Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• sunny1919sunny1919 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Good thing you are not in my area looking for 2011s. My local dealer tried to sell me a 2011 E350 4Matic with 11,000 miles for $52,600. Considering he later offered me a new 2014 for $57,000, I had to laugh. I may be blonde, but I am not that dumb.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2013
    Ok, so I think I have finally decided on what I am going to custom order:

First of all, the USAA pricing will probably improve by the time your ordered car arrives (6-8 weeks from date of order). Right now, USAA is offering a $1500 off MSRP price, which is probably going to improve to something below invoice. My dealer sold me my car at $1500 under invoice + another $1000 for MBCA certificate for a total of $2500 under invoice + 2 maintenance services (1 A service and 1 B service). But I buy a new car from the dealer every year.

Secondly, in 6-8 weeks, the 2014 Sedans will be discounted deeper.

I would not agree to a final price until the car arrives. Is your dealer requiring a deposit to order the car for you? Most dealers will order a car from their allocation without a deposit - but I would not give him more than $500 which he must agree can be refundable to you - contingent on final pricing to your satisfaction.

So long as you know what you want - order it but contingent on the USAA pricing at the time of delivery. Good luck - sounds like a nice car.

Mine is equipped with leather because I ordered it with ventilated seats which is a must down here in south Florida.

2021 Genesis G90

• syd3nsyd3n Member Posts: 14
    but I would not give him more than $500 which he must agree can be refundable to you - contingent on final pricing to your satisfaction.

Great tip! Most dealers, including this one, have been asking for a $500 deposit, but I never thought to ask if it was refundable. I just assumed it was gone if I didn't agree to buy the car.

So it looks like the USAA discount was much better for the 2014's when you ordered your car. Looking at your older posts I see that you ordered in February. I wish I had ordered then too!

The current USAA discount sounds relatively bad. I did some digging into the older posts in this thread and from the looks of it, the discounts seemed to be better at the same time last year. I am hoping the discounts are much better in a couple of months when the car is actually delivered.

I actually kept flip flopping between the Iridium/Black & Black/Beige. But finally decided to go with the latter as I used to own a Silver car before and want something different this time. Chose MB Tex over Leather because a few forum posts hinted that it was easier to maintain than leather...and its cheaper. But ventilated seats sound nice...I might regret not getting that option one warm day but I didn't feel it would be worth it for the relatively fewer warm days we get up here in Virginia. But I do a lot of long distance driving so I am really looking forward to Distronic Cruise Control!
    edited June 2013
    Great tip! Most dealers, including this one, have been asking for a $500 deposit, but I never thought to ask if it was refundable.

I think you misunderstood what I said. The USAA pricing is the same now as it was when I took delivery - $1500 under MSRP. But because I am a very good customer at my dealership, they sold me the car for invoice and then applied the $1500 incentive for USAA pricing. Then, they took another $1000 off for my Mercedes Benz Club of America.

You have to understand something about how these discounts are applied:

These are both FLEET DISCOUNTS. That means that the dealership receives $1500 from MBUSA for the USAA coupon i submitted and another $1000 from MBUSA for the MBCA coupon. The dealership gets his money in the form of a "credit" from the manufacturer. USAA and MBCA give nothing to the dealership. These are discounts offered by the manufacturer for membership in the MBCA and USAA.

So, as you can see, if you can find a dealership willing to sell you a car at invoice,and then apply the fleet discounts, it brings the sale price below invoice.

From your post, it sounds like the dealership taking $5000 off MSRP. He will then receive $1500 as a credit from MBUSA. Do he is actually selling you the car at $3500 below MSRP, which, for many customers/buyers, is a good price.

I've read on this forum that some posters bought their 2014's for $7000+ below invoice - a price even I can 't negotiate with my dealership. And those posters claim they don 't qualify for MBCA discounts or USAA pricing. So take it for what it's worth. Just remember that a 2014 (which Mercedes just released 6 weeks ago) discounted $3500 off MSRP is a very good price. But I do believe that by the time hour car arrives, USSA pricing could be $2500 below invoice.

