Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Prelude 1997-2002

Comments

• 19491949 Member Posts: 59
    You may be right about the TSB only being a band-aid, with the rattle eventually returning. If I was going to keep my Prelude, I guess I'd probably visit Eibach or Neuspeed and replace the OEM parts with something good. Prelude Performance Page is a good start.
    jkidd2...have you visited Temple of Vtec?..there's some info there on the headliner/sunvisor ticking.
  • shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    I have a 99 base that has the same rear suspension noise since last winter (It is OK now since it is like 90F in Texas). I was trying to fix it and know there is a TSB, but I heard that a lot of guys went to Honda dealer for this. After some hassle, they got it fixed under warranty and after about a month, it comes back again. Some even tried to put something else to fix it with no success. So, they changed to Quaife LSD to fix that problem.

This give me a image that there might be some solutions to this, but since it is just some noise and won't do any harm to the CAR, so I will just live with it for like 1-2 month/year(for my case in Texas that is.)

jkidd2:
    Since you are in Houston, it might just be the weather become warm, just wait until next 50 or below day and see, although I hope it is fixed for you. Just let us know!
  • jkidd2jkidd2 Member Posts: 218
    Well there is a cold front coming into town tonight! Supposed to have record cold! The mid-50's!

Every time I drive the Prelude, I am like a man obsessed with trying to find where all the rattles are coming from. My blood pressure rises the minute I start the engine.

I really haven't heard the rear "thunk" since I had the coil fixed. By the way, my Honda dealer gave me NO BS @ all, when I took it in. I just showed him the TSB and that was it. I have a really good dealer to work with, unlike what I hear other folks say about Honda dealers.

I spent about 30 minutes in the Temple of VTEC yesterday. Didn't find anything on the headliner/sunvisor problem. Of course, that is not the easiest site to move around in or search in either.
    jkidd2....sorry about the TOVtec referral. I went back and found that the website author has a list of owner complaints with TSB that addresses the problem. He acknowledges that owners have complained about headliner tick, but does not refer to a TSB. He says that dealer(s) state problem is due to improper curing of glue/cement used when installing headliner at factory. The fix has been local with most dealers reinstalling headliner using a different adhesive.
    I'm in San Antonio and Gillman Honda is my dealer here..they're great. Is that the same Gillman that's in Houston? We also have Benson Honda, but they suck because they're part of a bigger Chevy dealership which has that arrogant GM attitude towards customers. BTW, what's up with that Chilean flag you display by your handle? Yeah, yeah, I know, it looks like a Texas flag. Put your pointer over the flag for a moment and it says "Chile". Hmmmmmmmmm.......
    Yeah, I just use that flag cuz it looks like the Texas flag....part of my succession thing!

I bought my Prelude from John Eagle Honda. I've purchased a couple of Honda's from them. They are great. Free loaner, they always make room for me if I need service quick. Purchase was easy with no BS, they call you after you bring your car in to make sure that your happy with the service and, the best part is they sponsor "Race-days" @ a local drag strip where you can race your Honda against other Honda's or the clock.

There is a Gillman Honda in Houston, but I never have been to them. Goodson Spring-Branch Honda SUCKS! I bought my CRX there. Poor customer service and their service department, especially the mechanics need to go to a manners class or something....I quit taking my CRX there and started with Eagle...like night and day. I cry a tear every day for trading my CRX in for the Lude.

I still would like to know why Honda chose a plastic headliner on a $25k car? The Accord and even the Civic have cloth headliners!

Have a good evening!
    Honda took alot of heat from automotive writers when they dropped the CRX. If you recall, back in 1989/1990 that car always got rave reviews from writers/reviewers/owners. The Civic grew a bit after that, but I think Honda could've somehow kept a version of that car alive. Back in '89 while shopping for a new car, it came down to a
    90 Mustang 5.0, Mazda MX6 or the CRX Si. All were priced between 11k-12.5k. I went with the MX6 and it turned out to be the best car I've ever owned. Always wondered about the CRX Si, though. It wasn't until later that I realized how special it was. It was only on my list because I was impressed with its looks and the appearance of the engine. I think Honda made the same mistake nowadays by dropping the Civic Si last year.
    I think the 'Lude may be on its way out soon with the introduction of the new numerically designated Integra replacement.
    About that plastic headliner....I actually like it over the mouse fur headliner. It feels good and is easy to clean. A couple of weeks ago we had a hailstorm. When I went into the grocery store there was no hint of an impending rainstorm. I left my sunroof open...when I came outside it was raining w/hail and the inside of my car was being pelted with hailstones...I said
    to myself at that moment...F#@k!! and ran towards the car with my grocery cart and quickly closed the sunroof and headed for covered shelter. I wiped the headliner, console/shifter with a towel and all was well. Another tender moment to remember with my Prelude.
    1949...we apparently have similar tastes in cars...I liked the old MX6 too. Remember the MX3? That was Mazda's take on the CRX. Don't see too many of them around now days. Nissan had one too, but I can't recall the name of it. I had a friend with one and all I remember was that it was a piece of sh--.

