Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1535455565759»

Comments

• nchandler1nchandler1 Member Posts: 1
    Did you buy this car or are you selling this car? This is exactly the car my mother in law is looking for and I would love to get it for her out the door for this price. Thanks.

Nick

P.S. I'm afraid she is going to buy tomorrow...quick response is appreciative.
  • joeyshin1joeyshin1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited FWD Fully Loaded on 4/5/13 for 36,450 OTD.

I didnt get the AWD package because dont really need it here, but it should be $1750 more. I shopped around quite a bit and this was the best price I could haggle. Most dealerships would not even haggle because there are a lot of people looking at them, and they just started coming into the dealerships here in Raleigh NC. They just started receiving them 2 weeks ago, and most dealerships only got 2 or 3.

The warranty is 10year/100000 for the powertrain only. there is 5yr/60000 bumper to bumper...but only 3yr/36000 for many of the electrical components like nav, stereo, camera..etc.. Many dealerships offer lifetime bumper to bumper as extended warranty for additional cost.

If you are planning to pay in full, haggle with financing first. Dealerships get a kickback from financial institutions, so they are more willing to deal on financed vehicles.

I think you would have more trouble trying to find the one you want. especially if you want a particular color. None of the dealerships in a 50 mi radius of raleigh NC had any limited AWDs....they could order and find one but said it would take few weeks. Also they werent willing to negotiate on a vehicle that they had to bring it.

After having the car for 2 days. I love it. I have previously owned a Cadillac and a Lexus, but this new Santa Fe is above and beyond what I expected. The Panoramic Sunroof is awesome. The 2nd row captain's seats are heated as well. There are just so many amenities that i just did not expect on a Hyundai.

GL on your search
  • desi_abhidesi_abhi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Georgem,
    Would you be able to give the dealership name. I am intereseted in the same vehicle purchase.

Thank you for your help.
    Desi.
  • stampedestampede Member Posts: 3
    Can you help me out what I should be offering to the dealer for this
    so I can get the best lease deal possible with no or little money down.

MSRP: $38,880
    Invoice TMV on Edmunds: $36,250
    Zip: 14052
    Tax: 8.75%
    Trade-in: $1500

The dealer was taking $2,278 off msrp to make the 36,500 number, is that right?
    Shouldn't the incentives and rebates come off the agreed upon price?
    I typically feel confident when I lease but i'm a bit rusty... thanks in advance for any help.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    You are right. After you agree on the vehicle sale price all rebates and incentives are taking off that agreed number. Dont let the dealer pull a fast one on you.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Yes thank you, I knew I wasn't crazy.

I'm getting from another dealer what I think is a good deal, but would like some opinions on it from others.

Santa Fe Limited, fully loaded
    MSRP: $38,880
    Agreed price: $35,900
    $1500 trade in, $0 out of pocket.
    Taxes and fees rolled into the monthly.
    $465 @ 36mo.
    23,814 Residual

If I drop a 1k down myself then it goes to $429 @ 36

Good? Bad? jump on it?
  • bmohandasbmohandas Member Posts: 13
    I bought a 2013 Santa fe sport with Tech, leather and pop for 32958 OTD, did i do good?
  • bmohandasbmohandas Member Posts: 13
    Here are the details

MSRP: 34,000

Package: Pop, Leather and Tech

Model: Santa Fe 2.4L AWD

OTD: 32,708 (Hyundai Circle + Loyalty + MOtozuma)
    Picked up the Limited in iron frost, with tech package for $35,800 out the door 36mo lease.
    Shults Hyundai in Jamestown NY were awesome! I did the whole thing via CarWoo over the internet,
    easiest and best experience I've ever had.

loving the Limited with the panaromic sunroof, amazing!
  • roqroq Member Posts: 2
    Seriously considering a 2013 Santa Fe Sport, AWD, 2.0T with Leather/Premium and Tech packages. I live in California.

MSRP according to Hyundaiusa.com is $35905 without any other accessories. What should I expect for an agreed upon price and/or out the door price?

Thanks in advance!
  • gcimangciman Member Posts: 5
    36 Month Lease w/ 12,000 miles per year

MSRP:

$32,205

Discounted Internet Price:

$30,775

Monthly Payment (before tax): $399.00
    Monthly Payment (after taxes):

$426.93

Total Due at Signing:

$531.42

Rate of change = $31/month for every $1,000 down

48 Month Lease w/ 12,000 miles per year

MSRP:

$32,205

Discounted Internet Price:

$30,775

Monthly Payment (before tax): $375.00
    Monthly Payment (after taxes):

$401.42

Total Due at Signing:

$500.62

Rate of change = $31/month for every $1,000 down

This is the quote I got from a dealer in jacsonville fl, is this a fair price?
  • daddygregdaddygreg Member Posts: 1
    Have been looking at the SF Limited FWD with tech package for $33,800 plus tax and fees, $38,025.95 OTD price, in California Not sure if this is decent or not as we just started to shop. Problem is not a lot in stock in the SF Bay Area. Are dealers carrying limited supply because the 2014 is coming or just low on inventory?
  • cccheelcccheel Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Just started doing research for this vehicle. Used Truecar and got a dealer who wants me to come in on a price at $23,139. I don't need any of the extra stuff (is any of it really worth it?).

How would this price be (obviously does not include dealer fees, title, taxes, etc.). I have never used Truecar before. Thanks.
  • cccheelcccheel Member Posts: 2
    Dang. I want that dealership's number!
  • gforce218gforce218 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I'm about to sign this deal on Monday, I just want to make sure it's a good deal. Any input would be appreciated:

2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD Fully Loaded w/ Premium and Tech Packages.

MSRP: $34,300
    Cap Cost: $30,098 (includes loyalty and lease cash)
    12k Miles/36 Months
    Residual: 60%
    Money Factor: .00195
    Payment: $385/month (includes FL sales tax)
    Down: $0

Total Out of Pocket at Signing: $1250 ($865 in fees + $385 first payment)

I didn't sign anything yet since I didn't want to cut a check without first making sure the deal was right so the payment might go up to $399 (tax inclusive) since we "were close" and that was their counter offer before I told them I wanted to think on it until Monday. I realize they may not honor the deal come Monday but at least this gives me an idea of what I should be paying.
  • truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    I am in NC and actively looking, and driving to CLT tomorrow. Can you tell me what dealer in CLT you purchased from?

Thanks!
  • chris916chris916 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a The Santa Fe Limited with FWD and Tech package with the extra little add ons for $33,847 which included the $750 loyalty Rebate. An additional $500 rebate is available if you open up a free Motozuma account.

This came out to about $3500 under MSRP.

Roseville Hyundai

Chris
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Made a nice deal for a 2013 Santa Fe LWB Limited Iron Frost/w black leather interior. The first trade-in offer for my 2012 Tundra was $29,000 and they finally agreed upon $33,000.

The Santa Fe had an MSRP of $36,045 and the deal was done when the dealer offered to sell it to me for $33,400. Nice vehicle.
  • thegeezerthegeezer Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a Sport 2.0 with leather package -- Randall Noe has them advertised at $26,499 (MSRP is about $31,650 - depending on the accessories), and they are tacking on about $300 in documentation and other dealer fees.

OTD is $26,499 + $1670 (tax @6.25%) + 300 = $28,469 (includes carpets, cargo cover, wheel locks).

Sound good? Anyone have a dealer in town (Dallas) they recommend with a good price?

