Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Impala: Meet the Owners

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Impala!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live club chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays: 4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays: 5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET, 6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET, 7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• cookie01cookie01 Member Posts: 369
    Thanks Karen.... (what happened to L8Pex, or whatever???)

I've been posting and lurking here for more than a year. I leased my 2000 Impala in Jan, 2000. It's a base model option package II, Navy, blue interior with all the bells and whistles,3.8 lt engine, even the sunroof. Love that car.

An idea for a sub-topic might be a discussion on various repairs. Some owners have engine cradle weld problems and a few other things.

My car has run smoothly and perfectly for nearly 15,000 miles now.

Happy driving! And welcome to the club pals. !
  • hggrayhggray Member Posts: 24
    I'm the same old "hggray" that's been hanging around the Chevrolet Impala I-XI boards for the past eighteen months or so. I have a 2000 Torch Red Base Model (3400 engine) and live in Prescott, Arizona.

I think this will be a much better format for addressing specific maintenance issues as they arise and, what the heck, it's only one more place we'll have to check while we're here...
  • gkimpala00gkimpala00 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I have been a read only member for about 1 year. I have a 2000 Impala lS Jade Green with about 16,000 miles on it. I do have the
    dreaded cradle pops and have the shims on order.
    One thing I have been reading on the forum is other owners have stated the popping stopped. I have found this to be temperature related. The colder it is the less the popping becomes. I have also found out that weight also is an influence.
    Now that I have joined up I will be reporting more often.

Gene
  • sweetpollysweetpolly Member Posts: 99
    I've been around awhile as well. I have a 2000 Medium Regal Blue LS Impala, fully loaded, including leather seats and sunroof, purchased in Jan. 2000. I'm up to 16,000 plus miles, I live in Los Angeles and really love driving my Impala around town. I think it's wonderful having a forum we can discuss, compare, vent or just correspond, in general. I believe it's important for us to keep each other informed on what's happening with our cars and how we work to resolve problems when they arise.
  • bdimebdime Member Posts: 130
    I've been checking several cars and topics for the last month and bought a
    2001 Impala LS in Navy blue on Sat. The CD player and radio controls/cruise
    on the steering wheel were big pluses that helped me with my decision (I was
    looking at a Grand Prix GT or a small SUV) So far I'm very pleased and hope
    my build date of 8/00 means I avoided the engine cradle problems. Hey- I
    found a Sheet in my trunk with different size prints and code #'s with a bar code
    on the top and the title Marriage plant #1 anyone know what it's for and if I
    should hold onto it?
  • night_owl1night_owl1 Member Posts: 760
    I own a 2001 black LS with 5K miles on it. I also run the Impala How-To page.

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/impala/

I agree the controls on the steering wheel are great. Now if they could only install a drink dispenser...

Never heard of the sheet you mention. But save everything! =)

