Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Thanks...I'll be looking in San Diego.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    If somebody is looking for crazy deal on E63 AMG, here it is:

Brand new 2010 E63 AMG:
    Black on Black
    Black Ash Wood Trim
    Premium 2 Package;
    Rear Side Air bags;
    Panorama sunroof;
    Driver assistance Package;

MSRP: $97,605
    Your Special Price: $86,999
    You save: $10,606!

Consider, that some dealers sell these models over MSRP. Can not be shipped outside United States.
    I'm not posting contact info as per forum rules. If somebody is interested, contact me through my e-mail igb10@yahoo.com, so I can give you the dealership and name of the manager.
    They have 3 others E63AMG with less equppment, but you can get similar saving.

This is the best deal on the new AMG car, that I've ever seen...
  • tennisgaltennisgal Member Posts: 7
    I am buying the E550 sedan after owning an SUV for many years and because I did not see an available 2010 model in the exterior/interior color I wanted I will need to order one. Too bad because there are some great deals out there right now I know but I waited too long to not get what I want. My husband and I will be going to the dealer next weekend to do this. I am pretty sure I want the multi contour driver seat option because I like the seat construction/leather than better without it. Any good or bad comments to this option? Anyone have any feedback on ordering a car? BTW, we are in Southern California.
    Where in Southern California?
    Orange County
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I picked it up about 3 weeks ago car is great! I hooked up my Blackberry storm2 and it loaded the contacts with the bluetooth and it worked great! until I took it back for my plates they hooked up Mbrace and the salesman hit something and the music cut down like if a call was coming in, after he got out and I was driving away a call came in saying unknown caller and now everytime the bbs2 hooks up to the car the music cuts down and it says unknown caller... anybody know how I can get the car to hang up from the call it things it getting?
    Congratulations on the car! My bet is that reinstalling Mbrace will solve your problem.
  • kauffman1974kauffman1974 Member Posts: 10
    mbdatabank,

Would you be willing to let us know which LA dealer as I'm in the market for almost the exact same car and configuration. $48979 is a great price, I haven't been able to get any LA dealer that low yet.

Thanks!
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    The Mbrace system is digital as opposed to the previous system in 2009 and before which was analog. There is one part of the computer that operates bluetooth and Mbrace, as they are interconnected. Rebooting Mbrace should solve the problem, however you might also lose the data that was originally picked up from your cell phone.

The bluetooth interface does not pick up my phone logs and address book automatically (as it did in my 2008 and 2009), so I have to load the names and numbers manually.

But I have not had any problems with Mbrace or the bluetooth malfunctioning. Your vehicle is on warranty, so the dealer is responsible for getting this figured out. Good luck with the new car.

2021 Genesis G90

• eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks for the tip! I had to load my contacts in like that on my Lexus it was a pain so I was really happy at 1st to see everything hook up with no problem.. if only I didn't get that mbrace well I'm gonna take it back in on Saturday and let them fix that... Thanks again everybody for the tips.. ;)
  • mbdatabankmbdatabank Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    I looked at two dealers. One was less than one mile away from zipcode 90012. and the other is approximately 40 miles northwest of zipcode 90012. I ended up buying from a dealer that is 40 miles away. If you have trouble finding this dealer post your email address and I will send it to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

If you order your E550 now - it will take about 3 -4 months for this car to arrive from Germany to the dealership showroom. So this car will be 2011 model year, not 2010. 2011 E-Class models have been released a few days ago. They did not change much from 2010, but have a lot of improvements and updates. You can see all the new features here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Changes and Updates. It also explains what "E" stands for - very interesting...