I hope this helped you understand fleet discounts and how they work. The are completely different than incentives.

2021 Genesis G90

So it looks like the USAA discount was much better for the 2014's when you ordered your car. Looking at your older posts I see that you ordered in February. I wish I had ordered then too!

The USAA pricing is effective as of the day you buy the car, not the day you order the car. So, you cannot apply the USAA pricing to your new car until it is paid for.

As an example, the USAA pricing has been $1500 since April 20th. But, in July, when you get your car, it will have changed, usually for the better. Thus, you print out your USAA certificate the day you buy the car and that pricing will be as of that day, not as of the day you ordered the car.

The same is true when you lease. Residuals and money factors are as of the day you lease the car, because residuals change and so do interest rates.

My doctor is going to order a 2014 S Class for delivery in October/November when his current lease is up. All you can do is negotiate the cap cost of the vehicle at the time you order it. But money factors and residuals won't be known until he takes delivery so he does not know what the final cost of his monthly payments will be until the delivery date.

2021 Genesis G90

I hope this helped you understand fleet discounts and how they work. The are completely different than incentives.

You gave me some extremely helpful info...very much appreciated!

I also confirmed with my dealer that the deposit is refundable. Going to order this week with an estimated late July delivery! Hoping that the USAA discount improves significantly by then. I can't wait either way.
  • skippy19skippy19 Member Posts: 7
    That's rather comical. I would of chuckled loudly and left at that point. Some of the 2011 E350 CPO prices seem rather high to me.

Any other folks out there like to weigh in what a 2011 CPO E350 4 matic W/P1 (10-20k mile) should be going for?
    Any other folks out there like to weigh in what a 2011 CPO E350 4 matic W/P1 (10-20k mile) should be going for?

A super clean 2011 4Matic with less than 20,000 miles, certified, should go for around $42,000 +/- $2,000 depending on color, with or without leather, options over and above P1.

2021 Genesis G90

• solidgranitesolidgranite Member Posts: 5
    Great info here everyone. My buddy is going to buy a 2014 550 and we're torn on whether to order or buy something on the lot. Any opinions on what kind of discounts we can expect going with something on the lot versus ordering? In my opinion we can get a heavier discount on something already in stock but then again the car is still a bit new and fresh keeping pricing up a bit. I think $7500 off MSRP a 550 on the lot is quite good with $6000 off coming in as a solid deal. Anything less and it's average at best.

Thoughts?
    abacomike thank you very much for weighing in. I've been reading all your E350 posts, and you're certainly a man with his finger on the pulse. I really appreciate your opinion.

Later today I'll be looking at a CPO E350 4Matic, Steel Grey, P1 Package, 20.5k miles, and as far as I'm aware there's nothing included over and above P1. I'll know how clean it is once I see it, and opening price I'm being quoted is $40k.

Do you know what sort of Price the 1 or 2 year extended warranty should be, and does this vary dependent upon location? I figure we'll likely be interested in that should this work out. I recently got quoted around $1,500 for 1yr and $2,500 for 2 year on another vehicle at another location. Presumably, this is negotiable?

Thank you.
    I'll know how clean it is once I see it, and opening price I'm being quoted is $40k...

The CPO means "certified pre-owned" and that is why I quoted you what I did. I am now assuming the car is not certified since you are looking for an extended warranty.

A CPO is warranted for 5 or 6 years and up to a total mileage on the odometer of 100,000 miles. Extended warranties through Mercedes Benz (that's the only warranty I would buy) is negotiable with the deal. Now, you are up to 43 - 45 K for a 2011. I would insist that the dealer certify the car through Mercedes Benz and I would pay no more than $42,000 for the car. See what he says.

2021 Genesis G90

Saw and test drove the vehicle this evening.

Mercedes CPO E350 4Matic Sport:
    Steel Grey, P1, Black MB-Tex, Black Ash Wood Trim (No split seats or rear spoiler)
    MSRP $56,720 before dest & delivery when new
    20,500 miles
    In service date 10/2011

Carfax shows involved in accident when 7mths old, rear end collision involving rear end impact.

Reason I was asking about extended warranty was that we were considering keeping the car 5-10 years, so figured the 2 year 135,000 extended warranty was the way to go, as the 5yr 100k CPO warranty ends 10/2015, thoughts?

Asking price is $40k. Thoughts on what would be a good deal including the 2 year extended warranty (quoted $2,800 on that)? Should we be concerned regarding the accident?

Thank you
    edited June 2013
    Asking price is $40k. Thoughts on what would be a good deal including the 2 year extended warranty (quoted $2,800 on that)? Should we be concerned regarding the accident?

PASS ON THE DEAL!

You certainly can find a car that has not been involved in a rear end collision!

For a few thousand more, you can get a new one - something you can keep for 10 years! Try for a 2013 - they are discounting them $10,000+!

You want a car that is CLEAN with no accident history.

2021 Genesis G90

For a few thousand more, you can get a new one - something you can keep for 10 years! Try for a 2013 - they are discounting them $10,000+!

You want a car that is CLEAN with no accident history.

abacomike, thank you for confirming our thoughts. We thought about it last night and decided it wasn't for us, accident and all. We previously considered a new 2013, but weren't sure it was worth the stretch. I'm going to have a look around and see if there's anywhere somewhat close that still has a 2013 left that would fit our needs, and also keep looking out for a good CPO. Many thanks again.
    Abacomike, been searching a bit further afield and have come up with this vehicle.

Mercedes CPO E350 4Matic Luxury:
    Capri Blue, P1, Almond MB-Tex, Walnut Burl Wood Trim, Wood/leather steering wheel (No split seats or rear spoiler)
    11,500 miles
    In service date 12/2011
    Clean Carfax

Asking $44k

You think $40k is a fair price on this?

Thank you.
    You think $40k is a fair price on this?

Luxury model will ride softer, tires will wear better. I wouldn't go any higher than $40,000 including Mercedes extended warranty for the longest term and mileage. See what they say. If they are willing to warrant the car for the 7 year long mileage term, I might give them $41-$42 K.

So long as it is a clean car - no damage, good tires and service history.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

Good point re the Luxury version.

We were willing to pay $42 inc. the 7yr warranty, but they wouldn't budge from $42.6 not inc. warranty. That's far too high I think, so we passed.

Shame really, as the other half really wanted this one.

Thank you.
  • dankc1dankc1 Member Posts: 1
    my msrp for 2014 luxury e350 is coming in at 65000 even. looks like with usaa, people are able to get about 5k off msrp? is that about the best? what did you get? if in extended philly area and got a good deal with someone and you can provide the dealership/salesguy, let me know.

the only option i'm confused on is LED pkg. literature mentions that it has the "curve" ability, and of course the auto highbeams which i don't care about. is that it? or is there more than just the curve ability? are there more LED lights around the car, different light styling. literature also mentions LED ambient lighting inside, but doesn't mention if it is standard or not. just looking for a comprehensive list (or what you know) of differences in lights if i buy LED package. thanks!
    my msrp for 2014 luxury e350 is coming in at 65000 even. looks like with usaa, people are able to get about 5k off msrp? is that about the best?

Some previous posters claimed they got $7K or $8K below invoice with no USSA or other incentives or fleet discounts. That would be $3,000 to $4,000 below invoice - somewhat suspicious on a brand new 2014 E350. I had USSA and MBCA fleet pricing and I bought mine for $58,000 (MSRP was $64,850).

Remember, MBUSA reimburses the dealer for the $1500 USAA fleet pricing, so you should be able to get it for $1000 - $1500 under invoice. There are volume dealers who might be willing to take a deal like that.

As for Lighting Package, I have that. It gives you curve illumination, cornering lights (at a turn with directionals on), adaptive high beam assist (you leave hi beams on all the time and the sensors automatically go to low beams if you get behind a car at night or if it senses oncoming lights. It also gives you "full" LED lighting on the front which the standard model does not. LED headlights are standard, but not full LED's.

Perimeter lighting is standard inside the car with a choice of three colors - light blue LED's, or pastel pink or yellow/white.

2021 Genesis G90

my msrp for 2014 luxury e350 is coming in at 65000 even. looks like with usaa, people are able to get about 5k off msrp? is that about the best? what did you get? if in extended philly area and got a good deal with someone and you can provide the dealership/salesguy, let me know.

I think you are referring to my post about being only able to get $5k off MSRP for a 2014 E350 Sport. But as abacomike pointed out, the final price will be decided when the car is actually delivered, which will be 6 to 8 weeks from now. The current USAA discount expires on July 1st, so there should be a better discount after that, and hopefully it is off the Invoice price and not the MSRP like it is currently. Currently the USAA discount is only $1500 off the MSRP. Looks like my dealer is giving me their own discount of $3k before tacking on the USAA discount. I'm hoping that if someone else is getting better deals they will post on the forum soon.

My recommendation is to look in the NY/NJ area around NYC...they seem to sell a higher volume of cars in that area and you might be able to find better deals there.

If you are custom ordering, something to keep in mind - I just put in my order this week and my dealer notified me that the panoramic sunroof and the standard sport 18" wheels are backordered right now with no concrete ETA. Luckily, they already had a car with pano roof in their order queue which they were able to modify for me. But I had to switch to the AMG 18" wheels so that I could still keep an early August delivery date. Not complaining though...as IMO these wheels look a lot better than the standard :)
    edited June 2013
    ...IMO these wheels look a lot better than the standard...

I think I mentioned this before:

I ordered my car with Sport Package, 18" AMG wheels and Wood Leather Steering wheel for sport, along with all the other options. The car comes in with standard wheels, wood/leather "flat" bottomed steering wheel (supposed to be available only in leather). I was so upset - the standard wheels can now be rotated but AMG wheels cannot be rotated.

So my dealer, at no charge to me, took a set of AMG wheels off another new car and replaced my standard wheels. They inquired for me why I got the flat bottomed wood steering wheel instead of the round one, and they could not explain the oddity. The CLS550 comes in wood steering wheel flat bottomed, but the E Class only comes in leather with the flat bottom. Probably confusion in the computer before manufacture.

So I got what I wanted, and more - I prefer the flat wood/leather steering wheel. But beware that you will not be able to rotate your tires - which I don't care about.

2021 Genesis G90

So my dealer, at no charge to me, took a set of AMG wheels off another new car and replaced my standard wheels.

I have to pay $500 more for the AMG wheels. And I didn't know that you can't rotate them...thanks for pointing that out...the dealership didn't even think to mention that to me! But is this true for the Sport 4Matic model too?

And thats crazy that you got the flat bottomed wood steering wheel that isn't even an option available for the e350! I too have ordered the optional round sport wood&leather steering wheel.
    ..thanks for pointing that out...the dealership didn't even think to mention that to me! But is this true for the Sport 4Matic model too?

No - 4MATIC's have the same size on all wheels.

As for flat-bottomed wood steering wheels, you are correct. You can't order one, but for some reason, that's how it came in. My 2013 had a round wood wheel.

If you order the AMG wheels, they add the flat bottomed leather steering wheel, but it kicks the order out if you order wood/leather.

Very strange ordering. Also, remember that mine was one of the first 2014's built. Even MBUSA does not know how I got s flat bottom wood steering wheel. They were willing to replace it with a found wood steering wheel, but I like the one I have better.

2021 Genesis G90

If you order the AMG wheels, they add the flat bottomed leather steering wheel, but it kicks the order out if you order wood/leather.

