Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Thats one heck of a deal. I wish where I am at there were deals like this. The most I could get was 9k off a month ago. Unfortunately now, there are no C350's in my area in the MD area.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    You may want to check with the delivering dealer to see if there is a charge. The delivering dealer wanted $300.00 for the delivery of my vehicle from an out of state dealer. The selling dealer paid the charge. The selling dealer selected the delivering dealer.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    Wow, nice deal. Can you imagine 2 years from now this car may worth more than you paid for a brand new one...
  • sushantsgsushantsg Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Guys, but effectively i am getting about 9k off as i have to pay for shipping vehicle from LA to Oregon and also had to pay for my flight ticket back n forth to LA to check out the car, but heck its worth it. My local dealer wasn't giving me anything more than 5k off. I am just dying to have my car delivered to me next week...

I got it from van keyes.
  • giovanni3giovanni3 Member Posts: 5
    2010 C300 Sport 4-Matic Sedan with MSRP of US$48,333.00 including the delivery charge plus options. Got 11% discount, which brought it down to US$5,300.00 under MSRP. How's that !!!

Have to wait 2 months, but don't mind, since I'm getting the car I really want.

Options:

Premium 1
    Premium 2
    Multimedia
    Keyless Go
    AMG 18" 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    Harman Kardon Sound System
    Rear Deck Spoiler
    MB Tex Upholstery
    Aluminum Trim
    Capri Blue Metallic Paint

They also included these for free:

1.- Service A
    2.- Service B
    3.- All-Season Floor Rubber Mats
    4.- Set of Wheel Locks

Did I get a good deal ???
  • lefty2lefty2 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to purchase a 2010 Mercedes C300 Sport with premium 1 in Northern California. Does anyone know what about the best price would be? If I consider a 2009 model what discount difference should I expect from the 2009 to the 2010? Is there still marketing support for the 2009 or even the 2010? Thanks everyone
    It depends if you are looking to lease or purchase. There are good programs to lease on 2010 models and there are good cash incentives on 2009 models. There is almost no change between 2009 and 2010 models. The good place to start is here link title
  • scgirl1scgirl1 Member Posts: 13
    Walked into the dealership today after reading these blogs and test drove the c300. Been looking at the 328i b/c I had a 2006 that I loved. Wanted to see what the c300 was like and enjoyed it a lot. Still doesn't have the sportiness that the 328i has as there is a delay when you accelerate, but is definitely finished off nicer. (Still bothered by the fake leather, but that's another story) I know BMW does it too, but not on a car with an msrp of $41,770! Anyhow...thought I would post for other folks my results...so here goes:

2009 Silver/ Black interior
    automatic
    premium 1
    burl wood
    multimedia package
    ipod integration kit
    total msrp: $41,770

Drove it, liked it..after 20 minutes of invested time, told the salesman that I wasn't interested unless I could get it for the type of price that I had seen others had received at Laguna Mercedes and Anaheim Mercedes. I told him I wanted $9500 off msrp. He said he would go check and was gone all of 5 minutes before returning with $9000 off for a total of $32,770 + tax etc. Can not get 2.9 financing with this, but I am using credit union, where I get some discounts on points. I have a feeling that I could have worked them down some more, but this was all of 30 minutes and totally painless. FYI- they also showed me the "invoice" from the back (if you believe those things are the "invoice") and it showed $38,995 as their purchase price for the vehicle. With a $4000 +$5000 from Mercedes, they aren't really having to deal anything off of their profit margin. It looks like a better deal for them too!

Good luck!
    Actually, there is no delay when you accelerate. You just need to get used to that Mercedes-Benz accelerator pedal accelerates only if you step on it or hold it. If you release it - it actually down shifts transmission - which slows down your car immediately. If you drop your pedal suddenly - it will downshift 2 or more gears, because the car thinks that accident is coming, so it brakes your car before you even hit your brakes. It's called defensive driving.

In BMW if you accelerate and drop your pedal - the car will continue to go fast - like any other car, but then your foot is in the air. In the Mercedes - you need to keep your foot on the pedal. You can use the accelerator pedal to go faster or slower - just by applying more or less pressure to the pedal - the same like in Formula 1. If you need to accelerate - just put pressure and hold - DO NOT release, as most people are used to dropping the pedal after a few seconds. If you want full throttle acceleration (For example to pass another car) - DON"T BE AFRAID TO FLOOR IT completely to the floor and HOLD IT - don't drop. In the few seconds every BMW will be behind you. Try it yourself. Once you get used to Mercedes driving you will not be able go back to any other car.

