Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• bluebomber1bluebomber1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi -

Sounds like a good deal. What was sticker on it and how did you get the price down? Was it over the internet or what?
  • shinakumashinakuma Member Posts: 14
    Ok guys, I got the car yesterday and it was a done deal, as quoted. I'll post some of the details here so hopefully it can help you out also...

2009 C300

Options
    057 - Ipod Integration
    413 - Panorama Roof
    768 - 18" AMG Wheels
    P02 - Premium Package II
    320- Multimedia Package
    427 - 7 Speed Automatic

MSRP of $44,150 the selling price of the vehicle I got was $35,225.

Zero Down

Since this is a lease, in finance, I opted for their up-sell of Lease Excess Wear and Tear and Tire and Wheel Protection, I had a previous BMW lease and really got hurt by those 2 so went for them.

Excess Lease Wear and Tear Plan for 3 years - $1,195 (negotiated down to $599)
    Road Hazard Tire and Wheel for 3 years - $1195 - (negotiated down to $695)

I did not email them initially, I just looked up the internet team on the internet and called in told him I am ready to buy and if their number can match or beat I'll be in. I emailed him the numbers I was given which were from the nearest competing dealership, until I got the selling price to $35k

Since it was a 2009, not a 2010 the (.00173) money factor special was not eligible but after going back and forth he eventually got an OK from his desk manager to give me a money factor that was also a special at .00217 which is called a Mercedes Benz Ambassador Program Lease, dealers have these but in limited stock. So I went in the next day and the car already had a sold sign on it with my name.

If you can find any 09s in stock now is the time to get them (4k incentive for C300 and 5k incentive for C350) and if the dealer has any ambassador leases that drop your MF, left to use, try to get it. They need to clear these out and will, just have to negotiate hard for them.

BTW 2010 has different side turn signals and the biggest difference is on option package 320 (the multimedia package) on 2009s the package includes Logic 7 Surround 12 speakers, it is not included on the 2010s!
  • marc52marc52 Member Posts: 17
    I am new to buying a Mercedes. Like the c class and am looking to buy for cash...What type of discount can I expect, or would you look at the CTS?
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    I want to preface this by saying I absolutely love the exterior of the C300 and did test drive it prior to buying my Lexus (IMO, much more bang for the buck as far as interior and packages). But yes, I would look at the CTS. The CTS is much more luxurious than the Benz on the inside. Right now the CTS is only available in a sedan, but a coupe is coming out for 2010. Depending on your price range, also consider the CTS-V. It has a Corvette block engine (LS3), 6.2L V8 with 500+hp (sorry, I have to run or I'd find the exact number). I can give you more specifics about the CTS later if you want. You can email me from my profile.
  • marc52marc52 Member Posts: 17
    thank you for the input. Yes the CTS is very nice inside,,, would you go for a 2009 or wait for a 2010. I hold on to my cars for at least 6-7 years and only put on about 5000 miles or less a year. what about GM reliability?
  • akshaygakshayg Member Posts: 4
    Vinny, May i ask the name of the dealer in south cal.

thanks.
  • greenteam5greenteam5 Member Posts: 4
    Just got a 2009 C300 2 weeks for $29,734 with ipod intergration & multi media package white. Sales person was great!
  • djhitman3amdjhitman3am Member Posts: 5
    I own an 07 Hummer H3 & I'm not sure if it's b/c it's a Hummer or if all GM vehicles get this kind of love, but they're the most accommodating people I've ever met. They'll give you a loaner on-the-spot for an oil change, much less anything else. I took my car in for a few minor things, and the warranty is up-to-par with the best. I know this is a MB forum, but if anyone's ever interested in buying a Chevy/Hummer in the Chicagoland area, swing by the Woodfield location. They really are the nicest car-people EVER.

