Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• sesame75sesame75 Member Posts: 1
    Mercedes C300 sport 4matic 2009
    P1 package
    Multimedia
    Ipod
    Wood trim
    MSRP 42890 quoted 39500 (500$ below invoice)
    MF 0.002
    Lease for 39 months/12000 K
    Payment: 471$/month, Upfront = 3350 downpayment + 795 Acquisition + First month payment + Tax. Residual value = 55 % at 39 months
  • jgurajgura Member Posts: 16
    I think I did some serious damage on this one and I wanted to post here after lurking enough around the forum.

2009 C300 Luxury 4MATIC with P1
    MSRP - 39850
    39 Mo Lease
    12,000 Mi/yr
    $2480 Down at Closing
    $439/mo INCL NJ Taxes

!!!!!!!! I think this was way below invoice.Go get em this month guys as I think Feb may change the residuals lower.....
  • dannnvdannnv Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to pull the trigger in a new 2009 C350 with P02, MultiM, Leather, AMG wheels. I see lots of confusing prices with people talking about leases but I am buying. I think I should be able to get a pretty good deal on this since I have heard many people opt for the C300.
    Can anybody confirm they paid below invoice and about how far below? I am not looking to hammer this dealer I just want to get a good deal. I got about 10% off my current 1999 C280 when I bought it. Can I get about the same now on the 2009???
    Thanks
  • liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    yea you can probably get 10% off.
    Thanks. What are you basing this on? Anybody else buy a C350 and get in this range? Is this really pushing ? I just think MB has to be giving incentives to sell below the so-called 7% invoice price with the market down.
  • georgiaguy1georgiaguy1 Member Posts: 16
    I took delivery of my C350 last month. Similar configuration, also with the Pan. roof and ipod connection and was able to get a 10% discount
    here in GA. Hope this info. helps. BTW, I leased for 39 mos.
    SO another person who leased. DOes nobody buy anymore? So would you expect the same deal on car price whether buying or leasing? I don;t want to push the buy price if there is a reason the lease price is less. Thanks .
    To me, it made more sense to lease for the following reasons. If I purchased the car, total cost including 7% GA tax would be $44,390.
    After 39 months, the car's value is around $23,500.

With the lease, I paid no money down. Everything was included in my monthly payment of $555. The dealer paid my first month's payment so I will pay a total of $21,090. (38mos x 555.) and the car after the 39 months is worth $23,500, so I could purchase it or just walk away. For me, it was the same as purchasing except my money stayed in the bank. If you add the 21,090 plus the residual value of 23,500, it's basically the same as if I purchased it. Now I also don't care if the car's value declines further over the 39 month period. Either way, the dealer gets his selling price, from you or MB leasing.
    Thanks. You must have a different config. What was sticker including delivery.
  • vuvisionvuvision Member Posts: 1
    We're in the market for a pre-owned 2008-09 C300 Sport. A local MB dealer has a certified pre-owned 2009 C300 Sport: P01, AMG Sport wheels, Auto tranny & Ipod. With under 300 miles on the clock.

I've been following this forum and the general consensus for price paid for a new C300 Sport is around $4-5K below MSRP. But I have no clue where to begin with an almost 2009 C300 Sport with only 300 miles.

Given that it is MB certified, and dealer has this vehicle listed at $37,800. How much should I pay for this vehicle?

TIA
  • aokhanaokhan Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I was offered 2650 below invoice on any c-class I wanted, no matter what accessories etc. For example, I was offered the following. MSRP 40040 invoice 37899

so 37899 minus 2650 is my price then plus taxes and DMV fees.

Penske West Covina, CA and Walters mercedes riverside, ca

edmunds is not very good at displaying manufacturer to dealer incentives cause obvioulsy there ar eincentives goign on right now.
    by the way, it was a cash price. if financing, you can do better since they make more money off the financing
    If you can find a mercedes 09 that was deliverd on the lot prior to november 08 you can get another 800 discoutn for the same car since mercedes privcing went up. ask the saleesperson, they make the same money eitherway....
  • vilchezvilchez Member Posts: 5
    Hello everyone,
    Just purchased 2009 C 300
    Ipod
    wood trimming
    18" AMG wheels
    Navigation

for $3,000 below Invoice.

My experience was exhausting. The salesmen are nice when you first meet them but once you try to negotiate with them they are short and rude. It was annoying trying to negotiate with them because all they keep saying is they are not making any money. One exception Fletcher Jones mercedes the best customer service I encountered.
    MSRP $45,840

Configured -

2009 C350
    White/Beige
    Premium 2
    Panorama Roof
    Multimedia package
    18" 5 Spoke AMG Wheels

Good luck!
  • MBProMBPro Member Posts: 5
    10% here--3K under invoice there--P.T. Barnum had it right---"to the egress." The blind may but aspire to lead the sighted----Taxes here, first payment there---what onanism to blither on and try to divine the all and everything of your "deal."

Where have you gone Joe diMaggio?
  • gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    So in an nutshell, if it aint here it's there - just hidden under a different guise?

MBPro, I had posted my digits in an earlier post and soccer suggested I run them by you. Could you take a look and let me know? I don't feel like I'm getting any decent deal from anyone and am really looking at alternatives now. Noone I've worked with has offered anywhere near 4-5K off invoice. If I strip cars of features I dont need, it seems the MSRP-invoice gap shrinks instead of widens...

thoughts? Suggestions?
    I am not sure I could divine much from this post.
  • MBProMBPro Member Posts: 5
    Nothing to divine where there is no divinity. In which case, the art of the deal becomes no more than the maya of the Hindus.

You can afford a C Class. Wonderful. A quality vehicle. Can you expect it to be represented by people of similar quality, salespeople with a degree of respect for your intelligence? And vice versa. Can't you imagine every salesperson has suffered every ploy and lie from buyers? Including some of the crazy claims in here.

Did you ever wonder if some BMW salesperson posts crazy numbers in the Mercedes site, hoping that you'll just wear yourself out making yourself crazy looking for the ephemeral deal that doesn't exist? Or the reverse?

Today is the thirtieth. Sales are sparse. Inventories are swollen. Deals evolve from the vortex of supply, demand, and floor expense.If you have not already consulted with a salesperson, call and ask the operator who the top salesperson is. He or she will have more influence with management. Go to the dealer today or tomorrow. Find something on the lot. Smile at your salesperson and say "I could own (lease) this one now. I have been to two other dealers. Please give me your best price. One time. No back and forth. I do not want to meet the manager. Please tell the manager if the first price goes up or down a penny, I promise you I will have to return to the dealer who treated me as I wished."

Maybe you'll get a deal.

A year from now you probably won't remember what you paid.
  • harihoudiniharihoudini Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy a C350 fairly loaded:

18" AMG wheels
    P2 package
    Multimedia/NAV
    Ipod

My dealer quoted me $43,850. Please let me know if this is a good price or should i beat him down more and by how much ?
  • liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    way to high. should be below invoice.
    DOes it have the panorama roof?
    What is the paint?
    If not its high.
    Dont know about sunroof (Panoramic). Color is Black (non metallic)
    Purchased/Leased mine in Dec. here in GA.

Same equipment as you want but also had the Panarama Roof.

MSRP $45,840
    OTD price $41,486

Your dealer is way too high.
    Wow ! That is some price. I guess if he doesnt give that to me then I have the option of buying in GA (Atlanta) since i am moving there shortly but wanted to take advantage of OHIO registration ($50 per year for tags) for this year since GA reg fees are crazy (i think $500 upwards per year)

I will use your OTD price to negotiate - thank you. BTW where in GA are you and who is your dealer ?
    I am living near Lake Oconee. The dealer was MB of Athens. They were excellent to deal with. One thing I forgot to mention was that my car was built before the last price increase which was about $800 - $900.good luck.
  • PetrocelliPetrocelli Member Posts: 2
    31 months ago, I leased a Mercedes C280 for 39 months, with a payment of $585 a month, with no money down other than first payment and license fees. I get 15,000 miles a year. My lease runs out in October, but I am almost at my mileage limit, since the car has 49,500 miles on it.

The dealer offered me a new lease on a Mercedes C300 with a sticker price of $38,070.

I could buy out the last 8 lease payments for 3 lease payments. Stated differently, the dealer will pick up 5 payments.

Based on a sales price of $38,070, I will get a new lease for $635 a month, which is based on a residual of $18,700, and an interest rate of 3.96%. I put no money down, other than the first payment and license, and about $1,800 for the 3 lease payments. I pay 20 cents a mile for every mile over 48,500 miles.

I figure this is a good deal because I have exceeded my mileage now, so I am paying 20 cents for every mile I drive for the next 8 months.. If I turn the car in, I can start over.

I tried to haggle a little on price, but the salesman pointed out he is giving a lot of concessions by buying out the lease early, and waiving the mileage overage. Note that this will be the third car I have gotten from the same salesman.

