Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• swamiswami Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,
          I am a new user in Edmunds. I am planning to buy a Mercedes C - Class. and my budget is $25000 (Max). I am looking in Dallas area and am immediately moving to SanDiego. Which one is better place to buy the car. And also abt the dealers and offers. I am awaiting your replies.
  • pktennispkpktennispk Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2005 C230...black opal metallic, automatic, sunroof package, and CD changer...$30500 minus $1500 Love Mercedes coupon = $29000 plus license and tax. Not a bad deal....and what a slick ride! Love this car.
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    I think I heard a lease deal offered on the radio of $349 per month plus tax, nothing down, for 42 months, and 42,000 miles allowed. Anybody else heard this ad and inquired about the fine print? Am I wrong on the terms? Which dealership was it? Seems like a good deal
  • coco3coco3 Member Posts: 1
    You just raised the bar!! That is a very good price. Just recently I got the "bug" for a C230 for what you paid, I have found 2002 models with low mileage. When and with what dealer did you get yours?
  • big_sbbig_sb Member Posts: 4
    Does anybody have a love mercedes voucher that they didn't use? Let me know. Thanks.
  • dev1dev1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a C230K sedan in boston area and paid a horrible 584 $ over invoice + 318$ for registration, documentation etc. I was told later by several friends that I should not have forked out one cent over invoice. The MSRP was 31,360. The invoice 29,216 including 720$ destination. Financed the car for 4% after 10K downpayment.

LESSON: NEVER PAY OVER INVOICE! I feel sorry I got along with TMV.
  • bubba4bubba4 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased from Euromotorcars in Germantown, MD:

2005 C230 Sedan

Black Opal paint

Heated seats

Auto transmission

Sunroof Package

COMMAND Navigation

6 CD Changer

Dealer Installed Sirius Sat Radio

Trunk Cargo Tray

Sticker: $38,498

Invoice: $35,551

Price: $35,006 Before Coupon

Love Coupon: -$1500

Final Price: $33,506

This comes out to $2045 below invoice, and $4991 below sticker.
  • bubba4bubba4 Member Posts: 2
    Try ebay - I bought one for $18.
  • fmffmf Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a great deal. What was the MSRP on this vehicle and where did you purchase it?
  • landsteamlandsteam Member Posts: 9
    I will be picking up a 2005 c240 with 4matic, sunroof package, cd changer & metalic paint. My price is $31,500. I think this is a good price. The msrp is $37,460.
  • raj2raj2 Member Posts: 2
    Wow!! A good deal indeed with the 2005 240 4matic. Where are you getting such an excellant deal? Please let me know as I am in the market for exactly the same options plus the lighting package. Thanks.
    The deal is in the NY long island area.

No lighting package on this deal. It's only has the options that I am getting.
  • zappyzappy Member Posts: 1
    Hi evilangel,

Which dealer did u buy from?
  • raj2raj2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello landsteam,

How did you get the price down from $37,460 to $31,500. What kind of price did you start your bargaining at? Did you start even lower? I would never have imagined I could go so low! Carsdirect.com shows the price around $33,273 without any options added for my area (NJ). How were you able to get it so low with options included too? Really good deal indeed!!

Thanks

raj
  • savvybuyersavvybuyer Member Posts: 15
    Need opinion on price. Looking for C230K Coupe / AT / Sunroof and having real hard time finding it in Bay Area.

I am getting $4500 off MSRP (which equates to ~2,000 below invoice) on a C320 or C230 with few additional options that I don't need, discounted price is creeping up to little over 29,000. Is this a good deal? I can wait couple of weeks but want to cut a deal in next day or two if there are any manufacturer-to-dealer incentives expiring soon.

Impressed by landsteam's deal of ~$6000 off MSRP so wondering if what I am getting is reasonable.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Hi landsteam,

That is indeed a terrific price, but misleading to most of us. The car you bought is a Demo (or as Mercedes would call it, a 'Alt Trans Car") which the dealer has punched and is not supposed to sell until after 6 months demo service. You can easily check this by having the dealer show you the warranty start date. The invoice on this car is $34888 plus IRG, so you got lucky and the dealer is playing games. The rest of us will generally pay a small amount over invoice.
    jwilliams2 - you are correct that this may be a "demo" unit but it isn't necessarily bad.