...on with the MB talk, lol...
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I think your question is really for Shinakuma.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    Here is what I did: I went to www.BenzOnly.com, where you can go to "Dealer Quotes", select your State and request a quote individually from every Mercedes-Benz Dealership in the country. Let them compete between themself. Whoever comes with the lowest price - earns my business. I did not care about rates or residuals, etc... All I care - who can give the lowest payment. The best deal I got on my E350 was $2,100 below invoice plus they had $2,500 incentive at the time, but I did not care about all that. The only thing made a deal is the lowest payment.
    Hope it helps.
    bought c300, 6MT black on black, with multimedia, 18 inch AMG, ipod for 28,120 ( msrp 38,120) including $500 fleet discount.
  • occarbuffoccarbuff Member Posts: 6
    That sounds very cool! Congrats!! Where did you find it?
    thanks, i bought it at rusnak mercedes in arcadia, they had the only manual 6 speed with multimedia in more then a 1000 mile radius. :)
  • paulxk1paulxk1 Member Posts: 8
    selling experience is always fab at MB (haven't heard of anybody getting puched for paying 30grand); the same quality remarks about the coffe in the reception area while you wait when MB are (not) servicing the car. If you will resell the banger or exchange it before the warranty runs out, all misshaps you are likely to experience will fade in time, else, all little issues experienced under the shelter of the warranty will jump and bite you badly (in the shape of a $ followed by four zeroes) after the warranty wears out.
  • dtc143dtc143 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for a 2009 black C350 with P2, Mutimedia, Ipod Integration, Pano, 18' AMG wheels for 37K plus tax + doc; MSRP for 46.6K.

Is this a good deal or not?

Thanks
    The dealer has improved his offer from 37K to 36K plus tax +doc or 40K out the door. Tax rate is high in California.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • carhunter_pscarhunter_ps Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    this seems to be a good deal. I am also in the market for a C300 or C350 2009.. From whom did you get the offer from?

Thanks.
    I got quotes from Mercedes-Benz of Pleasanton, Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco, and Autobahn Motors Mercedes in the San Francisco Bay Area. All their quotes were putty similar but Pleasanton gaved me the best quote.

Cheers
    Hey guys! I followed this thread closely about 7 months ago when I was getting my own car, but haven't lately since I'm not in the market, but I have seen through my email alerts that many people are getting $10k under sticker on 2009 C300's. Can anyone tell me if they know of any dealers around Los Angeles that still have any 09's in stock? Also, can you tell me the residual and MF on these cars for October(If possible, please give me the different tiers as I'm looking for my bf and his credit is crap and I'll likely co-sign for him bc my credit is 720, but that still won't give him Tier 1 since it'll average)? Thank you so much!
    Sorry! I didn't see this post until just now. The CTS is coming out with a coupe in summer 2010, but you probably don't want to wait that long. I don't believe the 2010's are out yet, but I could be wrong. I just started working a program for Cadillac taking the cars around and showing them to people (we have a CTS, CTS wagon, SRX, and Escalade Hybrid) -- do you live in So Cal? Maybe you can come check out the CTS this weekend when we're out if you're interested. Otherwise, I can look into what the differences between model years are if you'd like.
    It's even worse - legally you can't co-sign for a boyfriend. You can't even co-sign for a husband. However you can go on the same application with the husband as a primary buyer, since your credit is better. Besides, it does not do any good to reestablish his own credit, unless he can get approved on his own. The rates will depend on the bank who approves him - it may be other than Mercedes-Benz Financial, and different banks have different terms, so the best way to take the guesswork away is to contact Dealers directly, explain the situation and ask if they have 09 in stock. Of course you need to contact multiple Dealers so they can compete to earn your business. You can contact any Mercedes-Benz Dealership in one place here www.benzonly.com
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I received the original window sticker for my 2008 C300 and was surprised to see for the interior MB-tex. All the while I thought it had leather. Is this common, because the dealer I bought it from (used) even had it advertised as leather. I know it is more durable and looks just like leather. Even if no one else can tell, I know it is more like vinyl.
    Mb-Tex is not vinyl - it's a leather substitution, which is much better quality and last longer than even leather. Most people can't even see the difference between a leather (which is on your steering wheel) and the rest of the upholstery. About 20-30 years ago Mercedes-Benz put leather in almost every car, but today they sell about 1/4 of a million cars per year only in US alone, so I guess they are running out of enough cows in Germany to produce leather interior on this large scale. But you are safe, because about 90% of the C-Class sold in US have Mb-Tex.
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I agree with the durability. Ten years from now my interior will look better than one with even the premium leather option. If only they could find a way to inject that leather aroma, it would be perfect.
  • klusenerklusener Member Posts: 4
    So it turns out that Sep 2009 was a better time to get an 09 C300/350 than Oct 2009. The manufacturer rebates on a C300/C350 were 4000/5000 in Sep, while they're 2500/3500 in Oct. Looks like many vehicles were picked up in September due to the huge discounts (for example, mfctr rebate of 4000 + dealer rebate of another 5000 on a C300), thus clearing out a lot of inventory, eventually leading the dynamic price adjustments to reduce the rebates in October.

I bought a C300 yesterday for 7500 below MSRP, and am reasonably pleased about it. This carries the same amount of dealer discount as a 9000 markdown in September. On that note, I wanted to thank this forum profusely. If it hadn't been for you guys, I'd have had no idea of what kind of discount to shoot for. THANK YOU ALL!

If October sales of 09 models are poor, the rebates in Nov may go up, but the choice would be very limited. As it is, the choice in October is tiny compared to that in September.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Mb-Tex is not vinyl - it's a leather substitution

MB-Tex has been around for a long, long time.. Call it whatever you want, but it is vinyl... It might be very high quality vinyl.. . but, still..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Glad to hear that you made a deal. What was the process - what tools did you use to get this deal?
    Hi, I am also in the market for a 2009 C300/350. Which process did you use and where did you buy. Can you provide the dealer and the name of the sales person. thanks.
    (Disclaimer: This post turned out to be slightly long. Sorry about that.)

I got it at "Mercedes Benz of Princeton" in Princeton, NJ. The sales person was Alex something (I forgot his last name, and don't have his business card with me right now), but I felt that it didn't really matter who the sales person is.

Basically, I thoroughly researched the msrp and the prices of all options/packages of both C300 and C350 on both 2009 and 2010 models, in order to show that I'm a well-informed buyer. I also read up on all the things they usually say to push you off guard, and prepared appropriate responses. This really worked to my advantage in two ways. First, I wasn't surprised by any of his "sales moves", and so I didn't have to think or react on-the-spot, which helped me focus all my neurons on a single entity - the price. Second, after trying to pull a couple of sales tricks on me, he decided that it was pointless and just gave up!

Though I had a preference of exterior/interior colors and options/packages, I didn't show it and pretended that I was equally interested in all the vehicles that he had. As a result, he couldn't figure out which vehicle I was eyeing. This also helped me because, had he known how precisely one of his vehicles matched my criteria and how disappointed I would be with any of the other vehicles, he would have dangled it in front of me and ripped me off. And this was pretty much the only vehicle that matched my dream combo of colors/options in over 4 states (yes, I called almost every dealer in NJ, NY, DE, CT and eastern PA and none of them had what I wanted).

Finally, during the bargain, I didn't mention (or allow him to mention) the price, but talked about the discount instead (I guess it's the same as talking about the price, but I was more comfortable with the discount). I directly told him that I wasn't interested in wasting either his or my time, that I had other dealerships to visit after his, that I knew I'd be doing them a favor by taking an 09 model off their lot, that I knew they had sold similar cars for 9K off the MSRP in September, that I was looking for the same amount, and asked him to give me a simple yes/no answer. I expected him to laugh at me deridingly at my 9K figure, but he didn't. He showed me the official manufacturer rebates for Sep and Oct. I looked carefully, and though a part of my brain was telling me that this might be their latest sales ploy, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and instantly reduced my number from 9K to 7.5K in line with the rebates, while he was saying 5K. I refused to budge and he kept stalling. Meanwhile, a salesman from another dealership called me on my phone and I started speaking to him loud enough for this guy to hear ;-) Soon after, he agreed to 7.5K. The end :-)
  • akmediaakmedia Member Posts: 2
    Folks, need guidance to close out C 300 auto, P01 and Multimedia package. I was eyeing to get one for months and only now the price has come down. I'm in Baltimore area and there are only 3 to 4 dealerships close to me. So far I got $34,140 + tax, tittle..on a 2009 model.

