Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• ntreegingntreeging Member Posts: 3
    Carman - I posted this in the other MB forum - so pardon the double post - no one has answered that one

Just curious if this is a good deal.
    2011 E350W - P2 package plus sun room, split rear seats, leather, paladium silver

MSRP with $875 destination and delivery is
    $60710.00
    Price they are selling it for $51981.00
    Sales tax #3248.81
    Other fees (385.99) license, title, etc

51 month lease, due at signing first month's payment +license title - $981.00
    Residual $31569.00
    Payment - $699
    Money factor - .00260 (I have top credit, returning customer, turning in other E350 3 months early)

Seems like they are not taking off the current $2k promotion - and seems like they are adding a small amount to the money factor. I'm in TX - and I believe they could use tax credits to get rid of that tax - which is what I'm pushing for. Thoughts? Update on this - they say no tax credits (whatever) and that the $2k is already factored in.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Yes, it is an excellent deal. They must be taking off the 2k promotion in order to price the vehicle the way they are. Over 8K off sticker is an excellent deal, however I do not know how that relates to a lease. They may have another incentive on leases. The 2k off should apply to leases.

2021 Genesis G90

• anilpunjabi1anilpunjabi1 Member Posts: 7
    e350 4 matic with p2, parktronic, andamg sport package, prepaid maintainence, panaromic roof
    msrp 63619
    sell price; 55800
    lease deal: 2 yr 10k miles per year - 695 a month (685 wo maint), 1720 due at signing

got the iridium silver with black interior - looks amazing
    Sounds like a great deal. Indium Silver nice, P2 w/4matic great. Just enjoy. You'll find that the new E class is far superior to the old body style and suspension. Corners better, handles better, more room in the interior, and a much heavier feel to the vehicle even though the weight is very similar to the old E class.

24 month lease is a perfect lease since you don't tire of the car in that short a period of time.

Good luck

2021 Genesis G90

• makejavamakejava Member Posts: 5
    Bought the car over the weekend.
    E350 4Matic
    Iridium Silver, black
    115V AC
    Parktronic
    Pano roof
    spoiler
    P02
    AMG Wheel
    MSRP $63170, bought at $55750 included $1000 fleet discount.

Now I have the question about those insurance the dealer try to sell to me. My biggest question is on the Tire and Wheel Protection, do I really need it?

Thanks,
    Good luck! I live in Florida, where the roads do not have pot holes and are in pretty good condition. If I lived in NY area, or another area of the country where there are pot holes or debris all over the roads, I would get the tire/wheel protection. I have the AMG wheels also with those low profile tires. If you hit a pot hole with those tires and wheels, chances are you will blow out the tire and possibly bend the wheel. That is when it pays to get that insurance. If you don't have poor roads, the insurance is not necessary. Over the past 4 years, I've had E350's with tire and wheel packages and have never had a problem. But remember, I live in a warmer climate with excellent to good roads.

2021 Genesis G90

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    I'm not sure of the extent of the coverage on the tire and wheel policy or its cost but it might be worth considering. Do some searching here and on benzworld.org. I've seen several complaints about cracking of the 18" AMG wheels on the sport edition of the E. I haven't seen complaints about the smaller wheel on the luxury edition. The larger diameter wheel has a tire with to shorter sidewall depth and less room for the sidewall to flex and absorb impact if you strike potholes, etc. at high speed.
    Ask your dealers parts dept the price of a replacement wheel for your E and then check tirerack.com to get an ideal of prices of replacement tires. Seeing the numbers may make your decision easier.
    My knee jerk reaction would be to buy it for the sport model but decline it on the luxury,. But I've been wrong before.
    You got a nice deal...enjoy your car.
    If you don't have the sport package, then DON'T BUY IT! The rims and tires on your 4 matic are not that expensive to replace. It's the AMG wheels and large 18" tires that are expensive. Don't waste your money. I used to be in the car business, and I only recommended it to people who had expensive rims and tires.

2021 Genesis G90

• makejavamakejava Member Posts: 5
    Mine is sport with 18" AMG wheel, I live in Philly PA, Should I really consider it?
    Definitely! In a city like Philadelphia, where there are many, many pot holes and road debris on interstates, I would purchase the insurance. I think it costs about $300.00, plus or minus a few bucks. All you need to do is use it just once, and it's more than paid for itself. If the cost has gone up sustantially, like $700.00, it is still worth the expense. Check with the dealer for limits - like how much will the policy reimburse you. If the limit is $2000.00, then it is still worth the expense.

