Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Protege Owners: Photo Gallery

Comments

• nikecarnikecar Member Posts: 460
    cool pics... that zoom zoom sticker.. that isn't from the dealer now was it?
  • theparallaxtheparallax Member Posts: 361
    Nah, I made it on my computer, I'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to print it out decently. (White ink jet paper doesn't cut it)
    you could always take it to a printing shop. I took a logo I had scanned and they did it for $20 for 4 stickers...
  • ashutoshsmashutoshsm Member Posts: 1,007
    Finally!

I scanned some pictures of my White 95 DX after I waxed it last month, and posted them at
    http://photos.yahoo.com/ashutoshsm
    (Tried to post the html link, but couldn't figure out how, got to rush!)

Just 4 photos, for now!

I forgot to scan in a photo of three generations of Proteges (including mine) that were parked together - a white 95 DX (mine), a white 97 LS and a silver 00 ES. Will, one of these days!

Notice that I haven't taken any of the front or front left corner - that's where it was dinged in the parking lot in Februrary, boo hoo!

And no, I don't have clear corners in the front, thats just the extra dim (or parking) lights, the blinkers are on the front bumper, lage and old-fashined, but quite cool IMHO :-)

ps: Not too many others have added their pix! I'd love to see a few non ES, somewhat older ones here to compare how other cars of this age have held up - mine seems to be the only pre-2000 non-ES, except for protegetechs 97 or 98 LX there!
    doesn't let you link pics... try clubphoto.com its free..
  • sunbyrnesunbyrne Member Posts: 210
    I just picked up a silver Protege5, and I have some pics (along with links to all the reviews I could find):

http://byrneweb.com/sunburn/newcar/

Let me know what you think, and let's see some pics from other new Pro5 owners!
  • jstandeferjstandefer Member Posts: 805
    Congratulations!! That is a beautiful car!! I bet your neighbors are jealous!!!! Zoom-Zoom!
    Thanks, I'm certainly happy with it. And tomorrow morning, I should complete the 600-mile break-in, so I can really zoom-zoom. :-)
  • sfratsfrat Member Posts: 208
    Nice car. I just bout an 01 ES earlier this year, and sometimes I wish I'd waited for the P5. I love the appearence extras on the P5, really give the car a sport look, esp the front. Happy driving.
    Thanks. I was originally hoping my old car would hold up another year and then I was planning on a Passat wagon. But then Mazda came out with the Pro5 and my car started acting up, so zoom-zoom I went. I have to agree with you--I love the styling, especially the front, so I'm thrilled it worked out this way...
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    Very nice pics, my friend. Enjoy the "Pride in Ownership" of your PRO!
    ;-)

-Larry
    Larry--hey, actually now I'm a "protegextwo" also! That is, my wife has a 99 LX. We don't quite have the matching cars you have, but we do now have two Proteges. :-)
    Never been to Houston, however; I work for Carlson World Wide(TGI Friday's) and their headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I visited Dallas last March and stayed in the Richardson area. Had a great time! BTW, you are truly a "protegextwo family", feel free to use the term any time. LOL!!!

Respectfully,
    Larry
  • protege_fanprotege_fan Member Posts: 2,405
    how to post a pic on this page?
    I just got one of my Pro.
    It's not the best pic, but I like it.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pro_fan
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Click on "How to post a photo" in the Additional Resources box, located in the sidebar. It will take you to the first post in this discussion that contains instructions.

If you have any difficulty, let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    got some pics of my '01 LX 2.0 online. Unfortunately I had to use Yahoo, so here's the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/protege_fan

These pics were taken before I put on the hood deflector. I have to wash it again take pics with the hood deflector on so I can do a camparo. I'm also hoping to get a side-by-side of my LX next to my friend's P5. I'll let you know when I get those up. Tell me what you think!

Pro_fan

Michael, very nice job with photos! Did you just wax your PRO-LX before taking pictures? It looks sharp, dude! If I ever get to Calgary, I will visit for a test drive! ;-)

-Larry
  • yooper53yooper53 Member Posts: 286
    What protegextwo said. Sorry to beat this to death but it looks soooo much better without the trunk handle. If only I could justify the expense of remedying the situation. Ahh, well!
    Hopefully, I can get some pics in full sunlight. After a good wash, of course! Right now the Pro's a little dirty from my trip this weekend.