Last question - I have had no luck finding a Sport 2.0 with BOTH packages (leather and tech) - no one seems to have the tech package -- any one else with the same problem?
  • shopthebidshopthebid Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2013 Santa Fe AWD with every option available (leather, tech, panoramic roof, blue link..ect) and while the price we started at was $36K I worked them down to $29K sales price and got the bumper to bumper warranty extended 10yrs and powertrain warranty for LIFE and got 2yrs of regular maintanence free. Based on what i have read in these forums, that deal was smokin. The negotiation was tough but there are tricks and tactics i have picked up over the years that really helped. I would be happy to share my experience.
  • thegeezerthegeezer Member Posts: 5
    That does sound like a "smokin" deal. Was that from a dealer in the DFW area? If so, which dealer?

Hyundai of Dallas advertises a 2.0T Sport with Leather (no tech) for $26,100 BUT to get than price you must be a recent college grad in the military using Hyundai finacing. The cheapest price I have found for a straight cash purchase is $27,150 + 125 for docs / licensing + sales tax = $28,972 (same as you paid - but that does not include the Tech Package).
  • mfurlsmfurls Member Posts: 1
    Please do share your experience! That sounds amazing. I didn't even know it was possible to get powertrain warranty for life...that's crazy.
  • anonymouse2anonymouse2 Member Posts: 17
    He did not get powertrain warranty for life. No dealer can make that commitment on behalf of Hyundai. He is pulling your chain. Do not fall for it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Who said that they committed Hyundai to the warranty? The dealer can certainly make that commitment on their own. We have plenty of local dealers that do that.

It's of dubious value, given the qualifying parameters, but not that uncommon. Another sales tactic is "Tires for life".. Another add-on that isn't worth much (unless you normally replace your tires one at a time).

These are all add-ons that rarely cost the dealer much at all, but seem like they might be of great value. Anything that complicates the deal or obfuscates the value received for price paid is an advantage to the dealer in negotiations.

All if it's harmless, if you just disregard it as having any real present-day value.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cmemscmems Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 31AUG:
    2013 Santa Fe Limited - Black with Saddle Interior - Technology Package
    MSRP: 38,980 (included dealer protection package of 1,580).
    Paid: 34,100 with free car washes for life.

Fairly painless process though I usually prefer to deal with the internet sales department. This was a family owned dealership with moderate volume. Felt like I got a good deal and with comparative brands did better with the Hyundai than I could have done with the others. I traded in a vehicle but now feel like I could have done better on the trade-in value than I actually did. I went back and forth with the salesman / manager six times before getting the final deal. Of course the first number they presented me with was the MSRP and we went from there.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who is in the market right now for a big SUV. If you think you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
  • david5182david5182 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote for Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD with the following options:

-- LEATHER AND PREMIUM PACKAGE FOR SPORT 2.0T AWD
    -- TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE FOR SPORT 2.0T AWD
    -- REMOTE ENGINE START

The price is $33,900 if I finance.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • jk115jk115 Member Posts: 18
    Is it 2WD or AWD? Thank you
  • david5182david5182 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    It is AWD.
  • shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    Anyone getting deals on '14 models?
  • rodistrodist Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2013
    kyfdx@edmunds.com
    In the past Car_man has helped me buy 4 Audi's Hoping you can do the same for me.
    Trying to swing this deal by the end of october.

Oct lease Rates for
    36/12 Residual Money Factor with top tier credit
    39/12 Residual Money Factor with top tier credit

2013 Sante Fe Sport 2.0T AWD
    With leather and premium pkg 05 ad some other small options
    Listing at 34200 selling 31,000

First numbers from Hyundia salesman is 59% residual and a Money Factor of .00129

Thanks for any help you can give me on this deal
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I'm sorry... we don't have the Hyundai lease numbers for October.

But, the dealer can't alter the residual value, and that money factor is very similar to what they were offering last month, so I'd say your salesperson is being upfront...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nizzorenizzore Member Posts: 3
    @Kyfdx do you have November rates for the 2013 2.4 FWD Santa Fe, 3 year/15k/yr lease?
  • djp388djp388 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Santa Fe Sport AWD 2.4L w/ Tech Package.

MSRP: $34,640
    Paid: $29,990

Includes $750 competitor and $500 retail cash. Did not finance through HMF so no finance cash incentive. Also the exterior/interior color combination I wanted had to be driven in from out of state, but this was free.
  • lavalavalavalava Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    I think I just got a GREAT deal. What do you think?

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
    2.4L FWD
    with the popular equipment package
    36 mo / 12k miles
    Taxes/Fees Down - $2,300
    $250/mo

Plaza Hyundai - Brooklyn NY - salesperson : Ronald. Tell him Susan F referred you.

It only took 6 hours at the dealership (still here!) but seems well worth it!
  • ethen1ethen1 Member Posts: 1
    In process of sealing deal now--thoughts??

MSRP is $39,880.
    Negotiated down to $35,643.
    Final OTD is $37,499.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Hyundai Santa Fe, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.
  • lavalavalavalava Member Posts: 4

Just 2 months ago I wrote a glowing review of the dealership and sales rep - Plaza Hyundai (Brooklyn NY) / Ronald Brookes - on this forum. Since then I have had the worst customer experience of my life. I'm at my wit's end. I am not sure who to speak to because NO ONE will get back to me - not even Hyundai USA. It's unreal.

I leased a Hyundai Elantra from Plaza Hyundai in Brooklyn NY in 2010. When my lease was up at the end of last year, I returned to Plaza Hyundai to lease a new car. Prior to that time my Elantra was inspected and I was told I would owe Hyundai Motor Financing $423 in excess wear and tear charges - include over $375 for a scratch "larger than 6 inches" on the bumper. I also was told the engine was dirty. When I went to Plaza Hyundai, I had my sales rep Ronald Brookes look at the scratch - he agreed with me that it wasn't even 2 inches in length. I told him that I would not lease from him unless they took the car back and dealt with this charge. I was 100% clear about this from the very beginning. After 7 hours spent at the dealership I agreed on a lease for a Santa Fe Sport - and I was told they would cover the cost of the Elantra "excess wear & tear". I messed up. I didn't get it in writing. I just assumed since I hadn't yet received a bill it would just be covered when I returned my car to them. I know - naïve. When I received a bill three weeks later from Hyundai Motor Financing for the Excess wear & tear, I called Ronald and told him about it. He denied making the deal with me but said he agreed that the scratch was not 6 inches or more in length and if I sent him the bill he'd see what he could do about it. Over the next week I heard nothing back. I emailed twice and left two voicemails. Finally I wrote an email saying "are you receiving my emails?" Ronald wrote back "Susan I have gotten the messages." Nothing more. I wrote - "are you looking into this?" He said, "call my manager Benny. [and provided a number]" I called. There was no Benny on the voicemail but I left a message anyway. Twice. Never heard back. Then I called the main #. I spoke with Besik Davarashvili. He said he'd look into it. Two weeks passed. Never heard back from him. I left messages for the General Manager. Twice. No call back. I left a message for the customer service department. Never heard back. It's been a month since I first reached out to Ronald. I went to the Hyundai USA website yesterday and wrote an email to them. NOTHING BACK. I can't believe how I'm begin treated! I'm on my SECOND lease with Hyundai - both from this dealership. But apparently my value as a customer is zero. The other day I was having issues with my Bluetooth. I realized that I don't even have someone there I could call for help - because it's clear no one will call me back. The reason I went back to Plaza Hyundai and to a Hyundai in general was so that I could get good customer service and a car that was reliable. I even thought I had great rapport with Ronald and all the folks at Hyundai Plaza and was going to recommend them to everyone I know. I feel like a chump. I truly don't know who else to contact. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

• cmegalodoncmegalodon Member Posts: 3

The Circle of Service

My dealer could not fix a broken seat so I called the Hyundai customer service line. They referred me back to the dealer. The dealer referred me to the customer line.

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

you should see if you can get them on the line at the same time - that would be interesting