Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• badger1729badger1729 Member Posts: 4
    I would look up the car value on truecar.com and the current money factor is .00159 not .00179. The residual is correct at 59%.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Has anyone purchased a new 2010 C class 300 4matic and experienced the gas mileage in city/suburban driving and highway driving? I am considering a few cars and would appreciate knowing your real world gas mileage experience.

Thanks
  • rach4rach4 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Badger,

I will look into that. So far three different dealers have told me that for $10,000 miles it is .00166 with a 60% residual. Also thanks again Storm for your information. I'm really glad you mentioned the acquisition fee because two dealers already tried to hike it up when I was negotiating.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me feedback on this deal which I intend to sign a lease for tomorrow:

300C class sport
    Premium package 1
    Ipod integration
    automatic
    MSRP including destination fee: $38,640
    Invoice: $36,597
    Selling price: $34,295
    Drive off: $1030 (ttl + first month)
    Acquisition fee: $795 (included in monthly fees)
    10,000 miles
    Monthly - $468.80 (that includes taxes)
    Disposition fee - $595

Should I try to do any better or is this good?
    Hey rach4, sounds like a good price. So far the best I can do is

2010 4 matic c300 sport
    15,000 miles
    35,800 buy price
    2000 cap cost reduction
    508/month (that is the drive off payment all fees and taxes included)
    They used .00159 as MF and 57% residual

Your deal is better than mine.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    I suggest to know your exact and total drive-off, so you can compare to other dealers, because: Drive off: $1030 (ttl + first month) can be misleading. Is $1,030 - cap reduction? Just get the total figure - how much is out of pocket.

You can save a little more if you pay Acquisition fee upfront, instead of including in financing. Because it is a fee - you don't pay a tax on it. But if you finance it - it will become a part of the selling price, so you will be charged tax and bank interest on $795. Just make sure that aq fee is included in your drive-off total amount. This will give you a little saving on the overall deal.

The selling price is very good - $2,300 below invoice. You are probably in California.
    The Invoice amount is correct. By the way, you can always check the exact invoice of any Mercedes-Benz here: Mercedes-Benz Invoice Calculator. You need to enter MSRP and enter 0 in Gas Guzzler tax, because C-Class does not have it. This way you can always double-check, if dealer gives you the real or fake Invoice figure.
    C300 4 Matic averages 17 mpg in City drive and 25 mpg on the highway. It can vary depending on your driving habits, but very close to reality. There is a trip computer on board inside the speedometer, which shows your current fuel consumption, while you drive, so you can change your driving habits based on what it shows, while you drive. You can take notes while you test drive the car.

One thing for sure - mpg can be much better on highway, especially during long trips. When I drove from LA to Las Vegas using cruise control - my average mpg was 34, but it was not 4 Matic.

Also, make sure that you really need 4 Matic. If you get just Rear Wheel Drive - it will give you a little better performance, saves you a little money on gas and insurance will be a little less expensive. Also - you'll probably get a better deal on RWD.

RWD has plenty of safety features including ESP(Stability control), Brake Assist and lots of other features even if you drive on really bad road or weather conditions.
  • bergenbergen Member Posts: 7
    white exterior , black mbtex interior + P1 package
    C300 sport AWD, NJ (Bergen)
    3300 down (including tax/lic,acq,1st month)
    451/month (35 months left)
    10K/year, 3 years

Jan 12 and beyond, I was told the regular maintanence included with the lease.
    I initially reduced to 420/month, but later added tire/wheel multishield insurance that jacked up to 451/month. I think I could have skipped the insurance and stayed with 420, but that even looked good to me. How did I fare?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Taxation of the acquisition fee depends on your state of residence.

Most states charge tax on it, even if paid upfront..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Storm,

You have really been so helpful. I ended up signing today:
    C300 sport - white (black interior)
    Premium package 1
    ipod integration
    Down payment $1,913: includes tax, title, license, and wear & tear, which allows up to $5000 in damages upon return - definitely worth it for me!!!)
    $460 a month
    10k/36 months

I didn't pay the aquisition fee upfront cause I didn't see this until I had already signed everything. Oh well, I guess I know for next lease! Thanks again for all your help!
    Since you don't SELL Acquisition fee, and because you CHARGE Acquisition fee for services - you can not charge SALES tax on it - in any State. The same as you can not charge SALES tax for any LABOR services, as long as there is no SALE of goods involved.
    When acquisition fee is paid upfront - it is not a part of Cap Reduction, it is part of Drive-Off amount, therefore it's not taxable.
    Some Dealers structure deals, where they roll Acquisition fee as part of cap reduction in their computer, which is illegal. But technically it is not, because the contract will state, that acquisition fee was financed - meaning it was not paid upfront. They just show bigger cap reduction.
    For example: I want to put $3,000 down toward the car and finance the bank fee. Or: I want to put $2,100 + $900 aq fee upfront. Both examples you have to put $3,000 down.
    However the difference is: first example you have to pay sales tax on $3,000 and second example you pay tax on $2,100.
    Any dealers financial software like ADP, R&R, Advent etc... will NOT calculate tax, if you move acq fee upfront, instead of increasing the cap cost...
    Congrats,
    Give some details on your purchase experience. How many Dealers did you contact? Did you call, e-mail or requested quotes before the visit? Just share the process....
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Congrats on the deal. What city are you in and what dealer did you use?
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Plenty of states charge sales tax on services and labor..

