Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• kc_06kc_06 Member Posts: 15
    I recently bought my first E350. As per the negotiation, the dealer has also agreed to tint the windows at his cost, but his suggestion was not to get the windows tinted. He also mentioned that his MB dealership cannot tint the windows, but still if need it, he will have to get it done with an outside vendor...

I live in California (Bay Area)...so can someone help me with the tinting laws in CA and also whether to get the tints done on 2011 E350 ?

Any recommendation for where to get the tints done? I am thinking that if I let the dealer do, then he might get it done cheaply.....since he mentioned that MB dealership won't do it....so maybe I might be better off getting it done myself...at a reputed place...

Thanks for all the help
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I usually tint my windows here in Florida, but I never tinted my windows when I lived in Northern CA. When I lived in Palm Desert, I definitely tinted them, for obvious reasons.

This last car I bought here in FL, I did not tint the windows, and I have found little, if any difference. I would not get them tinted. Night vision is decreased with them.

2021 Genesis G90

You got a great deal! Enjoy the car. I"ve had many E350's, and everyone of them performed without any problems. I have never had to take my car back to the dealer for any reason except oil changes.

2021 Genesis G90

• kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    You can google window tinting and the california vehicle code but in general tinting is only permitted on the rear window and the rear side windows. No tinting of windshield or driver's or passenger side windows. Officer Friendly wants to be able to see you when he approaches the car at night. Minimum light transmission permitted is 88%.
    I think there were several threads on tinting on mbworld.org and benzworld.org. Most recommended use of a ceramic rather than metallic tint. Ceramic eliminates possible problems with blocking of cell phone and other electronic signals.
    WHY did the dealer recommend not tinting the windows? Ask the service manager for a recommendation for a tint shop when you're in for your first service or stop by a MB, BMW or Porsche dealer service department for a recommnendation.
    Use a tint shop. Workmanship is critical and you want someone who does it full time.
    Enjoy your E350.
    Thanks for the advice on tinting. The dealer mentioned that since the E350 already comes with some UV protection on the windows from the manufacturer....it is not necessary.

So tinting will only add looks.....and over the years it might cause bubbles (this I think will happen if the tinting is not done professionally). Also as u guys mentioned....I can tint the back windows only but not the front...I like the look of the tinted windows on the steel grey E350........so I need to make a call here :-)

But I might get it done myself rather than the dealer getting it done cheaply by some outside vendor......

I have been quoted $250.00 using Suntek hp charcoal film
    Hi Abacomike:

Thanks. It would not have been possible without your help....I was not even aware of these conquest discounts :-) This forum really helped me.....

You mentioned that u used to live in N. CA and now in Fl...I am other way round...i now live in the bay Area in CA and lived in Tampa FL for 7 years...

Take care
    Remember, the E350 with P1 or P2 comes with and electric sunshade in the rear. I use this when the car is parked. Like I said, tinted windows "do" add UV protection, however, at a sacrafice to vision during the evenings and nights. This is the first car I have ever owned here in Florida (where the sun is always shining except during hurricanes) that I have not tinted, and I am not sorry about it. If I choose to get it tinted, I can, if I find it necessary, but once it is tinted, it is very hard to change your mind. I found that night vision through the rear window is significantly reduced with tint.

It is a matter of choice, obviously. But in Northern CA, it should not be as necessary as it is in Palm Desert or Florida.

Good LUck

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks. I will get the delivery of my car this week once the steering wheel is changes.

One more question...the dealer was trying to sell me the extended warranty for additional 3 years and up to 75000 miles for $2500.....is it worth it? I have never owned a MB so I do not have a good idea about its reliability, but I know that service charges for these German cars are pretty high :-(
    You do not have to make up your mind right away. I would suggest that you drive the car for a year or so, make sure you like it enough so that you are going to keep it for 5 or 6 years. If you decide to keep the car for 6 years or more, then it is worth it. If not, you have not thrown money away, if you know what I mean.

