Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protegé

Comments

• drandran Member Posts: 7
    hkchan did a good job answering your question but I would add one or two things.

If you don't want the spoiler do what fowler3 did, by the lx 2.0. At the moment you can get the lx 2.0 with a free upgrade to alloys and a free moon roof. If you get abs you will also have 4 wheel disc brakes. Check cars.com. The loaded with alloy wheels lx 2.0 is $15,124.00 invoice. If you make the effort to read back posts you will learn how to by pros for less than invoice.

1. If you don't think the pro is improved you haven't really looked at it. Do more research and take the time to drive it.

2. You can have a pro the way you want, I just outlined how above.

3. Also thoroughly research the other cars you are considering. The sentra has NO back seat room and some styling issues (free cigar with each purchase LOL). The civic has lost content and suspension, plus it doesn't feel nearly as powerful as the specs say it is.

Good luck with your car shopping.
  • hkchanhkchan Member Posts: 420
    That's news to me, but then colored mirrors standard on the ES was news to me too. Where did you see that? Does the diameter of the front rotors get upgraded to 10.2 inches (from 9.3 inches) also? According to maltb and others, the LX2.0 has a softer suspension than the ES.
  • edmund2460edmund2460 Member Posts: 293
    That's exactly what Harrelson Maxda in Charlotte NC (sorry everyone needs to know this) was doing. They used an invoice that included the moonroof price. They are the only ones who tried to pull this on me. I knew something was afoot when it took them several minutes to come up with the invoice (or whatever it is). DID THEY DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL? I would like to report it if they did. I returned home, called another dealer (see my other post) who I found to be the only one willing to work with me and within a minute they quoted 15,599 for Auto/Snfrf. It was brand new with 3 miles on odo. Today I am the proud owner of a light sand mica Pro, I drove 100 miles to get it. I was very pleased with the drive home. I don't think I care for the red dash lighting other than that it's the best bang for your buck in wheels. Yes the Prem Pkg is hard to find and the dealers around here mostly don't want to take the time. I myself called nearly every dealer in a 150 mile radius. I found one, but it was loaded with other options (enhanced radio) I didn't want to pay for. I can do without ABS/SAB I guess.
    I hope I can recommend the above dealer without breaking any chat rules. I spent two frustrating weeks trying to find a PRO with Prem pkg. and they were the only ones willing to hustle and find one. They gave me the right price over the phone (didn't fudge like some others) were courteous and showd willingness to earn my business even though it was the S plan. The others never called back when I asked them to try to find me one.

When I gave up on my quest for the prem pkg, I called them and bought an Auto.snrf over the phone, drove 100 miles to pick it up. They are a Presidential club dealer and deserve it. If you are in the area I recommend them. Ask for salesman Keith Ray. Finally I think this room did me a great service for ciruclating info on the S plan and prices. Thanks very much
    Congratulations!
    Just curious. Does yours have the newly-available colored outside mirrors?
  • unmarkedcarunmarkedcar Member Posts: 162
    I checked motorweeks website, and they do not have the protege listed on any shows. Where did you see or hear this? It may have been a re-run that you saw.
  • fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Parks Mazda is where I bought my 2001 Pro LX 2.0. They are very good to deal with. One thing I liked about them -- no dealer installed options on the car -- it’s your option if you want something added. My deposit went for the cassette player and it’s a good auto-reverse model. They do put pinstripes on the cars, but don’t charge for them. You can remove them or have them do it. Honda dealers charge $99 for pinstripes...expensive Scotch tape.

fowler3
  • snagy1snagy1 Member Posts: 55
    just joined and welcome all the great comments about pro. am having 3 different dealers locate silver es with perm and auto for me. father works for ford so I can get s-plan. I am keeping my fingers crossed based on the tough time some are having getting the silver color. locally cleveland, Ohio, we have black and white ones on lots but really need silver. ps, what could i expect with highway mpg ?
  • hboydhboyd Member Posts: 98
    I average about 27-28 MPG on my '01 auto 2.0ES in mixed city/highway (bumper-to-bumper usually) driving; I do short hops around town for my job, BTW; Very good overall !!!! I had a '95 1.8ES manual that got about 29-30 mixed in this same driving pattern :))) Now I have a less cramped left leg and a bigger smile on my face :))

Aside from a minor, morning exhaust system buzz (goes away in 1 minute), my car has been problem-free at 4000 miles. Dealer will attempt to fix this issue again on next oil-change ("free" on this visit to make-up for their goof). :)))

I see very few '01 Proteges in LA!! I have only spotted about 5 total... green, black, and white...

