Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    OK. Here are all the Toyota part numbers required for the spire tire kit for AWD models. (Any dealer that tells you they don't exist is uninformed. These parts are sitting in my garage as I write this).

58410-AE010-EO (Platform Deck Cover - Taupe interior color)
    64778-08010 (Spare Wheel Protector)
    51900-45010 (Carrier Assembly)
    64777-32030 (Clamp)
    Firestone Temporary Spare Tire size T155/80-R17 mounted on steel rim (No Toyota part number marked).

Hope this helps.
  • jimmisjimmis Member Posts: 1
    That's amazing..........better acceleration, better gas mileage, increased horsepower......all from an air filter!
  • tackdriver56tackdriver56 Member Posts: 3
    Heywood,
    I ordered this stuff back in December and am still waiting for the deck assembly in gray.

1.) How long did you have to wait?
    2.) What's the hockey puck for?

Also, the local tire dealer tried to take advantage of me on the spare tire. I got it from the TireRack.com in two days, for less than my local tire shop tried to convince me HIS price was.
  • afrankcafrankc Member Posts: 6
    I am considering purchase of the Pioneer AirWare XM2GO portable XM satellite radio and installation into my '06 Sienna Limited. The radio installer suggests the Pro Fit adapter (http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Legend/) be placed immediately to the right of the center console vent on the passenger side. My concern is the airbag system for the passenger side - I don't want to compromise the airbag operation by placing something protruding out near it. It is my understanding that the entire dash panel on the passenger side hinges up with explosion of the airbag. Is this correct, and should I be concerned about the bracket at the left periphery of the dash panel and deployed bag? The owner's manual is not clear on how deployment occurs.

Has anyone installed one of these in any other location on a Sienna? The reason for considering such an installation was to get the antenna and power wires out-of-sight. It would use the existing stereo via the Limited's aux port just above the installation.
    I think it took about a week for my dealer to figure out the part numbers, and about another two weeks to actually get the parts. I was patient, because my dealer's regional rep agreed to give me these items at no cost.

I'll have to check on the hockey puck. Right now, my run-flat snow tires are on the van, so I'm not using the spare kit.
  • juliagjuliag Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to locate an 06 Limited with DVD/Nav system to compare to a Odyssey Touring with DVD/Nav. So far, no luck in my area - Dallas/Fort Worth. Can anyone tell me: (1) does the cd changer behind the NAV system light up at night? (2) Are there rear audio controls for the stereo? (3) Is there a night-time mode for the NAV system (my husband's 2000 Lexus LS 400 has this); (4) Are there radio controls under the NAV screen so you can also change stations, etc. without using touch screen; and (5) is it possible to hook up satellite radio that will look "factory"?
  • ritz1ritz1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought Sony overhead 9" dvd. Whats the best place (and resonably priced) to get it instaled. Shall I go back to dealer or have one of the electronics store do it?

Circuit city quoted 169 for labor + parts.. and additional 76 for fm modulator installation.Is that resonable?
  • deepdropdeepdrop Member Posts: 89
    I apologize if this has been covered already. My head is swimming from reading message boards comparing Sienna and Odyssey.
    Living in NH, I've decided to go with the AWD Sienna because of the icy hills here. I will put on NON runflat Blizzak snow tires in winter and NON runflat regular tires the rest of the year.
    My question is: For those of you buying a "donut" mini spare tire, where do you store it? Is that what the kit is for that "Hypnosis" gave us parts numbers for? Where does it go? I don't want to put a spare on top of my car in a Yakima rack like some people are doing.
    Again, sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but would love to hear advice.
    The 'mini-spare' occupies the 60% space behind the third-row 60/40 seat. That portion of the third row seat cannot be stowed into the floor when the spare is on board.
  • axelfireaxelfire Member Posts: 1
    I just Bought a 2006 Sienna XLE with interior wood trim panels on either side of of the dash console and on each front door arm rest. I am looking for the LE silver ones because my wife does not like wood trim. I would love to trade my wood ones to for the silver ones.
  • stephwith5stephwith5 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 sienna. I am thinking of putting running boards on it. THis van is quite a bit higher than my chrysler. Can anyone give me the pros/cons of doing this. I think it will be helpful for the kids but will it hinder my ability to get or out of the vehicle in the front seat?
  • stephwith5stephwith5 Member Posts: 2
    can you change with wood trim on the steering wheel?
  • siennabillysiennabilly Member Posts: 1
    I want to install a trailer hitch on my 7-passenger 2005 Sienna. Bolting on the hitch is easy except that I have to temporarily move the exhaust pipe to do so. The exhaust pipe and the muffler are attached to the chassis by some complex rubber-and-metal gizmos that have no bolts or nuts and I can't see how to remove them.