If you place an order with the Dealership - make sure that they guarantee the selling price upfront. Because when they get this car, and this car is very unique - they can ask any price they want, because you can't really shop them around.
    I ordered my car Saturday so I am all set. They said to expect 3 months but it was possible it could come before that because they have one they can finish out with my specs.
    I ordered a 2011 E550 Silver Iridium, black interior with burl, sport pkg, prem pkg and multifuntional seats. My husband and I dealt with the internet guy at the dealership and he is giving us $5K off sticker on the 2011 E550 (basically the Costco discount). He wrote the discount on the paperwork and initialed it. Now I just need to wait. :)
    If you don't mind...which dealer? He may appreciate the plug. Thanks.
  • nkolenkole Member Posts: 18
    I've been waiting to see if there are any incentives on the 2010 E350 for August and sure enough I heard from a local dealer (I'm in San Jose) yesterday that MB is offering a rebate of $3K. The dealer is offering 11% off MSRP minus the $3K. On a $53.4K car this works out to about $44.5K. With the $2K fleet discount (they raised it from $1K for August) the pre tax price is about $42.5K.

Can I do better?
    If you can do better, I'll buy another one. I paid 49110.00 on January 4th of this year for an E350 Sport with wheel package and premium 1 package. That was 2000.00 dollars below invoice on the vehicle. If you can get that same car for 7,000 dollars less, I would be amazed.

Even with the rebate and fleet discount, you would be buying the car for 8,000+ below dead invoice. I think if you can do better, you would have to hijack the car.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    Hey man, that is a great price!!!if you really want the 2010 E350 go to dealer and buy it now..

love my E350
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    So, I'm helpin my mother purchase a E sedan, currently drives a clk320 cab, 2000 with 86K on her. She drove a C, before that. She wants an E nothing else. So, where are the deals? Tryin to find loaded with P2, and all drive assistance package. Not very common. I have found a 550 with the right configuration, and with the recent $3K from MB and the 2010 leftover discount, it'd be close to ordering a 2011, 350. Only major differences would be the introduction of the new diamond white(metallic), much nicer than the Arctic white(plain). Also, the driver assistance now features 'active' blind spot, and "active" lane departure. This differs from the 2010, by actually using the ESP to apply breaking to one of the rear wheels to help correct the cars drifting.

Also, we are pretty friendly with a local dealer who would treat us well. So, here we are again on the fence between ordering the latest greatest 2011(350), wish she'd just pay up and order the 2011(550), and a deal I found in Nh for a 2010, 550, stickering at $73kish. This should sell for $65ish?? the 2011(350) would be around the same $69K sticker, probably pay $64ish?

Any other suggestion, ideas or comments are appreciated!!
    Did I say it has to be white.
    Thanks for reading.
    Very simple: if you want Diamond White - there is only one choice: 2011 E. If you want to save money - there is only one choice: 2010 E.
    Unless your mother is a car racer, I'm pretty sure she'll be fine with E350. The only major difference with E550 is the size of the engine, otherwise it's a same car.
    As for me... I'm not in a hurry to replace my 2008 E350.. I'm not sure I like new body style - it looks a little more Japanese car style, but I do like the new interior and controls...
  • dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    One other big difference is the E350 has vinyl interior ("MB Tex") The E550 has the real leather !
    You are correct, leather is standard on the E550, optional on the E350. I've had both, the MBTex and Leather in my Mercedes E classes, and you know what? I prefer the MBTex over the leather. Leather has had a tendency to crack and when it gets soiled, it's very difficult to clean and renew. The MBTex cleans up with simple soap and water and a wipe or two. Down here in Florida, the heat causes leather to crack and fade. The MBTex doesn not. So.....That is why I prefer the MBTex. I have mentioned frequently that in a 55,000+ car, leather should always be standard, but in this case, I'm glad it's not.

2021 Genesis G90

There are many other differences between the 2010 and the 2011. I tried to spec out a new 2011 E350 "Sport". ( I currently own a 2010 E350 Sport w/wheel package and premium 1 package). When I tried to spec it out at the MB site and on other sites, in order to get the Sport Package (18" wheels with AMG spokes and sport steering wheel) you are required to get the wheel package AND another package it automatically preselects, which I think is the DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE @ $2950.00 That brings the total cost to over 58,700.00 with premium 1 package. My 2010 has sport and wheel package with premium 1 and listed for 54850.00 That's a big difference in price.

