Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• wybuaawybuaa Member Posts: 12
    Hi Folks,
    It is my first time to buy a MB. yesterday check out this one: 2010 E350 Sport Styling Black ext. / Black MB-Tex Trim , P01 Pkg. Wheel Pkg. Panorama Sunroof

MSRP $55245, invoice is $51440. what is my ideal target price, 44750? Should I start from 44000. Hope to hear your comments.

:shades:
  • vincent50vincent50 Member Posts: 20
    You might be able to get the car for $44,000. In the New England area you can get a discount off the MSRP of 20% or so. I have had black with black inside, a great color combination. I currently have Capri blue with almond/black inside. Good luck with your buying experience. You will love the car.
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Member Posts: 34
    MSRP is $55245
    20% discount = $44,196

The best range is to started $41,500 until you hit 44K stop.

My best recommended is to walk out after 43,000 offer.

There are not much selling going after July deep discount so dealer might willing to make a deal.

Good luck!
  • truethattruethat Member Posts: 123
    If your target price is 44K (I'm not saying that is what it should be),
    I would start somewhere around 42~42.5K. I wouldn't start too low.
    But (obviously) stick to your target.

Any car buyer looking for the outgoing model year is obviously a
    bargain hunter, so they won't expect your numbers to go up in a
    hurry.

I hope you're not, but if you're trading in like I did, they will try to
    compensate by lowering trade-in value. So, if you start too low, they
    might just bring the price down on the trade-in.

Hope you get a great deal. Let us know what happens! :)
  • mbz4mbz4 Member Posts: 5
    2010 E 350 RWD with 1K Miles, P02 Appearance Package, Wheel Package MSRP 58250, dealer offered 48,250 (10K discount) what price I should ask for this DEMO with just 1000 miles on it (color is silver)
    $46,500 would be a good price if it did not have 1,000 miles on it. See if you can get it for $45,000. Good luck. Iridium silver is a nice color.
  • ahmadadnanahmadadnan Member Posts: 6
    Looking for '10 bargains, I visited a dealer looking for a '10 C300. We saw one with base options,auto trans for $37(MSRP) and I offered him $31,5 Drive out for it, but he wouldn't budge below $32K. But he had shown me an E350 with Pano Sunroof, P2, 321 Sport Package, MSRP $56K while we were talking. He told me he could give it for $50K.

I am thinking of going for the E350 instead of the C300, my question is how much should my first offer be? I was thinking $47,5 drive out. Any thoughts?
    closed deal on 2010 E 350 RWD DEMO P02, Appearance Package , Wheel Package. Silver color, MSRP 58,250 dealer agreed at 47 K

.......... also bought 3 yrs 75 K miles Warranty for 3 K

have I overpaid or on par with what other paying?
    Iridium silver is a great color. Did you get the sport model? Enjoy your new car.
    got the car, black/black, p01, panorama sunroof and wheel package, MSRP 55245. 20% off is $44200. I paid $44688 before Tax and fee, which is 80.89% of MSRP. what do you think this price. no trade-in and 3.89% finance for 66 months term.
    You got a great deal! I told you that you could get 20% off of the MSRP. I have the 4matic because I live in New England with plenty of snow in the winter. Enjoy your new car. Is it the sport model?
  • sj23sj23 Member Posts: 2
    After visiting two other Southern California dealerships which were closer to my home in Orange County, I trekked out to Riverside County today to see if they could give me as good a deal on a 2011 E350 as they did a year ago July (in 113 degree heat and smog) with our 2010 C300. They couldn't. We bought the C class at the end of the model year, while we were looking to buy an E-class at the beginning of the model year. Big difference, of course. There's no dealer cash at the beginning of the model year. Nonetheless, they still gave us a price that was under invoice. Their price slightly beat all of their competitors' prices. What stood out most, though, was that they at first made a mistake in stating some terms to us. When I pointed this out to them, they questioned me politely about it. I gave them chapter and verse. They frankly admitted making a mistake but said that they would stand by what they had said, even though it was to their prejudice. The error was substantial, and they did not try to be excused from it or to have the amount compromised. They simply lived up to their word. Well, as you can imagine, I was beside myself. Integrity like that is usually perceived to be a vestige of a bygone era.

What happened next surprised me. I am a terrible skeptic about post-sale offers by car dealers. I have been prejudiced against them for years. They include Lo Jack, GAP coverage, extended warranties, and the like. I have always perceived them as uniformly unnecessary and overpriced, although I have never investigated them on the merits. After getting a highly competitive price and receiving the dealer's commitment to honor a substantial mistake in our favor, I was inclined to find some way to make a purchase from the dealer which I hadn't intended to make. They were generous with me; I would be generous with them. I ended up getting an extension of the warranty period, up to 100,000 miles partly as a result of being convinced that expensive repairs, often of electronics, make an extended warranty cost-efficient but also, naive as it may sound, out of a desire to throw some more money to a dealer where integrity is not merely a motto or mission statement but where actions speak louder than words.