How can I remove these mounts so that I can move the pipe and muffler temporarily out of the way?

Thanks in advance,
    Billy
  • morecarseatsmorecarseats Member Posts: 1
    On my Honda Pilot, I can look up an address and change the destination of the GPS while driving.

I recently drove in a Prius and if it was going more than 3 mph, I was locked out of any changes to the Nav system.

Does the 2006 Sienna let me make changes or does the car have to be sitting?
  • toyfan1toyfan1 Member Posts: 1
    from my experience toyota pre wires their accessories on their vehicles. my corolla even though it didn't come with fog lights does have all the wiring installed. what i did is check the model on the showroom with the foglight option and se where the switch is mounted,then check your toyota and there should be a blank in place of the switch.
    Net pull ther blank out and check for a wiring connector behind it, if you find one chances are it is pre-wired for fog lights.
  • navguynavguy Member Posts: 61
    Thankfully the 06MY Sienna allows you to input the address via voice recognition. Simply press the TALK button on the steering wheel and follow the voice prompts from the system. The system will ask for the state, city, street name and numerical address.... and boom.... your on your way.

Plus you can also make a telephone call via voice recognition too! Press the TALK button, say "DIAL BY NUMER", then the number in signle digits 8 8 8 5 5 5 1 2 1 2. The system will ask if the number is correct and then dial once you have confirmed! It's so cool! I love it! Be sure your cell phone is an approved device from LETSTALK.com. ;)
  • vp30vp30 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone installed color keyed mud guards to Actic frost Sienna? What is opinion of buying color keyed versus standard black? On this color which type looks better?

Does the color keyed mud guards tend to chip off, which would make it look worse as time goes on?

Thanks,
  • dane_waltherdane_walther Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, we just bought a 2005 Sienna that has a rear seat audio module... I'd like to remove that and retro-fit some other equipment into it. I notice when I flip-down the door (sunglasses holder??) that there are two screws into the roof, but removing them seem to let the console budge any more than with them in place.

Does anyone know how to remove this console properly?

thanks!
    ..dane
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Remember that original post was 3-1/2 years old. The 2004-2006 Sienna gets better gas mileage and has more power than the early, much smaller Siennas.
    Did Toyota change the air filter design in 2004?
  • vinijinvinijin Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone installed Camry V4 (or any other smaller engine) in Sienna. Is it possible ?
  • navguynavguy Member Posts: 61
    1.) The CD slot has a light to the side that flashes green when its ready to load the CD.

3.) The navigation will automatically change to night mode when the headlights are turned on.

4.) The steering wheel controls allow you to go through your presets (1-6). Plus, you can change the volume too. Once you have had steering wheel controls... you would die without them!

On the front panel of the AVN (audio visual navigation) you can use SEEK button to manually go through the radio stations incrementally or use SCAN to jump from station to station.

5.) The factory XM tuner connects directly to the AVN. Just press the AM-SAT button to access this source. The XM tuner is hidden away and the artist and song info is displayed on the screen. Of course there is a subscription fee for XM service.
  • deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    there is NO v4. its an inline 4. why would anyone want to do it!!
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    I would want to do it if the Sienna was about 500 lbs lighter (maybe not do it - but buy a factory version).

I often wonder why Toyota has more than a half dozen SUVs, but only one minivan. The first gen Sienna with the new 2.4 would probably do fine.
  • vinijinvinijin Member Posts: 28
    Thanks Deepan and dudleyr
    Looks like it is not practical to install camry 4 cylinder engine in Sienna
  • volmanncvolmannc Member Posts: 1
    Any chance you can send the info to me? I'm really tired of fighting this rear brake squeal and I'll take a temporary fix over no help from the local Toyota dealer.
  • redsienna3redsienna3 Member Posts: 2
    Why not just drive "spareless" except on long trips? How often does a tire go flat? And when it does, have someone bring the spare to you from your garage.
  • sasimansasiman Member Posts: 2
    I just bought the '06 Sienna Limited. Is it possible to integrate a satellite radio into the system. My van does not show the am/sat button, only AM. With all the bells and whistles, I'm surprised it not built in.
    Thanks in advance
  • cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    I have the same and purchased an external SIRIUS Roadmate with a custom mounting bracket from Pro-Fit. Looks great but would have been nicer to have it integrated into the main NAV/Radio unit.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Has anybody added the fog lights to an LE? Is the wiring already there?
  • whopprwhoppr Member Posts: 13
    Im looking at buying a 2006 Sienna LE with LE package #1 and have all dealers tell me that they can add leather. Since this isnt part of a package option, Im assuming they send it out to a shop to have it done.

One dealer said that they cannot add it because of safety reasons and the side air bags.

Does this make sense? Has anyone ever had this done?
  • kmintonkminton Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 LE Touring Addition and added leather (heated)(8 way adjustable) and alloy wheels. They did send the car off to have the leather changed out. The cool thing is not only does the leather package include the seats but the door panels as well. I beleive the upgrade cost in the $1.7K - $1.9K range. My 06 came with Package 2. Also the Tour edition is cool because your get a back up camera with the monitor in your rear view mirror and also a 10.5 inch DVD/Tvtuner for the back seat. Also there is some cool interior lighting added as well. With all the additions we got the car for arounf $28.5K (not including tax and all the other add on fees).
  • bonuschild3bonuschild3 Member Posts: 3
    For those of you who have the Backup Camera option, what are your impressions?
    Is it helpful?
    Does it distract you from looking back as you back up?
    Anyone think it's worth/not worth the extra cost?
  • sasimansasiman Member Posts: 2
    The only change in my backup procedures is that I first look at the screen and then proceed with caution. The wide angle is SOO wide it is dangerous to use the screen to guage distance. Every vechicle should have this safety option.
  • jimbozjimboz Member Posts: 3
    axelfire, just joined, and just bought a 2006 le, do you still have items to trade? thanks jim
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, Jim, and welcome! These Forums are for info exchange, but buying, selling, trading, etc., aren't allowed here.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

hello, thanks for the clarification. jim
    Does anybody know of a bra that works with this van? jim
  • xmellmanxmellman Member Posts: 1
    Hey - did you ever figure out how to do this? I am trying to do the same on my 2001 Sienna. Thanks.
  • piflopiflo Member Posts: 1
    Hello All, new to the forum.

I just recently purchased a 2004 Toyota Sienna LE. I was interested in the chrome accents on the rear door (the strip right above the License Plate). Does anyone know where I can get that piece? I saw on another forum that some did that but they never replied with where they got it or the part #... Any help would be great!

Bryan
  • mkjj123mkjj123 Member Posts: 18
    We lost the remote control for the rear audio control (just the radio to the wireless headsets, no DVD). Toyota wants $125 for a new one. Is it possible to program a universal remote to operate this? Anyone know of any aftermarket remotes?

Thanks
  • dan bitmandan bitman Member Posts: 158
    if anyone can tell me, please.
    I am planning to buy a 2003 Sienna LE in the next few days,
    2-nd row captain seats
    3-rd row 50/50 split bench
    Question:
    if I remove the captain seats, does the bench anchoring gears fits in the 2-nd row?
    also, the captain seats in the 2-nd row fits in the 3-rd row location?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan
  • 1bytor1bytor Member Posts: 1
    Hello:

I had the same thing happen with my 4runner, a lost 6 button remote. Best Buy sells an R-5 Remote, it is a "LEARNING" type remote. It sells for $39 and works great!! You will have to borrow an original one from a person/dealer to copy the functions though. I happen to have a Sienna so I was able to copy it.
  • searching4vansearching4van Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know of a good website to purchase a cargo liner? I am looking for a thick rubber one with a lip to catch spills. Thanks.

Also, regarding the all-weather mats that Toyota sells, does the second row mat go all the way across or are there two small mats that go in front of the seats?
    www.mats.com
  • trinity6trinity6 Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to buy an aftermarket chrome grill for a XLE just like the limited has on it? I really like the look of a little chrome on the front.
    Thanks,
    Matthew
  • pz1234pz1234 Member Posts: 4
    If you get the carpet mats package (CF) how many actual mats do you get, how is it configured?
    for 2006 7 passenger style.
    You get both front, middle and rear. The entire set. The front are obviously two seperate pieces. The middle and rears are one long mat that stretches from door to door.
  • searching4vansearching4van Member Posts: 4
    You also get the two mats that go down the center (one between the front two seats and one that goes between the middle row seats.)
  • boulderman66boulderman66 Member Posts: 1
    Is there any word as to when (if) this accessory will be available for a 2006 Sienna?
  • macmohanmacmohan Member Posts: 2
    I have an 8 passenger 2004 Sienna LE. The center row has 3 seats. The center seat folded down works as an armrest on the inside, but the two side seats do not have a folding (or otherwise) armrest on the outside, towards the door. does anyone know of a solution to this?