Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hondamom6hondamom6 Member Posts: 19
    The $24099 price quoted me is on a 08 Limited FWD without navigation. I don't really want the navigation.
    And I live in Tyler Texas (east Texas) but the Hyundai dealership that quoted me the price is in Nacogdoches Texas - still east Texas but about 60 miles from Tyler.

This particular dealership has 10 Limited's in stock and alot of the GLS and SE's also.

What price do you think I should counter with?
  • js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    Hondamom6 - I haven't shopped in awhile on a Santa Fe as mine is a 2007, however it is equipped just as the one you are looking at (minus the 6 disc Infinity system which was added as standard in 2008). When I purchased in June 2007 my total rebate was $2,550 on a vehicle that listed for about $27,800. With dealer discount, I paid $21,500 + TTL. I'm not far from you in the Dallas area and at the time Allen Samuels in Fort Worth had the best deal of any in the area. I'm familiar with Tyler and know Samuels has a dealership there too, but you may want to expand your search to DFW for the best deal. Huffines in McKinney also gave a great deal to my sister (who lives in the Tyler area too) a few months ago on a Sonata. For an overall dealership I'd recommend Huffines; for price only Allen Samuels. Huffines was about $500 for a Santa Fe at the time but is a great dealer for service as I'm only five miles from it. Hope this helps.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• suv999suv999 Member Posts: 3
    Bought it!!! I'm sure I could do better, but it is what it is.

08 Santa Fe FWD, Limited, 3rd Row seat, and Nav
    MSRP 32,280
    Drive out 26,500. (after TTL)
    6.0% financing.

Local Houston Dealer.
    So far so good, the car drives very smooth.
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    congrats on your purchase... but you definitately could have done much better. i was offered a LIMITED AWD w/nav for less than that (@ $24.800 +TTL.... so i guess about the same total price)
    Thanks js06qv! I'll look into the dealership you recommeded in McKinney. I test drove the Santa Fe at Allen Samuels in Tyler about 3 days ago and I sent an email to them asking for a quote but all I've gotten back so far is an automatic email that says thanks for the inquiry. I'm going to wait until Monday and email the salesman who showed me the car and see what kind of price I can get from them. I'd rather by in Tyler so that I don't have to drive elsewhere but I'll go where I can get the best price - especially since I'm expecting to get screwed on the trade in.
    sell your current car yourself... yes they'll "screw" you on the trade-in, that's how they make up some of their money.

sell your car on craigslist.com or even ebay... it's not to difficult. if the car is decent you can take it down to CarMax (if there's one in your neck of the country).

another thing you could do about your trade-in is this... figure out what it's worth, and WHEN the dealer comes back with a trade amount less than what you deem fair counter-offer with, "well if that's all you're gonna give me on my trade, then i want an extra $x off the selling price of the santa fe"... you can dicker with them and SPLIT the difference in your research trade-in value and what they're offering.
    roughyear, I have tried to sell my car, several times in fact. I've put ads in the local paper 4 different times trying to sell it. It's a 2002 Honda Odessey minivan and I thought I would sell it very quickly since everyone I know drives them - they should be in great demand.

Unfortunately, most of the calls I got on the car were from people who didn't even know what it was even though it was clearly stated in the ad. One lady called just to talk - it was very weird. The last time I ran the ad which was 3 weeks ago, I didn't even have anyone come to look at it - just weird calls.

It has only 62000 miles on it even though it's 6 1/2 years old but I'd like to get a new car before I have to make any major repairs. The transmission went out on it a month ago and the service dept. had to call Honda and make them pay for most of the cost of the repair since it has such low miles. Apparently, this model had a problem with the transmission.

So I'm ready to just unload it. I haven't tried craigslist or ebay but I may if I can't get a fair price for tradein.
  • i360i360 Member Posts: 74
    You should try autotrader.com to sell your vehicle.
  • wachholderwachholder Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my new '08 Santa Fe LMTD FWD. I paid $22,700 +TTL (after all rebates applied). I live in the Chicagoland area. Used my own financing @ 5.9%and know that I got under invoice before the rebate was applied. I know this because I work in finance in the auto industry for a lender. LOVE the new car! :blush:
  • evensteven34evensteven34 Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a great deal. Do you mind if I ask where you purchased from in the Chicago area?
    I finally made a deal after dickering back and forth via email with 3 dealerships. I bought my Powder white pearl '08 Santa Fe Limited (no navi) today for $23391 + TTL. I traded in my 2002 Honda Odessey EX for $6500. I was happy with the new car price but was not happy with the trade in price. I was hoping to get at least $7000 for it. But I didn't want to keep the Odessey any longer as it kept having problems - plus I think the steering was about to go out. It kept making a popping noise. So at least I traded it before having to make anymore repairs.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the situation. Doing all the price negotiations over email was so much nicer than having to drive from dealership to dealership trying to get a decent price. This is definitely the way to go. We were still stuck at the dealership for over 2 hours - negotiating the trade in, talking with the financial guy and waiting for them to prep the new car. But I guess that's better than being stuck there all day while they wonder around, talking to the "manager" about a better price.

I dealt with Allen Samuels Hyundai in Tyler Texas if anyone in the area is looking to buy. They jacked up the price of several items such as destination and tried to charge me $200 for white paint. But overall I got a good price from them ONLY because they were beating another dealerships low price. So if you go shop with Allen Samuels, be sure you look over all the charges they're trying to tack on because some of them are bogus.
  • danprtrdanprtr Member Posts: 25
    Newbie question- is TTL title? Thanks for putting up with me. Dan
    Hello, Guessing title fee assessed by dealer? Thanks, Dan
  • mtjc521mtjc521 Member Posts: 26
    TTL is the cost of Taxes, Title, and Licensing.
    Congrats on the purchase.
    ?Is the '08 SF Limited (no Nav) an AWD all wheel drive, or front wheel drive? thanks
    It's FWD.
    The only reason I got the deal I did was because the dealership in Nacogdoches was willing to go that low. I never would have gotten that price at Allen Samuels in Tyler if they weren't trying to beat the price of the other guy.

So if anyone in East Texas is looking for a new Hyundai - I would recommend contacting Rex Perry Autoplex in Nacogdoches.
  • frenchman1frenchman1 Member Posts: 3
    I AM LOOKING AT A 2008 SANTA FE FWD,AUTO, GLS. THE PRICE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN ON THE INTERNET IS 419,687 INCLUDING MATS AND MUD FLAPS. ADDING OPTION POPULAR PACKAGE 03, WHICH GIVES YOU THE SUNROOF AND HEATED SEATS TAKES ME TO $22,000. BOTH ARE FOR AFTER REBATES. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH OR COULD I DO BETTER?
  • frenchman1frenchman1 Member Posts: 3
    THE FIRST PRICE SHOULD BE
    $19,687 NOT 419687
    $22,000 ONLY if it includes NAVIGATION!! otherwise, about $2000 too much
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    1. Don't yell. Using all caps is considered yelling, and bad form.

2. No, it's not a very good deal - I paid about that for my SE (Not GLS) and that's before SUV sales went in the dumper.
    When will the 09 SF Limited come out for sale, if it is not already out?? Any feature and option differences compared to the 08 Limited?? Pricing increases or decreases?? Thanks for help ---- I am trying to decide whether to buy 08 Limited now or to wait a couple of months for a 09 Limited... In our tight car market and tight economy, with hungry dealers, it may be wise to wait... One guy posted here that his door post showed that his 08 SF was made in mid-2007!!! Thanks.
    09's started manufacture in July at the Montgomery Al. plant but reportedly are being held back until the "glut" of 08's are sold. Things to consider:
    - Santa Fe's currently have the highest rebates offered by Hyundai for any of their cars.
    - They are an outstanding value with current rebates and dealer incentive compared to even smaller SUV's (CRV's, RAV4's, etc.).
    - The current excess inventory won't last forever (Sonata's also made at the same plant and capacity is already being shifted to those so fewer Santa Fe's are being made).
    Why wait?
    Frenchman - you can get a Limited for that price which already has the optional features included but also has leather interior +. That's why I went for the Limited - the rebates are higher on them than on the SE or GLS so if I can get a nicer car for the same price, it's a much better value for me.

