Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I was just offered the following. E-350 Sport. With leather. With premium Package 1 and a few other minor things like lane tracking. They told me sticker was 59K on the car. With the Costco program $1500.00 above invoice and the Conquest program -$3000.00 they came up with this lease
    33 months/12K miles/756 a month plus TAX. $1100 up front covers first plus tax. The MB $795.00 bank fee was not mentioned. I asked about MSD on this lease and he said It might reduce it a little since the interest rates are very low right now. He mentioned single payment lease might reduce it, but only by a little cost. European delivery he said was 7% over dealer invoice? The claim was that this lease would be less than European delivery. I m also considering BMW to see what the offer. Any thoughts? Robert
  • corpsvetecorpsvete Member Posts: 7
    Costco auto site lists, "Now through April 30, 2012..... conquest buyers can receive up to $4,000 cash back on select 2012 models.".
    Anyone know what the amount is for the E wagon?
    Thanks
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Thanks. I cnecked Costoauto.com and no rebates or incentives are listed for Mercedes. I may have been on the wrong page. Do you have a link?
  • vicmacvicmac Member Posts: 9
    Anybody have the most recent sale prices for 2012 E350? trying to see how much off MSRP are others getting. Thx
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,251
    There is really very little in the way of incentives directly from Mercedes.

If you are a member of USAA, you can get the car for invoice less $2000. If you currently have a lease or a loan with Mercedes Benz Financial, there is another $2000 cash incentive.

Invoice of the car can be determined by building your car on Edmunds, with the exact equipment you want.

I believe there is still a little conquest money available, depending upon the dealership - the bigger the dealership, the better chance they still have some conquest money available.

Hope this helped

2021 Genesis G90

• vicmacvicmac Member Posts: 9
    Thx abacomike, I am not a member of USAA but have a conquest trade-in, offers are around 2500 under invoice without much negotiation, I am not sure if I want to push for more...
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    I've been checking and available supply is very low in my area (east coast) so there's not a lot of negotiating leverage for specific cars.
    I received an offer on a E350, with
    Premium
    Rear spoiler
    folding rear seats
    sport package
    heated front seats
    MSRP: $55705
    Offer: $52733 includes fees, taxes and my USAA discount
    I'm not thrilled with that offer and am still looking, but thought I'd share with you.
    Hope that helps.
    Your USAA price should be $2000 behind dealer invoice. Invoice should be $52141, give or take a few. Add $500 then subtract $2000 from that. $50641 should be the selling price. Add your taxes, fees, etc to that. From my calculations, considering your sales tax, the deal sounds great unless you have a trade or something.

2021 Genesis G90

• mbzgalmbzgal Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    i leased a 2012 e350 a couple of months ago with the specs i wanted but recently got badly rearended. :cry: even with full repairs it will probably have diminished value.
    any ideas on how to assess the amount of diminished value?
    am i able to return the car and lease another one?
    should i wait for the 2013s?
    thanks in advance
  • lawcarlawcar Member Posts: 97
    Is the car considered "totalled" by your insurance company? Did you have "gap coverage" which is a form of insurance that pays for what you owe on the lease (the remaining monthly payments) if the car is totalled? The insurance company should be able to give you an estimate of the value of the car, although you can probably bring to the dealer to get an estimate, too.
    Not sure about the rest of your question.
  • ibelieveibelieve Member Posts: 5
    I am unable to locate the E350 I want, Luxury model with black exterior and black leather interior. Are there always USAA discounts available? What they are offering now expires on 5/31/2012. Is it likely that there will be new discounts available in a couple of months when the 2013's are released? Can these discounts be applied to ordered cars?
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Yes you can apply discounts to ordered cars. Took delivery 6 weeks ago on special ordered car with USAA & MBCA discounts.
    You can find out what this month's special from USAA is by logging onto USAA and, I assume you are a member, so just enter your pin number, go to car buying section, select the car, add your colors and packages/options, and it will tell you what the price will be.