BTW.... I LIKE the A-pillar-mounted steel antenna; easy to retract quickly, strong, cheap-to- replace, and provides excellent radio reception!!!!! I've never had a problem with one in all three Mazdas owned. :)))

BTW... I like the standard spoiler on the '01 ES because it DOES add a "measure" of safety to the car!!! The bright LED brake-light built into the unit lights up almost a second faster than the regular incadescent bulb fixtures. It could potentially prevent a rear-end collision or limit its severity.

MARTIN
    I just got back from Parks Mazda and they have a couple 2001 Protegé LX 2.0L’s WITH 15” alloy wheels and an moonroof AND painted mirrors! Sticker price is $17,330 with AT, AC, alloys, moonroof -- NO charge for painted mirrors. A $1,100 discount for alloys and moonroof. $480 delivery charge added brings the sticker price to $16,230. The alloys are $400 on the sticker, they are 4-lug with Bridgestones 195/55R15’s.

Best looking alloys I have seen!! Thicker spokes than before.

They also have a Protege5 in Black Mica, AT, AC, luggage rack -- sticker price is $16,695. It looks a lot better in the “flesh” (sheet metal) than in photos, although I wouldn’t care for all-black. It was really HOT close to it.

They also have an Emerald Green ES with painted mirrors and moonroof. Forgot to look to see if it is AT or manual. Those painted mirrors are not like the black plastic ones, the finish is smooth just like the painted sheet metal. They are the same size as the plastic ones but look larger.

fowler3
    HKC: Yes I have CK3 Colored outside mirrors no charge. Also wanted to repeat my question about Harrelson trying to palm an old invoice off on me. I don't remember if their sticker had the moonroof discount (MSRP $700) like mine does. Did Mazda start the moonroof discount late in the year? If so, don't they have a responsibility to correct their invoice or something.
    Fowler: Glad to hear that you agree on Parks. I have the pin stripes no charge and you are right, I've seen charges higher than $40 at other dealers. Actually Parks is doing what every good dealer ought to do. These short sighted dealers around here have no idea what reinforcement means. I'm already saying to myself 'when my 93 Sable dies, perhaps in a few years I'll go down there and get a Millennia...'
  • stevewpsistevewpsi Member Posts: 7
    I own a new 2001 Protege ES (HKCHAN please respond as you know a good deal about Proteges). Does anyone know when I should get my first oil filter change. The manual says at 4,000 miles. The dealer told me at the first 1,000 miles then every 3,000 miles thererafter. I was planning to get my first oil filter change at 3,000 miles. I cuurently have a little over 1,000 miles. Also, if I have my oil change at a place other then the authorized Mazda dealer, does that void the warranty. Finally, does anyone know if Mazdas can be brought to the authorized Ford dealer for warranty related work. The Ford service department is much closer to my house than the Mazda dealership and Ford does own Mazda. I would appreciate if anyone could respond. Thank you.
  • newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    I don't know why you would want to change the filter and not the oil. If it was my car, I would just get them both changed at the same time. They cannot void your warranty if you get the oil changed somewhere besides the Mazda dealer, just keep your receipts. If you do it yourself (I would, it is super easy, and I trust myself more than anyone else), keep the receipts for the oil and filter. I don't know if you can bring the Protoge to the Ford dealer for warranty work. I suppose it depends on what you want to have done. The Ford dealer can do the oil changes because it is the same engine as the 4 cyl. Probe, but the rest of the car is different. I would just take it to the Mazda dealer. By the way, I wish my car had the body colored mirrors, that makes me mad. Oh well, at least I got the 0% financing. I could have waited for the mirrors, but I wouldn't have gotten the financing deal. I wonder how much those mirrors would cost to buy. Anyone have any ideas?
    You'll get different answers on oil change intervals even from knowlegeble people. This is just my opinion. I'll go with up to 7,500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first, if you drive mostly on the freeways and as low as 3,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first, if you do mostly stop-and-go, drive in dusty conditions, etc. (Actually Mazda recommends 5,000 miles or 4 months. See schedule maintenance under Schedule 2).
    You can get the oil change from any "reputable" outfit.
    You need maltb to answer the last one.
    Mazda started the moonroof discount around 5/3/01.
    With a new car I would definately take it to a Mazda dealer for warrenty service. How many Protegés do you think a Ford dealer services in a year? Very rarely probably, unless they take one in trade on a Focus. Ford dosen’t own all of Mazda, just a percentage, I think it is 30%, may be less.

