Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    In response to your inquiry regarding USAA, it is usually off invoice, however I have noticed that there has been a change lately to show off MSRP.

I would wait until after Ugust 1st to see if they have a better incentive.

2021 Genesis G90

• jdedmundsjdedmunds Member Posts: 13
    I am ready to buy a E350 within the next 2 weeks. I am in Houston. What dealer gave you the deal?
  • new_to_enew_to_e Member Posts: 11
    I had a great buying experience with Alderson MB of Lubbock, Tx last month. Lots of folks fly in to pick up their cars there. It was a smooth, easy experience for me.
  • buriatburiat Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    The August USAA incentive on the 2012 is $3500. The incentive on the 2013 is $2500. The July incentive on the 2012 was $4000.

I don't know the history of USAA incentives but surprised there was very little difference between the 2012 and 2013 incentives in August. Of course the dealers are much more liberal with the non USAA discounts on the 2012.
  • alajralajr Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am evaluating upgrading my wife's 2008 C 300 for a 2010 E 350 Coupe. Located in Houston area and have located several in the range of $38,000 at non MB dealership, but a luxury car dealership, and some at local MB dealer for around $44,000. I know the new engine came in 2012, but not wanting to spend the extra at this time. Most of the cars mentioned above are below 28,000 miles.

Wondering if the above pricing is fair, ask for a steeper discount, or if I should wait until the end of the year and see if the deals get better.
    edited September 2012
    Just picked up my 2013 E350 Sport Sedan. Got it at Mercedes of Delray, same dealership I've purchased all my previous MB cars. Their service and pricing are the best in Southeast Florida. Car MSRP'd at $64,860.00 and is Diamond White with that Saddle leather interior.

Options included:

Premium 2 pkg.
    Lane Keeping / Blind Spot Monitor pkg.
    Comfort Box
    Diamond White Metallic Paint (extra cost option over metallic)
    Leather Seats
    Wood/Leather Steering Wheel for Sport
    AMG Wheel Package
    Wheel Locks
    Split/Folding Rear Seats

Was able to get the USAA pricing at $2000 below invoice (USAA pricing is $500 over invoice less $2500). Never had a Diamond White car before, but it sure is beautiful.

2021 Genesis G90

• hotwheels717hotwheels717 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Abacomike,

I was just considering the same car, color combo and options. Did you get the black roof on the diamond white which I believe is the panoramic roof?

I've heard there are solid deals on this vehicle. What did you pay?

Enjoy the new wheels.
    I was just considering the same car, color combo and options. Did you get the black roof on the diamond white which I believe is the panoramic roof?

I did not get the panorama roof - allows too much sunlight and glare into the car and does not have the strength integrity as the one without the panorama roof, in my opinion.

Car MSRP was $64,869.00. I got USAA pricing which is a net of $2000 below invoice (must be a USAA member) and I am a member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America where I got additional incentive. My final price was $57,500 + tax and title/registration.

You might want to compare Diamond White with Polar White - Diamond White costs $1550 more than Polar white, or $750 over regular metallic paint. I also got natural beige leather (saddle color) which set the car off beautifully.

2021 Genesis G90

• hotwheels717hotwheels717 Member Posts: 5
    It sounds like you purchased the car. I'm interested in a lease and it looks like there were some programs or incentives where others in this forum were leasing for 24 months. Do you know anything about this such as what the amount down and monthly payment would be as you're in S. Florida.
    It sounds like you purchased the car.

I saw an ad in today's paper (Ft. Lauderdale's Sun Sentinel) for $579+tax a month, 36 months, $4569 due at lease signing, 10,000 miles a year. Looks like an AutoNation Ad since it listed only the 6 autonation dealers down here in South Florida.

I believe you can do much better than that. When you shop for a lease on a Mercedes, you are interested in several things - the money factor (or interest on the loan for the lease) and the residualized cap cost (selling price), miles per year, length of the lease in months, and MSRP of the vehicle you are leasing (to determine what kind of discount they are giving you when compared to the selling price or cap cost).

I would think that if you went online to mbusa.com and clicked on "specials", I believe there is a lease there as well.

A lot depends on where you lease the car. Here in South Florida, I recommend Mercedes Benz of Delray - best of all the Auto Nation dealerships. If you mention my name and my Diamaond White/Natural Beige leather E350 Sport to one of the sales managers or the general manager of the dealership, (abacomike), they will give you a sweet deal, believe me.

