Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    cool350whatzcool350whatz Member Posts: 1
    Love the car and the price.

Black/Black 37550
    Lighting Pkg 790
    rear side airbags 385
    Sun Roof pkg 1790
    Total MSRP 41290
    Invoice: 38454
    Paid: 38428 + free 4 years maintenance (600 dollars value)
    $ Discount: 2861

There is where all the fun begins :)
  • Options
    dfc3dfc3 Member Posts: 87
    Great! Did you test drive the C280 as well - or just the C350?
  • Options
    otkaotka Member Posts: 3
    That is an incredible deal! What state are you in?

Also, I'm curious as to why the 4 year maintenance has only $600 value ($150/year). What's the maintenance frequency for a MB? (I'm not a MB owner yet)
  • Options
    jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    The current book calls for servicing once a year, or 13k miles, whichever comes first. As usual, there are some items that are time-dependent - coolant, brake fluid, air filters.

For four years, $600 won't cover it at most urban dealerships.
  • Options
    150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    I ordered my C350 on 9/29/05. I was just advised it won't be built until sometime in December. My dealer offered my deposit back, but I have not made my decision yet.
  • Options
    shankyshanky Member Posts: 36
    I ordered my C350 Luxury on 9/1, it was confirmed as built on 9/23 at Bremen, and till 10/14 it was waiting for a boat ride to LA. I expect delivery by end of Nov. I guess the most painful part is that the shipping takes so long...I am surprised why you were told that production would take more than 2 months!

By the way, are these advances/deposits refundable at all MB dealerships?
  • Options
    Every dealer has their own policy, but I have never heard of a situation where a deposit wasn't fully refundable, even when the reason for pulling out of a deal was pretty bizarre. It's just not good business to hold the customer at gunpoint - you always hope you'll get him back.
  • Options
    I had a bad feeling when I placed my order, since MB had just announced a big layoff at the C class assembly plant. I hope the new CEO gets things turned around quickly.
  • Options
    The cutbacks are not "layoffs"; most of the staff reductions [which were long overdue - you really need to visit a German car factory, ANY German car factory, to understand why that is true] are going to be through attrition.

There is absolutely no reason why Daimler shouldn't join the 21st century in their manufacturing practices; every Japanese car maker has been running rings around the Germans in manufacturing efficiency for 30 years. Worry if you want - the C280 is on my short list of cars I want to own.
  • Options
    stv6stv6 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know if dealers in Dallas will go below MSRP for the 2006 C230 Sport? I keep getting the story that no dealers in Dallas will move. Best I could find was $500 under, and that was not through Mercedes.
  • Options
    carynccarync Member Posts: 14
    In RDU, NC the MB dealer came off MSRP by $1200 on a lease deal
  • Options
    ...is a peculiar market for these kinds of cars. The "Prices Paid..." forum for the new Lexus IS has been dominated recently by a long discussion about the unwillingness of the Dallas dealers to actually deal - buyers have been going to FLA and getting $2500 off on ISes that are going for MSRP in Dallas.

This isn't the first time I've heard these kinds of stories - sounds like too much loose money running around in Dallas, so people are willing to spend whatever it takes. Don't expect to get much of a deal on an MB there, either. These cars are routinely discounted $1500 and up in coastal urban markets - but you have to be willing to do some e-mailing, phoning, and potentially, traveling.
  • Options
    sbuinokcsbuinokc Member Posts: 1
    Considering buying a C230 sport sedan...dont know much about them except that they are pretty and maybe not quite big enough for the whole family (3 kids)..??..also, have no idea what the best price out there would be...advice? :confuse:
  • Options
    Don't know how old the kids are, but no, I would say this is not a car for a family of 5 traveling together. While the C is roomier than either the BMW 3er or Lexus IS in back, I would not contemplate carrying three kids back there in any of these cars. Don't even know if the latch arrangements would accommodate same, but then I'm childless and retired, and know from nothing about child seats, etc.

