Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    I have others on my list, however, I'm a member of only one. Other dealers were acknowledging the fleet discount (unlike Smythe) but they wanted a direct draft (check) from the credit union for down payment.

I also saw a 4.9% apr on 2010 E350 from other San Jose dealer.
  • baruebabarueba Member Posts: 2
    Seems like best deals were happening in July when the $10k factory to dealer incentive was going on...right now it's down to $8k - we got a deal in SoCal for ~$18k off including the $4k fleet discount. Other quotes were around $16-17k off. Pretty happy overall, but would have acted last month had we known the incentive would go down. Stock is definitely running low, mostly black on black left in most dealers who have 09s remaining. Perhaps at the end of the month dealers would be more motivated and discounting even more. Fleet discount is supposed to be cut in half after August though.
  • dbh518dbh518 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased black/black 2009 E350 4matic Wagon with P2 package for $45,000. I was not aware of any credit union/fleet discounts. Dealer I purchased from had four 2009 and was trying to clean out before model redesign with 2011 model (there is no 2010 e350 wagon). I hope this is helpful/relevant.
  • rbrrbr Member Posts: 113
    thanks for the info. Do you mind saying what dealer?
  • sidneybluesidneyblue Member Posts: 2
    Anyone buy one yet? I visited the dealer today. Their website said they had 2 2009 Eclass remaining. Of course, when I arrived and asked about these vehicles, they said all 2009 were long gone. Bit of a bait and switch, eh? Anyway, 3 dealers in my area list 2009s but I'm assuming I'll have the same experience. So...this leads me to the 2010. I'm a bit disappointed to see the Ash Wood over the Burl. Just not as pretty. Anyone bought one yet? What should I expect to pay? Sticker prices are about $54k in my area (pacific Northwest). Thanks!
  • in_power2002in_power2002 Member Posts: 21
    I've got a co-worker who bought a 2010. He wanted that over bargain basement price of 2009s. He paid full MSRP.
  • sidneybluesidneyblue Member Posts: 2
    Wow! I'm not ready to do that yet. Thanks for sharing though! I'm still looking and may also compare the lexus before taking the plunge. In checking their financials, Daimler has had a bad year financially so maybe there will be some incentives after the 2010 mania dies down. :)
    regards
  • jelmassjelmass Member Posts: 11
    This abosolutely not true. I got mine for 500$ below invoice.
  • twbostontwboston Member Posts: 2
    I am looking into purchasing a E350 4MATIC, or ML350 4MATIC. I have visited a couple of dealerships near Boston, their price is about 4-6K below MSRP.

Does anyone have recent experience in Boston area? would you mind to share the price? and the name of the dealer (can send me to email).

Thank you!!!
  • twbostontwboston Member Posts: 2
    HI, do you mind to share the dealer info? thank you in advance...
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    You can go to MB site and select any dealer in the United States. The site has changed after you build your vehicle you can select any dealer. The site only requires your name and E-mail address. Your phone number and address are optional entries.

I sent E-mail to dealers in several states requesting a quote in February 2008 before the MB site was revised. The old site required your telephone number. I was out of town and I listed that in my quote. I had dealers trying to reach me by phone.

I did pick my vehicle up at the factory in August 2008 and the vehicle arrived at a local dealer selected by the selling dealer. The dealer I order from online processed the order through MB. The only problem I had is the local deal wanted a dealer fee of $400.00 the selling dealer paid the fee after a phone call.

Shop around you will find that you can do better than 7%
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Did the USAA thing on a 2010 E350, PO1, and was quoted prices of 49,756 and 48,850 by two dealerships. This is about 1-2,000 under invoice. Vehix shows average price for same car of 49,232 in this area, so not much savings on what selling for anyway?
  • jts1jts1 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased an 2009 E350 Wagon PII with wood steering wheel for 42,820 car had 18 miles on it with cashmire interior. I'm a USAA member and that helped. There wasn't much room to negotiate any lower. Think I did OK?
  • in_power2002in_power2002 Member Posts: 21
    USAA membership is Mercedes form of Cash for Clunkers. Prices are good. I wonder how long this fleet discount will last?
    Probably as long as sales are sliding and others are doing similar offers. December is slowest sales month historically, so there may be even bigger discounts out there - or not. Lexus usually has its big sale in December. Although I have found that Toyota/Lexus sales events don't really discount the cars very much considering their already had prices.
  • jts1jts1 Member Posts: 7
    Oh and I live in NH so it was my out the door price $42,820. No taxes if you live in NH! FYI every dealer accepts the USAA discount with a control # not just the dealers they refer you too (you just need to show your USAA blue card or P&C insurance).
  • importpowerimportpower Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone say what they picked up the car for? Can you list the features you got also? Was it a coupe/4matic/pearl paint etc etc.
  • importpowerimportpower Member Posts: 2
    Was it a sedan or coupe and what options?
  • mmman2k8mmman2k8 Member Posts: 15
    What should I be paying for a 2010 E350 Sedan with P01 and metallic paint? How accurate is VEHIX? They show 49,300ish as a very good deal and the median at about 50,000.
    Please let me know

Thanks!
    Anyone here know what I should be paying for the above car? I want to buy this car saturday and will be going to a dealer in New York (thats where I live). I checked VEHIX and the price they say that is the median paid is under dealer invoice?