But if you are not here in South Florida, I cannot help you. As a suggestion, go to at least 3 Benz dealerships, saving the biggest/largest for last, and get some pricing. Usually the bigger dealerships have the most to gain by making a lean deal whereas the smaller dealerships have more difficulty due to their lower sales volume.

Good LUck!

2021 Genesis G90

• boogerbear1boogerbear1 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to purchase an E350 Luxury Sedan with the following items. Diamond white metallic, Premium Package 1 & 2, Almond/mocha leather interior, driver assistance package, Parktronic with advanced parking guidance and rear side-impact airbags. I am doing the negotiating by myself and I want to make my husband proud. Thank you for any help you can give me. The dealership is Hilton Head Mercedes Benz in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Looks good... Do they have the car in stock? 2012 or 2013?
    Good luck.
    I am looking to purchase an E350 Luxury Sedan with the following items

Build the car here on Edmunds. Go to "New Cars", select Mercedes Benz, select E Class, select Luxury 4 door sedan, then select your color (diamond white is a double option extra cost item), select leather, and all your options. When you get invoice for the car, that is your offer to the dealer. If you are trading another luxury car or drive a competing luxury make, there is a conquest incentive of $2000 available to you, so your offer can be $2000 under invoice.

If you can get them to $1500 under invoice if you qualify for the conquest incentive, that would be a great deal!

2021 Genesis G90

Hi! The car I want is a 2013 and no they do not have it in stock. I will have to order the vehicle.
  • bzjambzjam Member Posts: 12
    I was helping a friend shop for a G wagon and while at the dealer asked what kind of offers they were doing on the 2013 e classes. They told me around 10% off msrp. I had a 2012 with p1 and so I was interested in getting one with p2 and some other options. The regular headlights on my 2012 were really bad so I definately wanted the BiXenons. I found a car with p1 and p2 and a couple other gadgets msrp at $61750. I ended up walking out with the 2013! Love the BiXenons and the extra little things I was missing on the 2012 like keyless go, the chrome
    Trim and blind spot monitoring.
  • magicc316magicc316 Member Posts: 3
    How do you get usaa pricing?
    How do you get usaa pricing?

You must be a USAA member. To become a member, you or your spouse or a close family member must be on active duty or be a veteran. You should visit USAA.com and follow the instructions on how to become a member. Once you qualify and become a member, they will help you with their car-buying service.

But without membership, it would not be available to you.

2021 Genesis G90

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mbmlmbml Member Posts: 1
    Hi Mike
    i'm usaa member.
    for the USAA incentive around 2000$
    did you have to take a loan out with USAA to qualify?
    through usaa car buying it says that i have to loan with usaa to get usaa pricing.
    thanks
    i'm usaa member.
    for the USAA incentive around 2000$
    did you have to take a loan out with USAA to qualify?

No. The incentive is $2500. Take the invoice of the car, add $500, then subtract $2500 (or $2000 below invoice). I've never heard of that! I always finance through Mercedes Benz Financial. So long as you qualify for their buying service and present your USAA membership card (navy blue and white plastic card with your membership number) to the dealer, they contact USAA for you - at least that is how I've done it for several new cars).

You should call USAA to make sure. I guess it's possible they added that requirement this month - but it is doubtful. Let me know how you make out!

2021 Genesis G90

• thejaythejay Member Posts: 3
    Hello
    I am in the market for CPO 2011 E350 with good options.
    One that I found is 2011 E350 Bluetec CPO with Premium2 and sport pkg. about 25,000 miles.
    It's listed as $45,872.
    Is this a reasonable price?

Thank you all in advance.
    Hello
    I am in the market for CPO 2011 E350 with good options.
    One that I found is 2011 E350 Bluetec CPO with Premium2 and sport pkg. about 25,000 miles. It's listed as $45,872...

So long as the car is "certified" and is in pristine condition, I would go for $43,500. It is a diesel, which is not necessarily high in resale, but those engines last forever!

If you plan on keeping it for several years, I would pay $43,500.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you for the reply abacomike!
    So should I go for that price excluding tax, any other fees or OTD?
    Also, do u have any other advise?

Thank you,
    I would pay that price plus tax, etc. just make sure the car is certified and is warranted by Mercedes for 6 years and 100,000 miles.

2021 Genesis G90

I see. Cool. Thanks.
    BTW, I thought the CPO warranty is 12 months extended to factory warranty so wouldn't it make 5 years and 100,000 miles?
    You might be correct, double check that! But if it's a super clean car and has had all of it's services, then that price would be right about what you should pay. It also pays to get the service/maintenance pkg. Diesels need to be cared for properly to ensure years of great performance. See if the will throw that in for you!