I think by the time Honda killed off the CRX as we knew it...I think that was in '92, CRX's were not selling that well. I think Honda made a big mistake by killing off the Civic Si too. They are bringing it back for 2002 in hatch form, which I think is very good news, but I'd still like to see a 2 seater updated CRX reappear. Teenage boys would knock each other down to buy them. I'm sure of it. The new Civic coupe leaves alot to be desired, if you ask me. From the rear, I don't think it could be any more generic looking. Its like they copied the Mitsu Mirage, which to me is the most invisible car on the road these days.

We do get more than our share of hail in the Lone Star State it seems. I am in sheer panic when I see a storm building and I can't find shelter for my cars! I garage the Prelude and the Crew Cab, but my poor Grand Am has been moved to the driveway, since the Crew joined the family. I have covered parking @ work too, so thankfully, I have been spared hail damage.

Just this evening I went for a walk and got to talking with a neighbor. He was waxing his '00 Mazda 626 and I stopped by to say hello. We started talking about his car and then I looked and noticed it has major hail damage. Said he was waxing it up to sell. Took it to CarMax and they offered him pittance due to the damage, so he's gonna try to sell it himself.

I got caught in a hail storm driving to work one morning in the Prelude and I drove it up on a curb (dumb, but I was desperate) and up an overpass embankment (you know where people hide during tornado's!) because that was the only place left...every one was trying to fit their car under the bridge.

Another time, I ran out of a Target and it was hailing. I had the CRX @ the time. I literally ran out and laid on the hood, trying to keep it from pelting my poor car. I had bruises all over my back for a week after that. People were looking @ me like I was a nut. True love does crazy things to us men who love their cars! I did have to take it in to dent wizard for roof repair after that one though.
  • pete4791pete4791 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a base Prelude, nothing alder than '97. I know a lot of people would scratch their heads for me saying this, but I prefer the automatic over the stick. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Pete
    I agree, as much as I enjoy shifting in my Prelude, it becomes a hassle for me in heavy traffic, which is about all I get to drive in. Good luck on your search for a used Lude. I would suspect you could probably get some really good deals on new ones, since they are slow sellers and I believe are on the verge of extinction.
  • ineto6ineto6 Member Posts: 161
    I believe Nissan's version of the CRX was the NX1600 and NX2000. They were strange looking - the Nissan Sentra SE-R was and will be much better overall. The Mazda MX-3 with a 1.8L V-6 was loud on the highway.
    Pete4791...good luck on finding a used '97. I'm in San Antonio and rarely see used 5gen 'Ludes for sale. Try AutoTrader.Com...shame on you!! No self-respecting auto-enthusiast should ever be caught dead driving an auto.(no flaming, please).
    Ineto6....Right!! It was the NX2000..isn't that the one that had the hatch that came with a tent you could attach to it?

Jkidd...Yeah, I remember the MX3 with the tiny V6. Used to see alot of them on the road here .

BTW, don't you think the new Honda Hybrid looks alot like the CRX Si. It even has that see-thru lower portion of the rear hatch on it. I saw a bright green one on the road the other day.
    Is your CrewCab a Frontier? I went to Nissan and was checking out a SuperCharged Frontier CrewCab. How's the performance on your Frontier?
    GrandAm?? That's a workhorse by Pontiac..we have one at work that's a US Govt "company car". That car can take anybody's crap and keeps on ticking.
    LOL...just loved your story about the CRX outside of Target. Reminds me of the Honda commercial where this guy comes out of the store and sees a bird in the sky doing a kamikaze dive towards his Honda Civic...and the guy makes a mad dash and lands on his hood to protect it from the falling birds--t.
    Has anyone on this thread done any mods to their 'Lude like intake/exhaust, NOS, engine tweaks or springs/lowering?
    Yeah, the Insight is cool. I just don't like the rear wheel skirts. I know they are there to reduce drag, but they sure are ugly.

