Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• boeayaboeaya Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for the offer and your help. I have an offer for 300 more now. I think the extra is worth the 6 hours drive back and forth ,plus the gas.

Must love this forum!
  • yoyohongyoyohong Member Posts: 9
    tell us how the deal went when it is finished and help other!!!
    Happy Shopping
  • rf9986rf9986 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm interested in buying a Honda EX through the internet in San Antonio, TX. Does anyone have any suggestions in which dealership I should try? What's a good price?

Also, I've never bought a vehicle through the internet. Does this mean the negotiation is pretty much done by email? Any input will help. Thanks.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Just email all of the stores in your area and ask for their best price. Be sure to say that you're ready to pull the trigger and specify acceptable colors. You'll quickly have a good idea of what the local market is for this model.
  • nil22nil22 Member Posts: 20
    So, here we are in August. I do not see any new incentives. So, Honda must be feeling confident clearing out all those vans in dealer inventories that I am seeing. Perhaps they are taking a wait-and-see approach. Or perhaps the inventories that I am looking at are not accurate
  • sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
    I'm getting close to buying an 07 Touring in San Diego (or waiting for the 08). Thinking about Poway Honda. Anyone have recent experiences there or elsewhere nearby?
    Thanks.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    You might want to try Gunn as they usually offer some very good deals.
  • scubabrewdawgscubabrewdawg Member Posts: 5
    Looking to buy an EX model in Austin but am getting high quotes....29300? Any one have recent pricing they can share? :mad:
  • kormankorman Member Posts: 1
    Looking for LX model in NJ (Paramus) area with security system and backup sensors. Getting quotes 26800, looking for 25800. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Everyone says this is the way to go but as you can see from my posting yesterday I am :mad: !!!! It's all the same with these dealers....tell you something then get you down to the dealership they tell you something else, want to keep you hanging around, then call you and email you more after you walked out. I even had one to tell me a drive out price and then when I mentioned a certificate (employee discount) say in the next sentence, "I'm sorry that wasn't with TTL."

If you have a good experience somewhere let me know because at this point my cash is going back to savings and I am going to keep on driving my 10 year old civic!
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Does anybody know how long the recently expired(7/5 to be exact) $750 dealer incentive was valid for ?
    That incentive was valid from May through June / first 5 days of July.

Is there any chance that it might come back on Aug 1 for 2007 models ?
    August 2 now, and I'm not seeing any change.

Or perhaps after Labor Day(9/4) or as a last chance when 08s come out (around 9/15 ish) ?
    Would seem like a good idea with current inventory, but Honda surprised me in July by taking it away. However, I do not think the 08 will be here as soon as you think - more like late Sept / early October. This is because there still is not much info on it, and dealers need more before they order. So, I'd expect a later arrival of the 08.

As to which, depends on when you need it. If I could have waited, I'd have gone for an 08, but I couldn't so I ended up with an 07 Pilot, myself.
  • dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    I've decided to purchase a Hond Odyssey EX. Still debating on 2007 or 2008 but would prefer the 2008 because of VCM standard.
    Where have you seen this information?

Based on history, where do you think the pricing of the 2008 will be? Close to Invoice or Retail price, no incentives, etc.?
    I'd say you could get an 08 for $500 over invoice two months after they show up (which looks like early October). Any earlier, and you're paying a bit more. 07s will be cheaper, but you take your choices.
    I would guess that there will be enough improvements on the 08 to make it worthwhile (look for ipod link, active headrests, bluetooth, etc). But, it will take a while to get them as low as the 07s.
  • zaifazaifa Member Posts: 3
    0 down, 15k 36 mos $379/mo inc tax michigan, 6%. $402 out of pocket. Is this a good deAL?
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Sounds OK, especially with the 15K mileage allowance.
  • engelengel Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2007 EX-L w/ DVD from Poway Honda on Aug. 2nd. They matched an internet quote from Santa Ana of $29,500 +tax+title+fees. In addition, they gave me a fair trade-in. This was the ONLY San Diego dealer who would match LA prices!

I highly recommend Brynda Dunbar from Poway Honda.
  • engelengel Member Posts: 3
    Thank you to mvspeed2007. Santa Ana Honda replied with an internet quote of $29,500+tax+title+fees for a EX-L w/ DVD. Poway Honda matched that deal. Poway Honda was the ONLY San Diego dealer to come near the price. The closet internet quote from the San Diego area was from Escondido Honda at 33,315.00 OTD

Out the door price was $32,138.51 at Poway Honda.

I highly recommend Brynda Dunbar. She is very knowledgable regarding current pricing in LA/Irvine/Temecula and San Diego.

Note: I have seen multiple definitions of OTD. I define it as the "final" price including all fees, tax, title and destination - it includes everything.
  • mav8mav8 Member Posts: 6
    We got Ody for 30,987 including destination on Monday.
    Window etching 189
    7% Tax.
    including TL OTD 33,987
    Chose 4.9% APR for 5yrs.

Thank you all as I knew about the deals only after seeing the msgs.
  • minivanseeker7minivanseeker7 Member Posts: 9
    Congratulations mav8 can you please tell me where/which dealership in NJ you obtained this price. Thanks!
  • wise8wise8 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

This forum has been very helpful.

