Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sienna Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Options
    bdconanbdconan Member Posts: 2
    I got mine through toyotapartspeople.com. I paid about 150.00 bucks, it works great. I think the part number was 00133-16118-04053.
  • Options
    bdconanbdconan Member Posts: 2
    If I may ask, waht backup sensor did you install. We have an 05' LE and my wife would like the sensor installed.
  • Options
    redkustomredkustom Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 XLE with the rear seat audio. I purchased a factory toyota DVD player. What parts/cables do I need to install the unit? Any advice would be helpful.
  • Options
    mcaltamcalta Member Posts: 3
    I'm trying to decide between Blue Mirage Metallic or Silver Shadow Pearl. Will one look better in the long run when the car gets scratches? My husband likes them both but thinks the silver will always be in style. Any advice appreciated.
  • Options
    davenowdavenow Member Posts: 171
    ...as to color, it's always been your personal preference. But just to let you know Silver is the most popular color in the car market today.
    :)
  • Options
    mcaltamcalta Member Posts: 3
    A toyota dealer near my home can install back up sensors on the Sienna LE for $550 + tax. My husband said you can get them anywhere for about $70 & install it yourself (without putting holes in the rear bumper). He doesn't like that the dealer would have to mess with the rear bumper after the factory. I think what you have to do with the $70 version is just stick them under the bumper or screw them in there. Anyway, what I wanted to know is, will these really work like the toyota installed sensors? The main reason I want this feature is for safety, but cost is an issue too. So I need ones that really do work, & if the cheaper ones work, then we could just get those & save money. My husband says the cheaper ones work just as good, but the toyota installed ones cost more b/c they have to put them into the bumper & electrical & you're paying for the labor too. Please Help. Thanks.
  • Options
    sslothssloth Member Posts: 4
    Would the swing arm work with a bike rack? Do you know where I could find pictures of one?
  • Options
    joewdunbarjoewdunbar Member Posts: 5
    There is a Go Rhino Bumper protector with a back up sensor incorporated in the chrome step bumper (that lets you easily reach the roof of your van) that fits into a trailer hitch that looked pretty cool and cost around $200. Several sites on the offer it. Rear Bumper Protector, Hitch Step, Unique detection pattern senses objects behind vehicle up to six feet away, Measures 42-inches long and offers universal fitment for all 2-inch hitch receivers.
  • Options
    toyota6toyota6 Member Posts: 8
    What about sensory wiring. Does it easy do? Thx.
  • Options
    3screwsloose3screwsloose Member Posts: 116
    We towed the Space Shuttle once with our '98 Sienna. It didn't seem to hurt the transmition (sic), can't say the same for the Space Shuttle 'tho.
  • Options
    toyota6toyota6 Member Posts: 8
    Does anybody here have an experience to install the Go Rhino Sensostep? The wiring seems hard.
  • Options
    vtech8vtech8 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a Sienna 2005 LE and the dealer offered a fabric protectant application, that would resist stains etc. Apparently similar to scotchgaurd, but was none flammable and only had to be applied once. The cost $150. The guarantee was for 5 years and if a stain could not come out they would replace the seat. Has any one had any experience with this? Has anyone purchased any thing similar outside of a dealer. Any information would be very appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    jteljtel Member Posts: 1
    hpan

Did you ever get the rear aux audio inputs to work through the minivans speaker system?
    I too would like to easily connec my ipod to the stereo, and it seems that toyota could easily have outfitted this feature if they wanted to since the ports are all ready there.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    joeb24joeb24 Member Posts: 111
    Does anyone have any experience using a Yakima "Load Warrior" (or Mega Warrior) roof-top gear basket for their 04 or 05 Sienna? If so, does it fit directly onto the factory roof rack? I am thinking of buying one, and getting the spare tire carrier attachment so that I can mount my full size spare for my 05 Sienna AWD on the roof.
  • Options
    96corolla96corolla Member Posts: 94
    I know it's kind of a dumb question, but does anybody know if it is possible to make the sliding doors or rear hatch "power" in the aftermarket. We plan to buy a Sienna, but need an 8 passenger. Problem is Toyo only offers 8 passenger in their LE which does not offer 2nd auto slider or auto rear hatch. You need to step up to XLE to get this, which doesn't offer 8 passenger seating. So, does anyone know if this aftermarket upgrade exists. Seems to me it would just take some wires, a small motor, a sensor and some buttons, but I'm sure it is much more complicated then that. Any input would be appreciated.
  • Options
    toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Best bet for looking into something like that is to contact anyplace locally that does mobility conversions for people with disabilities. Toyota's website has a section for info on vehicles as such but more importantly for you, has listings on that section of the website for vendors in your area that work with Toyota for mobility enhancements.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Options
    96corolla96corolla Member Posts: 94
    I may try that. I'll let you know what I find out. Any other ideas are welcome.
  • Options
    jawbreakerjawbreaker Member Posts: 1
    I just took delivery of a 2005 Sienna. One of the items in the package I bought is a "wiring harness". No one at the dealership seems to know what this is for. Anybody know?

