Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mich_chowmich_chow Member Posts: 58
    I just replied to your earlier post. I am not an expert on leasing, and personally don't think leasing is a very good choice when and if you want to keep the vehicle for a longer term OR if you are leasing a vehicle that has a very good resale value - like Honda or Toyota. But, I might be wrong. Besides, I think this is a very high price for an EX-L RES (if it include only the vehicle and destination).
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    Funny I have no idea on the tint specs but the match is flawless in color but slightly less dark to meet OK spec. It was added by the dealer but I have had many tints in my day and this was one of the best from the small town of Bartlesville, OK. Anyhow, any tint guy should do it for $70 with life time guarantee.
  • noise2noise2 Member Posts: 2
    Just completed a purchase of a 2005 Odyssey Touring at Berlin City in New Hampshire. $31,656 including all-weather mats, crossbars, destination, and doc fees ($129); not including tax. Then traded in my Subaru for KBB value. Quite pleased all around.. the dealer was very good.

Thanks everyone on the forums, they were a great help in finding a good deal.
    My local dealers are out of 05's. Are there still lots with 05's in quantity? or just bad colors like BLACK which I have never seen in OK

Anyhow, I am selling my 05 and want to make sure the only competition is the 06's since I am going to take a hit anyway.

Is 06 pricing officially out?
  • ttarkingtonttarkington Member Posts: 18
    Bad colors like Black?! That's the color I'm interested in, with black leather interior- NO brown (or variations of brown) minivan for me! We play the game - who can see the most BROWN minivans when we're on the road.

We're trying to figure out what the first year hit will be on the 05 Touring - you can't use the 04 figure, with the style change. Thinking about getting a low mileage used in in December or so.
  • noise2noise2 Member Posts: 2
    The one I just got was the last 05 on the lot at the dealer in NH; midnight blue. Some other dealers here in Maine have 06's on the lot already, and the details are all up on the honda website now.
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    On what planet do you drive? I haven't seen a new brown vehicle since the late 1970's. You must mean gold/champagne? My Sienna is a 2004, and there was no brown on the color chart I was shown....
  • driekdriek Member Posts: 12
    Well, I am pleased to report that our silver 2006 EX-L RES arrived and we just picked it up. Delivery was only after a week from the initial purchase. This was faster than expected.

We paid 29,532. Taxes, title, etc. brought the OTD price of $32k. We are very happy with the deal and how we were treated. :)
  • pminnhpminnh Member Posts: 3
    Just paid $28,700 including destination for a Midnight Blue 2006 EX-L at Peters Honda in NH. We were fought for the same price from Clair in West Roxbury and Grappone, however of the 3, Peters was the most friendly, so we went with them. We encountered pretty significant resistance at this level (about $300 above invoice) - we might have been able to get $100 less, but we had a couple dealers balk even at this price. All in all we called about 10-13 dealers in the area. They had it in stock so we drove it off the lot the day of purchase. :)
  • navdeepgnavdeepg Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Just bought ours EXL NAv n RES for 31,800+tax+mv

34KOTD price.
  • whatever67whatever67 Member Posts: 2
    Closed today on OMM with DVD for $30,435. After "necessary" accessories, tax, and title we ended up at $33,670.
  • dlve1973dlve1973 Member Posts: 1
    What dealer you got it from? Thanks.
  • griffin1031griffin1031 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any recent purchasing experience in Houston area?
    Is there any dealer out there selling 2006 model lower than MSRP?
    I'm looking for 06 EX-L RES. I visited a couple of dealers and they all suggested OTD price of 36,300 or higher.
    If not Houston, can anyone recommend dealers in nearby cities?
    Thanks in advance.
    No offense on the color.
    Black on black is beautiful when clean and Zainoed. I had TSX in that and swore never again. I live in OK and hot hot hot. I would be cooked.

Black is very unpopular here and they sit in the summer unsold but more sell out of season when us Okies are not thinking about the upcoming cooking of summer.

Good luck--PS I would buy a new one because the resale will be strong and the 06 Warranty is to 5 yr 60 k and the 05 you buy may have lots of kinks to get worked out yet with all the recalls etc
  • cars7cars7 Member Posts: 24
    Im looking for the O6 WITH LEATHER NAV AND RES. Many of the dealers in my area will not discount much. Im looking to purchase soon and would appreciate a reference on a dealer in my area, which I doubt, or Im willing to travel. Thank you for your time .
  • finzzfinzz Member Posts: 40
    looking into the same car myself in NJ. Purchased on 05 Accord a few months ago and never left my house -- did the entire thing via internet

Have you obtained any Internet Quotes for this vehicle yet? I haven't started yet.

With the Accord, I went to Open Road Honda and spec'd out the vehicle I wanted. Had their Internet quote within 30 minutes and then had something to compare.

Like I said... the entire purchase was done though the internet - never, ever felt so "confident" that I walked away with a great deal.

One more thing... I went to Consumer Reports and obtained one of their pricing sheets - cost about $10 - $15.

Good luck
    Yes I did the internet thing many just say, come on in we are happy to set up a demo and so on. The only price I received was close to list. Im looking to pay a few hundred over invoice. There is a dealership selling in chicago $99.00 over invoice . I prefer to get something more local. What are people paying over invoice in general for this van?
    I just received a quote for a 2005 exl WITH NAV AND RES FOR 31,849 FOR 2005 MODEL Im looking for the 2006 for less than that any other dealers . This dealer was openroad honda. Im located on longisland however im willing to travel. thanks in advance for any help.
  • ttarkingtonttarkington Member Posts: 18
    Brown, or variations thereof -- VERY popular for mini vans! Desert Rock Metallic (Honda), Desert Sand Mica (Toyota), Sandstone Metallic, Dark Bronzemist (GM), Arizona Beige (Ford), Cosmic Sand (Mazda)... to name a few!

I know how hard it is to keep a black car beautiful - I swore off black after I had a black Olds Bravada - went to a Smoke Silver (brownish-beigeish-champagne) Mercedes - that car NEVER looked dirty -even when it was filthy - then to the Sagemist Pearl Acura MDX, now in the Oxford White Navigator - I'm ready for frequent car washes again!

The Honda dealership here has the Touring, R&N, in Midnight Blue Pearl - it's been sitting there for awhile - they talked of *a little off MSRP* ... ummm, NO THANKS!
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    I underdstand....really. Smoke Silver was perhaps the best Mercedes color ever.

But the colors you mention (Smoke Silver included) are not brown. They are a variation on the metallic champagne/tan theme.

The Dark Bronzemist looks great on the DeVille, but I've not seen it on a minivan--and I'd hardly consider it brown....

"What? You didn't order the Metallic Pea?...."
  • tjp111tjp111 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership? I'm in SE PA looking. I've found several local dealerships sticking at sticker or minimal off of sticker.
    Thanks
  • paulr1paulr1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, everybody.

Last week I took delivery of a nice Midnight Blue Pearl '06 EX-L that I ordered from Classic Honda in Round Rock, TX.

Got it for a few hundred under MSRP, with the following adds, all discounted:

* 7 yr/100K extended warranty
    * Cargo tray
    * All-weather mats
    * 3rd row window shades

Note this vehicle did NOT include DVD or Nav systems (didn't want 'em).

Totalled about 34.4K OTD.

This is my 2nd internet purchase in 6 years from their internet dept.They seem to be a stand-up dealer, and make the purchase smooth and easy.
    :shades:
    could you inform me on the name and location of the dealership where you made the purchase. Thank you!
  • driekdriek Member Posts: 12
    The dealership was Palm Harbor Honda, located in Palm Harbor, FL. I would give you the number, but forum rules frown upon such information. A quick search using Google should get you the necessary information.

They also threw in what they call a "Joe Dee Pack". It's those color matching door guards for the Odyssey. Most of the models sitting on the lot already had them installled. If you get a brand new vehicle that is coming in from another dealer (or direct from the factory like we did), make sure you ask for them. They look good and really protect your doors.

Something free is always good. :D
  • mich_chowmich_chow Member Posts: 58
    Indy Honda - but some other folks called and seems like they are not getting as good a price now. Good luck.
  • subs2subs2 Member Posts: 3
    I didnt know how to delete a post after I entered it and then I saw you couldnt use last names and then I just blew the whole postAgain sorry guys
  • subs2subs2 Member Posts: 3
    I concur with prior posts that Palm Harbor Honda is a good place to buy your next Honda I purchased an 06 Ody EXL and a 06 Ridgeline from them last week.The Ody I paid $29000.00 including destination and the Ridgeline way below invoice with all the extras on it .It was a company vehicle with 440 miles on it and was used at auto shows for 5 months and was so loaded with dealer add ons that I couldnt pass it up for the price $30500. It was an RTL S/R. The dealer will sell Odys for $500.00 above invoice as well as RL. Use the internet dept and look up the phone # on the google search engine. They have some 05 Odys left for a better price but as of Sat. the were giving $500.00 over invoice on 06Odys They are straight forward and do not play numbers or head games. All their quoted prices include destination but not tags, title or dealer fees ($489.00)
  • mesincitymesincity Member Posts: 13
    WE ADDED A TRAILER HITCH & PARTIAL HONDA TOWING PKG. TO OUR 2004...

WE HAD U-HAUL DO THE HITCH/WIRING INSTALL...THEIR LABOR RATES ARE USUALLY LOWER AND OVERALL PRICING IS USUALLY LOWER...

THEN WE HAD OUR HONDA DEALER INSTALL THE REMAINDER OF WHAT HONDA CONSIDERS THE "TOWING PKG." WHEN YOU BUY IT FROM THEM. IT BASICALLY CONSISTS OF ADDITIONAL OIL COOLING AND TRANSMISSION COOLING, SO THAT WHEN YOU DO FINALLY TOW, YOU'RE NOT OVERWORKING THE ENGINE OR THE TRANSMISSION...IN OTHER WORDS, THE ADD-ONS MAKE UP FOR THE INCREASED WORKLOAD PLACED ON THE MOTOR AND TRANNY...

THE BONUS TO HAVE THOSE COMPONENTS BE HONDA PARTS AND INSTALLED BY THEM IS THAT THEY AUTOMATICALLY BECOME COVERED BY THE HONDA WARRANTY...IN FACT, WE PURCHASED THE 7YR/100K MILES WARRANTY ADD-ON AND WERE TOLD THE HONDA COMPONENTS OF THE TOWING PKG. WOULD ALSO BE COVERED BY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY...
  • aku_05aku_05 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up leasing EXL - RES '06 from My credit union with the same price. I think I paid 1000$ more over all. I can't pay the interest. Its not permissible in my religion so I had no choice but to lease it.

I just picked it up yesterday. I like it. Hopefully, $1000 more was worth it :)

Thanks again.

Aaku
  • dzeiglerdzeigler Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered $23,550 (includes Destination). Splash Guards were only option. I need to know if this is a good deal, or not ASAP........I hope to buy today! :blush:
  • ody_manody_man Member Posts: 12
    What was the cost of 7yr/100K warranty, now that we have 5yr/60K mfg warranty for 06EX?

Would some kind soul post a list of warranty prices (Honda Care?), invoice price, if possible?

Thanks to all.
  • gholbygholby Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a similar car in the same area (northern Bucks County). Have tried dealers via internet in both PA and NJ, but so far little response. Anyone you can recommend?

Thanks
  • tjalilitjalili Member Posts: 6
    A dealer quoted me the car for 1000.00 over the invoice price, had a very hard time getting this price, called all over. I actually got 2 dealers quoting me that same price now.

One dealer broke it down that I'd be paying :
    24,360.00 (invoice + 1K (destination charge included))
    2,139.77 (Tax 8.75 %)
    230.00 (registration with DMV)
    45.00 (DMV documentation)
    8.75 (state tire fee)
    ------------------------------------------
    Grand total : 26,833.02

This is my first time buying a car, and I'm sure people would take advantage of that...any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :confuse:

Thanks,
    Tariq
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Not too bad with destination charge included. Depends what part of the country you are in as to if you could do better. A lot of people would be happy to get an '06 at $1K over with destination.
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 4
    aliy, would you mind naming the dealership that you had this bad experience with? I'm in the same area and looking to buy and I'd like to take my business elsewhere.

Thanks,

Songdog
    I know the 2006 warranty is 5 years/60k miles and the 2005 warranty is 3 years/36k miles. Can anyone out there tell me whether the new warranty covers the same set of car systems? That is, have they merely extended the duration of the warranty without restricting its coverage in other ways?

