Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• vincent50vincent50 Member Posts: 20
    Try getting GAP insurance through your own car insurance. It may cost less money.
  • lawcarlawcar Member Posts: 97
    Thanks for the suggestion. My insurance company charges only $100 but pays only 25% of the gap between what the regular insurance would pay and the loan balance. I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the gap coverage through Mercedes.
    MB of Encino. Look up the Internet manager. We can't post names or phone numbers. They didn't volunteer everything up front but honored his commitment when I asked about certain things and negotiated the final price.
  • sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    Hi Tranav,
    Can you please mention the name of the dealership in Southern CA. Thanks
  • 2008r3502008r350 Member Posts: 9
    Me too. Love to hear the stories. I can get the loyalty incentive (have R350 and C300 in my garage). No USAA. Had a MBFin acct but paid off. Where do we see these huge incentives for 2012 E350. I am in San Deigo. Details pease.
  • tranavtranav Member Posts: 32
    Hi,
    Go to MB in Torrance, CA, ask for a gal with initials of R.F. since I cannot tel her name in here. She's been helping me with basics MB 2012 E350 with MSRP of $55,265 and off course $9K discount. Hopefully you buy from her because she and her colleague are really nice and easy going. Good luck
    Don't go to Fletcher Jones since they gave me only $7K discount and they're really A.H.
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    hi Mike!

I have a question for you. I live in South Florida and the dealer is adding sale tax to the "negotiated selling price" for about $3700 (7%)... and then there is tax again on the base monthly payment. is that correct? are we supposed to pay tax twice?
    I thought the big tax is paid on "purchases" and use tax on leases against the base monthly payment.

Thanks!
  • sjman2sjman2 Member Posts: 3
    thanks. I appreciate it.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    I'm in SD as well, and after consorting with all 3 local dealers and some in OC, we went with MB of long beach. They are transparent and offer the best overall deal by far. Ask for salesperson G.O.

Cheers!
    Hi, What incentives, rebates, etc. did you get for the $9K discount?
    Thanks,
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    If you are leasing, you pay tax only on your monthly payments. You would also pay 7% on any cap reduction you put down out of pocket. You do not pay tax on the total price up front unless you are buying the car.

2021 Genesis G90

After re-reading your Post, since you are leasing, and that dealer is charging you tax on the agreed capital cost of the car, it sounds like you needed to go to another dealer. This one is trying to rip you off.

In Florida, you only pay sales tax (7% in Dade county) on the selling price if you purchase it. If leasing, only on monthly payment + whatever cap cost reduction you put out of pocket at time of you sign contract.

There are many dealers out there who will not rip you off. I use Mercedes of Delray. Always get the best pricing and service there.

If you live in Dade County, I do not know snyone personally down there. Sorry.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited December 2011
    In Florida, you pay no sales tax until you make a payment...you do not have to prepay tax on the total lease in advance, you do not pay tax on security deposits, etc. Each payment as well as any down payment (even though you should NOT make a down payment) is taxed when billed/paid. If you put money down up front using a trade in with your dealer, that down payment is also NOT taxed.

If what you say is true....I suggest that you never return to that dealer for anything. Find another dealer or buy a different car from a different dealer.
  • mango39mango39 Member Posts: 10
    Hi: I live in Texas and MSRP of the car is around $57.5K and they are asking $50K is it good deal for the year end?
    edited December 2011
    When you lease a car in the state of Florida, you pay sales tax along with each monthly payment, or, in his case 7% of the monthly payment. Additionally you will pay the applicable sales tax on any part of your out of pocket put down at the inception of the lease that reduces the cost of the lease which is calledCap Cost Reduction.

You are right on target when you suggested that he not return to that dealership. It's illegal to charge sales tax on the agreed-upon lease price, since the dealer will obviously not be turning that tax collection to the state of Florida. That is fraud.

2021 Genesis G90

Hi there,
    Since it is too much of a discount I don't care much what kind of incentives, rebates that they've been applied in order to get me that deal. I'm very sure that with $9K off the MSRP which I've never heard for brand new and just released car (new 2011 MB E350 are still in the inventories of several MB dealers in SoCal and you can get more than $10K discount on those) are way under the invoice price. So they sure did apply all the incentives, rebates that they can get during this winter event. Good luck

Cheers,
    I believe your post indicated up to 9000 Off MSRP. That is surely a milestone for Mercedes. I wonder why Mercedes and its dealers are selling these outstanding vehicles for such phenomenal prices! As most of you know I got my E350 sedan at almost 8000 off MSRP way back in the middle of October. That, of course was with loyalty incentives and USAA pricing and an incentive of 3 years of maintenance. I don't know of any other luxury manufacturers in this class offering these kinds of incentives and pricing. Additionally , there is no surplus of inventories.

