Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• mollymaxmollymax Member Posts: 25
    Is the names of my female cat and Max my male cat.............I'm a male. Anyway you are right about the bolster's filling up with air and holding you in the seats during turning maneuvers. Wish my Z06 Corvette had that option. The massage function is pretty neat..........my wife likes that on her back. The ventilated seats are "COOL". Another nice option is the 6 disk CD player that you load from the dash. The GPS is not as good as the Magellion Roadmate 700 (understatement).
  • suntan1suntan1 Member Posts: 6
    Deepest apologies, mollymax! My bad! :blush:

Hmmm....now you're really making me wonder if we shouldn't have gone with the DD seats rather than the leather upholstery and wood steering wheel....sigh.
    When I used the cats names I didn't think it too much about it, but now I guess I should have. In the long run the DD seats could be a liability if the air bags or air pump fail. Enjoy your leather seats ..............and the wood steering wheel looks real rich.
  • sacguysacguy Member Posts: 27
    Don't know where you are located but I got my 2006 E350 at $2700 below invoice at Laguna Niguel, CA. Good Luck!

This would be the deal of the century, there are no incentives or marketing support money on the 06 E350. The invoice, less 3% holdback, is the dealers actual cost to purchase the vehicle from MB. On a completely loaded MB E, the 3% would amount to about $1,800.00 less than invoice. So the dealer is selling below cost to this gentleman at $2,700.00 less than invoice and this does not include the dealers advertising, overhead, vehicle prep and commision costs. At that price the dealer may not last long!
  • suntan1suntan1 Member Posts: 6
    Maybe he means the MSRP. As you know, the dealers tend to stick that page of details with the MSRP price on the window of the new cars. Maybe he thought that was the "invoice"?

Separately, is the dealer's invoice price really the *actual* price that the dealer pays MB for the car? I mean, do they get other "discounts" like maybe bulk discounts, etc, that would lower the unit price in a way that is not reflected on the invoice? The reason I ask is that the dealer showed me the invoice for my new E350 and the price he offered me was around $500 below that. I don't really think he would actually sell me a car at a loss, would he?
    See title above.........
    Is now the base price MSRP with no options.
  • maier_oregonmaier_oregon Member Posts: 1
    1st time MB owner. Would appreciate comments on what to expect next 20K, I only drive 8-9K per year. Thank you.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Does anyone know when MB stopped the free scheduled maintenance program. Is this like MB where they did everything for free including brakes? Or is it just for oil changes, rotation, etc.? I like the look and feel of the E-class but with options I'm looking at around $55k for a new one. I'm looking at 03 or 04's for arounf $40k. Anyone know when MB supposedly fixed alot of their electrical problems? Also, if I buy used, how do I know if all the electrical problems have been fixed? Which year new body E-class had the least amount of problems? Thanks
    ttt
  • scooby6scooby6 Member Posts: 9
    Your deal is about the same I received. I paid no money down other than first month payment. 39 months at $725. So my total costs over the 39 month period are $28,275 compared to your total cost over the same period of $28,322. So in the end, our deals are near identical as far as cash out. Mine has the Premium package (DVD + prem stereo+ DDSeats), Sunroof Package, metallic paint.
  • guitarplayer1guitarplayer1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an 02 E320. Has 25,600 miles and is in just perfect condition. Paid $29.700. I also bought the extended warranty which takes it till October 2008 for an additional $2,700 with tax. After hearing of all the electrical issues I bought the warranty. Did I do OK?
  • dealseeker3dealseeker3 Member Posts: 1
    Is that out the door including tax, destination, etc
  • jdls22jdls22 Member Posts: 7
    Hello guys, great BB..I am looking to lease a new 2006 E-350. I live in the NY/NJ market. I have been seeing some internet deals at around $399 per month. Are they to be believed? I mean I am looking for a pretty good deal, I am willing to put some money down.

Any give me an idea on where I should be a on lease for an 06'

thanks
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Guitarplayer.... I have a 2000 E430 sport with 30,750 miles... looks like you got a great price for a 2002. In my opinion, I think the 2002 and earlier models have less problems than the new 2003 and newer ones.

I have had very few problems' I'll have my car six years on Oct. 16th. Recently, I had the back window regulators replaced on both sides. I don't understand why they break? At $275 each, it's no picnic!

Other than that, my "E" has been really good and reliable. The air is ice cold. I just had new brake pads put on the front.

I think you will have a wonderful experience so keep us posted.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • rayngrayng Member Posts: 70
    Is a quote from a socal dealer for an 06 plat blue with 524 sunroof and 6-disk changer plus destination for $47359 or $51693.58 otd a good deal?
  • blissfulblissful Member Posts: 84
    Does anyone know whether dealers will "deal" on the MSRP less 7% for Euro delivery? I'm looking for combination of parktronic and lighting package on a CDI (along with quite a few other "goodies") and cannot find a 2005 available.

I understand drive dynamic seats are no longer available in '06 vehicles. So, either someone somewhere has just the '05 I'm looking for (preferably white with almost every option) or I order it. Seems like Euro delivery beats all the other "deals" one can negotiate, or am I wrong about this?

I live in Oregon.

Any thoughts? :confuse:
  • ccmbduong1ccmbduong1 Member Posts: 49
    I bought my '96 E320 with 35K miles in 2000, so far it's a joy to drive. I change Mobil1 oil every 10K, new spark plugs every 30K, transmission oil every 60K, other than that it's been trouble free. I heard that this engine has a chance to have a head gasket problem, probably less than 50/50 chance, but more prone than other engines. Other than that I am not aware of any inherit problems,. Take care of your car, it will love you back
  • pugglepuggle Member Posts: 7
    its a know fact that most e classes have regulators problems only for the rear windows. see is you can find a service /recall order on this problem. i worked for mb and this was a common complaint. sometimes they will extend warranty if they have alot of complaints on a perticular problem.
  • pugglepuggle Member Posts: 7
    they stopped it this yr 2005 it did not include brake pads only bmw includes pads..
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Are you currently shopping for a vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you to learn how important fuel efficiency is to you as you make your decision.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2005 with a few thoughts on the subject.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ctic1ctic1 Member Posts: 6
    Just posted on the other topic as well, I got the advertised E350 lease deal at $549/month, 39months, $2950 down, 10K year.

I have been driving MBs for 7 years now and they always have mucho electrical problems. Was not a problem when it was under warranty but cost a lot to fix out of pocket. Had a headlight that went out recently, not fixed by replacing the headlamp itself. The dealership traced the problem to some kind of sensor and charged me $250 to fix it. Apparently, it was the sensor that senses when the headlight goes out, funny, but I don't need a sensor to tell me that.

My last car was needing several more electrical fixes, so instead of paying to fix it we decided to trade it in instead. I think that's how we're going to go from now on, just keep leasing so we won't have to worry about repair costs.
  • murph5murph5 Member Posts: 5
    I have been researching E320's for about three months now, this is what I have discovered - 2005 is the year the scheduled maintenance stopped. 2002 (before model change) and 2004 have had the least problems, but, that's not saying much. I've been trying to find someone that has a 2004 pre-owned that has gone through the recalls for 2004, which is for brakes and electrical. I've seen allot of issues about new, but, not sure about pre-owned. The dealership in south atlanta would not work with me because they said they couldn't make money off of me. Fortunately, I knew to buy a warranty from an independent company, have my own financing and had no trade in. Then, after I provided them with proof that other dealers are selling the 2004 for 10K less than they are, they would not budge.
    The dealers in Atlanta are not competitive with the prices in other states, and I am wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a dealer in Atlanta or can recommend the dealership in Nanuet, Smithtown, or have even bought one from a Lexus dealer, and had a good experience. Their prices are so much better, but I don't know if the Lexus dealers have fixed the recalls, etc Looking for a 2004 E320, pre-owned..........
  • stormybmwstormybmw Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a new mb e350 and was quoted for $2750 off invoice. the reason is if you finance thru mb credit they are giving $2000 off the price of the car. The dealer is willing to take a hit on their holdbacks. I hope this might help somebody out buying a new car. FYI
    I 'm in the san francisco bayarea
  • stormybmwstormybmw Member Posts: 3
    I'm going to pick my e350 today. I ended up paying $4800 off invoice. autobahn motors and sf mercedes were extremely competitive with each other. :)
  • miymemiyme Member Posts: 6
    i just left a mb dealership this evening where i was berated for not relenting in my offer of $44,000 for a 2005 E320 whose MSRP was 43888. Please keep in mind that this 44 was "out the door"; am I off-base or was that not a fair price to offer? If not, what should one expect to pay---reasonable deal-wise on an 05 w/ interest included....Anyone?
    i just left a mb dealership this evening where i was berated for not relenting in my offer of $44,000 for a 2005 E320 whose MSRP was 43888. Please keep in mind that this 44 was "out the door"; am I off-base or was that not a fair price to offer? If not, what should one expect to pay---reasonable deal-wise on an 05 w/ interest included....Anyone?
  • blissfulblissful Member Posts: 84
    I thought there was a $3000 dealer holdback/incentive on all '05s. I could be wrong. However, it seems you ought to be able to purchase for under MSRP. What price were they asking?? Perhaps you ought to look at other dealerships...
  • coccacocca Member Posts: 7
    A private party is willing to sell a White w/beige leather 2003 E320 w/11k miles RWD. It has leather, moonroof, heated seats.
    He says he will consider $33,500.
    Is that a good deal for a NJ car?

Also, I live and work in alot of hills. Is this thing going to be o.k. in real world snow when they don't plow and I need to get to work (25deg. grade) or home (25deg. grade w/a left into my driveway!!! - turn plus giant hill!!!!!)? Am I going to leave it at the bottom and walk??? HELP :confuse:
  • coccacocca Member Posts: 7
    I just posted above and have found another car and alternate to the RWD. A dealer has a 2002 E430 4-matic, w/33k miles, navigation, cd changer, leather heated seats, integrated phone, xenon lights w/washers for $33,500 w/another year on the 1yr/100k Starmark Warranty. It's dark blue w/beige inside.

Is that a good deal? Is it better for me than the RWD 2003 E320 above?

really, really -> :confuse:
    Cocca, I have a 2000 E430 sport RWD... and I've had trouble in the snow/ice even with traction control. I would think an 4x4 suv would work better for you. My 2002 ML500 is AWD and I can go anywhere at anytime, I feel invincible when driving it.

As you know, the 2002E-class is the 'previous' style. The 2003 is the new style and had a few teething pains. I think they came out with electric brakes on that model. Someone here will probably chime-in with the correct info.

Whatever you pick, with a 25 degree grade in snowy weather, it has to be an AWD vehicle of some type.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    Miyme, I just don't understand your offer. :confuse: You made a higher than MSRP offer on a year-end 2005 unit and they wouldn't take it? You must be leaving out something. Sounds like your offer was very generous to me. From what I have seen, these cars on not pulling MSRP.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Mark :D
    this was at fletcher-jones in newport beach, ca. the MSRP was 43888....with taxes, lic, fees and interest they wanted 63,000 plus....i felt this was absurd!! especially since the car had 8500 miles on it already....the final negotiated price was 50,000 otd...i still felt this was too high was i right?
    hi mark,

