Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• fourfourtwofourfourtwo Member Posts: 13
    I just bought the same car you describe with the P1 package and metallic paint for $33,000 before doc fees, title charge and tax.

The msrp on mine was $41,690.

Hope that helps.
  • ruggmanruggman Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for reply.
    I went with P2 with panorama, COMAND DVD.
    MSRP 46,405.
    Paid 36,775 + TTL.

Very excited.
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    I know I don't have all the details but I have a quote on a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic that has the premium package, navigation/command, and AMG wheels. The MSRP is 44,425. They have quoted me a lease of $486.23 including 7% sales tax on the payment each month. This is the 27 month lease with 15K miles. They are giving me $1K more for my trade-in than I owe and I have to pay the first month's payment and two state mandated fees at inception. Does this sound like a good deal?
    Here is how it breaks down.

MSRP 44,135
    Net Selling Price 39,940
    Prepaid Maintenance 769
    Total Sales Price 40,709
    Tire Tax 1.25
    Doc Fee 150
    Trade-in Equity 300
    Cash due at signing $773.95 (1st payment, 1.25 tire tax, $150 doc fee, 15 days of interest on current car which I should get most of it back)

Lease Term 27 months
    Mileage 33,750
    Residual $30,534.72

I am pretty sure they didn't give me the buy rate of .00084 but rather .00125 or something close to that.

Monthly Payment $454.70 + $31.83 sales tax = $486.53

Still sound like a good deal?
  • justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Did you have to pay an acquisition fee for the lease? Usually $795.
    There is no mention of it on the Buy Order. I tried to calculate the lease and I come up very close to their payment (within a buck) number if I use .00125 and all the figures above.
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Member Posts: 31
    Hey,
    I was talking to a dealer about the 2011 C300W4.
    Unfortunately, around NY/NJ area, there aren't 2010's anymore.
    So I was quoted a C300W4
    p1 pkg, pano, mult pkg and etc with a MSRP of 45,230,
    and the dealer was willing to sell it for 42,000.
    Does this deal seem fair? or should I wait until the end of the year?
    thanks
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    Unfortunately, new MBF financial October programs became worse than they were in September, in regards to C-Class. Both lease and financing. The reason is MB built new factory plants in South Africa (out of all countries) to boost C-Class production. After workers went on the usual strike, C-Class production got frozen. SoCal dealers usually carry 70-120 C-Classes in stock, but now they have only 10-15. So don't expect to get bottom line deals easily, until the availability returns to normal condition.

The good news, there are still pretty good deals available. You can check out October specials here: October Mercedes-Benz Financial and Lease Specials.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to talk with a new Mercedes C-Class owner, as well as anyone who recently bought a new Mercedes after having owned Lexus models in the past. Thanks for sending your contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, October 12, 2010.
  • iluvedmundsiluvedmunds Member Posts: 2
    First of all, thanks for all the previous posts. They allowed me to negotiate with more information. Therefore, I feel it's only right that I share what I was able to negotiate. I also recently bought a 2010 C300 AWD at $10k discount from the MSRP including shipping and handling which I believe is $875. My understanding is that not every dealer is willing to do this kind of discount because among other factors, it depends on their inventory of C300s on the lot since 2011 models are not arriving at the lot at the pace the dealers had expected (this was also mentioned by a previous post). So you might have to check a few dealerships, my recommendation is to start with email quotes just to get an idea if big discount is even a possibility so as to save you the trouble of haggling at the dealership, but at some point you do need to show up so that they know you are serious. The bigger discount for October is only for AWD not the RWD. I believe the difference in incentives is about 2k. And by the way, make sure you do research on financing first on your own. I got 2.99% over 60months. and there are a few banks that might offer you that depending on where you live. I am sure if you google 2.99 auto loan" you can find some. However if you walk into the dealership, they might not offer you that when they are readily available if you do some research on your own.
    Good luck!
  • grios1grios1 Member Posts: 22
    Hello, Can anyone advise if scheduled maintenance was included for 2008 C Class models?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Hello, Can anyone advise if scheduled maintenance was included for 2008 C Class models?

No. You may have had the option to prepay at the time of purchase, but it was not included with the purchase or lease of the car.
  • jim407jim407 Member Posts: 2
    I just quoted today. And so far what I get the best
    2010 C300W4 $37,100
    755 Steel Grey $720
    101 Black Interior
    P01 P01 Premium I Package: SIRIUS Satellite $2,300
    320 320 Multimedia Package: 7" Power Retract $2,650
    444 444 Sport Sedan Package Plus One $250
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim $320

SUBTOTAL $43,340
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $44,215

Your Purchase Price: $34,371!!!

not many stocks for 2010. is this a good deal
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.
  • frankhawkfrankhawk Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    just bought one today in SoCal.

Black C300 Sport 33,990

Options:
    1. Automatic transmission 1,490

2. Nav (not the multimedia one) 1,290

the extra 1400 for the multimedia is not worth it, especially since all of them have ipod adaptors, and Sat radio anyways. you're basically paying $1,400 for 2 extra inches. may as well buy a nice Sony/Google TV for that kind of money)

3. Heated Seats 750
    (not really necessary in SoCal, but the car on the lot had it. They just threw it in when i said i didn't want it)

4. Wood Trim 325
    (try finding a car without it!)

5. Destination Fee 875
    (standard)
    ======================
    Total MSRP: 38,720
    Invoice: 36,094

After some negotiation, my purchase price: 34,180
    Drive off: $2,000 (includes tax, tags, license, first months payment, financing fee)
    Money Factor: 0.0016
    Lease Payments: 380 + tax
    Lease term: 27 months
    =============================
    Searched a lot to get this deal. Best dealerships to deal with in SoCal:
    1. Encino (speak with Guy)
    2. Beverly Hills (Speak with Mark)
    3. Silver Star in Thousand Oaks (Speak with Ian)

Worst Ones (rude, obnoxious service, and no phone service):
    1. Fletcher Jones in Costa Mesa <--- unbelievably rude. dealt with Candice here

2. Valencia <--- they low ball the price to get you to drive to the dealership (soooo far for me), and then the guy who you deal with over the phone is magically "not there", and they try and shove a new deal down your throat. Just walked out when the guy refused to honor the deal i spoke to him over the phone about.

3. Calabasas <--- don't do business with 'Omega' the dude is just continuously trying to pull fast ones, and lies non stop, was just toooo much to handle.

====================================

Things I've learned the last three weeks:

1. Go to the dealership to check out the car, test drive it, figure out EXACTLY what options you want, THEN WALK AWAY AND GO HOME.

2. NEVER NEGOTIATE AT THE DEALERSHIP, go straight home.

3. when you're sure you know exactly what you want then call three or more dealerships in a 40 mi radius and get some quotes. Make them beat invoice as a starting point.

4. if they say they can't give you a quote over the phone, and that you need to come to the dealership, DON'T GO. thats pure BS, they just want to wear you down.

Negotiating over the phone is way more effective. they know they're just a button away from losing you. If you go to a dealership, it take more time and effort to get there, and you're always more likely to compromise and not get your ideal price.

don't get attached to a salesman.
    don't ever fall for their guilt trips, its a ploy. I've heard soooo many its ridiculous.
    push them for the best deal. its your money, you worked hard for it, don't just give it away.

HAPPY HUNTING!
  • dealzonbenzesdealzonbenzes Member Posts: 5
    How many miles per year did you get?
  • frankhawkfrankhawk Member Posts: 2
    15,000 miles/yr
  • e120711e120711 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Dear Car_man or any other member who contributing to help saving millions of hard working dollars,

Does Mercedes offers dealers incentives this year to get rid of 2010 demos. From past I noticed that it was around 5k for 2009. There is couple 2010 c-class demo with around 7,000 miles, although they never been registered, I do not think it fare to treat them as a 0 mile 2010 car. Any input will be helpful.

Once again, thank you very much Car_man and his helpers for saving a lots of money, energy and sanity for countless people around the nation. I hope one day current car dealership business model will become more simpler and transparent.
  • 2010carsearch2010carsearch Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for sharing your experience in negotiating your car purchase. I am interested in purchasing a 2010 C300 Auto transmission. Have not decided on the sport or luxury model. Will test drive both models to narrow the decision. Given the time of year, limited inventory of 2010 models, would it be worth pursuing a 2010 model? Can I expect a savings in a 2010 model vs. the 2011 model. I would assume that dealers are motivated to clear their 2010 inventories.
    2012 redesigned C-Class will be released in about 6 months! Huge improvements! My advice: if you can wait, don't buy 2011 model, unless you can get super cheap deal. If you want to lease - don't lease for more than 2years or 27 months.
    Read this article: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class upcoming changes: SNEAK PEEK, so you can understand why...
  • glesgabhoyglesgabhoy Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the heads up on the 2012 model.

just been quoted.
    c300 sport black with almond mocha automatic, p1 package, Nav 4 package and wood trim.
    MSRP $40,715
    Invoice $38,427.00
    Selling price = $36,900

27 months x 12k
    $472 per month tax included.
    $1004 upfront inclusive 1st month payment.

is this a good deal ?
  • smiley415smiley415 Member Posts: 8
    Hi is this for 2011 model and where did you get this quote from?
  • evjonevjon Member Posts: 5
    Can someone provide me the March 2011 MBF money factor and residual for a 33 month lease at 10,000 miles on a 2011 C300 Sport . Also at 12,000 and 15,000 miles.

Thank you.
    2011 C300 buy rate for Tier 1 credit is 0.00109

Residual for 33 mo:

7.5k/yr- 65%
    10k/yr - 64%
    12k/yr - 63%
    15k/yr - 61%
    20k/yr - 56%
  • lawyermilloylawyermilloy Member Posts: 3
    Looking to see if there is any recent leases done that can share the experiences/deal they got? Looking @ C300 sport in Dallas area.
  • 2k5ml3502k5ml350 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Just received an offer on 2011 C300 4Matic Sport

Mars Red/Blk
    P01
    Dynamic Rear View Monitor
    Multimedia package
    Burl walnut
    heated front seats
    18" AMG alloy wheels
    sport sedan: sport body styling

msrp $45,635
    'OTD' $39,750

Is this a good deal?

thanks!
  • tuzi11tuzi11 Member Posts: 1
    $41,690 ->$33,000 ! That's a great deal! would you mind sharing your dealer name with me? I am looking for a C-300 now, trying to find some good deal.
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    Hello I am wondering how you are calculating the right lease amount after getting msrp, sales price and rates for the related month. Do you use a specific calculator ? Because the ones that I try on web give me way higher outputs such as the one in mbusa web site than comments here. I am planning to get the 2012 automatic c class with couple extras lets say

negotiated sales price is 36000 and
    msrp was 40000.
    top tier credit score,
    todays interest rates and
    36 months 12000 miles a year
    1000 down

Can you give me a reasonable range for 36 moths lease?

Thanks in advance.
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Hi All,

I guess inventory is getting low on 2011 C300's so I need to move on this pretty fast. Can you tell me if this is a good deal and if anything is negotiable? According to the salesperson, its an amazing deal and not negotiable anymore. Its seems to good to be true and Im afraid what might change once I get the the contract stage that things may be changed. Please give me any advice you can.

Car: New 2011 MERCEDES BENZ C CLASS C300W1 Sport (black/black)
    Term: 33 months
    Allowed Miles per Year: 12,000
    Total Mileage Allowed: 33,000
    Total Inception Fees: $1500 (includes 1st payment, fees/insurance)
    monthly payment: $379 (includes taxes)

Options included in this deal:
    Extras: Ipod Kit: $380
    Wood Trim: $325
    Automatic Transmission: $1,490

Vehicle Price (MSRP): $37,060.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$4,734
    Total Selling Price: $32,326
    Total Capital Cost: 33,113
    Sales Tax (estimate): +$1,981.87
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): +$300
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: +$8.50
    Tag Agency Fee: +$98.75
    Documentation Fee: +$599.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $35,315.07

Retention Rate (money factor): 0.00109
    Total Residual: 23,347
    Purchase Option: $23,497
    Cap Reduction: 7.52
    Excess Mileage Chrg: 0.25
    Max Reserve Rate: .00150
  • scgirl1scgirl1 Member Posts: 13
    That doesn't seem like a very deep discount for a 2011. You should be getting closer to $10,000 off for a close out 2011. If you're going to go with that lease you can get it on a 2012.
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    What boggles my mind, though, is why anyone would buy a 300 Sport and not get the manual transmission.
  • carpedrewumcarpedrewum Member Posts: 17
    5K sounds just about right hey.
    In SA it would go for just about the same price with the same mileage.
    I always check out websites that list second hand cars from private sellers and dealers when doing any potential purchase decisions.
    I was looking for a mercedes benz in south africa
    for my Aunt and used surf4cars, and we got all the comparison pricing I needed for when we finally went to the dealership. That way we managed to get a great deal. Try using one on your side of the world.
    Hope this helps."
  • laphotoglaphotog Member Posts: 1
    So I was talking to the dealer tonight. Looking at a C300, multimedia. MSRP $40k. My credit isn't spotless - a lil under 700. Out the door price 40k w/ $5k down and a trade in (tho its a 2000 suv w/ 150k miles).

Should I be looking for a better deal?
    edited July 2011
    Go to truecar.com and also cars direct.

I put in special paint, panoramic sunroof, luxury package, multimedia, automatic, leather, and so on - really loaded it up with extras. It came out to 40K. No trade-in, no 5K down.

If I select Sandstone Beige metallic (best color combo, IMO), the rear spoiler, and the multimedia option on a C300 luxury, truecar quotes me a MSRP of $40,995. I personally think that the car with that combo needs the panoramic sunroof, but YMMV. Set up that way, it kicks back $36,850.

The dealer you went to is playing games with you as the price you're being quoted seems about 4-5K too high.

Note - to further show that it's too high, I went to Mercedes site and chose the same car through their European delivery program. I get a total of $37274. Trust me, you really want to get the European delivery option if it's only $424 dollars more :) The downside is that you have to wait for it to be built. But if you select the Panoramic sunroof, that paint, and the spoiler, with a beige interior, you'll have to custom-order it anyways.
    I saw ONE of these for sale in the last year and it looked stunning as it was about half dark smoky glass and half painted that awesome color. The spoiler and the sunroof makes it look a bit more like a European hatchback and less like a typical car, IMO. Also, if you have the option, the 12 spoke wheels look much better than the standard ones.

And that's all not counting year-end discounts, which should be another 2-3K extra.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Please tell me where you can get 10k off ? We were offered $500 off sticker, and said if you don't want it we sell to someone else, good day.
  • van_infovan_info Member Posts: 7
    Hi, may I know where did you get the 5K off? I am in the market for C300 with AMG spoke and so far the dealer in Grapevine can only budget for $2K.
  • scgirl1scgirl1 Member Posts: 13
    I purchased it two years ago from Anaheim Mercedes...good luck:)
    Wow, 2012 C-Class is not even available yet, but there are special deals for leases already. Check it out: September Mercedes Lease Specials! With these deals for sedan and new coupe, I don't see any reason to get 2011 model.

Besides 2012 models have much better interior...
  • balto2balto2 Member Posts: 4
    Sticker $42,530. Last '11 in stock. Offer is $2k conquest cash b/c I own a '99 Lexus and $4k dealer discount for a total of $36,530 + tax + tags + dealer $199 fee. I can also get 1.9% financing for 36-months. Would the dealer be able to give me significantly more off than $4k? The car is tempting but I'm still looking at close to $40k with tax/tags/fees and over $40k with finance charges. Not a drop in the bucket to me. Any shot of another grand or more off or is this about the best I can hope for? Thanks in advance for any insight.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    What boggles my mind, though, is why anyone would buy a 300 Sport and not get the manual transmission.

Always amazed at the number of folks who assume that anyone in their righ mind would opt for a manual tranny. Here's a few reasons why I'd buy a sport with an auto tranny:
    - Don't know how to drive a manual. Sure I could learn, but read on...
    - My wife doesn't know how to drive a manual. Less likely to learn than me, expecially if not her full time car.
    - I am an admitted "multi-tasker" while driving (in a local sales job). Needing to shift manually would be a constant headache.
    - Live in an area that is very hilly (SW PA) and do a lot of my driving on local roads with lots of lights. The amount of stop and start driving I do would drive me nuts even more if I was constantly shifting.
    - Auto tranny's have improved to the point that many actually post better MPG ratings than their auto counterparts.
    If you live in LA and drive daily in traffic - manual transmission is a burden... plus it will be more difficult to resale in the future and get decent money or find the right buyer who wants it.

When I drive stick I waste more gas. I actually measured it.

2012 C-Class comes only with automatic transmission, because of very low demand for stick.

Luxury cars you expect automatic transmission for comfort reasons.

C-Class automatic transmission comes standard with 7-speed automatic touch-shift, so you are welcome to shift without the need of using clutch..
    Well, you can order it with manual...

As for driving, yes, I live in Los Angeles and the last traffic jam I was in, I counted. I shifted a whopping *five* times. It's about technique and if you are trying to drive on the person in front of you's bumper like an automatic, your leg will wear out quickly. If you drive stick, you absolutely have to unlearn the idea that your car should always be a constant distance from the one in front of you.

To be honest, the constant having to jam on the brakes over and over again as the car wants to creep forward is far more annoying to me in heavy traffic.

My take on a manual is that properly driven, it's a LOT easier in a traffic jam.
    Actually on 2012 C-Class you can not order stick anymore. It is not available even as option...

You are right about braking, but my point was you can also downshift with MB touch-shift transmission - which I always use. The only time I use brake pedal is when I need to stop completely. On my last E-Class, which I had for 39 months, I had never need to replace brake pads. When I turned my lease in, I still had more than 50%.
  • balto2balto2 Member Posts: 4
    Helped in-laws buy a 2012 C250 sedan yesterday in Palm Beach County, FL. Through negotiations with three dealerships, it became apparent that all would sell for 7% below MSRP. Ended up getting $2870 off $41,000 MSRP vehicle plus additional $1,000 conquest cash plus dealer gave $1,100 more than CarMax appraisal on the trade. It was the last day of the month but it's clear good discounts can be had despite the new model just arriving. 7% off MSRP is a bit less than invoice as apparently the dealers are giving up a bit of the 3% hold back.
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    Basic model : black/black/aluminum ... S32 Comand Package (available during launch of new model) ... Premium Package ... spoiler ... MSRP with $875 fee would be $39,405. Stumbled into email exchange with two dealerships (I had a misunderstanding at one place that led me to turn to out-of-neighborhood dealer who offered $500 discount on top on $2000 conquest discount, then told nearby dealer why I had bailed out and mentioned the $500) which ended up with $5K off that $39,405.
  • ctmbdriverctmbdriver Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I am looking to lease a 2012 C300 sport 4matic, and while the price, residual value and money factor all sound great, the monthly payments were very high.
    These are the details:

Sticker price 43,370
    negotiated down to 39,600
    residual value 29,057
    money factor .00195
    monthly payment for 30 month lease, 15k miles per year (with CT sales tax) $525!?!?

When I pressed for details, the dealer told me that there is also a rental charge that MB charges, they claim non-negotiable, which was $4,160.67 for this lease.

Is this rental charge above and beyond the money factor really typical of all MB leases?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    The "rent charge" is the finance portion of the lease.... calculated with the money factor..

There is no separate charge.. it's just part of the lease calculation. They are throwing numbers out, here and there, to confuse you. Instead of being upfront and showing you the entire deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dm46dm46 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    Bought 2012 c300 4matic, premium package, s32, keyless go
    MSRP 44530
    Paid 40230 (including 1500 rebate)+ Tax
    financing: 2.65% x 66 months
    Did I do well?
    input appreciated,
  • ccappaccappa Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2011
    dm46:

What was the $1500 rebate?
  • gattanigattani Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    @dm46 I think you did fine

just bought one yesterday
    Here is how it shook:
    Car purchased 2012 MB C350
    Negioted price = 89.5% of the MSRP ( 38900 for MSRP of 43500) That includes the conquer rebate of 2K
    +tax+doc fee

Finance 0.9% financing. The rate drops to 0.65% if you set up an ACH auto pay at the time of the loan application itself.
    HTH
    negotiatedprice you paid 90.3% ( I paid 89.5, so probably a bit better but only margially... but then again the cars we bought are different)
    Finance: 2.65 is great for 66 months.. The shorter term finance is much cheaper though!

@ccappa:
    There is a conquer rebate ( if you own bmw, acura lexus, audi etc)
    It is $1500 ot $2000 depending upon th ecar you buy.
    I