Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    donno2011donno2011 Member Posts: 20
    MF .0024, 33 mo/15k., and I recall residual was .70 or .71.
  • Options
    nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Donno,
    Thanks a lot for you help. :)
  • Options
    kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    edited April 2011
    Do you know when the 2012 E350 will start appearing at the dealer? I'd like to take a a shot at the 2011 when the prices start dropping.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    From what my dealership told me, sometime in August, or a bit sooner. He said he and many other Mercedes Dealerships are not expecting delivery on 2012's until that time. They are just beginning to order them, and it takes about 3 months from time of order to time of delivery. Hope this is helpful.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Thanks...that timing should work out for me if I decide to pick up a 2011. I'm also considering a CPO 2009 v 2010. I know the last year of the W211 was sorted out and from what I can tell, relatively trouble free. Not sure about the first year of the new model.
  • Options
    No problem, and if I get any further info, I'll pass it along. I had several of the old body style E's, and each of them was totally trouble free. I also had a 2010 E 350, which was also totally trouble free. If you are considering a new 2011, I would strongly suggest that you purchase a 2012 with the new engine. Once the new engine is out, the value of 2011's and earlier will drop more than usual. The 2012 will hold its value longer.

I expect that Mercedes will renew its offer of 2000 loyalty rebate dollars on the new 2012 for previous owners and a special finance rate. That would bring the cost of a new vehicle very much in range.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    I also worked with Autobahn with their internet sales guy A.L. Very easy to work with and to talk with. Offered great deals and very straightforward. I would work with them and him again in a second.
  • Options
    storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    2012 E-Class will be available around September. You can read the complete specifications with color chips and packages here: 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class changes and updates: Sedans and Wagons!.

Actually it's a little skeptical about new E550 and new engines overall. So if you can get a good deal on 2011 - you probably should do so...
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Good info...and you're probably right about getting a 2011 over the 2012 with the new engine.
  • Options
    Found out from my dealership that they have not yet ordered 2012's since ordering is not yet "open" to them for sedans. As soon as he can order 2012's, he'll let me know and I'll pass it along. With the new engine and improved fuel economy, I asked him to go ahead and order me one in silver with black interior with premium 1 and tire/wheel package. With gasoline prices going up and the decreasing value of the U.S. dollar, I think that the 2012 would be a wise purchase early on before values drop much more.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    I am in the market for an E class send in the Atlanta, but will go out of state if necessary.
    Does anyone know about the USAA credit union incentive with a purchase. I've been advised it is 3500. Do you know how this incentive is structured should it be off the msrp or off the actual sales price? Should I be looking for additional incentives on a cash purchase or do you think it matters? Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks JP
  • Options
    raymmerraymmer Member Posts: 16
    I leased a 2011 E Class at the end of April using USAA. Basically, at that time I got the vehicle for $1850 below invoice. MSRP was 58600 and I got it for 51,xxx.
  • Options
    I think if you go on zag.com and select USAA you'll see the USAA price.
  • Options
    sharpsharksharpshark Member Posts: 5
    Please check with R.A.B Motors Mercedes at San Rafael. Look for sale named Fred. He is very nice guy, I have got mine with a very good deal from him, and planning to buy the second one from him soon.
  • Options
    losang30losang30 Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I am set on a E350 Steel Grey p2 package, 18" AMG wheels, accessory styling package, Ac power outlet for potential lease or purchase.

The MSRP is $58,920.00

After going back and forth they will do the following. They will keep it available for me till tomorrow

Lease it out at 600.00 a month for 33 months, includes 15k (excluding tax). 1400 drive off, includes TAX, license and 1st month. Tax includes, I am looking at 650 a month.

Purchase it out.

The purchase price of $49870.00.

I think the purchase price is an aggressive number.

Can anyone give me any advice. Which way to go. I like the lease, but the purchase price seems almost too good to be true.

I dont have a current MB or a Conquest vehicle and as result there are no incentives there.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response.

Im in CA. I went to the dealer and found out why the numbers are what they are.

Apperantly, Mercedes has a program called customre Advocacy Program, which is reserved for VIP customers, and employees and employees familites and associates of the dealership.

Is anyone familiar with this program. It does require me to sign a document acknowleding that I am reciveing the said discount which is approximately $2600 off.

Has anyone heard of this program Customer Advocay Program and does it affet my obligations under the lease etc.

Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    Never heard of it.... can't imagine it will affect your lease..

That's an aggressive selling price.... but, with tax rolled in, you'd have a nearly $1000 finance payment for 60 months... I like that 33 month lease for $650 a lot better..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you.

I appreciate it. I also think that it's a aggressive price for the lease. I will call them up tommorrow and get it done.

