Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jaguar XJ-Series

Comments

• Options
    im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    It gets better...

Here's a pic:

http://www.vauxhallpa.50megs.com/pimp.jpg

Its' actually in really beautiful condition. Doing something for a friend of a friend. Now I have to find a buyer...oy..

Glad the VDP worked out for ya. $5,600? Pass. I rarely find extended warranties to be worth the $$... You have some rish with a used car, but in taking that risk you saved $27K or so off what you'd pay for a new one. The way I see it anyways :)

Bill

• Options
    97vdpguy97vdpguy Member Posts: 111
    Holy Toledo!!

I spent $2800 to add a non-Jaguar warranty to my car that covers pretty much everything with a $100 fee per service call (not per item). It covers my car for an additional 5 years or up to 100,000 miles. I can still have my local Jag dealer perform the service.

Friday, I'll find out if the front underliner that ripped on a parking lot "tombstone" is covered.
  • Options
    kelakela Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info. I'm going back to the mechanic on Saturday. Instead of replacing all 4 brake pads again, he wants to replace them one at a time with Jaguar pads (process of elimination). So maybe the one that was just replaced on Saturday isn't the one squeaking now (only logical). I'll see what happens when they've all been replaced with Jaguar pads--I'm going to insist that the others be replaced at the same time. If this doesn't work, maybe I'll give your guy a call. Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    pluskinpluskin Member Posts: 79
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=3441&n=156,178&sid=178

The link has a spy shot of one of the prototypes. Camoflauged of course, but it shows the roof line at least. Some misinformation in the article though.

• Options
    Anyone have any opinions on the use of an aluminum body for X350? Good, bad, indifferent?
  • Options
    bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    Thanks for your advice, brentwoodvolvo, but it's gone. Rats and double rats. Oh well, I have only myself to blame.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• Options
    Dang,

I was gonna ask ya color and lcoation for myself...

Oh well.

Pluskin: Thanks for the pics :)

Bill
  • Options
    vusicvusic Member Posts: 53
    Where did you purchase? I looked here on Edmunds and it said there was none available.
    Bill, I know I'll catch some flak for this, but I actually thought those Sevilles were pretty cool. I thought the designers took a bold "retro" risk on that one with the trunk. Just for info sake (if your comforatable with it), how much?
    More manufacturers should be taking those risks.
    Too many bean counters taking the passion out of design these days IMHO.
  • Options
    I kinda like it myself :)

$7500 is the asking price, 78K mile... repainted, but a really nice car.

Bill
  • Options
    I bought my warranty policy thru my Jag dealer at the time of sale. The car was not eligible for the Select Edition warranty, and the one I bought was the one they offered as an alternative. I'll look at my warranty book and give you the company name.
  • Options
    lucnoellucnoel Member Posts: 31
    Pablo,
    Like you know,I also have 2001 XJR and have been complaining about the lack of REAL leather in it.
    I have some important informations about it but,since it is not a done deal yet, I would like you to contact me, instead of putting out on this site yet.
    My E-mail is lucnoel@aol.com
    Luc.
  • Options
    jwilson1jwilson1 Member Posts: 956
    All I know of aluminum bodies, pluskin, is referenced to Audi, as their A8 is an all aluminum and I was considering one. Until they explained how they handle it in case of a wreck: They give you a loaner, of course, but pick up the car on a flat bed and cart it a couple of hundred miles (from me) to a special body shop in Stamford, CT where they have the tools and know-how to deal with it.

I asked the insurance agent I use about collision coverage. She just laughed.

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • Options
    The company that underwrites the warranty I have is RepairMaster, although it appears to actually be from a company called Warrantech Automotive. I have the "Ultimate 2000" coverage.

The phone number on the back of my booklet is 1-800-577-6624. They show a web address of http://www.warrantech.com.

My coverage appears to include: Engine, transmission, drive axle, transfer case, electrical, steering, a/c, brakes, front/rear suspension, enhanced electrical (seats, sunroof, steering wheel, etc), fuel delivery, cooling.

There is an exclusion list, but this is the most comprehensive policy they offered. There is a $100 deductible per visit. My dealer told me that I could report multiple problems in the same visit and they would all be covered by the same $100 payment.

Hope that helps..

• Options
    pablo_lpablo_l Member Posts: 491
    Several cars out there have alu chassis and body. The Audi A8, for example. The insurance rate is not higher than an XJ8's.
  • Options
    Current production cars in aluminum:
    Acura NSX
    Lotus Elise
    Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220
    Audi A8
    Audi A2
    BMW Z8
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    Panoz Esperante
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. That seems a lot more in the ball park. I was originally thinking 2k tops, but 2.8k for 5 additional years seems close. We don't put alot of miles on our cars (but we seem to be jockeying a lot for the VDP keys). Let me know if they covered that parking incident.

Pluskin: Car and Driver just did a comparo with the Esperante. They picked the Porsche (go figure), but the Panoz held its own very well. I especially like the hunkered down line of the car.
    Reminds me of my A.H. 3000.
  • Options
    Have you guys sold those Caddys yet?
    If I had a Texas sized garage............I'd want both of 'em.

DC
  • Options
    Not yet...

It may actually end up in either Bremen, Germany or Manchester, England from the looks of things! Go figure, eh?

Bill
  • Options
    well, it seems that "damage" caused by one's own misfortune at pulling too far forward in a parking stall is not covered by the warranty..

The underliner bonnet ran around $200 with labor. It's a light material that tends to tear when you impale it on a parking lot tombstone spike.
  • Options
    Dont feel bad...

I ripped a ton of them off :))

Bill
  • Options
    marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    Well, I must say that my impressions of Jaguar have certainly been radically altered in the last year, after being a member of Town Hall...Altho I have been associated with the auto industry
    for almost 30 years, I did not realize that Fords purchase of Jaguar has been so successful in raising standards of quality and reliability...My knowledge of Jag was a division of British Leyland, which meant that your car (MG, Triumph, Austin Healey, etc.) would usually run at least two days a week, never when it rained, maybe when it was cloudy...Jag was a brand to admire yet avoid at the same
    time...However, Jag always had the rep of a vehicle, when it was running properly, would fly... So, my last year of posting, I have wandered between the dream cars of BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Lexus...never considered a Jag...Apparently, since 1996, the world of Jag has changed...I became much more conscious of all Jags when the S-type came out, as the S was a vehicle you cannot miss on the road...I also had the opinion that the aforementioned German and Japanese vehicles would someday be in my price range, but Jag would never be affordable...Not so...Suddenly, Jag ownership, while not in my immediate future, can certainly be in my near future...Reading the classifieds, these prices don't seem outrageous; as soon as I get a little debt paid down, one of these might be affordable. A sampling:1997 XJ6L, 70K, $29,000; 1996 XJ6, 70K, $20,500; 1997 XJ6, 41K, $24,990; 1999 XJ8L, $31,900; 1999XJ8L, Silver/Char, Select Ed, 6/100K Warr, $32,995 (This sounds intriguing, and just a little more than a new 300M);1998 XJ8, 43K, $28,500; and on and on.

Those who have met me in other topics know that I usually have a carload (pun intended) of questions that I would like answered prior to stepping on a dealer lot...and we seem to have a
    healthy roster of great posters, one of the most civilized topics in the TH, along with just a few others...in fact, it takes longer to scan this topic because everyone has so much to say and no one wastes any time flaming others...a welcome change...so as not to disappoint anyone familiar with me, LET THE INTERROGATION BEGIN!!! ...P.S... forgive the long post if I have bored anyone to tears...

1.why only Castrol Oil...won't Valvoline, Pennzoil, be sufficient?

2.why only Pirelli tires...won't Dunlop, Yokohama be sufficient?

3.what exactly is Select Edition and who determines that?

4.please explain what one gets when one upgrades to Vanden Plas, and approx how much more is it worth, and is it a good deal (a good package) for what one gets?

5.are sport packages (HD springs, shocks, thicker sway bars) available with Jags, on which models is it available, do any models have it standard, or do all Xjs have the identical suspension and, if so, do they all handle the same?

6.do the XJ6s have sufficient power to accelerate well with, say 3 adults in the car, or would the engine strain, making me better off with an XJ8?

7.I would intend to carry adult passengers in the rear...is the plain XJ6 or XJ8 sufficient in length, would they be just slightly cramped, or should I confine myself to the the L's, XJ6L, XJ8L, and is VDP always on an L frame?...when one purchases an "L", does that automatically include other upgraded options, or does one ONLY get an elongated frame with no other upgrades?

8.I understand the various models when looking at GM or Ford or Honda, but when I look at Jag I am somewhat confused on what model and options are available with Jag...XJ6, XJ6L, XJ8,
    XJ8L, XJR, VDP, Sovereign...can anyone explain, as apparently some options available with one style are not available with another...at least I understood the difference between a Cutlass, 442, Supreme, Delta 88, 98, etc., but Jag designations, because they are new to me, do confuse me.

9.Any real advantage (or necessity) in looking at supercharged engines?...this may really be a followup to my question 6 about 6 vs 8 cyl engines...how long do superchargers last, has anyone replaced one, how much did it cost, and how old was it when you replaced it, was it covered by warranty?

10.are HID xenon headlights standard?...an option?...

11.I realize my questions probably appear as an essay test for a Doctorate in Jaguars, but any thoughtful answers (and I would expect nothing less from this distinguished group) would be helpful to me and any other newcomers out there. Thanks for your consideration.

Bob
  • Options
    1/2 ... don't know.

3.what exactly is Select Edition...

I think it's the extra warranty program. They claim they inspect some thousand aspects of the car. If you're buying used, you can ask them to throw in the additional coverage as an extra if they don't budge on price. Repairs can be quite pricey.

4.please explain what one gets when one upgrades to Vanden Plas...

Cushier leather interior. The switch gear remains out of the Ford bin, which defeats the prupose a bit. You get the wooden picnic tables, too. A bit more of an Old World atmosphere. Oh, and standard wool mats. Don't let your car cleaner come anywhere near them with his cleaner. They are ruined very easily and cost over $600 to replace (I had some thrown in into my XJR, and they shed like a Persian cat with psyorrasis).

5.are sport packages (HD springs, shocks, thicker sway bars) available with Jags...

Nope, not in the US. A silly policy how US policy that probably still comes from times when Jags didn't sell and dealers were mortally afraid of winding up with unpopular options cars on their lots.

The "R" models come with the upgraded sport stuff, standard, including the supercharged engine.

6.do the XJ6s have sufficient power to accelerate well with, say 3 adults in the car...

Yeah, they do. They're 240HP or so. Not a slow car, especially since the 4l 6 cyl engine is torquey.

7.I would intend to carry adult passengers in the rear...is the plain XJ6 or XJ8 sufficient in length, would they be just slightly cramped...

rear room is one of the common criticisms. I am 6'1, and unless I am driven cross country I love the Jag interior. It is cozier than others. You are more confined, but being confined in a Jag's materials doesn't feel half as bad.

But go for the L or VDP if you want far more room.

8... models ..

Very simple with Jag. You jst got a few, and the options are very short. Typically just nav system and cell.

9.Any real advantage (or necessity) in looking at supercharged engines?...

No one *needs* 370HP. But it sure is fun, even though very thirsty if you let your right fot become to playful.

10.are HID xenon headlights standard?...an option?...

No xenon lights, no. That surprised me, too. The lights are very good, though.
  • Options
    I can't give you a technical reason why, but I have Pirelli's on my '99 VDP. My father and I were just in the twisties and he couldn't believe we were driving a 2 ton sedan (very composed in "sport suspension" mode).
    Tires have a lot to do with that.
    I tried some Yokahamas on my Porsche 930 after a recommendation from my tire guy. In the first hard turn they squealed badly (can you say "understeeeeeeeeer"). I took the car back and had them put the Pirelli's on (for a little more money). After letting the tires set, I took it to the twisties again. There was no comparison. The Pirelli's were great.
    I can't comment on Dunlops and Yokahama does make some fine tires, but in this particular case, I'd keep on the Pirelli's.
  • Options
    rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    I think everybody is reccomending Castrol simply because it's British. So long as you get a high quality, name brand oil, and use the right viscosity, and change it often, you should do fine.
  • Options
    I'm going to need to replace mine also. We're still getting used to the length of the car.
    I went to the Warrantech web page to see if I could purchase independently from a dealer. They seem to be geared to wholesale. Not much I could glean as an end consumer. I'll try the phone number Monday morning.
  • Options
    You might try your local Jag dealer. Mine sells the Warrantech warranty whenever the Select Edition isn't possible. Your dealer should have an alternative available.

Did you say you tried the links off the Edmunds pages? I think they also have a similar third-party warranty that can be added to any car.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Select Edition Warranty:

If the used Jag has less than 50,000 miles on it and it has been less than 4 years from the original in-service date (i.e., the date it was first sold), then a dealer can (at their option) elect to perform a 120-point inspection on the car, fix anything that is deficient, and then cover the car with Jaguar's Select Edition warranty.

This coverage takes the standard Jaguar warranty up to six years (from the original in-service date) and up to [I think] 100,000 miles.

The dealer does not have to do this however, as it costs them around $1,800. If they can make it up in profit on the car, they'll typically do it. Otherwise, they may opt not to.

If you read this whole forum, you'll find most of the answers covered in previous postings.

Bill, I stole your factoids. Did I get them right?

I don't know about the S-type being all that unique. If you come up on a Mercury Sable or a Ford Taurus SES from the rear, you'll swear you're about to pass an S-type.
  • Options
    I decided to see what a warranty would go for on a recent (hypothetical) XJ no longer under warranty so gave AAA a call. I asked re: a 98 XJ8 w/52000 miles. I told them I ordinarily drive 12,000 -- 15,000 mi./yr.

They recommended the 'gold' coverage which means 5 years (from when I purchase the warranty), or 100,000 miles for $2579. Not bad, imo.

Thanks for the correction to my agent's assumptions on insuring aluminum bodies!

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • Options
    Well,

It does and it doesnt cost $1,800-2K or so. Thats what I used to have to spend on them in recon if I was selling them as SEs (Typical recon on a Jag... Tires..brakes..30K serv..etc..)

Dealer cost on the warranty was something like 895 or so in 99, probably more now. I used to offer the warranty to people for $1,395 at the time of sale. We didnt automatically include it bewcause we did a lot of 2 year leases. If the car has 22 months of warranty left and has 22K miles and youre leasing it for 24mos/24K miles.. Why spend the $$?

But at $1,395 its' a no brainer IMHO.

Bill
  • Options
    lesliejoylesliejoy Member Posts: 62
    Has anyone bought an extended warranty from a company called "Warranty Direct"? They are on the internet. Prices are about $1,000 cheaper than the dealers through Warrantech. They offer a bumper to bumper warranty. My 4 year jaguar warranty runs out in March of 2002. Trying to do some research before then. Please let me know what companies anyone has dealt with. Thanks!
  • Options
    My dealer told me that unless you buy the car from a dealership, they cannot do a select edition warranty. Told me I would have to sell them the car, and then buy it back from them - yeah right, like I would do that!
  • Options
    Forgot to mention - the quote I got for my 1998 XJ8-L with 15,000 miles was $1875 for 7 years/70,000 miles with 0 deductible.

(Warrantech, through the dealer, was about $2800 with a deductible).
  • Options
    $1,875? Thats not a bad price at all!

And the dealer is correct. For them to select edition the car they first have to report the car to Jaguar as being intheir inventory (Which Jag dealers are supposed to do on every used Jaguar).

THEN they can certify it as a Select Edition. It is done that way to prevent them from selling SE warranties to any car off the street (This is done mainly to protect Jaguar).

Bill
  • Options
    arcoatesarcoates Member Posts: 221
    marsha- here's some food for thought- the XJ6's have as much torque as the current XJ8's. Therefore, you won't notice the power off the line. It's only when doing highspeed cruising with a car load of people that you may be a little slower. But, in my opinion, the I6 is much more traditional than the V8, and I like it better~ A.R.
  • Options
    Correct.

I've got an XJ8 and an XJ6 outside a the moment (a 99 Titanium XJ8 I picked up and my trusty red 97).

I actually feel a little off the line.. but not much below 30.

Above 30 tho, the XJ8 is a freaking ROCKET.

Bill
  • Options
    I don't know - granted I have an XJR, and it's simply faster than anyone really needs. But the normal 8 and 6 cyls to me are pretty fast cars, period. They are just deceptively smooth, and thus seem somewhat sluggish off the line... but fact is you see practically all other cars disappearing in your rear window. It was true with my trusty old XJS (God, I miss that car), and also most certainly with the XJ8 I had as a temporary car.
  • Options
    to underline your comment, pablo. In the nearest city (Worcester, MA) the so-named "Grand Nationals" were just held. The show attracts over 10,000 owners of old American cars and, especially, hot rods. One of the favorite events of the weekend, repeated on three nights, is the "burn-out."

In this event, a hot rod lines up on a special pad. At a signal the driver tries to spin the tires until they ignite. The goal is to entirely destroy a set of tires in one 'burn out.' Extra points are awarded if the car DOESN'T move! This year a guy pulled up to the line in a BMW (the paper didn't say which model) and wasn't able to even leave rubber or a loud squeal; he was booed off the line as "euro trash."

I'll bet no one here was present for the festivities:)

But I do enjoy looking at the hot rods.

Take care.
    Joe W.
  • Options
    site, I am somewhat confused...if one looks at info for XJ6 or XJ8 after 1996, it is really called the X40 or X300...XJ seems to be cars from 1996 down to the 1980s or so...is that right?

I am trying to find various models, colors, etc for 1997 and above XJ6, XJ8, L series, VDP, etc, but zeroing in on the info I seek is not as simple as I thought, because I do not seem to follow the organization of the board as easily as I assumed...
  • Options
    sho3sho3 Member Posts: 28
    Texas Direct has a 98 Vander Plas with 73,000 miles for $24,000 the colors are Black exterior
    and ivory interior. How do you determine if you
    are getting a good price for a high mileage Jaguar? Since Bill has convince me that Jaguars
    are bullet proof and high miles will not be a problem. I'm trying to find a 98 XJ8L or Vander
    Plas that will fit my budget <=$25,000
  • Options
    sikorski1sikorski1 Member Posts: 6
    My 98 XJ8 just got hit in a parking lot. The drivers rear quarter panel was dented in and will need to be repaired. It is Sapphire (Dark Blue) and I was wondering, what I should be asking the Body Shop about paint spec's, or anything else. I got two quotes from two places. They both use silkkens paint. What should my concerns be what should I ask about? I want the car to look as good as new and both places say it will.
  • Options
    lucnoellucnoel Member Posts: 31
    don't want to sound too negatif here' but it is very RARE to find a body shop,not that said that the car will look as good than new, they all said that,but that will MAKE the car look like new.
    Especialy on a dark color.
    Try to look at a few cars,dark colors if possible,that they just did.
    Look for over spray,paint lines on exterior trim, did they remove the trim or just tape it?
    Look closely at the repaired panel,do you see "orange peel" or any sanding marks?
    How is the clear coat,any scratches in it?
    Do you see any runs or pinholes or bumps in the paint?
    May be you should contact your Jaguar dealer and let them sub-contract the work.
    Like that if you are not happy with the end result,you will have a better chance to have it corrected if it is not up to Jaguar paint quality/specification.

Luc.
  • Options
    Although I have yet to find time to shop properly for extended warranties, thanks to everyone with info. I'm sure I'll save at least a few thousand because of this forum.

Price: '96(7?) VDP with 51K miles at www.expomotorcars.com....$21.9. For reference.

Paint: I agree with Luc. Also, a good indicator is look at the cars in the lot that have been or are going to be repaired. If they're cars of the same caliber as yours, they probably have a good rep for doing quality work. If the lot is filled with run of the mill vehicles, you might want to keep shopping.

I still haven't received my owners manual for my wife's '99 VDP. Can anyone tell me how to program the garage door openers?

DC
  • Options
    rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    A "real" XJ6, according to purists, anyway, are the models made from 1969 until 1987. XJ40's are the more squared off Jags (look for rectangle taillights) from 1988 until 1994, and the X300 is the 1995-1997 Jags. Some call the 1998 & newer X300's, and some call them the X308, the last number denoting the V-8 engine. Sound simple enough? Now for the really confusing stuff. For quite a while, the XJ6 and XJ40 were being made at the same time. XJ40 production actually started in 1986, although the 86 & 87's are rare, and best avoided. The Series 3 XJ wasn't sold in the US after 1987, but Jaguar continued making them for foreign markets all the way up to 1992! So if you ask what year denotes an XJ, what year an XJ40, and what year an X300/308, the correct answer is "Uh...."
  • Options
    thanks...and you're right...but if I can learn the various nomenclatures for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, etc...I may have the IQ to learn Jags...
  • Options
    First, there is a wonderful website you should check out: http://www.homelink.com/faq/faq.html. This is the company that makes the system and they have all sorts of information available.

The frequency range the homelink uses may not be compatible with your opener. I have a Sears/Craftsman door opener and it operates in a higher frequency band than the in-car system so I can't use it..

To program the buttons, you first want to make sure they are not already programmed. Press and hold both the #1 and #4 buttons for about 20 seconds. The red light will start to flash. Then let go of both buttons. You have just erased all four memory settings.

To program an individual button, move away from your garage door, else this next step will cause the door to move!

Hold your remote unit up to your car's ceiling, just in front of the row of homelink buttons. Simultaneously press and hold both the garage-door remote and one of the 4 homelink buttons. When you first press the homelink button, the red light will shine steady. Hold both buttons in until the red light begins to blink, then release both buttons.

You have supposedly now programmed your car to open your garage door. To confirm this, if you press and hold only the homelink button you just programmed, the red light should blink after a few seconds.

The homelink website has information about how to program "rolling code" openers, as the procedure may be different.

Also, find and read your garage door opener instruction manual. You may need to "train" your garage door to recognize the new opener in your car. There is a generic procedure described on the Homelink website.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    $24K I suppose OK.. but I know they can be had cheaper.

Remember.. really high miles=really low price.

I recently saw a 60K mile silver 98 VDP do like $22K at auction down here...

Bill
  • Options
    lobarkerlobarker Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

I need advise and I will take all I can get. There is a 1995 XJ6 for sale that I am thinking about buying. My income supports that of a Toyota Civic not a Jag. But the cost of the car is approx. $16,000.00 nearly the same as a new Civic, so which would you pick? {From a used car place not a dealership}.

The car has 66,000 miles on it, (vin# sajhx1745sc722919). What is the reputation of this model? Am I getting into deep water with repairs, what kind of repairs am I looking at? What should I look out for mechanically? How much should I spend?

Thank you for any help, advise and support you can offer me. I can not drive my 15 year old rusty Toyota forever.

Love,
    Lorraine
    lobarker@juno.com
    Fairfax Virginia, 34, single, 5'9", thin, blond-blue, hot looking
    any single guys out there, a date wouldn't be bad either:)
  • Options
    By all means, get a Jag!! Wouldn't your friends just turn green!!

Since you live in Fairfax, you should check out Rosenthal Jaguar in Tyson's corner. The prices of their used Jags run from about $10K to about $50K. I would recommend getting the car from a Jag dealer. The reason being that there is a good chance that they put the car through an inspection and fixed anything it needed. If the car has less than 50,000 miles on it and is less that 4 years old (from the time of original sale), it would be covered by Jaguar's "Select Edition" warranty that will give you up to 2 more years of bumper-to-bumper coverage. A Honda dealer with a Jag on the lot can't do that.

While some people have had problems with pre-'96 XJ6's, others have had no problems whatsoever. There seems to be a consensus that the 96/97's are pretty good. The electrical system of the car was overhauled in 1998, so later model cars may be appear a little more "reliable", but honestly, I'm quite happy with my '97 and it's old wiring harness. The V8 was introduced in 1998, replacing the XJ6's "in-line six".

For the money you're talking, you should be able to find a couple other Jags to choose from.

Scroll back to around message #100 and start reading from there. You'll find a lot of useful information in this forum.

Get the Jag... Honda's don't have a leaper on the hood!
  • Options
    Hey, did you guys happen to know that Jag's that are sold in Europe, don't have a leaper? Unfortunately, there are pedestrian protection laws on the books, and they seem to think that leapers are capable of spearing someone that is stupid enough to get in your way. Just not the same without them.
  • Options
    shehzadshehzad Member Posts: 52
    Hey Lorraine--Look in todays Washington Post as well. A nice 95vdp w/ 48k for 19,995 or something. I imagine he'd be negotiable to at least 17,5 or something. I just glanced over the ad, but for some reason am thinking it's being sold by the owner and not a dealer. It's going to be hard to find one under warranty with the age you're looking at, so my suggestion is this--look around and take your time looking--Jag's aren't very hard to find, and don't sell very quickly from what I've seen--just get one that you trust the history on (make sure to take it to a dealer to get it checked out b/f you buy). Get the carfax results, take it to rosenthal, and have them go over it bumper to bumper. And definitely--if you're looking for a date, you'll get a lot more looks in the jag (Billy bob to Ray bob--"Gee, I wonder who the sexy lady is in the jag")--than in a civic :)