Earlier in the quarter, MB had a deal where if a dealer can punch in the car, i.e. show it sold, they would get $1000 flat from MB. Many dealers chose to do so while leaving the car in the lot, i.e. not putting in as demo/service car.

So yes the warranty would have started but as long as duration is short (weeks), it makes little difference to the buyer.

Inspired by landsteam, I am negotiating C230 couple deal in Bay area with 2 dealers and they both are willing to offer $5500 off MSRP WITHOUT having punched the car. So there is room there if one is willing to negotiate hard.
    As a follow-up to my prior post, I have found a car in LA (I am in Bay area) and dealer is willing to offer $6000 off MSRP but I would need to pay transporation ($300 estimated). This deal sounds good and I am waiting to get it in writing to believe it.

So I would essentially purchase the car "remotely". Any word of advise on what I need to be careful of in this situation?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Not really, as long as the car only has delivery miles, was punched recently, and is a '05 model. These cars only have a 7% markup, and after the IRG charge generally nets down to 5 to 6%. A good deal on a new "C" Class is generally a $1200 to $1600 discount. So it sounds like you've done well. Coarse, the choices are limited, as these units represent a very small percentage of the dealers inventory, and are supposed to be used for demo's or loaner's only.

The dealer also needs to be careful 'cause MBUSA might pull the program if they find out it's being abused....so don't name the dealer! The problem I see is other folks will think they can do as well but they won't, unless it's a car with miles.
    I picked up the car on 12/30/04. The car only had 10 miles and the title says "new". The car has a build date of 11/04. I could of picked the car up a week early if I wanted. Even if I couldn't pick all the options I wanted, I am happy with the options the car has, and the color is what I wanted anyway. They had 5 cars to pick from. The $savings was important and I just kept waiting till I found a good price. The dealer emailed the offer that's how I found out about it.
  • troylextroylex Member Posts: 2
    is it coupe or sedan? I'm looking at brilliant silver automatic C230 kompressor sport, with a sunroof and 6 disc changer. My total price was $32,709 with taxes,tag,and dealer fee. I also have a trade in for $2200, I'm going a good deal.
  • troylextroylex Member Posts: 2
    what are love coupons and how do I get one
  • jrock80jrock80 Member Posts: 66
    I am in love with this car! Has anyone recently purchased one? I would be interested to know what kind of pricing and APR % they got. Comming from a 2004 Accord EX V6 Sedan, Mercedes doesnt include much as far as standard equipment. Things like metallic paint, heated seats, sunroof, and CD changer are standard on a Honda but optional on a Mercedes. Anyway, any help would be appriciated.
  • fireballfireball Member Posts: 9
    I'm ready to purchase a new 2005 C230K Sport Sedan and my local dealer has one in stock with the following options:

Brilliant Silver w/Black Int.

Pwr. Driver Seat & Steering Col w/Memory

Split Fold Down Rear Seat

Entertainment Pkg.

Sunroof Pkg.

Automatic Transmission

MSRP $35,690

Invoice $33,245

Dealer will sell me the car for $33,600 (I assume this is excluding any dealer fee's as that wasn't discussed). The salesman won't go any lower and says there is "no more room to work" on the car. At this price it's lower than Edmunds TMV, but higher than some of the other deals mentioned here previously...so I'm wondering if this is considered a "good deal" or should I look elsewhere?