The main concern I have is the limitations and numbers of times you can file a claim. I believe that replacing the tire is around 275.00 dollars, and the rim is about 600.00 dollars or so.

Again, if I lived in NY, Philadephia, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, New Jersey, etc., I would purchase the policy. Since I live in an area that is well-maintained (roads that is) and in good to excellent condition, it is not in my best interest since I probably will never use the policy.

2021 Genesis G90

• banker71banker71 Member Posts: 8
    I have a GL320 coming off lease . To induce me to lease a new one, the finance manager offered me a special deal that offered employee pricing which was about 10-13% off MSRP. He told me that MB Financial gave them 12 "codes" for this program. Turns out the GL does not qualify but the e Class does. This got my attention and I started talking to them about trading another car for a new e350 4-Matic.

Does anyone know about this program?

What is the discount?

Can this be combined with the $2,000 currently offered.

Is there any other incentive for MB Financial customers I should know about?
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    We have a 2009 E350 and live in Beverly Hills -which has among the best roads in the country. Unfortunately, LA does not.

A week after getting the car, my wife runs over a pot hole - one tire gone. Fortunately, MB replaced it free of charge as it was such a new vehicle.

A year later, my wife makes a sharp turn over a curve in Century City...both left side tires shot! $700.

I would get it in a heartbeat...
    Do you have the 18" tires on your 2009 E350?
    Thanks.
    I've know Mercedes Benz dealers to replace a tire, at no charge to the customer, even though it was not a defect in the tire, but rather a road hazzard. I referred my doctor to my dealer for a new black S550 sport. About a week or two later, they pulled a huge bolt out of one of his tires and wanted to charge him for the tire, etc. I called my service manager, whom I know quite well, and asked if he could do something for my doctor. He called me back and said he would replace his tire a no cost to the doctor. I asked him how he was able to "eat" the cost of that, about 450.00 with balancing and mounting, and he said that he receives credits from tire manufacturers when he buys their tires. In this case, my doctor's tire was a Michelin, and since he had several credits available, he was able to do it for no cost.

So, I guess it's all about who you know and what you know - nothing really changes, does it?

AS for the insurance, like I said, I would purchase the insurance if I lived in a city or area where there are lots of pot holes/road debris, like New York City, Philly, Chicago, LA, St. Louis, etc.

2021 Genesis G90

• piratesampiratesam Member Posts: 1
    2011 E350, Palladium silver, almond seating, black ash interior. Optioned with sport package, P2, dynamic seating, split folding rear seat, heated seats, pano roof, AMG wheel package and rear spoiler. MSRP was $60,050 and I negotiated $54,000, or $1,800 under invoice from Edmunds. Keep in mind this is Silicon Valley so I think that's pretty good.

Also for comparison, I negotiated these other deals as backup:
    **2011 E350, Arctic White, almond seating, black ash int, P1, AMG wheels, pano roof, split folding rear seats, dynamic drivers seat, rear spoiler, heated front seats: MSRP $57,525, dealt down to $52,075

**2011 E350, Arctic White, almond seating, black ash int, P1, split folding rear seats, dynamic drivers seat, heated front seats: MSRP $54,715, dealt down to $49,500

Thanks!
  • e350shoppere350shopper Member Posts: 1
    could you please share the name of the dealer? I am also in the area and am looking for a E350. thx.
  • brod2brod2 Member Posts: 1
    All please let me know if you think this is a good deal.

2009 CPO E350 Sedan with AMG Sports Package and Premium 1 Package.
    Nav and heated seats also included.
    39,000 miles, was a lease vehicle (2 year lease, 1 owner)
    1 year extended warranty (beyond the CPO warranty) has been thrown in by dealer and dealer is asking 34K.

Good deal or keep looking?
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    Prior to buying 2011 E-Class you have to make the most important decision: Sport or Luxury edition. This article Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sport Sedan vs. Luxury Sedan gives the most detailed comparison I've seen so far...

At this point I'm leaning toward Luxury with Premium 2 package, because it adds Daytime Running LED's in the front bumper. Are there any opinions?
    Thanks for posting that link. I'm for luxury all the way. I'd prefer the softer ride and the 17" tires and wheels are less likely to be damaged by road debris and potholes. The wear longer and are less costly to replace. I don't care about the LED running lights.
    Remember, LED daytime running lamps are STANDARD on the sport model, not the luxury. So if you are getting the luxury with P2 so you can get daytime LED running lamps, it's a waste of money.