The dealer is Walt's Mercedes of Riverside. I have no connection with them except buying two cars from them in two years. It would be very difficult not to go back to them first (and last) when the time next comes for a new car.
    20% off, 45000 should be a good price. I think dealer is hungry to sell the car right now. name your price firstly and stuck on it. good luck, it is a good car
    yes, it is the sport model. I started from 44000 and settled at $44688, then shack the hands and took the car. Love it. Tons of thanks to you. feel great to save some bucks.
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Any ideas what this should lease for with Sport package,P2 and pano roof ($64,835 list) on a 39 month lease/10k miles in NJ with just inception fees down? Thanks
    You are so welcomed. Enjoy your car.
    no its E 350 RWD but I got Sports Wheel AMG and Sports Steering Wheel, and spoiler, what do you get extra in Sports?? do you think 47K is good price for DEMO with 700 miles on it?
  • wpi97eewpi97ee Member Posts: 3
    vincent50 are you open on sharing which dealer you purchased your vehicle from? I am looking for the same type of vehicle in the northeast.
    What state are you from?
    MA but open to dealers anywhere in the northeast.
    Give me your email and I will give you the dealer and the sale person's name.
    sumgunb@gmail.com
  • qarlqarl Member Posts: 1
    What tactics are you all using to get these deals? Just going in and being firm from the beginning. Have you all been starting with a low 20% discount price and holding your ground?

What geographic markets are you all in? I'm wondering if certain areas are flooded with more '10s than others and are willing to bargain more.

I'm looking at a Palladium/Ash E350 locally with P02, Panorama, Sport, Wheels. Sticker is $57615

Wondering if dealing with a trade-in will affect their position on discounts.

I'm looking in the Central Florida area, but need to
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    if your in the florida area, or anyone else that wants a no haggle 20%+ off deal, let me know. I work with this gall, and she always takes care of me. She will get you what you want. I have no afilliation, just a happy customer. email me at vinodc at gmail dot com
    Anyone know of good dealers in Texas who are doing 20% haggle free deals on E classes?

I walked out on my guy who wouldnt budge although I had approved credit and made a serious offer.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Isn't supply of the 2010s getting a little thin?
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    The price you are being quoted is "fair", but you should be able to get a brand new one for the same price. The sport pkg gives you sport suspension (stiffer) with some body adjustments. The car sits about 2 inches lower than the luxury version. The rear exhausts are integrated into the rear bumper. The dashboard and instruments are "metallic silver". The wheel pkg you refer to gives you the AMG wheels and sports steering sheel.

Most E350's come with the sports pkg. If you live in a major city with lots of potholes, I would not suggest getting the sport pkg. I live in southeast florida and have no problems with potholes, so I like the sport package. I also have the wheel package.

I paid 49100 + tax for mine in January, but they had a 3000 dealer incentive and PRemium pkg incentive this month. I think you can do a little bit better, assuming your dealer has some 2010's left in stock. If he doesn't, then you need to settle for what you can get. Most dealers down here don't have any 2010's left.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

thanks for wonderful information .... this dealer only had 2 sitting on lot, other was 4 Matic but with 3 K miles (demo) so I had very limited choice ..... so I took the 47 K offer. I know I could have done better but CARs were flying off the lot so had to take a shot.

other good thing he did was he gave me 3 yrs 75 for 3 K.
    No, they still have some few. The dealer I went to had 4 E-classes, 5 or 6 C Classes left.
    edited September 2010
    I just closed the deal on E350 '10, Sport Package, Pearl Beige/Almond MbTex, P1, Pano Sunroof, MSRP $55,215 for $45,725 + TTL. 4.29% Apr for 66 months, no trade In.

Was a major haggle, but finally closed the deal. Good deal or Ok deal?

Also, I was looking for a black interior which looks cleaner for longer but they didnt have any left. Does the Almond interior stay clean or stain and look old after a while?
    Excellent deal. That is below invoice including the 4500 dealer incentive they had. Just make sure the vehicle you purchased was not damaged in any way. Check paint, etc. IF everything ok, then the deal is superb. If it was a demo, with some miles on it, it's still good, considering it's 2000 under invoice when considering the 4500 incentive as well. Lots of luck.

2021 Genesis G90

Why would you add "lojack" to the car? Mercedes "MBrace" includes locating the car in case it is stolen. Why pay the extra money for lojack?

