Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• wantsluxwantslux Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to finance a 2004 E500 and I found 2 great looking ones. One is a pewter colored CPO with 61K miles, one owner on carfax, no accidents, and asking price is 22K. The next one I found is also a 2004 E500 light blue color, same options as other car but has 85K miles, is not certified, and has 2 owners as per carfax and no accidents.

I would like advice on how to pick between the two cars as I like both but I'm leaning to one more for price and the other for the "security" of the CPO.

How concerned should I be about the mileage on a E500? How long should I expect any MB to give a good reliable ride (mileage wise)?

Thanks for your comments.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I'd go with the CPO for the warranty and 24,000 fewer miles. I wouldn't touch a non CPO 2004 E and would probably prefer an E350 over an E500. There were some significant changes when Mercedes introduced the W211 model E in 2003 and some reliability problems were reported, particularly in the early years of that series (2003-2008). Check out benzworld.org forums for info on the W211 model E.
    (That may be a better place to ask your question)
    Overall mileage shouldn't be a problem if the car has been maintained. Get a good pre-purchase inspection. I'm at 175,000 miles on my 2000 E320.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Just bought a 2010 E350 Rear Wheel Drive Sport with Prem 1 Pkg. and Wheel Package (AMG wheels and Sport Steering Wheel) in Palladium Silver (metallic).

MSRP was 54,850
    I Paid 49115 +599 dealer fee

Did I get a reasonable deal? It was over 2000 below invoice, according to Edmunds figures, so I hope the deal was a good one. Also, got 2.9% financing for 60 months on 15,000 dollars. That was 1% below advertised interest rate.

I traded in my 2009 E350 Sport and they gave me 39,000 trade value for it as well, which was about what the vehicle was worth.

Thanks for your feedback

2021 Genesis G90

• golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    i paid $52,000 for AWD, luxury, non metallic, with wood steeering wheel; P1 package, dealer prep and DMV was $135...
    edited February 2010
    should i buy this for my new E 350? it is about $750..

any thoughts would be appreciated
    What does it cover? So you plan to do all your routine service at the dealer?
    At least once each year, you need an oil change/filter change, etc. My dealer charges about $300.00 for an "A" service, which includes oil/filter, fluids, tire rotation (not good for me since I have a sport, which has different tires in front and back), inspection, etc. If the plan covers A and B services for 3 years, it's a good buy, if less than 3 yearts or does not cover the services, not a good buy.

I did not opt for this at my dealership (who charges 599 for 2 years), so you may be able to negotiate with your dealer on the price.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

listed cost is $769 for 3 years/30000 miles and essentially coveresoil/filter change every 10,000 and brake fluid and air filters at 20,000; plus visual inspection of some things...
    Sounds to me that you might save a few hundred dollars, but.....

I don't find that these are worth the money, especially since I don't know how long I will own the vehicle.

good luck....

2021 Genesis G90

• amd2004amd2004 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I bought 2009 E350 and has 3K miles on it. When my wife was driving vehicle, suddenly wheel rim burst and lost air. I checked tire and was not damaged from outside or didn't see any stress where rim was damaged.

I believe that this is bad quality of AMG wheel but Dealers are not ready to accept.

See video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2OuQeVbbc

Few questions:
    1) Why MB always ask you to buy wheel and tire warranty for AMG wheels?
    2) I have seen several post where people has described about the chip, crack in the wheel.
    3) They always denies for warranty with outside force (including pot holes). How many pot holes in this country on the road and have you face any rim damage by pot holes on another vehicle?

I am IT person and this is simple logic that AMG low profile wheel are not designed properly to handle impact of small outside force.

We are paying high for vehicle with priority of safety for family members. But if this happens while you drive, your family could get hurt.

I have filed complain in NHTSA. I wanted to hear about your opinion or if you have faced this kind of issue in the past.

Thanks,
    AD
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    The rim appears to be damaged from an impact of some kind. No manufacturer warrants rims or tires against impacts.

You are correct in that low profile tires and wheels are more prone to impact damage, but that is the price you pay for performance (and appearance). A smaller diameter rim and a tire with more sidewall offers more protection against damage, but more and more cars are coming with tires and wheels like yours.
  • goranvgoranv Member Posts: 9
    After being Audi fan for last 5 years, I decided to get MB E class. Last couple weeks I spent looking around and found finally one that I like.
    Dealer is advertising as a special and claiming that asking price $39,100 is $3,000 below what is worth.
    Please can you let me know if there is more room for negotiation, since edmunds is estimating at $41,000.

2008 E350W
    9700 miles
    Iridium Silver
    Black MB Tex
    Premium II Package
    Ipod Integration Kit
    Standard Lthr Str Wheel/shift Knob
    Split Folding Rear Seat
    AMG Sport Package
    Panorama Sunoof
    Black Birdseye Maple Wood Trim
    Electronic Trunk Closer

thanks
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    I think that car should be going for around 35-36000. It does have low miles. It is pretty fully loaded. Try to find comparisons online and present them with a offer. Look out of state as well.
  • zorro71zorro71 Member Posts: 3
    Greetings,

I am looking to purchase an E550 coupe in the next month or so. The sticker price is $59475, which includes Premium Package 1, and $61875 with Premium Package 2. I appreciate your thoughts on how much $$ you think I should pay for the car. Are there any dealer incentives for this model right now? I live in the Southern Cali area.

If you have recently purchased this car, please comment on your experience and any other advice you would like to share.

Thanks!
    After talking with the manager of my Mercedes Dealer, he told me that pricing on the coupe is different tha pricing on the sedans. The sedans are easier to get because of increased production. The coupes are in limited production. I asked him what a good price on the coupe was, and he said that 2000 below MSRP was a good price. On the sedan, you could get close if not right at invoice.

Hope this was helpful.

2021 Genesis G90

• ob995ob995 Member Posts: 40
    If you are a USAA member, then you can get the car below invoice between Fleet Discount and negotiated price in So Cal. As far as Sedans you can get those cars for $4k below invoice between USAA car buying price and $2k returning loyalty discount currently offered by MBF.

Their are no incentives at all on coupes, if you plan to purchase one, you can get a better deal on financing the car via most banks over MBF. Currently BOA is offering 3.20% in So Cal on new car purchases for up to 60 months vs MBF is 5.9% for up to 36 months or 6.9% for up to 48 months. It is currently cheaper to lease coupes via US Bank or Chase over MBF too. The catch with both US Bank and Chase lease tho is both require 740 or higher credit score where MBF allows people with a credit score of 680 or above to qualify for their leases.
  • chicagoedchicagoed Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2010
    Bought a 2010 E550 coupe today: MSRP with P2, Appearance Pkg, & black paint was $63,125. Selling price was $60,337 before doc fees, sales taxes, and title were added.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    you could have saved a few box by going Costco or AAA but enjoy your new car
  • mbuster25mbuster25 Member Posts: 14
    Go to Herb Gordon Mercedes in Silver Spring. They are top notch!

I've been shopping for over two weeks.
    E350 4Matic, P1 pkg, metallic paint, wood steering wheel
    $57,725 MSRP
    I paid less than $51K+ $99 process + tax.
    I also got a great price on extended warranty.
  • outieoutie Member Posts: 42
    Did you qualify for any fleet discount or loyalty discount?
    Nope, no USAA, no previous MB financial.
    edited March 2010
    That sounds like a great deal, more than $2k under invoice. So far I am offered $1k under invoice, and I am still waiting for an answer for $2k under. At least I know it was a reasonable offer.
    It is that time of the month, so great deals can be had. Some dealers have more sway than others.
    that is a very good price--about $1200 less than what i paid..

btw, got 2000 miles on mine and love --love it...
  • dannye350dannye350 Member Posts: 30
    I got my e-class. Here are the particulars of my deal.

MSRP:$59,075

Sale Price: $50,639, with fleet discount, and $3500 total out of pocket. This includes $266 for a new plate, since my plate was up for renewal.

Payment is $674.00 per month with Michigan Tax 6%
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10,000 per month

Money Factor: 0.00259
    Residual: 59
    I heard that MF will go down to .00195, RV will stay the same. The person told me with 90% confidence/
    If so that'd be awesome. I almost got 1 on 3/31!
    Unfortunately it looks like it didn't go down to .00195, but it did go down from .0027 to .0025. RV remains the same.
    its actually 0.0025 or about $20 a month cheaper on the average. Oh, well....
  • goranvgoranv Member Posts: 9
    Looking to buy CPO E350. Local dealer gave me this offer:
    2008 Mercedes E350 4 Matic
    Black On Black
    P2 Package
    DVD Navigation
    Sirius
    Power Rear Shade
    Headlamp Washer
    Bi-Xenon Lights
    Cornering Fog Lamps
    Heated Front Seats
    Keyless Go
    Parktronic
    Sport Package
    IPod Kit
    27k Miles (approx)
    Certified with 100k mile warranty

For $36,500. It sounds pretty good to me. Any opinion on the price?
    Does this include AWD? sounds good. but consider this, a new 2010 E 350 loaded including AWD for about $52--$54000. the new E 350 is a great MB...
  • e2009e2009 Member Posts: 23
    I ordered my 2009 E550 that I built on the MB Website. My vehicle came with the AMG wheels 18 inches narrow wheel in the front and wider wheel in the back. I hit my first pot hole coming off the freeway. I replaced the damage left front Continental Tire with a Michelin on both wheels on the front axle.
    I checked the MB Website after buying the two new tires. I found that the E550 also comes with 17 inches tires all the same size. I had a feeling that the low profile tires were a problem. The vehicle with 17 or 18 inches tires are price the same on the web site. I do not know if there is any difference in the performance between the 17 or 18 inch tires.
    About three months later coming off the freeway hit another pot hole the left rear tire was damage. I replaced both rear tires with Michelin.
    I had a slow leak on the left front tire a couple of days ago. The tire store found a hair line fracture on the lip of the wheel.
    There are few places that repair wheel fractures in the area. The information on the net indicates there may be some problems with repairing alloy wheels and the insurance company may not pay a claim if there is an accident because the wheel fractures while driving.
    I have had AMG wheels on all my E350's (4 of them in the past 6 years) and never had a problem with them. HOWEVER, I have heard that there are problems with them due to the fact that the tires are so very low in profile, they do not provide a cushion when going over road deformities, potholes, or even refuse or clutter on the highway. Additionally, the AMG alloys are not very strong and are not resilient. I remember I had a 1988 Audi 2000 CS, with low profile tires and allow rims, I went over a brick on the highway and blew out my 2 left tires and bent the rims. I do not believe the problem is strictly with AMG's, but with many wide, low profile tires. There just is no cushio between the rim and the tire.

I run nitrogen in all my tires. I was told by Mercedes Benz Service that I should make sure that the tires are properly inflated, and not overinflated. Overinflation by just a few pounds can mean the difference between a blowout and wheel damage and not damaging the tires or wheels.

2021 Genesis G90

I purchased new tires for each axle each time one of the tires was damaged. The front wheels are narrower then the rear wheels. If I want to change the wheels I have to buy two wheels for the front and two wheels for the rear to have a complete match of wheels. I know there is not much of a cushion with the low profile tires.
    If I knew there were going to be all the problems with the low profile wheels I would have order the vehicle with the standard 17 inch wheels. I will try your suggestion on the air pressure. This is my first wheel that I have to buy after 23,000 miles.
    There are so many potholes in the area and I do not know when the wheel was fracture. It may have been fractured when I hit the first pothole or it may have been a stress fracture from another pothole. The fracture is on the opposite side of the wheel not visible when inspecting the wheel to add air.
    I am considering finding a set of four stronger wheels to replace the AMG Alloy Wheels. I have to get a quote from the dealer on a new AMG Alloy Wheel before making a decision.
  • ben111ben111 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a 2010 E550. Does anyone know if a dealer should be willing to swap the 18" wheels for the 27" wheels with the Sport package? I'm in Boston and with the poor road conditions, would prefer to avoid the hassle with low-profile tires.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    The dealer probably won't change the wheels for you as, by law, a car must be delivered with the exact equipment shown on the Federal Sticker on the windshield. If you want to take off those wheels, you will have to do it after you take delivery of the vehicle, at your own expense. I would not recommend going to 17 inch wheels as the vehicle you are interested in purchasing is a "sport". With that comes a sport suspension, lower stance, etc. I would only suggest that you might want to replace those wheels with 4 wheels of the same size, but stay with 18" wheels. You can purchase wheels like those from aftermarket vendors along with tires. It will probably be very costly.