The luxury sedan, at trade-in time, will not be worth as much as a sport model, according to the used car manager at my dealership. Most people prefer the sport package over the luxury package.

If you are considering the luxury model over the sport model, then I am assuming you prefer a softer ride, smaller wheels and tires, and a less sporty look.

Whatever your decision, good luck. Both models are great cars.

2021 Genesis G90

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    I don't really care about resale value, because I'm going to lease. The residual value is the same on both Luxury and Sport.

Currently, I' m leasing 2008 E350 Sport. I actually test drove both 2011 Sport and Luxury and could not see any difference in performance, but Luxury edition ride felt so much better! Plus Luxury has higher ground clearance, Sport front is so low I would not want to scrape it all over the place...
    You would not see a noticeable difference in performance between the sport and luxury models. The only noticeable difference is the ride (stiffer and less forgiving with the sport) and cornering/handling (more precise with the sport).

I agree with your comment about the lower stance and profile of the sport. I always have to be careful when parking my car here in Florida where all parking is pull-in, pull-out, making sure I do not pull in too close to the wheel stump. My previous sport models (2008-2010) all had scrapes under the front bumper - clearance is very poor. I have vowed that this new 2011 will have no scrapes, but I'm just kidding myself.

With the exception of the suspension, stance, side/front additions, wheels/tires, and the instrument cluster, the cars are the same. Even if I had opted to purchase a luxury model here in south Florida, my dealer would have had to order one for me or dealer trade one for me because he does not carry more than 2 or 3 luxury models at a time compared to 40-50 sport models.

Since you are leasing the vehicle, your decision seems well thought-out. Good luck!

2021 Genesis G90

• bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Bought myself a sport as well and agree with you a 100% on the low profile. Just love the look of the sport maybe because I am still on my 30s?
    I already had a few scratches on my front fender even I paid extra careful.
    Do not undersand why here in LA the wheel stump is not of the same height.
    The wonder of sport is you have two options. Sport and Luxury.
    I go for luxury on my long drive and sport if I'm on my adrenaline rush.
    I find both of this option to my liking so it depend on your preference. Either way is a win win situation.
  • passion4carspassion4cars Member Posts: 2
    Abacomike, sounds like u know what pricing may be in south Florida. I haven't found any quotes like the California discounts. Anyone have any info? Just started to shop. Have E 320
    looking to upgrade/ Thanx
    Hi, passion4cars. I live in the north Broward area, just south of Boca Raton. I used to purchase my cars at Ft. Lauderdale Mercedes, but I now do business ONLY with Mercedes Benz of Delray. They have the best pricing of all the dealers in south Florida. I've purchased 3 new E350's from them over the past two years and have developed a great relationship with the sales manager and general manager. Great dealership, great pricing.

I make the following suggestions to you when you have a trade.

1. Check with Edmunds as well as KellyBlueBook to find out approximately what your trade is worth. When you answer their questions about the trade, be honest - if the car if good, then it's NOT excellent. If the car is fair, then it is NOT good, if you get my drift. You want to go into the dealership armed with approximate "trade value" or "book value" of your trade. Of course, there is always a little wiggle room for negotiation.

2. Next, find out the invoice of the vehicle you are interested in, with all the options you want. This can be found on Edmunds when you build the car you want to purchase. As an example, you would not want to purchase a new E350 without a P1 package. My car came equipped with Premium 1 pkg, rear folding seats and the tire and wheel package. So, I priced the vehicle on Edmunds to find out what invoice is.

3. Next, check on Edmunds to find out if there are any incentives available on the specific vehicle you are interested in. This includes any special financing rates available.

Next, to to the dealer, find a car on the lot that is exactly what your are looking for in terms of color, equipment, etc., and negotiate.

Remember, Mercedes Benz of Pembroke Pines, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray, Pompano, and a few others are all owned by AutoNation. So once you visit one of their dealerships, your information will appear to all the other AutoNation dealerships along with your trade and the appraised value. However, I have found that the Delray dealership, which is fairly new, has the best deals of all their dealerships, and this is from first hand experience.

Hope this helps you.