You can get oil/filter changes at gas stations, just save the receipts. But take the same kind of oil used regularly with you, unless you are changing to another brand.

After the warrenty is out you can get your Protegé serviced anywhere. Some cities have garages that specialize in certain cars. There is one here in Greensboro that services Mazdas, but I wouldn’t take my car there now, may never take it there.

I keep thinking about that black Protegé5 I saw today.After seeing pictures of yellow ones for so long the black one looks like a hearse for midgets. ;)

fowler3
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    First P5: I saw my first P5 the other day, and it was so much like my 2001 ES, that I am not sorry I did not wait. :) The cargo hold is not alot more either, at least to me. Still looks very hot though.

New features: I went to the place in Md. where I got my car (Schafer & Strominger on Joppa Rd.) and they have 2 ESs now. One silver, one sandrift. Both have the color-keyed mirrors too, which I wish I had (of course my car is black, so it wouldn't make alot of difference in appearance).

Brake problem: Fowler, I notice my 2001 Protege creeps alot more than my 1999 DX did. It must be the increased torque. Keep your foot on that pedal at all times, because it does move a little on you. :)

Reliability: Someone asked about the 3rd generation Protege's reliability. I am on my second Protege now. I had a 1999 DX which I traded with 37,364 miles, simply because I was hurting for an ES. :) It was a great car, only in the shop 2 times. Once for a CD player that didn't wanna gimme back my disc, and another time for an automatic tranny that had sloppy 2-3 shifting. There was no problem found with either thing, but the car never had trouble with it in the time that I owned it. I dogged the car too, flooring the pedal and hitting the brakes left and right. Proteges are definitely good cars and last a long time, and also can take a beating. :)

ZOOM ZOOM! :)
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Sorry, your Ford dealer cannot do your Mazda warranty work for you. Mazda is 33.4% Ford, but their marketing operations(read: dealer channels) are totally separate. Besides, as fowler said, your local Ford dealer has less experience with the car, not to mention no manuals, diagnostic tools and parts specifically for the car.

Amen to all the other posts.

:)
  • hollenhorst2hollenhorst2 Member Posts: 51
    I bought my Protege ES with moonroof on May 8, before the discount actually showed up on the stickers and invoices (I'm not sure exactly when it did start showing up). However, I knew about the moonroof discount and was quick to mention it, and the dealer had no problem giving it to me. I'm really not sure what would've happened had I not said something. At any rate, that situation you ran into is just another reminder to go into the dealership knowing as much as possible about the car, prices, etc. Thanks to the internet in general and this board in particular for helping me out on my purchase!

I've only got about 800 miles on my ES, but so far absolutely no problems. I love how the car handles, and I really enjoy driving it. No squeaks or rattles- it seems solid as a rock for a small car.The ride is definitely a tad firm but it's well worth the tradeoff for the handling you get. There is a little engine noise until you get up to speed but it's not significant or bothersome. It's probably just me but about the only "complaint" I might have (and this may be due more to the less accurate steering I've previously been used to), is that the steering is so precise that sometimes it feels a little twitchy when driving fast and making fine steering adjustments. I think in time I'll learn to get the feel for it.

I've got the auto trans which is certainly adequate, but I definitely feel to get the most out of the engine, the 5 speed would be the way to go. For the most part, the auto does a good job up and downshifting, but at times it seems to hesitate a little kicking down into first or second after depressing the throttle. However, I've sort of been babying it a bit during the break in period, so I would expect it to be more responsive if I were to floor it.

The 4 wheel disc brakes are superb.
  • sfratsfrat Member Posts: 208
    I was in getting my oil and filter changed on Saturday, and Russel had a (midnight?) blue, looked pretty much loaded, I think the total sticker was 19,2. Very nice looking, although I agree with Vocus, I expected the trunk to be bigger.

