Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• jerlamjerlam Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at leasing a E350 base with sports package too. I'm here in CA and was quoted a base price of $43,500. WIth a 29 month lease and $5,000 down, the monthly payment was about $450. With tax, about $480. Does that sound good? Average miles quotes in the lease was 15,000 per year.

Do you think I can negotiate the base price lower than $43,500 for the based E350 with sports package option, nothing else? Please help as I am thinking about leasing this car this coming weekend. Thanks everyone.
  • littlewonderlittlewonder Member Posts: 20
    Why don't you buy a 2006. They currently have an $8000 "marketing support" deal going on.
  • sklarinsklarin Member Posts: 4
    I think you should be able to do better... I live in CA as well. My car is a '07 e 350 with P1, Leather Seats, Sports package, 15,000 miles per year for 27 months. My MSRP is 55,250 approx.

I think your drive off is the major problem with the deal...With a total drive off of $2,000.00, do the deal... The dealer is getting money back from Mercedes Benz and will want to move the car befor the end of this year.

Good Luck.
  • travelguytravelguy Member Posts: 12
    I have been checking lease rates for a 2007 E350 4matic. The last offer I made was $615/month for 27 month lease and 15K miles/year. I am putting down $4000 plus paying taxes and title. Dealer thinks it is not enough.
    This is for a car with P2 package and MSRP of 58,635
    Any help is appreciated.
  • geocgeoc Member Posts: 15
    +Pano roof
    +P2 Pkg
    +Black/Black Cognac
    +Wheel/Tire hazard ins(new MB option)
    +Bluetooth
    +Spoiler
    If dealer can't locate this, will order. I sincerely hope the reliability/quality has improved!
  • walte320walte320 Member Posts: 3
    :shades: I just entered the realm of MB owner and wanted to post the deal.

The car is a 2000 E320. 1 owner. 48898 miles. CarFAX and all MB service records provided by the dealership (Star Motor Cars-Houston, TX). Listed for $14,995, drive out $14,173. I figure even with the 1,500 miles round trip from SW Georgia, it was worth it. The best deal I could find within 250 miles for the same model was over $18,000.
  • texoma1texoma1 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2001 MB E320 with 67877 miles with heated seats, a CD changer in the trunk and moon roof. A one owner, purchased new at this dealer, all maintenance and repairs done at dealer. Very good condition in and out. Not a scratch on paint...interior like new. Recent brakes. New Continental ProContact tires and oil change service by dealer after trade in. I too was seeing upper teen pricing all over the internet. Stopped by my local MB dealer 3 miles away.....made the deal same day.... yesterday. ( Thursday ) $ 15,509 plus TT&L. I guess Texas dealers must be going all out before the end of the year to make bonus. I am happy!! PS Live in North Texas
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Member Posts: 2
    07 E350 w/ P1 & Sports Package.
    $2165 total drive off.
    $594/month 15,000 miles/yr 27mos.

Was this a good deal?
  • mrpmrp Member Posts: 10
    mosesgolf,

That seems like a very reasonable deal to me. May I ask what state you made this deal in? Thanks.
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Member Posts: 2
    So. Cal at MB of Encino
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    Anyone have any current experience with taking delivery of their MB in Germany? My local dealer says that they will sell me one that way for 7% under U.S. MSRP. MBUSA website says much the same thing. Since I wasn't buying the day I stopped in, I did not try to negotiate with the dealer on price. Has anyone else bought a MB by negotiating down on the U.S. MSRP and then subtracting another 7%? I know that BMW publishes both a European delivery invoice and MSRP price and negotiations take place around those, not the U.S. MSRP.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Thats a good deal.

Anyone have numbers on an 18K yr lease?

Would like to be around $700 with fees.
  • dtexdtex Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a 2007 E350 4matic. The sticker price is $56900. What is the good deal I could receive, if so what is the best way to go about it? Any help is appreciated. I am new to this forum. I am from New Jersey.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    The 4matics are in short(er) supply, but I would anticipate you could get $1-3K off sticker price. FWIW, I have no experience with this model E.
  • dtexdtex Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a 2007 E350 4matic. The sticker price is $56900. What is the good deal I could receive, if so what is the best way to go about it? Any help is appreciated. I am new to this forum. I am from New Jersey. How should I go about getting a quote ( looks like the quote you got is below the invoice).
  • gs6mbgs6mb Member Posts: 1
    If you're happy with the car, you got a good deal. I just purchased a 2002 E430 4matic special edition (whatever that means) if anyone knows, I'd love to hear what it is. I think it might mean the interior wood or something is a different color. It has a sunroof, cd player, teleaid, built-in phone (that was not there), heated seats, mirrors that move when you put the car in reverse, you can operate everything by voice, and it is a beautiful car in mint condition. It had 37,400 miles on it. It was a certified Mercedes vehicle and came with a one year warranty. I then purchased an additional two year extended warranty, tire warranty, with wheel and rims included (it had brand new tires), window and paint protection (the paint protection is this tape stuff they put on to protect the paint). It was not ready at delivery time, so I got $500.00 towards parts and service at the dealership. I got 1.9% financing for 3 years. I paid $29,000.00 including what the interest will be after 3 years. I feel like I got a great deal. I wanted the 8 cylinder engine based on consumer reports and driving a 2006 that had no power. I live in New England and need the winter mode. It drives great in the snow. I am very happy with it.
    There is only one thing. When it is cold, if it does not warm up sufficiently. The ABS and other brake malfunction lights go on. It indicates there are 3 malfunctions. If I stop the car, and let it warm up longer, it's fine. Has anyone else had this problem? This has occurred on several occasions now. Once, it was about 2 degrees out (but had been in my 35 degree garage undriven for 3 or 4 days). It had been running for about 7 or 8 minutes before I drove it. When I got on the highway 10 minutes later, I was unable to drive over 50 mph. It began to vibrate and shake. When I dropped my kids off at school 10 minutes later, I pulled over and let it warm up a little more. It was fine after that. It has not happened again.
    I had bought a 1998 SLK 230 May 1,2006 for summer fun and just loved it. I have a private mechanic for that car, but went to my local dealership for a recall and was impressed with their service department, so had no hesitation to buy from them. I had a $40,000.00 2001 Chrysler T&C Minivan I paid cash for before this E car that was very luxurious inside, but I enjoy driving this much more. That car was worth nothing, even though it had only 51,000 miles on it and I ended up giving it away for $6500.00. So, I know these cars hold their value more. Good luck with your Mercedes! (Oh, I paid $15,000 for my mint 1998 SLK 230 with 87,000 miles on it in May of 2006 and got a great deal on that from a private party and love it!)
    Wow!!! Very good deal. Congrats!!!
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    dtex - The MB E350 4Matic is a great car. I think that you should be $500 - $1,000 over invoice even though inventory is quite low.

Matt
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    I have been leasing MB since 1979.....except for a Lexus I have has mostly E-class and 1 S-Class.....they have been good.

Getting a little bored and lease is up this week, I went to look at the Audi A6 and see the Residuals are terrible compared to the Mercedes. Also, I have learned that in Texas (I moved here from California)you pay the sales tax on MSRP when you lease and don't recapture any of it at end of term.....so buying may be a better option in this state.

How are the 2007's holding up? How are the deals going.....I went to one dealership, the only one in Austin and they took off $1100...I found that amusing.

So I am sitting here trying to decide on buying a MB again or eating the depreciation on an Audi when I don't even know the maintenence on an Audi but I know MB is decent.....not the same as years ago but decent.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Elliot
    How are the 2007's holding up? .....

All I can way is that now after seven mos., my '07 E350 has been bullet proof. It remains rock solid and fun to drive with great gas mileage as an added bonus.

Except for resale/depreciation issues I have nothing against an Audi A6....great car.

BTW, in Texas, wouldn't you just be being tax on the car's MRSP but based on the lease's time frame not the total MSRP?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Actually, in Texas, I believe you pay on the car's selling price, not MSRP...

But, yes... it is on the entire price..

A lot of would-be leasers in Texas do a balloon note, instead..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tookewltookewl Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting this quote for the base model (without Premium package).
    Sell Price 51500, down 3800 and 764 per month for 39 months lease, 15000 miles/year. Seems too much to me. Any suggestions.
    I do not know why anyone would make a Down Payment on a lease. A Cap Reduction does not always find its way to the bottom line.

They amortized the Depreciation even more by going to 39 months...so we would need to see the MSRP, the Cap cost and the Residual to see where the $3800 went.

Elliot
  • thy_gallantthy_gallant Member Posts: 14
    Couple of my friends have got E350 with 12k miles with
    $2500 to $3000 down and one or $549/mo and other $600/mo (this car has panoromic view and button start). The dealer is American Service Center in Arlington, VA.
    I have been a Mercedes Benz owner since 1979 and I have reached the end of term on my current lease. I am due to drop off the car tomorrow or Friday.

I went to the Mercedes Benz USA website and wrote to some dealers about purchasing or leasing a new GL or E-350...I mean to get one this week and with the exception of Georgetown MB, who had no cars in gray in either model, NOT ONE OTHER DEALERSHIP CALLED OR WROTE!

I moved to Texas last year from California and I will say that this WOULD NOT HAPPEN at Fletcher Jones MB or House of Imports.....But Plano, Sugarland, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio must have more business than they need....I wish I could say that I have more business than I need...but even if I did, I would hire more people.

I will never get a car where I must do it immediately as that can cost you more money than necessary. I don't get overly emotional when I am in a dealership as it is strictly a business decision.

The bigger companies get the more they forget about the business they already have. Makes me think of the Mobile phone companies spending millions of $$$ to get the $49 people in while treating the $500 a month customer like dirt.

Well, now my options are open. I called Hertz to reserve a vehicle and I don't care right now what I am going to do....but I will check out a few others...BMW, AUDI M35 and see.....

Let's see if Mercedes Benz can do to the namesake brand what they did to Chrysler?

Regards

Elliot
  • tookewltookewl Member Posts: 2
    I had exactly the same experience. They are not budging at all from the selling price and keep coming up with different lease options( eg more months ¿messageTitle=Re: Tried to lease a new MB but car salesmen don't chang2C more "down"). I may just go with the BMW...but everybody is out there to make money, right?
  • briannebbrianneb Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for a new 2007 Mercedes E-class in Los Angeles. I've only purchased cars through private parties, so I am new at negotiating with the dealerships. The MSRP is approx 50,550 and the invoice is approx 47,000. Is it possible to pay below invoice price? If not, what should I expect to pay?

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
    ....how can you possibly go into the Mercedes dealership and expect to pay under Invoice?

I am not saying that you should not get a good deal but are they allowed to make something?

2 weeks ago I bought an Audi A6 and the dealer had about $4800 in the car. They gave me a $3000 discount and kept a small $1800 for doing all the work.

Elliot
  • df4801df4801 Member Posts: 10
    Even if you pay invoice on the E-class, the dealer will still make over $1500 on the car. There have been dealers willing to go slightly under invoice.
    Mine went $500 0ver invoice, but also added doc. fee and advertising fee, so price was about $900 over invoice.
    Thanks!
  • cmc15cmc15 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to lease an E350 in NJ. Dealer quoted me $749 incl. tax for 39 mon 12 K miles with about $2000 out of pocket. Base car with prem 1 pkg and metallic paint. This seems rather high to me. Can anyone offer a comparison?
    Little bit high.

Did you check out Ray Catena.
    No not yet but I did think of them today. I have 3 weeks to turn in my present car...... so I have time to do research. I will probably hit Morristown and Globe also. Any experience with any of these dealers ?
  • tennisgaltennisgal Member Posts: 7
    I just test drove the E350 today and have questions. I was told the Bluetooth connection was extra and the brochure says you have to have an approved phone as well. Does anyone know what the cost and approved phones are? Should this extra charge be in the final price when I am getting quotes?

The salesman did not tell me there were 2 modes of driving, Sport and Comfort mode. When I gave him feedback on the car (I said steering was odd) he told me I was in Sport mode and that I should test drive it again in Comfort mode later (he had an appointment). Any comments on that? BTW,dealer is in Newport Bch, CA in case you have comments about that.

I avg 8k mi/year and am thinking of buying the car vs leasing it. Would I be better off with a pre-owned since the car will be a dinosaur before it has 100k?

Lastly, is this a guy car? I really like the way it looks but it seems geared for a guy.
    just test drove the E350 today and have questions. I was told the Bluetooth connection was extra and the brochure says you have to have an approved phone as well. Does anyone know what the cost and approved phones are? Should this extra charge be in the final price when I am getting quotes?

Bluetooth was about $300 extra for the adapter. I had them throw it in to my lease deal. I believe the dealer has a list of approved phones.

For 8K miles of driving per year, consider the 27mo. or 36 mo. lease. Just my opinion.
  • djkidocdjkidoc Member Posts: 4
    Could anyone share a dealer in the Westchester/Connecticut Area that gave them a great deal?
    I'm looking for purchase a 350 4matic with P1 package..
    Is it really possible to buy @ invoice price? or in the ballpark of invoice? If so, how do you go about doing so?
    If anyone did so in the tri-state NJ/conn/NJ please let me know the dealer and I'll buy my 350 there.. thanks for your help..
    I was able to purchase the E350 I wanted from Mercedes of Beverly Hills... it came with the P1 package, wood package, and an Ipod conncetion. The sticker was approx 54500, and I paid 49800, which was just slightly under invoice, with no extra charge for the wood and ipod extras... Hope this helps anyone currently looking!
  • djkidocdjkidoc Member Posts: 4
    how did you approach the dealer? did you just say I'll give you 49,800 for the car? did the dealer just offer that to you? I would appreciate advice on how to approach and get a great price like you did.. btw congratulations.. thanks for your advice..
    Did you get the Sports Package?
    Did you get the Sports Package?

Keep in mind that the SP is a no charge extra on the E.
  • ed4040ed4040 Member Posts: 17
    Hi All,

I'm looking at leasing a E350 4matic with the P1 package, sport package in Flint grey with ash interior. A dealer in the NY area quoted me the following two options:

27 month lease 15K miles
    $820/month including tax
    $2,000 out of pocket Includes first payment, acquisition fees, drive off, etc.

Or

27 month lease 15K miles
    $760/month
    $3,400 out of pocket Includes first payment, acquisition fees, drive off and taxes paid in advance(that's the additional $1,400 at drive off)

The purchase price is $54,400 and they're telling me the money factor is .00175 and the residual is 67%.

Do either of these sound like a good deal? Thanks in advance for your insight!
  • David EhrlichmanDavid Ehrlichman Member Posts: 47
    Sunrise Motors on Long Island.

E350 4 matic
    P1 package
    Sport Package
    Headlamp washers

39 month lease with no money down (taxes and fees paid up front)
    15K per year.

Or purchase for 53,100
    What was the total of the taxes and fees up front?
  • reallynowreallynow Member Posts: 1
    Looking at two Certified Pre-Owned E500s and need some pricing guidelines.
    2004 E500 w/sport pkg. dealer list $39,900 miles 31k
    2003 E500 w/sport pkg. dealer list $36,900 miles 38k

Any insight as to what I can walk out of there paying? the '04 is the color I want, but the '03 gets me closer to what I want to pay-$32k.

TIA
  • viscorviscor Member Posts: 2
    Am looking at leasing this car in Illinois for 36 mos, 15000 miles.
    What is the MF & Residual?
    Any discounts, what are the other upfront fees?
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    What is a good discount on this car off MSRP? they do not seem to be moving very fast here in South Florida. Is the Bluetec a better choice with similar equipment in terms of net pricing despite the +$1,000 versus the gas one? Anyone with information and MF and Res on a 27/27K prepaid lease?
    Appreciate in advance any help...
  • lleecpalleecpa Member Posts: 35
    Hi - I am considering to purchase vs lease a E550. My 2001 E430 is approaching 100,000 miles so time to trade that in. Any suggestions on "must have" in E550, price, discounts etc? We have enjoyed our 2001 E430. We have test drive E550 and love it as much as our Porsche Caynne S.
  • konskons Member Posts: 2
    It looks like you got a really good deal. The deal I got quoted is below and I am wondering if I should keep trying or just take this one? It looks like you got a great deal.

I appreciate the advice.
    Also, if you have some tips on what to say when negotiating I would really like to hear it. It seems you are really good at it.

I got quoted:
    MSRP $56,215 They took off $4,215 and saying that it's their bottom line. The say that the residual is at 60% and can not be increased and the money factor is .0018. It all came out to $699 a month for 33 months w 15k a year.
    Drive off is $1913.13:
    1st month $743.38
    Bank acquisition fee $795
    Tax 39.75
    Registration fee: $335
  • ygarygar Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a 2007 E350 4Matic today, and I can't say enough good things about the experience.

I was comparing the car to an A6 Quattro, which of course is a totally different driving experience, but I drive more in the city where the cabin comfort of the MB blows the Audi away.

I got a flint grey, Black leather, P01 package, with Ipod integration (yet to be installed), msrp was $57,700 and I got it for $52 even - they matched Audi's A6 price.

Residual was 60%. 33 Month lease at 10 k a year, $686/month and $1298 total down (tags, fees, first month).

I got the deal, said I wanted to think about it, called them back about 5 hours later and said I was on my way back and I wanted the car. When I walked in the sales manager told me that the car was out back being filled and detailed for me, my salesperson was waiting, we flew through the paperwork, she walked me through the car while the finance guys got my papers ready, walked into finance and was done in 10 minutes.

No hassles, no re-negotiation, no hidden fees, no surprises - and I love this car. Totally the way buying a luxury car should be.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    That sounds like a really great deal. Congratulations on your new Mercedes!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator