Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Highlander Owners: Meet the Members

1235»

Comments

• favalonfavalon Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone, this is my first post here and while not yet a Highlander owner I promised my wife I would do some research, she is interested in buying one. Would like some feedback on what kind of gas mileage everyone is getting and living in northern Virginia if we should get the 2w, 4w, or awd? and do these differ re: gas mileage? Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • goldstongoldston Member Posts: 110
    Good morning,

In response to you question about gas mileage we get 20-21 city and 25-26 highway here in Phoenix Az. Both our Highlanders (2001 & 2002) are 2WD, V-6 Limited. We are very happy with both.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Philip
  • chappyogillchappyogill Member Posts: 1
    Dennis,

Same experience - went to Michael's then thankfully found my way to Burien for the purchase. I've also used Burien's body shop thanks to a "hit and not run but park right next to me" and they did an almost perfect job. I would recommend.

Today I'm trying out Toyota of Seattle's Service department for the first time. My friend recommended a local shop by the name of Moss Alley Motors, but I had a recall so off to the dealer I went.

Any local shop experiences?
  • sage3sage3 Member Posts: 47
    favalon
    I get between 19 and 22MPG with mixed city and highway driving (i own an 01 v6 4wd).
    If you get seriuos snow for more then a few weeks 4wd comes in handy. Otherwise your paying extra for the gas and for the 4wd.
    Im in Buffalo NY and my job involves 100 miles of driving daily, so 4wd does come in handy during the winter.
    Tom
  • catskilltroutcatskilltrout Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide 4 cyl. or 6 cyl. Highlander. I see that you have the 4 and live in the Northeast. I live the same region, the Catskills. How have you found the performance and gas milage?

Regards,
    catskilltrout
  • paralegalgrlparalegalgrl Member Posts: 1
    hi
    my nane is lauren soprani. my parents got me a 2005 toyota highlander 4X4 v6 4wd last week. they said they did not get the packages offered as extras. does that mean that i dont have any security features? i did receive that key that says unlock, lock, and panic on the back but not the sticker for the window that tracks the glass or anything else. do you have it and is it important or what does that key i have do if anything? i dont park my car in a garage so im just a little nervous.
  • landdriverlanddriver Member Posts: 607
    Congratulations on your new purchase!

You can rest easy as you do have a security feature in the form of an alarm that will sound the horn repeatedly if somebody tries to break into the vehicle; the alarm can also be activated by the panic button on the remote if for some reason you want to, say if you're in the office and you see someone out the window trying to break into the car (though your car will have to be reasonably close to the office for the panic button to be detected by the Highlander). I suspect most people never use the panic button; the most common use of the remote is to lock and unlock the doors when you're within 10 feet or so of the car so you don't have to physically insert the key into the door to unlock it if you don't want to.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Highlander boards!!!
  • usdsleeusdslee Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I live in NYC and just bought my HL limited (bluestone metallic) and owned it for 24 hours. My husband and I (and my 4 year old) absolutely love it...the roomy interior, comfortable and smooth ride. We used to have Toyota Camry LE V6 before a 90 year old man did a U-turn in the middle of a highway and totalled our car. We are lucky to be alive to share our joy of owning HL and sorrow of losing Camry. In any case, just wanted make sure that 2005 tax deduction still applies for this year's model. Look forward to your response.
  • justannettejustannette Member Posts: 2
    Just bought my 2002 Highlander. Love it!! I have owned 97, 98 4-runner and 95 Camry. Bought my 97 4-runner brand new and love it at the time. Bought my 98 4 runner last December and had forgotten how rough the ride was. Wanted something smoother. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Now, I am looking at accessories. Having trouble finding original tow hitch - Mine came without one. I have looked everywhere locally (Fresno, CA) and throughout the internet. I purchased a tubular hidden hitch today and should get in a couple days. The hitch looks bulky but it was the best I have seen. I really wanted the original part because I think it looks cleaner and unassuming. Is there another area in your forum I can find an original hitch for my 2002 or find someone who is willing to sell me theirs.

Love this site. Thanks for the help.
    A belated welcome (since no one else has come forward to welcome you :mad: ) -- don't have answers to your questions; you'll find there are more posts with questions than those with answers on these boards, but I encourage you to stick around and become regulars in the "Highlander family", and with time possibly fill-in those answer gaps with your own experiences!
  • ostaosta Member Posts: 9
    Hi!
    I just selected and made a deal for my new Salsa Red Highlander Limited this afternoon! I got the Nav system (which is extremely important to me), leather, etc. I have to get the title to my 2001 Subaru Outback that I'm trading in from the bank safe deposit box Monday and I'll take delivery Tuesday morning.

I am getting the car form Greenwich Toyota in Cos Cob, CT and they were very nice to deal with. I previously had terrible dealer experiences buying both a new VW in the mid 80's and a new Honda in the late 90's. I was very happy with the Greenwich dealership so far at least.

I'm really looking forward to driving my new Highlander!
  • grahampetersgrahampeters Member Posts: 1,786
    G'day

From the perspective of the first 9000km on my 2005 Kluger (Highlander to you) after owning a Subaru Outback for six years, I'd say it will be an acquired taste. The Toyota is nowehere as exciting to drive (suabrus are really sportscars with suburnban housewife looks on a four wheel drive chassis). That siad, the engine is delightful and the whle ownership experience is nice.

Welcome aboard

Cheers

Graham
  • manofluvmanofluv Member Posts: 4
    I own a "04" HL V6 4WD. This is the best SUV I have ever driven. I brought it a year ago and my wife took it from me. I got her a new car last week so I could have the HL but now we fight over who gets the HL.
    You should have just bought a second HL...
  • manofluvmanofluv Member Posts: 4
    U R right. I put some nerf boards on it nnow she says it looks like a mans truck so I get to drive it more often..
  • laubolaubo Member Posts: 1
    I'm up to 21,000 miles on my 2004 FWD V6 Highlander. I'm quite satisfied with it, especially with the driving comfort on long trips. I've been getting 25 mpg on the highway, as printed on the sticker, but have found I can increase to 27 if I use my cruise control as much as possible.

Sometime in the last 3,000 miles the tires started getting noisy, but no vibration. I assume it's from uneven wear, but I'm wondering why I'd get uneven wear at 21,000 miles. I have gone up over a couple of curbs, which leads me to wonder if it's an alignment problem. Anybody else have the same problem?
  • jhornjhorn Member Posts: 18
    My 2003 V6 Highlander had a similar problem with the original Goodyear tires. They did wear out unevenly and were terrible in water. Last year, I replaced them at 15,000 miles with Yokohama. The new tires are much better. My Highlander now has about 36,000 miles (rotated them 3 times since the replacement). They seem to wear evenly. I have not done alignments since bought the vehicle.

John
  • paterdpaterd Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I was doing a search for used Highlanders and came across this forum so I had to sign up. I sm starting to look for a used Highlander, I'm tired of buying new cars and dealing with the bugs. I am picky about color, so I haven't been able to find one I like. I need to start looking seriously though, as I want it before the show flys. Sounds like some happy owners here!
    Welcome to the Highlander boards!

Good luck in your search. In the case of the HL as in Toyotas in general the number of flaws tend to be low. I bought new and the two flaws I experienced (glovebox rattle and front door side wind noise) were taken care of by the dealer under warranty. One of the members on this board makes the point that sometimes the price difference between a new and used HL may not be all that much due to the fact Toyotas don't depreciate as much as some other brands.