Also, what's the best class two towing hitch to use?
  • Options
    mnandamnanda Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 XLE limited with NAV and DVD(factory). Is it possible to modify the car so the DVD picture can be displayed on the NAVI screen?
    mnanda
  • Options
    toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    There is no direct wiring between the rear seat DVD system and the front NAV screen. I have not heard of any modifications that allow you to do so either. There have certainly been plenty of people who have asked about the possiblity of playing DVD's on the NAV screen, so if you do find a way, please post it here.

Toyota Ken
  • Options
    ednovakednovak Member Posts: 55
    The DVD can play through the NAV screen but the car must be in Park in order for it to work. Bypassing the automatic lock out of the DVD display where the driver can see it (while the car is in motion) is illegal in many states.

To watch a DVD while stopped, load and start the DVD in the rear player, then press the DISK button until the DVD is displayed (it will cycle between the front CD player and the rear DVD player). I tried it when I first got the van and it worked fine. Haven't used the DVD since (no munchkins in the family).
  • Options
    srinipsrinip Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Sienna XLE . How easy is it to install a hitch by myself. I'm going to
    use the hitch for bike rack only. Will a class II hitch be good enough for a 4 bike rack, or
    should I be going with a more sturdier class III hitch.
  • Options
    npatelnpatel Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    i just bought sienna LE and want to add a navigation system to the front dash board... can anyone with experience doing it help me to get some info..
    kindly provide details about getting parts and what i need to do.

thanks
  • Options
    morrisos1morrisos1 Member Posts: 3
    I have read several accounts of 2004/05 Sienna hitches scraping the road. So what is the best course of action? I want to carry a bike rack that requires a 2" receiver and possibly (separately) a small pop-up camper on short trips. Should I bother at all? Or what hitch is the best bet? Some people actually say don't other even putting a hitch on the van. You'd think a $27K van should carry a bikerack for crying out loud without bottoming out. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Steve
    MPLS
  • Options
    ord62ord62 Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone has an experience with the part #s: 82324 or 80324 or 81324 or 70234 or 71234 or 72324??? I just got one and I received it with a channeled area (cut-out portion) for the front window visors located at vertical channel close to the side view mirror. The manufacturer said it is standard in the design for holding the ventvisor in place. I would like to verify if it really does. Does anyone know if it will "> tend to leak at these cutout areas??
  • Options
    jmgraebnerjmgraebner Member Posts: 1
    Every time I start up the car, the Nav. system comes up with a screen that asks me to punch " I Accept" agreement. As I make lots of short trips a day, this is a real pain in the butt. Can I eliminate that start up screen somehow, also would like to be able to enter a destination, while driving. (have to be stopped to do it now)
    Joe ">
  • Options
    Every time I start up the car, the Nav. system comes up with a screen that asks me to punch " I Accept" agreement. As I make lots of short trips a day, this is a real pain in the butt. Can I eliminate that start up screen somehow, also would like to be able to enter a destination, while driving. (have to be stopped to do it now)
    Joe ">

There has been much discussion and experimenting done about disabling this "cover your tail" idiot disclaimer screen some overzealous lawyer at Toyota apparently felt was "necessary" (like warning people that hot coffee is HOT). However, no one has found a way around it yet so for the time being you're stuck paying homage to the ding bat lawyer that demanded it every time you start the van.

However, there IS a way to bypass the lock out of entering destinations while moving. It requires entering a sequence of button pushes (seven in all) EVERY time you start the van. Someone over at one of the Lexus forums posted it but it works just fine on my 05 Sienna. I've copied the instructions over into a WORD document which I can send you (it includes a number of photo images so I can't post it directly here). Drop me your email ID and I'll pop it over to you. I'm ednovak@hotmail.com.
  • Options
    cnotezcnotez Member Posts: 1
    I bought 82324 last year for an 04 XLE. No worries, I haven't had any leak problems and regularly leave the windows cracked in the rain. Actually that cut out is low enough that the window would have to be pretty close to all the way down before leaking through it becomes an issue. I guess the real issue would be "having the window all the way down", right? Enjoy!

C
  • Options
    ctdriverctdriver Member Posts: 5
    Did you get any answer to your question? I have a 2005 LE and would like to get a hitch. I have a Hollywood 1.25 inch rack that i had for our 1999 Chevy Venture.
    At the 3000 mile oil change for our Sienna I inquired at the parts department about getting a hitch. In their manual they found one for the 2004 but nothing was mentioned about the 2005s altho other parts listed both years. Does Toyota make a hitch or do we have to try one by Drawtite or Uhaul. I don't want to have to put the bike inside the vehicle or even on the roof.
  • Options
    P.S.
    I recently saw an 04/05 Sienna on I-91 in Connecticut with a hitch and bike carrtier. The vehicle looked like it was loaded down with vacationing family but it appeared to have enough ground clearance to avoid scraping. On our old Venture
    it would scrape the apron of our steep driveway if I backed the vehicle out with a
    bike rack installed. If I backed the car up the drive and installed the rack and bikes on and drove slowly with the front end exiting the drive first I could avoid any scraping. So I can't imagine the Sienna experiencing anything worse.
  • Options
    joewdunbarjoewdunbar Member Posts: 5
    I have an '05 Sienna LE an installed the HiddenHitch 70639
    It's a Class III Round Tube Receiver Hitch, big and heavy which you would want for heavier trailers. Only in rare instances have I scrapped (steep driveways) and it wasn't that bad - just startling.

I pull a small Skamper pop-up with ease, can hardly tell it’s even there. I’m curious though how others make out towing with bigger trailers weighing close to 3000 lbs as I’d like to upgrade to a travel trailer.
  • Options
    5sharks5sharks Member Posts: 1
    I live in Germany and have a 2001 Sienna XLE that I would like to upgrade the suspension and brakes on. Any resources to reduce the body roll/sway and improve the braking over the stock parts? It has 82k miles and although it can cruise at 100 mph or so on the autobahn I don't feel comfortable with the current suspension or brakes. Changing the brake rotors to an aftermarket brand would probably also reduce the rear disc squeaks that still occur. Upgrading the sway bar and potentially lowering it 2 inches would probably also be very helpful. I have scoured the net but find very little out there for Sienna modifications.
    Thanks
  • Options
    frmrdodgefrmrdodge Member Posts: 1
    We bought a "05 Sienna Le in Aug 2005 and also want to know if we can modify the 2nd row seats to recline more. We make long trips and want to be able to sleep in the second row. I wonder if the seat-back adjustment disk (or whatever it is called) that is used on the front passenger seat would work on the 2nd row seats?

You are the only other post I have seen about this issue, are we the only ones that want to recline?
  • Options
    ord62ord62 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the respond. I finally installed the 4 window pieces and it does look really nice. I am just worried about the rubber on the front window seal where the bottom flare sits on. Is there a way to protect it so it won't cut the rubber?? I tried putting the rubber door protector but it is too thick. I may just need to pay for replacement if it gets any worst in the future.
  • Options
    macmacdevittmacmacdevitt Member Posts: 1
    Do any of you have ideas for an alternate location for a spare tire on a 2004 Sienna AWD.

We are operating with out a spare and with run flat tires. We have only been getting 30K on these tires and they are expensive.

Any way to add a spare to the rear trunk lid or put it up on a roof rack. Have any of you seen these modifications?

Thanks,

Mac
  • Options
    joeb24joeb24 Member Posts: 111
    There has been much discussion about "where to put a spare tire" for Sienna AWD models in this forum in the "run-flats, PAX tires for minivans" discussion title, and I urge you to review those discussions. Briefly, if it is a temporary spare, it will fit flat behind the third row seat on the driver side; Toyota actually sells a kit to secure the temporary spare to the floor of the van and includes a cover for it. If it is a full size spare, various solutions have been implemented including: standing the spare upright behind the third row seat on the driver side and securing it to the back of the seat; attaching the spare to a Yakima or Thule roof basket/rack; taking out one of the second row seats and securing the spare to the floor; or folding down the larger third row seat into the well and securing the spare to the vacated floor space. Some have also mentioned the availability of spare tire carriers that can be attached to hitch behind the van, but I have not heard of anyone on these forums actually implementing this solution..
  • Options
    kentuck100kentuck100 Member Posts: 4
    I'd like to install a 2 " hitch on my 2005 Sienna XLE Ltd. We need to carry 2 adult and 2 child size bikes, plus gear in the back of the van. The bike shop strongly recommended getting the hitch welded to the vehicle, but the installation shop said to bolt it on, so that we could remove it later, if we ever sell the car. They also said that welding it is not necessary. Advice please!!
  • Options
    About a month or so ago I posted a similar question except that I have a 1.25"
    bike rack. My investigation seems to point to the fact that nobody makes a class
    I or II hitch with a 1.25" receiver for the 2004-06 Siennas.The only thing available appears to be Class III 2" receivers. Anybody know a reason for this. All other minivans have the option availble to them of the Class I and II hitches. Those of us who only plan to use the receiver for carrying bike racks and not towing a boat or motor home should have the option of installing other types of hitches on our Siennas.I have a 2005 LE.
  • Options
    toyo_van_ownertoyo_van_owner Member Posts: 31
    Has anyone tried installing a fairing on the roof rack cross bars? If so, did it reduce the wind noise? Any details would be very much appriciated!
  • Options
    lisaelisae Member Posts: 1
    I've had my new XLE 2005 Sienna for less than a week and so far I love it!! But the rear park assist (Parking Pilot) beeps over and over (both short and continous tones) whenever I am backing up. I checked to make sure that the sensors are clean, and they are. I even tested it in an empty parking lot and it beeps. I ran into another mom who has this problem with hers, so she keeps it turned off all the time. Is there something wrong with ours, or is this just the way it works for everyone? Thanks.
  • Options
    jimd2jimd2 Member Posts: 3
    Dear Kentuck,