Pls let me know!
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    What is invoice of this car ?
    best you can do is 49,000
    Invoice on this car is $54,500ish. So far the lowest offer I have gotten is $52,000

Are you sure I can do this for $49,000? Anyone buy this car with a NY or NJ dealer?
    The whole game is supply and demand. I am not sure about NY/NJ area. All I can tell you during last month Mercedes dealers were selling for less because they were affected negatively by the clunker program (all business was going to Japanese car makers). May be the game changed in September. I dont want to confuse you. If you really like the car go for it. Try to get it for 51000 at least.
    I think 49,000 is really low unless you have some type of super deal. Best I have been offered from 5 dealers in the NC,SC,GA area is 48,850 + taxes and tags. And that is with a 2,000 USAA discount.
    Good luck though. MB sales were down 31% 09 year to date compared to 08 year to date through August. Down 17% this August compared to last August.
    I did the Vehix thing also, but not sure how accurate their information really is. The TMV at Edmunds is substantially higher, but then I have always paid well below TMV anyway.
    Hey thanks for the info, I will try to shoot around 50k as my price. I will report back tomorrow after I visit the dealership.

thanks
    Dear All,

I just want to go over what I got yesterday in NY. Thanks again for all your help.

2010 Mercedes E350Sport 4MATIC
    P1 Package
    Metallic Paint
    MSRP:$56,445
    Invoice: $52,700

Paid: $53,500 plus 3 yrs free servicing.
    Is that 53,500 with taxes, fees, tags, etc. or just the cost of the car itself?
    Is Free Service, the 10K/12 month services?
    Thanks - and congratualations! Enjoy it!
  • frogger97frogger97 Member Posts: 21
    Excellent Price!
    Can you please share the Residual and Money Factor and how many miles per year??
    What is the monthly payment with the tax?

Once again congratulations!
    hey folks
    to be clear that was a purchase and was for the car itself. tax titles and dmv is extra.

After doing some research I think this was a very good price, the servicing is the 12 month or 10k mile a year oil change, tire rotation, and usually costs about 300-400 per year.

Also was offered tire and rim insurance they asked 1295 plus tax I go it for 899 plus tax. This covers the car for 5 yrs and you can take it to any mercedes dealership, no out of pocket expense or deductible, as many times as you get a flat or crack your rim in a pot hole (I live in NYC so this was a very good deal for me).

Thanks
    if you are in NY/NYC I can give you the persons number who I dealt with at mercedes benz of manhattan. They were really good.
    According to latest Wall Street Journal report on their website, M-B and Audi are still goingdown in sales, while Volvo, BMW, Porsche are beginning to go back up. BMW's market share is also increasing while M-B's is going down.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    I'm not overly tall, but taller than most. I've looked at and sat in most of the cars competing with the Mercedes E-class. If you've tried one of these, and found it too low, drop Mercedes a line. The E-class sold nearly everywhere else in the world has the sunroof optional, and is listed as having 41.3" of headroom in them without, and 37.9" as sold in the USA with the standard sunroof. Since I sit 38.4" not accounting for hair, it's a no-go. Similar problems with most other cars. Personally, I think this is one reason we sell more SUV's and trucks in this country, because larger, taller people just don't confortably fit in most cars anymore since they 'mandated' the sunroof. I just have a thing about hauling around an extra 1000# and the lower economy and decreased handling if forced into an SUV verses a sedan. But, there's almost no choice in the USA. The humble Subaru Legacy sedan has more headroom with the sunroof than the Mercedes, and you can buy it without, too. One would get the idea tall people just aren't supposed to want a luxury car.