Put some bigger, thicker wheels/tires on it, stick a VTEC under the hood and take off the skirts and its instant updated CRX!

My CC is a Frontier. I debated getting the SC version, but when I saw that it requires premium fuel, I decided against it. The Lude already eats premium, as you know. Its just too expensive and the Crew eats gas....I'd call the my SE's power, "adequate". That's all. I love it so far.

I get alot of crap from people over the Grand Am, but I love it. It's probably my favorite of the current group. Your exactly right, I drive the hell out of it and nothing ever goes wrong. It gets good mileage, its got a rather frisky (yet thrashy sounding) engine and torque. Its comfortable and even I am surprised with its overall quality. I have 36k miles on it. The Lude has just a little over 12k miles on it and the GA has less rattles! It's certainly not an exciting car....but its an awfully good appliance.
  • little_buddylittle_buddy Member Posts: 8
    Not to change the subject or anything on you guys, but what kind of music do you use to cruise?
    Hmmmm... I don't know much about the Nissan NX except that it was an interesting looking car - the headlights. I usually saw them in yellow, but I have not seen one in years now. It has a good engine that has been used in the Infiniti G20.

I saw a recent generation Prelude with modified taillights - pretty nice looking. Three round lights in a clear casing for each side.
    I've seen those rear lights too. I hate clear taillights, but these looked pretty good. I've seen similar ones on an Integra that didn't look so bad either....they have the "jeweled" effect going on too.
    Okay...so you want to know what we listen to? Well, I don't have a preference, but while "cruising" after a healthy workout on a Saturday, I'll listen to SnoopDogg ("Lay Low" is my favorite on the Last Meal CD). I also like Dance Music and some Oldies from my teen years (the 60s). Yep, even a little "On The Road Again" by Willie Nelson while cruising on IH35 to Austin!!
  • cgr45cgr45 Member Posts: 36
    How's everyone doing? Well, the Prelude was never found. God knows were it is. Well, after wrestling with the idea of buy another Prelude I've decide to buy a Celica GT-S. That was my intention a week ago.

The insurance on the GT-S was going to be about $600 cheaper and the car is about $2-3,000 cheaper. I went to about 6 dealers. I don't know with one was the bigger ***hole. The stuff that they try to pull on me was not even funny. To make the long story short, I'm picking up my brand new 2001 SH in Silver Satin on Tuesday!!!
    I pray to God that I have better luck with this one. Having my Prelude stolen has been one of the worse experiences of my life. I don't wish that upon anybody. Is very frustrating.

I'm having an alarm along with a kill switch install that same day. I already order an autolock. People swear by those things. Are they really that good? I also bought the new Master Lock steering wheel lock. My friends think I'm going to the extreme. That maybe true but, be in my shoes and then get back to me.