As for the mirrors, I suppose they could swap them out if you were willing to pay. I was actually thinking that maybe the body shop could paint them. First though, I'm getting mud guards and window tints.
  • rnd2rnd2 Member Posts: 31
    some dealers sell both ford and mazda, two dealers in my area sell and service ford and mazda
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    How is your Protege doing?

-Larry
  • protegenicprotegenic Member Posts: 199
    I was sadder than usual to see the weekend come to an end. Saturday we had our neighborhood tennis tournament and I was fortunate enough to win one of the brackets. My prize was a day at the BMW performance driving school in SC! Hopefully I will learn enough to get some more zoom zoom out of my little gem.

Sunday I drove into the north Georgia mountains. Why can't my commute be like that each day! Lots of tight S-curves, many of which are banked to boot. I was grinning ear to ear the whole way while my brother held on tight. The only people to pass me were those on cycles, who I have decided have a death wish! Too bad it stormed so I wasn't able to do the same on the way back home.
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    Sounds like an awesome weekend, my friend! If you are available, I think Anna Kournikova is looking for a coach! ;-)

-Larry
  • nematodenematode Member Posts: 448
    Protege ES 2.0 (auto).....30.1 mpg!!!!!

My daily commute is 80-90% highway and I did
    1 flat land blast to......lets just say somewhere in the three digits. I used cruise control as much as I could at 65mph. I want to be the Protege ES 2.0 (auto) gas mileage king.

Could this be the best commuter car to date in the price range?
  • lgblgb Member Posts: 30
    Can anyone recommend a good Mazda servicing dealer in the South/east or north Orange county area? My old dealer has disappeared and the two that I've used for oil changes are adjuncts to Ford/Lincoln dealers. My car came from south OC/ Macpherson, which is a little far for servicing. Thanks in advance.
    I called that Mazda sales mgr and told him I was not a sucker that he could sell a moonroof to for $600 when Mazda had discounted it. He's either ignorant about what he is selling in which case he ought to be fired or he was trying to lay one on me. He hung up on me.

Anyway I enjoy my 250mile Auto Sand Mica. You have ABS and I don't. I expect the braking is tighter even in normal circumstances with ABS? There is some wind noise around the window. I don't think it's a bad seal,it's aerodynamics. It's a little more than my 93 Sable but not as bad as my 82 Jetta Diesel in which you can't hear the radio unless you turn it up. I'm babying it too, I think you guys got me spooked about properly breaking a car in. My wife is getting a little impatient with out sub speed-limit outings. I did whip it into a few curves faster than I normally would and loved the way the Pro took it.
    Maybe we can form a user group (like computer software) and Mazda will incorporate our list of changes in the next model ES. I vote for (1) Change the dash lighting from that red to something else, it's a tad garish for me, tho' I can live with it if I have to (2) Improve the seats again with a little more thigh support, make it a little longer even if it uses some space. (3) add remote trunk unlocking on the key (4) Spoiler is an options (others asked for this too).
    Finally Customer Assistance is always busy or you are on hold. I was calling for info, but wondered if I could get them on the phone if I had a problem. Also can they please change the 'hold music' at customer assistance from something other than that 'Zoom Zoom Zoom' song played ad nauseum. Some of the guys buying their cars are old geezers like me.
  • mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    It's manual (fewer problems than a power antenna), is easy to access and operate (unlike the Toyota Corolla's, which seems to have a lot of friction) and gives good reception (have you measured how long it is?). Its position also doesn't obscure my field of vision. And it's easy to replace if someone is nasty enough to yank it out and mangle it.

I'm not fond of fixed antennas (they seem to catch everything) or power ones (they seem to bind often and get stuck in some lame half-mast position).
    The luxury of a power antenna with the gentle hum of the motor is lost when it hits bottom with a loud tiny THUNK! Most mounted on rear fenders do this. I prefer a fixed antenna.

The antenna mounted on the A pillar is probably there because it uses the car’s roof as a ground plane. Some radio signals are received directly along with reflected signals from a ground plane, providing better reception when far from the stations.

Put some silicone lubricant on the mast so you can raise and lower it by opening the window and reaching out. Another advantage of this style antenna.