Last month, it was $2000. Don't know if it went up any this month. Also, MBFS had a $2000 incentive for current lessees or current owners who have a current MBFS loan on an existing car. You need to check to see if that is still available as well.

Good luck, car should cost you 3500 UNDER INVOICE if incentives are still available.

2021 Genesis G90

At this point I will have to order a 2013 for which the pricing is not yet available. My USAA certificate says it is for any in-stock 2012. Are you thinking the dealer should let me use it towards a 2013 model?
    Probably not - if it says 2012 in stock, the car has to be in stock. My suggestion is that you order the 2013 (or have them find you a 2012 since there will be no changes in the car for 2013) and when the car comes in, you go online, get the current pricing ( usually 2000 off invoice or thereabouts).

That is what I did. I ordered the 2012, when it came in, we just printed up the paperwork. Your dealership has direct access to USAA and can tell you at a glance what the pricing is. As for conquest, I don't know if it will be available in September or October when the 2013's get in.

2021 Genesis G90

• dennisnyc40dennisnyc40 Member Posts: 9
    Well i just ordered a 2013 E350 an hour ago. The current USAA discount is 250.00 above invoice then minus 4000.00 from that. Thats a great deal and if you have a current loan or lease with MB financial you get another 2000.00. And no you cannot combine conquest with USAA or MB financial discount. So if you are looking for a 2012 MB and are eligible for these discounts. Now is the time to go for it. I hope everything stays the same when my car comes in around late july.
  • realralfyrealralfy Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    Can any of the other discounts be combined with Euro delivery?

Executive allowance (my company qualifies)
    USAA
    Costco
    Conquest Money
    Others?

My other question is if we don't opt for Euro delivery, which of the above can be combined?

Thanks
    Well I ordered a 2013 E350 yesterday, thanks for everyones help on this forum. I have an additional question about the USAA certificate that will be printed when the car arrives (I was told probably late August). I am able to print certificates but my question is do I have to have some type of insurance policy with USAA for the certificate to be valid?
    If you are a member of USAA, you should have a navy blue plastic membership cars with you membership number on it. My Dad is the veteran in the family and he has insurance with USAA. That's how I was eligible for membership. I then became a member and have financial instruments with them, so they then sent me a membership card.

On the day you complete your paperwork for your new car, the dealership has direct access to the USAA site - and the are the ones who print up the certificate with the VIN number. You do not print up the actual certificate. What you print up is the car description and the pricing.

You usually need your blue membership card because they photocopy YHE membership card and send it along with their paperwork to Mercedes Benz. Remember. It's Mercedes who reimburses the dealer for the incentive, NOT USAA.

You should contact USAA to review the entire procedure prior to completing paperwork for the car. Having a membership number but do not have insurance or use their financial investments or bank may not provide you with the incentive. Check this out carefully - it was a problem for me the first time I tried to get a certificate.

2021 Genesis G90

• peterjhpeterjh Member Posts: 11
    Picked up 2012 E350 back in April.

MSRP: 56,805 (includes Premium 1, Lane Tracking, Wood/Leather steering wheel)
    Discounted Price: $52,000
    Final Price: $49,000 (with $3,000 conquest incentive)

Financed about $25,000 @ %3.99 interest for 60 months.

Pretty good deal, I think.
    Once again thanks for the valuable information. I just contacted USAA who did explain the entire process. This resulted in my purchasing a small personal property policy for the time being. I will look at the possibility of switching my auto and home owner policies later this year when they expire.
  • jgerunjgerun Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I was searching and came across this thread. I am a USAA member, but when I go to the car buying service link, it shows no incentive for the E Class. I am looking to purchase the E Class for my wife and would appreciate it if you point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    shows no incentive for E Class

You are probably not signed in correctly. Do you have any policies with them or financial relationships (checking, CD's, etc.).

