Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    If that is the case (4 month pull-ahead for January), then that is not too bad considering your situation. Last month would have been better for you, though. But take advantage of this pull-ahead program as soon as you can prior to the end of the month. This weekend would be a perfect time to get a great deal, and Monday or Tuesday even better. But you need to locate a car in the color that you want.

Remember, there is a $2000 incentive for this month also, which can be used for cap cost reduction (and pick up at least some more of your remaining payments). $699 a month, plus tax, plus whatever remaining payments you have is not bad for a $62000+ vehicle.

I know you are aware that you are between a rock and a hard place with mileage costing you a fortune now (probably 25 cents a mile, if not more). So you really need to get out of your car ASAP.

As long as you are a little flexible with color and interior, you should be able to get something. Down here in Floida, we have lots of convertibles on the lots, but up north, where you are, convertible inventory is probably going to be a little slim, to be sure.

Whatever you decide, let us know how you make out! Good Luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Am in N Carolina. Anybody have recommendations for Best price? Don't mind traveling a bit if the deal is worth while. I imagine that there will be new incentives after Feb 1. Have 2011 E350 Sport with only 5,000 mi. on it. Have read about all the good buying prices but what about the "trade in " prices? Do not have any financing w/MB. Am a USAA member. Their site shows dealer cost LESS $3000 or about $6000 off MSRP. Am also an MBCA member which qualifies me for an additional $1000.

Appreciate any info on deals after Feb 1. I am patient an have the time to shop. What is the feeling on Distronic? As I am 81 this will probably be my last MB so I am thinking of saftey matters. Have owned 26 MB's beginning w/280SL in 1971.

Under the circumstances am considering factory ordering to get EXACTLY what I want. Comments appreciated. Thanks
    If you can get $4000 under invoice, jump at it! Ordering from factory will take 6 - 8 weeks and, by that time, USAA can change, which is what happened to me. Pricing went from $3000 below to $2000. Also, remember that you cannot bundle any other incentives with USAA pricing. Only MB Financial incentive can be used with USAA, which I was able to get.

So, what more are you expecting to get? USAA and Mercedes pre-establish the selling price, which is a great price and you state you can get another $1000 off. If I was in your shoes, I run, not walk to nearest dealership. Also, there is a 1.9% rate for 36 months on a loan with MB Financial. Once you get a loan or lease with them, there is always an additional incentive available on your next Benz.

GOOD LUCK!

2021 Genesis G90

I traded my 2011 sport with 5000 miles on it in October and got $44500 in real dollars for it. I would expect $40000 to $42000 for your car at this point if it is extra clean.

You can check this out on Edmunds or kbb.com

2021 Genesis G90

• wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    Not exactly sure how to reply to you directly but I just bought a new Merc from MB of S. Charlotte from Nance. I checked literally all over the country and got the best price from her. I'm over in Raleigh. If all you care about is price S. Charlotte is the place to go. I have no personal interest in promoting the place.
    Since this gentleman, who is in his 80's, cannot get a lower price because a dealer cannot reduce the price any more (remember, the price cannot be negotiated), what kind of better deal can be get? Remember, he cannot combine any incentives with the USAA pricing (except for the MB Financial incentive which he does not qualify for).

I'd send him to my dealer too, but they would have to give him the same deal he would get from his local dealer. I agree with you that, as things stand, what advice can we offer?

The only flexibility he has is in his trade. His job is to find a dealership who will give him the most for his 2011 E350 sport.

2021 Genesis G90

• malbert2malbert2 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone aggressively priced the 350 cabrio in NY or nj? Any thoughts on what the best I can do might be on a 65k msrp with nothing down and taxes rolled into the lease?
  • lawcarlawcar Member Posts: 97
    and I'm very happy with my E350. It rides great, looks great and I've learned almost all of the gizmos and gadgets that I need.
    Glad to hear it! Knew you would! Hope your great ownership experiences continue to provide many years of enjoyment and satisfaction. I sure am enjoying mine!