I cannot account for these prices (mainly due to incentives and finance rates) on a vehicle that most certainly did not need incentives to increase demand. From what I can extrapolate, these are the incentives available:

1.9 % (as low as .9%) financing up to 66 months
    2000 owner loyalty cash
    2000 MB Financial Loyalty
    2000-4000 Conquest incentive
    30 month lease specials and up to 8 payment credits for current lessees

A truly marvelous time to get into Mercedes Benz's top selling class of vehicles. If I didn't already own one, I would run to my dealership and "steal one" tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow!

Happy New Year to all.

2021 Genesis G90

After researching the E350 through this forum and the very nice people who contribute to it (especially Mike, who always takes the time to answer our questions that he must hear or read about a thousand times), I bought my E350 today with sport package, P1 package, lane assist/blind spot and the AMG 18" wheels. I bought the gap coverage because I am financing it, and also the wheel and tire protection plan. Thanks to all and have a great New Year!
    edited December 2011
    That is terrific! I just know you are going to really love thIs car. After owning a 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and now a 2012, I can tell you with no reservation that this 2012 is the very best E350 sedan they have ever built. This is the very first car in 10 years that I am going to keep for at least 3 years, and that is something coming from someone who has had a new car every year for many , many years.

I also know you probably got a marvelous deal because you had the patience to wait until the very last minute so your dealer had to give up much more than he/she would have given up last week.

Much good health and happiness with your new car as well as for a Great New Year.

Mike

2021 Genesis G90

• mbzgalmbzgal Member Posts: 8
    we ended up getting one with P2, lane tracking package, & spoiler. we could have lived without the spoiler, but it was already configured that way. we're happy we went with the P2 instead of P1. love the keyless go and the xenon lights with the trunk closer and the lane tracking pkg!!! :)
    That is fantastic! I never used to get the p2 Package, but this tIme I decided to
    try it. You are correct about the trunk closer - I thought it would be a waste of money. Of all the extras in the package, I use that feature the most. We go shopping several times a week so when you are finished unloading the trunk, all you need to do is press one of two buttons - the one that just closes the trunk or the one that closes and then locks the car and sets the alarm. Great feature to have.

Another is night driving - with the brighter xenon lights. Enjoy your new car!

2021 Genesis G90

• dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    The local mercedes dealer has given me a quote of 7500 off MSRP. Do you think that is a good deal?
    Also, how much was the wheel/tire insurance package?
    Finally, are interest rates at 0.9 or 1.9%? As you can tell, I do not trust the local dealer very much.
    I really appreciate your help. I am planning to buy this week.
    Tire and wheel Package is about 1500 for 4 years. Just check to see what the limits are - how many tires and /or wheels will they replace over the 3 or 4 years.

APR is advertised as 1.9%, but you can negotiate that rate because their "buy" rate is .9%.

2021 Genesis G90

As for the deal, 7500 below MSRP is an excellent price on a new E350 sedan. They are probably including all available incentives to get to that price. I suggest you take that deal quickly since incentives end very shortly - the advertise 12/31/2011, but they usually hold them over until the 2nd or 3rd of January.

Enjoy your new E350 - a truly great automobile.

2021 Genesis G90

As Mike says, that's an excellent deal. The "First Class Wheel & Tire Protection Plus" is $1,595 for 3 years, $1,795 for 4 years and $1,995 for 5 years, but is negotiable. My understanding is that there is no limit of amount of claims in the "Plus" protection package. You should also look into GAP coverage, which covers the situation if the value of the car is less than the loan amount; your insurance company paying for loss to the vehicle pays only actual cash value, which may be less than the loan amount or lease amount. MB charges $795 for this, but it is negotiable and you can check with your own auto insurance the cost of it.
    Advertised rate is 1.9% but may be negotiable depending on the price the dealer sells you the car for, and your credit. If you have credit score of above 760, you can qualify for lower rate, but dealer may not give it to you if you are getting a great deal on the price. One dealer who gave me a very good price on the vehicle would not give me a better rate than the 1.9%. Another dealer did.
    Thanks, Mike. I decided to get the Wheel and Tire Protection Plus for the 5 year term of my loan (which I was able to get at the 0.9% with good credit). The finance guy gave me a discount on the GAP ($795 sticker) and W&T ($1,995 sticker), and I figured the extra $30/month for both of them was worth the peace of mind. If you come out to Los Angeles, I owe you a lunch.
    Aren't you amazed at these prices for the E350 sedan? I was at my dealership yesterday for a hand car wash (I get a complimentary carewash at least on e a week which is done by hand, not machine) and during lunch we discussed this with several other sales managers. $7000 under MSRP is a deal they would take at the end of the year for statistical reasons and because there are a myriad of cash incentives available from the manufacturer. They all agreed that pricing of these cars is at a level they have never experienced for a model that was just introduced. They've seen it when there is a model body change like when the 2010 was introduced and they had a 6000 incentive on the 2009's. But never like this so soon after a major model upgrade like the new engine and new transmission.

They all said that they have about 13 E350 sedans on the ground, which is about 10 less than what they normally have on hand. All agreed that they wish they had 40 or 50 on hand because of the tremendous demand.

It would seem prudent that if someone was in the market for a new luxury car, and they touched base with this particular forum, they should run, not walk, to their nearest Mercedes dealership and get one of these marvelous vehicles before these incentives disappear!

Happy New Year to all, and Davd, enjoy tour new car,

2021 Genesis G90

• dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for the great advise. I am planning on going through with the deal. I don't think they will give me the 0.9% APR because my credit score is only 710 and I think they gave me a great deal on my trade. They have to make money somewhere.
    They are also splitting the cost of the wheel and tire protection package if I decide to take it.
    The car is on a truck from the port and should be here this week.
    I test drove the BMW 535 and Audi A6...The E350 seemed to be a better car for me. It's my first mercedes and I'm really looking forward to getting it. Thanks again for you help.
    edited January 2012
    I have owned and/or driven those vehicles and found the Mercedes to be more luxurious and much "warmer" in terms of its choices of interiors. This is the first Mercedes one I have had with leather interior. Quite frankly, I liked the mbtex to be just as nice and more resilient. I got the ventilated seats which required the leather. I live in south Florida where ventilated seats are a "must!"

The BMW is manufactured for those desiring a sport look, feel and an interior that is generically "sporty" and uninspired. The same is true of the Audi.

At the other end of the spectrum is the E350! Sporty, but much more luxurious inside and out. Untill this year, the 535i had more power and better fuel economy. But now the E class sedans have 302 horsepower and I am averaging 32 mpg on the highway at a sustained speed of 65 mph. Now, you have a luxury sedan with everything you need to truly enjoy driving.

Enjoy your new car.

2021 Genesis G90

• mbzgalmbzgal Member Posts: 8
    Thanks abacomike! Yes, that is true! We have an older e350 that opens the trunk but doesn't close it. You don't think it would be a big deal until you go grocery shopping and wish the trunk would close with a button--now our new e350 does!!! Not sure how we lived without the xenon lights before though...don't think we'll be able to go back to non-xenon lights again. would strongly recommend the p2 pkg. :)
    I don't know if I would strongly recommend the P2 package for everyone. The cost, in my opinion is not something I believe is a value.

All you get are the xenon lights, cornering lights, adaptive front lights (curve illumination) adaptive high beam assist, keyless-go, auto trunk closer, and headlamp washers. All of the above + P1 package items for about $2500. If you don't drive much at night, then the P2 package is not for you. If you think about it, that's really the big gain. The rest most people can live without. It raises the cost of the vehicle which may not be necessary for most drivers. Most E350 sedans are ordered with the P1 package.

2021 Genesis G90

• arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    hi mike!
    Can you let me know what is a fair lease cost for a e350 with msrp of 55405 and selling price of 48500? I'm interested in a 30 months term.
    Thanks!
    It would seem that you have already negotiated a lease capitalized cost. Depending upon your credit (assuming you have a 720+ beacon score as determined by one of the three credit reporting agencies), you should be able to get the best available money factor offered by Mercedes Benz Financial. I apologize, but I do not know the current preferred rate available. I am sure one of the forum regulars is more familiar with lease rates than I.

Just be aware that there is usually a lease origination fee charged by all leasing companies which is in the range of $795.00. This fee is set by the lessor. Once you know the money factor (interest rate for a lease) you will be able to determine the lease cost.

Again, my apologies, however I do not keep up with leases because I buy my cars.

Good luck. There should be new lease rates out on January 4th.

2021 Genesis G90

I was at my dealer today for a car wash and found out about January incentives:

$2000 MB Financial incentive for current clients who have an active lease or loan with MB Financial
    1.9% financing available for qualified applicants for 24 or 36 months. Buy rate for dealer is .9%, or the same as last month.

Those were the only incentives available at this point. They have been known to add and/or adjust incentives, however these are the only ones received today. If anyone is aware of any others, please let us know.

Assuming these are the only ones, that is a significant departure from previous years. They usually extend incentives through the 10th of January, but I guess not this year. I do know that the December incentives were very successful in terms of E350 sedan sales. I sincerely hope they add some incentives so that more people have the opportunity to drive a truly magnificent automobile.

To those who benefitted from those great deals, enjoy!

2021 Genesis G90

edited January 2012
    Interesting about the incentives. Glad I was able to get the BMW conquest incentive to save a few more bucks at the end of the year. I picked up my car and love it, as does my wife. It's a great ride, gorgeous, and impressive. Thanks again for all of your advice during my quest. It really helped to be able to know about the differences in the E350 before I went to see and test drive them (sport vs. luxury, P1 and P2 packages, wheel choices, etc.). I was able to get an extremely fair price with the information I obtained from this forum. Best regards, David
    Yes, David. If I was not so confident about the E350 sedan, I certainly would not spend so much time with this correspondence on this forum. As you know, I've owned many Mercedes Benz automobiles along with BMW's, Lexus, Audi and Infiniti. Even though all of these vehicles are excellent (well built, luxurious, sporty and handle beautifully), the 2012 Mercedes Benz E350 sedan is the very best of all for the reasons you, and many others are experiencing as a result of driving this outstanding automobile.

I knew you would not have been as comfortable or as happy with the luxury model after coming out of a BMW. You are accustomed to a stiffer suspension with acute handling aspects which the luxury version does not provide. You just have to train yourself (and your spouse) to take extra special care when parking the car nose-first so as not to scrape the underside of the front bumper. Additionally, you must take care to avoid streets and routes where there are a lot of potholes. If you can't avoid them, then drive around them or go through them at a snail's pace. I have not had problems, but I've read many complaints in this and other forums about the AMG sport wheels, especially from New York City, Chicago and other large cities as well as from rural drivers. But you have the tire and wheel insurance which was very prudent of you!

Enjoy and keep us all informed and up-to-date on your experiences and again my sincerest wishes to you and your wife for a healthy, happy and healthy New Year.

2021 Genesis G90

• isaacaisaaca Member Posts: 3
    I am new to MB world but I have always been impressed with the E-Class. This 2012 I have decided to buy E350 Sedan. I have not bought a MB before and therefore I have no experience. I am not sure if I want to buy Luxury or Sport, 4Matic or not, package 1 or package 2, what color (exterior or interior-should I get Metallic paint?), what important options to have. Would you mind telling me what E350 you bought as far as the questions above. It will help me a lot knowing what you, as an expert on MB, selected. Thank you so much!
    I appreciate your confidence in me, however "expert" may be a bit overstated.

There are many questions that need to be answered before I can recommend a vehicle that would best meet your needs.

*Do you prefer a coupe or a 4 door sedan? The coupe is built on a "C Class" chassis and is shorter and narrower than the sedan. The sedan is a bit heavier, for this reason. The sedan has a much larger trunk and seats 5 comfortably while the coupe seats 4. Both vehicles have the same 302 up engine and transmission, which are both new for 2012. So, you first need to go to a dealer and look both over and drive both before doing anything else.

*Next, you need to determine which model best suits you - sport or luxury. They both are the same price because the sport is a no-cost option. The sport has a different front grille and different ground effects along the side and front. The sport is a little lower to the ground and some people do not like this as they tend to scrape the underside or the front end when parking nose first as opposed to parallel parking. The sport has a different suspension which is stiffer than the luxury version and is designed to corner and handle better/differently than the luxury. The wheels on the sport are 18" and the rear tires are a little wider than the front tires which means you cannot rotate the tires. The luxury model has 17" wheels and tires and can be rotated. The luxury model rides softer and smoother. It all depends upon what you are used to and/or what you prefer in your driving. The dimensions on both are identical, sport or luxury. 90% of the cars built are sport versions and both the coupe and sedan are built in Germany. Most of the SUV's are built here in the U.S.

*As for equipment and options and which are best for you, it all depends on your preferences. If you want metallic paint, that costs about $760 over non-metallic. Leather interior is a $1670 option. There is little difference, if any, in the appearance and "feel" between the vinyl (called MB Tex) and the leather. The only reason I for leather on my new 2012 sedan is because it was a required option in order for me to get the ventilated seats which adds a fan under both front seats in order to blow cooled or heated air to you bottom and back. Otherwise, I would have gotten the MB Tex, which I was very happy with in most of the E350's I have owned.

Next, you need to decide if xenon headlights, both upper and lower, is what you prefer along with cornering lamps and adaptive headlights. If they are not important to you, I recommend the P1 package. That package gives you a Harman Karmin 610 watt 14 speaker audio system with High Definition radio, 6 disc CD player in-dash, Sirius satellite radio with traffic and weather capabilities; a superb navigation system; a rear electronically operated sun-screen; blue tooth telephone capabilities; voice controlled telephone, audio and navigation; heated front seats; Mercedes Benz Mbrace (which is very similar to OnStar); and a rear view camera to assist you when backing up. The P2 package is the same as the P1 package, but adds the the upgraded lighting as I described above along with Keyless-Go (as long as the key is in your pocket, you can open/lock the car, start the engine), and an automatic trunk closer which can lock the car and set the alarm with the push of a button. P1 option is about $4000 and the P2 is about $6500.

I also have the heated and cooled ventilated seats (requires leather option) and the multi contoured driver's seat along with a rear spoiler.

The best, and perhaps only way to properly select the car and options that are best for you is to research the car here on Edmunds, then go drive them. The salesperson will go through the car and demonstrate the various standard features and options for you. When you've made up your mine which vehicle and options you want, come back to this forum and we'll all help you get the best pricing/deal.

Good luck to you!

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you, Mike. Your answer was very generous, informative, & helpful. I felt more confident after reading your reply and made some decisions.

I have decided towards the Luxury Sedan but not sure yet if I will opt for 4matic. I live in Michigan and sometimes we get a lot of snow here during winter. The one thing that I found out about the 4matic in the forum is that it is a little slower than rear-end drive in acceleration but it does give you good grip on the road during bad weather. Do you have 4matic?

I might just go with the P1 package although I do like upgraded lighting and the convenience of Keyless-Go. At this point, I’m not sure.

Just curious, do you know what color (interior-exterior combo) was popular among 2012 E350 buyers? What combo did you choose? Also, did you order your car or you bought it from the lot? If you ordered, how long did it take?

I will continue to research the car in the forum as you suggested. I enjoy reading the posted messages as they are very helpful. Thank so much for your advice.
    You are quite welcome! I live in southeast Florida where all-wheel drive is not necessary, so I have rear wheel drive. If you experience lots of snow and ice, which I suspect you do in Michigan, I would recommend the 4-matic. That is what I would get in your situation.

I ordered my car (the first Mercedes I've ever ordered) because I expect to keep this one for at least three years, so I wanted to get the car exactly the way I wanted it - which dealers don't usually stock. It was ordered on August 12th, built on September 3rd, and delivered to me on October 17th. From what I understand, it takes 6 to 8 weeks from the time the car is built to the time it is delivered.

As for colors, the most popular are Black, Iridium Silver, Palladium Silver (light gray), White and Steel Gray (dark gray). As for interior colors, you can get light gray, beige and black (ash, almond and black, respectively). Depending upon your exterior color, you have a choice depending on whether you get a sport or luxury. Since you prefer luxury, there are specific combinations available.

It appears you are going for the P1 package. I only recommend the P2 package to people who drive a lot at night - that's where the I-xenon lights come in handy.

I have Iridium Silver with black leather interior and walnut wood trim. I have had black (hated it because it showed every water spot and every little scratch) and Palladium Silver with gray interior (nice combination), but living here in a very warm climate makes the black interior preferable because it doesn't show soiling like beige and light gray do. Besides, I got the ventilated seats which cools the seats very quickly.

When you purchase a vehicle out of dealer inventory, you will usually get a better deal because the dealer makes an immediate sale, reduces his inventory, and does not have to order a car or dealer- trade for a car which costs the dealer more since he will have pay for transporting the car to his site as well as transporting the trade back to the other dealer.

I do not know what the availability of luxury 4-matics is like in your area, but you should be aware that most E350 sedans are built in the sport version, even 4-matics. Thus, you may have to be a little flexible.

I hope this has helped you out as you begin your search. Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you so very much, Mike! I appreciate all your help! I'll keep in touch.
    No problem. Always willing to help.

2021 Genesis G90

His comments really hit all of the bases. You definitely have to go and see cars in person and try them to see what you like. I came from a BMW and got the sport package. My wife drives a Lexus and she likes the luxury package (it's my car, though, so she said to get what I want). Colors are also very personal, both as to exterior and interior: some like lighter colors and some like darker colors. Again, you should see them in the metal. Good luck.
    Well, Dave, you've has the new car for a few days now, what do you have to report to us so far? How is the new engine performing for you? How is the fuel economy? How does this car compare to your BMW? What does your wife have to say about the car? I know we would all be interested in your initial assessment of your 2012 E350 sedan.

2021 Genesis G90

• bevbranbevbran Member Posts: 40
    Been a busy week and just getting around to posting about my new E350 4Matic-Luxury (ordered in Nov.) I picked up Tuesday night. Steel Grey, black MB-tex interior, P2. I added the burl wood steering wheel. It's an AMAZING car! Wow. My previous car was an '09 Sport....before that an '07 Luxury that I took European delivery on. This 2012 is head and shoulders above both. After owning Luxury, then Sport, I decided I preferred the Luxury so I'm happy to be back to that ride. Totally personal preference. I work on a road loaded with potholes and it's nice to not have to worry about wheel damage on a daily basis now that I no longer have the low profile tires. Front of the Luxury may be a bit taller than Sport but still low enough to scrape on the curb! The headlights on the P2 are top notch. I'm retraining myself for the gear shift on the column (more like a toggle shifter) but love having the space for a full console again. Voice recognition actually WORKS....and so many features and extras I have yet to explore. I'll post later about MPG...too many minutes sitting at idle learning the car to have an accurate figure just yet, but I'll share soon. In '09 the 4Matic only came with a 5 speed, this car has 7 speed and it's astoundingly smooth. Super zippy off he line, too. Lots of torque without even trying.
    I've only got about 50 miles on the car, can't wait to drive it this weekend! More later.
  • mbenz805mbenz805 Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure if Mike was able to get you the numbers (didn't seem like it), but if you had a good credit score, my sales manager said that we'd be willing to work with a lease like that in the low-mid $500's.

It's a good number to start working off of to see what others can do for you.
    Bev, I am not surprised at all about your initial impressions of the 2012 E350 sedan.

Since this forum is about pricing and buying experiences, I was wondering if your dealership took sufficient time to fully explain all the features and options of the car when you took delivery? Since this Mercedes is a vastly different car when compared to the 2009 (I had a 2009 sport also), the learning curve is quite extensive - from the speed of the reaction of the car to "voice command", the smoother transmission response, engine responsiveness, electronic hear selector stalk connected to the steering wheel, bi-xenon headlights with cornering illumination and the adaptive high beam assist, and the automatic trunk closer closer with "close or close and lock/alarm feature", to the totally different handling and ride.

When I took delivery, they had a specialist go over the major drive and audio features with me in the car while the car was parked in their new indoor car delivery center (which took about an hour). Then, they made an appointment fore to return 2 days later for an additional 2 hour instructional session, indoors again in the car to go over computer functions such as NAV, satellite radio option including traffic and weather read-outs and options, blue tooth and address book download directly from my I-Phone and hands-free calling and call-receiving functions, as well as a 20 minute demonstration of the various audio functions and options including HD station selection and operation, Logic 7 surround sound functions on radio-CD-satellite, etc. Then, the specialist gave me a 5 minute oral quiz to make sure I had assimilated the learning experience into positive action. Just learning how the adaptive high beam assist worked was a unique experience.

Quite frankly, my biggest beef with automobile dealerships has always neen how poorly they handled the customer once the paperwork was completed and the manor in which they deliver new cars to their clients. This experience was, without doubt, the very best in all the years I have been buying new cars. They even served a brief brunch (bagel, cream cheese, coffee/soft drink and donut) after the tutorial session. They do this for all new car deliveries from 8:30 AM through 8:30 PM. From what I understand, most people do not take advantage of this service due to their time constraints, but most return for a a refresher. It's a great way to ensure outstanding CSI (customer satisfaction index) as a result of Mercedes's customer satisfaction surveys. I believe more and more dealerships are using this format to ensure that their customers fully understand the proper operation and capabilities of these new hi-tech computerized systems in the newer cars.

I would be interested in knowing if other forum readers experienced similar deliveries. Sure does promote dealer loyalty and repeat business.

Enjoy the new car, Bev. From your previous posts, sounds like you felt like a young kid on her first visit to a candy store!

2021 Genesis G90

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Who was your dealer? I'm sure they'd appreciate the plug. Thanks.