Best thing to do is call USAA and they will tell you what the incentive is. Do you have a navy blue membership card with your your USAA membership number and name? Being a member but having no policies or financial relationship will not necessarily qualify you for incentives. When you call them, they will explain.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    If your only relationship with USAA is banking, are you eligible for the mercedes discount?
  • kumquattkumquatt Member Posts: 7
    Hi all -

Am also at a point of perhaps having to order a 2013 E350 w/Package 1.

Does anyone know what the expected change in invoice or MSRP for the 2013 E350?

Also, it sound like there is essentially no changes either betweeen 2012 and 2013 models. The upcoming exterior front/back changes that are being introduced in 2013 in Europe, won't make it here for the US models until 2014, is that correct?

I'd much prefer upcoming changes and look.

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and_future_cars/2013/1203_mercedes_gives_the_e_- class_mid_cycle_update/

Thanks!
    edited May 2012
    I suspect that the "big hoopla" on the 2013's will be integrated internet connectivity which they've already announced will be in the new cars in the US. I wouldn't expect any other changes in the US. (BTW, internet connectivity is in US late 2011's and 2012's, it's just turned off in the engineering menu)

The 2014 changes sound interesting, depending on how many make it to the US and, of course, at what price. I can't even imagine the congestion cruise control that follows other cars even if they change lanes....that sounds lethal.
    no, it's not considered totalled although we do have gap coverage.
    i'm thinking of returning the car and terminating my current lease and then leasing another identical car...with the intention of buying it at the end of the lease. any ideas on how best to go about this? tia.
    If your only relationship with USAA is banking

No, I do not believe you would be eligible. I read their qualifications and noted that one would need a policy on personal property (such as jewelry) or an auto insurance/boat insurance policy or similar. Best to give them a call - they are very accommodating and helpful. I have their credit card but my dad has a policy, and I am a member because of my dad's veteran status - but am eligible for auto pricing infer my own membership.

Best thing to do is just give them a call - they will explain everything!

2021 Genesis G90

Badly rear ended

Your gap insurance is applicable to a total loss, not for repairable damage. In other words, if the car is not totalled, as described by the insurance company, and is repaired and fuctional for continued use, your gap coverage on the lease is not applicable at that time. However, gap coverage, I believe, has clauses regarding diminished value upon conclusion of the lease term.

Since you were rear ended, the assumption is that the accident was caused due to the negligence of the driver who hit you. You should retain a lawyer, if necessary, to collect money from the at fault driver for diminished value to your car upon lease termination.

Again, gap insurance is for total loss of use, not for repairs or the termination of a lease. To be sure of this, contact the insurance company providing your gap insurance and Mercedes Benz Financial to assess you options. Then, make an informed decision.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

edited May 2012
    Interesting...

You are leasing the car, you have a set residual price. If everything has been repaired to mercedes/industry standards, there would be no basis for mercedes to charge you for "diminished value"....irrespective of gap insurance. (note: I have not read my lease on this...but I doubt that there is anything in there about dimished value, other than dents and such...)

On an even more interesting note, you could claim "deminished value" as part of your insurance claim on the other driver and at the end of the lease, you would not have any obligation to give that money to Mercedes...and since all "deminished value" claims are based on an assumption which may or may not be true, you wouldn't have to return that money to the insurance company.

I am not suggesting insurance fraud....but just trying to explain how diminished value claims might work in the world of leasing.
    thanks for all of your responses!

but would the insurance company pay the diminished value amount to both myself and mb financial since technically they are the owner of the car as it is a lease?

if given a diminished value amount do you think i could negotiate with mb financial to do an even exchange for an identical car?

it looks like the prices for some of the identical options now have a higher msrp...at least that's what the dealers are showing for msrp.
    Diminished value

Until, or unless, you return the car to Mercedes-Benz, there is no diminished value, and only if Mercedes-Benz says that the car has not been repaired properly.

It sounds like you want to turn your car into the leasing company early. Let's assume you turn the car into Mercedes and you pay the additional amounts due because of early termination of your lease. Unless there is an actual loss to you or Mercedes does insurance come into play.

Has the car been repaired as of this date? If it has not, there is no sense arguing or telling you what you should or shouldn't do! Once the car has been repaired and you attempt to return the car to Mercedes only then will it be determined if you'll owe anything to Mercedes! I think you're putting the cart before the horse!

Your entire premise makes absolutely no sense to those of us who understand diminished value and early lease terminations. I don't think we're going to make any progress here on this forum. I suggest you talk to your Mercedes-Benz dealership and get some advice from them or talk to a good lawyer!

2021 Genesis G90

edited May 2012
    sorry i'm not an expert at understanding diminished value or early lease terminations...i was just hoping to get some advice at how best to swap out the car for another identical one now that all repairs are complete.
    edited May 2012
    sorry I'm not an expert at understanding diminished value

You now have a "LEASE EARLY TERMINATION" situation. You will either have to pay the remaining lease payments on the car to turn it in to Mercedes Benz Financial OR you can go to a Mercedes Benz Dealership and find the car you want - then they can take your current car in as a "trade". You would then not have remaining payments to worry about, however you will have to roll the difference between the trade value into the new lease or outright put that money "down" to reduce the lease payments.

You MIGHT have a case for diminished value if the trade value you receive from the dealer is significantly reduced due to previous damage.

Again, I would first shop for the new car you want. Make sure you do not tell the dealer you shop at what damage was done to your car. That is his responsibility, not yours, unless in your state you legally cannot withhold information about previous damage to your car from the buyer.

Should we assume that the car, after it has been repaired, does not ride or perform to your expectations? Or look acceptable? Because sometimes you are better off just keeping the car until the end of the lease. Either way, it is going to cost you quite a bit to get out of your current lease.

Good Luck! And, if there is a significant difference between trade values of two cars, one with previous damage and one without previous damage, you may have a case for diminished value. I would then get in touch with an attorney to make sure you are properly represented.

2021 Genesis G90

• hx_guyhx_guy Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2012
    Got a deal I'm pretty excited about, a lot of car for the money. I did the 10 refundable $500 security deposits to lower the money factor from 0.0025 to 0.0018.

MSRP: $57,575 (2012 E350 Bluetec, P1, Spoiler Pkg, Lunar Blue exterior)
    Negotiated Price: $48,650 (including $3,000 Conquest incentive)
    Out of pocket: $2,384 ($454 first month pmt, $885 registration, $250 doc fee, $795 acquisition fee)
    Payment: $416 + $38 tax = $454 total/month with 15k miles per year for 24 months.

12k miles would have been $393 + $37 tax /month
    10k miles would have been $347 + $32 tax /month
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    That does sound like a good deal. The way I figure it is you get to drive an E350 Bluetec for two years for less than $12k. That's not much.
    $885 registration fee and 9.5% tax...where do you live?

Great deal....but a few suggestions...

1) Include mercedes basic maintenance in the deal
    2) I would not pay the acquisition fee up front...
    3) not sure what the doc fee is, but I wouldn't pay it up front
    4) I would look at that registration fee...it looks high, but I don't know where you live.

Personally, I would also look for a car with P2 because the headlights are far far superior to the standard headlights.
    That's Arizona for you...we have low property taxes but car registration kills you. It's based on the value of the car and this being a pricey car means a high registration fee (my 2011 Audi A4 was $690 as well). Sales tax is 9.3% in Phoenix. Doc fee is a "documentation fee" that I've seen every time I've bought a vehicle, they don't have it everywhere? I wanted to pay the fees upfront so I don't pay interest on them.