2021 Genesis G90

• damandamifdamandamif Member Posts: 15
    I love my new E350 Sport 4matic. The cuprite brown has turned lots of heads. It rides like a dream but has the power to get the job done when necessary. Now its time for my toy the new boxster 2013. The contrast will allow me to appreciate my E 350 even more. Plus the local Benz dealer gives me free car washes whenever I need them. :):)
    Funny you should mention that. I had a Boxster as a loaner a few years ago, and loved the car. The convertible was great, and I drove around with top down all the time in January in Los Angeles. My wife hated the car; it was too low and hard to get into, and rode rough. When I was recently looking for a new car, my wife suggested I get the Boxster since I liked it so much (she really meant it, and just said that we would ride in her Lexus RX330 when we went out together). However, while I loved the Boxster, I don't think it would be practical as a daily car, and can't get one right now as a weekend car. Maybe in the future though.
    That's one of the best perks of owning a new Mercedes Benz- those complimentary car washes. I get one every week and enjoy the complimentary bagels and cream cheese, donuts and their great assortments of gourmet coffees. They sure know how to treat their customers. Got a carwash this morning after voting in the primary. Boy, you should have seen the voter turnout at the polls!

2021 Genesis G90

As a member of MBCA I can get their certificate for $1000 AND combine it with USAA. I did this on my last new car purchase. Last Aug USAA had $4000 and MBCA had $1000. These CAN BE COMBINED. If any of you are not a member of MBCA you are leaving $1000 behind every time you buy..In the last 3-4 years I have received a total of $4500 from them.

Thanks for the info on dealers. You are absolutely right that the only other advantage is getting the most $ for your trade in.

If anyone needs more info on MBCA (mercedes benz club of america) let me know.
    Interesting that you mentioned MBCA. I just joined recently mainly so I could get that $1000 certificate to use on my next car. You must be a paid up member, who is active for at least one full year at the time of the printing of the certificate. I wasn't sure about the ability to bundle this with USAA and the MB Financial incentive, but you said you have used it in conjunction with USAA . Definitely worth the 3 year membership dues of $139.

2021 Genesis G90

• 1benzclubfan1benzclubfan Member Posts: 1
    Greasy and Mike,

Glad to hear you're members of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (full disclosure, I work here). $1,000 discount off a new Benz is AWESOME! Check our site for other discounts at four-star hotels, on collector car insurance, Craftsmen Tools and more, all FREE with your membership. You'll save a bundle!

Lisa J.
    Just read that Mbrace is being significantly upgraded on the 2012 and 2013 vehicles (S class sedans and E class). For more info, go to MBUSA.com and click on Mbrace once you've signed in. If you have not yet registered for owners online, it's easy. All you need is your VIN and complete the registration. There are many benefits, none of which cost money.

Rather than list the major upgrades here, just read about it there. Obviously, these upgrades will not be available to those of us who already bought our cars.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited February 2012
    The site says that mbrace 2 will be a standard feature...does that mean the hardware is standard and for it to work, you have to subscribe as you do today...i have mbrace as standard in my car but I don't subscribe. There are some interesting new features, if it is actually standard...and how does it connect to the internet and at what cost.

Note: comand 4.5 already has internet connectivity built in, but it's turned off by Mercedes. It is designed to connect using bluetooth tethering using your phone. Will the new mbrace provide it's own connectivity? at what price? Lots of questions. For now, it's phantomware marketing.
    ghstuid, I don't know if I would use "...it's phantomware marketing..." to describe what they are trying to do. I know you are negative about Mbrace, and I agree with some of your comments - especially the cost - it is not a small investment for a product and service like that - however they are no more expensive than most of the other in-vehicle services offered by other manufacturers.

Too bad I have a new iphone, as I sure would like to be able to use the internet through bluetooth on my car's screen when I am not driving, of course.

Just thought I would bring this to the attention of forum watchers - sounded like a nice improvement.

As for phantomware advertising, your prejudices are showing! Keep up the great sharing info - I sure learn alot from your experiences and opinions.

2021 Genesis G90

Spoke w/MB dealer (not my local) yesterday who told me that the have been told that the 2013 E Class would be released this coming July. Anyone else have any news?
    If you go to Benzonly.com you will find out more info on any upcoming changes. They are usually the first ones to post upcoming changes. I'll let you know if I find out anything!