If you have $30k to spend, I can think of better alternatives - the Toyota Avalon [don't laugh, the car handles and goes in its new iteration that was just introduced], Ford 500, the new Buick Lucerne, if a sedan is preferred over a minivan or SUV. The wagon version of the Saab 9-3, which is just coming into our market, is another one that comes to mind.
  • Options
    john1971john1971 Member Posts: 3
    does anyone know what the residual rates for an '06 c230 would be for 24mo and 36mo with 12K miles?

how much should i expect to pay over invoice in texas?

is the $3000 rebate true on e-class?
  • Options
    Can't answer the first two, but there are no "rebates" on any Mercedes. There is a $3000 dealer incentive that applies to some Es that are financed through the MB finance arm - that is not a rebate, and the dealer can and will decide how much of that he wants to share with the customer. MB has never done rebates [like Honda, which has the same policy] - dealer incentives are common, though - at the moment, the E is the only car that seems to have anything on it. And this doesn't apply to the diesel E.

There are some "incented" lease offers on the table right now, but the numbers don't excite me - buying the car with a reasonable negotiated discount usually works better.
  • Options
    rayleiwurayleiwu Member Posts: 18
    Anybody can help me out how much I should pay for this configration. I'm in WA by the way. Thanks!

C230
    Base price: 29200
    desctination: 775
    V6 2.5l
    Automatic: 1390
    driver's seat pkg: 600
    Sun roof pkg: 1790
    blank/blank

Total invoice: 31447
    Total MSRP: 33755
    Blue book: 32390
    ============================
    What can we get at this point end of the year?
  • Options
    In WA, your expectations probably top out at about $1500-$1800 off MSRP; if you were willing to go to California to buy it, especially SoCal, you could land it for close to invoice.

We still have friends and family in CA, so unless things change, I think in terms of CA prices when I think about buying a new car; NW dealers tend to be uncompetitive and unwilling to do much for you. You pay the CA sales tax, and then get a credit for it when you register the car in WA - differences are minor. For example, here in Clark County [Vancouver] we will soon be paying 8.1% - typical Bay Area sales tax is around 8.25%, more than offset by the greater discounts available.

Do some e-mailing and see what you come up with; I predict that the difference between the best you can do in WA and the best you can do in CA will be well over $1000.
  • Options
    rayleiwurayleiwu Member Posts: 18
    thanks jrct. Never bought luxury car before. It appears luxury cars do not have seasonal incentives like others. So we are not in hurry at all. just keeping looking until a dealer is willing to give a good deal. also considering audi a4. BMW let us down in terms of their 3 series new design, especially the rear light looking.
  • Options
    wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    It appears luxury cars do not have seasonal incentives like others.

Perhaps not seasonal, but there are incentives. I'm actually surprised the C-class hasn't received significant incentives from MB yet, like the E-class. But they may come.
  • Options
    ...tend to occur in the summer, as the model year winds down. The C has had some kind of dealer incentive money on the table every year since 2001 in the late summer / early fall. Our car was purchased in Sept of '02 for $4500 below MSRP thanks to a $2500 incentive at the time.

MB just recently cut production of the Cs so as to keep inventories worldwide from getting too far out of hand. With the introduction of the W204 scheduled for the middle of next year in the EU [and with spy shots all over the Internet of the new car], demand for the W203 is going to naturally start dwindling.

If a big back seat isn't a priority, the new IS is worth a look; otherwise, the usual suspects prevail: the C, the new Audi A3 is a particular favorite of mine, the 3er, the Acura TL, the G....of these, only the Germans have that special combination of ride and handling that the Japanese still haven't figured out. Even the new IS has the same problem as the old one - a ride that is firmer than it needs to be to get the job done, resulting in spectacular track numbers [and great magazine reviews] but more teeth-jarring in the real world than I think is reasonable.
  • Options
    newownernewowner Member Posts: 18
    I bought my '06 C280 4 Matic from MB of Tacoma/Fife for invoice. I've shopped around and was willing to fly out of state to get the car, but there was no need to. Speak to the Sales Manager, can't mention his name on this site. Tell him I sent you and I'm sure he will work a fair deal for you.
    Ron
  • Options
    The full story on this was that it was supposed to be built in October and delivered in December. Then I was informed it would be built in December and delivered in February. I was just informed it would not be built until February and delivered in April. I got my deposit back, and they can keep their !@#$%^&* car. I will buy my next car from a company that actually cares about the customer. I certainly understand why Mercedes is in trouble.
  • Options
    john1971john1971 Member Posts: 3
    leased an 06 c230 today. paid exactly invoice for car and all options ($31,102) + ttl, doc fees, acq. 36 months, 10k yr miles. 0 down, .00210 mf, 64% residual i think. payment is $472. star motorcars houston, tx.
    btw, mercedes has run out of tax credits on c class.
    dealer tried to sneak in a $1095 acq fee on the contract.
    watch out for this tactic. f&i guy told me they were not making any money at all on the car, front or back. i asked why he was selling it then. "just to move a unit"
    i thought mercedes dealerships were for profit companies?? i guess theyre just a division of the red cross.
    tell everyone that mercedes is giving cars away!!
    wife is happy with her new ride.
  • Options
    tiks102tiks102 Member Posts: 3
    Before, I close the deal on a lease this week, I would like to get your opinion:
    C230 Yr 2006
    Options: sunroof, enhanced music package, power seat, silver color, auto transmission
    Cost $29,500 MSRP was $35,405

lease terms: under MB financing 39 mos/ 15K /yr = $533 incl tax (zero down)
    OR Bank - 39 mos/ 13 K = $498 incl tax (down- 1st mo & registration, about $812)
    Note: 2nd term was only 13K/yr since bank does not financed for 39 months.
    Residual is about 51% MSRP & LF 0.0026. Is that right?
    Note: my last month pym (FEB) & disposition fee was rolled
    to this new lease.

Lease is quite complicated due to different factors affect the lease payments.
    Do I get a good deal w/ bank at $35/mo less even if mileage is 2K/yr less than offered by MBenz financing? My ave mileage for past 3 yrs is about 14K/yr.

Your assistance would be highly appreciated.
  • Options
    sereboffsereboff Member Posts: 1
    Hey, can you tell me where you bought your car? I am wondering how you got the dealer to drop from 35K to 29K!

scott
  • Options
    tiks102tiks102 Member Posts: 3
    We got the car last week at M Benz Laguna Niguel (california).
    These are the final figures:

MSRP: $35,405.00
    Selling Price $ 30,839.00
    Gross Cap cost $31,934.00
    Residual: $21,951 (62% of MSRP)
    No money down
    Lease terms: $490/mo for 39 months/ 12,000 mi / yr

Hope this was a good deal. I love the car esp. the surround sound system w/ 12 speakers...
  • Options
    icechuuicechuu Member Posts: 10
    I recently purchased a 06/ c230 in Southern California. Wonder if this is a fair deal?

Suggested Retail Price: $29,200

Options:

Power seats & steering 600
    Auto Trans 1390
    6 CD changer 420
    Sunroof Package 1790
    Destination & delivery 775

Color: BLACK with Ash interior

Total Retail Price: $34,175.00 is the STICKER PRICE

I actually got the above car for $30,838.00 ( NOT including Doc fee $45, Sales Tax: $2393.43)

Also, can anyone educate me on the extended warranties, I am considering purchasing the full extra 84 months or 100,000 miles which ever comes first. People at the dealer is recommending me to buy from Mercury, they said it is alot cheaper than the factory warranty (Mercedes'). They quoted me the price on the Mercury Extended Warranties with $0 deductible to be $2,668.00, is that reasonable or way too high? Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Mercury and Mercedes' extended warranties?and how much are they roughly? Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Go to MBUSA's website, and get the phone number for Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA. Call them and ask for their F & I dept; get a quote from them on the MBUSA official extended warranty. They should be able to beat the quote you got on the 3rd party warranty. They are traditionally the best around on pricing the factory extended warranty.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the info, I shall check it out :)
  • Options
    new_buyernew_buyer Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a certfied pre owned 2005 C230 too.
    Could you please tell me how you got this deal.

Thanks
  • Options
    new_buyernew_buyer Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a certified/pre owned 2005/2004 c230 or c240 sedan. I am completely new to car buying and this is my first car. Please advice me on the price I should pay for one. I am in California and what dealers I should go to.
    Another worry for me was is that is this car safe? I Have read a lot of comlaint stories online.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    A close friend of mine do own a 2005 c230 Krompressor, so far he has no problems with the car, but he bought it brand new. Some people do complaint the car is a little noisy since it is a Krompressor, but that didn't bother my fiend, since it did save him a lot on gas mileage. As far as the handling, it is quite good, it feels very similar to how Mercedes used to be, ie, more heavy on the steering wheel. Now, with the new 2006 c230, with the V6 engine, the steering is more light , to me it feels more like a luxuries Japanese car. The only thing we have heard is that if your car comes with navigation system, you might come across with some electronic problem later.

I am not too sure where you are located in California. But the three Mercedes Dealership we have come across are: Rusnak , in Arcadia, Penske, in West Covina, and Cal Star in Glendale. They are all located in Southern California.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!
  • Options
    qwiksilverqwiksilver Member Posts: 3
    Hey who was you salesperson @ laguna. Was it a one time deal or do they always give you love like that?
  • Options
    rockclimberlarockclimberla Member Posts: 16
    Howdy all,

Now that the 07 model is about to come out, has anyone been getting really great deals on the C Class in Southern California? I just got quoted a few hundred dollars BELOW invoice on this vehicle, but I have heard that some people are getting 2-3k below invoice. I am wondering if this is realistic or just a pipedream?

Input please.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    tiks102 can't give you any salesperson information, as it would violate forum rules....

See the message printed in RED, down below...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    malleymalley Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have a 98 c230 Benz.
    Have had it for sale since Sept 05.
    83k Miles
    selling for 9600.00

Have a difficult time selling it.
    Offers of 6500.00 from KBB..
    No way.
    It has been well maintained and all service is up to date.

Any suggestions?
    I still owe a payoff,and I JUST want to sell it.
    I have listed on CL,and thru our local carsoup.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    lacoastlacoast Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell me what the money factor is for March on a 2006 C230 sedan. Also, what is the bank fee and residual value? Selling price of $31,049. I'm thinking about a 12K/39 month lease.

I was quoted 2.8 MF, and $1095 bank fee.
  • Options
    soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I have been looking at both the BMW 325i and the Mercedes C230 sport. In our area (which is Austin Texas) you just can't find a decent price on a BMW. Dealers want full book and just won't budge. We liked the Mercedes after driving it so decided the 2005 might be the way to go but again, everyone wants full book! I found one that gave the certified warranty so this was at least over and above. I look on Ebay and dealers in other areas are selling them around 2-3,000 less than here. Texas in general is high! I found one out of state dealer that said to forget used and buy the new one for almost the same price. They said they will sell to me for 1,000 below invoice. Then my only problem is logistics. Getting it shipped cost 850.00 and the hassle. Hence my dilemma. My best quote here on a used 2005 with 100k certified warranty was 30,500. The car origianlly stickered for a little over 34,000.It has 12,500 miles,sunroof package, cd changer, peuter color, automatic and I think thats about it. Maybe I am wrong but if I can buy the same car new for close to the same price wouldn't that be the way to go? I know I am giving up the 100k warranty which is worth something. Here about 900.00 I was told. THe trade in-value on these cars is really bad on a 2005 so why is the dealer so high?? I think trade-in is around 27k in Nada but other guides. Kelley blue book shows it as 23k trade-in. What should you go by?? Sorry but this is a big purchase and I have found these boards in the past to be great. They sure have leveled the playing field.

SO in summary:

What is a good price for a 2005 C230 with certified warranty?

What is the best deal anyone is seeing on new 2006 models off invoice?

Thanks all!
  • Options
    I forgot the other one I had a quote on. The used one above is about normal of what I have been getting. Here is the other one.

2005 C230 Sport
    14,500 miles
    100k Certified Warranty
    Xenon Headlight/washer package (think it is called lighting package)
    Sunroof Package
    Harmon Cardon Stereo package
    Automatic Transmission
    6 disc changer which I think comes with the stereo package.
    Full electric memory seat/steering package
    Peuter color (which is 680.00 option)
    I think this is it. Price 30,400. Original Sticker price was 36,190. Is this a good buy or something I could beat? It is local which helps but I don't have to buy now.

So since this is the best, I have so far. I am torn between this or a 2006, automatic transmission, Sunroof package, cd changer, peuter color, for 31,224 brand new! (of course doesn't include tax, title license fees) Sorry so much info but I need help and would like to put the wife in a car sooner than later!
  • Options
    I've done some looking as well. I think you have an OK price, but that's partly because, IMO, the 2006 is quite superior to the 2005. The 2006 has a better engine and transmission, so it should be somewhat easy to get a good price on the 2005. For me, personally, I'd go for the 2006 - or try getting them to come down another $500 on the 2005.
  • Options
    I got a call from the one dealer today that said they are wanting to open negotiations again on the one they came down to 30,400. It is the one with Xenon, etc, I posted above. So I assume they will say 30k with the certified warranty. It sticked new for 36,190 like I said before. I hear th gas mileage is better on the 2005 but that really is not my great motivation. You say the engine and transmission is better on the 2006? Man I am just learning so anything helps. I knew the 2005 to me seemed a little noisy and not quite as smooth as I would have liked. They said the V6 is smoother. You know I think you are right. The 2006 seems good. We just need to decide what options. Probably the sunroof package, automatic transmission and cd changer and I think that is about it. Maybe Peuter paint color but that adds 680 for metallic paint. That is dumb to me but it is what it is.

Oh, I just saw an ad for a 2005 about 3 hours from where I live, sunroof package, cd changer, automatic and they are advertising it for 26,900 with 12,000 miles on it. It is not a Mercedes dealer but they have the records on it and say the car is perfect with a clean car fax. It is silver with the light grey interior. I don't care for the light grey interior as my wife is going to probably be messy and the dark will be more forgiving. Besides I will have to keep the thing clean. Light grey stains so easily. ALso the light grey interior looks weird from the outside with the blue tinted windows. All of the Mercedes salesman have told me that everyone else says the same thing so they are used to hearing that. Anyway, the price is way lower than the one I was looking at here but it has less options.

Yeah, even though. I think the new is looking better. With 1,000 off of invoice, I don't think I can beat that for a new 2006. If so I would glady jump on it. This one is 1,100 miles from my home so If I flew then drove it back, I have expense and hassle or pay 850.00 for them to ship. Decisions, Decisions. If anyone knows of a dealership that will beat this deal please let me know! On the new I mean.
  • Options
    msdavismsdavis Member Posts: 11
    Dear car guy, thanks so much for all of the help on my vw and many family memebers cars. A dear friend of mine is looking to lease a mb c230 and I can't get any straight answers from any dealer. What is mb Financial's Acc fee? Next is there any dealer cash combindable with the subsudized lease program? And what is the base money factor for 27 months or 39 months. By the way this is in California.

Thanks
  • Options
    WRXwgnWRXwgn Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I'm looking to purchase a C350LS in Socal, what is the typical price for these? If above invoice, how much above? I understand there is a $3000 dealers incentive right now on these cars, what is my expected price for one?
  • Options
    Not sure I can answer your question, but I purchased a C280 - which only comes in the luxury. It was complicated because I traded in. Based on my experience, though, there's serious regional differences - so make sure you find answers from someone local.
  • Options
    I got a quote from one of the dealers in Socal for $2000 under invoice plus $3000 dealer incentive. Seems like a steal, what does everyone else think?
  • Options
    Well, if I had it to do over again, I'd drive to SoCal for it ;-)
  • Options
    amiga101amiga101 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm also currently getting prices from dealers (though for the C230). I too am getting quotes for $2000 under invoice, but what does it mean "$2000 under invoice plus $3000 dealer incentive"? Does that translate to a total of $5,000 off the MSRP? Does anyone know if the same dealer incentive is available right now for the C230? Finally, in So.Cal., what should I expect to be charged for "documentation fees"?
  • Options
    $2000 off invoice + $3000 incentive currently on C350s, so $5000 total off invoice, not MSRP.
  • Options
    amiga101amiga101 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, so this would make the car around $30k?? Then maybe I should be looking at the C350 rather than the C230, since the best prices I'm getting for the C230 is just a few bucks less than the price you got quoted for the C350! Which dealer gave you that quote if you don't mind me asking? I'm in So Cal too. Has anyone else gotten better quotes for the C230? Thank you!!