I don't get the extended warranty because I only keep a car for 2 or 3 years, then buy a new one.

2021 Genesis G90

• piggybreakpiggybreak Member Posts: 2
    wow! that's a great price. If I'm not part of USAA or have a lexus,bmw, etc. (conquest), should I assume to pay $4K more than what you paid? Would $50.5K be a good price for the same car?
    Not necessarily. Dealers have some incentive dollars on E class vehicles, which you should negotiate for. I would start by offering them $50,500 for a $56,500 vehicle, and see what they say. I'll bet they will sell you one for that price, or very close to it.

Too bad you don't qualify for USAA or have a luxury vehicle you are driving. YOu could save quite a bit.

2021 Genesis G90

• piggybreakpiggybreak Member Posts: 2
    I know! I had an old Lexus that I got rid of last year for $2K (super old).

I was offered $50,500 for a $55,000 vehicle, so I guess I'm not doing that well. Anyone know what the dealer incentives are for this month?
    I will get the delivery of my car this weekend. As I had mentioned that I had made a deal with the dealer to change my regular steering wheel to the 3-spoke steering wheel. Today my dealer called and said that it will cost them $1000 to change out the steering wheel. So they have given me an option that if I stay with the standard steering wheel, they will give me $1000 dollar or I can change to the sport steering wheel....

This is a nice dilemna...what would you guys do?
    I would take the $1000.00. The sports steering wheel, which I have since I have the tire and wheel package, is not "that much different" from the standard steering wheel. And considering the economy today, the money is worth much more than the steering wheel. When time comes to trade in your vehicle, you will get nothing for the steering wheel. So, take the money and RUN!

2021 Genesis G90

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking in that line too.....since I did not get the whole wheel package...but just the sport steering wheel, I will not get the additional amount for the steering wheel during trade in......I think I will just take the $1000.....
    ...In that case the price of my new car comes down to $45475 ((10610 below MSRP).....now thats a sweet deal....

Again....thanks Abacomike.
    Yes it is. An excellent deal.

My dealer put in an order for my 2012 E350 Sport, Silver/black with P1, tire and wheel package and rear spoiler. Due to be produced on 9/1/11. Expected at the dealer during the first or second week of October. My brother just got a 2012 E350 coupe. He said the new engine is great, getting over 32 mpg on highway, which is 5 or 6 more than the 2011. Since the sedan is a little heavier, I expect 30 mpg highway, 20 around town, which is significantly better than my current car.

I just hope they have some incentives for the car. I already used up my USAA incentive, and I understand they allow on one per calendar year. So, I am up the creek without a paddle, so to speak.

2021 Genesis G90

WOW...So for 2012, even with a higher HP, the car is giving better mileage....I also plan to drive this car for a year....and not signing for the extended warranty....my plan is next year, I might trade this in for the newer model....with higher hp and better mileage.....when I get that car...UI will remember to get the wheel pkg :-)

Why don't you get the 2012 in Jan....in that case you can use your USAA discount.....

Do you think next year when I get the new car...I can use the conquest discount?
    If I wait until January, I will lost about $3000 to $4000 on my trade. If I trade the car in before the 2012's arrive in quantity, I can get about $44,000 or so for my trade. I expect the new car will be about $57,000, less $4000 to get it to invoice, less $1500 for the incentive from Mercedes Benz Credit, and hopefully some other incentives from the dealer. I get my cars below invoice from my dealer, since I buy one every year. That is why I don't wait, because it will be better for me to buy early. The usual USAA incentive is only $2000 on mercedes, they just had a special this past summer for $4000.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