Invoice of the car with MSRP $41,770 is exactly $39,507. You can see it for yourself here mercedes-benz invoice calculator, just enter "0" in the gas guzzler tax, because C-class does not have it. So the difference is $488 he showed you some BS charges. That's why he gave you $9,000 off instead of $9,500. But anyway the deal is excellent. 2 years from now your car may be worth the same what you paid for a brand new one!

Hope it helps.
    So the difference would be $512, not $488 correct? He showed me an invoice for $38,995 and you are saying that the real invoice from that site is $39,507. That is a difference of $512 and should work to my benefit. That means he is saying they paid less for the vehicle than what that site says and they should have more money between the msrp and invoice to haggle with, not less. I actually haven't gone to get the vehicle yet...my first choice is the palladium silver and I'm going to try to get a good deal on that one..it's at a different dealership. My back up is the silver (had 4 silver cars in the past few years so kind of ready for something different but the silvers show the lines so nicely). Anyhow...I'm going to go in hard for $10,000 on the palladium now I know how easy $9,000 was...we'll see! I also found out that I can get 3.99% at a local credit union for financing. Maybe I'm missing what you were trying to say about the $488:/

Thanks for the info about the acceleration....I will test drive again and make sure that I am not dropping the pedal. I think I've over done looking at these blogs now b/c I was looking at the consumer reviews and the things people have problems with start to freak me out! One person complained about the paint on the c300 not holding up.....that worries me a little but I try to keep it in perspective.. Wish me luck!
    $38,995 - is not the right dealer cost (invoice), but it does not make any difference anyway, because they are giving you a discount from MSRP and not from the invoice. Shoot for $9,500 off.
    Mercedes-Benz paint is "Top of the line" and it has protection on a molecular level. One of my cars is 1992 300E - snow white, with 187,000 miles. The original paint is in showroom condition.
    Wish you luck.
  • os16os16 Member Posts: 2
    Just pull a deal on 2009 C300 Palladium Silver on Black. Automatic, Burl walnut, P2, Ipod kit, Multimedia, Sport, panorama sunroof, 18" AMG Wheels. Msrp $45,180. Paid price $35,180 + CA tax + $558 lic.
    Thanks to this Forum:)
    Long story short...I didn't get the '09. Ended up buying the '10 c300.

msrp 38,995
    price paid 35,015 (a tad over 10% off msrp)
    1.9% financing for 66 months through Mercedes
    They pay my first 2 payments (advertised on their website for winter event) which took off $1234 extra.

So... 2010 with msrp of $38,995 costs me $39,488 total with financing charges
    2009 with msrp of $41,770 and $10,000 discount but 5.75% financing (couldn't find 3.99% like I had hoped) for 72 months $42,120 total with financing charges.

$2632 cheaper for 2010 but $2775 less of options on 2010 model $143 effective difference on 1 year newer car. By the way...they had a 2010 with same options as 2009 for almost identical msrp but I didn't really need some of those options. You were very limited in the packages you could choose with color combos due to there being few 2009's available. But I could have done the 2010 with $41,770 msrp for only $400 more than the 2009!
    If I was paying cash then the 2009 was a definite better buy...but financing muddies the waters!!! All in all...I still think it's a good deal for a 2010!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Nice job! Would you mind posting your dealer's information?
  • upperupper Member Posts: 5
    sheesh, i finally negotiated a 2009 c350 down by $9000 below msrp, but the dealer wants me to pay 7.25% interest rate. i tried to negotiate, but he wont budge. guess i wont be getting the car :(
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    walk away from that deal,. Those dealers most (99%) of them, punched in the rebate, when it was 5k on the C350. So they are basically only taking 4k off, still leaving him about 2400 in profit. At 7.25% interest, thats just robbery. Most people in the summer got the C350 for 10,5 to 11k off, so this late into the year for an 09 at those terms, is a terrible deal. Let him hold on to the car, find another person to take advantage of.
    they said every 2009 car has no specials for interest rate now, that's not true right?
    and how is this deal?

2010 C300W $33,600
    650 Arctic White
    118 Grey/Black MB Tex
    R22 17" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
    07P Germany
    104 Rear Deck Spoiler $300
    105 Roof spoiler $300
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Mer
    486 : Sport Suspension
    772 : AMG Sportline
    952 : Sportline Package
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    413 Panorama Sunroof $1,070
    427 427 7-Speed Automatic Transmission: (Req $1,490
    P47 : Front Mud Flaps
    427 : 7-Speed Automatic Transmission (Required
    528 528 COMAND Package: 7" Power Retractable $1,800
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    528 : Standard Radio
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim $320
    873 Heated Front Seats $740
    917 PZEV-Emission, USA
    SUBTOTAL $39,620
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $40,495

I'm trying to negotiate this deal down to about 33000. is that reasonable? or am i kidding myself?
    First off...I found out from going to look at several of these that all 2009 C300 and C350s were put into "demo" status the first of October. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but Mercedes is giving the dealership a $5000 rebate for demos and $5000 for clearing 2009s. That's how they can do the $10,000. Don't know how far off you are on your numbers, but they can do the $10,000 and if you look online, you can easily get 5.75% up to 72 months with good credit. Hopefully this helps:/
    Sure! It was Anaheim Hills Mercedes in California. They had about 30 c300s...no joke! They had nice packages on them too. Some dealers really load the options on...some order them bare and some are pretty good at ordering nicely equipped ones. I found that especially when looking at BMWs. Some dealers would order the worst color combos and all their cars looked terrible. Others...all the cars were hot and nicely equipped. It's funny what a difference that can make. I also just have to comment that I read on yahoo that the best day to buy a car in the entire year is Black Friday. They have done averages for percentage off on cars throughout the entire year and 4.8% is typical. On the day before and day after Black Friday, 6-8% but on Black Friday...9% plus. Black Friday has going for it 4 things...end of year, not a weekend, most people looking for electronics or doing other shopping and end of the month quotas to meet...I also happened to luck out and get an accident that shut down most traffic to the dealership and RAIN!!!! The planets were aligned!! ( Oh yes...and I read these blogs which helped point me in the right direction!) Good luck!
    $36,000 is probably more realistic and would probably be a very good deal for them right now. Remember that the financing is really low right now which affects things greatly if that is what you are doing. You can get up to $1300 towards your first two month's payments and even though mbusa.com says that financing is 2.9% for up to 60 months,but they gave me the 1.9% for the longer period. That difference saves you about $700 between the $36,000 at 1.9% and the $33,000 at 2.9%. WIth the extra $1300 for the first two payments..you save a total of $2000 extra, effectively making your purchase price more like a $34,000 deal...pretty close to what you wanted.
  • probuyerprobuyer Member Posts: 5
    Does the $1300 payment assist only apply to the 2010, or does it apply to the 2009 if financed through mbusa?
    You don't have to finance through the mercedes, you can call your bank or credit union or apply online at many different banks. Just read their terms before applying. 2009 models don't have special finance rates.
    2010 only for the first two payments. You do not have to finance through mercedes but why wouldn't you on a 2010 with the promo financing? You won't find it cheaper somewhere else if you finance. For a 2009 you can certainly shop around.

A little bummed right now..just got back from the car wash and only my 3rd day with the car and the nav and ipod are acting up. The curser is jumping around and flashing the different names and won't respond to the nav wheel next to the cup holders. Hopefully they can fix and it's just a fluke:(
    so i'm dealing these 2 dealers. one of them gave me 34000 and another's gave me 38000. the options difference are about $900. i emailed the one that gave me an expensive offer and they said "Well, there are a lot of low ball offers out there. Just be careful before you drive somewhere, because there might be a lot of grey area in those so called “to good to be true” quotes. Let me know if you want to do a clean business." is this true? or are they just trying to trick me?
    The bottom line is the bottom line. They'll all fill you full of BS about superior service, VIP treatment, and silliness like "clean business". You're buying a car, not laying the foundation for a beautiful relationship. The dealer who offers you the lowest total transaction price should get your business. Forget all the fluff...
    Anybody who uses words "clean business" - does not reassure my trust...
    Wow, already yea that's not cool.

I contacted the Anaheim dealership you listed and they said they haven't had a c300 09' in months!

Here's the dealership addy info:
    Mercedes-Benz of Anaheim
    200 North Via Cortez
    Anaheim Hills, CA 92807

Is this the correct one?
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    anyone looking for a c class in the ny/nj area email me at xoprincess271@aim.com

i just bought an ML350 on monday and have a great salesperson to recommend.

:shades:
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    above post should be for ny/nj area
    Not sure what you are talking about....yes, Mercedes-Benze of Anaheim is the dealership I purchased from and I bought a 2010 not a 2009. There were no 2009s when I went there. The 2009 I spoke of purchasing in previous blogs were from Mercedes of Escondido. There were 4 of them there as of 1 week ago. Two silver c300s with msrps of 41,770 and the other a little less b/c of no wood inside. There was a white one with a stick shift and a c350 silver with a msrp around 45,000 with a panoramic roof....wasn't interested so didn't look carefully. I'm not really sure where your confusion is, but I looked back at my prior posts to see what you might be talking about. You must have thought I was saying there were 30 or more 2009s at Anaheim. I was talking about the 2010s because I was saying that the 2010s were almost the same deal as a 2009 if you were financing and there were far more choices and combos than a 2009. Hope this clears things up! If you are looking for a 2009 then check Escondido. There are 3 2009s at Walter's Mercedes in Riverside, but they didn't tell me until I got there that they had 100 miles on a couple of them and 400 on another. They also had changed out wheels and added crap to them and had the grill painted on one...weird stuff!
    You're right. Thanks for the info. I was confused.
    I'm now dealing with Anaheim. They actually remembered your deal and say they're willing to repeat it. Did they really give you the comp room to the Wynn Hotel in Vegas?
    What options did you get?
  • pearliegirlpearliegirl Member Posts: 38
    I am considering the MB C280 4matic. Found a dealer that uses them for loaner cars. A bunch of them have just come off loaner and they are selling them. Prices seem very good, 39K miles for $22,000. Any thoughts on this deal? Any experinces buying CPO loaner cars from dealerships? Any help is greatly appreciated. I was considering the BMW 328xi and Audi A4 quattro, but those seem to be priced at least $3000 higher, which is out of my budget.
    Mileage seems to be high, but you did not mention the year of the car. Anything more than 12,000 per year is considering high mileage. On another hand, if you don't drive a lot - it may be a good deal, because the mileage can catch up with it's age and the car will continue to retain it's value. Original warranty is 4years or 50.000 miles whichever comes first, so it has only 11,000 miles left. But if it is Certified (you have to make sure), you get additional year and up to 100,000 miles warranty. The good place to research CPO pricing is here: Find Certified Pre-Owned MBZ Locally, - just wait a few seconds until it loads in real time.
    Hope it helps.
  • dianka555dianka555 Member Posts: 14
    I got a quote for a 2010 C300 sports sedan with premium package 1 and multimedia package for $2200 down, $550/month for 39 months. The Mercedes dealership is also taking my leased BMW out of my hands that has 5000 miles over the limit at no cost to me. What do you think about the price?
  • vaio23vaio23 Member Posts: 5
    My local dealership has a new (~500 miles) 09 C350 for sale MSRP $46,640. They have it on sale for $41,640 is this a good price? Looking at previous post, it looks like they were going for up to -10K below MSRP with the incentives at that time. Are their any current incentives? And what would be a good offer to take this 09 off there hands?
    Most dealers punched their 09 leftovers before the incentives went down. Usually, the dealer "buys" the car for its service loaner fleet. If that's the case with this car, the dealer cash was $5k. You should be able to do at least $8-9k off.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I agree with vinny. I heard they buy them when incntives were out and never technically titled them so they are still "new". I was offered 9k off sticker at one time...good luck
    Just offered $1800 under invoice for any 2010 C300 in inventory in CA dealership. Texas and Kansas offered $1250 under. It evens out because shipping costs eat up a good chunk of the $1800.

Thanks for the info -scgirl1-.
    $40,085 MSRP
    2010 c300 sport.
    7 Speed
    Sirius
    Multimedia
    18" AMG
    $36000 Invoice

$613 for 60 months or
    $560 for 66 months
    $5000 sign off
    1.9%

is this good? bad?
    any tips to avoid dealer scamming me once i actually go to the dealer?
    any deals i should know about?
    Can i still ask for more? like make them add rear spoiler or something?
    How is the warranty? what does it cover? where can i get more information on warranty?
    What should i get once i paid the $5000 walk off from the dealer?
    I know it's a long question, but it's going to be my first new car. I've driven used car my entire life, don't know anything.
    Thanks
  • stone19stone19 Member Posts: 28
    Today walked into an NJ dealership and was able to get c300 sport p1 for $100 under invoice with 1.9 for 66 mos. No haggling no nothing, I just made the offer and they accepted it, took 10 mins. Almost too easy, now I feel like I could have gotten a better deal but I think I did ok, unless there was some hidden rebate from MB, otherwise #'s make sense and was about 1k less then TMV posted.
  • newbie2010newbie2010 Member Posts: 1
    2010 4Matic Sports Black
    10,000 miles/36 months
    P1 package
    Multimedia package
    Plus free maintenance for 3 years (estimated value is $700).

MSRP: $43,000
    Sale price: $36,700

$1500 down (includes tax, all fees and 1st month payment)
    $425/month

This is supposedly an aggressive year-end deal to move the cars off the lot. How does this deal fare as far as year end clearance goes?
    Mercedes-Benz extended their winter event specials for one more week. Anybody who didn't make a deal - still have another chance until January 11th. You can check all current specials here: Mercedes-Benz Current Specials
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi

I will be shopping for a 2010 C class in Feb or March. I live in Westchester county (NY). Who gave you8 a good price/sales experience?

thanks
  • rach4rach4 Member Posts: 8
    Newbie, sounds like a fantastic deal. Can you give me a little more of the breakdown, the interest rate and the residual? Also, is the $425 before or after taxes?

Thanks
  • sburmosburmo Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a 2008 c350 - 24k miles on it, nav package, great condition - the dealership is quoting 34k. That seems high to me.

Please help!
    2008 is a 2 year old model, I think you can buy 2008 E350 close to this price and it's much better car. Also if you finance 2010 C350 - you can get as low as 1.9% APR, but 2008 model should get aprox. 6-7% APR. So if you finance - you will spend about the same amount over the term of financing.
    Original warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. So you will have 2 years/26k miles left. However, if this car is MB Certified - then you'll have 3 years/76k miles left. + certified means the car is extra clean and has clean history.
    You can research prices on Certified pre-owned Benz anywhere in USA here: Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned anywhere in USA - so you can have an idea of pricing. Just wait a few seconds until it loads.
    Can anyone tell me what a good selling price right now would be for a 2010 C300 Sport with P1 and Multimedia. The MSRP is $41, 365 and the invoice, $39, 130. I am looking at a 36 month lease. With 12,000 miles the residual is 59% and the money factor is 0.00179. I appreciate any advice that may help me to negotiate. Thanks!
    I can confirm that invoice figure is correct. Also, make sure that lease Acquisition fee is no more than $795, because dealer can mark it up, if they want to. They can also mark up the money factor - so watch it. Residual can not be changed by dealer, unless you take less or more miles.
    Try to offer $1,500 below invoice and see what happens. Try more than 1 Dealership...
    Storm10, Thank you so much for your response, it definitely helps since I am so new to leasing. Would you by chance know if it's possible to ask them to throw something in, such as free maintenance or more miles without changing the money factor? Thanks again!
    More miles does not affect money factor - it affects Residual value of the car at the end of lease (the part of the price that you are not paying for). Higher mileage at the end means lower residual value. Means you have to finance larger amount, so your payment will be higher. You need to decide if you really need 12,000 miles per year, which is 1,000 miles per month. Most people drive less. You can lease through MB Financial with as low as 7,500 miles per year. Less miles = lower monthly payment.
    To make your life easier - negotiate bottom line: How much is total amount out of pocket $, and how much is total monthly payment $ - all inclusive. This way you don't end up negotiating taxes, DMV and bank fees, and any other fees separately from the deal.
    You can request quotes from any Mercedes-Benz dealership anywhere in US here: Access to ALL Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in USA