Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    It depends on the cost of getting out of your lease. I paid $1000 to get out of a 39 mo lease after 13 months. Then I took advantage of conquest money etc and leased the e350 for 24 mos, no money down, multiple security deposits...for less per month than I was paying for the infiniti M37. My Infiniti dealer bought the car so there was no tax on the buyout...just $1000.

You really don't know until you ask and look at your personal situation. If you are considering purchasing a gas e350, the 2012 is a much better car (engine)...if you are leasing and want a diesel, you will probably never see a better deal than the one they are offering now on 2011's on a 24 month lease.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Yes! Mercedes Benz usually has special promotions/incentives during November and December. Last year, they provided 3 years of EMBRACE (Mercedes Benz's answer to ONSTAR) if you financed your vehicle with Mercedes Benz Financial. They also had a $2000 loyalty incentive as well and $1500 loyalty for MB Financial.

As for the new engine (my new 2012 E350 is currently at the port of Jacksonville awaiting transport down here to the southeast coast of FL), you will have 34 more horsepower (268 to 302),with significantly improved fuel economy (my brother has the new engine in his E350 coupe and is getting 32 mpg's in cruise control on the turnpike) a new "BLUE EFFICIENCY" transmission (I was told by my service manager that the new transmission is really the same transmission withe a few changes coupled with a BRAND NEW BLUE FLUID), and updates to the center speedometer screen (in the E350, you have two screens, one in the center above the console and another in the middle of the speedometer) which adds color to the readouts for NAV, RADIO STATIONS, FUEL ECONOMY READINGS, TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS, ETC. Also, there will be anew LED daytime running light configuration for both the sport and luxury models.

I would not recommend getting out of your lease with Infiniti UNLESS you have very low mileage and the car is worth more than the residual plus your remaining payments. If you wait until your lease is over, you won't have the added expense and, from my experiences, you can still get incentives from MB during the spring and summer.

If you qualify for a USAA incentive, it may pay to get out fo the lease early.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• wareaglejimwareaglejim Member Posts: 4
    How does the sports model compare to the Luxury model? We just bought the sports model last week. our 4 previous Mercedes have been the Luxury model. Also I traded in our 2008 E class. Is there any way to find our what the dealer sold that car for? I still have the vin #. Thanks
  • wareaglejimwareaglejim Member Posts: 4
    Also, TGhe tires can not be rotated on the sports model. My 2008 at 42,500 miles when I traded it in with the ORIGINAL tires. Has anyone had any experience with the tires are can not be rotated?
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    C class Sport is the same way. The rear-tires are wider than the front tires. You have to replace them in pair and no rotating.
    Some things you should know about the Sport vs. Luxury models:

* 90% of all production of E350's are "sport" models. My dealer told me the reason is due to the fact that most people prefer the larger wheels/tires, the ground effects, the front grill, and the preferred handling of the sport due to stiffer shocks and springs, and the wider stance (improved cornering) Of course, the "ride" is much stiffer, and older drivers find that uncomfortable. I always get my E350's with the sport package.

*when it comes to resale, the sport model gets a better resale value since most E's are built that way. In fact, my dealer told me that Luxury models tend to bring less money on trade than the sport models.

*the LED daytime running lights are standard on the sport, not so on the Luxury. Although, you should know that the 2012's will have the LED's both models. The difference in 2012's is that the LED's will be a straight array as opposed to the "hockey-puck" arracy currently offerred on the 2011's.

*the interior of the sport is a bit different than the interior of the luxury. Instead of multi-toned interiors, the sport has a monotone interior. Also, instrument cluster is different.

I hope I"ve helped.

2021 Genesis G90

edited September 2011
    Of course the BlueTec has 17" wheels whether it's a sport or a luxury. I personally object to "older riders find the ride of the sports is uncomfortable"...that's stereotyping and untrue...if I didn't need a larger car, I'd be driving a porsche cayman S and it's likely you would see me as "older". Resale on the Luxury and Sport are essentially the same....in fact few non mercedes dealers even know the difference. Condition is far more important than which trim you have on the car.

Please explain "also, instrument cluster is different"....I believe all e350's get the same(new) instrument cluster.
    edited September 2011
    FIRST OF ALL, I AM A RETIRED SCHOOL PRINCIPAL/AUTO DEALERSHIP MANAGER! YOU CAN OBJECT ALL YOU WANT ABOUT "OLDER RIDERS", BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH ALL KINDS OF DRIVERS, THE OLDER DRIVERS TEND TO OBJECT TO THE SPORT MODEL. THAT IS FROM EXPERIENCE OVER THE YEARS

SECONDLY, FROM EXPERIENCE, THE SPORT MODEL BRINGS A HIGHER TRADE VALUE THAN THE LUXURY!