And again, good luck with youir new are

2021 Genesis G90

• drbltorontodrbltoronto Member Posts: 4
    My lease on a Lexus IS-350 comes up in September, and, frankly, while its a nice car, Lexus has totally dragged its feet about adding intelligent cruise, lane change warning, and any of the other new high tech stuff available. I almost went and bought an Infiniti G37xS and realized that for $10,000 or so more (a lot, but not over the 5 years I'll keep it) I could get into a Mercedes E class. I need a 4 wheel drive since I'm a doctor in Toronto, and there's no such thing as not getting to work in the emergency room. I drove a C class, and, frankly, it doesn't drive as well as the Lexus IS. Then, I drove an E-350 and fell in love. Then I hear the 2012 (due in the next month) has a bigger engine and better fuel economy. Of course, they are redoing the C class interior. It'll be the most expensive car I've ever purchased at about $70,000 CDN fully loaded. Any suggestions...is it really worth the money. Any insight is appreciated... :confuse:
  • bullsmentor123bullsmentor123 Member Posts: 11
    Short answer - no, it is probably not worth the extra money.
    And now the little longer answer - with the redesigned interior the C-class really rises up in terms of luxury feel, and if you go for the C300 4Matic (or C350 4Matic, if you have it in Canada), you should have all bases covered. I am personally waiting for the new C to arrive here so I can check it out in person. Of course, when I say this, I presume the extra ~15-20k is not pocket change for you (if it was, you probably wouldn't be asking us this question). I am not trying to say the C is the better car here, on the contrary, I like the E-class very much myself and admit that it does offer more than the C-class (space, luxuriousness, comfort, ride, etc), and have thought about upgrading to the E many times before (I drive C-class myself). However, to me that 'extra' is just not worth the extra ~15-20k.
    I read with interest your comments about the C and E class vehicles, etc. I also read a response you received from someone claiming it is not worth the extra dollars (Canadian or U.S.) to upgrade to the E class. I disagree!!!!

I assume you are purchasing this vehicle, from your comments above, and at the end of 3 or 4 years, assuming good condition and acceptable mileage, your C class (percentage-wise of purchase price) will be worth a lot less than the E class. The quality of build of the E class is far superior to the C class. Additionally, in terms of ride and handling as well as trunk space and the like, the E class is also superior.

When you get Navigation on the C class, it "POPS UP" rather than having a viewing screen available all the time as on the E class.

Finally, I would do my best to wait for the 2012 E class sedan. It is not a bigger engine! What they did was take the current engine and update it with special dual intakes, etc., and a few other changes which increases the horsepower to 302 from 268 and increase fuel economy an estimated 10 - 15%.

I have one on order here in Florida and it is due here the first or second week of October.

Hope this is of some help to you, Doc!!

2021 Genesis G90

• wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    How was your pricing and buying experience thus far?
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75
    All,
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 2011 E350 4Matic sport, Premium 1. Most Ive seen have the rear spoiler and fold down rear seat so... MSRP 58200, Lowest Ive been able to get anyone to committ to is 49995+tax and Tags with USAA discount. Im in CT. What am I missing?? I tell them I see people are getting the same car for 45-47K and they tell me I'm full of it. What gives??
    I purchase a new Mercedes E350 Sport every year from the same dealer. I am treated like a "king", for obvious reasons, but I received the best pricing on a new Benz from this dealership. Usually, I end up well below invoice due to incentives, etc., and the fact that my dealership is willing to give me a TRIPLE NET DEAL (a deal which includes discounting hold back, etc., a deal which employees receive). I am at the dealership at least once a week for a car wash, which is always complimentary on all his new and used vehicles. It is always a pleasure whenever I am at the dealership, whether it is for service or to purchase my new cars.

I can also state, from vast experience, that the treatment I have received from other Mercedes Benz Dealerships has been LESS THAN SATISFACTORY in most cases. For some reason, they seem to be condescending and somewhat "stuck up" about their brand. Granted, the brand, in recent years (since 2006) has been almost flawless after divesting Chrysler, and perhaps some dealers and their employees use old-fashioned methods to sell you a car, but my dealer is very laid back in its approach to its customers. I've shopped all the dealers within 50 miles of my residence, and I can tell you that the deals I receive from this dealer are far below other pricing.

Hope this is helpful to you.

2021 Genesis G90

The USAA price is invoice less $4000.00. There are some other incentives available to the dealers such as previous Customer Loyalty (currently own a Mercedes Benz) and Mercedes Benz Financial Loyalty (currently have a lease or loan with MBF). MBF loyalty I believe is about $1500, but I am not sure of the other loyalty (about $2000). Whether or not the dealer is willing to provide that or whether you qualify for those additonal incentives is questionable.

Try another dealership and see if you can get another thousand or two. If not, and you do not qualify for the incentives, then the pricing is fair.

2021 Genesis G90

Which dealer? I'm sure they'd appreciate a plug.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    One additional incentive I rarely see mentioned is the "fleet" discount. If you work for certain companies a $1000~$1500 discount is available because the company either buys from MB or has some kind of supplier relationship I think. Anyway both my and my wife's employers qualify. MB varies the amount throughout the year. But it disqualifies you from certain other discounts such as the Conquest cash. You have to just pick and choose whichever is best.

I wonder if I could quietly sign up for, say, for a jewelry policy, as USAA and get the USAA discount. State Farm gives me to good a deal to drop them.
    Actually, I don't think they would appreciate a plug, considering the fact that they do not want to sell new MB's for what I pay for them. But if you live in Florida, tell me and we will find a way to get you a new Benz for what I pay for them. Ok?

2021 Genesis G90

If you are a veteran, or your father was a veteran, or you have a close relative or son/daughter who is either in the service or is a veteran, you can qualify.

You have the individual who is in the service or is a veteran, sign up. Then, you qualify.

Unfortunately, they only allow one per year.

As for the incentives and discounts you mentioned, you are correct. If you use a USAA incentive, you cannot qualify for the loyalty incentive. However, since I had my loan through Mercedes Benz Financial, I was able to get an addiitonal 1500. But you will not be able to combine USAA with their 2500 loyalty incentive for those who currently own or lease a Benz.

2021 Genesis G90

After a frenzy of phone calls and counter-offers The best I was able to do was on a 2011 E350 4Matic, Steel Grey/Black MB Tex Premium 1,Rear spoiler and fold down seat is 47,400 plus Tax & tags. Comsidering I get only USAA and no other incentives, it sounds as good as I'm going to get.

Probably going to drop the hammer on monday, but I really wanted black/black...............
    IT'S A GREAT DEAL! Excellent negotiating on your part. I knew there was more room there, if the dealer wanted to give up some incentives he was saving for his profit.

As for Black/Black, I had one last year and was so happy to get rid of it. It shows every water mark (sprinkler sprays), every scratch (no matter how small or insignificant), and in the summers, you could barbeque a steak on the trunk or the hood. Of course, nothing is sharper looking than a black car when it is freshly waxed/washed, etc. But I sure wasn't able to wash/wax the car every day to keep it looking great.

The Palladium silver (light gray) is a nice color, but steel grey is very distinguished, to say the least.

You are making the right decision, in my estimation/opinion. Good luck with your new E350.

2021 Genesis G90

• dadcar72dadcar72 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Abacomike, Carman, and everyone,
    Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Looking at the following car:

2011 E350 Iridium Silver/Ash MBtex
    E350W $49,400
    775 Iridium Silver $720
    108 Ash MB-Tex
    P01 P01 Premium Package: COMAND System with $4,000
    R08 R08 Wheel Package: 18" AMG Twin 5-Spoke $760
    129 Accessory Styling Package (Rear Deck and $600
    240 LED Daytime Running Lamps
    277 3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
    287 Split Folding Rear Seats $440
    321 321 Sport Package: 18" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
    413 Power Tilt / Sliding Panorama Sunroof $1,090
    432 Drive-Dynamic Multicontour Driver Seat w $660
    736 Black Ash Wood Trim
    873 Heated Front Seats

MSRP $58545
    Dealer quoted me 9300 under MSRP including conquest discount, which makes it $49245. He hasn't broken the discounts down for me, but I told him I own a Benz and a BMW (both ten yrs old).
    I don't qualify for USAA. Was hoping to pay closer to 47500.
    Any room to move? If so, how?
    I'm in Southern California.
    Thanks!!!
    Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me. Don't know about getting to 47K for that config thought. That car is almost fully loaded for a car with P1, and from the looks of it has more than the car Abacomike bought, and he gets crazy discounts, and he paid just under 47K. USAA and conquest are both 4K and you can't use both at the same time so I bet you might be able to get to 48,999, but if you want to get under 48K I think you are going to have to lose the sunroof. JMVHO.
    Good Luck with the ride. I pick up mine in 14 days 14 hours and 21 minutes, but who'se counting!!
    I would doubt you can do too much better, however I would offer him $1000.00 less than the current offer, and put your checkbook down on the desk in front of him, with a check almost fully made out to the dealership, with the numbers missing. That usually gets them "drooling" at the mouth. If they say they can't do any better, see if they will throw in 3 years of maintenance. Something usually works.

But all in all, the car you have described has about $1500 more in options than I had. Good luck

2021 Genesis G90

• coolseaglecoolseagle Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a 2011 Mercedes E350 with P1 package. I am not a USAA member and do not currently own a Mercedes or a competitor's car.

I am looking to pay 45K+tax+license.
    Can anyone help me with what kind of discounts I can get?

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.
    I doubt very much you will be able to get one for that price without qualifying for a USAA discount or a conquest discount. The car you are interested in will MSRP for around $56,000. If you take the car to invoice and then subtract 2000, you will still be far above the 45K you are looking for.

I would shop around and find out what the best deal would be. I am guessing that you can get one with an MSRP of $56,000 for around$49,000.00

Good luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• coolseaglecoolseagle Member Posts: 3
    Thanks abacomike!
    I did talk to a couple of dealers and for a configuration with MSRP of 54,995, lowest they could go is $48K. Two dealers offered $46K if I had qualified for conquest deal which unfortunately I don't.

i m thinking of holding off till labor day in the hope that they may offer a different promotion to offload 2011 inventory at the time.
    So I was right. With a $56K MSRP, you would be right around 49K. One thing you should be aware of is that they are short on inventory in many dealers on 2011's. Additionally, the selection of lower MSRP vehicles will be limited, if they have any at all. Most MSRP's are around $56K with Metallic paint and P1 pkg.

You might get lucky, but I doubt it. My dealer, who is one of the largest in Florida, has about 15 in stock, which is very low for him.

2021 Genesis G90

• neweownerneweowner Member Posts: 1
    First time posting and thank you all for the valuable info.
    Recieved a good deal with comquest rebate and wanted to contribute back to the forum.
    MSRP for around 56K --> purchased price 46K.
    Bought it in California and the dealer experience was amazing. Thanks.
  • jaggjagg Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2011
    Abacomike, which dealership in FL? (if you don't mind, they sound wonderful) I'm in Broward. I'm looking for a lease on a E350 coming from a BMW.

I'm also not sure if I should try and wait for 2012. My current lease is up in Oct.
    edited August 2011
    Right now, since you drive a BMW, you can qualify for the 4,000 conquest discount since you drive a BMW. However, this is good only until 8/31/11.

I live in Broward also. I use Mercedes Benz of Delray located on Linton Blvd., just east of I95. John Bradley, manager at the dealership, is the one to see. Tell him Mike S. referred you. He has about 12 E350's in stock right now and is expecting some more, as I was up there for my car wash today and spoke with him.

I just ordered my 2012 which should be in during the first part of October. But you will not get anywhere near the deal you can get on the 2011. And I'm speaking of many thousands less, at least $6,000.