Well guys wish me luck!!!!
    The GT-S was a good choice...it's an awesome little car to compete with a GS-R or Civic Si, but Prelude is still king of the road in this class right out of the box with no mods. Mine is base, so let us know how the ATTS works in the SH.
    Also, what is the MasterLock steering wheel lock you mentioned. I'm only familiar with the Club. I hear ya about the ***holes at Toyota dealerships. I've been there recently and yes, it is unreal the crap they try to pull on you. They treat you like some moron that knows nothing about cars.
    BTW, good choice on the color..it fits the 'Lude perfectly. Enjoy and be safe!!
  • kmaximkmaxim Member Posts: 6
    Just bought my second Prelude-previously had a
    90 model that was a fabulous vehicle during the
    entire 11 years I owned it. Have a question I'd
    like to throw out to everyone. My new Prelude
    has the pearl white paint. When I purchased it
    2 weeks ago it was a little dirty, but I told
    the salesperson that I'd wash it myself at home.
    After washing it I noticed some light gray
    "streaks" on the back bumper and a few on the
    front bumper that were not dirt. Don't know what
    it could be. You don't really notice it until
    you get right on the car, but it bugs me just
    the same. Have not called the dealership. Thought
    maybe I'd call American Honda and ask them first.
    This is nowhere else on the car but the back and
    front bumpers. (all along the back and just a
    touch on the front) Any ideas what it could be?
    Also, all my previous vehicles were 5 speeds and
    I decided on an automatic this time so maybe this
    is normal, but every time I put the transmission
    in drive, it makes a slight "revving" noise as
    I start to drive off-every time. What is this??
    Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • revdrluvrevdrluv Member Posts: 417
    I have found that when I go to the dealer I seem to know a whole lot more about their cars than they do. One told my brother the other day that the focus ZX3 had 200 hp. LOL Are they required to know anything? The only exception to this was this guy at the subaru dealership. He was as much of a car nut as I am. He had a whole file of things collected and printed from the internet and magazines about his cars. Whats funny is I had all the same research.
  • asethiasethi Member Posts: 76
    congrats on your new car. Do yourself a favor and go thru previous posts - you'll find tons of useful stuff that you'd want to know. As for your questions of now, the "revving" sound as you start driving is the ABS self-test, so don't worry about it. About the streaks, talk to the dealer and try if they can take care of it. If not, try to describe them a little better (is the surface smooth or seems stretched or damaged, etc?) and maybe someone here can give you some ideas. Have fun!
    Congrats on your new Prelude man. Hopefully things will go better with this one than the last one. I just picked mine up Friday. OH MY GOODNESS... what a car. Its fast, nimble, comfortable, beautiful, sharp... I could probably go on forever. I couldn't have chosen a better car.
    Thanks asethi, you eased my mind about the
    revving sound. Now that I think about it, my
    90 Prelude made a similar but louder sound
    but not all the time. 1990 was the first year
    for abs on Honda's. As for the gray streaks,
    after I washed it this past time, I took some
    car wax and with a little rubbing it came right
    off. I'm thinking they were maybe some water
    marks or something. Anyway, it was a relief to
    see them go. I'm enjoying the new one, but for
    some reason still miss the old. At least it's
    going to a good friend who will really appreciate
    it! Thanks again.
    jkidd2 - I see that you have good tastes as well :)

1949 - songs, eh? "The Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor always tempt me to drive faster :)) Too bad Willie won't be doing a 4th celebration this year.... another Austin tradition on hold.
  • lberkoskilberkoski Member Posts: 5
    Hey,

Has anybody had any problems involving the "Check Engine" light on their Prelude? I have a 99 Base with 40,000 miles on it, and it came on this morning. I read the manual and it gave some strange response about the gas cap, reduced emissions performance, and some other stuff, but made it sound fairly non-critical. I wanted to do some on-line research before making an appointment for this.

Thanks,

Len
    There is a little sign on my gas cap thats says
    the engine light may come on if you do not turn
    the cap through 3 "clicks" after refueling.
    Could this be it?
    Well, I needed gas and I did notice that the gas cap wasn't completly tightened, but the light hasn't gone off yet (the manual said it should after 3 trip or so). Hopefully that's it, but can anybody shed any light on what's going on here? Is there some pressurized state that the gas cap is compromising, and it takes a while for the fuel system to "rebalance" itself? Or is there moisture getting into the system?

BTW, in reference to the earlier MX-3 V6 discussion, I had one, and liked it for the first 60,000 miles. It completely fell apart on the way to 100,000.
  • blacktalonblacktalon Member Posts: 203
    You can check the code yourself. This article gives detailed instructions and includes a list of what each of the codes mean:

http://www.hondaprelude.to/articles/mil_check.html

Basically, you have to short a connector, then the codes will flash on the check engine light.

You can also reset the check engine light by removing the clock/radio fuse for 15 seconds or so, though you will need to reset the clock and any radio presets afterwards.