I know what I am talking about. This is a forum that is used to express facts and opinions! I try to help out people whenever I can from my own experiences and I have owned over 20 Mercedes Benz vehicles in the past 20 years.

From now on, do me a favor - if you want people to respond to your posts, which you asked for, DON'T BADGER THE RESPONDERS!

I have helped many, many forum participants over the years in selecting the right car for them. Additionally, I am extremely well versed in the E350 model. I buy one every year.

ENOUGH SAID!

Older drivers tend to have back aches and pains. The ride on the sport model is extremely stiff. I had the same complaints from people who have purchased an Infiniti "sport" and on long drives, they complain about back pain and stiffness.

Rather than use the term "older drivers", I willl use the term "matured drivers!" HOW'S THAT!

2021 Genesis G90

actually, you didn't answer the one question I did ask.....what's the difference in the 2012 e350 instrument cluster on the sport vs the luxury?

BTW: Older or mature is equally bad.....why not just say that some folks (of all ages) prefer the softer ride of the luxury. My wife has always hated a stiff ride in any car...nothing at all to do with age.

And no need to yell with caps......you expressed your opinion, I expressed mine. That's what the internet is all about.
  • rocco88rocco88 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Friends,
    Is it okay to assume that the dealer will agree to sell a E350 P1/P2 Package- sports sedan, blue tec for 45500 in Southern California- OC.
    Any one got a similar deal or better?
    Thank you.
    Rocco88
    Considering that's a $58k car, if you have a dealer who will sell you the car for $45500, I would jump on it instantly .... and I would lease it for 24 months, because your monthly cost would be about $200 per month using multiple security deposits.
  • de0riginalde0riginal Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    I was wondering if you guys can give me some help. I got a internet quote from a dealer for a 2011 e350 with the following options

-premium 1
    -4matic
    -rear deck spoiler
    -split folding rear seats

MSRP $57,515
    quote $49,865

is this a good deal? This is without any incentives or USAA, and do you guys think its possible to make an offer and get it around $46k considering 2012 models are out now. I have not gone to the dealer yet and will soon make a trip there. Just wanted to be well prepared and save the most possible. I am also wondering if anyone got a 2012 model, how much are you paying? Thanks for any help!
    Thank you ghstudio for your feedback.
    sticker $55,755 on P1 package with 18inch wheels.
    some folks have paid 44, 500 for same at Laguna Nigel in OC.
    You think I can bargain for another 1000. How much does a tint cost.
    and service A cost? any ideas.
    I read your post regarding security deposits. You are brilliant!
    I am planning to buy all cash deal.
    any thoughts!!
    Rocco88
    This is good deal. Who should I talk with there in Laguna Niguel MB.
    I would like a similar deal.
    Rocco88
    See some of the deal posted by msg #740 in southern california.
    You may be able to get the deal for $45,500 BECAUSE OF THE 4 MATIC
    without 4 matic you might be able to get the deal reduced to $44,500
    Check out House of Imports in So Cal- you can take the quote to your dealer and he might be able to match it.
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2011
    My '09 BMW 535 wagon lease is about to end, and as a replacement, I have found a number of '11 E350 wagons on area dealer web sites. I plan to purchase rather than lease.

I am a USAA member, and the only other incentives I see on the Edmunds site are "loyalty" - would anyone know if there are currently any others i.e. conquest or manufacturer to dealer?

Thanks
    edited September 2011
    I am from Mass. Any luck?
    So you are getting a deal :E350 Sports sedan, 2011
    -premium 1
    -4matic
    -rear deck spoiler
    -split folding rear seats

MSRP $57,515
    quote $49,865
    Who is the dealer?
    You can go to 46,000 or 46,500 for the 4 Matic.
    I think if you push them a little more you can get this deal.
    Also, it may be possible that because of the 4 matic the dealer may come down to 48,000.
    Then you can give your final number and come half way. 47,000
    Let us know if you get the deal, this will help other buyers looking for 4 matic.
    Non 4 matic cars have been sold for $44,500. SO you have a chance.
    good luck!
    deoriginal
    Did you get your E 350 deal?
    I met a guy at starbucks who paid about $44750 for a 2011 E350 sports sedan at House of imports dealer in So cal. He got the P1 package, 18 in premium wheels, they threw a tint and first service free to fill out a survey.
    The car has a rear seats are foldable. Black on Black ash trim. They tried to sell him the maintainence, he rejected. and paid all cash!