I currently have a Silver E350 sport sedan, and I ordered a silver E350 sport for 2012. REally like the Iridium silver down here in florida.

Good luck. IF you decide to see John Bradley, tell him who referred you so you get his bottom deal.

2021 Genesis G90

• jaggjagg Member Posts: 21
    Awesome. Thanks. I can't even get the guy at Lauderdale Mercedes to call me back after 3 days!
    I used to deal with Ft. Lauderdale, but the managers who used to be there went up to Delray, and that's why I followed them up there.

They will treat you right!

2021 Genesis G90

• njj1njj1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all. I am a first time poster and would appreciate some input. I have identified several cars fitting my requirements in the Chicagoland area and just need some help in figuring out what an appropriate price would be. The car being the 2011 E350 4MATIC (Luxury), Arctic White, Almond Interior, Premium 1 Package, Wood steering, Rear folding seats. There are also a few with everything mentioned other than the rear folding seats. The MSRP for the former is $57805 and the latter is $57365 (both include destination charges). I do not qualify for the USAA, Conquest, Fleet, or Loyalty discounts. Any idea what I should be aiming for, pricewise? Thanks much.
    There are still some incentives available from the dealer to new customers. I believe there is about $2700 available. So, determine invoice of the vehicle by building one exactly like you are looking at here on Edmunds. Subtract the 2700 from that price, and that is approximately what you should pay.

I would offer the dealer $3000 below invoice, and see what he says. You have several dealers throughout chicagoland ( I used to live there), so if one dealer is not interested, there should be several others who are.

2021 Genesis G90

• njj1njj1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your prompt reply, Abacomike. I gather, then, that paying anything above invoice is not even an option. Just wanted to make sure before I got laughed at, at the dealership. Is there a specific term I should be using for the new customer incentives? I used a fee-based car buying service the last time I bought a new car but after reading discussions on this forum, I think I might be equally well-served by contacting the internet manager of the dealerships and negotiating prices myself. Do you concur? Thanks again.
  • socalsl5socalsl5 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry to chime in with a random topic guys, but I NEED MAJOR HELP. I am currently in a lease contract for a 2009 E350 and am getting KILLED on the payments because I had the negative equity from my SL500 rolled into the payments. Yes, VERY stupid I know.
    I keep getting called by my local MB dealer to come in and trade my car for a newer one, so wanted to get some feedback on what payments I should be expecting with my situation so I dont get screwed again, including any and all incentives MB is currently offering for a returning customer. Looking to trade it in for a new E-class... I reeeally would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Here are the details of my current deal:
    Bought my car: 8/2009
    Current Monthly Payment: $915
    Present Payoff Quote as of 8/2011: $39,821
    Days Remaining on Contract: 801 days

I have checked out all of your payment quotes, so Im wondering how much different mine will be...

Thank you !!!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited August 2011
    You first need to figure out how much negative equity you have in your '09 E Class. I would suggest you post the details of your car along with the actual payoff number over on the "Real World Trade in Values" forum to see where you stand. Once you have that number, you should be able to get help on this board.
    Congratulations...enjoy your E. Which dealer? I'll be shopping in San Diego.
    I never call a dealer's internet manager. What I do is determine what I want to pay for the car. Let's assume it is invoice or $2000 below invoice. To determine invoice, build the exact car you are dealing for with the exact options (dont' forget metallic paint if it has metallic paint). Then, subtract dealer incentives. That is what I offer the dealer, but I show up in person with my checkbook in my left shirt pocket, sticking out so they can see, and the title to my current car (if I own it) and/or the registration to the car also sticking out. I sit down, take out my materials (checkbook, etc.), and tell them I want that car on the lot, stock number......, and I will give you......! If you have a trade, first determine from edmunds what the trade is worth on a trade-in.

The more aggressive you are with the dealer, the less aggressive they will be with you.

2021 Genesis G90