Just got my new copy of Sport Compact Car. They have pics and review of Integra replacement. There's a Type S w/200hp, MacPherson Strut front end and smaller wishbone rear suspension. The new Integra is now called the RSX. I think it too, sits on a Civic platform. I wish Honda would do another radical restyling of the Prelude like they did to the previous gen with the high-tech dash and tweak the engine to gain some additional ponies. I love the performance/handling of my '98, but have never been "moved" by the 80s Accord-looking instrument panel.
  • ludedriverludedriver Member Posts: 2
    I am new here and just saw that someone was having problems with their Check engine light. My car is a '99 Prelude also, but my engine light came on at about 24,000 miles or less. My gas cap is always very tight also, and it has been to the dealership twice, so far, to have it checked. They tried to blame me at first saying i was not using Premium gas. they still don't know what is wrong.
  • ludedriverludedriver Member Posts: 2
    I am new here and just saw that someone was having problems with their Check engine light. My car is a '99 Prelude also, but my engine light came on at about 24,000 miles or less. My gas cap is always very tight also, and it has been to the dealership twice, so far, to have it checked. They tried to blame me at first saying i was not using Premium gas. they still don't know what is wrong.They did replace my injectors but it still comes on and off. If i am at a stop, my car acts as if it is not getting enough gas. Anyone have any idea of what's going on?
    do what blacktalon has suggested. The check engine light on my 98 came on at around 60K miles and I used the same procedure to find out that it was the O2 sensor. Got it replaced under warranty (extented). It's better that you first check the code yourself so you don't have to buy the crap your honda dealer will give you.
    Very helpful link. I followed the directions and confirmed it was a 90 code, which is consistent with the gas cap. I pulled the clock/radio fuse for 20 seconds, noticed the light went off, and the clock/radio didn't even need to be reset!

Missed the bullet on that one ...
    I haven't had the "check engine" light problem on our Prelude, but it's a constant battle on our Grand Am. Except, its no longer the "check engine" light that comes on. Now, the gauge needle flys between "E" and "F" for about the first 150 miles of a fill up! People tell me to let the cap click three times, then I had someone else say, only one click. Doesn't seem to matter how I apply the cap...its never the "right" way! Now, I'm waiting for it to occur on the Lude!
  • tnguyen74tnguyen74 Member Posts: 65
    I have a 98 Prelude and the SRS light is staying on solid. The first place I checked was the fuse box and it was OK. I also noticed that the cruise control will not function as a result of it. I also checked the CC light. Has anyone ever encountered this? I hope it's something simple and doesn't require a visit to the dealer. I hate going b/c everytime I visit them they ding or scatch my car so i try to avoid them.
  • blazin2blazin2 Member Posts: 1
    I seem to have a problem with my 92 Prelude Si occasionaly. Once in a while, my car will not start RIGHT after I shut it off. Sometimes, I will have to wait 2 minutes for it to start again. The starter clicks and clicks, but the engine does not turn over. It only does this it seems when I drive the car a little faster than normal. I havent taken it to get looked at for this problem cuz it only happens about 4 times a year. ANY SIMILAR COMPLAINTS????
  • BlakJackBlakJack Member Posts: 18
    I was just curious. What happens when you put like 1 extra quart of oil in the engine? Will it burn off or just do absolulty nothing??
  • getz1getz1 Member Posts: 63
  • azpreludeazprelude Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Prelude w/2500 miles. I purchased it new from the dealer. About a week ago, the VTEC began behaving strangely. After hitting the 5000 rpm mark, the tach needle would began to flicker wildly back and forth and the VTEC would not smoothly increase rpms. It sounded and felt as if the VTEC was not firing correctly at all. I took it to the dealer and had a technician ride with me. He was definitely surprised when this occurred, remarking that the VTEC should smoothly increase rpms and something was obviously wrong here. I'm taking the car back tomorrow for warranty covered repairs. The tech said he had seen the VTEC malfunction in a civic before, but not a Prelude. Any thoughts on this subject?? At first I thought it was just a lack of oil pressure and heat, but after 20 minutes in 105 degree weather, it made no difference, as the revving continued to falter around 5000 rpm. Other than that it's been functioning well.

Any advice or wisdom is much appreciated.
    Wow....this is the FIRST incident I read of either here or at any other site regarding the issue you described. I went to NHTSA site to see if there were any factory bulletins there, but found none. I have a '98 Prelude (5spd) that I've thoroughly enjoyed for the past 45k miles. The engine has performed in Honda fashion.."flawlessly". For me, reaching the 5500rpm mark, where VTEC kicks in is very important, because it's the equivalent of reaching an orgasmic type thrill. Don't be discouraged by this, count your blessings that the technician was able to duplicate the issue and Honda will resolve it. This is an isolated problem, unless someone else has more info. Hope this experience won't cause you to be cautious in the future when approaching the VTEC threshold...because THAT's when the real fun begins and this engine comes to life!!
    Let us know what the problem was and how it worked out....thanks.
    Hi, azprelude:

I notice that you mentioned about oil pressure in your post, but I am not sure if you checked the oil level. Most of Prelude use a little oil especially during the first 8-10k miles. So, please check if your oil is still in full mark on the dip stick, then try VTEC after it is fully warmed up.