You shouldn't even consider welding a hitch to a Sienna van. I went to Etrailers and bought an excellent hitch specifically for my '04 Sienna for $145.00 plus shipping. I had it installed in about a half hour at my service station. It is made of round steel tubing, has a 2" receiver, black finish and is a cut above all other hitches I have ever had. I bought it specifically to use my Yakima 4 trailer bicycle rack. It works perfect. They also sell the wiring kit which I installed myself.
    Jim
  • Options
    I've had my new XLE 2005 Sienna for less than a week and so far I love it!! But the rear park assist (Parking Pilot) beeps over and over (both short and continous tones) whenever I am backing up. I checked to make sure that the sensors are clean, and they are. I even tested it in an empty parking lot and it beeps. I ran into another mom who has this problem with hers, so she keeps it turned off all the time. Is there something wrong with ours, or is this just the way it works for everyone? Thanks.
    You definitely have a problem. Mine has worked flawlessly since day one, no false warnings and my wife loves it. Time for a trip to your dealer..
    Ed
  • Options
    sas24sas24 Member Posts: 1
    I installed the 2" (i don't think there are any other options) on our '05 Sienna LE in June. The installation is VERY simple - I bolted on. I only use it for a 4-bike carrier so it does seem a bit excessive and a bit odd that there is no smaller option. Also, it WILL scrape the ground backing out or pulling into a steep driveway, parking lot etc. Would welding give an inch or more of clearance? If so, I would do it. I have only seen one other '05 on the road with a hitch (I look in the driver's side mirror whenever a Sienna passes) and it looked like the ground clearance was the same as mine. It's frustrating that such a great vehicle in all other areas doesn't have enough ground clearance for something most families would want. Especially considering the clearance on the previous models is much higher.

If you find the welding DOES give you more clearance, I'd appreciate you letting me know. Good luck.
  • Options
    otis1otis1 Member Posts: 142
    To watch a DVD while stopped, load and start the DVD in the rear player, then press the DISK button until the DVD is displayed (it will cycle between the front CD player and the rear DVD player). I tried it when I first got the van and it worked fine. Haven't used the DVD since (no munchkins in the family).

I tried this and couldn't get the movie to play in the front NAV screen. when I "cycled" through, that just determined what was being played on the speakers. I"m not interested in seeing the movie when I'm driving, just when the car is in park. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    charlowcharlow Member Posts: 1
    You need to make sure that the vehicle is in Park and that you have engaged the parking brake. I do this fairly frequently (let my wife go into a store and I'll watch a movie with the kids). If you have it set to DVD while driving, you'll hear just the audio...if you then stop, you might have to cycle thru the inputs back to DVD to see the video again.
  • Options
    navguy1navguy1 Member Posts: 181
    A factory navigation system cannot be added to your vehicle. OEM Value.com does offer some units that may or may not be compatible with your vehicle. The main challange is that it mus integrate with your factory amplifier.

However, I would suggest looking at the Eclipse or Kenwood aftermarket double-din units. You will find that the operating system is very similiar to the factory navigation system from Toyota! ;)
  • Options
    hypnosis44hypnosis44 Member Posts: 483
    Can anyone tell me the code (if there is one) the dealer can use to order the Sienna AWD optional spare tire installation kit? It goes in behind the driver side third seat. It was also available in 2005, as well as now, 2006 . The new 2006 "Short" owners manuals tagged to the gear selector shows the pictures and gives the instructions for accessing both the FWD (under the vehicle) and the AWD (behind the seat) spares. Sales people seem to be in the dark about its existence, a sales manager says it does not exist.
  • Options
    jurryjurry Member Posts: 3
    Dealer offered me 2006 Sienna Limited with dealer installed Eclipse navigation package vs Toyota GPS navigation package. What's the difference between these systems
  • Options
    jcu1963jcu1963 Member Posts: 22
    Has anyone purchased/installed aftermarket backup sensors for a 2006 Sienna? If so, can you advise where they were purchased? How installed?

Thanks.

Pete
  • Options
    sienna2005sienna2005 Member Posts: 3
    Happy New Year Everyone:

I have a 2005 LE. I am looking for the wood trim panels, not the over-layers. Are the available? Also, looking for fog lights. I don't want to order from a dealership haha.

thanks for any help