Most states will charge sales tax on any amount paid upfront on a lease, including acquistion and document fees, unless the money is specifically for a government agency fee..

That may not be the case in your state, wherever that might be... but, it is in KY, OH, and many, many other states.

Most states recognize the acquistion fees aren't really for any service rendered... they are just a way to pad the leasinig bank's profits.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I am in California. The dealer definitely did do the second scenario you mentioned. They dropped the cap cost and put the acquisition fee in the financing. Oh well, at least I know for next time!

In regards to the questions about how I did it and where I got it. The way I did it is I sent out requests and put please email me only (some people didn't respect that at all!). In the request I stated what I wanted and asked them to tell me what sale price they would lease it to me for. I asked for them to also tell me the residual and money factor for 10,000 miles. Only two dealers would do it. So I started by trying to get each one to go lower. Once I had got them both to change their price I asked them to give me the breakdown of drive off and monthly payment to make sure they weren't throwing things in. Then I again negotiated and got them to lower a tiny bit and match. I was fairly satisfied with the price, but then I emailed all the other dealers that called me or emailed but wouldn't give me a price and I said that I was going to be getting the lease tomorrow for xxxx price and if they could go lower I would go their instead but that they had to actually state all the details over email so I had it in writing. I ended up with almost all of them emailing back offering less. I finally got the $460 and while I was there another dealer offered $455 , but I was so exhausted from the process it wasn't worth the $175. The reason I actually did it all over email is I back down when confronted in person or over the phone; however, it worked out to my advantage! Thanks for the feedback everyone. Good luck to you! Oh and it was the Los Angeles area! Oddly enough I ended up at the one I thought would always have the highest quote, which was Beverly Hills.
    I did not know that there are States, where they charge SALES tax on LABOR, which does not involve any SALE. This seems to be illogical and unfair, especially when you don't have pay for the Government labor, but forced to pay for private business labor...

..."Most states recognize the acquistion fees aren't really for any service rendered... they are just a way to pad the leasinig bank's profits."...

Acquisition fee is for the service rendered. It is a fee, that is paid to people, who spend their time to do the paperwork and arrange financing for the bank, which is labor...

Well, in CA you can do the trick for sure. Other States - you have to check, if there is a sales tax on labor...
  • chiradchirad Member Posts: 5
    hello everyone! just looked at a 2010 C300 sport 4 matic in chicago with P1 package, Multimedia pkg, Panorama roof and AMG wheels.
    MSRP $46835
    Offer: $5000 down with 36 month lease at $597/month. includes taxes and maintenance pkg
    seems high? any help???
    Read posts on this board posted after 1/12/2010, thats when program changed... They bought similar cars. Also shop your numbers with different dealerships and ask if they can do better...You can do it through the e-mail.
  • jrzjrz Member Posts: 4
    what is the best price to pay for a black C300 sport with automatic and wood trim only? Best price to buy or best price to lease. I am in Ft. Lauderdale
    I just bought c300 4matic heated seats and wood grain for $35706. msrp was $39804. Check truecar.com for best price. That was in Boston.
  • realtortimrealtortim Member Posts: 1
    I was able to get the following deal from a couple of dealers in the bay area:

2010 C300
    Premium Plus Package
    Multimedia
    Burl Wood
    MSRP: 41,955
    Purchase Price $37,082
    1st Payment + Taxes (Drive-off): $1270.42
    Cap Cost Reduction: $1500 - See Note Below
    Payment Incl Taxes: $529 per month
    36 months - 15K miles/month

On the cap cost reduction, this was paid as an incentive from USAA to Mercedes Benz. If you are a USAA member, you can get dealer incentives on all models of Mercedes and Chevrolet as well. Membership has its privileges I guess.

Anyway, I want to thank all the previous users of the forum for helping me negotiate something I felt comfortable with. Hopefully this helps someone else. Also, make sure to check www.leasecompare.com for current financing rates for MB.
  • glfanglfan Member Posts: 18
    Just got quoted a deal with a lease factor of .00166. MBWorld shows 0.00095. Huge difference in prices($50/month). Which is correct? Did anyone get quoted 0.00095 this month?
    I'm quite sure the money factor is .00159. I just leased a c300 and that is the money factor they used. I'm in Boston though...not sure if that makes a difference.
  • sanjeevhsanjeevh Member Posts: 7
    Let me know if this is a good deal. I live in central NJ
    2010 C300 4matic (automatic)
    Premium Pkg 1 (heated seats and moonroof)
    Multimedia (Navigation plus couple other tech things)

I got 37k plus TTL.