2021 Genesis G90

• mybullmybull Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to buy 2013 E350 4Matic with Premium 2, Lane tracking, package with Steel Grey Metallic exterior in Illinois. The MSRP is $62,425. What is the best deal I can get this month, any year end savings? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • bzjambzjam Member Posts: 12
    I bought a similarly equipped e350 but not a 4matic and got $8600 off a month ago.
    I'm looking to buy 2013 E350 4Matic with Premium 2, Lane tracking, package with Steel Grey Metallic exterior in Illinois. The MSRP is $62,425. What is the best deal I can get this month, any year end savings? Please let me know. Thanks.

Right now, there is a $4000 incentive on E350's, however I don't know if it applies to 4-Matics - you should check with the dealer - it might only be on the rear wheel drive cars. I heard that there is a $2000 incentive on the 4-Matic. Again, you need to check on this at several dealers.

Let's assume you can get a $2000 incentive on your desired car. Invoice is about $58,000 so subtract the incentive from invoice and you are at $56000. I would offer $56250 and see what they say.

If you build the car here on Edmunds, they will show you what the average person is paying without that little known incentive. This assumes a $2000 incentive. If it is $4000, subtract $4000 from invoice.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• mrtranmrtran Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in the market for an E350 sedan either new (2012/2013) or CPO 2010/2011, black exerior, light color interior. Not sure where to start and how to determine the best price for the car?
    Any help is truly appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • trasteveretrastevere Member Posts: 4
    2013 E350, with P2 Package, Lane Tracking, Wheel Locks, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel, Diamond Silver Metallic, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Interior, Comfort Box, MB-Tex, Split Folding Rear Seats, Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler, Wheel Package. MSRP: $62,445. Cash Price: $54,445. I also added on MB Tire and Wheel policy, Dent Zone Policy, LoJack, MB 5 yr or 50k mile prepaid maintenance, Resist-All for interior and exterior, and Cargo Tray for a combined $3,664, including a $900 combined discount. With TTL and other fees, the OTD price was $61, 927.96. I had no trade-in. The dealer got me 2.99% for 66 months, with a credit rating of 801. I'm keeping my old car, though, a 1996 Ford with some 170,000 miles. She's been good to me...
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Im considering the same car, without rear spoiler or split folding seats...> Where are you located?
    I went to the dealer in Grapevine, a suburb of Dallas.
  • jagostjagost Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    I just purchased a 2013 E350, with P1 and P2 Package, Lane Tracking, Parktronic, Blindspot, active seats (messages back and legs while driving), vented seats for AC and heat, sports package with AMG rims, leather seats, cargo box. The car cost 64K, I got a discount of 7K from USAA (4K from USAA and 3K from dealer), that brought it down to 57K. I paid 4K in taxes (no trade in) and 2.6K for two year 75K extended Mercedes Benz warranty. The dealer got me 1.9 percent load from GTE credit union. USAA is offering 2.2 percent.

Not sure if I overpaid for the 2-year additional warranty up to 75K because I read in some places between 2000 and 2400, and I paid 2.6K including taxes. But I'm happy because it will allow me to keep my car longer, and if I trade it in after 5 years it will add value to the trade. Rides greats, super quiet. I cannot feel the engine running while stopped. And it feels like those Cadillac of yester-year (very smooth and comfortable.
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    Sounds like a nice car. But the extra warranty usually won't transfer to a dealer. If it is still covered you'll get some prorated cash back. It will transfer if you sell privately. Check out pentagon federal credit union! Last I saw was 1.5 for 60 months. U just have to donate 15 bucks to their charity and ur in like Flyn. I own a 2007 e350 4matic. Nice car. Traded my accord v6 for it. Paid 32500 in April 2010. No xtra warranty but cpo for extra year. My front axle went at 34000 miles right after warranty ended. I only had to pay labor of $1005!!! Said it was a 3000 part. Damn 4matic!!! It happens a lot apparently
    I ordered my Mercedes E350 and it will be coming into port on February 6th. I was wondering if anyone knows how much the conquest money will be for February?
    edited February 2013
    I just finished ordering my 2014 E350 Sport Sedan which has been redesigned for 2014. Production is scheduled for mid-March and delivery sometime in April/May. They discontinued the P2 Package and replaced it with more a la carte options. Also discontinued is natural beige leather (a terrible decision on their part).

Base MSRP IS $52,000 (according to my dealer)

I ordered the car as follows:

Iridium Silver Metallic
    Black Leather (required with ventilated seats)
    Premium 1 (same as 2013 option)
    Keyless-Go Package (includes electric trunk open/close and keyless start/entry)
    Ventilated Seats
    Lighting Package (full LED headlights and LED daytime; curb illumination; high beam assist; adaptive lighting; multicolor interior ambient lighting)
    Wood Leather Steering Wheel for Sport
    AMG Wheel Package with sport Steering Wheel
    Rear Spoiler
    Illuminated Door Sills
    Wheel Locks

MSRP expected to be $65,000+

Looking forward to taking delivery. The 2014 Sport will be significantly different from the luxury model - no more Star hood ornament and CLS 550 instrument cluster - new dash and new seats.

2021 Genesis G90

You are going to love your new car. But the 2014 E-class is a design refresh. The next-generation E-class will arrive in 2015. And unless you forgot to list some additional options, the $13,000+ addition to the base price seems high.
    edited February 2013
    You are going to love your new car. But the 2014 E-class is a design refresh. The next-generation E-class will arrive in 2015. And unless you forgot to list some additional options, the $13,000+ addition to the base price seems high.

Well, I forgot the lane-tracking package for $900, so add that.

$52000.00 +

$900.00 (Lane tracking)
    $4500.00. (Premium package)
    $1500.00. (Lighting package)
    $850.00. (Keyless Go w powered open/close trunk)
    $1700.00 (leather)
    $760.00. (Metallic paint)
    $550.00. (Wood leather steering wheel)
    $750.00. (AMG wheel package)
    $350.00. (Rear spoiler)
    $450.00. (Ventilated seats)
    $800.00. (Illuminated door sills)
    $910.00. (Shipping and transportation)

As you can see, it adds up. Keyless go package includes some of what P2 pkg used to have above and beyond keyless go.

These prices are estimated and will probably be higher with the devalued US dollar.

As for design refresh, this is a refresh for the luxury version, but a major change for the sport version. I was told that the predicted body change for 2015 has been delayed for 2 years. That's why I'm buying now rather than 18 months from now.

2021 Genesis G90

edited February 2013

I just got off the phone with my sales manager at my :( dealership whom I know personally. He tells me that there won't be a body change in 2015! He said the Mercedes Benz marketing and sales people were at his dealership last week for meetings about upcoming vehicles. The question about the E Class overhaul which was originally scheduled for 2015 has been moved back because of the more than 4500 new parts and changes being made to the 2014. Normally it would have been a refresh, but this was more than just a refresh.

Dashboard is almost a duplicate of of the 2013 CLS 550. Electric steering; ECO start/stop, foot release for trunk, thicker and more comfortable seats, 7" display (was 6"), new air vents, new lighting front and rear, addition of 100% LED lighting package, entirely new front end for sport model, entirely new sheet metal for rear quarter panels, completely new ambient lighting, increased use of natural woods, to name a few.

The most recent info puts the revamp of the E Class in 2016 or 2017.

That's what I have available at this juncture.

Production on the 2014's begins after March 3rd. My car is scheduled for production between March 15-31. Release date for the 2014's is tentatively scheduled for May 1, 2013.

2021 Genesis G90

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Mike.....that sounds like a sweet car. Can't wait until you get it to hear about it.

Would love to get my hands on your "nearly new" trade-ins" sometime.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Would love to get my hands on your "nearly new" trade-ins" sometime.

All it takes is a one way trip down to south Florida, graphicguy. The one I have now is a Diamond White 2013 with natural beige leather, Premium 2 Pkg, rear spoiler, AMG Wheel Pkg, Lane Keeping and Blinds Spot Pkg., Wood/Leather Sport Steering wheel, Wheel Locks, Rear Comfort Box (in trunk), MSRP was $65,000.00. I have 4,500 miles on it and by the time the new one gets here, it will probably be closer to 6000 miles.

I expect him to give me about $51,000 for the trade - the car has no dings, scratches, etc. and is actually showroom condition. I usually make out better with a trade since I don't pay sales tax on the trade - saves me about $3000 in taxes. I would have to sell it for $54,000 to break even. A new one just like the one I have is selling for $57,500 (assuming conquest incentives).

So I usually just trade them since they give me top trade value for the cars I trade each year and then sell them almost immediately on their lot and make a few thousand for themselves.

I was up to the dealership this morning for a carwash and reviewed the order they placed. It will be the perfect car for me assuming I like what I see. If I don't like it, I will just keep this one.

