Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Owners: Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• mrbeegeemrbeegee Member Posts: 1
    My friends call me Beegee and I am new to the MB family (hey that rhymes!). I just picked up a 2006 C230 Sport on 10/13/05 from HBL in Tyson's Corner, VA. A basic car cause I am not a fancy fellow:

Diamond Black metallic (looks blue at times, purple at others - and I have even heard green once)
    black leather (inserts that is)
    Sunroof package
    6 speed manual (I hate automatics with a passion)

That's it. the only thing I am planning to put :) on it is the ipod holder and a roof rack for my bicycle.

Now I have always considered myslef a Bimmer man but ever since Chris Bangle began destroying the look of BMWs, I had to abandon ship. 1200 miles already and I like it. I like it a lot!
  • lawman1967lawman1967 Member Posts: 314
    I just bought a used 2001 C240 with 66,700 miles yesterday, silver with black interior, automatic, sunroof and CD-changer. So far I absolutely love the car, feels much more solid than anything I've ever owned before (new Japanese cars).

My car was a 1-owner car with full service records from Downtown LA Motors Mercedes Benz, and both looks and feels brand-new. With any luck, it will still look and feel as nice after another 5 years and 66,700 miles have rolled under its tires.
  • dks94583dks94583 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought new C-320 SS 3 months back and I am also not very happy with it. I have the same buzzing noise from both front doors, its actually the set belt fitting which makes this sound. Crank up the radio and you hear lot more of rattle from other places. I think I just paid too much for this car. Built quality sucks and on my first visit at 1500 miles, nothing has been taken care off. Everything is still the same. Work order reads on most of the places "Could not Duplicate". I am thinking of taking it to a different dealer.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    I replied to your query about the ESP malfunction light in the Problems forum. When I did so, I did not realize you had bought the car from an authorized MB dealer. They should be willing to solve your problem because it came up so quickly after the sale, regardless of its warranty status. Don't wait, though, and if necessary, bump it all the way up to the GM of the dealership.

Your problem should have a ready solution, as it is pretty well known what causes it in this model.
    Make sure your tires are not overinflated. Our seat belt buzzing only happens on crappy surfaces, and usually only when the car is cold. It can be exacerbated by higher tire pressures - check to make sure yours are not overinflated. The correct pressures are on the sticker attached to the inside of the fuel door.
    My car was not purchased from an MB dealer, but an independant dealer selling used luxury cars of all makes. Ir is no longer under MB warranty.

Strangely, the warning message dissappeared after another day of driving and has not coome back. I have since had a check engine light come on, only to go off as soon as I refueled (three tanks later and no repeat) and a warning for a burned out "front marker lamp" that went away when I shut off and restarted the car.

Guess little electronic bugaboos will be a part of the ownership experience, though the car feels and drives perfect. I've already put 1,100 miles on it and have enjoyed every one of them.

Average so far is 24MPG, I love it!
  • manolinmanolin Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I´ve had a 2006 C230 for only two weeks and already problems appeared . 1- vibration at iddle in D or in R . 2- ESP malfunction warning came on. :cry: 3 - Speedtronic (cruisecontrol) malfunction warning came on . Do I have just bad luck or has it been a common problem ? I am very disappointed as the car does not have even 200 miles . Please give me answers .
    I think I may finally have gotten my C240 sorted out. I took to a Mercedes dealer for the first time and had an A-service done. They found a few hoses that were starting to leak and I had those replaced as well, but a thorough inspection found nothing else wrong with the car.

My electrical issues early on were fixed by the seller at an independant shop and have not returned. The only problem remaining is that the rear sunshade doesn't work, and the part is on order by the seller's shop. Hopefully that will be fixed next week.

What I have now is a 2001 C240 in silver that looks and feels like a brand-new car despite the 70,400 miles on the clock. It is an absollutel joy to drive. I did a 10-hour day last week and the car was simply splendid. I was more alert and comfortable after ten hours than I am after three or four in the Mazda that this car replaced.

I think I'm hooked.
    Yeah, even our older S-Class MBs were not superior to our '02 C240 for long-distance comfort. We ran 4000 miles after Labor Day in about two weeks, and never had anything but a good day with this car. It's what they do....
  • vbhatiavbhatia Member Posts: 1
    hi..aruna..i am vijay, buying my first c320 from my uncle..it is only 22k miles, 2002, quick question very well maintained..should i buy a extended warranty..
    please let me know
    vijay from nj
  • ajpacificaajpacifica Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I bought my 2000, C280 Sports this year and now the factory fitted 6 disc changer is not working. The player is not recognizing the magazine. Anyone have had same issue. Please guide.
  • boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    I've been an Edmunds member for about 2 years, but just picked up a 2001 C240. I love the car and all those little comfort and luxury features that make Benz a Benz.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• roncar01roncar01 Member Posts: 8
    Hello all - I am not currently a MB owner however my wife and I are considering purchasing a C230 Sport with the following options:

275 - Power driver seat & steering column w/ memory
    324 - Sunroof package
    427 - 7-speed driver adaptive automatic tranny
    293 - rear side impact air bags

I have read mixed reactions about the C230 between different forums, kbb.com, edmunds.com and consumer reports. I would like to see if anyone wouldn't mind providing a little additional insight on these cars. What do you like, don't like, mechanical issues, non-issues, etc.

Thanks for the help!
    What car do you currently drive?

I have the car that I have had since college - '00 Neon. I got my wife a Trailblazer in June, which with the exception of my Neon, will be my 3 GM vehicle. My family however has had GM for last 20 years. The Neon will be sold or traded, haven't decided which yet. Anything from this car is a step up - however I am torn between the C230, IS250 and Acura TL. I really like the drive of C230 - both comfort and ride.
    I drive a 2001 C240. I haven't driven the C230 but have a feeling it will be similar in performance (C230 is a 2.5L V6, C240 is a 2.6L V6). Unless you're talking about the C230 Kompressor which has a 1.8L inline 4 Supercharged.

I love the way my car handles, as well as it's high speed stability. Everything about it feels solid. I love the small convenience touches like the trip computer, mileage estimator, the feature that heats your car after you turn it off and leave it, the heated/ventilated centre console. I don't think the others have these features.

Don't forget the IS250 has just been redesigned, where as the TL will be changed within a couple of years, and the MB C class will be all new for 2007.

Good luck in your purchase.

Thank you for your thoughts as they ahve been extremely helpful. I am most likely going to be purchasing the MB as you just can't beat Mercedes on quality and luxury.
  • wesplankwesplank Member Posts: 1
    have you ever had any issues with harsh down shifts? I have been having issues on my 03c230k for a while now it shifts really hard from 2nd to first sometimes
  • hdoolabhhdoolabh Member Posts: 3
    Originally owened a Lexus Rx300 which gave me problem after problem and the service cost was way over board, so I traded it in for a C240 2004 and ran it till a month ago when I traded it for an 07 C230 Sport.

Having owened a Lexus and a Mercedes I now believe that the Mercedes is by far a superior vehicle. Both my C classes run smoother and look slicker.

Proud to be a Mercedes owner. I am hoping to swap my C230 out in 09 for a C300/350. This should give the Benz people enough time to iron out any minor faults.
This discussion has been closed.