(1) I would like cruise control buttons like ones found on other cars; rather than the stalk-style. (2) Larger outside rear-view mirrors.(3) Twist-type windshield wiper controls that work like the lights control on the left.(4) Top of windshield tinting. (5) A leather trim option. (6) And an alloy wheels option, post-purchase, with Mazda logos.(7) Higher quality carpeting and mats.(8) Courtesy lights in the lower door panels for getting out at night.

Have you noticed that the dome light is dimmer when the doors are closed, but when you open one the light gets brighter. It isn’t the window tinting. Open the rear door and press the black rubber button near the seat. ;)

fowler3
  • ak47kaak47ka Member Posts: 2
    I am considering buying a 2001 LX 2.0, 5 speed. I can get the S plan, but can anyone who has this car let me know what they paid. And what exactly is the S plan? Do dealers have a set amount they can take off? Anyway, I test drove the car today and liked it better than the Corolla, Tiburon and even the Civic, plus the 4.9% for 60 mon is great. I have had a GLC, which was really old but ran and now I have a '92 626 with 173,000 miles. (Anyone want to but it?)
    I have been researching the Protege and haven't found many complaints. So, for anyone that reads this, if you have had any problems with the car I would like to know. Thanks!
    I think that’s the problem with Mazda’s advertising on TV, in magazines, and on their web site -- the cars are not shown clearly, as the Protegé5 IS on the new commercial. It’s as if they are trying to keep them secret.

The Mazda web site is the ugliest I have seen for a car manufacturer, very depressing colors. The others use a white background and brighter colors. Far more cheerful.

And wouldn’t it be cool PR if Mazda included a CD with every new Protegé with the Zoom Zoom song; a “Welcome to Mazda” message; and more music to play.

Mazda, are you reading this?

fowler3
    You may also want to test drive the ES. Go to Edmunds or kbb.com and equip the car the way you want (which may or may not be what Mazda has in mind) and take about 1.2% off the invoice not including the freight ($480). That should be close to the S-Plan price. If you take the 4.9% financing, I believe you won't get the $500 rebate. There's a free moonroof promotion. Not sure if you get an additional $500 if your car doesn't have the moonroof. Tell us the exact car you want and maybe someone would be able to help you.
  • ak47kaak47ka Member Posts: 2
    If I don't take the 4.9% I would get $1000 back, but with it only $500, which is still decent. If I get the moonroof I don't even get the $500. I just graduated from college and I think I could live without the moonroof for $500. They have an emerald 5-speed, LX 2.0 without the moonroof and spoiler. Thats the car I want but I want the spoiler. Roughly what should the dealer charge to install it?
    I have no idea how much a dealer would charge for a dealer-installed rear spoiler. They're free to charge whatever they want. You just need to negotiate from the inflated price. The invoice on a distributor-installed one is $246. Mazdastuff.com wants $279 plus shipping for the part. Your local dealer' parts department should charge more than that. You "just" need to drill four holes and attach four screws. Have no idea about the wiring to the LED brake light. What region are you in? You know you should be able to get the additional $400 college grad. rebate, right?
  • hollenhorst2hollenhorst2 Member Posts: 51
    I drove an ES w/o ABS before I bought mine and I really feel the ones w/o ABS were just as good and tight as mine, of course the only difference being the ones w/o ABS will be much more likely to lock up on a sudden hard braking maneuver.

I totally agree with your suggested changes regarding the dash lighting and trunk opening button on the key fob. I find the seats quite comfortable as is, although I'm not that tall.
    I would like a remote button on the key fob for opening the trunk, a standard theft deterrent system, and cruise control buttons instead of the stalk (it gets in my way all the time). I would also like heated mirrors and traction control to at least be options. Otherwise, I am very happy with my purchase.