This fellow's brother got a same car sports 350 P1, in Orange County with panoramic sun roof for $45,500

This guy mentioned to me the 2012 E class cars are supposed to be more cheaper. You can get the same deal with 2012 cars.. Nov-Dec is good time to buy.
    Does anyone in the forum have similar experience?
    Typically the dealers are comfortable to go upto 15% of MSRP. The art is to go beyond 15% and get a 18-20% discount of MSRP.
    a $56,567 ~ can be closed at $44,500 to $45,500
    Assuming a Sports sedan, P1, 18 inch wheels.

It seems from reading some post.. the 2012 sedan is getting cheaper and better.
    Those who have bought their cars recently, can you post your experience. Pl mention the dealer.
    The 2012 E350 is almost $1000 more than the 2011, car for car (same equipment, etc.). My new car is at the port awaiting delivery to my dealer right now. It's a 2012 E350 in silver with P2, tire and wheel package (AMG), rear spoiler, leather, heated/venitlated seats, multicontour dirviers seat with massage, and MSRP's for $62325.00. My 2011 with the same equipment MSRP'd at $61235.00.

So, as you can see, they sure aren't getting less expensive, but on the contrary, they are getting more expensive.

2021 Genesis G90

Sorry all, I recently found out that I am expecting a child so I did not take a trip to the dealer. As for the car search.....what will be a good family car? Currently looking into a MDX or a RX350. And again, I want to thank everyone for the valuable information I got from all of you!!
  • sp11sp11 Member Posts: 6
    I am also thinking of getting a 2012 E class 350 sedan only because it has better engines and fuel efficiency. I plan on configuring it similar to yours with P2 but without the other packages. You quote MSRP. But what did you get on the actual price vs MSRP ?

Thanks.
    I won't know until the car is delievered to the dealership. It is still at the port. I also don't know if there will be any incentives from Mercedes Benz Credit. Also, I don't know what the USAA discount will be. If the USAA discount is applicable, which should be about 2000.00, it would be invoice less 2000. But that is only for USAA.

I will let you know when I actually get the car and will tell you exactily what I paid for it.

2021 Genesis G90

• bevbranbevbran Member Posts: 40
    Can someone please explain the mechanics of the USAA incentive program? My dealer is guessing $2k for the 2012s. Abacomike mentions his will be invoice minus $2k but I suspect he's a more frequent purchaser than most, so maybe getting a sweetheart deal? Correct me if I've misunderstood, please.
    And...when the dealer honors the incentive, is USAA kicking back part of the money to them? I'd like to understand the mechanics of the program better. What about stacking incentives---would they stack USAA plus MBfinancial incentive (if they offer on the 2012s)? And, how about the MBCA $1000 certificate at deal's end? Thanks for everyone's insight.
    First of all, you need to be a member of USAA. To become a member, your first need to qualify. To qualify, either you or an immediate family member must be currently in the armed forces or retired from the armed forces. The individual who is the veteran or currently in the armed forces must apply for membership to USAA. Once he/she or you become a member, they require some purchase (like insurance on your car, or in my father's case, he took out a small policy on a ring (cost us $25.00 a year). You or the member will receive a membership card with ID number, etc.

To find out more particulars, contact USAA.com and they will explain everything.

Next, we went online (after we registered and I registered under my father's membersip as a so) and built the car we wanted. The incentive was $2000 "under dealer invoice". Usually all incentives are invoice less the incentive. We are expecting the 2012 sedan to be $2000 under dealer invoice + about $500 or so, which it currently is for the E350 coupe.

The dealership will go online for you using your ID number and passwords and codes and will print out a coupon for the incentive.

I hope this explains things a little better. Remember, if you do not qualify for USAA membership, then you cannot get the incentive.

2021 Genesis G90

That's VERY helpful. Thank you. Years ago my husband's (vet) stepdad got him a USAA membership, and associated credit card. I wonder if this is enough to qualify us for the incentive. He still has, and uses the USAA credit account. We'll do our homework on this. $2000 UNDER invoice is a great deal. What's your thought on how this works---does USAA kick back money to the dealer to make up the incentive amount? And...if you don't mind me asking another question--what response might one expect from trying to use an MBCA $1000 incentive on top of it?