One question though, how do you guys check the oil level in your Lude? It seems to me every time I try to check the oil level, it seems the dip stick is covered partially by oil (That is: on one side of the stick, there are oil exceed the full mark close to one edge while on the other edge - of the same side of the stick, there is only oil that reach somewhere around the low mark). I just get lost every time I check the oil level, no matter 10 min. after driving or after it sitting there overnight, I almost get the same result. Can anyone let me know how you guys check oil level? Thx!
    the best time to check oil level is in the morning when the car's been sitting at a LEVELLED surface overnight. Proper oil level should be between min & max marks, you don't need to always keep it at max if you check it regularly. I've never had a problem with reading from the dip stick. What oil do you use?
    asethi:

Thank for the reply. Normally I use Castrol Syn. blend 5W-30 and I park my car in garage at night(which is level - since e-brake is not REQUIRED when parked there.) but the same thing happens the next morning I check the oil level. I am not sure it is low or not. Just like I said, over one edge of the stick, it is way over the full mark and to the other edge, it is almost at the low mark. I am not sure if this makes sense, but I have heard from people complaining about it is hard to get an accurate reading of oil level.

Any insight on this?
    in the morning when you check, try wiping the dip stick and putting in back in wait a minute and check again.. The problem most poeple mention with the dip stick is not the one that you have but it's about accuracy - i.e at times it would show less and at times more. Also check if your dip stick is straight (any twists or bends?).
    I thought this was a fluke. Shmang, I too have the exact same experience you mention. I didn't notice it until my last oil change. I panicked, as this was the first time since I've owned cars (25 yrs) that I've seen anything like this on a dipstick. While at Jiffy-Lube, I actually watched them putting the oil in my car out of cans, not the bulk hose they sometimes use, so I knew they put in the correct amount of oil. I'm taking my car to dealer to have something else addressed, so I'll ask them about this. It won't be until next week at the earliest, though.
    Thanks, guys for the reply. I will try to find more info. about this.

1949:
    Please keep me posted if you hear any reasonable explaination from the dealer.
  • azpreludeazprelude Member Posts: 2
    Good news, I got my prelude back from the dealer and it is working great. The problem? A faulty ignition module. If I am not mistaken, this module assists the distributor in forcing the spark plugs to spark in the combustion process. Its wierd that the VTEC would not work but driving below 5000 rpm was fine. To see an illustration of how the ignition system works take a look at the following link. This page is great (it also includes a technical explanation of how VTEC works). Thanks for all your suggestions. http://www.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system.htm
    Ok guys... now that I have the car and have gotten used to it, I want to do some work. First I want to play with the exterior. I didn't buy the factory spoiler... I thought it was too plain and boring. I've been to www.spoilers.com and wingswest.com for spoilers but can't seem to find anything I really like. Any good sites?

Also, I heard that it would be more beneficial to put something like a K&N Air Filter in instead of a Cold Air Intake because the Honda doesn't run hot. Is this true? And what are some good mods for the Prelude? I won't be able to do them right away, as I only have 1000 miles on the car (In two weeks no less!). Thanks guys!
    Just a quick update on the checking oil level:

I followed what asethi said:
    "in the morning when you check, try wiping the dip stick and putting in back in wait a minute and check again.. "

and it works perfect for me now. I got a reading at 3/4 between the low and high mark (towards the high). thanks again, asethi!
  • cgr45cgr45 Member Posts: 36
    This is driving me crazy. The infamous rattles from the rear passenger side has started in my car. Is driving me nuts!!! It only happens when I'm coming to a complete stop. I can hear what I can best describe as popping sounds. Also, everytime I hit a bump on the road, the passenger seat rattles. When I take off the headrest it goes away. How can I fix this? Oh, one last thing. How long should I wait until I can hit VTEC and really push the car. On my last Prelude I waited 800 miles. I spoke to a Honda tech and he said that 500 would be enough. Right now I have 828 miles on the new car. What's the magic number?
    Thanks for your help guys. Carlos