Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• mb007mb007 Member Posts: 10
    When is the best month/time for buying year end model 2010? Will Mercedes Benz have cash incentive for 2010 soon? I am looking for a deal with 20% off from MSRP.
    Is it possible. Please advice
  • umbelwheatumbelwheat Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. If you work out the numbers it comes out to about $300 profit for the dealer.

I recently did a similar deal on a c300 4matic luxury with premium 1, grill conversion, and ipod adapter.
    MSRP: $41,020
    Due at signing: $1732
    Monthly payment $450 ($461 with MB maintenance)

Hope you enjoy it. That is the most important part. I sure will!
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    All remaining 2010 C-Classes have special cash incentives as of August. You can see August specials here: August Mercedes-Benz Finance and Lease Specials
    Now you can easily get 20% discount or more, depending on equipment. I can give dealership and managers name who is discounting more than 20% off MSRP in Southern California. If anyone is interested e-mail me at igb10@yahoo.com.
    Look like Mercedes Benz does not have cash incentive yet but I think they will later. They have lease special deals now but I am not interested in leasing a C300.

Thanks storm10, but I don't live n Southern California.
    There is a difference between REBATE and CASH INCENTIVE. Reabates are offered to customers and widely advertised. Cash incentives are offered to dealers from manufacture and not advertised at all, but Dealership can easily discount their car in the amount of incentive without loosing any money. It's actually better than REBATEs because if you use rebate - you still have to pay sales tax on it. But cash incentives just apply to the discount of the car itself, so you don't pay sales tax on it.

You can easily get 20% or more discount if you lease or buy - does not matter. The only thing you have to pay is shipping charge from So Cal.
  • dthorn1dthorn1 Member Posts: 17
    This is my first time buying a new car. Just got a quote from local dealer.

C300 RWD
    Iridium Silver
    Black MB-Tex
    P01 Premium I Package: SIRIUS Satellite
    17" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
    Dynamic Rear View Monitor
    Multimedia Package: 7" Power Retract
    Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Mer
    Panorama Sunroof
    7-Speed Automatic Transmission
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    KEYLESS-GO

Total $36105+tax+license

What would be a good deal for the options like this?
    What is the MSRP and location of dealer?
    MSRP is $4,4605 in Seattle. They also quoted me with leasing at $545/month, $900 down, 36month, 10,000miles. What do you think? How much can I bargain?
    good deal but bargain for at least $1,000 more.
    $1000 off sale price? They quoted me $36,105. Do you think I can get the monthly payment down below $500?

They also used a very high money factor of 0.00285, allegedly because of $4100 dealer discount.
    update:

C300RWD
    premium 1
    multimedia package
    keyless go
    walnut wood trim
    autotransmission

OTD: $38, 818

sounds like a deal? anyone? can I ask for maintenance to be included with this price? or is it too much to ask?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited August 2010
    It would be a lot easier for someone to tell you if it's a good deal if you show the MSRP and the actual selling price.

When you say out the door, it's hard for anyone to tell what the actual selling price is.
    sorry, MSRP is $43,385
  • alkfungalkfung Member Posts: 2
    Wow - sounds like I found a great forum. I'm looking to purchase my first Mercedes C300 Sport 4Matic. MSRP on it is 46,145 with destination and delivery. Dealer is asking 40,607... I have a feeling they have room to move? What do you guys thing? 20%, we're looking at roughly $37k. Is that reasonable?
    20% to 24% off from MSRP is very doable with 2010 C300 now.
    are you guys talking about the selling price be 20%-24% off MSRP? or OTD price?
    edited August 2010
    Selling price. And I would say if you can get 20% off, you are doing good. Then you add sales tax, license & registration, and doc or conveyance fee. And if you are leasing, don't forget to add the acquisition fee.
  • lanamjalanamja Member Posts: 1
    I want to know dealership and managers name. I already sent e-mail.
    please, check you e-mail. thank you
    Hey guys,

I have a questions, can I buy a "new" car with a few hundred miles on it? The dealer said his son drove it for a couple of days. Could this be a problem?
    That considers to be an used car. It needs to certified and different warranty.
    so a brand new car would have 0 miles on it? or a few miles because of test drive?
    edited August 2010
    It is not uncommon for dealers to use cars for themselves or family members. As long as it has not been registered, it is still technically considered a new car. Should be no problem, although you should ask for a discount to compensate for the demo mileage.

Almost all cars will have some miles on them. This varies by make, but 5 to 50 miles are not uncommon.
    thx jwilliams2, but I've decided to move on because this car needs to be transported from the other coast, not worth the risk and money.
    why don't you get a car from your local dealers? Where do you live?
  • ks1977ks1977 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys. I'm new to the forum...what a great find this place is. I had no idea all this information was available.