2021 Genesis G90

Hi bacolod. The two choices you have in the E350 has nothing to do with the "ride", but rather the transmission. You have an E setting and an S setting. The E setting is for "Economy" and the S setting is for "Sport". In Economy mode, the automatic transmission changes gears more quickly, getting you into "hi" gear faster where you get better fuel economy. The Sport mode holds gears for longer periods of time, thus fuel economy is not as good.

I believe only the AMG version of the E class has several settings for ride and handling (I'm not sure if the E550 has those settings). So, those two settings on the E350 models are for transmission, not for ride and handling.

2021 Genesis G90

Passion4cars, there is one more thing you should know. Right now, Mercedes Benz is offering a $2000 loyalty rebate on their E350's along with special financing. Check out Edmunds for specifics.

Thus, if you can negotiate a deal at invoice, you would subtract $2000 from that price. That's why so many people have been getting great deals.

I purchased mine with the $2000 loyalty incentive, and back in Dec., they had special financing up to 66 months at 1.9 % or even better if you negotiate.

Hope this helps.

2021 Genesis G90

• passion4carspassion4cars Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Mike. Will check it out.
    You are welcome. If you decide to visit Mercedes of Delray, ask for the Sales Manager, and say you were referred by "Mike S." That should get you the kind of deal I believe you are looking for.

2021 Genesis G90

• indygindyg Member Posts: 1
    Interested if anyone has found a better price on the following E350 with MSRP of $59,345. Seems like the 4-Matic has changed my ability to negotiate for a lower price in the Midwest.
    -4Matic
    -P1 Package
    -R08 Wheel Package
    -Metallic Paint (Iridium Silver)
    -Panorama Sunroof

Cash Selling Price of $56,595
    Doc Fee and Tire Tax $151.50
    Sales Tax $ 3,962
    Total OTD $60,708

If Anyone has found better prices in the Chicago Area please let me know. Thanks.
    Indyg... "Seems like the 4-Matic has changed my ability to negotiate for a lower price in the Midwest."
    Changed it how? Made it harder or made it easier?
  • donno2011donno2011 Member Posts: 20
    I don't usually post on forums, but thought I'd provide some info on a 2011 E350 lease for 33 months from a dealer in Buena Park, CA. This car is in addition to a 2008 E350 we bought about a year ago from the same dealer. Our salesperson (the best in OC), Arnold was again very helpful. Like many of you, I simply can't stand haggling for hours which is why I decided to forego the two mega-dealers in south Orange County, CA. One wants to convince that you should pay more, and the other gave me the impression they like to grind a deal to dirt. Alternately, the Buena Park dealer gave me the price on the phone in trust that I'd show up, which I did and the price was the same. In summary, P1 pkg with Pano roof, sell price under $50k on a $55365 MSRP. Truecar.com and Carsdirect were higher!

Once you get the price/payment, understand there's other items that remain, which is why a low price is manditory on these cars. I opted for the pre-paid service (at a discount) and also the wear & tear protection (just over $600), both of which were worth the added cost because the wear & tear protection may seem like a profit gambit, but once Susan in finance explained the idea behind it in regards to the cost being less than the cost of an OEM windshield if there's a crack/chip, it was worthwhile. The last thing I want to do is be arm-twisted later to either buy another MB or possibly enter a lengthy arguement over what's "normal" wear & tear. Understand these cars have a "circle of life" in that the bigger picture for Mercedes Finance and the dealer network is to recover well-maintained cars to sell in the secondary CPO market. Cars with wheel damage, window chips, bald tires, etc, will cause the lessee to be subject to possible added out-of-pocket costs because the resale market is extremely competitive to sell these cars. I also bought the service package at a discount good for the life of the lease. Again, seems cheesy, but for me the pre-pay gets the cost out of the way now vs. taking a chance on paying more later (convenience factor).

In general, for those trying to calc a lease payment, please understand the acquisition fee and the return fee must be added to the lease. On short-term leases that can add $40+/mo which may explain why people believe the dealer is charging more than what's calculated at home. Suggest downloading a lease calculator that prompts for these costs.

