Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Accessories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Focus gives you 10 mins or until a door is opened of accessory power.

Normal to stay on after u shut off the car. Not normal to play after you open the door.

Mark.
  • ud0ntkn0wme86ud0ntkn0wme86 Member Posts: 4
    Mine has never stayed on like that unless I press the power button, then it usually has an hour limit...mine is also only a 2000. But hey, if you need a new radio let me know - I just put aftermarket in mine and Im selling the factory one (which works fine) for cheap.
  • josh5mjosh5m Member Posts: 7
  • josh5mjosh5m Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys how do you replace the rear speakers in the trunk? There's this panel that I can't get off. I have other speakers I would like to install but I cant get that metal looking grill off. Any ideas?!?
  • rputtaguntarputtagunta Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

Anybody had a problem with this one? Both of the Keyless Entry knobs are broken (the hook which connects to the keychain is broken) and I blame Ford's stupid design team to design a piece like that. Anyway, what options do I have. I want my keychain AND keyless entry thing together. Any after market solution for this?

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the actual function of the keyless entry thing.

Thank you,
    Rahul.
  • extremed604jextremed604j Member Posts: 2
    I have 2000 Focus SE and the keyless entry system is not working neither are my power doorlocks. The dealer spent an hour diagnosing it (cost me 275) and then told me that they needed to pull out each door panel and look at each actuator motor, I refused because I could not afford it. I am wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what did they do about it?
  • markus5markus5 Member Posts: 102
    OUTRAGIOUS,
    That is about 3 times the labor rate/hr that I am familiar with.
    When you brought the car in did they inform you of these possible charges? :mad:
  • extremed604jextremed604j Member Posts: 2
    Yeah there was going to be a 70 diagnosis fee and what ever it would cost to fix it, i I wanted the repairs done. I would have been ok paying if the thing would have been fixed. But apparently I they replaced a blown fuse which made the system work but the fuse blew again so they put in a new fuse. I got charged for the changing off fuses and since they had to open my door panels they charged a higher diagnosis fee. I HATE FORD and have even lost my love for the Cobra, I plan to light my Focus on fire once it stops working cause it has given me so many problems and I can barely afford it on a students salary. GO HONDA!!!
  • dvrdandvrdan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 ford focus and I cannot find the aux jack I would like to know if anyone does.. My radio is a ford product and does have the button!!!
    thanks for any help
  • kat1984kat1984 Member Posts: 1
    I thought I was going crazy I checked the manual and I am supposed to have a Aux jack and I cannot find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I stumbled upon this forum and found out someone else is having the same issue! PLEASE HELP! I want to use my car charger for my cell phone!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    The radio may have the button because it is a universal Ford radio, but the pre 2008 Focus never had the jack. You can get one in stalled and routed to the glove box.

Mark.
  • heymommyheymommy Member Posts: 1
    I'm not any help, since we haven't tried to fix it, but my 2000 Focus SE has the exact same problem.. The button on the dash for the trunk doesn't even work. It's very annoying.. I don't drive the car much anymore though, so I haven't bothered to fix it.

Does your trunk leak too? Mine does and no matter what we do, we can't seem to keep it from leaking.
  • mark1960mark1960 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my new ( used ) 2001 Focus has a radio / Cassette player fitted that has a button marked " CD " and reading the owners guide it says that this unit is compatible with a CD changer.
    Having never used a CD changer or system like this before would anyone be able to give me some guidance on what to buy, where to fit and how to operate etc.
    Thanks,
    Mark.
  • jpearce21jpearce21 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Ford Focus wagon with a factory radio w/ 6 disc changer. The radio's display started spontaneously flashing a few days agon and has not stopped since. Any ideas what may cause something like this?
  • ellett_nikoleellett_nikole Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem with the knobs on my keyless entry being broken. i was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem, and if anyone does, i know it says do not put your email on this, but please reply to me at ellett_nikole@sbcglobal.net thank you!
  • 06_focus_owner06_focus_owner Member Posts: 1
    The rear door on the passenger side of my 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE will not lock (either from trying on the inside or from using the keyless entry). Does anyone have any siggestions as to what may be causing the problem?
  • a90myersa90myers Member Posts: 9
    I just purchased a used car. It's a 99 Grand Am SE. Has power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, power driver seat. I have only 1 key. I went to the hardware store to get a few made and they told me that I may have to go to the dealer because the key may have a "chip". I think this car had a keyless entry system. How can I tell and do I need to go to the dealer for a few more keys?
  • oldfordmecholdfordmech Member Posts: 124
    a90myers; You posted your question in the FORD focus forum. Anyway, did you get any key fobs w/buttons on it? If you did, or you have a key pad on your driver's door, then you have a keyless system.
  • irish_banshee0irish_banshee0 Member Posts: 1
    while driving the radio all of a sudden started flashing and has not stopped. How can I fix this? I can't access the menu because none of the buttons will work. I can wiggle the on/off button to turn it off, and then turn it back on to get the cd player to work. Thats it, I can't do anything else. Any idea's?
  • sryder32sryder32 Member Posts: 2
    I just got an 08 Focus SES (sedan) yesterday, and am liking the SYNC feature a lot. But people that I call using the SYNC Phone tell me that the sound quality is very poor. Not only is it very hollow sounding, but they have a hard time hearing me. Is there a way to at least adjust the volume so my callers can hear me better? I'm ready to live with the hollow sound.
  • focusfixfocusfix Member Posts: 2
    I have a Ford Focus 2004 radio that won't play instead it say mute. The clock radio does work. What's going on?
  • ladyb1960ladyb1960 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I came to switch my radio on by pressing the button but its absolutely dead. Everything else seems to be working on the dashboard so I suspect a fuse but cant seem to identify which fuse it is from the fuse chart in the manual. Has anyone had this problem or can point me in the right direction please? Thanks.
  • srbarberysrbarbery Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I've got a 2003 ZX5 and the exact same problems with my radio. I noticed a few others have posted the same issues. This is my first search on this topic, and would like to know if you could tell me whether you've had any luck figuring out what the problem could be? I'll be happy to share any information I have, as well.
  • tribfra2006tribfra2006 Member Posts: 3
    I have owned my Ford Focus for a year (bought it used) and it has started locking the doors when the keys are left in the ignition. Also, there are times when I cannot unlock the driver side door with the keys,it has keyless entry. I wish someone could help me. It is getting frustrating being locked out of my car.
  • dfoleydfoley Member Posts: 1
    if you want to find the AUX jack check the glove compartment i have a 2008 ford focus zetec and the AUX jack is in the glove compartment
  • pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    We have the same car, but not the problem you describe - ours works fine. I've had other hands-free cell phone systems and this is the best I've seen. We have it in an Escape as well. Some tips; speak toward the mic and don't be afraid to project a little without yelling. Having the car speaker volume up too high can cause feedback that affects sound quality. Closed windows and sunroof help as well (too much background noise). Good luck.
  • whitey9whitey9 Member Posts: 138
    If they charged you $275 and they STILL don't know what it is, then you had better take it to a PROFESSIONAL, not an AMATEUR! Unless you are a $BILLIONAIRE!
  • martymc01martymc01 Member Posts: 1
    i cannot adjust the volume on my radio as it comes up with RICP on the display and i cannot seem to get any page to adjust it on the menu display..can anyone help please?
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    Is the Ford dealer the only place you can get a key with the chip made? I have a 2001 Focus with power locks and the remote. Only have one key and would like a spare.
  • chet6chet6 Member Posts: 1
    Suddenly my power door locks stopped working after working properly for years. I replaced the #63 fuse, the one that is not described in the manual, the one hidden under a wiring harness and operated the power door lock. After about six cycles the fuse failed again. Is this a common problem? Are other people experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know if there is a quick fix or a systematic means for diagnosing this problem?
  • lara3lara3 Member Posts: 1
    I read to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect it. My display was flashing on and off constantly, whether the radio was on or off. I disconnected the battery, waited 10 minutes and reconnected the cable, and it works fine now - no more flashing!.
  • brokeracerbrokeracer Member Posts: 2
    I have bought a zx3 sport 2007 say's focus sport on the fender has different bumpers,spoiler.sony radio proformance exhaust all seem to be factory..can't find anything on model .. does any one know about it .. does it have any other mod's than just looks,, engine /supension ? has exhaust ...would like to know................. race4broke@msn.com
  • brokeracerbrokeracer Member Posts: 2
    e-bay sells them cheap comes with programing search ford focus key
  • rammie24rammie24 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2006 ford focus and the am reception is fine until i start the car and then i hear engine noise on the radio. fm reception is not affected by this
  • jlittererjlitterer Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2010
    Just purchased a 2010 Ford Focus SE. Would like to have daytime running lamps.
    (Evidently available for "fleet buyers" only.) Any way to add them to my vehicle? A lot of cars have the capability to add items because the wire looms are the same for each vehicle when built at the factory. You can add a relay or whatever to activate the particular option. Thanks! Jeff
  • adviceman298adviceman298 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know how good this site is guys but personally I use JCWhitney for all my part needs for my shop... look for ford focus parts. Just as a disclaimer though. If you guys buy parts for your car, don't just try to figure out something tricky by yourself. Find someone to help you with it. It's not worth breaking something expensive.
  • mizzlizzmizzlizz Member Posts: 1
    So my radio started to spazz out on my focus. It keeps coming on and turning off within a matter of seconds, over and over. I removed the key from the ignition and the radio continues to power on. I had to remove the fuse to make it turn off and stay off. Anyone have a remedy? I hate riding in silence but I cannot deal with the radio turning off and on like a light switch! Its the factory radio thats acting crazy.
  • micey70micey70 Member Posts: 1
    This just happened to me while trying to set a radio station, Did you solve this issue? I also did the fuse thing!
  • pnubpnub Member Posts: 1
    I read about the other error messages in the manuel but nothing is said about "CD ERROR>" What do I do to get this things to work.
  • monicasantosmonicasantos Member Posts: 1
    1. Start by pulling the main fuse for the radio (if you already haven't)
    2. Re insert the fuse and turn the radio on (nevermind the on off sequence). Insert a music CD, it will take one.
    3. Pull the fuse again, count to five and re insert fuse.
    4. When the CD starts to play, use the menus to get down to the factory default settings and ask it to reset to factory.
    5. And you are now working again. Or you should be. It basically is a processor and it operates just like your home PC whn it needs a reload. It searchs to the default drive which is the CD player.

Good Luck everyone!
  • swaxswax Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Ford Forcus Si 1.6.every time when i try to play a CD it displays ERROR and the cd just stays inside the radio ans automatically switches to FM mode.The other functions are all working fine except the CD function.

Please assist.
  • swaxswax Member Posts: 2
    Hello there...which fuse are u talking about?Where can I find this fuse?

I have the same situation
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• fdthirdfdthird Member Posts: 352
    They stopped working suddenly in the last 6 months on our 2001 Focus SE. Figured it must be the fuse so got the owner's manual out and opened the fuse door only to discover that the 20 AMP fuse for the locks is on the backside of the fuse block! Took it to my mechanic and he dropped the fuse block and changed the fuse. All was fine for about a month, then it blew again. I asked them if they could put pigtales on the fuse so it would be dropped down and I could easily change it (as I wasn't interested in spending the time or money to investigate why it blew). They were able to do so and on the way home I bought a box of fuses to keep in the car. It's been about 2-3 months and everything is working fine and I haven't had to use any of those new fuses!! Coincidence, or did moving the fuse help?? Don't know the answer but not questioning!