PF
  • kaiserheadkaiserhead Member Posts: 166
    Protege Fan,

Nice ride, I hope you're planning on doing something about those hub caps though. I'm not sure what Mazda was thinking when they decided to faux crome them up like that.

Kaiserhead,
    Toronto, ON
  • probroprobro Member Posts: 5
    heh, well here is the pics to my pro again:

• vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    None of them showed up. You have to use Photopoint as the image hoster I think.
  • eeterpeeterp Member Posts: 33
    Rotary Performance did the turbo for the P5. Here's some links to pics. The orange one is the balistic protege. It has a crazy audio/video system.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/protegetech/message/31271

• firstgenprotegfirstgenproteg Member Posts: 1
    here is a link to all those pics above if they didn't show up:

http://groharlem.tripod.com/pics2.htm

How much would a turbo package for the P5/2.0 engine in the Protege run anyway? Just curious. :)
    Vocus,

A turbo setup has a pretty good range in price. It depends on what you want and the install charges of the particular shop you use. Some things like an intercooler, turbo timer, wastegate, boost controller, air/fuel controller, larger fuel pump and injectors aren't always necessary but, are usually recommended.

If you know how much hp you want, you can roughly determine how much boost you need. The amount of boost will determine the other things you need.

Seriously, I'm waiting for a turbo kit to be produced rather than piecing together junk yard parts. I'm expecting $2000-2500 for a kit.
    I would love to be able to get a turbo for my ES. I would want the basic minimum parts though, but of course everything I need. I didn't think a turbo timer was necessary though, since alot of turbo engines don't have those. I do definitely want all the other stuff though, because I would wanna make the engine/turbo last as long as possible. Any idea when the package would become avaiable that you spoke about?
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583

It took me 15 months to go this far!
    Mine turned 10K about a year ago...

And here's the big 20K...

• twistinmelontwistinmelon Member Posts: 90
    You took a photo of your odometer while going fifty miles an hour?

LOL

twist
    ...Yep! :) I had my camera next to me wating for the big 10K. I was hoping it'd change at a stoplight but I wasn't anywhere near one. Thankfully the highway wasn't busy at the time I took the pic...if it was I would have stopped. :)
    Someone recently posted a photo of their BMW 325i doing 135 (governor limited) on the AutoBahns in Germany - when they took Euro-Delivery.

Apparently the 3-series have a 1000 mile running in period, and they'd just crossed it - and decided to gun her and see what she could do! Quite scary, although it seems the passenger took the odometer photograph!

I'd post the message/link - but I couldn't find it, that board posts more prolifically than our Protege Sedan board!

Interestingly enough, that car had still not redlined, perhaps it was a 330i!
    I have already turned over 10,000 miles in TWO Proteges. :) One in my 1999 DX, the other in my 2001 ES. And up to 37K in the DX in 20 months. :)
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    any idea what times were run?
    Although, I've heard that we'll see some 9 and 10 second proteges next year. I can't wait. I'd be in the stands waving a Mazda flag just like people at formula 1 races wave ferrari flags.
  • newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    On photo 8 of 27 on that photo gallery with the blue Protege in front of the bridge, WHERE did that grill come from? I want one.
    I think its the Australian one.. notice the right hand drive. I've seen other cars under a bridge similar to that and they were shot in Australia...
  • fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Have those P5's been lowered or are the tires BIG?
    How do they turn their wheels?

fowler3
    both of the Pros this week and though I should take a pic while both are all shiny:

http://byrneweb.com/sunburn/newcar/twopros.jpg

The 99 LX has 42,000 miles on it and the Pro5 has 9000 miles on it. I must say, a thorough washing and waxing makes a much bigger difference for the dark colored car...

• dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    drop by our Yahoo! page. Ask Meade on the sedan page for the address
    Gotta love it when both of 'em are clean!
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    reminds me of AudiRS version.
    That's exactly why I got them. Reminded me of those Audi S4 wheels.
    What wheels are those? What size tires did you throw on - looks like a 16" (or larger) with sub 50% profile (?)

I've been thinking about a wheel upgrade for (ever) a while now, and those photographs made me drool!
This discussion has been closed.