Should I buy? I have already put $100 deposit
    Find out MSRP of the car and calculate invoice. This way you'll know the difference between Dealer cost and price they offered you. And go from there...
  • mb3213mb3213 Member Posts: 5
    Are you financing the car or leasing? Whats the MSRP of the car? Let me know
  • sanjeevhsanjeevh Member Posts: 7
    I ended up buying the following

C300 4matic black on black p2, multimedia and panoramic roof
    MSRP: 45715
    Paid: 39000 + TTL with 1.9% APR

Good deal?

I have offer to take 4 year hassle free maintenance for $1000. Should I take it?

Thanks
    Sanjeev
    edited March 2010
    Mercedes-Benz Financial just came out with much better specials in March. You can lease C300 Sport with about $800 less out of pocket and have $30 less per each monthly payment, and $50 less for C300 4Matic monthly payment. Also they lowered special APR for long term financing. MB Financial cut they lease and finance rates across all models, especially GLK and CLS Class.

You can view all the special deals here:March, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials vs. February. You can also compare the difference between March vs. February improvements.

Anyone, who was waiting for the good deals - now is time!
  • reindhar7reindhar7 Member Posts: 4
    Just got a C300 sport 4MATIC black/black
    p2, multimedia, burl walnut wood, panoramic
    MSRP: 45715 Paid: 41000+TTL
    Not as good deal as others' here but still 1k under invoice
  • charlie99charlie99 Member Posts: 6
    Dealer is asking $23,995. Is this a reasonable price? Has 32K miles on it. Was also looking a 328i but flat run tires are a turn off and I read many bad reviews on them. Also test drove Audi A4 but bad reviews on oil consumption.

The reviews on the C class seem very positive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    2007 could be 4 year model, you have to check the original date of sale. Also if you finance new 2010 C300 - you can get as low as 1.9% APR, but 2007 model should get aprox. 6-7% APR. So if you finance - you might spend overall more for what you get.

Original warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. So you will have 0 or 1 year/8k miles left. However, if this car is MB Certified - then you'll have 1 or 2 years/68k miles left. + certified means the car is extra clean and has clean history.

You can research prices on Certified pre-owned Benz anywhere in USA here: Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned anywhere in USA - so you can have an idea of pricing. Just wait a few seconds until it loads in real time.
  • reindhar7reindhar7 Member Posts: 4
    What dealer is this if I may know ?
  • debraaz1debraaz1 Member Posts: 10
    I am in So Fl and 2 dealers in palm beach and in delray are honoring this lease I found on the rebates incentives page yesterday( I think it changed today) any way, Do you think it should include tax, title and tags in the $459?
    I am new to this and need help- what questions should I ask- money factor?
    residual-
    does anyone know what I should ask for and if I could get more options so I am nt baited and switched.?
    I don't want to wind up paying more than I should thanks
    Here it is what was listed :
    $459 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $0 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions The Sign and Drive lease is based on the equipped with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package (P1) and MSRP of $40,275. Dealer contribution of $1,680 is required for the $459 lease special. Dealer is responsible for the first monthly payment. See dealer for details.
    Comments $0 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
    Where did you get this deal from? Dealer? If not - you should contact dealerships directly for a quotes. Contact more than 1, first by e-mail, so they will compete for your business. There are 26 MB dealerships in Florida, so its very competitive State.

To make your life simpler, ask for: how much is TOTAL drive - off (total amount out of pocket - all inclusive) and TOTAL monthly payment (including tax). This way you don't need to negotiate any fees, taxes and bank interest separately. Whoever gives you the lowest payments - wins!
    I found the deal on Edmunds . I clicked all incentives and rebates . All car makes were listed and I clicked on the c-class lease deal, and there it was- Both dealers had to have me email the deal and they both said it is valid.'
    So you think I should send the link to all 26 dealers and see who can do the best.
    One dealer told me the offer did not include tax, tags and title, without a cost. The other hasn't gotten to cost yet.
    I want someone to also include all maintainence and whatever else they can do to get the deal. It's better than the leases I saw on the same link yesterday, but since my offer runs till 3/31. I am ok.
    Also, I want to register the car in MD and tax is prepaid to make it more confusing. Any advise helps. On this kind of offer, does it matter what the cost of the car is and the residual?
    What I'm saying is: do not make offers to dealers, based on any information that you have seen anywhere. It's the same thing as playing poker with the open cards. Any info that you have - keep to yourself and don't reveal it.

Make dealers to open their cards first, by making an offer to you and not vice versa. Then you can judge their offer, by the information that you had before.

What if this dealer was ready to offer $50 less per month? But because you made first offer - they would quietly agree or even try to bump a little higher.

Good salesperson does not make offers. He always tries to extract the first offer from the customer using techniques like: " I don't know if I can do it, but if it was possible - can we make a deal right now?" Basically, he goes for your commitment to buy, instead of giving you a commitment to sell. That's how he makes money.

While you can't change Residual (unless you change mileage), you can and should negotiate the selling price. The lower the selling price - the lower monthly payment, because the Residual calculates from the MSRP (which does not change).
    thanks storm 10. I will email the exact car secs out to all So Fl dealers and see where thy come back to me. THis offer I emailed to you is for a 4WD and I don't need one in Florida. I am glad I only have to do this every 3 years.
  • yossi_1958yossi_1958 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I leave in South FL and am in the same situation but can lease only in May. Do you mind sharing with me the prices you get? email is ziyonim58@aol.com
    Thanks. P.S I understand if you do not wish to do it.
  • benytonbenyton Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2010 C350 with multimedia package for 38100 (dealer included mudguards and all season floor mats). I'm in northern california and shopped online first, then gave the local dealer the best offer and they beat that by a couple hundred. Researched edmunds, truecar and KBB to get an idea for what others were paying. Seemed like a reasonable offer with 1.9% financing for 36 months. What do you all think?
    What was MSRP of the car?
    MSRP was $43,275. Truecar gives an estimate of anything under $38,861 being a good deal. So thought it was a definite go at the time!
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    The invoice on the car is 40,307. If you subtract the holdback (1298.25), you get a cost of 39008.75.

How did you get them to go 900 under that cost??? Thank You for sharing.
    Actually invoice is $40,907. You can calculate the exact and real invoice (not approximate) here: Mercedes Invoice calculator.
    So its $2,807 under invoice! This sounds impossible or mistake. If you can get $1,700 under invoice on C350 - you should take it.
    Unless he took some kind of employee program deal or some incentives, that are not available to regular people....
    Thanks for the price info. I couldn't quite figure out the actual invoice before I bought, so I just based my decision using kbb, truecar and edmunds figures. All I did was submit an online price quote request through edmunds.com to area dealerships with the specs I was looking for. I ended up with 3 quotes in 4 days; 38999, 38860 and 38300. I then went to dealership where we test drove the car (and also the closest to home) and asked if they could beat the lowest price. Lo and behold, they said they could give me 38100. All I said was throw in some all season car mats and you have yourself a deal!

I have to say, it was the easiest car purchase ever. Online shopping is definitely the way to go for me! :)
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    May I ask what is the dealership name? Should I approach the internet dept?

I would love to get the same discount.
    The dealership I went to was MB of walnut creek in california. I would definitely submit an online price quote request with your specific C350 specs to several businesses first, take the best offer, and then approach the dealership. Hopefully, the prices they quote will already be within or below your intended purchase price (as was mine). Then take the best offer and ask the fleet manager (or sales rep if you already talked to someone) at the dealership and see if they can beat that offer. The rest is history!

Good luck and hope that helps!
    Congratulations,
    You got excellent deal and you had a good shopping strategy.
    Today, Mercedes-Benz extended March C-Class lease and finance specials until May 3rd. They also improved their programs and lowered rates for E, GLK, S and R Class.

Mercedes-Benz USA records March sales of 19,637 Passenger Cars and Light Truck Vehicles - which is an improvement of 25.9 Percent over March 2009, so I guess MBUSA is trying to set record sales this year. It's good, because they continue to keep low rates.

You can see all the current April specials here: April, 2010 Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials vs. March, and also compare them to March specials - to see what changed.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    The dealer is telling me to get a 4-matic C300 instead of a regular one because the lease for a 4-matic is cheaper than the C300 (identically equipped otherwise). Any truth to this?
    It's unusual, but true. Actually, it's not cheaper - it's almost the same. But considering that C300 4Matic is more expensive car - but if you get the same payments - it's a better deal. If you read my previous post #1086 and click on the link with specials - you'll notice, that C300 Sport and C300 4 Matic have exactly the same special lease deal: same down and the same monthly payment, but MSRP is different.

However, don't forget that 4Matic consumes a little more gas and insurance can be more expensive for a 4wheel drive. So it depends where you live and if you get snow in the winter - get 4 Matic, but if you live in So California or Florida - non 4Matic may be a better choice anyway.
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    The C300 is somewhat under powered already, with 4matic, more so. But if power is not critical, 4matic is definitely the way to go with the better lease, not just for snow countries, but for areas with frequent major storms.