As an aside, I use my car alot for business, and save my mileage checks. I have about $5,000 set aside in an account from mileage money.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?
  • PetrocelliPetrocelli Member Posts: 2
    I negotiated a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles on the car described in the prior post. I paid $595 a month.
  • dbx1dbx1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Vilchez,

I'm looking to buy a 2009 C300 mercedez from Fletcher jones as well. W/ prem 1 pkg, Ipod, wood trim, 18" AMG wheels, and Navigation.

By any chance, do you happen to have the sales person's name who sold you the car? Is it okay if i reference your name? Sounds like you did a great job in negotiating the price for the car. Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    Leased C230 in June 2006 for 39 months and 15k miles (San Diego). I think they wanted to make a deal that day cause I only paid $100 in drive offs and payment is $471 per month. My sales guy says new deals come out all the time to trade in lease early with no penalty to get you into a new vehicle. Car is great shape but some scratches on the wheels so what can I except to pay in any damage "fees"?.

I want a 2008/2009 C300 Sport with the AMG, iPod wheels so what payment should I be looking at for a similar lease? The last 3 cars I have leased I have put zero down and zero out of pocket (except $100 to MB) at drive off. I could care less if the salesman is making zero money. The dealership needs to sell\lease cars to make their numbers.
    Does anyone know what's the best deal out there for C300 w/ options? I'm trying to get it below invoice price. Which dealership gives out the best deal? I live in Southern California.
  • egmdxegmdx Member Posts: 5
    Looking to buy 2009 C300 sport
    Mulitmedia Pkg
    Prem Pkg 1
    18" AMG wheels
    iPod
    Grey Met Paint
    Leather int

what price should I be looking for? Any comments/assitace would be geat. Thx
    I just bought a White C350 w/ Navi & Ipod from Fletcher Jones Friday night. I was able to get the car below invoice price. You can get it for at least $2000 below inovice. If you live in cali, now is the best time to buy now. Salemen know the sales tax will increase 1% next month. They will do pretty much anything to push a sale.
    dbx1, Thanks for the info. I just got one for $41K out the door.
    that sounds about right....i got mine the same price out the door...enjoy your new car
  • carletonguycarletonguy Member Posts: 5
    Here's what I just bought:

C300 Sport
    PII
    Command/Multimedia
    Wood Trim
    iPod
    Panorama Roof

*Chrome 17" wheels
    *Wood Steering Wheel
    *Spoiler
    *Illuminated Door Sills
    *Custom Badging on the back

The last 4 were all accessories that had to be ordered and installed after I bought the car (no C300 in the country had it). It's the wood wheel is listed as "only" avail on the luxury model, but House of Imports will install it on my sport. I got the deal $800 under invoice plus all of the labor on installation was included (I priced it at other dealerships and they wanted between 800-1200 just for labor). So, as I see it, it was $1600 under invoice, with a lot of extra work done to the vehicle. I might have gone elsewhere (FJ maybe) and gotten a little lower on the price, but the service I got at HOI was better than I got everywhere else and worth the few hundred difference.
  • tlittetlitte Member Posts: 2
    Are 2009 C300's currently being sold under invoice as I've seen in earlier posts? My local dealer is only willing to discount on the order of $1800. Here's what I'm looking at.

C300 4 Matic Sport
    PKG 2
    18" wheels
    iPod

MSRP $42,438
    MF = .00013
    Res = 56%
    I got my C300 Sport, P1 Pkg, iPod, 18" AMG, Multimedia Pkg for $37,700 plus tax, lic, etc. Keep looking and wait until the end of the month. You might have to go outside your local area (bigger city with more dealers) to get the deal you want. Call over the phone and speak with the internet sales mgr, they give prices over the phone. The deals are out there! Good luck!
  • tlittetlitte Member Posts: 2
    Thanks.I'll take your advice and contact a Chicago area dealer for a quote. Can you tell me what the MSRP was on your C300? Did you buy it recently?
  • car38car38 Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking between Buy or lease a new 300 sport 09 Mercedes with wood trim.
    So, the offers are as follows:
    Buy: $2000 down and pay $570 per month for five and half years with 1.9%
    Lease: Zero down and pay $530 per month for four years with 15000 mile per year limit and I have to pay $559 when I return the car after four years.
    Please advise. Thanks.
    MSRP $42,470 and I paid $37,700 + tax, lic, etc.
    Good luck. Also, let the dealers know what you are doing, contacting other dealers. I've done this on my last 3 cars and it works great. I was in and out driving my car within 45 mins.
  • bigtuna3bigtuna3 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to the forum for some very helpful advice. I just leased a C350 with P1/P2, blk on blk from FJ Newport Beach. I simply went in, found the car I wanted and ask for $2K under invoice, period (I told them I knew someone who got the same deal recently here). The sales mgr came back and said the best deal he could find is $1863 under invoice, will this do? He gave me a MF of .00084 (2%) for a 39 month lease/12k miles per yr with all up front charges rolled into the total (about $2300 total). My monthly is $565/month including 8.25% CA sales tax.