We looked for a P2 E350 Bluetec but there was only one and it had the Pano roof which we didn't like. It's too barrio because they were giving us $11k off MSRP! Would have actually been a bit cheaper than the deal we got. There were only about 8 Bluetecs total between all Phoenix dealers so we had to pick one of the available ones. We are very happy with the car though and may even buy it out after the 24 months.
    thanks for the advice! it's going to be a tricky trade!

has anyone else noticed that the p2 price has gone up $400 from 6050 to 6450?
    Sounds good....but do get maintenance included...it should be treated as any other feature so you only pay 25% of the MSRP. It's a super deal if your dealer will do the lease that way. It's not clear how mercedes actually wants maintenance handled so some dealers residualize it and some dealers just charge the full amount over the period of the lease and Mercedes finance doesn't seem to care.

As far as buying out....I spoke to my dealer about that when I leased my blutec...he suggested that when the lease is up, he could send the car to auction, buy it back and sell it to me for less than the residual. We'll see what happens when the time comes. This is the first car I've ever leased that I might actually buy.
  • drbriantorontodrbriantoronto Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2012 E-350 (dark blue) loaded, everything but night vision. I love the car, although I find it's not quite as fast as the Lexus IS-350 it replaced. I also really wanted heads-up, which for some strange reason, MB doesn't offer.
    I've been reading that in 2013, MB will introduce an E-Class with lots of stuff including heads up, and the E-350 will be taken up about 10% in horsepower...
    BTW, drove an A-7 yesterday...yes, WONDERFULLY smooth ride with LOTS OF POWER, but interior DOESN'T HOLD A CANDLE to the E-350...lots of cheap plastic IMHO, and the Bose radio is far inferior to HK in sound.
    Anyone else hear about the 2014 car?
    I have a 2012 E350 loaded…

I just drove the 2013 Lexus GS350 and loved it so much that I traded my 2012 E350 for a loaded one. Heads up display, Mark Levinson 850 watt 17 speaker audio system, intuitive park assist, NAV with web connectivity, Blind Spot Monitor, Luxury Package, etc, MSRP $59,000, and in gray with "Flaxen" (dark saddle) full leather on seats, doors, lower dash etc, and it drives better than my Mercedes drove. Take a test drive and let me know what you think. So much more for less $ and an interior that is to die for!

2021 Genesis G90

• dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    I have a deal on the table. Here are the particulars below. Its 2012 e350 Sport White with Black interior. P2 package, Panorama roof, Lane Tracking, Spoiler, Parktronic,

Msrp: $63,640

Negotiated Price: 54,000

The deal they are giving me is $590 Per month including Michigan 6% tax.

With $2,742.54 Due

33 Month Lease

12000 Miles per month
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi dannye350,
    What were the RV and MF that you were quoted for your 33mo/12K lease? These are crucial variables for us to assess your deal.

In the interim, a few ideas for consideration follow below.
    1. Pay $0 down (or as close to it) as you should only pay 1st month's payment and DMV fees.
    2. Consider the max 10 MSDs as this will significantly reduce the MF and subsequent interest portion of monthly payments - in some cases ~$40-$65/mo. And you get the MSD back at the end of the lease term.
    3. Some on the forum have suggested including maintenance in your lease.

Cheers!
    Do you know if you get the Security deposit back if the car it totaled in an accident?

I will find out about the RV & MF
    Spoke with the dealer.

residual: 62% $39,456.80
    money factor: .00126

Dealer said they cant combine 10 security deposits with the program they are giving me.
    and your dealer is correct....because the .00126 is a special money factor. The 10 MSD reduction of .0007 can only be taken off the base mf which is somewhere around .0025 (not sure of this months rate).

MSD's really help on the BlueTec which doesn't have the special money factor, but has fantastic residuals (~75%) on a 24 mo lease.
  • vishesh3vishesh3 Member Posts: 1
    Great deal.. where did you get the deal?
    Schumacher Mercedes in Phoenix, AZ.
  • porshawporshaw Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the $3000 Conquest discount has been extended in June? Any recommendations on ways to check for inventory in Socal area for 2012 e350 bluetec? Thanks in advance