Also, I intend to buy the Mercedes extended warranty (we keep our cars for a long time) and was told by the salesman that the price on this is non-negotiable per Mercedes Benz??? Any truth to this and/or is it possible to receive a discount on a MB extended warranty? Thanks!
  • theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    I was offered $32,817 on a 2005 C230 Sedan MT with these options: 324 Sunroof Package, 317 Comfort Package, 319 Lighting Package, 873 Heated Front Seats, 325 Rear Seat Package. I'm in Northern Virginia. I may counter a bit lower if I can...never hurts. Where are you located fireball? You may want to get a quote from other area dealers...or even not so close dealers.
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Could you please specify the dealership. Thanks.
    Anyone know if this will continue. My understanding was that the Love Coupon expired on 12/31. Also, now that the MB Winter Dream event is over, any idea on what the next lease special / dealer incentive will come from...
  • suzannessuzannes Member Posts: 2
    Do you mind sharing the dealership?
  • suzannessuzannes Member Posts: 2
    Atlanta Classi Cars - i live here and almost bought one last summer - the 2004 when the 2005 were being delivered. I agree - Volvo has been very aggressive. I have two older MB and my mechanic told me to forgo the new MB and look at BMW - better car better price.
  • theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    Sure, its HBL of Tyson's...Haven't been there yet, but I like upfront pricing like that. Just submit a request online and see what you get.
  • fireballfireball Member Posts: 9
    I've contacted several dealers in my area (Tampa Bay, FL.) and only one will give me a firm price quote over the phone($2500 off MSRP on a car they have in stock that is not my first choice in color) without coming into the dealership. All the other dealerships have told me (over the phone) that they are willing to give me a "fair deal ABOVE THEIR INVOICE PRICE on a car". My local dealer with the car I'm interested in buying is not willing to budge off the $33,600 price... leaves me sort of stuck. I just don't foresee any "invoice", or "below invoice" deals on a 2005 C230K happening in my area. Any thoughts?
  • karkrzykarkrzy Member Posts: 3
    I will be shortly in the market for a new lease. Please post the lease deals you are getting for C230 sports-sedan for 3yr/36k time frames.

thanks
  • foxhoundmefoxhoundme Member Posts: 29
    Are you still debating the purchase of this vehicle? If so, what is the color package. Dealers in NC are nowhere near this number.
  • ltrojanltrojan Member Posts: 11
    Hi all. I was at the dealership and they quoted me a Lease Acquistion Fee of $1095! That sounds way too much? I argued but no luck. Is this the right amount? I thought it would be much less than that?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Well, does it include anything else? First month's payment? Security deposit?

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Nope. Just the Acquistion Fee. I think they were trying to pull a fast one on me. I leased a C Class 3 years ago and the Fee was ONLY $595. What did other people pay for this fee recently?
  • postnewbiepostnewbie Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

Please sound off your newbie alert because this is my third posting. Hope I don't sound to stupid with some of my questions :)

I just wanted to ask everyone if the Leasing special for the C230 sport sedan is good or not.

This is from the website:

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/C230WZ.jsp but I'll try and summarize.

Montly payment $349. (10,000miles/month)

MSRP of $32,180.

Total gross capitalized cost of $31,046.94.

Capitalized cost reduction $2,255

Acquisition fee $795

Total payments equal $16,661

Purchase option at lease end for $19,308

$0.25/mile over 32,500 miles

Now first off the terminology is throwing me off and after looking them up is Cap cost reduction just a down payment? is the Gross capitalized cost the agreed upon sale price of vehicle? I know I should be asking these basic questions in the leasing forum but hope you'll forgive me since I am trying to see if this is indeed a good deal.

Last question is about the First Class lease credit card, where you don't pay for anything smaller then a credit card. Sounds awesome on paper but how is it in practice? Anyone experience gotchas or is this just as it states?

Thank you in advance!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Not all that familiar with Mercedes leases.. but here goes..

Looks like a 39 month lease..

The gross cap cost looks like the sale price..Just $1100 off MSRP

The cap cost reduction is a downpayment..

Did it say anywhere in the ad, what the total due at signing is? Looks like it could be downpayment + acq.fee + 1st payment Total of about $3400...

Not a great lease deal for a car that only stickers for $32K.. Make the typical $400 upfront payment and this lease would be about $430/mo. for only 10K/yr.. and 39 months..

Not sure how the equipment levels match up... But, the BMW 325i at the same price level is a better lease deal, right now..