no i didn't actually the MSRP was 43888, i offered 43,000 otd (incld tax, fees, interest etc)....the sales mgr went "ballistic" and commenced to yelling at me and demanded to know where I got such an asinine figure to offer them...i maintained my cool....told him that i was not accustomed to begging people to 'take' my money and left!! i am now looking for another dealership in the socal area (this was newport beach, ca. btw)
    Good Luck. I'm in Atlanta and the dealerships here basically told me they wouldn't sell me a car, because they couldn't make money off of me. They wanted 10K over the value of the 2004 E320's that are breaking every 2K miles. I did the interview with TIME magazine regarding my experience, read it online at TIME.com and type in mercedes and it will pull up. The reporter was really nice, but, I still can't find a dealership that's fair. They still want that bogus $489 documentation fee, guess there are not enough educated consumers and they don't know what to do when they find one. Look at bimmers, I am.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    You have your numbers mixed up. The "MSRP" could not have been $43888. Base MSRP on a 2005 E320 was $49220 including destination without any options. With the most common options like sunroof, CD, etc you are up in the low to mid fifties, and thats before taxes etc. Perhaps you are meaning "selling price". Otherwise, your numbers just don't make any sense and are certainly way below the actual MSRP.
    Miyme, I was just over at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach about a month ago. While my ML500 was being serviced, I looked over the lot and they have a huge inventory. I think they are known for the "highest" volume Mercedes dealer in the country.

So I'm thinking you meant to say "Invoice" instead of MSRP, right?

If Fletcher won't deal with you, there is a Mercedes dealer in Laguna Niguel and Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad and Penske Mercedes near Ontario (I think), so, you have a choice.

Good luck, Mark
  • bayareasubiebayareasubie Member Posts: 2
    Stormybmw

what dealer did you get the $4800 off invoice.
    Can you provide tips or steps to negotiate such a great deal?
    Names of the people you worked with?

your name?

thanks andrew
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    No dealership personnel names in the forums please.. Dealership name, city and state are fine, but that is it..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

yes, mark you're right actually...it wasn't msrp...it was "selling" price...the vehicle had 8400 miles on it so they were selling it used...however, i was saying with that selling price they were trying make me take it otd for $63,000....so my point was wasn't that too high??
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    MBUSA is aggresively advertising lease deals on E350 & 4matic. Dealers are also getting $3000 back from manufacturer. How much can you negotiate with dealer on selling price before you lease. E350 4matic is advertised for 569/month,10000 miles/year & 2900 cap cost reduction.
    Thanks
  • jmjinnjjmjinnj Member Posts: 15
    My friend just leased E500 4Matic with premium package & appearance package($68,000). His lease deal was like this. 1st month payment +Bank fees(895)+Reg.+Document fees=$2200.
    His monthly payments were 750/month tax included for NJ for 39 months. How is this deal? Can I do better than this?
  • socalshoppersocalshopper Member Posts: 2
    shopping prices for a purchase. Now Manuf has provided $3,000 additional support.
    Would Invoice minus $3,000 be a fair price?
    miyme, I've been away from this site... Looks like to me that $63,000 is too high for a car with 8,400 miles. Let us know if you find another one at a better price.

Mark :)
  • rocky17rocky17 Member Posts: 1
    hey! can you give name of dealrship & phone #

i am also intersted in 06 350 4matic
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    No phone numbers.. Please read the message in RED letters....

thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

hi mark,

i have been away awhile myself, well last negotiated price otd on the same vehilce 05 w/ 8400 miles was 50,000....as you can see i didn't bite now they're begging me to return...if all else fails i'll just settle for the infiniti m45!! ;)
  • byumbyum Member Posts: 13
    I'm finalizing the deal tomorrow when the car arrives. Any comments on this deal I got? Thanks

2006 E350
    - Premium Package
    - Sports Package
    - Lighting Package
    - ParkTronic

MSRP: $58345
    Price Negotiated: $48850 ($6000 below Invoice)
    Drive off: $3000
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Miles: 12k / year
    Payment: $605 including tax
  • u04919u04919 Member Posts: 9
    Here's the deal I got.

MSRP $58,800
    Price $50,000
    Drive off 0 ( except for 1st month and registration)
    39 months lease
    15K miles per year
    Payment $675 (tax included - california)