Another possibility would be for you to purchase the Tire and Wheel Insurance that most dealers offer. That way, if you damage a wheel or tire, it will be covered. Just check to see what the limits are on the policy. Some policies limit losses in the aggragate.

Hope this was helpful.

2021 Genesis G90

The E550 is sold with 17 inch wheels. The price on the website is the same as the 18 inch wheel. I have the 18 inch wheels so far a front and rear driver side tires destroyed. Requiring replace all wheel on the same axle for balance. Then a hair line fracture of the lip of the wheel. I think I would opt for the 17 inch wheels without the Sport Package in the future. MB may come up with some more durable wheels for the Sport Package in the future. I do not think I would take delivery of a vehicle with 18 inch wheels and then try to swap them out for 17 inch wheels. The 18 inch AMG Wheels cost about $725.00 each. The 17 inch wheels may be slightly lower and you have the problem of driving a car that was built for 18 inch wheels.
  • raamoooneraamooone Member Posts: 4
    Visited my local dealer this morning and it seems that the only real issue in swapping the 18" for the 17" on the e550 would be whether the 17" will clear the front rotor/calipers, which are noticeably bigger than the front rotor/calipers on the e350 w/out sport package (i.e. 17" wheels). I've been unable to find a e550 anywhere with the std 17" (though the mercedes web site seems to confirm that they are avail), would like to see if it has the same brake package as the e350 w/out sport package. Also of note is that the e350 w/ sport package has 18" wheels/tires that are the same size front and rear.
    The Sport Wheels on the E350 are slighly wider in the rear the same as the E550.
    I do not know how the 17 inch wheels would change the performance or mileage per gallon. The price is the same with or without the Sport Package. You can always order a vehicle to your specifications or take European Delivery with your specifications.

E350
    WHEELS
    Luxury: 17" split 5-spoke (8.0 x17.0)
    Sport: 18" 5-spoke (8.5 x 18.0/9.0 x 18.0 staggered
    Sport 4MATIC: (8.5 x 18.0 front/rear)

TIRES
    Luxury: 245/45 R17 all-season
    Sport: 245/40 R18 front, 265/35 R18 rear, all season
    Sport 4MATIC: 245/40 R18 all-season

E550
    WHEELS
    Luxury: 17" split 5-spoke (8.0 x17.0)
    Sport: 18" AMG twin 6-spoke (8.5 x 18.0/9.0 x 18.0 staggered)
    Sport 4MATIC: (8.5 x 18.0 front/rear)

TIRES
    Luxury: 245/45 R17 all-season
    Sport: 245/40 R18 front, 265/35 R18 rear, all season
    Sport 4MATIC: 245/40 R18 all-season
    The reason you will have difficulty locating an E550 with 17" wheels is that, from what my dealer told me, these are special order vehicles. 99% of the E550's they order (and this is AutoNation, and they have 6 or 7 Mercedes Dealerships here in south florida), are sports, not non-sport vehicles. They told me that most of the customers request sports, and that is why they order them that way. I know that if we were in the northeast, that would be different as we don't have the problems with potholes here in south florida that they do in the northeast.

Again, I reiterize the importance of contacting Mercedes Benz regarding changing the wheels from 18's to 17's and the problems that would be associated with that change considering braking, cornering, stopping, ground clearance, etc.

2021 Genesis G90

• raamoooneraamooone Member Posts: 4
    Thanks e2009, you're absolutely correct that I was looking at the e350 4matic, which would explain the same size 18" front and rear.
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    I think this message board is very helpful to provide price information to save time during negotiation. I went over all posts for the price information on 2010 E350 here and printed out the posts before we went to the dealer. I hope to post my experience to return favor and would like to thank those people who posted the price information.

My wife purchased 2010 E350 4 Dr. Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A) this afternoon at Mercedes-Benz of Houston North. The negotiation did not take long after we showed the price of other people posted here with discount varying from $4000 to $6000.

The MSRP is: $55,095 on the stick including the options:

1. Steel Grey Metallic color paint: $720
    2. P01 Premium 1 Package: $3,950
    3. 230 PARKTRONIC w/Parking Guidance $950

We set the discount as $5,000 in the middle ground of the number posted here by other people. so

The final selling price is: $50,095.
    Texas State Sale tax 6.25%: $3130
    Dealer Inventory Tax 0.233%: $116
    Dealer document fee: $122
    Vehicle inspection fee: $23
    License/Title fee: $93
    Road and Bridge/deputy fee: $16
    Tag fee: $5

the driving out of door price is: $ 53,604.

Based on our past experiece and the road condition in Houston, we also purcased additional insurance on 7year/70,000 mile extend warrente, 3 year maintenace and Tire&Wheel (5 year).

Overall, this is a good car-buying experience with less than one hour for the deal and another 30 min for paper work. The sale and financial people also appreciated our research for the price to ask a reasonable discount. Since 2011 model will come in a couple of months, you may still be able to get more discount, but we are happy with the price.

On another note, my wife bought two BMW 525i and both cars got totaled. She felt very easy to drive E350 compared to BMW 525.

Hope to thank those people again for posting price information here and Happying hunting for your cars!
  • shishirshishir Member Posts: 5
    Great and very clear post. Thanks!
    It sounds like you got the kind of deal you should get at this time of the year. Anytime you can purchase a new E350 with the equipment you had for about 5000 under sticker is excellent. Yes, a few hundred more or less could have been achieved, however, considering the fact that this was all concluded in about 1 hour is worth the extra few bucks. I'd pay a few hundred for less stress and aggravation.

Good luck with the new Benz. If your experiences are anything like mine have been with my 2010 E350, you'll be very happy.

2021 Genesis G90

• hookyjunkhookyjunk Member Posts: 1
    How aggressive are dealers being with pricing on 2011 E wagons?

I am seeing $500-700 over invoice - any better deals out there?
    There are very limited numbers of E350 Wagons in this country. They are much more popular in Europe than they are here in the US. Most people who are looking for a little more cargo spade usually purchase vehicles like the Caravan, ML350 Benz, etc. My dealer has 2 of them, and has not sold "any" since first introducing them a month or so ago. As for pricing, he told me he would sell one for about 500 over invoice, but not a penny less. Remember, they were just introduced and they are 2011's, not 2010's. So I would assume a $500.00 over invoice is a great deal.

Good luck, no matter what you do.

2021 Genesis G90

• bytesandbitsbytesandbits Member Posts: 9
    Just picked up a CPO 2008 E-350W with about 19K miles for $33,900 in MD. Not the best price but the car is in very good shape.

It has the Premium 1 package with 18inch wheels, the IPOD integration kit.
    As part of the certification process dealer did the 20K mile service and replaced the front rotors and brake pads on all the 4 wheels. In addition gave me a set of new floor mats.

Didn't bargain too much.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their experience.
  • mbdatabankmbdatabank Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a brand new 2010 E-Class 350 Sedan (sports style) from one of So. Cal Dealers.

350E sedan- $48600
    Exterior: Blk
    Interior: Blk MB Tex
    Trim: Burl Walnut Wood.
    PO2: Premium 2 Package - $6350
    321: Sports Package-N/C
    MSRP: $55825

Purchased it for $48979. Got $6846 off MSRP. Just over 12% off from MSRP.

Hope this helps!
    Can you narrow down the area somewhat? Bakersfield? LA? Orange County? San Diego?
    Thanks
  • mbdatabankmbdatabank Member Posts: 3
    Got the car from one of the LA dealers. Few dealers were offering offering over $3000 below invoice.