2021 Genesis G90

Mike....sounds like a sweet car. If I were in the market, I'd fly down, write you a check, and take a coupe of days to drive home. :)
    FYI!

That pull ahead program is for leased vehicles only, unfortunately. As for special incentives like they mention, you can't use those in conjunction with USAA BUYING SERVICE, which is a $2000 below invoice deal - and I can use my $1000 Mercedes Club bonus with USAA. So I make out better the way I do it - requires the dealer to sell me the car below invoice.

I'm hoping there will be some additional incentives to bring in E Class owners to trade their E's on the newly revamped E.

My dealer ( I work with the GM ) is always up front with me on every incentive I can qualify for.

My fingers are crossed this time for the loyalty incentive from Mercedes Brnz Credit.

Thanks for the info, GG

2021 Genesis G90

Mike...I had read on several occasions that BMW and Mercedes were in a fight to gain market share in the U.S. Heated competition is always good for the consumer.

Is it in "bad taste" to ask your dealer for the VIP money from Mercedes?
    Is it in "bad taste" to ask your dealer for the VIP money from Mercedes

No, not with the relationship that I have with my dealership. But, you cannot combine certain incentives with other incentives. As I mentioned before, I can combine the USAA "below invoice price" with the Mercedes Benz Club of America Coupon for $1000. I can also combine the Mercedes Benz Financial Services Loyalty incentive (if it becomes available again) with the other two incentives. But you cannot combine any other incentives or discounts with those three.

When I traded in my Lexus (which I hated) for the 2013 Mercedes, I did not take the conquest incentive because I made out better with the USAA pricing below invoice plus Mercedes Benz Club coupon.

When my car comes in from Germany in late April, he will probably consider the VIP incentive, but I will still do better with USAA pricing, depending upon the pricing incentives they have available on the 2014's. Sometimes, at the beginning of a new model year, they give an amount below MSRP as their incentive, so the VIP incentive would be better for me. Whatever I do better with, that is what he gives me.

He does not mind selling me cars for very small profits or no profits because I send him so much business - besides, he always has a very good customer - according to him, his best customer.

We'll see what happens - I won't know until late April.

2021 Genesis G90

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    edited February 2013
    Never checked in here for advice before I made the move, but I recently leased a 2013 E350 Bluetec a few days ago. My first ever lease. I had been tempted a week earlier by a special sitting on the showroom floor - a P1 pano Bluetec with a $489 lease sign in the window, but with $3750 down. I really wanted P2, and a different color (special car is black on black).

I now have a white on black car with P2/pano/parktronic/lane tracking/power outlet/folding seat/spoiler. MSRP over 63K, they gave me a fair price for my old car, I threw in $3500 from that, payment is ~$570 + tax, 24 months, 10K/yr (I live close to work). I hope that's a fair deal, seemed to be cheaper than anything I had seen so far. I know they are blowing out these cars for the upcoming facelift, but I like the quad light design more.
  • gpp2gpp2 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Mike,
    I am looking at ordering a 2014 E350, but my dealer has no info, no delivery, nothing. Have you confirmed that yours has been built. I have a couple friends who just returned from Germany where they took delivery of a 2013 E350 Wagon and they said the 2014's were not in production yet - that was last week - they were at the plant!
    Also, I am interested in the Diamond White, but have never seen one. Is it more Ivory than White?
    edited March 2013
    I am looking at ordering a 2014 E350, but my dealer has no info, no delivery, nothing. Have you confirmed that yours has been built.

I did order mine - 2014 E350 Sport Sedan in Iridium Silver, Gray perforated Leather, Lane Tracking/Blind Spot Monitor, Ventilated Seats, Wheel Package, LED front Lighting Package, Rear Spoiler, Wood Steering Wheel, Wheel Locks, Comfort Box, Keyless Go Package, Premium Package.

It was ordered 5 weeks ago and is scheduled to be built April 2nd.

The ordering info has been available to dealers for 6 weeks, so either your dealer is an idiot or he is lying to you. My dealer already has 40 of them on order. Mine is expected to be here on or about the first week of May.

As for Diamond White, which is what I have now with Saddle Leather Interior (natural beige leather is discontinued for 2014), it is about $760 more than regular metallic paint, and about $1600 more than Polar White. The Diamond White is a bit off white whereas polar white is a true bright white. If the cost is not detracting you, get the Diamond White. Much more elegant that a white enamel.

2021 Genesis G90