I have an '09 coming off lease (Sport) in a few months and want to go back to the luxury sedan. Had a luxury '07 which we took European delivery on (very fun), and miss the burl wood and quieter interior. Wish I still had that one. :-) So, I'll be ordering a '12 shortly. Thanks again for your kind help.
    No problem! I believe so long as you have an active membership, it should be OK. Just give them a call. YOu can find their number on their website.

It is my understanding that Mercedes Benz provides the incentive for vets and their families. USAA, I believe, does not contribute to this very much. Most on back of Mercedes Benz.

2021 Genesis G90

Very encouraging! To the best of your knowledge, have these USAA incentives been available when ordering and not just limited to in stock purchases?
    Abacomike, sure appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience. So helpful.
    It is my understanding that these incentives are offered year round. This past summer, they were offering $4000 below invoice incentives on remaining 2011's. If you are going to order one, you would have to check when your car gets in.

I ordered one, and it is at the port right now. My dealer told me they are scheduled for release on October 11th, however most dealers are beginning to get them into their inventories. Personally, I would take what they have on hand or incoming from Germany unless you are in the same position as I am (car ordered 8 weeks ago and in transit to the dealership). I am sure they have something incoming identical to what you want or very, very close to it.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

I concur. Finding an existing car would be best! I'm not in the exact boat as you, but I'm on the hunt for a Luxury model, so expecting to find fewer to choose from. I assumed I'd have to order, but perhaps that assumption is off base and maybe I need to think more positively that I COULD find what I want from the 1 out of 5 that are manufactured in the Luxury config.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,555
    USAA also offers their own car buying service... likely through ZAG...

Not that that will necessarily get you a better deal...

Just google it... all the info is on the website..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, I'm aware of that. Is the USAA car buying service separate from the straight incentive programs? From some of the posts I was starting to think the car buying and incentive programs were one in the same. That's great if they're not....
    The answer is YES and NO! Firstly, if you qualify and utilize the USAA incentive, you would not be eligible for any other incentives (with the exception of a Mercedes Benz loyalty incentive, which they offer from time to time for those currently leasing/or have a loan with MB Financial.). But, as I said above, they are separate, but you cannot utilize a regular dealer incentive if you use the USAA discount - it's one or the other, and the USAA discount is much better because they actually set the price of the vehicle for you and the dealer, usually dealer cost, plus a small fee ($500 to $750, depending upon the time of year and the model), LESS the incentive, which I believe will be around $2000 when the E350 sedans finally are released from the ports of entry, where they all sit at this time.

Release date is supposed to be this weekend or Monday of next week.

Hope this was helpful to you.

2021 Genesis G90

Luxury models are, as you said, rarer then sport. Only 10% production is luxury. I believe the best time to find what you want would be immediately, as soon as they are released from the ports. That's because there is a huge inventory just sitting at the ports right now.

My dealer told me he expect them down from Jacksonville next week, or perhaps this weekend. He said he has over 100 sitting there awaiting release. So, those sitting at the ports of New Jersey/New York, Los Angeles, South Carolina, etc., would also be large in terms of arriving vehicles.

My dealer told me that, at the present time, in Jacksonville, there are four boat loads of cars awaiting distribution since September 21st.

2021 Genesis G90

edited October 2011
    Have percentages changed? Earlier reports were that Sport models would make up 80%, leaving 20% for Luxury fans like myself. From May "Autoblog" >with its M276 3.5-liter V6, it's expected to remain the lion of the line, with 80 percent of North American E-Class sales.

You mentioned you used the USAA incentive before---when you did, did you use the USAA "Buying service" (seems unlikely with your excellent dealer relationship) or is it just a straightforward print-off-the-certificate once they verify your membership sort of deal? When I mentioned the USAA incentive at my dealership the tone of the conversation turned a bit. I suppose they see the $$$ flying out the window.
    I went right to my dealership and they went online, using my info and ID number, pin, etc., and they printed the coupon right there are the dealership.

If you go to "benzonly.com", you will find out all about the new E350, 2012, production amounts for sport, etc.

good luck

2021 Genesis G90

Confirmed membership and number with USAA today--I think we're all set there....assuming they decide to have some incentives soon :-). Thanks for the info and for the direction to check out benzonly.com. Headed there now! Appreciate all the great info and discussion, Mike.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    I noticed the USAA incentive and figured I'd call since my 09 TL lease was due in November. Without even mentioning the USAA incentive the internet salesman quoted me a price even better than USAA's price. The Internet sales manager called back the following day.
    Ended up with an E350 sport w P1 premium, parktronic and folding rear seats. MSRP- $56.4

Paid (lease) $46.7

The internet sales manager at LB MB was great.
    The reason you got a better price was because of a "conquest" incentive the Mercedes Dealers have available. These are not availabe on 2012's (E350 sedans) is because they have not yet been released.

My dealer expects the incentive to be availabe on 2012's when they are released next week from the ports of entry. You must currently own a luxury vehicle, BUT NOT A MERCEDES!

2021 Genesis G90

That's great that the conquest incentive can be applied to the 2012 E350.
    What are the differences between the 2011 and 2012 models E350 Sports Sedan?
    Mike can recite chapter and verse, but generally speaking it's the fact the 2012's have Direct Injection. More power out of same sized engine...plus more fuel effecient.
    New direct injection gas engines (no change to diesel)

Improved transmission (lighter transmission fluid, ....)

New multicolor dashboard with comand 4.5 (already available on some late build 2011's. (some minor increased function plus sirius weather in the US)

LED license plate lighting (no idea what this really is)

Some changes in the packages
  • shyguycalifshyguycalif Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy a new E350. This will be my first mercedes.

I need your guidance on buying this car.
    Q1. How can I negotiate a good price? How much under invoice do delears generally sell it?
    Q2. Is it better to lease or buy the car? Is it better to get lease and then may be buy at end of term?
    Q3. What money factor should I try to get incase I go for a lease?
    Q4. I saw on craigslist ad. someone offerring lease on Brand New 2011 with P1 package for $469. When I called them they said they have this deal since they get volume discount from delearships. Is it something worth considering?

Any other tips to guide me will be appreciated.
    The first thing you have to do is decide if you want a 2011 or a 2012. See the post just above yours for the differences.

Q1: Dealers in California seem to be selling the 2011's for about $10K off MSRP...that includes "conquest" money for those that own higher end competitve cars now. No one knows about the 2012 deals yet.

Q2: Generally this isn't a good idea..the numbers just don't work...but sometimes it does work (when they are giving money to inspire a lease but won't give it to you on a purchase).

Q3: The mf is set by mercedes not the dealer, although some dealers seem to try to jack it up. It's usually posted in this forum...I believe the current mf is .00192 or close to that.

Q4: Can't really comment, but personally I'd rather deal with a real brick and mortar dealer.

If you want the very best deal on a mercedes e today....get a blueTec (diesel) and lease it for 24 months.
    I have some information from my dealer about incentives on 2012 E350 Sedans:

*There is a loyalty incentive from Mercedes Benz Credit for $1500 if you currently have a loan with MB Credit.
    *The USAA incentive (if you are a member of USAA with account numbers, etc.) is $2000 below invoice + $500, or a net of $1500 under invoice.

*The 2012's were released from their ports of entry to "carriers" (truckers who transport vehicles to the dealerships) today! That means they should be arriving at dealerships some time today or tomorrow, but definitely this week.

My new car was released to the transport company yesterday, which means it should be at the dealer today or tomorrow. The invoice on my car is $58026.00 (MSRP is $62350). Since I qualify for USAA as well as the MB Credit incentive, my final price will be $3000 under invoice.

As for leasing, I do not know since I purchase my cars and use a $10,000 loan to qualify for the MB Credit incentive (minimum loan is 10K). As for the APR, I believe it will be 2.9%, give or take .5%.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    I have been a member of the Mercedes club(MBCA) for many years. If you are now a member for a minimum of 1 yr you can print a Certificate on line for $1,000 discount from your selling dealer. Just bought a 2011 E350 Sport with USAA program PLUS $1,000 MBCA discount.
    Have bought 3 new MB's in the last 3 years and have saved $4,000 total on my purchases from MBCA.
    You did very well, Mike! Congrats on your new car. Anxious to hear your impressions of the new direct injection. Enjoy!
    The car still has not been received by the dealership, still in transit. They told me it would probably be in today or tomorrow. The way they explained it to me was that there were many, many shiploads of new 2012's waiting at the port to be released by Mercedes Benz to the dealerships. Depending upon where the car was, physically, determines how fast it gets out. I am anxious as well to try out the new engine, and from what my brother tells me about it (he has a 2012 coupe), he is getting 32 mpg on the highway, and 22 around town. So, since the sedan is a little heavier vehicle, I expect a little less, obviously.

Will let you know as soon as I take delivery, and thanks for the well-wishes.

2021 Genesis G90

You're NOT getting 4Matic, correct?