For those in the LA and Orange County areas of Southern CA, call Arnold at the Buena Park store, and ask for Mark to help in sales management, and Susan in finance. As a final thought, the audio system in the 2011 E350 is absolutely astounding, which is important for me, plus the ambient lighting is such a cool feature in the interior. Did not know that existed until a night test drive. Plus, the voice activated command center really does respond without re-saying the command. Plus, for anyone with the prior style like me, the 2011 is a huge upgrade.
  • sharpsharksharpshark Member Posts: 5
    I just bought in NCal, 4-Matic with premium 1,2,para. Roof, sport wheel upgrade, with park tronic. Only $55300.
    Only took me 20 min. talk to get that price, shouldn't be that hard.
  • norcal6norcal6 Member Posts: 2
    indyg,
    can you tell me the dealer you got this deal from. i am looking for the same package.
  • sharpsharksharpshark Member Posts: 5
    I got it from the Mercedes at Pleasanton CA.
    Look for the sales names Fred, he is a very nice guy, and the best sales there.
  • norcal6norcal6 Member Posts: 2
    thanks sharpshark. i live nearby there. so it is perfect for me.
  • sfbayhssfbayhs Member Posts: 3
    Bought E350 sport sedan with P1, wheel pkg, rear spoiler etc. MSRP 56355, paid 48700 + taxes. Just wanted to check if this a reasonable deal for SF Bay area....
  • dyc3dyc3 Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me which dealer in the Bay Area? Any suggestions in negotiating and which dealers to avoid. Thanks.
    Autobahn Motors. I did all my negotiation over email. Didn't have to haggle too much, their starting point was quite reasonable. Tried some other dealers in the south bay, but they wouldn't send quotes by email and wanted to discuss over phone.
  • dyc3dyc3 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for info. Notice prices on Autobahn site are MSRP. Did they provide better pricing when request for ePrice? Did you also receive any other special/promo? Did you try Pleasanton? I am planning to purchase.
    Once you send in an enquiry, one of the Internet sales managers will contact you by email/phone, and you can get price quotes from them based on the options you select. There are a few incentives available -- loyalty (for current MB owners), fleet discount (depending on your employer), competitor incentive (if you currently own a competitor vehicle such as Lexus, Acura etc). You can't combine incentives, so you pick the best one.
  • fromsocalfromsocal Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys,
    I am in Orange county, California, have my eyes on a 350E RWD with P1 and Driver-Assist, the MSRP of 57K, I need to buy it before next Monday, is it possible to negotiate the price below 50K?

Thanks
    If you use Edmunds to determine invoice of your vehicle, you will find it is a few thousand above 50K. Some dealers are willing to sell a vehicle at triple net, which is their invoice less holdback, incentives, etc. I believe that there is currently an incentive from Mercedes for leasing, but I have not found anything for purchases.

If you can find a dealer willing to sell at triple net cost, you might get very close, but I would doubt such a deal can be had prior to summer months. Here in the eastern US, the same is true. Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

Go to House of Imports in Buena Park (I bought a 2011 E350 and 2011 C300) for best prices. Salesman initials are AA (not allowed to use names).
    Just got the details on major changes in the E350 Sedan for 2012, which are being ordered by dealerships across the country in the next 2-6 weeks.

New 3.5 Liter DIRECT INJECTION V6 Engine developiong 302 hp w/273 lb-ft of torque
    LED daytime running lights are now standard on both sport and luxury sedans
    New Lane Tracking Package
    Color Instrument Cluster
    Media interface has been relocated to the center console
    LED license plate lighting

Those are the major changes in the E350 for 2012. They were able to increase horsepower to 302 from 268 by means of a new Direct Injection System. Additionally, the fuel economy has been increased by 10% due to this change. So, more horsepower with better fuel economy, what more can you ask for.

They've added a new color, Lunar Blue Metallic, which is between royal blue and sky blue in intensity.

That's about all I was able to find out on the new E350. I am going to guess that there will be another price increase in the vehicles due primarily to the decreasing value of the U.S. Dollar. So I am figuring on another $1000 or so.

If I get any more info, will pass it along.

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks Donno2011, do you mind to share the price on 350E MSRP and final.
    MSRP $56k...sell $48.7k. Hope that helps.
    Donno2011, THANKS a lot!! really appreciate
    I will go there this weekend asking for AA.
    Just tell them you want the sales guy who sold a white E with pano roof and blue C within 10 days. He recently got married. Poor AA!
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Hello Donno,'

Been following your post recently. Wanted to before I call the dealer today do you know the MF and resideual value for the E class w P1 Pack same as yours. Thanks and congrat on your new car.