ZOOM ZOOM! :)
    i got my car back from the body shop 2 weeks ago, looks good you can't tell it was ever keyed, now my car is in a different body shop getting the correct spoiler put on it, i got the dealer to give me a spoiler to close the deal when i got my car, but the dealer had someone else do the spoiler ( they are pros they can do a better job ) this is what my dealer told me, well they put on this this 3 prong aftermarket spoiler that looks like crap! after raising lots hell and telling them they will get a big fat-0-on the raiting they agreed to put on the correct spoiler, (raising hell didn't get it done it was only days later when i told them they would would get a-0- they agreed to replace the spoiler,i get my car back today it's been gone for a week, i can't wait i wan't to drive it baddly
    this car needs real delay wipers
    we are asking for it wouldn’t suprise me if the Protegé price shot up to the 626’s!

fowler3
    To add delay wipers, the traction control option, new cruise buttons (preferably from the P5, the theft system as standard, and the remote button on the key fob wouldn't add alot to the sticker. TRAC would be an option of course (about $200), the other stuff would probably increase the price about $300 or so. I would be willing to pay that much more for the stuff we asked for.

I noticed another deep scratch on my car, on the right side this time. At the very edge of the front bumper just ahead of the front right tire, it looks like someone hit it. I don't know how that is possible, but it looks as if someone hit it there. I am so mad! I need to move out of the city badly!
  • peregrine_11peregrine_11 Member Posts: 27
    HAH! Fowler3, I have to tell you, I had the same idea about a Mazda CD about three months ago when I was thinking about ordering my Pro! I told all my friends and they thought it was a great idea.

What a super marketing tactic, eh? Have this fresh CD waiting in every new Mazda so the first sound a new owner hears reinforces the Mazda brand image.

Unfortunately, VW has beaten everyone to the punch...they're offering a CD of all their advertising songs on their website for $10.

Oh well...Mazda's never been a marketing innovator. They save their innovation energy for the actual cars, thank goodness. I'm actually fine with Mazdas being under the radar of most buyers--makes it easier for smart buyers like us to negotiate sweet deals on sweet cars.
  • cpaulyeecpaulyee Member Posts: 19
    I like all those wish list changes, if Mazda listens it will make what already is a great car even better. But since we are wishing, how about one more item, move the ignition switch to the dash. Even with the thoughtful lighting, did anyone ever fumble trying to stick the key in?
  • texbeantexbean Member Posts: 38
    Does anyone know if the 2002's are going to be starting in Sept/Oct, or late like the 2001's? It seems like the dealers here in Dallas ordered a lot of 2001's, and are not going to get anything new in (looking for LX 2.0 w/Prem Pkg) for awhile. Thinking of ordering one like I want, if that's even possible (anyone know how long it normally takes?). Didn't want to order a 2001 if the 2002's are going to start production in a few months.

Thanks.

Larry
    Don't know if someone else responded. But the S plan for ES/Auto/Prem Pkg has been well established here at 16,267 minus 500 rebate. Anything less than that or different, I guess you can probably figure by adding and subtracting invoice prices depending on what u add/subtract. You get on S by joining the Ford partner program (for a fee I guess). I got mine thro' my company's purchasing dept. (we buy pool cars). It's important to know the rebates and that the moonroof is free. I have had dealers try to take advantage and charge me for that. Also you may find that dealers are unwilling to seel at S plan prices.
    I thought the power windows were one touch (perhaps on the driver's side at least). Why do I have to hold the button all the way?

Also is anyone using synthetic? and what kind? any AMSOIL users? Can anyone advise as whether this is preferable, I've never used synthetic. My cars usually have had other problems that caused me to get rid of it before the engine had any problems.
    The driver's power window is one-touch down. Try pressing it past the initial detent.
  • notminehersnotminehers Member Posts: 42
    Everyone seems curious about MPG - just turned 4k on our '01 ES 5-speed. Averaging a very steady 33 miles per gallon / 75% highway speeds 55-75 mph. We are very pleased with this so far!! No complaints in any area - solid as a rock - no squeaks or rattles. A buddy of mine is an Audi fanatic and has an A4....he took a drive with me in the PRO and was very impressed - he asked, how much did you pay for this?? He couldnt believe how solid and refined for a 16 grand car.
    Later all - Greg
    In building cars, they build to sell at a price-point. Even though many buyers will say, “Why didn’t they put in variable windshield wipers?” the fact is, if Mazda builds 200,000 units and adds an item that costs them $15 each, that’s $3,000,000 that wasn’t figured in the price-point. And probably why they used the old-fashioned stalk for the cruise control. It came from some supplier’s parts bin at a cheap price to Mazda.

fowler3