We've asked this of several Honda dealers. The ones we've emailed have simply ignored the question and the ones we've spoken to have claimed to know absolutely nothing about the 2006 warranty apart from a "rumour" that it's 5/60 (which, of course, was clearly stated in the press release when the 2006 Odyssey was announced a few weeks ago).

We had been considering getting a 2005 model to save some money but if the 2006 warranty is really improved (or we can get the 2006 for close to the cost of the 2005) then we'd rather get the newer model.

Thanks,

Songdog
    I have been quoted $23,550 (includes Destination) +TTL...Splash Guards were only assessory. I need to know if this is a good deal, or not, ASAP........thanks for any feedback.......
  • aliyaliy Member Posts: 14
    It was Hudson Honda. My husband and I are still waiting for the result of the credit card dispute where we are trying to get our deposit refunded. Hudson Honda has ignored our requests to refund the deposit. Also, the general manager would not return our phone calls either.
    Thanks, aliy. I hope things smooth out quickly for you.

-Songdog
  • looking4exllooking4exl Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info. I'll ask our dealer about that option. What did it run you, if you don't mind sharing?
  • njguy3njguy3 Member Posts: 7
    Looks like a good deal on 2006

invoice on 2005 : $22,671
    price increased by 300$ on 2006 models
    So 500-600$ above invoice price for 2006 model is denitely good.
    Please let us know where did you get this quote (City , State) .

Thanks
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    warranty still the same, hasn't changed since 05 model, just bought 05 & checked
    with dealer as well as the books
  • ahalyaaahalyaa Member Posts: 25
    just bought 05 EXL-NAV-DVD for 750 dollars below invoice including destination at bianchihonda.com, ERIE, PA. Talked to mike donalley, neg the price, went & picked up the vehicle, smooth process, since didn't want to pay invoice+5% here in pittsburgh. 06 models, i believe they may do $500 above invoice, may nego, can bring down. Pilots too have a good deals there, i made him come down approx 1700 below invoice on 05 Pilot EXL & EXL with NAV but at last bolted to Ody 05. Wanted ACURA MDX, try philadelphia dealers, premium 05 MDX negotiated was 32,400 plus taxes including destination

ahalyaa
  • k1234k1234 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2006 EX-L Sage Brush Pearl for 29900 OTD on 8/31...

3yr/36k mile warranty
  • lookin4odylookin4ody Member Posts: 5
    I went to a dealer couple of days ago to see a '06 EX-L w/DVD and NAV. The salesperson asked for $3500 markup, asking for a total of $42,000 (includes tax and doc fees). Is that ridiculous or is that expected normal because of high demand for the van? Has anyone purchased '06 EX-L w/DVD and NAV? Please tell me what you paid for. Thanks!
  • njguy3njguy3 Member Posts: 7
    I am actively looking to buy 2006 Odyssey.
    If any of you got good dealsin NJ area Please let me know
    Thanks
  • fineweatherfineweather Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a 2005 EX or EXL with RES in New Jersey area. Anyone knows of any good dealer or any lucrative buying experience? Is there going to be any Labor Day sale for 05's ? Please share any comments
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Yep, it's ridiculous. Just keep shopping or, better yet, come to Ohio.
    Does anyone know what the dealer invoice is on an 06 Ody LX, including destination? :confuse:
  • 330blast330blast Member Posts: 49
    By reading the fact sheet available on Honda's website, it says 3yr/36000 miles limited warranty and 5-yr/60000 miles limited powertrain warranty. My interpretion is that the 5yr/60,000 will have less coverage than the original 3yr/36K and very possible only covers power train (Engine, Transmittion and maybe few other major part depends on the definition of 'power train').

IMHO, it's still a big improvement on one of the worst warranty in the auto industry, especially with the first-ever VCM technologies. The 5yr/60K powertrain will definitely add much more peace in my mind.

I was actively looking for a 2005 EX-L until I saw this sheet. Then I decide to wait for a few months and hope to get the 2006 within $700-$800 over invoice. It will be a little more than what I pay now for a 2005 (BTW, in SF bay area, the price for 2005 is not that good, the best I can get is $500 over invoice and it's from a dealer ship 147miles away.), but I will have one-year newer car with a better warranty.

Hope this helps.