When they called me to tell me about the backorder for the standard sport 18" wheels and suggested the AMG wheel upgrade, I did confirm with them that they still had the round sport wood/leather steering wheel because as you said, the AMG wheels force the leather flat steering wheel option. I like the wood look better than the just leather look...hopefully they don't mess it up.
    When they called me to tell me about the backorder for the standard sport 18" wheels and suggested the AMG wheel upgrade, I did confirm with them that they still had...

If you go to "www.mbusa.com" and build your car with the AMG wheels and the wood/leather steering wheel, see what happens. If you are ordering the luxury model, it will be ok, but if you order the sport like I did it kicks it out

2021 Genesis G90

• cdl1213cdl1213 Member Posts: 15
    abacomike does your dealer offer the Morgan Stanley discount they do in pa
    abacomike does your dealer offer the Morgan Stanley discount they do in pa

The coupons I used were "fleet" (USSA and MBCA) which cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or incentives. If I take incentives, I lose the fleet discounts.

In answer to your question, I did not bother to ask for the above reasons.

2021 Genesis G90

• cdl1213cdl1213 Member Posts: 15
    If you are able to invest with them you get a better discount than usaa or mbca , a lot better
    If you are able to invest with them you get a better discount than usaa or mbca , a lot better

Good to know for the next time - however I do not invest with them.

2021 Genesis G90

• kml337kml337 Member Posts: 5
    There is a 2012 E350 RWD with P1 package and 5500 miles that a local non-MB dealer is asking $42000 and I am trying to bargain with him to lower the price to $41000. This car is not a CPO and only has the original 4yr/50000 mile warranty.
    Please let me know if $41000 is a fair price for this car.

Thanks
    KML
    Please let me know if $41000 is a fair price for this car.

Definitely, considering the low mileage! The problem is that I can't see the car to determine paint work, body work, etc.

Do you have a CARFAX on the car? If not, demand one. That will tell you the date the car was first registered and what services, if any, we're performed on the car including warranty work. It will also tell you if the car was involved in a collision if repaired.

I think it is worth a few hundred dollars to have a specialist familiar with paint and body repairs go over the car before you buy it.

If everything is OK, then $41,000 is a good price!

2021 Genesis G90

• kml337kml337 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Abacomike,
    I have seen the carfax, it is clean - no accidents and no maintenance record(probably not even an oil change due to low miles). The car was used in florida for 5 months in the winter...
    If the dealer is not willing to bargain, is $42000 is good price?

Thanks,
    KML
    edited June 2013
    If the dealer is not willing to bargain, is $42000 is good price?

Yes, it is. Just make sure the oil has been changed and the engine runs smooth. My only concern is that the oil may not have been changed as required by the warranty. Oil must be changed once each year with full synthetic Mobil oil - as required in the warranty book.

If the oil is clean and there is evidence it was done according to warranty, then it sounds fine.

If the car sat on the heat 7 months z year, oil must be checked carefully.

2021 Genesis G90

• pjbrien1pjbrien1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all -

I'm trying to take advantage of the great deals that exist on the 2013 E350 AWD - I've found a couple of cars that would fit:

Silver/Black
    P1
    Driver Assist

Sure enough the first dealer I spoke to lowered his price from 60,500 to 49,999 after he realized i was an educated buyer- he then proceeds to tell me if I decide to lease he can only discount by $7000 instead of $10,500. Is this normal? I found another dealer who wanted $5,000 extra on leasing versus buying.

Have any of you seen similar on your journey?

Thanks for any advice!
    Anyone know how the just updated USAA fleet discount is structured? Up until recently it was $1500 off MSRP. But the amount is now showing up as $2500 on their website, but I can't determine if it is off Invoice or MSRP.
    Anyone know how the just updated USAA fleet discount is structured? Up until recently it was $1500 off MSRP. But the amount is now showing up as $2500 on their website, but I can't determine if it is off Invoice or MSRP.

I went to my USAA site and priced my car using their pricing. It is $2500 off MSRP but when I got down to final price, they showed a total discount off MSRP of $3424. You can do much better than that!

Remember, Mercedes reimburses the dealership for the $2500. So you should have no difficulty getting a deal "below invoice" with the USAA coupon you print up and submit. Just because they say "off MSRP" does not mean you can't negotiate the pricing below dealer invoice.

My car listed for $64350 + $500 for the AMG wheels they added and I paid $58000 with my $1500 USAA coupon and my $1000 coupon from MBCA. And remember, this was 2 months ago when they just hit the dealerships. Now, there is huge inventory on the E Class.

Let me know how you make out!

2021 Genesis G90

• samin66samin66 Member Posts: 1
    How much is a fair discount for a 2014 E350 coupe? My MSRP is coming in at $60,300. Dealer is offering $2k discount. Thx
    How much is a fair discount for a 2014 E350 coupe? My MSRP is coming in at $60,300. Dealer is offering $2k discount. Thx

$2000 is a "fair discount" on a brand new car. But you can get a "great discount" if you shop. $3000 would be better and I know there are those kinds of deals to be had.

Go to Edmunds new car pricing and determine the actual invoice of the car. Add $500 to that amount and then make them that offer.

I have found that coupes are not discounted as well as sedans.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    If the 2014's e350 coupes are out, they will be priced at a premium.

Look and see if there are any 2013 coupes available. Discounts are ranging around 12+% off of MSRP. Both model years are w212 chassis.

-ValleyGuy
  • indiansocalindiansocal Member Posts: 8
    Hey Guys!
    Im new here and was hoping for some advice. Im looking at purchasing a new 2014 E350 with Sports Package, Premium 1, Keyless Go and Lane Tracking Package. Any opinions on what the room for negotiation is? The MSRP im getting is around $59,650 and im looking to pay no more than maybe $52-$53K. I did hear that MB's margin is about 12%.
    ...pay no more than maybe $52-$53K. I did hear that MB's margin is about 12%.

The mark-up on a 2014 $60,000 E350 Sport is about 7%. Subtract transportation charges first. Then multiply the remaining amount by ,93 and then add back transportation cost.

$60,000 - $925 = $59,075 X ,93 = $54,941 + $925 = $55,866 which is invoice +/- $300. I don't know of any current incentives or dealer cash available. If you are a USAA member, or a Mercedes Benz Club member, you can buy the car for several thousand under invoice - if not, you will have your work cut out for you to buy the car at or below invoice.

The best way is to go to 3 dealerships and buy the car at the dealership with the lowest price. If you have a trade , then negotiations will be more complicated.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    abacomike is right, margin from invoice is about 7%.

I was told by 2 dealers that deeper discounts will be available for MY14 e350's in the Fall, once the higher demand for the new model has subsided.

If I was going to buy one, I'd wait until end of year if possible. The Winter Sales event we will see better lease support, discount coupons from the factory and more willingness to deal deep.

-ValleyGuy
    abacomike is right, margin from invoice is about 7%.

Without any fleet discount like USAA or MBCA, a reasonable price on a new 2014 E350 Sport Sedan would be $500 over dead invoice. You might be able to squeeze another hundred or so lower, however if you are interested in driving a new E Class, that is what it will cost you.

Edmunds can configure invoice of a new E 350 for you - just go to NEW CARS, select Mercedes, select E class sedan, add paint, interior, option and then they will show you invoice.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• guhoguho Member Posts: 14
    There is a Lexus dealer who has a 2012 E350 sedan with nav. in the color I like from a trade-in. It has 3 years left on factory warranty. He wants >45k for it. This makes no sense as 2013s were selling at 10k below MSRP. I offered $35k but he claims he can get 43k from the auctions. What would be a reasonable price? Mileage is 9k and car is not bare bones but well-equipped with nav. I have not seen the car yet. It has a clear title. Thanks!
    There is a Lexus dealer who has a 2012 E350 sedan with nav. in the color I like from a trade-in. It has 3 years left on factory warranty.

$45,000 is way too much for a car that is 2 model years old. The mileage is fine. What about CARFAX? Also, make sure the oil has been changed at least twice - at least once a year. What about visible damage, ping dents, evidence of any repainting?

I would offer him $42,000 if the car is immaculate.

2021 Genesis G90

• ROBERTBOBROBERTBOB Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Picked mine up last week. 6% discount but had a couple extras such as 3-year prepaid maintenance, which effectively made it a 7% discount. I didn't qualify for USAA, MBCA, Morgan Stanley, or other incentives. This is in NJ and the negotiating is much tougher here as are the attitudes. Thanks to those on the board who shared information -- it was a big help.
    Picked mine up last week. 6% discount but had a couple extras such as 3-year prepaid maintenance, which effectively made it a 7% discount

ROBERTBOB, that is an excellent deal on a 2014 E 350 Sport Sedan! Remember, they have only been out for 3 months. The pre-paid maintenance program from Mercedes for 3 years is worth about $900 in real dollars. When I got my car in April, I also got a 3 year maintenance policy, however I rarely keep a car long enough to use it.

One strange thing that happened to my car when they ordered it and manufactured it for me (which I might have posted here before) was the fact that the car was ordered with a Wood/Leather Steering Wheel and the AMG wheels. When you order the AMG wheels, which are $500.00, they automatically add a "flat" bottomed leather sport steering wheel for $290.00, however when the car came in, the AMG wheels were not on the car. BUT, the wood leather steering wheel on the car was the "flat" bottomed one. This was strange because they don't offer a "flat" bottomed Wood/Leather Sport Steering Wheel. It's either a "found" wood leather steering wheel or a flat bottomed leather only steering wheel.

Mercedes said the would correct the problem with the Flat Bottomed Wood Steering Wheel (which is only offered on the CLS550) by putting on a round one, but I really like the flat bottom which allows easier entry and exiting of the car from the driver's seat. To make a long story shorter, my dealer had the standard wheels (which are just ugly when compared to the AMG's) replaced with the AMG wheels at no cost to me. I am a very good customer of theirs (I buy a new E every year), but they sure stepped up to the plate on this.

The only thing about the AMG wheels is that you cannot rotate them. The standard wheels on the Sport can be rotated now (first time) as they are the same size all around. But AMG wheels are wider in the back than in the front.

Like I said, I don't keep a car long enough to worry about tires, so it didn't matter.

This new E350 Sport is one gorgeous car. I am going to keep this one until 2016 when they make the major body redesign on the E.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW E350 - you will love every minute!

2021 Genesis G90

• indiansocalindiansocal Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I visited the dealer and was able to get the dealer to offer me a 2014 E350 with Premium 1, Keyless go, Electronic Trunk Closer, Comfort Box and Rear Deck Spoiler for $50,000. The base price was $58,545. Im debating on whether I should take this deal now, or wait until later in the fall. Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.
    Im debating on whether I should take this deal now, or wait until later in the fall. Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.

And why would you wait? He is trying to sell you a brand new car WELL BELOW INVOICE! If you think you are going to get a better deal than that, you're out of your mind. Grab it before he changes his mind!

2021 Genesis G90

edited July 2013
    the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount

That is a great discount...around 14%! Would you be willing to share any details about the types of incentives, coupons, etc that might be part of this massive discount? USAA? MBCA?

Not going to make any difference to you at this point, but just wanted to mention that I noticed your base price ($58545) might include the Keyless-go ($650) and Electronic Trunk Closer ($560) as separate options. But the dealer is actually able to order these items as part of a package (Keyless-go package, $990) which costs a few hundred dollars less than ordering those items separately. I realize that on the mbusa website, you don't have the option to select the package, but the dealership has a different ordering system. Here's what it looked like on my invoice:

389 KEYLESS-GO Package $990
    P17 : Control Code
    871 : Hands-Free Access
    881 : Electronic Trunk Closer
    889 : KEYLESS-GO