• jijcojijco Member Posts: 49
    bdime! Don't tell anyone about that paper! It was mistakenly put in your car instead of the Silver '01 LS belonging to X-Files FBI agents investigating the conspiracy to get more pay and jobs for welders in the United Auto Workers to fix the aluminum engine cradles! Actually, probably just some misplaced routine assembly plant paper work. Shouldn't be important unless you noticed men in business suits and dark sunglasses following you! Just kidding! Sorry!
    I am a 40yr. old male from Honolulu, HI. I have a fully loaded '00 LS, galaxy silver metallic, grey leather seats, build date 01/00. Bought the one in the new car show at the local Convention Center on my 40th B-day. Got a 401K loan from my work and bought it cash! I really wanted a navy blue metallic LS w/o the sunroof, but wanted the car right away! Now I like the silver, I think it shows the car's details better, hence, use in most of the TV/print ads. Besides, it doesn't get as hot as the darker colors. Runs real good, and everything about it meets my likes and needs. May be developing slight symptoms of the engine cradle/steering shaft problems, but I know it can be fixed, now. I really wanted an SS, but it wasn't available, and now cancelled, though with the soon to be released 300+ HP Mercury Maurader, GM/Chevy may be forced to resurrect the SS to be competitive. I love the 3800II engine, but want the perks of the SS. If it is not available in a year or so, I may still order a new LS, equipt like mine w/o the sunroof(less to go wrong, leaking over time, etc.) with the police package for the extra durability, and tweak it with available aftermarket parts. That would make it almost an "SS". Other than that, it's a great car! The front end got crashed last August from an elderly male that passed out while reversing into the street with his car, but everything still worked! The car is fine now, except for the minor problems noted above, and someone scuffing my front bumper and slightly denting my right rear wheel well lip, which I will soon get fixed.
    It's great to here all the valuable input and information exchange by all these other awesome fellow Impala owners, or message board visitors! JACOB --------O~o VROOOM!!!!
    Actually this sheet kinda looks like a checklist- quality control or something.
    Under each appropriate category there is a corresponding 3 digit (mixed letters and #'s
    or all letters) code. It's kindof weird but maybe reasuring that somebody tags stuff-
    Like finding the checked by inspector 13 in your fruit of the looms(or am I dating myself).
    I'm in the Chicago area and can let folks know of the response in all weather!
    I'm also over 40 and won't admit this is a midlife crisis car! (I think that was my Explorer
    9 years ago). Hoping for lots of great info and fun stories on this site- Like the salesman
    who called me back on Monday saying the owner said they'd come down to my price
    -and I responded too late!- bought my car somewhere else!
  • lovlov Member Posts: 11
    and may this new owners club be as informative and useful as the forum that preceded it.
    I am in the province of Manitoba, Canada where it actually gets cold not like the slight chill that those guys get in Ontario or BC get. Actually the record low in my area recorded in weather records was around -54 F. and it can get to + 110 F. in the summer, almost a 164 degree spread. The last couple of mornings I have started my 2001 Galaxy Silver LS Im pal ah at around - 25 F. without a plugin with no problems. I did change out the factory oil which seemed relatively thin to Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic . The engine seems to rattle 2 or 3 seconds and smooths right out with this oil.

One thing that I have noticed is that even with the engine temp near normal the tach reads around 2500 rpm for a few miles before it will finally drop down to 2000(at 65 mph). I can only assume that is because of the very cold tranny oil. As I have never driven this car in warm conditions yet(bought car in January) I don't know how the tranny will react then. I am thinking of changing out the tranny oil next fall and replacing as much as I can without flushing with synthetic as I assume it should give the same benefits to the tranny as syn does for the engine.
    This would also give me a chance to replace filter along with any wearin filings that might be present.
    Sure would like to hear from anyone that has replaced their tranny oil with syn oil and their impression of any performance diffs.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    cookie01- L8-Apex is one of the hosts in Sedans. You will still see him in the Impala discussion there.

Here are some suggestions for discussions for Impala Owners:

Chevrolet Impala Owners: Care & Maintenance
    Chevrolet Impala Owners: Problems & Solutions
    Chevrolet Impala Owners: Dealer & Service Experiences

What do you think? Any other ideas?

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    Glad to be here in our very own Impala club! I have been an active member of the Y2K Impala boards since Nov '99 and I have very much enjoyed interacting with other owners regarding their ownership experiences with this fabulous car. I have owned a 2000 Impala LS since February '00(Light Driftwood Metallic/Light Oak cloth interior)and the car currently has 14,000 miles. Unfortunately I experienced a couple of major repairs during the first year (A/C Compressor and intermediate steering shaft) which I considered to be unacceptable on a car this new. Anyway, my dealer's Service Manager and the District Manager as a 'Good will' gesture from GM have decided to go ahead and replace my car on an 'MSRP' to 'MSRP' trade-buyback for a new '01 Impala LS. So far I am very happy with GM's response when I had problems with my car and my dealer's genuine display for customer service and customer satisfaction.

Everyone knows me as the biggest fan of the current Impala; however, I have also been very vocal about some of the first year issues found in these vehicles and this has caused some frictions with other members in the forum. Anyway, as an Impala fan, I truly enjoy exchanging valuable information regarding problems and solutions with other members and I do some detective work in behalf of every Impala owner when GM doesn't provide straight answers to current issues.

This car has been one of the most enjoyable ownership experiences and aside from the two problems that I had on my 2000 LS, the other major powertrain components such as Engine, Transmission, Brakes and electrical have always worked like a Swiss watch and have never been cause for grief. But..I am certainly looking forward for my replacement new '01 Impala LS sometime within the next couple of weeks.

If anyone has a question regarding the Y2k Impala or documented problems such as the engine cradle, intermediate steering shaft, Air Conditioning, or any other question/concern, feel free to ask me at anytime.

My friend Night_owl has an excellent website and I have contributed with some sections in his web page.

I live in hot and sunny Miami, Florida. You can look me up on page #16 of the 2001 Impala sales brochure..check out my picture and quote.

Cheers! ;-)
  • duraflexduraflex Member Posts: 358
    Please explain the purpose of another Impala forum over IMPALA XI and all its
    predecessors? Thank you.
    There are several advantages. Discussions can be titled to address issues that are important to owners. Impala Owners discussions will reside in its own folder making it easier for new members to find via a Search. An owners chat can be scheduled specifically for your group. In the future, Edmunds.com will be offering other features only for its Owners clubs.

Hope this answers your question!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • slcrabtreeslcrabtree Member Posts: 1
    One thing I've been wondering is well I'll assume most people reading this forum are fans of the dearly departed Impala SS (94-96). I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the Mercury Marauder since this vehicle has basically the same concept as the Impala SS?
    This club is only for owners of the 2000-2001 Model year Impalas, not for the 94-96 Impala SS Caprice spinoff.
    Took the new car to work today and showed it off, lots of ohh's ahh's and
    you got a really great deal. Almost makes those payments worth it. Then I
    went to dance class and half the class came out at the end to smell that
    new car smell! Ain't life grand!
  • lrcobralrcobra Member Posts: 82
    Well I finally made it to check out this NEW discussion board. I have a GS Impala LS that I purchased in June of 99. I now have almost 30,000 miles on it and only major problem has been the front rotors(twice) and the drivers side bucket seat around the air bag. I hope we all have as much fun here as we have had on the other forum.
    LRCobra
    alias "Silver Bullet"
    Up until last night I was convinced that Chevy ad execs had NO sense of humor. And Ads for the Impala are just plain boring.

NOT ANY MORE> This one was fairly cute. Some loser office dude is sick of his job and decides to go for a joy ride in his Impala (with Onstar) He's having a great time. He drives through the mountains, the desert, all singing to the radio (a dream come true I must say) in his Silver LS... but then he finds himself lost on the frozen tundra (and I don't think it was Lambo Field either...) and he's iced over, even his beard... and he punches the Onstar to get directions back home..

Sure it's not Budweiser's "WAAAASUUUP!!!" but at least it wasn't boring...
  • larryhartlarryhart Member Posts: 23
    I've been posting since Impala I and am glad to "see" so many familiar faces. Have nearly 25K miles on Y2K Torch Red LS.

Suffering from clicks & clunks but still love this car. My dealer was hesitant to apply TSB #00-08-61-003 (shim fix for clicks) and will be installing a new 2001 cradle next week. He doesn't want to address the clunks until after the new cradle goes in (GM tells him to see if the new cradle helps with this) but promises to install a new Intermediate Drive Shaft if the problem persists. He also was unaware of the Wheelwell TSB (00-08-111-004) but will apply this next week too.

Despite these clicks/clunks I still love this car. I'm a long time GM owner & know that this car's a winner.

Attended the annual Atlantic City Classic Car Show/Auction last week and came very close to purchasing a '69 Impala SS427 - - until it was vetoed by higher authority (wifey). . . . Regards, LH
  • platourplatour Member Posts: 252
    OK, coming to you from Ontario, Canada. I have been a Saturn owner since 1995 (SL1 and SL2) but wanted a bigger car when my SL2 went off lease recently. So I went with the Base Impala seen in the Photopoint album below. I did not need the LS with all the bells-and-whistles and the 3.8L engine: the 3.4L was just fine for the way I drive. And the price differential was quite substantial. I DID want the floor shift, console and 60/40 rear seats. Apparently this combination on the Base is fairly rare but check out my window sticker. I may be wrong. The album contains a few pics of my summer car; a 1979 Corvette. Hooked on GM I guess. (Even Saturn was GM in disguise.) Look forward to some active discussion in this area!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=223638&a=10790790&f=0

Didn't our host talk about setting up a live chat on Tues or Thurs? Either day
    is okay by me though I can't promise to always log in.
  • tomaso7tomaso7 Member Posts: 91
    Please tell me whatdoes the GS stand for in the GS Impala LS mentioned above in posting 19.
    ?Galaxy Silver? Mines NB (Navy Blue)
  • etcarrolletcarroll Member Posts: 87
    Hi all, just bought a Galaxy Silver LS with gray interior. Like to know how others made out with customizing them as follows;
    1- floor mats
    2- nose bra
    3- new stereo
    4- where do you get the 'SS' emblems
    5- ground effects, spoilers.

Just traded in my Chevy pickup with 11 years and 217k miles of use. It still runs fine. It was a v6 with 4 speed auto trans, so I expect a lot from the Impala.

A question, does the dual climate actual provide 2 distinct zones, my wife is never happy with what I want, and vice-versa.
  • mediumfrymediumfry Member Posts: 239
    I am brand new to this forum. I have a 2001 Torch Red Impala LS built and purchased in November 2000. First car I ever bought with less than 100,000 miles on it. Mine is virtually flawless. Has every option except sunroof which I didn't want.
    I am a huge auto enthusiast and hope to correspond with many of you about likes/dislikes/troubles/fixes.
    I have a small rattle in the passenger side rear door area that should be very fixable. Trying to decide if I should let the yahoos at the dealer tear it up. Probably not-I'll likely do it myself even though it's under warranty.
    I think the radio sounds a little thin at lower volumes but don't think it deserves the criticism it's been getting on this site. It should be better though.
    I can't express how much I love this car. I just gotta make sure I don't run into someone because I'm so busy smiling and enjoying the ride when I'm driving.
    A live chat can be easily arranged! Here are the times available:

Tuesdays:
    4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
    5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
    6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
    7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
    (The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know the day/time convenient for everyone.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • matteo2matteo2 Member Posts: 18
    I own base impala 2001
    4000 miles no probelms all OK
    last 9 number of VIN no 719232206
    build date 12/00, silver
    Have been reading forum since 12/00
    Great info. Thanks to all
  • bh0001bh0001 Member Posts: 340
    This morning I ordered my 2001 Impala LS, Navy Blue (would have gone with black except it's not a metallic black and I just couldn't get myself to do it) with Grey cloth interior. I didn't get leather, hole in the roof, and "premium" speakers (see my post in Impala Radio forum). Woohoo! I can't wait until my May delivery date!

I'm currently driving a leased 1998 Lumina LS. It's been a great car and I hope I have as good luck with the Impala.

Decided to purchase rather than lease this time (1.9% 48 months) since I drive so much (35-40,000 kilometers per year). I also decided to take the plunge on extended warranty coverage since I plan to keep the car for five or more years and the plan coverage is good for keeping a car in the driveway if/when something goes wrong.

I asked them to not touch the paint when they get it delivered - I don't want ANY swirl marks! They're going to let ME do the "dealer" cleaning so nobody will have a chance to leave brush marks in my nice new paint (I guess it helps when your brother-in-law is the parts manager at the dealership!). I plan to do the whole Zaino Bros' process as soon as I get the car home so I should have a really nice finish.