2021 Genesis G90

I am not sure how to view mbrace 2 because it's really not well defined...it's marketing speak. mbrace is standard on my 2011 e...but without a subscription, it does nothing (even in an emergency). The Mbrace 2 doesn't mention any subscription, so maybe there isn't one and I would applaud that. It also doesn't speak to how you get internet connectivity. Today you can get internet connectivity without mbrace....will you only be able to get it thru mbrace 2? If there is a subscription fee, how high will it be....for example the "hotspot" feature offered by Mercedes is roughly $500 but you can buy the exact same functionality from Verizon for under $100. We don't know. I guess that's why I call it phantom-ware just too many unknowns at this point.
    I have downloaded the iPhone mobile app for Mbrace. It allows you yo lock/unlock the doors of the car directly through the iPhone without having to contact them. I was out at a huge mall last week and forgot where I parked the car. All I had to do was pull up the app on the iPhone and press "locate" and within 60 seconds, the location of the car came up on a map. All I had to do was start walking, and it took me to within 200 feet of the car. The closer I got, the closer on the map it showed. Interesting application.

It even let's me send an address right from my phone book on the iPhone right to the NAV system in my car. When I get in my car the next morning, the NAV comes right on with the ignition showing it received my signal and is ready to start route guidance.

I hope they will be able yo upgrade Mbrace in my 2012 to mbrace2 because I am not planning on buying a 2013 - I am enjoying this new engine performance and signicantly improved fuel economy so much, there is no rational reason to trade this car in. I only drive 9000 miles a year and I'm not going to give up a car that I ordered with everything on it I could ever want.

If I hear anything else about mbrace2, I will let you know.

2021 Genesis G90

It would appear that most of the incentives Mercedes had been offering on the purchase or lease have disappeared or have been reduced significantly. They still have the MB Financial incentive of $2000 if you currently have an active loan with MBF or lease, but special low interest financing for 48 - 60 months has been discontinued. Right now, there are no special rates, even for shorter term financing. Lease pull ahead programs have dropped to 4 months. That's about all they have right now. I'm quite surprised since they have been competing aggressively with BMW for top spot in the US market.

Wonder if they will offer anything better as the month progresses?

2021 Genesis G90

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I just tried benzonly.com. It's gone...just a dummy page from godaddy.com.
    Hmmm...just tried it and you are correct! I've used that site to get info on my 2012 before ordering it last August. I wonder what happened to the site. It was the only site that was months ahead of all the others on upgrades and model enhancements.

Does anyone out there know of any other sites (except for the usual ones like MBUSA.com, edmunds.com, etc.) where one can get updates on model changes or updates for Mercedes Benz E350's?

Sorry Kevin, I did no know the site had been taken down.

2021 Genesis G90

• richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Has anyone posted the lease terms/rates for February? I'm looking for the numbers on a 33 month lease for a E350 4matic. Thanks.
    edited February 2012
    Just curious what everybody's getting on their cars. I do 90% city driving in Los Angeles and with 1,200 miles on the car, am getting around 15+ mpg.
    Dave, I'm getting 22 mpg around town (really not city driving as I live in the suburbs of Ft. Lauderdale where we have no heavy stop and go traffic) and 32-33 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. When I do drive downtown, I get about 17 mpg. Combined average mpg is running about 25 mpg, but with little or no driving in heavy traffic.

Your 15 mpg - is that heavy stop-and-go or not? If it is not, then your mpg's are a little low. If it is heavy traffic, then that is about what you should expect. Also remember, your mpg's will improve as the car breaks in.

2021 Genesis G90

Yes, Mike, my driving is in almost all stop and go traffic in the city; I only get on the freeway infrequently. I'll keep monitoring it, and look forward going on a longer trip (like to Napa Valley).
    Going up the I-5 corridor in your new Mercedes Benz at 70-75 mph should get you about 31 mpg's which is what I get when my speed exceeds 65 mph. At 55 mph, I can get 34 mpg's, 32-33 at 65 mph.

I have also learned to disregard the "instant" mpg reading because it is inaccurate as it was on my 2011, but the average mpg rèadout is identical to my own calculations.

2021 Genesis G90

• damandamifdamandamif Member Posts: 15
    I noticed lower mileage than I expected. I pretty much drive like an old lady. I also hope after I break the car in it improves. I'm getting about 17 on average.
    17 mpg's, as an average, all depends on what you are averaging! If you do almost no freeway or interstate driving at 55 mph or greater, you can't expect good fuel economy averages. So, one would expect lower fuel economy If most of the driving you do is stop-and-go in heavy city traffic or even on freeways with traffic jams.

Today's new cars do not require extended break-in time to obtain good fuel economy, however, as the new car begins to loosen up, fuel economy does improve. When you first get your new car, it seems to drive and handle a little stiff. This is because every moving part of the car has not worn a kind of groove on these contact points. Once the contact points have worn in a bit, or "loosen up," friction reduces just a bit which then requires less force to maintain speed. It isn't much, but it does increase fuel economy. Moving parts include wheels, pistons, axles, drive shaft connections, transmission clutches, to name just a few.

My car has been driven 2600 miles since mid-October when I took delivery and my fuel economy has improved about 5%. When my 2011 hit 5000 miles, I noticed about 5% better fuel economy. According to EPA estimates, the new 2012 E350 should get 20/30 city/highway mpg's. I'm getting a little better than that.

Try putting your car in neutral at long traffic lights. I do that to reduce wear-and-tear on the transmission and I have found from experience that it improves my fuel economy. I have also found that I get better gas mileage when I use a certain brand of gasoline over another. I don't think I can mention that brand here, but it does make a difference!

Good luck all!

2021 Genesis G90

• bevbranbevbran Member Posts: 40
    I have a 2012 Luxury 4Matic, about 700 miles on it and I do a mix of in town and highway driving. Not much stop & go. I'm getting almost 24 mpg.
    That is about what I'm getting, combined highway/city. I get a little better mileage because you drive a 4matic, which is driving 4 wheels instead of 2 like my rear wheel drive E350. But combined, that is expected on the E350.

If Dave did more highway driving without traffic, he would also be getting what we are getting. But I am very familiar with the traffic he must be battling. I lived and worked in the Chatsworth area of the San Fernando Valley, which is in the north part of the Los Angeles metro area. Miserable traffic!

2021 Genesis G90

Fortunately, I'm not in that traffice that you experiences when here, Mike. I live only around 10 minutes from my office, and don't go on freeways very often. I'll check my mileage when I do a longer freeway trip.
    Dave, if you are driving so few miles, then the 15 mpg's you are getting is about what one would expect given the type of driving you do. I averaged 19 mpg over the last 2 days because all I did was drive here and there for grocery shopping - no highway driving.

I would recommend that you take your car on a quick trip to Palm Springs on the I-10. That's about 100 miles each way, if my memory serves me right. Not only would you give your car an opportunity to open up to higher sustained speeds, but would enable you to determine if you are getting 30+ mpg's. Of you are not getting that kind of fuel economy, then I would be concerned. Obviously you would want to wait until a Saturday or Sunday to avoid traffic snarls. Take your wife with you and have lunch at Las Concuelas in LaQuinta. It's on highway 110. Great authentic Mexican food. I know the owners.

2021 Genesis G90

I'm not concerned as I know that I'm just driving in city stop and go traffic. I'll see how it goes as car breaks in. Your suggestion about the trip to Palm Springs sounds good, and I know my wife would like it.
    When I lived in Chatsworth, I would go out to Rancho Mirage frequently during the winters for the weekend. By the way, Las Consuelas restaurant is on Highway 111 (Palm Canyon Drive) in Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage and LaQuinta. The family owns 3 or 4 restaurants in the Coachella Valley. It's a nice drive and the snow capped mountains this time of year makes for the perfect back-drop with temperatures on the desert floor averaging 68 - 72 during the day. And of course, 50+ golf courses within the confines of the western Coacella Valley!

2021 Genesis G90

I have heard nothing about the arrival dates for the 2013 E Class sedan at US dealerships. It is usual for the new models to arrive in July/August. It all depends on existing inventory levels at US dealerships. This past year, the 2012's didn't arrive until late October, but inventories did not stabilize until early December.

It seems to work like this:

If inventories are light, they usually arrive early. If inventories are heavy, they can delay deliveries from the ports by many weeks, which is what they did this year. You should be hearing more about this by June. There is one other variable - major changes in the body and/or equipment. If they change the grille work on the sport models, that could also delay deliveries. Since they just had a major upgrade in the engine and transmission this year, I would not expect major changes this next year.

2021 Genesis G90

Saw something about an E350 Hybrid. What do you think? I'm cautious about the first generation of a product as it normally takes time to get the bugs out.
    I do not even consider a hybrid until they produce batteries that truly give you a range of 200 miles without the use of the gasoline engine. They are currently working on a 4 cylinder, 300+ horsepower engine that is designed to give over 40 mpg's on the highway and over 30 mpg's city. So long as they can build gasoline engines that can deliver 30+ mpg's, I'm staying away from hybrids.

