Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protege Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited July 2014 in Mazda
You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used www.photopoint.com (free!) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/44716.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• speedyptspeedypt Member Posts: 200

Regards,

Pete

P.S. use the "<>" brackets instead of the "()" brackets.
  • nikecarnikecar Member Posts: 460
    image target=_blank
    gotta love that green.
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    I didn't know your car was green too. I thought it was either red or white for some reason. I don't know why though.

I guess I am the only one on the board with a black Protege. I will have to get the pics I took of it (before the accident) developed and post them on the web soon.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    post some pictures. I am getting lonely up there.

Larry,
    why don't you post the pics of your twins in the garage. Man, I can never forget that sight when I came down to your place. they looked as beautiful as new-born - washed twins with their Daddy :)
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
    just washed & waxed yesterday, very shiny... but depends on if I can get out of work early enough so there's still sunlight outside

Have a feeling that this is going to be a LONG week at work... sigh...
  • digidavedigidave Member Posts: 48
    Tell me about it - vehicle was nice and clean end of last week and this morning I wake up to find a pretty, newly fallen, soft snow blanket. Of course, the agony comes from having to drive on the salt ridden roads.... Did somebody say Spring was here?!

Ok, here's a shot of my baby when she was a week old. No mud flaps or window tint yet, but planned.

ZoomooZ

The sparkle on the roof works very well. Almost look like one of those car mag pix.

very nice indeed

I'll try to post mine up tomorrow, got caught up at work today...
    did you get this pic from the mazda brochure...no?
    :)
    I am jealous! I am about to go out and buy a scanner, so I can post a picture of my 2001 ES on here! :) I haven't even gotten it back from the shop, and have not seen the car in a week. If not for Jerry's backround with the black 2001 ES in it, I would have probably forgotten what it looked like! :(

I dropped off the key only to the the car, and not the remote. By accident this morning, I grabbed the keys off the holder with the remote to the Protege instead of the one to my rental (a Saturn L-200, which also has remote). I nearly cried when I realized what I did. I hope my car is done today, or I don't know what I am going to do! :(
    I got my scanner at Office Depot over Thanksgiving for $70 with a $60 rebate.. they have the same one (or newer) for a similar price.. Nice cheap scanner. and it scans fairly nicely too.
    This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please click here to view our Remote Loading policy
    I got the same message as Chikoo did. I thought I did something wrong, but I didn't. Oh well.
    The clear turn signal lamps look huge compared to the yellow ones in there, to me anyway. They still look good, but just larger than the ones they replaced. Nice car BTW! :)
    rest assured that the clear corners are identical to the original in terms of size, it's the direct sunlight which reflects off of the corners that makes it seem bigger, plus my car's dark exterior brings it out even more.

I better enjoy my car's just-waxed shiny look, forecast says rain coming on Friday :(
    Now it's coming up as the page not being available. Seems you have no luck with picures here, so you? :)
    I got a picture of this car from http://copartfinder.com and it looks pretty bad. But notice how the roof and all held its part even though the car's in pretty bad shape. Protege safety at work!

http://copartfinder.com/pix/20000929/05719800_3X.jpg

try uploading at photopoint.com
  • theparallaxtheparallax Member Posts: 361
    I have an account at Yahoo Photos, similar to Photopoint, so I'll try there...

I have more pics at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/negatize if anyone wants to see more! Just click "My 1999 Mazda Protege LX" on the site.
  • digidavedigidave Member Posts: 48
    Hey folks, thanks for the kudos on the pic! Honestly, it's a "digidave" original, taken with a Kodak DC-120 digital camera at 1280 x 960, knocked down to 640 x 480 and compressed into jpg format using standard encoding. Of course, the right amount of bending down to get the proper reflection, and the use of the flash to fill in the dark side helped produce the desired effect.

big_h: those corners are definitely appealing...got me thinking some more...

vocus: ouch! Just looking at that picture hurts!

ZoomooZ
  • munkeyman63munkeyman63 Member Posts: 1
    I am new on this board, but seem to have a more modified Pro than most who have posted here yet, but I dont have pics yet, I will post them later this week. I am getting a custom wing, lowering springs hopefully this week. So far I have:
    Limo Tint
    16" custom alloys wheels
    Euro clear altezza tails
    JSpec Clear Corners
    Custom black mesh grille with no logo
    Aftermarket Fog lights
    Euro clear side markers
    Hyper Green Xenon headlights
    Hyper White corners
    Blue back up lights in altezzas
    Aftermarket pedals
    Decals

I will hopefully post pics on here by the end of the week when I get my grille installed and maybe I will have my new wing and 2" drop.

Adam
    99 LX
    swinging on the Uncle Ben's side there abit with the Tezzas.. What wing you putting on?
  • groharlemgroharlem Member Posts: 59
    Hehe, its a 93 LX with a hefty modification list. All I need to do now, is lower it, and get some new struts, and it will look NICE!!!

Click on the pic to enter my website :) Like all you 3rd genners care :( hehe j/k :P

• speedyptspeedypt Member Posts: 200
    Groharlem...