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• postoakpostoak Member Posts: 537
    I've never seen one of these manufacturer's leases that were a good deal. Everyone I looked at included a "down payment". Give me enough money up front and I can lease you an MB for $1/month! (I hope you get the idea.) Also, these are usually pretty stripped down models. The car you actually drive out with will usually have more options and have a correspondingly higher payment. Finally, the discount isn't as much as you could usually get in a bargaining session with the dealer.
    OK, after weeks of research and negotiating with different dealers in So. Cal., I've finally done! Here's what the final deal ended up being:

C230 sedan - automatic, sunroof package, entertainment package, power seats.

MSRP $35,400

Invoice $33,500

Gross Cap Cost (sale price) $30,800

12K miles/year

39 month lease

$425/month

The best part of the deal was that it was $0 down. No doc fee, taxes, or registration fees. The $795 acquisition fee was rolled over though. Only 1st month out of pocket = $425. MANY dealers tried to get me to put the "regular" drive off of $1500-$1900. I'm glad I didn't.

So how'd I do? Did I get a good deal?
    I agree with kyfdx's assessment - it's not that great a deal.

If you look at the post just above mine, you'll see that the member has a monthly lease cost of $425, with ZERO down, more miles, and more features (so it seems). With a lease, you want to get out the door with as little out of pocket as possible.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wsm_devonwsm_devon Member Posts: 4
    The Philadelphia, PA suburbs (Devon, Pa to be precise) and I was wondering what experience with MB of Devon any of the members have had. Specifically the Sales people and what would be a good price for either the 230K or 320 Coupe would be.

Thanks in Advance,

Bill
    Members can recommend a dealership, but may not mention the names of salespeople (per the red lettering below).

kirstie_h

Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Ordered my C230K today and wanted to post my deal:

M.S.R.P.* $29,970.00

Exterior Color Brilliant Silver Metallic $680.00

Interior Color Black Leather Inserts1 $0.00

5-Speed Driver-Adaptive Automatic Transmission $1,390.00

Factory Installed 6-Disc CD Changer $420.00

Heated Front Seats $680.00

Packages

319 Lighting Package $790.00

324 Sunroof Package $1,790.00

Total $35,720

Out the door - $33,000. Basically, I got the car for $31,700. $4000 off MSRP is pretty good.

I have until 2/21 to decide on color. Right now, I'm sticking with the silver, but the Capri Blue is soooo nice. It looks a little purple however in the sun. Any opinions on color?

Having said all this, I'm going to recommend two dealerships. Euro Motorcars of Bethesda is where I purchased the car. However, originally they were not the best offer, but quickly matched my best offer and were willing to order the car with my specifications.

I would also like to recommend Herb Gordon of Silver Spring. The Internet Sales Manager was very friendly and a joy to correspond with.

Thanks all!
    Was a trade-in involved?

As for color, I'm going with Pewter. Silver is just too common.
  • argwaaargwaa Member Posts: 3
    purchased at Sept, 2004 at Oakland
  • argwaaargwaa Member Posts: 3
    Oakland Mercedes. I was told it's $1000 below invoice for a brand new C320 . Can u believe it?
    No trade in. I don't owe anything on my current vehicle, so I am going to sell privately.

I'm not sure I have seen the Pewter on the road in the 2005 model. I agree that silver is very common, but it looks really good.

I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow to look at colors and decide finally on which one. I hope they have a pewter.
    Well, $4,000 below MSRP isn't just "pretty good". Without factory incentives it's a great deal. I've just started my negotiations but so far I haven't found anyone willing to sell AT invoice, much less, below it. :(
    Postoak,

Where are you located? I'm in northern VA. You could always buy from around here and then ship it. I ordered my car because the only other car they could find with my options was in Florida.

I actually asked why the price was so low... and the response was that it was where I lived, Fairfax County. Fairfax County is in the top 10 for household income across the country. The salesperson stated that the manager 'bought' my business.

Let me know if you want specifics around salespeople and email me @ lccalvert_1999@yahoo.com.

Lee