That's not saying that hybrids are no good! They are perfect for someone like you who drives short distances in city traffic. To me, hybrids are ideal for that type of driving.

As for "...what do you think...", I agree with your position that new technologies in a product line need at least 1 full year of SHAKE-DOWN CRUISES before most of the bugs are identified and FIXED! They already have the S hybrid, so manufacturing an E hybrid should be a no brainier for them. I wonder how that Infinity M37 hybrid is working out? Also, the new Lexus GS hybrid is supposed to be introduced this month. If I was forced into having to purchase a hybrid vehicle, I would seriously look into a Lexus (although I am less than comfortable with any Toyota product after all those recalls) because the Japanese hybrid technologies are way ahead of the rest of the world.

Finally, even though I don't lease cars, if I had to get a hybrid for some unforeseen reason, I would lease it for 36 months instead of buying it. That way, if there was a bug they did not correct, at least I would not own it, but would only have to live with it for the lease term rather than having go "eat" a lemon.

2021 Genesis G90

Although I do mostly local driving, I like to have the option to go longer distances, as I do have to drive to San Diego, Riverside, etc. on occassion.
    I also agree with you regarding leasing a hybrid. With all electric cars coming out, that may be another alternative in the future, but the problems with the Chevy Volt leads one to be a bit cautious at present.
    edited February 2012
    Combining great fuel economy with sheer luxury and sufficient roominess/comfort is a monumental task for manufacturers and engineers. I truly believe that compressed natural gas and compressed hydrogen are the next steps to solving two birds with one stone, so to speak. There is a tremendous abundance of hydrogen and hydrogen compounds (water for example - H2O) available as well as hundreds of trillions of cubic feet of natural (methane) gas. Both are clean burning and readily available.

The use of batteries is not as safe due to the residue (need to dispose of the used batteries when their useful life is completed) not to mention safety issues as discovered with the Volt and other battery powered vehicles. In my opinion, diesel powered vehicles are not a good long time solution either due to limited oil resources. So, that leaves hydrogen as the only long term energy solution. They are just scratching the surface with hydrogen in automobiles. It will probably be another 20 years before engineering and technology make this energy source reliable enough!

In the meantime, gasoline powered engines with high fuel economy and low emissions is all we can look forward to in the short run!

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks
    They do not! Run-flats are not standard on E350 Sedans or Coupes. If you order the 19" AMG wheels, run-flats can be ordered. BMW's with sport package (5 series) come with standard run-flats. I had them on my 2008 535i, and I hated them. The car drove like I was driving on a board, which means it was so harsh riding and handling, I often got a back ache.

Run-flats have only one advantage, you can drive for up to 50 miles when you lose air. That is the only advantage to having run-flat tires. The reason they can surive that long without air is due to the very thick and hard rubber and belts under the treads. And, that is why they provide a harsher ride than regular low-profile tires. On my E350 Sedan, if I had run-flats along with the already harsher ride, I'm sure one of my verterbrae would just crack!

Did you ask this question because you are thinking of adding them to your car or ordering them for your car?

2021 Genesis G90

Thnaks...I'm trying to avoid run-flats for the reasons you mentioned as well as the cost of replacements. For some reason I thought run-flats came with the E350 Sport model. Right now I'm only considering the Luxury model though.
    No, run flat tires are not standard on the sport model. Even if you order the Wheel Package with 18" AMG wheels, it does not come with run flats. You have to special order 19" AMG wheels in order to get run flats. So, you have no worries.

2021 Genesis G90

Run flats come standard on all e350 Bluetec's sold in the US. Canada gets regular tires with an inflate kit.
    That is correct, but as he did not specially state "diesel" I assumed he was referring to gasoline engine. Run flats do not come standard on E350 coupes or sedans powered by gasoline engines. Thus I stand corrected! Why they are standard on the diesel and not on the gasoline engines I do not know, but most people do not like the ride on run flats. That has hurt BMW sport model sales, as published.

2021 Genesis G90

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Why they are standard on the diesel and not on the gasoline engines I do not know

Maybe a different shaped fuel tank on the diesel, that eliminates the spare tire well?

Just a guess....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator