Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CHEVY TRACKER- Maintenence & Reliability info?

goslinggosling Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
Most interested in the 1991 model but any info is welcome

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Click on the "used" toobar at the top of this page, in the Blue Field. I'll also keep this discussion open in case some Tracker owners wish to comment....so check back after you've read the Edmunds data on this car.

Host
  • kernaghankernaghan Member Posts: 1
    I am from Canada and I am looking at a 90' Tracker. Does anybody know how reliable they are? I know they are really hard to sell, but what other faults do they have? I really want to buy one, but I don't know that much about them. The lady is asking $2500 for a 90', is that good?Please, if you know of anything let me know.
    Thank You,
    Kelly
  • crandeldcrandeld Member Posts: 1
    I have owned a '90 Tracker LSi 5 speed Hardtop for 2 winters. It has been very reliable and trouble free, and fun to drive to boot. The previous owner drove it winters too, sports car for the summers. 52,000 miles when I bought it, 66,500 now. I replaced windshield wipers, gas and oil. Everything works, but airconditioner does not get much of a workout. Bought it for $4,100, I think I will let it go for $3.500.
  • alanmakcaalanmakca Member Posts: 12
    I had a 1991 Chevy Tracker...owned it for 9 nine years. Regular oil changes every 5,000Km. Wipers and air filters. one new set of tires (Yoko Geolanders) and two tune ups and one set of brake pads. Other than that, no other maintenance. Great little truck!
  • ballfire8888ballfire8888 Member Posts: 131
    I have had this little truck since new. No problems with it whatsoever except...

I am sure fuel guage had an idiot light to indicate low levels. This light stopped working soon after delivery and GM claims no such light exists!
  • amoraamora Member Posts: 204
    has been trouble free since 3/27/99. Has 22,000 mi. Has auto, 4 doors, fully loaded with
    transfer case. I don't care for the buzzy engine. Noisy at launch, top speed on level ground 100 mph. My wife wants to buy at lease end i suggested maybe trade up to V6 Tracker.
  • joq867joq867 Member Posts: 3
    My wife has a '93 tracker 2 wheel drive convertible 5-speed (I drive it now). She bought the car new and has never EVER had a problem with it. It has 135,000 miles on it now. In 1999 we put 2 tires on it because the ORIGINAL tires started leaking from the side walls (dry rot), that was at about 100,000 miles, kept the other 2 on it 'til 2000 and 115,000 miles and finally replaced them. It has had the battery replaced twice, the front brake pads about every 2 yrs. and I replaced the timing belt at 100,000 just because I got worried, but it showed no signs of wear. They are great for "throw away cars", which is what a friend of mine at a Chevy dealership called them. I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of one. If you don't use it much keep it for a back up, in case your regular car breaks down. sorry to be so long but I can't say enough about how great these little jeeps are.
This discussion has been closed.