Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bronco II

rh1121rh1121 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
I have an 89 Bronco II that idles rough and has a loss of power when the weather gets colder and the moisture hits, live in the Northwest with a lot of rain. The last two springs I had the fuel injectors cleaned and the truck runs like new until the weather gets cold again. I've had the spark plugs and wires along with the fuel filter replaced over the last couple years also. Only getting the fuel injectors cleaned seems to solve the problem at least until the cold weather hits again. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be to totally eliminate this would be appreciated. I don't want to pour money into the truck but I am will to get it running well in order to make it last.

Thanks in advance,
RH

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sounds like some sensor is not giving you the right fuel mixture. Injectors should work warm or cold.
  • dpjgdpjg Member Posts: 1
    I have located a 1987 Ford BroncoII and amm curious does anyone hav any imput as to thier reliability and any know frequent repairs to this models and any recomendations about them.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    ...from ANY Bronco II. They're infamous as the most rollover-prone vehicle of anything other than the late Jeep CJ series.
This discussion has been closed.