Has anyone else noticed this? Go the MBUSA.com site and try to spec out the 2011. I think you will see what I am talking about.

2021 Genesis G90

• dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    I know that's what they claim,'its easier to take care of and more durable".
    I usually ask
    "If its so much better and more durable,what do you put in the Sl convertible and S?
    leather !

Personally, I never had a problem with leather cracking if its taken care of,not hard just a zmoil conditioner every 6 months or so and it holds up fine.Then again I usually keep a car for 3 or 4 years and then move on to something else.

I would never buy a "luxury" car with vinyl that is designed for taxi cabs in Europe but that's me.
    Its you car and it seem to work for you, and apparently many others (there are very few that have the leather option) thats what counts.
    Another major difference nobody mentioned is that the 550 has an air suspension, the 350 does not, and yes the mbusa website does require sport with driver's assistance pkg.

We're getting a very good price below invoice on a 2011 order. gonna try and convince mom to order a 550 w/diamond white. she keeps saying this will be my last cat, so why not; GO FOR IT!!!!
    no rush, the colors not available until october productions
    thanks all!
  • vpr80vpr80 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

Being quoted $8K off E350 4matic, P1, Sport for $49.5K (MSRP $57.5K)
    or
    $8.5K off on E550 4Matic, P1, Sport for $56.0K (MSRP $64.5K)

Not sure which discounts and all this before taxes and fees.

Thoughts? Better to keep waiting until Sept?

Thanks
    hey, the only problem with waiting is that inventory selection will decrease.
    Sounds like you're getting the MB $3k, and below invoice from the dealer.
    You may be able to do a little better, but don't lose the car you like.

No real reason to wait, that I can see.
  • bernlerbernler Member Posts: 1
    How much less should i pay for a 2010 e350 dealer demo with 4000 miles vs a new one? All are selling below invoice already.

thanks
  • lawyer1lawyer1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 350-e 4matic Sedan with,
    PO 1 package 3950
    Wood,leather steering wheel package 580
    Total MSRP56505.00
    for 48,900 was that a good deal? also traded a 2007 Cadillac CTS in average condition for 17500.
  • pacrnapacrna Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a white on black 2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 RWD Sport Sedan with only one option which is the P1 PKG in Pennsylvania. What would be a good price to pay for this vehicle? I have never bought a luxury vehicle but i know there is a huge markup on these and dont want to be taken advantage of. Thanks in advance.
    If you are purchasing a new 2010, the invoice less $3000 would be a good price. There is currently a $3000 dealer incentive on remaining 2010's. I bought mine in January and paid $49110.00 + tax, tags, for a $54,850 list vehicle, when there was a $2000 incentive for previous E350 owners. Mine has the wheel package along with P1pkg and sport.

Anything above that price ($3000 below invoice) would be too much since dealers still have some hold back on the cars. Good luck.

By the way, my brother just bought a new 2010 yesterday without wheel package and he paid $48210.00 for the vehicle. I think he got a fairly good deal.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

The incentive has been increased for cars with P1 or P2 to $4475. So target invoice minus $4475 of a car with P1/P2 or invoice minus $3K on cars without P1/P2.
  • drbaddrbad Member Posts: 3
    which dealership in san jose are you working with???Thanks very much. I am looking for one my mother.
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Hi all,
    I leased an E350 coupe a couple of weeks ago and was offered an "appearance package" by the FM. He said the package would cover damage to my tires, windshield, and/or paint if any damage occurred. The price was $1950. When I looked mbusa.com the appearance package was for added accesories ie pedals. It sounds to me what he offered is more like a warranty. At any rate, they re-sent my contract last week to re-sign. Initially, they said it was because my payment went down (which it didn't). Then they said the maintanence option ($769) was on the wrong line. I am quite suspcious now because the $1950 is listed under "dealer installed." I did not have anything installed.

Does anyone know if my contract is valid? Also, is there a such thing as an appearance package that covers tires, windshield, etc?

Please advise
    They sold you an insurance policy. Has nothing to do with Mercedes Benz. It's through a third party. I would drop this if I were you. It's a rip off.
  • jc2622jc2622 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    350-e 4matic Sedan
    PO 2 package
    Wood,leather steering wheel package
    Parktronic
    Pan. sunroof
    MSRP 60750.00
    for 52,000 financing 3.25% 48 months with zero down.
    I think it is a good deal - what do you think? I got it from MB in Peorina Illinois. The salesperson was decent.
    I'm not sure what the market is like in Illinois. But in CA where we have a large concentration of dealers, especially in the southern part of the state, your car would run about $49.6K. (89% of MSRP minus $4475).
  • jfer25jfer25 Member Posts: 5
    Nkole,

The dealers in the southern region cannot find information on the $4475 (only $3000). Can you please tell me where you found this information?

Thank you!
    I took delivery of a car for my mother this past Sunday. I'd told the dealer to contact me when there was an incentive on the car. The first week of August I heard from him and he indicated that there was a $3K incentive. I told him what I wanted and he traded another dealer for the car. Last week after he told me the car was in a checked with another dealer in Southern CA on the price and was quoted a lower price. I asked my dealer why I was getting a lower quote and he indicated that since we had started our discussions MB increased the incentive on cars with P1/P2 and he would pass the additional $1,475 onto me. We completed the transaction and he was true to his word. Final price was MSRP-11% minus the $4475.
  • sj23sj23 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a dealer with integrity. Can you tell us the dealership name and city?
    I'm sure the dealer would appreciate a plug...and if there's reason that most posters don't mention where they got their good deals I'll never understand it.
  • vincent50vincent50 Member Posts: 20
    Took delivery yesterday of 2010 E350 4matic. MSRP is $56,645. I paid $45,000. It is Capri blue with P1 package. It also has the sport package. Inside is almond MB-Tex with black ash wood trim. Drove the car home from the dealers and put it in the garage. It is over 90 degrees today, and so I spent the day in my swimming pool.
  • denverg35denverg35 Member Posts: 54
    Vincent, that sounds like a great deal--curious, most of the E350s left in my area (Denver) have the MB-Tex, does the almond look like leather?
    Yes the almond looks like leather. It does not have the leather new car smell. The almond is also on the door inserts. It is hot again today, but I did use my new car.
  • truethattruethat Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2010
    Hi Guys.

The economy must be really really bad.
    Let me know what you think about the deal I made on Friday.
    Personally, I think I did okay.

Spec.:

2010 E350 Sport Styling
    Black ext. / Black MB-Tex / Black Ash Wood Trim
    Premium 2 Pkg.
    Wheel Pkg.
    Panorama Sunroof
    Accessory Styling Pkg.
    (Free iPod Int. Kit)

Numbers:

MSRP: $58,245 (I need to double-check this but should be correct)
    Total Price Paid: $49,001.26 + LoJack + Tax & Fees = $55,491.26

Because they calculated taxes with LoJack included, it sounds more
    complicated than it actually was.

This is simplfied version of the deal.
    Basic Breakdown: $21,000 Trade-in +$33,500 Cash (w/o LoJack).
    Obvious from the numbers, this breakdown includes all taxes and fees.

The invoice price, I believe, is $54,230. As you all know, there's a
    rebate of $3,000. So I guess there was additional $2,000 or so off
    the invoice.
    The deal was almost 10K below MSRP (almost 16% off).
    Pretty sweet!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ BELOW. MONEY TALK STOPS HERE.

Buying Experience:

I walked in the most worried about the trade-in part of the deal, to be
    honest, because I had never done that before, and heard horror stories.
    I had an 2006 Audi A6 4.2 I adored with only 20,000 miles on it. I only
    considered the sale because the warranty was about to expire. I won't
    go into more details for now. The KBB showed I should get about 23K~
    26K for trade-in and I got 21K. (Not too spectacular in this dept.?) The
    manager showed me some auction papers with similar cars selling for
    $17,000 but I don't really think it was comparable because my car pretty
    much had every option possible at the time.

But, the deal really came down to how much cash I would pay. I honestly
    didn't even know the trade-in amount until after I shook hands with the
    dealer. I paid a little bit over the budget I had in mind but not much.

The trim was a little too much for me but obviously there aren't too many
    options this time of the year. I did not want wheel, accessary pkgs nor
    panorama sunroof but really wanted rear folding seats, for example. So
    the budget I actually had in mind was probably about a grand less than
    what I actually paid.

Surprisingly, I really liked the dealer. He seemed very experienced
    and buttered me up nicely with chit-chats during test drive and tried
    to give me as much advice as he could come up with. He threw in iPod int.
    Kit for me, and actually treated me to a lunch while I was waiting for
    the car.

The war began with almost 10K gap between offers (bad bad sign),
    mostly because of the trade-in value (and the fact that the dealer did
    not have Audi branch, which always hurts, I think). When we managed
    to shorten the gap to about 6~7K, the manager stepped in and things
    got a little nasty. I lost a little bit of control at the very end and
    probably could have gotten a little more but really not much.

ADVICE

1. ALWAYS STICK TO YOUR NUMBERS!!!
    We all know this but I always fail here. lol.
    2. GOOD COP / BAD COP
    Dealers have to convince the often-evil managers. Your dealer is your
    good cop and the manager is your bad cop. Be good to your dealer and
    he'll try to work with you. (Of course, some dealers try to play the
    bad cop. I usually ignore these guys.)
    3. DON'T BE AFRAID TO WALK OUT
    Hey, you know and I know the economy is bad. Dealers are desparate.
    Great deals are everywhere. If they start to not make sense, just hop
    on your car and go to the next dealership.
    4. FREE STUFF
    Keep mentioning accessories during the deal. These things, if you try
    to buy them later, will cost you a small fortune.

Quick LIKES / DISLIKES:

I just wanted to demonstrate bargain deal comes with options you didn't
    expect and without the ones you wanted.

LIKE: Voice-Command is far superior to Audi's.
    LIKE: Smooth smooth transmission! 7 gears!
    LIKE: Navigation has a lot of options
    LIKE: 3-spoke steering wheel.

DISLIKE: Annoying SIRIUS traffic report lady?
    DISLIKE: No kick (It's okay but it ain't no V8)
    DISLIKE: No back-up sensors, just camera. (PKG2 doesn't have it?)
    DISLIKE: Accessory Styling Pkg. Ugly!
    DISLIKE: NO LEATHER FOR 50K+ CAR!!
    DISLIKE: No 60/40 Folding rear seats (Trunk ain't that big, either)

In the end, I gotta tell y'all, I LOVE THIS CAR! Black on Black is the
    way to go. Thanks for reading all my babbling.

PS.
    BTW, I can get you another quote from a different dealer on a very
    similar car (Pkg 2, little less stuff), if you really want. The numbers
    were pretty damn close to my actual deal but I turned it down.
    Sounds good. Enjoy your car. If you don't mind, which dealer(s) did you work with? Thanks.
    I worked with two closest dealerships from Downtown.
    I just don't feel like naming & advertising them :P ,
    but I'm sure you can figure them out easily.
    The two dealers seemed to talk to each other, so their
    offers (total price / trade-in) were almost identical.

I didn't expect great deals at the city center, but both
    of them have lots and lots of cars still left to sell.
    Don't let them fool you. You can get 2010s way below
    invoice-minus-3000.
    Rebate on the 2010 E class is now $4475. You can get at least 20% off MSRP. Enjoy your new car you got a nice deal.
    Where did you get that info.?
    I can't find that anywhere.
  • wybuaawybuaa Member Posts: 12
    Hi Folks,
    It is my first time to buy a MB. yesterday check out this one: 2010 E350 Sport Styling Black ext. / Black MB-Tex Trim , P01 Pkg. Wheel Pkg. Panorama Sunroof

MSRP $55245, invoice is $51440. what is my ideal target price, 44750? Should I start from 44000. Hope to hear your comments.