If you feel similar, talk to Mercedes. BTW, at least in Germany, that 'standard' sunroof we get, really costs nearly $2K...whether you include it in the base price, or get it optionally, it still costs money (and the panoramic sunroof adds yet another grand to the cost). Personally, I'd rather spend that $3K on other things than a hole in the roof I don't use often and can live without. Maybe one of the optional safety features the E-class has available like the night vision system, or the adaptive cruise control. But, since 'everyone' in this market in the USA has one, everyone must blindly follow suit.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I don't have any problem fitting in my 2000 E320 with a sunroof and haven't tried a "fit check" in the new E, but I agree that sunroofs should be an option in the US market.
  • skier4skier4 Member Posts: 1
    Just closed on a 2010 E350 4matic Sport
    P2 +
    MSRP $62,015
    Invoice $58,337
    Paid $57,091

Lease terms:
    39 mos. 10k/yr
    $700/mo.before tax
    $5000 out of pocket
    $3892 went to cap cost reduction
  • wasabi911wasabi911 Member Posts: 53
    Hello. I'm considering buying a CPO 2007 E350. But many CPO CARFAX reports show that some of the cars were either bought from auctions or had prior accidents. I'm surprised these cars were able to pass through the certification process. I thought the point of buying a CPO car was to have a safety net that the car is in great condition.

Is it worth paying a premium for a MB CPO car? BMW seems to be much more stringent CPO process.

Thanks!
  • lrwestchesterlrwestchester Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Can anyone please help with the following for Nov-09:

E350 4 Matic 12K Miles/Year:
    Money Factor and Residual??

535xi 12K Miles/Year:
    Money Factor and Residual??

Also, any idea how much behind invoice these cars are going for?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    For answers to your lease questions, try posting in these discussions:

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lrwestchesterlrwestchester Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. Found it. Quick follow up: If I'm thinking about a 2 year lease on a CPO 2007 535xi to bridge me until the new 5 series x drive arrives (I know it will probably only be a year until the new x drive is out), what residual and money factor should I expect for 12k miles/year. Thanks again!
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    wasabi......Carfax is often in error in reporting accidents that didn't happen. I thought about trying to sell my wife's leased Lexus a couple months ago, since I thought I might be able to sell it for a couple grand over what I owed. I put it on Craigslist, and a couple people got a Carfax on it. It showed that it had been in a accident when in fact it had not. I even tried to clear it up with Carfax but they were unable to verify their own information!! Amazing!! It turned out to be such a hassle that I just turned the car back in to the dealer. I think that kind of erroneous reporting happens a lot more often than not.

Try to get the details on the supposed accident from Carfax. I'll bet you cannot.

It's easy for them to make a false claim, but very hard for them to back it up.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Lease #'s on cpo anythings are usually specific to the car itself and some formula from the manufacturer. You will likely be at their mercy on terms. Get the monthly cost and if it seems decent, you can ask for the details of how it was figured. You could then negotiate from a semi-informed position. My guess is that the monthly payment will be very unattractive -- may be better to negotiate hard on a sale price and keep it for 3-4 years. I personally wouldn't want the first year of any brand
    [mb or bmw] after a major makeover. Don't want to be one of the folks discovering all the inevitable problems that will appear.
  • lisambalisamba Member Posts: 5
    Leased in Torrance, CA from Mercedes-Benz of South Bay
    New 2010 E350 with P1 package, sports package and metallic paint
    Traded in an existing 2007 E350 lease w/2 remaining payments
    MSRP = $54,145
    $2000 total drive-off (including 1st payment)
    $675/month for 39 months, including tax (whopping 9.75% in Los Angeles County)
    12,000 miles per year
  • danil34danil34 Member Posts: 11
    greetings from Phoenix, AZ

Just closed a deal on a brand new 2010 E350
    mb tex. standard paint.
    sport package
    18" amg wheel
    rear side airbag
    premium 1 package

$1000 under invoice + TTL

Sharp looking car. Love it but worry about future reability
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Wouldn't worry until the warranty is up in 4 years. You bought a new design so expect a few gremlins not common on the 09 which was the last of the old design. Shouldn't be a big issue -- just inconvenient for some owners. Most will cruise along without a problem.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I like your attitude...
  • bcjcmbcjcm Member Posts: 3
    2006 E350 w/50084 miles needs 5k in engine work. Bad cam sensor :lemon:
  • keramakerama Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered $45,500 for 2010 E350 with metalic paint, no other option (MSRP = $49,475 + $670 (metalic paint) = $50,195 by a dealer in Los Angeles.
    I have also been told that MBZ will have new program starting 1/12, and their price can change after that.
    Do you think this is a good price?
    If the new program kicks in from 1/12, do you think it will include bigger or smaller dealer incentive for E350?
    Thank you for your help.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Southbay MBZ is offering any car on the lot for $5500 below MSRP. Ask for the fleet mgr and say you got the offer on email.

January lease programs are not as good as they are now.
  • stockerupstockerup Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone had experience buying a MB at the end of the lease? What can I expect from MBF? Will they negoiate? Will they certify it? Can I get the low interest rate? A lot of questions. I'll do it if it makes sense but will pass if they try to stick it to me
  • golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    looking to buy same thing. how is the ride of the sports sedan with those tires?