I'm new to car buying...driven lemons most of my life...buying my first nice car. Looking for a 2010 C300 sport sedan. I've been doing a little back and forth negotiating with various dealers and today was quoted a selling price that comes to 24.5% off MSRP. The car has the features I want and the only drawback is that the dealership is located an hour and a half away.

What do you guys think? Can I do better or should I be satisfied with this?
    From what I've seen people on this forum say, it seems that anything more than 20% off MSRP is pretty good. Anyone have any luck getting even more than 25% off MSRP?
    I am shopping the local dealers. But they don't have the options I want. That's why they're trying to transport cars from other places.
    I think responded to everybody by now...
    Before you buy C300, here is the question:
    Do you really know the difference between Luxury and Sport edition?

Here is the most meticulous and detailed comparison between 2 models: Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sport sedan vs. Luxury sedan. It completely covers the evolution of the modern C-Class. Side by side illustrated comparison and complete breakdown of all cons and pros of each model.
    Most surprising to me was: these 2 models have actually different engines and 1 of them has ability to use other than gasoline fuel ! Must-read to anyone who considers new C-Class!
    edited August 2010
    mb007,

Thanks so much for your information, I finally drove home with my new C300 last night. The final selling price was 25.6% off MSRP. I'm pretty happy about it.

And the car is so sexy. lol.
  • lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Congrats. What dealership was it? What was the MSRP please?
    Thank You,
    It's in Seattle. If you are in the area, let me know, I'll be happy to share their contact info.

MSRP was $43,965
    congratulations dthorn1.
    you are the man. Was the car made in Germany or South Africa?
    Thanks mb007.

I forgot to check that. but I think it was made in South Africa. I hardly see any Germany-made cars unless it was an EU delivery.
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    This was posted on a bmw forum yesterday. I guess there is good trunk money on leftover MY2010 C300s right now

Mercedes C300 4MATIC Sport sedan 2010
    MSRP $46,605
    Final price $34,700

Options:
    Iridium silver metallic
    Premium 1 package+Sirius satellite radio
    Multimedia package
    Rearview monitor
    7-speed auto transmission
    Keyless-go
    Panorama sunroof
    Walnut wood trim
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2010
    If my math is right that's around 25% off MSRP. Wow.

Any idea where this deal was available as my local dealer has quoted around 17-18% off.

Does anyone have any idea how to search the national MB inventory database as there doesn't seem to be a link on MBusa's website?
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Mercedes is running roughly $4000-4500 in incentives right now on C Class models. Added with a typical 10%-15% off of MSRP(Mercedes have very high margins on option compared to invoice/actual prices the dealer pays), I can see prices like that.

Of note is that a C350 only actually costs $2K more than a similar C300 due to the fact that the C350 comes with equipment standard that you pay a couple of thousand extra for on the C300. Also the incentives are larger on the C350, so IMO, it's worth the extra 2K or so.

Basically get a C350 with real leather seats and wood trim and no other options. Total invoice for that would be $39,992 minus $4500 in factory to dealer incentives. Figure $36K with some profit for the dealer in the mix. A similar C300 Sport with automatic is $38,095 minus $4200 in incentives. I guarantee you'll not miss the 1mpg difference. But the extra power and resale value will more than compensate for such a small difference.
    plekto,

From what i understood the great lease deals are only on the C300s and not the C350s - or am I mistaken?

Can I get the $4-4.5K incentive AND 10-15% off MSRP with the C350 as well???
    Your figures are based only on the cash incentive and don't take into account any additional discount off MSRP.
    I guess what I'm saying is if it's possible to get the 20-25% (all inclusive) discount on a C350 as well? :confuse:

Does the C350 come standard with Nav and rearview camera?

My local dealer only has C300s in stock - no C350s. :(
  • taku87taku87 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what dealership you got it from. What was the MSRP ?
    True, there are only lease deals on the C300s, and that cash is other than financing(as it has been since the dark ages in the Auto business). But, yes, 4-4.5K factory to dealer incentives plus whatever end of year/old model pricing that the dealer is throwing in to move old stock as the 2011C class models are coming in literally a week or two and they need to make room for the new stock.

But to be honest, 90%+ will charge MSRP minus $4500 and not budge one penny because they're greedy. Deals like you see posted here are often the rare exception than the rule.

Yes, I went online and found the actual invoice prices. You can work from there - add $300-$500 as a typical profit amount. The C350 Sport comes standard with automatic and luxury package 1, unlike the base C300 Sport. So it's a smaller difference than it first appears to be.