As for the "sirius" traffic report lady, I don't understand that one. I have traffic on my MB sirius account, but all I get is the yellow and red cars on the route, showing slow or heavy traffic. Is there some audible lady who comes on and tells you something through the sirius channels? What am I missing here? Hmmmm. Let me know.

Enjoy the car. This is my 8th MB in the past 20 years, and it is the best, by far. The price you paid seems to be in the ballpark for this time of the model year.

I paid 49110, plus tax in January. That was 2000 under invoice at the time. So I think I got a good deal considering I've been driving the car for 9 months.

Good Luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• mbnycmbnyc Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have negotiated the following, can i push it further?

2011 Sport Wagon
    MB Text
    Rear Entertainement
    Prem 1 package
    Rear side air bags
    321 AMG Sport
    Panorama Roof
    Black Ashwood
    Heated Front seats
    All weather mats
    3 year maintaince

MSRP $65,213
    Negt Price $59,000

Please let me know I would like to close this tommrow.
    Thanks
    Not a demo. Has 40 miles on it. Checked paint and everything. All good.Thanks.
    On a 2011, where there are no incentives, that is a good deal. That is right about invoice, if I am not mistaken. I doubt you can do too much better, but it's always worth a try.

Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

Then the deal you got was excellent.

2021 Genesis G90

• jerryd310jerryd310 Member Posts: 3
    MBNYC Can you tell me the name and location of that dealer on the 2011 sport wagon?
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Looking for the same car but to lease....

Any ideas what this should lease for with Sport package,P2 and pano roof ($64,835 list) on a 39 month lease/10k miles in NJ with just inception fees down? Thanks
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Member Posts: 31
    Hey guys,
    I'm in the NYC area and am looking to get a 2010 E350.
    The closest MB dealer told me that the 2010 E-classes were sold out.
    So this dealer that I contacted had 3 of them left.
    One of them is
    2010 E350W/4 BLACK /ALMOND IT HAS P2 PKG , SPORT PKG ,
    PANORAMA ROOF
    M.S.R.P IS 60,145
    FOR $54197
    I think taking less than 6k off of a 2010 car is not that good.

I did tell the dealer that unless he's willing to take 20% off the sticker, I won't budge--which then he promptly stopped contacting me.
    Is asking 20% off msrp too much?
    definitely take 20% off.
    You should get at least 20% off. You can get a 2011 for what the dealer wants.
    20% is good deal, but if they have shortage of inventory like I had, you should settle for a bit less, 18% or something. You just have to negotiate hard and work your way upto the 20% off, they will not just give it to you outright.

I had to keep them engaged and push slowly towards my target. Good luck.
    When there is a shortage you may not get the color combination that you wanted. Tell them you are not crazy about the color and see what happens. When there are only a few left it might be because of the color combination.
    I told my dealer to contact me if he decides to change his mind.
    I don't think it would be wise for me to contact him before he does because
    it just shows that I'm desperate for the car.
    What should be my best strategy?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    There is a good chance he won't contact you. The price you want is almost $5k below TMV, and a couple of grand below his cost. Unless he wants to sell you a car at a big loss, you should perhaps look at other brands.
    It is near to the end of the month. You never know unless you try. Good luck to you.
    Thanks,
    I've seen other guys get it,
    but the only dealer with 2010 E350 left won't budge.
    I don't know why, but the thought of getting the 2011 E350
    for about 6-7k more makes me feel that I'm getting ripped off for some reason.
    I don't see a sense of paying 6-7k more for a car that's basically the same.
    Would buying the 2011 model fetch me 6-7k more than the 2010 model when I sell the car? I'd think a couple of grand more but not that much.
    I plan to buy a car within a week, and I am not sure what to do.
    Should I:
    1. Buy a C300 instead,
    2. Wait till December and hope for a good discount?
    I don't think I want to spend more than 45k for my new car.
    Thanks for your input.
    That is what I paid for my 2010 E350 4matic. Took delivery on August 30th. I drove a C300 when I was looking to buy a new car. My back was bothering me at the time. Then I drove the E350. What a difference on my back. The E350 is more comfortable. It is the end of the month. You got nothing to lose if you try one more time. Good luck.
  • korientkorient Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how much is the rebate in Oct.?

Thanks,
  • doanmquangdoanmquang Member Posts: 34
    I think most people knows yet about the rebate amount for Oct but if you wait for Dec to Jan. I think it will be 4500 or some sort of combination.....

For me, I definitely wait until end of Jan. 2011. Because the car is cost at least 6 to 7 thousand dollars cheaper. I got my Sedan 335i MSRP $51,000 for $37,000 (before tax, title, doc fee and registration).