I'd look into the Limited.
  • wtnlvrwtnlvr Member Posts: 10
    I just picked up my Limited 8/26 and love it. They took 6k off the sticker price. It came with a few small options and a bigger option of the chrome wheels. They are so desperate to get rid of the 08's it's rediculous-LOL. I'm in Mass.
  • aescape2006aescape2006 Member Posts: 1
    srz948: Which dealer did you buy from? I'm looking to buy one too. Thanks.
  • wtnlvrwtnlvr Member Posts: 10
    Herb Connolly in Natick. It's the 3rd Hyundai I've bought from them- they are great! Their stock is getting low though and the rebates end 9/2/08 I think. They have their inventory posted on their web site. Good Luck!
  • srz948srz948 Member Posts: 75
    Valley Steam Hyundai, in Valley Stream, NY. Great people to work with.
    Apparently, the 09 SF Limited is being held back by Hyundai until the herd of 08 Limited is thinned out/ sold off.
    (1) Anyone say what new features the 09 Limited will have over 08 Limited--besides the MP3 jack?
    (2) Anyone know if the 08 Limited rebate will continue passed September 2nd, just the July Limited rebate was held over into August?
    Thanks on any help to compare pro/con of 08 Limited vs 09 Limited. Let 'er buck.
  • hyounglhohyounglho Member Posts: 6
    TTL stands for Tax Title and License. They are usual fees that are paid for legal paperwork for your new or used vehicle.
  • hyounglhohyounglho Member Posts: 6
    I've looked and looked. Edmunds does not have anything on Cash Incentive of $1,500 that some of you are mentioning. I see $2,500 rebate for Santa Fe but how is anyone getting below invoice? I've been researching and talking with a couple of dealers in Austin, TX. I've got a quote for $19,986 for Santa Fe GLS FWD Auto with CF(Carpet Floor Mats) and Cargo Tray and Mud Guard as an option. That is after the rebate which is well below invoice. I think it's a pretty good deal but if I'm reading correctly I could save even more. I don't know how to approach some of the prices I've seen for GLS. Any comments, suggestions or Advice will be appreciated.
  • jiminyintxjiminyintx Member Posts: 49
    I can't answer your questions about '09 features, but I bought a year end '07 Santa Fe last September, and the rebates increased -- I got another $500 off.
  • trunvestrtrunvestr Member Posts: 32
    I just purchased the '08 SE with the premium package. I also have wheel locks, floor carpets, carpet tray and it's powder white pearl. Other than sales tax the total cost was $21,624.00. Is that a reasonable price? I though it was but then doubt sets in.
    I priced a Limited from Valley Stream Hyundai and first of all they said they had NO Limited that were not AWD. They offered an AWD Limited with a sticker price of about $30k and offered to knock of $3,500 (the rebate) from that. I only wanted a FWD Limited why pay that much more for the AWD? Besides why negotiate from the sticker down instead of starting from the INVOICE price? Valley Stram is only okay to me with sales. Great with servicing your ride but sales is sad!
    I looked into the limited yesterday and the salesman checked his computer and found a grand total of FOUR between Mass. and W. Virginia. I live in NY and there seem to be none. The limiteds that are available are all awd with various options already included.
  • elvisluvselvisluvs Member Posts: 29
    Not sure if it is accurate- but take a look at antwerpen in maryland. No experience with them though- maybe someone else can chime in.
    Or Fairfax, or fitzgerald or ...........
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems there is 11 in the North East corridor, according to Fitzgerald. The cheapest price listed is $22,630. That is more than the four cited by the Towne Hyundai salesperson. Yet it still a limited selection. I purchased an SE with the premium package. I won't get the leather seats but otherwise I'd fine. MY point I guess is that the 2008 Limited with FWD are not readily available.
    I'm counting 30 at Fitz alone. Obvoiusly- some with some options. If I had to guess- I suspect particular dealers don't want you to look elsewhere.
    The 30 that you're referring to are in ALL regions. In the north east region there are 11 at Fitz.
    Sorry about that- I clicked the Northeast area- I must have double clicked.
    There are tons of FWD Limited's available in Texas. I guess they mostly ship AWD's to the northern areas because of all the snow.
  • player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    So i might be gettinG a new car soon (within a month) since my old car is acting up.

How much should i pay for:

2008 Limited AWD Touring Package with Navigation?
    MSRP: $33,995
    Invoice: $31,917

or a Limited AWD with Navigation?
    MSRP : $32,395
    Invoice: $30,429

How much off MRSP or invoice?

Id like to have an idea of what everyone else is paying so i know what to ask for when i go to the dealer.

Thx inadvance guys...
  • winter75winter75 Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I purchased a 2008 white Hyundai Santa Fe Limited with black interior (no navi or touring packages) for $22995 from Van Hyundai in Carrollton, TX today. We also traded in our high mileage 2000 Dodge Durango 4WD for $3000. Our trade-in value matched the amount listed on Edmunds web site. We emailed several dealerships early this morning and had 3 offers by 11am. Each dealer was willing to match the lowest offer. It all came down to how much we could get for our trade-in. We spent less than an hour at the dealership doing the paperwork. We got a loaner car for today and will pick up our new car tomorrow. The dealer had to trade with another dealership to get the car we wanted. I thought the salesman at the dealership was great. Thanks to this forum we saved several thousand dollars. Special thanks to hondamom6 for posting her experience. It was a big help knowing what someone local paid for their Santa Fe and internet car shopping was terrific! We have a baby and we would not have lasted through the typical car buying experience.
    In Oregon, current ads saying $8k off of MSRP, so $24,395 for the 08 Lmtd AWD with just NAVigation is a given, unless I am missing a dealer magic trick not listed in ad. Generally, Oregon dealers want/demand $250 for doc prep fees, and DMV fees [no sales tax here]. Thanks, and luck with dealers. Some say get the bottom line purchase price by phone/fax/email BEFORE stepping on the lot.
    ??? Does anyone know when or if the $3500 factory rebate for any 08 SF Lmtd will end as planned today Sept 2nd, or be extended for more time??
    ??Anyone have good or bad experiences with Oregon or Soutwest Washington Hyundai dealerships? ??Prices paid for SF Limited AWD or FWD in Oregon or Washington? thanks.
  • houstonhyundaihoustonhyundai Member Posts: 11
    I' m considering purchasing an '08 Sante fe limited no nav, fwd, quoted me for $22,500. Houston, texas area. any one been quoted less or think I can get better? They are also offering me $12k for my '07 Elantra on trade which is awesome!!! My credit union is offering 5.9% financing which I'm not too crazy about. reply soon, i 've been car shopping for a while and it's getting old. I am debating also on purchasing a Rav 4 limited which costs $2500 more,from toyota and they are only plus only giving me $10k on elantra trade. Main reason is gas mileage, HELP me decide.
  • winter75winter75 Member Posts: 2
    Great price on your Santa Fe Limited. The interest rates went down on September 1 and we got 4.49% for 36 months. Here's our credit union's car loan rates: http://swfinancial.org/rates-autoloans.html. Of course, they fluctuate based on credit scores. Good luck with your car purchase.
    That's a great price on the Limited and on the trade. I didn't test drive a Rav4 but I did a Honda CR-V. You just have to decide if you like the Limited better than the Rav4.
    it's all about personal perference when it comes between the santa fe, rav4, pilot, mitsu, etc....

i test drove all of those makes/badges... for the money, the santa fe is hands down the winner.. you get sooo much more for your dollars. the rav4 and pilot were extremely utilitarian in ride and amenities

the santa fe currently ranks 3rd on our short list of cars to get, behind 2 luxury brands which were trying to nego... but if they fall through, the santa fe will be in our driveway
    Santa Fe Limited FWD with Blue Tooth, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, First Aid Kit for $23,648 + TTL. Bought saturday in Cincinnati for what I figure to be $871 under invoice. It was too easy but they only had one of what we wanted (most were AWD with others having NAV) and my wife liked the color. Didn't want to prolong the search any longer. I'd recommend Columbia Hyundai but figure on preping the car yourself as the antenna wasn't installed, tires had 45-50#'s (vs. recommended 32#'s) and glue on the clear plastic headlights. Oh well, glad it's over.