The HL is a car that people fall in love with!
  • billranbillran Member Posts: 113
    I personally believe that the Highlander is an excellent choice and you will love it. We have always bought our cars new. I know that costs a bit more but my wife loves the smell :) This Highlander is the first new car I have ever purchased that did not have even one small problem to take it back for. I think you can't go wrong, new or used, and landriver is correct that unfortunately you probably wont find a huge savings buying used. Either way you will have a great car.
    My hubby talked me into looking at a new one, you're right, the used ones are that much less, besides I haven't been able to find one around here! I must say though, so far I am disappointed with the upholstery, it looks like the only choices are a very light beige or very light grey. What are they thinking of using such light colors for a car interior/upholstery! Now I will have to spend more and get leather, which I don't really want but it's better than trying to keep a light colored fabric clean!
    Yea the HL interior is light overall (not sure how prevalent this trend is on other Toyota models); the HL's cousin, the Lexus RX330, has a dark interior but costs 10K more. (The edition of the HL that's sold in Japan has a dark interior.) Keep looking at the HLs until you discover which one appeals to you the most!
  • adestadest Member Posts: 4
    I have been looking for references to HL with rattle/vibration problems. I bought a 2005 in August, and found that there was a buzzing noise at certain RPM just under my feet - it didn't sound right. So, with less than 2000 miles on it, I took it to the dealer. After 2.5 days of test driving with techs (half could hear the buzz, half couldn't), finally the shop foreman drove with me and heard it for himself. He found it came from the steering rack, where he'd also found some lubricant that had come from "somewhere". I was very upset that now they were going to start replacing parts to try and find out what was wrong. They finally admitted that this was not just "normal" vibration noises. (kinda knew that when I took it in!)....

SO, I made a deal, wrote a check, got screwed over royally by the dealership, and drove away with a 2006 just last week. The 2nd or 3rd time I drove it any distance, I noticed that there's a rattling in the driver-side door! If I pull the door handle tighter while driving it goes away. It seems to be coming from the inside of where the shoulder restraint mechanism is - but nothing I adjust or press on makes a difference.

I have tried to ignore it, and I have been through and through trying to get the techs to hear what I'm hearing, I'm close to tears, and my husband and I are arguing over it. (he supported the trade-in hoping we could just walk away from the problem vehicle) Why oh Why did I trade in my Tundra???

I'm at my wits' end. I've always driven Toyota. (7 in my life so far) This has me feeling like they are just riding on the coat tails of their reputation - not earning it anymore.

I'm really not THAT noise sensitive - but this is right at my ear, and I would expect that esp after paying much more to finally have a "new" vehicle, this would not be an issue. Especially after spending so much time pleading with them before that the steering-rack vibration wasn't just in my head, I am just emotionally and mentally exhausted with it.

I'm going to take it to a DIFFERENT dealer's service department and see what they can do. I just can't stand the thought of dealing with the same jerks at the first dealership.
    I think taking it to another dealer is an excellent idea -- even after buying the first HL you should have got a vehicle you were completely satisfied with.

Rattling problems are not exactly uncommon to HLs unfortunately. Since women's hearing is more sensitive to higher frequencies, if the service department happens to have a female tech (mine does), you might see if you can get her to do the test drive. I hate rattling problems because even the simple ones can be difficult to isolate.

Generally HL owners are very happy with their cars. Been poking around the Toyota Tacoma and Ford Ranger Problems and Solutions forums as I'm comparing these two vehicles, and although Toyota's generally have less problems than Fords, for example, and although both in most cases produce solid vehicles that their owners are very happy with, occasionally both will produce a lemon.

Its good to hear from both owners who are satisfied with their vehicles as well as those who aren't so we all can make informed decisions. In any case hopefully you'll get the problem fixed sooner or later; keep plugging and keep us posted!!
    Hi landdriver,

I took it to a different dealer's service department, had a tech drive it, and he immediately heard it. In this case, it's right next to the driver's ear - even with the radio on, it's obvious. They determined it was coming from the seatbelt's upper "adjustment assembly" and ordered a new one.

They got it in today, and let me come right over - took about an hour total for the installation. And it's quiet. Sigh. Even on rough roads. ALTHOUGH, as you say, women have good hearing, and mine seems to be especially good (it's a curse - I didn't blow out my eardrums as a teenager). So, I can barely hear "something" going on in the column the seatbelt is attached to. It's only just enough to make me worry that it will start up again. And I'm sure now I'm tuned into it.

A friend at work almost at the same time bought an identical 2004 highlander to mine (4cyl, etc), and we went to lunch today. NO rattles anywhere in her used 2004 with 33,000 miles. Very solid.

I'm hoping this really is the fix. My nerves are wearing thin. I'm hopeful...
    Oh - P.S. to landdriver:

I had a Tacoma for a while. I bought it new in 2000. That was the last time I bought a Toyota that I didn't have to take back to the dealer with a problem sometime during the time I had it. (for a little over 2 years).

It was a manual transmission, and my commute is 16 miles of stop-and-go traffic. It was not very comfortably laid out for a small (5'5") woman, even though it's a small truck. I suppose the automatic transmission version might have been more comfortable.

So, I traded that in for the REALLY comfy (and Quiet) Tundra (V6 - automatic trans). BUT wanting better mileage and a back seat that could seat adults, I traded it in for the (first) Highlander.

If I could undo everything, I'd wash it all away and keep my Tundra - got its rated 17-19 mileage and sometimes better. Looking back, it was a big mistake to trade it in - even though it HAD been through the whole "gas cap not sitting right" fiasco - making the engine light come on.... They finally replaced the neck to the gas tank, and, finally the charcoal cannister before the light stopped coming on. (didn't listen to me on that one either - just kept telling me I wasn't putting the gas cap on right!).

Anyway - I'm rambling - the point is: my first vehicle was a 1985 Toyota extra cab pickup that was wonderful - that's why I got the Tacoma. Not quite as simple anymore as they used to be, but the Tacoma was a reliable little truck! Quiet, too!
  • klaremripklaremrip Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone!

My name is Klara and I live in San Diego.

I've been reading these forums and they have been so helpful! Yesterday, my DH and I bought a black '03 CPO HL Limited. I haven't taken delivery on it yet since they are taking care of a few things for me first.

In the meantime, can you recommend some accessories I might need? The HL came with the standard Limited features. I'm thinking I need a trunk organizer - but what kind would you recommend? Any other recommendations?

TIA!
    P.S. to adest:

Glad to hear some good news re your HL!!

Yea, people on these boards occasionally mention Toyota's quality isn't quite as impeccable as it used to be...
    One nice thing is the tonneau cover, but being a Limited your's should already have this. Not sure what you have in mind in terms of trunk organizers but if it doesn't have one already get the Toyota '01-'03 black cargo net ($45) for the cargo area -- is really useful for keeping groceries and the like from sliding around. The Toyota carpeted floor and cargo area mats are very nice looking if your's doesn't already have them (~$150?). And possibly Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner (~$10ea) if your's has the leather seats.

Some people are really into the smoke-colored hood bug deflector ($80?) and sunroof wind deflector ($80??) for dressing up the exterior (and would look especially slick on a black HL), but this is a personal preference thing. Other options include fender flares (~$600?) and gold emblems (~$100??), but these are not too popular (ask to hold one of the gold emblems up against the vehicle before shelling-out the cash). Wait awhile before deciding to add some aftermarket speakers.

Hope you enjoy your HL, and YWIA (you're welcome in advance)!
  • driverxxdriverxx Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a new black 06 V6 FWD Highlander. On retrospect, I wish I had bought a 4WD, but it too late now. I traded in my Subaru Impreza. I very much like the new car.
    I am wondering if anyone can recommend a mat for the back that is long enough to cover the back with the second row down. I want to protect the seats from my bike when I lay it down in the back. I considered a bike rack for the back, but apparently it needs a hitch, which I dont have, plus I dont want it sticking out the back.
    Also, the HL didnt come with an alarm. When I called, the salesman said it did have an alarm if the window was broken, etc. But I couldnt find it. I took it back and another salesman said none of the Toyotas have alarms. Do you all have one? Did you install one? Is it worth it? I live in Phoenix...lots of car thefts here.
    Otherwise I love my new car.

j.
    jenny:

Never seen a long cargo mat as you described but perhaps if anyone else has they'll chime in. I have the standard size cargo mat and whenever I haul something, after folding the second row seats down, I flip the cargo mat over onto the second row seats so any scuff marks will only get on the back of the mat and on the cargo area floor normally covered by the mat; that way you normally don't see the scuff marks when the mat is flipped back again. If this doesn't work out perhaps an auto upholstery shop can make a custom mat or you can get a bike rack at a later date; maybe there's an aftermarket one out there that doesn't require the hitch?

Second salesman was wrong as many of the HLs indeed have factory alarms. I think all the HLs with the remote keyless entry system have the anti-theft and engine immobilizer system with the red blinking "Security" LED -- this is their most basic alarm system -- if the door is forced open the horn will sound repeatedly and the lights will flash; you can test this by pressing the red "panic" button on the remote fob. I don't have the optional glass breakage sensor so am not sure how to tell if you have it; if you still have the window sticker it should list this if your HL has it; perhaps the owner's manual may say something about it too. Lastly there is an optional VIP RS3200 alarm system that is more comprehensive than the standard anti-theft and engine immobilizer system that possibly the dealer can install so you should ask them about it.

The FWD is a very nice vehicle so I think you will be very happy with it but if you really want to you can get one of those "AWD" chrome badges (the parts department sells them) and affix it to the back of your HL so people will think you have the 4WD!

Glad you love the HL and welcome!!!

L
  • grahampetersgrahampeters Member Posts: 1,786
    G'day

You will find out that you have an alarm soon enough. Leave a passenger side window down when you pull up at hom. After locking the car with the remote, wait a minute and then lean in, unlock the passenger door and open it.

It's not the full on motion detector type affiar but the horn going off at midnight confirms the alarm works. I think you can also test it by unlocking the passenger door with a key rather than the remote

Cheers

Graham
    Hi landdriver,

Alas, I knew it was too good to be true....

After driving to my mothers this weekend, and back (about 240 miles round trip), the noise was back just as bad as if I'd never taken a half day off from work to have it "repaired".

On the "up" side, the power, accelleration, etc., was very good - better than the first Highlander that had the issues they started throwing parts at. At least there are relatively few parts that could be causing this - AND it's nothing to do with anything under the hood.

But everytime that thing starts buzzing - it's like is saying "You just wrote a huge check to have ME".... (the amount I paid the dealership to get out from under the first one).... You don't even want to know. They didn't do me any favors - though they sure acted like it.
    adest:

Sorry to hear they didn't fix the problem! If you haven't done so already be sure to take it back to the service department and ideally have the same tech drive it who immediately heard it the first time you were there. And make a big deal about having to take time off work again so as to give them motivation to find the true cause of the problem this second go-around!!

Keep us posted!!!
  • ga_bulldawgsga_bulldawgs Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I just bought my HL, the first week in November. My wife had the family share in Toyota with two camry's and I with Honda. She finally convinced me to test drive the HL, as I was thinking it was about time to trade the 92 Accord in. I was only looking at over 200,000k without any major problems. That's even factoring in a tour in Europe with it. I'm in the process of changing out the factory radio and adding a 8-pack CD Changer in the center console. I hope to enjoy the HL as long as I did the Accord.
    Welcome!!!

:)
  • metoyokapalametoyokapala Member Posts: 1
    Good Day Karen,

My name is Eric, Just traded my RAV 4 to a 2006 Highlander base. I had the worse experience with WESTBURY TOYOTA in Long Island NY. I got so Screwed by the sales people and the finance manager. I have love toyota since there quality and performance are so good. The only thing is the people who you buy the cars are really the worse people that you never knew will messed your life with the worse deal ever on the trade and buy of a suv. I just bought the car Dec 3 and i'm still so stress out since then because the dealer never did commit with there promises and deals that was agreed upon the table and paper work. Until now i haven't got the money for my RAV 4 the overpayment that i should have got i even tried to call, email the customer service of the dealer it seems that they don't care once you got the suv. Never had a experience on trading car, i'm not sure who to call to get my money i even complain to the toyota customer service. They call me and told me that the dealers are independent and they don't have anything to do with them. I guess toyota don't care since you bought the car already. Do you have any idea who i can go to get this people give what they owe me? I'm getting frustrated and not sure if i go to an attorney or the BBB to get all this issue resolved. I emailed, called and mailed them but they don't give a sh*t about the it.
  • lgjavalgjava Member Posts: 48
    Yeah I know they really like to stress you out don't they?

Anyway though eric, you can always take them to small claims court right?

They'll tell you anything at a dealership. When I was buying my Toyota Highlander, the manager said, "I never sell a car without the floor mats." Not!
    $220 was added to the bill. They did take $1000 off the price of the car though. One thing that really bothered me when I was buying my new car was the finance guy (or whatever) asked me the mileage on the Highlander that I'd just test driven. I said 60. So he sort of emphatically shook his hand in a slashing motion and said 50. Like the represented mileage of the car is somehow debateable? Whatever.

Just as I was about to drive off the lot, the dealer came running out with the "Passport to Convenience" booklet and backhanded it into the glove compartment with a sort of Grinch-like smirk. I should have thought something was up at that point.

You wanna hear something really funny though? I had my oil changed yesterday at the dealership that sold me the car. So I went to pick it up. Outside it's pouring rain, and my car is parked right next to this clown-colored car with garish mismatched panels. I think my dealership is trying to tell me something! Sort of like park the car in the middle of the lot in the rain and make the customer walk to his "land of the Misfit Toyotas car."

Anyway, I thought it was kinda funny, because the sold me a brand new car with several repainted panels.

Yep, they can get you with the money you pay, that is the price, or the quality. Or both. And then the little petty nick nacks as well.

Try small claims?
  • polo2883polo2883 Member Posts: 4
    Joys of car buying experience's.

I went to one dealer who told me not to shop around. I am buying a $30000+ car what makes you think I won't shop around. He would not let me walk out the door without a deposit. I gave in and gave him $100 deposit. Then I found a better price and he told me to buy the car from somewhere else and hung up on me.

The car that he wanted to sell me was already traded to another dealer that I had visit earlier.

I complained to Toyota national but that was useless. I am pretty sure nothing will be done about it.

I finally did buy my 06 Highlander Limited from a dealer who sold it to me at invoice price. I also did get my college grad. rebate of $400.

The dealer that I did buy the car from treated me with respect and was never pushy. He bent over backwards to get me the details of the car and price and when he would get it. He also did not hide the invoice price. He plainly just told me what it was and it did match the paperwork he showed me on the new car.

Since it was a dealer trade the car does have 31 miles on it but thats all good. I am going to enjoy the highlander once I get it at the end of this week.

With all the horrible experience I hear from other people, I think toyota needs to start looking into some of these dealers, they are going to lose customer's. I almost went to Honda but my dad told me just find another dealer.
    Here I am again, still haven't gotten my Highlander, I just hate new car shopping. Today I found out my Credit Union has a 2004 Highlander with 40,000 miles ( they say "low mileage"!) but I think that's a lot of miles for a 2 year old car. Also the color is green and I sorta had my heart set on blue. They want $24,725 for it, does that sound like a good price?
    Hey paterd:

Here I am again, still haven't gotten my Highlander, I just hate new car shopping.

Don't we all!

Today I found out my Credit Union has a 2004 Highlander with 40,000 miles ( they say "low mileage"!) but I think that's a lot of miles for a 2 year old car.

I agree.

Also the color is green and I sorta had my heart set on blue. They want $24,725 for it, does that sound like a good price?

I'm not calibrated to used HL prices; perhaps someone else will chime in. In any case the answer depends on the options -- it almost for sure is a Limited as non-limited base HLs can be had for as little as 23K new; Limiteds start around 30K new.

Assuming it's a loaded Limited with options like AWD, 3rd row seat, heated seats, and entertainment and/or NAV system, then the price begins to look good, but this is just my personal uninformed take.

Since you're not thrilled with the millage nor the color you may use this a data point as you become more familiar with used HL prices. You may check-out used HL prices in the paper or at your local Toyota dealer or other used car dealers. Also edmunds.com has a used car price calculator (kbb.com may too), but I'd use those numbers with a grain of salt.

You might also check-out the Real-World Trade-In Values board to see if that is at all useful.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!! :)
  • meshmesh Member Posts: 20
    Hello everyone:

I have owned my Highlander since last October after having test-driven numerous crossover vehicles such as the Endeavor, Pilot, CRV, '06 Grand Vitara, Forester XT, Outback 3.0, Tribeca, and Escape Hybrid. I settled on the Highlander because of its power, handling, ride, reliability, and relative economy (although the Endeavor was actually my first choice, it was just too much of an "SUV"). Has anyone had any experience removing the 3rd row seats? I don't have children and am philosophically opposed to being burdened with such a superfluous, vestigial, mandatory, space robbing symbol of misplaced family values. I would really love to have some more storage space for smaller items.
  • joemorenajoemorena Member Posts: 4
    Eric

Westbury Toyota on Long Island, NY is terrible. I thought maybe the online reviews might be a little exaggerated...boy was I wrong!

They lack the integrity to stand behind their words and product. The manager is a loudmouthed and aggressive. Their prices are competitive but I certainly would not mind paying a little more elsewhere to get better treatment and know that if something does go wrong they will stand by their product and commitments.

I'm with you on Westbury Toyota. Find out what your legal options are. Another thing you could do is post your opinions on sites such as these so other potential customers do not have to go through the same treatment and are aware that there are way better choices out there.

Good luck with the litigation.
  • eagle17eagle17 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to share how pleased my wife and I are with our new classic silver metalic, black cloth interior 2008 Highlander sport. I traded in a 2002 GMC Envoy SLE that we both really liked but the Highlander is superior. We like the firmer ride of the Sport and the extra room for passengers and cargo is great. We've already put 600 miles of around town driving on it and it's a beauty to drive. Bought WeatherTech Extreme Duty floor liners to keep the floor clean and dry and just today installed a custom fitted "CargoLiner" purchased from everythingsuv.com to keep the cargo area clean. By the way Kendra at everythingsuv.com is customer oriented; a pleasure doing business with her. The car buying experience was pretty good too considering how much we dislike the process. Bought the car from Ourisman Chantilly Toyota so if you are living in the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area I'd give them a try. We paid around $2,500 less than the Edmund's TMV (What others are paying).
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats Eagle!

Please write a review of the dealer too:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews
  • jmaximajmaxima Member Posts: 1
    My name is John. I just purchased a 2005 Highlander 3.3 L V6 AWD Limited. I just became a member of this forum and enjoy reading all the comments...
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hi, John. Welcome aboard!

We're looking forward to your parcipation in our Forums. Be sure to check out the wide ranging topics in our Toyota Highlander section.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • smkalchiksmkalchik Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I purchased this vehicle new from a dealership. The vehicle came with a factory installed DVD entertainment system. My problem is the volume setting of the factory installed DVD. When I switch to DVD setting and play a DVD the volume setting is low. I am required to raise the master control volume about 15 - 20 settings to hear the DVD. The remote control for the DVD does NOT have a volume control setting. Once I switch back to the radio setting I need to turn the master volume control down about 15 - 20 settings because it is too loud. I have showed this problem to two separate Toyota dealers with no success. Their excuse is the DVD is an accessory and has a different volume setting I cannot believe that every Toyota SUV has this same problem with DVD player volume
  • propitapropita Member Posts: 2
    I posted in the "Meet the Members" board for Camry Solara owners for our other car.

As I posted there, I name my cars and my husband indulges me in it. Our light blue Highlander is Galahad. He has about 86,000 miles. You read that right. 86,000. We live in Fresno, nowhere to go unless you're actually going somewhere.

"Gally" has been a good car. No complaints, but a lot of enjoyment. Leather interior (which could use a cleaning) and sun roof (which we don't use but came with the car). He's the right size for our needs, neither too big nor too small. And having no kids means that, aside from a needed cleaning, the interior is near new.

I'm very happy with my Toyotas.