I'm still not satisfied with the price based on other posts in this forum. Please suggest me how uch i can go down to seal the deal... The good thing is so far i did not go out to a delaership in person

I'm thrilled and excited to own a MB but that should not blindsight my price deal...

I will post on this forum once I finalize my deal...
    It seems that New Jersey is extra aggressive on prices. Why don't you get some quotes from there...
    From what you mentioned, looks like the MSRP is around 39,400-ish. Is that right? If so, then you've so far managed to get a 5K discount over the phone. Which is a great start! I'm reasonably sure that, if you go to the dealership, you can certainly bring it down by another 2-3K (or more, depending on how desperate the dealership is to get rid of their 09 stock).

It's understandable that salespeople might not be willing to go so low over the phone, without the guarantee that you'll buy it. But once you're present in the flesh, they'll likely be more convinced.
  • akmediaakmedia Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Strom and klusner for your advice. I took Strom advice to pull them $7.5K below sticker price.

Finally i got the car for $33,550 from a sticker price of $41,050. The car includes auto, P01, multimedia package, ipod & wood trim. Only one dealer gave me the price while i ringed the other with this price they called it a myth.

I took the delivery of the car yesterday from MB of Annapolis with all paperwork taking care of, even with license plates put in before i can took the care out from their lot. The whole process was smooth and they even gave us lunch coupons from a local restaruant.

Overall the process was smooth and thanks to this forum for providing me with the information to get a bargain deal.

About the car, the biggest difference I see between 09 and 10 models are with how ipods are integrated with COMAND interface. While 10 models read all the playlist and display it in the 7" display but the 09 models only pull the song name into the dash. This is kind of annoying because I'm not able to browse through the playlist and pick one. I haven't tried the media register yet. But will try it today.

Please let me know if you find any additional information on the internet about COMAND interface. I googled it but couldn't get any information.
    Good to hear that you made a great deal. Congratulations!
  • wizardofcairowizardofcairo Member Posts: 2
    SoCal.

C350
    P2
    MultiMedia
    Ipod
    Panoramic
    18" AMG Wheels

Sticker: 47,308
    Paid: 38,308 + Tax + Title (9K under sticker).
  • sushantsgsushantsg Member Posts: 6
    Congrats for your new car. Even i am in market for a new C300/350, but i am not getting the same discounts in Oregon. Can you please tell me from which dealer in SoCal you got the car from so i can see if they have any more in stock and can offer me a competitive pricing for it. Appreciate your help.
    Congrats for your new car. Even i am in market for a new C300/350, but i am not getting the same discounts in Oregon. Can you please tell me from which dealer you got the car from so i can see if they have any more in stock and can offer me a competitive pricing for it. Appreciate your help.
  • wizardofcairowizardofcairo Member Posts: 2
    Sure. I got it from Keys Van Nuys. They had a LOT in stock.
    California is the most aggressive State as far as pricing for a new Mercedes-Benz, because they have 44 Dealerships to compete - especially SoCal and they outsell all other States by far. But the State Government knows about it and they don't allow to sell cars to other States, unless you pay sales tax (which is the highest in the country over 10%). In Oregon you pay more for the car, but you have no sales tax. However - legally you have to pay sales tax of your residence (where you live). You need to convince the Dealership to sell it to you. If it's a lease - forget it - no Dealership will go for it. If it's a purchase - they may go for it, but you have to pick the car in person and they will give you a ONE WAY ticket to drive it back so you can register the car where you live on your own. If you can save thousands of dollars - then it may be worth to drive or fly to Los Angeles to pick it up. Try to contact Beverly Hills, Downtown LA Motors, WI Simonson and Penske. You can contact all of them (and make sure to explain situation and put your phone #) at www.BenzOnly.com
    Thanks for your response, it really helped. I called up all the dealers today, couple of them had '09 C300 and will let me know their offer tom.I am not sure if they can provide me the ticket to drive one-way. They were talking about shipping it to me for which i will have to pay around $600-$700.

The best offer i have got till now on C300 is about 9k off which sounds good to me.
    Thanks for your response, it really helped. I called up all the dealers today, couple of them had '09 C300 and will let me know their offer tom.I am not sure if they can provide me the ticket to drive one-way. They were talking about shipping it to me for which i will have to pay around $600-$700.

The best offer i have got till now on C300 is about 9k off which sounds good to me.
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    You could fly down and drive it back home. You should be able to get dealer plates or temporary plates to take the vehicle to your home state.

I have bought MB from Downtown LA Motors, MB Southbay in Torrance. Southbay had some good prices but the personnel have changed. My friend recently bought a 2010 from MB Calabasas. He received some good quotes from MB Long Beach and Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad.

Edmunds has a list of dealers by state. I used E-mail each time I purchased it is a lot easier. You can build your car on the dealers site and request a quote.
    I'm glad that my advice helped. If you call to Dealership in SoCal - always ask for Fleet or Internet manager, as it will speed up the process, because they have more "teeth" at the Dealership to give away cars at low prices and generally more familiar with out-of-state deals. Just don't take too long, becuase 09 are running out. The good news is: most people in So California lease and 2010 C-Class leases better than 09 - that's why they still have some.
    I used all the info's provided in these posts. Thanks a lot to all of you.
    I got a very good deal for a 2009 C300 with silver, auto, P01, multimedia, iPod & wood trim at MB of Laguna Niguel. Fabrizio helped to come down to the bottom line. Finally I paid 9k off MSRP
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Appreciate it if anyone could share info on prices/deals they are getting on the 2010 C300 4Matic.

I'm based in Colorado and looking to lease. Travelling to another state to get a good deal is not a problem.

Thanks in advance.
  • syncrotoyosyncrotoyo Member Posts: 2
    Car
    C300 sport AWD AUTO

Optional Equipment
    P01 Premium 1 Package
    413 Panorama Sunroof
    786 AMG 18" 5-Twin-Spoke Wheels
    057 iPod Integration Kit

Arctic White
    Destination Charge $875
    Total with Options $42,740 MSRP $39,800 Invoice

Im currently at 39600 without tax tag title.
    Is destination charge neg.?
    Does anyone know any current incentives?
    Any advise?
    Purchase in CT.

Thanks
    Joe
    Destination charge of $875 from factory in Germany to any Dealership in the USA is not negotiable. Because Dealer has to pay for it. To make it fair: every Dealer pays the same price, no matter where they are located and no matter on what model it is. For example: it's a lot cheaper to deliver to Los Angeles (right at the port) than to Colorado - where you have to pay extra for trucking, but the charge stays the same $875.
    However, you can negotiate the whole selling price. Don't try to concentrate on some fees. Always try to concentrate on the bottom line - the total out of pocket. You can request multiple quotes from any MB Dealer in any State here link title also check specials, invoice and any other info in regards to C-class. However, Dealer cash incentives may vary from State to State.
  • syncrotoyosyncrotoyo Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your advise and comments on destination charge.
    Seems Like ill be making a deal tomorrow so ill post later my results.

Thanks again
    Thanks again as i finalized the deal for a 09' C350 and the dealer would be shipping the vehicle to me. I got 10.5k off the sticker price. The car is got is

09' C350 Steel Grey
    P II package
    Multimedia Package
    18" Wheels.

I am excited to receive the delivery of my new car in next few days.

I spoke the internet manager and the guy was really nice and dealing went really smooth. They have a lot of 09's in stock.
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Congrats on the car.

Which dealership did you buy from?