Great '93 LX!!! I had two '92 LX's and loved them both, especially the 5-speed. The "ultrawhite" look is especially well done. Glad to have seen it here!

Regards,

Pete
  • groharlemgroharlem Member Posts: 59
    Thanks!! Always love to see first gen enthusiasts!!
  • newpro4menewpro4me Member Posts: 14

This is our 2000 Protege ES. Just over 36K miles on it. Has a few little rock chips on the front (lots of interstate driving), but still looks great. Haven't had any problems as of yet. We are currently looking into purchasing a 2001 ES.
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    Very NICE, my friend! ;-)!!! The fogs and moonroof really dress up your PRO.

-Larry
    I really like those Mazda foglights! As must as I like the new 2001's front end, I will miss the classy 'smile' of the 99 and 00 model Protege's...
  • gitarzangitarzan Member Posts: 66
    Those are nice fogs. We don't really need them around here much, but I was thinking of aftermarkets, anyway.

After seeing the factory lights, I could not imagine anything else coming close in looks.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    that most lights billed as "Fog Lights" are actually driving lights. White light does a poor job penetrating fog, but when you put an amber filter on it you get much better results. However, white light on a clear night sure helps for spotting pot holes and other hazards as well as being able to see farther around a corner.

probably because most folks wouldn't have a clue if you asked them to compare fog lights and driving lights..
    these lights are called "City Lights".... low in height so that no one is disturbed by the BIG lights when driving around town...and you still see the potholes :)
    It's not leagal to drive(in CA at least) with only your fog/driving/"city" lights on. After dark, you are required to use headlights, city or not.

I had fog lamps put into my 1999 DX when I had it, and I had them wired to they would work with the parking/maker lamps (whatever you wanna call them). I wish the ones that came standard with my 2001 ES worked with just the marker lights on, but they don't. Think I could have them re-wired to do so?
    city lights is a concept that is used in countries other than USA - Asian/european countries where the city/towns are small sized - NOT EXTRA LARGE like america :)
  • jstandeferjstandefer Member Posts: 805
    After two and a half years and 39,000 miles, I finally have pictures of my Pro! I will have to get better ones... these are not as vibrant as I want... I wonder if I can get a polarizing filter for a digital cam...

Here's an interior shot of my beloved Momo shift knob. It's black leather and chrome and makes shifting an absolute joy!

I think some nice Katzkin grey leather seats with black inserts would look nice along with black carpeting... hmmm... time to start Photoshop...

is it just me or can anyone not see the pics?
  • jstandeferjstandefer Member Posts: 805
    I tried using Yahoo! Photos, but the links don't work. I have reposted them using PhotoPoint instead. It looks like they're working now!
    Jerry,

You can get them from Tiffen:

http://www.tiffen.com/

I have their circular polarizer for my Epson and that thing works magic on all that California sun!

• protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    For a tad under 40,000 miles, your car looks "marvelous"! VERY nice job with the detailing. Jerry, you should be very proud. The 99/00 still have that classic Euro look.

-Larry
    Nice! My favorite color is Classic Red - too bad they don't make it anymore. If I would have known about classic red and saw it in person, I most likely would have gotten that instead of Sand Mica. There's this 99 Classic Red LX I see around town here and it just looks GREAT!
  • fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Instead of a polarizing filter try using Unsharp mask in Photopshop. Try different percentages: 70%, 90%, 100% up to see what it does. Don't go too high or it will cause fringing and grain.

Unsharp masking eleminates unnecessary pixels where colors blend into each other, and puts a highlight around high-contrast colors.

I downloaded your pic to experiment with and will e-mail it to you. If it works on 72dpi.

Beautiful job on the car.

By the way, all AF cameras (digital and film) should use a circular (spiral) Polarizing filter.

fowler3
    GO! I do wish Mazda would change the radio antenna!
    The one they are using dates back to the &#146;70&#146;s! Sheesh, it&#146;s OLD.

I&#146;ve considered having the holes filled in and painted over and installing a standard mast antenna on a fender.

fowler3
    I&#146;ll give your pic a shot too.

One thing you can do is use Brightness and Contrast controls in an editing program such as Adobe Photo Deluxe, if it came with your camera&#146;s software.

Increase the Brightness, but don't blow out the highlights. Then increase the Contrast which strengthens the colors and darkens the black shadow areas.

Do this before saving as jpeg.

fowler3
    I like the antenna up high. I can get a Baltimore radio station all the way up to Delaware almost. Also, it makes the design look cleaner where it is. And you can always put it all the way in if you wish to.
    I was able to sharpen your picture. How do I e-mail it to you?

Think Jerry's has already been given the Unsharp Mask treatment. ;)

fowler3
    I finally got some new pics of my 1999 Protege LX developed and put online. Click on 'New pics of my 99 Mazda Protege' in the link below to view them. Tell me what you guys think...

http://photos.yahoo.com/negatize

This discussion has been closed.