Thanks to everyone in the Impala forum for your posts - it really helped to cofirm that I am making the right decision.
    Brad
    Good for you! This is a great car, and since you're already used to the Lumina you'll find it familiar and an easy change.
    I've had my navy blue (but with blue interior) for 15,000 miles and over a year. Not a thing wrong with it. I just love it. It is, however, on a lease. Partially because I don't fully trust ANY car in it's first production year. I know others have had troubles, but as I drove it 2 hours round trip to my mom's house we discussed what I might do when the lease is up... I'll have saved up a chunk of cash and have thought about buying a new 2003 Impala at that time... or heck, I might just buy this one if it's running like it is now. My hubby says "This is the perfect car for you, why change?" and he's probably right... for once.
  • tomaso7tomaso7 Member Posts: 91
    The climate zones work. All you have to do is make sure the DUAL DIRECTION VENTS are pointing at the right person. Enjoy!

FYI - because of all the slush we get up here in Toronto with snow and ice and then a thaw I installed thick plastic over every square inch of carpet I could reach. I attached it with a medium sized stapler. I also cut it to fit. Took about 3 hours. However, when I take it off in the late spring, my carpet will like great with no salt patches which harden the rug like cement. Because it is form fitted, I will clean the plastic and re-install next winter. No matter what you use you can't get rid of the salt effects. You might be able to erase the white but the carpet will still be hard in that area. The Zaino polish products go on in the spring when the temperature rises. I bought the car on December 29th and so the Zaino wax couldn't be put on then.
    I tried the plastic over carpet the first year I had my '98 Lumina. Small pieces of gravel worked their way under the floor mats, ground holes through the plastic, and let salty/muddy water seep through. Now my carpets are stained yellow under the floor mats. Be VERY diligent at checking under your plastic or you'll suffer my fate!
    Brad
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• janrichjanrich Member Posts: 3
    Hello again everyone........

I haven't been on the forum since sometime last year. I forgot how intertaining and informative it is with all you nice folks.

My 2000 Impala LS was purchased new January 3rd of 2000,,is dk carmine red with all options and 26,000 It must have been built after 10/00 because I have not had one single thing go wrong with the car outside of a warped front brake rotor.

I found the car to have a quiet cabin when it was new but lately I am experiencing excessive road noise coming from the rear. It seems the Goodyear tires are really starting to howl. The noise is really getting on my nerves and I was wondering if anybody on the forum is experencing the same thing. The car becomes quiet at interstate speeds (65-75),,I guess I outrun the noise.

I must admit,,,I have been very negligent and have not ever rotated the tires so it may be my fault. I hate to get new tires at 26,000....all the tires seem to be wearing perfectly. I'm going to rotate tomorrow and then get new tires at about 45-50K but hate to put up with the racket until then.

Somebody told me to line the trunk and back seat with marine grade lead foil and the car will be as quiet as a Lexus. At $10.00 a sq. ft...I'll think about it.

My car really performs great. When I go to pass, that 3.8 really gets busy. On ice & snow the traction control and ABS features are nothing short of a marvel! About a month ago I was driving about 40 mph on a rain slick curve,,all of a sudden the car wiggled and the trac light came on. I was getting ready to take a ride on the shoulder or in the ditch but the car corrected itself and on we went at a slightly slower pace :>)....It doesn't get any better than that!!

Any comments on my noise problem will be greatly appreciated....Gotta go....my wife just showed me her "honey-do" list....

Keep that trac control "ON" everybody...Rich

P.S. Now that GM is dumping the Olds line, I think there is a good chance that the 02-03 Impalas will be offering an SS with the 240 HP Shortstar motor from the doomed Intrique. The deep-throated sound of that motor under throttle really makes an old hot-rodder smile.
  • flchevyflchevy Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 2001 gray base Impala and love it!!

GM finally got it right.........This forum helped me decide on the Impala.....Thanks

Bought for it for $750 under invoice.

Does anyone know where I can purchased used
    LS wheels, I thought someone on here was selling
    a set?????
    Welcome to the club! Where are you in Florida? I am located in Miami.
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • stormdavystormdavy Member Posts: 80
    Sorry to crash this club and break everyone's train of thought, but here is my question. Possible that an early 2001 did not have the updated paint/molding on the back bumper? Or, could an '00 have been sold as an '01? Another way of solving this: VIN # sequences beginning with '01 production. If you are in the know, please respond, to set my heart at ease. Love the car-- base, but w/ the good engine and handling. By the way is there a difference, other than wheels, spoiler and console shift, between LS and above described? Thank you, and long live RWD. I hope this Chevy gets it again soon.
  • regulator75regulator75 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Everybody, First time Posting from a new Impala Owner. Well, I broke down and bought a 2001 Impala LS Navy Blue Metallic, It has leather, sunroof, 3.8L. In other words it's fully loaded! The dealership will have it ready by Thursday April 26th. I am so excited, this car is an absolute beauty.

I have read many reviews and forums, but I have yet to speak with other Impala drivers about what the car is really like, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    We normally chat in the larger Impala XV (or something like that) forum. Come on over and read what everyone has to say.

And great call on the color, mine is Navy as well and it's just beautiful. Takes a lot of washing, but it's worth it!
  • regulator75regulator75 Member Posts: 31
    Thank you Cookie, I love the Blue too!
    Where would I find that Impala chat you mentioned?

thanks.
    It's listed under the Impala Owners club as Impala Sedan Board
    Mine is also Navy with the leather- no sunroof but I still love it. Lots of comments can be
    found on that Sedans board- some listing the few complaints/problems but most just
    happy owners like me! ;)
  • powerlift4powerlift4 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my Impala S. Need to know if the passenger side air bag can be disabled if I need to seat my small children in front. I have a pickup that I can turn the air on and off. Does anyone know if I can enable and disable the air bag if I need to. I called my dealer and they were clue less. So far I love the car.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    I've been around the Impala forums for a little over a year now, having custom ordered my '00 loaded Galaxy Silver base model Impala in January '00, and taking posession in late March '00 (all options except leather/heated seats - even sprang for the engine block heater!). I'm among the lucky folks that got included in the '01 Impala brochure as a result of my involvement with the Edmunds boards (I'm on page 28 BTW; I only got a quote printed, but I did get to sit through a photo shoot).

Anyway, I've had the car for 13 months at this point, turned over 19,000 miles this week. May have a warped front rotor, and have the proverbial "clicking" from the front end (which has apparently been resolved in later models). Had the intermediate steering shaft "clunking" for awhile, but it seems to have gone away.

Despite these minor problems (none of which have proven serious enough to convince me to quit driving the car long enough to get it checked out), I would replace it with another Impala in a heartbeat should something happen to this one (although I'd be certain to get one built as recently as possible).

I got a loaded base model because I wanted to be able to seat six, but also wanted the 3.8 liter engine. Since I tend to drive my cars for 10+ years before I give them up, and since I had a $3K+ GM Card rebate to spend at the time, I went a little crazy and optioned this one out exactly like I wanted it. As I said in the brochure, I got exactly the car I wanted, and a year later, I still don't think I'd have done anything differently (other than MAYBE getting one in the medium regal blue that was discontinued when the '01 line came out).
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• bbrowne74bbrowne74 Member Posts: 58
    Picked up my Dark Blue '01 LS model today, build date of 5/01. Has everything minus the moonroof and the leather, plus I didn't splurge on the heated seats/passenger electonic seat option.

Put about 100 miles on it today travelling around showing it off. Drives like a dream compared to my previous Saturn and Altima. I'm happy!
    Sounds like you have my car's identical twin! Mine was built in 4/01. Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!
    Brad
  • bbrowne74bbrowne74 Member Posts: 58
    wow - same type of car and same first name! How wierd is that!:>

I drove mine quite a bit yesterday, put on another 90 miles trying to break it in and it drives like a DREAM.
    Very wierd! But did you name your car Hooloo? (short for Hooloovoo, a superintelligent shade of the colour blue - from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
This discussion has been closed.