Thanks
  • Options
    The USAA incentive is now $4000.00 on an E class vehicle for puchase. June 30th is the last day it is available. I know, I just bought a new E350 Sport, got $4000.00 off "invoice" plus another $1500.00 dealer incentive. Car listed for $57,000.00 and change, paid $47,000.00. Great deal.

You must be a member of USAA, which means you or your dad/mom had to be a veteran and one of you must currently have a policy of insurance or investment with USAA. Doesn't matter what kind of insurance, could be home, car, personal liability, or even a small policy on a piece of jewelry. Then, they issue the dealership the incentive certificate.

Hope this helps and good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    souldog1souldog1 Member Posts: 2
    What exactly is Mercedes Benz texture seats? Do they hold up better than genuine leather?
  • Options
    aliceb1aliceb1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a lease quote on a 2011 E class with P1, Parktronic for $55,800 MSRP for 15,000 miles with nothing down. We qualify for conquest credit.

The best deal I am getting is MSRP 55k. $0 down and $620 a month plus tax on 15,000 miles per year. Sale price: 46k.

Another deal is MSRP $55,800. $1700 drive off and $590 a month on 15,000 miles per year.

It seems that since I qualify for Conquest and have Tier 1 credit, I should do better. The invoice is around 50k (minus 4k Conquest = sale price that I am getting. Should I also expect to negotiate 1k+ off invoice in addition to Conquest credit?)

I am in Northern CA
  • Options
    mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    it seems like a good deal, based on what i've been quoted recently.

however, if i were going to drop 20K on a car over the next three years i would wait for the 2012 - the cars have 20% more HP (over 300) and apparently better mileage too!
  • Options
    I've had both, the leather seats and the MBtex seats. They both breathe in the hot sun very well here in south Florida, especially during the summer. If you are looking to get a black interior, either is fine. But, if you are getting a lighter interior (grey or beige), I found that MBtex cleans up much faster than the leather. Most C and E class vehicles come from the factory with MBtex, not leather. Leather is standard on the S, CLS, etc. There is definitely a smoother feel to the leather, but both the tex and the leather seem quite stiff, and quite frankly, most people cannot tell the difference when just looking at them side by side. Of course, leather smells like leather.

Since I live in south Florida where the humidity and heat are miserable from June through late October, I prefer the MBtex for better cleanup. We wear shorts here year-round, and the soiling of those seats is prominent.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    verbowverbow Member Posts: 7
    I would try to get $1500 more off; Mercedes has a current dealer incentive that should be passed onto you.
  • Options
    souldog1souldog1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks much for your help. Just seemed rather odd a car in this price range offering anything but genuine leather seats. But as you say, most of the E's on the lot have the MB-tex...
  • Options
    aliceb1aliceb1 Member Posts: 3
    Both dealers pretty much laughed when I mentioned an additional discount. On MSRP of 55.8, they offered me 47k. If I understood you guys correctly, the invoice is 50k minus 4k Conquest minus $1,500 additional savings (is there a name of that program?). So that should bring the purchase price to around 44.8? The best price I got was for 46k ($0 down/ $620 a month for 15,000 miles per year). How do I negotiate further? Any particular dealership in Northern CA that might work with me?
  • Options
    If you can get the $4000 USAA incentive or the $4000 conquest incentive, start at invoice, less $4000, less $1500. That's what I paid ($9600+) off MSRP. My E350 MSRP's at $56495.00 and I paid $46,950. If you can't get either of the $4000 incentives/discounts, I believe dealers have an additional incentive for top-of-the-line clients (their best customers). So you should be able to do better than invoice less $1500.

Hope this helps.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Yes. I am aware of this discount. However, from what I am told, you cannot apply that discount + a USAA or Conquest discount of $4000.00. They can apply the $1500.00 incentive, but not both. Don't know if they told me the truth, but that's what I understand.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    ex007ex007 Member Posts: 13
    I'm a USAA member, but don't see the $4,000 discount when I use the online buying program. Is there some other method to get the discount? Thanks...
  • Options
    No. Log on to the USAA site, log-in. Then select Auto buying service. Select 2011 E350 sedan, build the car, it will show you the invoice. Click on "incentive" discounts. YOu should find 2 discounts of $2000. One is the regular discount, the other is a special discount incentive for June, only.

If that doesn't work, call USAA at the phone number listed on the site. They should be able to assist you.

Remember, you need to have a policy of some sort with them.

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    dl8468dl8468 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know for a fact when this program is ending? Every dealership that I speak to is saying this month but I just want to know for sure.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Programs usually run month to month, and only MB knows if they will end, be changed, or extended. Dealers have to assume the program is over the end of the month until they hear otherwise, which is usually after the first of the new month.
  • Options
    From my experiences, programs like these are usually extended for a month or two. Remember, they are coming out with a new engine in October on the 2012's, so they are more than willing to divest themselves of their inventories of 2011's. But to be on the safe side, and to have a nice selection of 2011's to chose from (colors, equipments, etc.) I would take advantage of it ASAP.

Purchasing a new E350 with a $4000 discount below what your negotiated price is a rare opportunity. I just bought one for more than $9600 under sticker (used USAA special $4000 incentive along with dealers $1500 incentive and a price below invoice), and I jumped at it.

Good luck. I believe the Mercedes Benz E350 sport with at least a premium 1 package is a fantastic automobile. I"ve owned many of them, and each has been problem free and a delight.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    What cars qualify for the Conquest Program? Does Merecedses currently have loyalty rebate for E350 purchasers? Thanks.
  • Options
    For the conquest program, if you trade in a Lincoln, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Cadillac, Lexus, or most other LUXURY vehicles and makes, you qualify for $4000 off the price.

As for "loyalty", you can get up to $4000 off if you are a very, very good customer at a specific Benz Dealership (there is $1500 + another $2500 for topline customers or employees).

It's really up to the dealership whether or not they will give you all those incentives. I know that if you use a "loyalty" incentive, you cannot get any other incentives. If you use USAA incentive (for those who currently are members of USAA and have an existing policy of insurance or investment with USAA), you cannot get the $2500 incentive, but you can qualify for the $1500 incentive.

I know it sounds confusing, and believe me, it is. Get your best price, and then you deduct the incentives or cash back, etc.

Hope this helps

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    Is money factor for June on an E class 4matic .00240? Dealer is telling me .00250.
    What is residual % on 48month/12K lease. Dealer says 53%, but I'm finding 54% other places.
    What should the acquisition fee be? Charging me doc fee of 279, title 17, acqusition 1095. All appear fluff to me.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike...
  • Options
    fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75
    I am a USAA member as well, but I thought that in order to get the discount you had to get the car through them online. Can I go to the dealer and negotiate for best price possible and then drop the hammer on them for the additional 4K?? Does anyone know??

Semper Fi
  • Options
    First of all, make sure the dealer you want to buy the car from is accepting USAA discounts. USAA will determine the invoice for you after you build your car, then click on pricing and rebates.

For this month, there is $4000.00 available, and if you currently have a mercedes, you can get another $1500 dealer incentive.

My car listed for $56495 (Premium 1, metallic paint, fold down rear seats, spoiler) and I paid $9650 less than sticker.

Once you have arrived at a negotiated price (most dealers in large metro areas will sell the vehicle at or close to invoice), then lay on them that you are a member of USAA. They will go online for you, print out the coupon(s), etc.
    They then submit it to Mercedes Benz with the deal.

I hope this helps.

Good luck, it sure helped me to get a new E350 sport well below invoice.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    gosox1gosox1 Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2011
    Hi,

We didn't know about the M-B Conquest program, but the sales person (we met early July, not June) asked what do we drive. So one of our cars qualified for Conquest, but he offered $2000, not the $4000 described in this thread. So does anyone know what is the Conquest amount for July? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    The first thing I would do is contact Mercedes Benz Customer Service. You can do this by calling 800-367-6372 (it's their roadside assistance number, but I believe it can also connect you to customer service, as I have done this before). Ask them what the "conquest" amount is. They will tell you.

I have a suspicion that the salesperson is trying to pull something over you. If Mercedes Benz says the amount is $4000.00, don't buy the car at that dealership since they tried to scam you. Go to another dealership, get your best price, and "then" ask them to deduct the $4000.00. My guess is that it is still $4,000.00.

Be interested in finding out. Good Luck

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    gosox1gosox1 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for that helpful suggestion. M-B CS said that the $4000 Conquest fee is good till Aug 31.

So here's the deal I have so far: $8500 off MSRP plus a service coupon for $150. They will probably have to swap/locate for similar E350. So if the dealer can keep a 3+% holdback of $1750, then I am figuring the dealer will have a profit of ~ $1700 or about 2.8%. And no trade/financing.

How does that sound to folks?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I knew the dealer was trying to scam you!!! I also checked and you are correct, it goes until the end of August.

If there is another dealership not too far away from the one that tried to scam you, I would go to that dealership instead. Besides, you might be able to get another $1000.00, or so off the price. Just make sure the other dealership is not owned by the same owners.

I just don't like doing business with scammers or salespeople who try to scam you. I have purchased 4 E350's from the same dealership here in south Florida because they are so honest and up front with me and those associates and friends I refer to them.

The deal you have sounds pretty good considering you do not currently drive a Benz, which would qualify you for an extra discount they have for repeat and good customers.

Good luck with whatever you do. I just recommend you go to one other dealership, lay the pricing on them, and see if they can beat it. Also, the other dealership might have the car you are looking for. Usually, if you select a vehicle they have in stock, they will discount the car a little more. Remember, dealers have to pay shipping of the car, which could cost $250.00 or more, depending upon where they have to import the car from.

Let me know how you make out.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Just pulled the trigger on a Palladium/black E550 Sport 4Matic, with Premium 1 Pkg, split rear seats, and panorama roof.

MSRP $67,175 (inc. dest. & del.)
    Sales price $57,900 (inc. Conquest incentive)

Also, got more than $2,000 on my trade than Edmunds said I should have, so a fair deal.

There were other dealers who would have gone lower, but I wanted to stay local.
  • Options
    kc_06kc_06 Member Posts: 15
    I am looking to buy an used 2010 E350 Sedan and would appreciate some help regarding what should be the fair price for 2 cars available at my local dealer...

Used 2010 E350
    Color: Palladium Silver
    Options: Premium1 and AMG sport, rear fold down seat and parktronic
    Interior: ashblack
    Mileage: 24K
    Price Listed: 47481

Used 2010 E350
    Color: Grey
    Options: Premium1 and AMG sport, Panoramic sunroof
    Interior: ashblack
    Mileage: 19K
    Price Listed: 48981

These are the prices listed.....both prices are below KBB value, but I have seen in this forum that people have bought new car with similar options at 48 or 49K. I am located in the bay area, so what price would be a good bargain price for either of these cars?

Thanks for the help.
    KC
  • Options
    From my experiences, I would offer them $40,000 for either one of them. I checked with Manheim, which lists actual auction prices for these vehicles, and they are being auctioned at $35,00 to $37,000, depending on mileage and condition. If these are "certified" preowned cars, which Mercedes Benz, not the dealership, warrants for 100,000 total miles and 6 or 7 years, bumper to bumper, then i would offer $1500.00 more.

Remember, you can purchase a brand new E350 with the same equipment for $48000 to $49,000, with either the "Concquest" 4000 discount, a USAA discount, or similar. I would bring that up to them when negotiating. Why would you spend $45,000 on a 2010 when you can get a brand new 2011 for a few thousand more?

I hope this helps a bit.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Thanks a lot for your response, this really helps. I also had that price in mind though what bothers me is that I should be able to get a new one for a little bit more. How do I get the Conquest or USAA discount?

I will propose this price of 40K for these cars, but will still look around for a used with < 10K miles with similar equipment....how much should the price vary if the mileage is < 10K
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    If the 2010 has less than 10K miles, and is still certified by Mercedes, I might pay $1000 or $1500 more for the vehicle. Remember, it pays to get one that is certified, which most of them are. The dealer has to pay $1500 or so to have the vehicle certified. That extends the warranty to 100K miles.

The conquest discount applies only if currently own a luxury vehicle. As an example, if you have a Lincoln, BMW, Cadillac, Volvo, Audi, Jaguar, etc., you are eligible for a $4000 discount on a 2011 E Class. If you don't drive a luxury vehicle, but have an older Mercedes Benz, you can qualify for up to $4000 in incentive the dealer has available.

If you are a Veteran, you can join USAA (usaa.com). Once you've joined, in order to qualify for an incentive, you must have a policy or account with them. If you don't, you can take out a small policy on a piece of jewelry, which might cost $24.00 a year, like I did. Then, you qualify for their purchasing service.

You build your car and they tell you what they will give you for an incentive. Last month, it was $4000. I don't know what it is this month, but you can check. But remember, THAT IS $4000 BELOW INVOICE OF THAT CAR They will tell you what the invoice price is, less $4000, which brings the cost of the vehicle to the $48,000 range.

With the discounts available on a new E350, I believe it might be wiser to just purchase a new one for a few thousand more. IF you don't qualify for incentives, then the decision is up to you.

Hope this helps.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    I do not know how to thank you....but you have been a great help. I am not a veteran so I cannot get the USAA discount. Also I drive an old 1997 Infiniti I30 (an old entry level luxury), since it is an entry level, that does not qualify me for a mercedez E class discount :-)

........based on these it seems that I am better off with an older car. But I agree that if I qualified for these incentives, it made more sense to get a new car.
  • Options
    You don't have to be a veteran. If your parents, in-laws, spouse, ex-spouse served in the armed forces, you can qualify.