I think I did OK unless I am missing something? Love the car, great acceleration. Very happy I got the 350 over the 300, higher hp, torque etc. What a sweet ride!

BT
  • dano15dano15 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a Mercedes C330 Luxury sedan with P1 package and wood trim in Massachusetts. How much should I expect to pay? Thanx.
  • nk2009nk2009 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a $40,050 MSRP C300 Sport with P1 package + ipod + multimedia for 39 months at $478/month and paid $1500 drive off. Final selling price on the car was $36,185.

Leased from House of Imports in Buena Park, I recommend contacting every dealer in So Cal with the lowest quote you have received and ask them to beat it. Keep doing so until dealers start telling you they can't match your quote.

Note: Fletcher Jones told me the above deal "could not be done", and hidden costs were sure to arise when I went to complete the paperwork. Fletcher Jones could not have been more incorrect-- not a penny was added to my quoted monthly payment or my drive off.
    I got mine i htink for 2300 below invoice or 2700 below invoice c350 2009 base model. I paid about 37200 out the door with taxes licese. bought in west covina, ca
  • hmleehmlee Member Posts: 1
    hi aokhan, do you mind to share the cost break down? The latest quote I got was only $2000 below invoice.
  • jack_bauer1jack_bauer1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been quoted as "the best offer" from a dealer here in San Diego for $1500.00 below invoice for a C300 Sport, P1, Ipod and nothing else. MSRP was a little over 37k. Offer was for 33k with 36k out the door. Does this sound consistent with everyone else's experience? or should I be able to ask for 2k to 2.5k more below invoice, or atleast get more as far as packages (ie., Multimedia) for this price.

By the way, I have offered the dealer that I would pay cash for the right price.
  • serovsoserovso Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I just got my C300 4MATIC Sport from Prestige Paramus, NJ. As many guys already mentioned here Eric Laberge from Prestige is the best. I spend 6 days looking for a car in NJ/NJ/CT area. Here is the car I built and I spoke to at least 7 dealers in 100 miles radius.
    C300 4MATIC Sport (black)
    Wood Trim
    P1
    Multimedia
    iPod
    MSPR (total): $42890

The best deal I got is from Prestige: 39m, 12K/year, $1911 down including 1st payment, $490 per month.

Couple notes from my experience:
    - only few dealers give you price over phone or email;
    - Globe of Fairfield, NJ – worst experience, sales guy said something like this “how can I talk to you about your new car if I’m not even sure if you are going to buy it today?”;
    - Ray Catena – good guys, but the best they gave was ~$530/month;
    - MB of Fairfield, CT had the car with same price as Prestige, but they are 65 miles from me;
    - Other dealers could not even match the price from Prestige

Thanks.
  • skinsoskinso Member Posts: 8
    Guys, just leased my C350 yesterday, here is the detail ( i think i got hit by the additional $1550 cap reduction but i hope it was still a good deal):

C350 (white & black)
    Options:
    P2 package
    mulitmedia package
    Panorama Sunroof
    AMG 18″ 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    iPod Integration
    Color: WHITE exterior, BLACK Interior

LEASE TERMS
    MSRP $46,640
    Sale Price $41500 (rounded)
    Residual Value 52%
    Money Factor .00084
    Drive off: Bank fee $1095 + DMV $388 + First Month Payment $500 + $1552 Cap Reduction + $261 sales and use tax on the cap reduction + $45 document fee + $9 CA tires fee = $3850 (round to the nearest dollar)
    39 months/ 12k miles-per-year
    $500 (CA tax included)

and add the tear & wear protection for up to $5,000 damage when i return the car the employees' price = $699, I paid it up front since this item is not taxable, if I rolled it into the monthly, then it will be taxed and charged for interest.
  • jo17llyjo17lly Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a C 300 W with

P02 Premium 2
    320 Multimedia
    427 7 Speed Automatic
    413 Panoramic Sunroof
    786 AMG 18" %-Twin Spoke Wheels
    057 I-Pod integration Kit
    731 Burl Walnut Wood trim

MSRP = $ 44,460 Invoice = $ 41,408 Paid = $39,700 plus Tax & license