But you have to get it with almost no options at all or else the packages will literally eat you alive. Mercedes Nav is a joke, btw, as is their multimedia interface(useless to control your iPod unlike an Acura TSX. Their leather is actually hardly any better than the MB Tex(massive step down from the real full-grain leather in the S class), and the rear-view camera isn't needed as long as you have the rear spoiler(it gives you a perfect idea where the rear end is when parking)

Just get the wood trim, rear spoiler, and pretty much nothing else. LED lights and other idiocy isn't worth the silly prices. But as it is, the basic C350 Sport is a fine car that nothing GM or Japan makes the likes of. It hits that nice sweet spot that Volvo used to occupy 10-15 years ago. A bit luxurious, yet with a proper refined ride at the same time. A great small highway cruiser and decent family vehicle all in one(new Volvos somehow lost that magic...)
  • alkfungalkfung Member Posts: 2
    Do yu guys think the factory incentives are still good in Sept? I'm way out on business in Hong Kong and won't return untl Sept...
    Thanks Plekto - much appreciated.

I'm going to the delaer tomorrow. Let's see what they quote !
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    this is exactly what I did in 08 - looking at the C class and with incentives it was a no-brainer to go with the 350. Got myself a Tom-Tom for christmas and I am set.

two years later I still get a smile each morning as I jump in and fire it up. :shades:
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    I'm not aware of where the deal was found (it was posted as an FYI more than anything else and didn't generate much debate there), but apparently it isn't completely unheard of. A few posts up there are other people who have gotten 20-25% off overall from MSRP by combining the usual negotiation with the current rebates.

I did like the other suggestion here about looking at C350s as well. If one can get a comparably equipped 350 for not much more than a 300, why not?
  • artbyalexartbyalex Member Posts: 1
    Dthorn1, can you share with me the contact info? I'm also in the Seattle area and in the market for a c300.
    I got mine from the Lynnwood dealer. As you know, there are 6 or 7 dealers in WA, only 4 in the vicinity. So I'd suggest you shop around these dealerships since the one I got my car from may not necessarily offer you the same deal. Good luck.
  • nic61974nic61974 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to whether this is a good deal or not:
    2011 C300 W4
    Premium 1 package
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Heated Front Seats
    MSRP: 41,140

Here are the leasing options they sent me:

36 Month lease with 10,000 per year @$498.58 per month with $1777.23 at inception
    42 Month lease with 10,000 per year @$475.05 per month with $1753.70 at inception
    48 Month lease with 10,000 per year @445.55 per month with $1724.20 at inception

I am wondering if I should shop the other MB dealership which has 2010 C300's on the lot to see if they can really beat these prices.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks.
    If you are looking to lease - go for 2011 model for a SHORT TERM - 27 months!
    Mercedes-Benz Financial just came out with very attractive 27 month leases on 2011 C-Class models - very high residual value!
    You can view all the new September programs here: September 2010, Current Mercedes-Benz Lease and Finance Specials. If you are looking to buy, then you still get more saving on remaining 2010 models...if you can still find any...
    edited September 2010
    The lease inception is the killer. Let's work out the payments.

36 months: 19726.11
    42 months: 21705.80
    48 months: 23111.06

You are far better off buying it and obtaining their low financing rates. You'll have higher payments, but will have no mileage or wear penalty at the end as well as be able to sell it after 4 or 5 years to regain 15K or so. Or keep it if you desire. I get about $490 a month for 48 months considering this(or less depending upon how much you can sell the car for, of course)

The end result is about the same cost. I just don't like contracts, fine print, and the miserably low 10K a year mileage limitation. That alone can cost you another couple of thousand dollars if you drive even 12-15K a year.

Note - the reason it's a wash, more or less, is because of the $4500 in factory to dealer incentives on 2010 models. This drops the price, combined with the financing(you should qualify if you do for their lease), to quite reasonable rates. I've seen cars like the one you are interested in for about $36K. Leases are always based upon MSRP, so that's a large factor in favor of buying at the end of the model year versus leasing.

The trick, of course, is finding any. Expect nearly all of them to be gone in the next couple of weeks.
  • ruggmanruggman Member Posts: 15
    Hi All,

Enjoy the forum. Thanks for everyone's good discussions.
    First offer on 2010 C300 Sport 4matic. Looking at other offers, have some room to go down, but what is reasonable to push for? Anything else to request, maintenance?
    Thanks a lot!

Based upon 44005 MSRP and 37215 selling price

MSRP 44,005
    Discount -6790
    Fees (doc & lic) 400
    Tax (9.8%, ouch!) 3647.07
    Net Price 41,262

Details
    C300 4matic 37,100
    color 720
    P02 Premium 2 Package 3700
    UMI 1290
    Wood trim 320
    destination and delivery 875

2011 offered at better interest rate (1.9%) but less of a discount (-2250, selling price 41979)
  • eee0114eee0114 Member Posts: 1
    Okay, am I getting a good deal?

2010 C300 Sport 4MATIC
    MSRP $39,485
    Black/Black
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Heated Front Seats
    Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    OTD: $33,200

First of all I am not sure I am getting a good deal and this one does not have P1 thus not 100% sold on it.