The best quote I have received so far is
    $29599.32 + TTL

Is this a good deal?

I really hope Honda will bring back the $750 incentive. Does anyone know if Honda is offering it in August? Does anyone know where the best place is to find the incentive information?

Also I got different price for transfering tag from $60 to $150. Does anyone know what a reasonable tag transfer fee is in south Florida?
    Here are some links I found
    http://www.taxcollector.com/services_driver_license_Title_Transfer_fee.asp
    http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/dmv/faqtitle.html#5
    But it is still not clear to me how much the total should be in my case.

Thanks in advance!
    Based on this article, there should be $1,701 incentive for Odyssey

http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/070728/22534.html?.v=1&.pf=loans
  • hoho823hoho823 Member Posts: 6
    I received a quote from Autopark Honda (Cary, NC)

+ 3% NC Tax
    + 398 Rip-off Fee
    + 74 DMV fee
    =24,708.93

SOUNDS GOOD?
    Just got an EX from Gunn in San Antonio and got a good price. I live in Austin and wasted a day with the dealers here. I am so happy with my experience I have been telling everyone I see! The salesperson contacted me at 3:00 and by 9:15 I was driving off the lot, including the 90 minute drive south. It was well worth the trip and I would even consider making the haul for major maintenance service. You can email at tkirksey@rocketmail.com if you would like the salesperson who helped me. Even the person in the business department was great to work with!
    Just got a good, no hassle, quick purchase deal from Gunn. It was well worth the drive. DO NOT waste your time like I did with the dealers in and around Austin. Email me tkirksey@rocketmail.com if you want the salesperson contact info.
  • wise8wise8 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Nil22! It's great news!

Although Edmunds.com currently doesn't show any cach incentive or marketing support for Honda Odyssey, it does seem to make sense that dealers are getting incentives. My quotes show that they are willing to offer below invoice price.

Will it be useful to mention to Dealers this article? Will dealers discount such information? What's your experience? It will help if there is another information source confirming the same incentives.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Great forum. Can anyone recommend/quote the best deal (OTD price) that they got for the above mentioned van in Northern, VA. Also, inculde the name of the dealer as well. I live in Stafford but would be willing to travel to MD if needed. Thanks :)
  • dlh25dlh25 Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone tell me the prices they are getting on '07 EX-L in Tennessee or surrounding states? First round of internet and phone quotes, I have quotes in the $28,500 to $29,000 range. I'm seeing some folks on this forum and others getting them in the low to mid 27k's in other states. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    I am in NC and the lowest I could find is $28300 including destination and excluding TTL.
    I'd doubt it'll help. At least in my state, dealers are not budging at all as if someone told them all of them not to. If I am going to pay invoice for an 07 where others paid between $1000 to $1500 less than invoice a few months ago, I'll just wait for an 08. I say let them have their inventory sit on the lot.
    Think about it they are already making that doc-ripoff fee ($300 to $400)anyway. So, I am think they should go at least $500 less than invoice.
  • buypilot1buypilot1 Member Posts: 10
    Best I got is also in the same ballpark, 29.6k OTD for an EX-L.
  • dlh25dlh25 Member Posts: 5
    OTD for 29.6k including TTL? That sounds pretty good. What state and tax rate?
  • buypilot1buypilot1 Member Posts: 10
    It's NC with 3% tax rate. I am waivering btw this and an 07 EX-L Pilot 2wd which is about 2.8k less.
  • zuraxuszuraxus Member Posts: 14
    I received internet offer from DCH in Old bridge NJ 31,094, sounds pritty impresive , but still can't decide if I should go for pre-owned or 07 new?
    Mav8, were did u get the 31,094 offer from , DCH? I got the same thing and I thought that was great and only for me ( yeah, right), can u tell me where did u buy your for under 31k included destination, thx, so much
  • mikeschmikesch Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a Black EX-L for 27000 out the door. Still have to pay sales tax but felt it was a good price. Purchased In St Louis Missouri
  • bunker5bunker5 Member Posts: 2
    I also purchased an '07 odyssey EX-L for $27,000. And they gave me $300 over kelly blue book on my trade in.
    Break Down:
    Car 26,600
    Doc Fee/title/lic 400
    Tax 1600
    Trade in 8500

I wrote a check for 20,100 (these are rounded numbers)
    Purchased in Indiana/Kentucky
    Enjoyed everyone's comments
    I e-mailed 34 dealers in NC. Half of them did not bother to respond. Right now, lowest is 29.3K OTD(some of even them want $31200 OTD). E-Mailed a Northern VA dealer and they can do 29K OTD with a few dealer installed accessories (mudguards, splashguards etc) for free.
    I don't understand the big difference between dealers in different states.
    Mikesch, that sounds incredible. Does $27000 include destination, doc fee, tag and license ? Would you be so kind to e-mail me the name of the dealer and salesman to my e-mail address perm2perm@yahoo.com ?
    Bunker5, that sounds terrific. Would you be so kind to e-mail me the name of the dealer and salesman to my e-mail address perm2perm@yahoo.com ?
    Hi zuraxus, 31,094 from DCH. We got ours from Auto sport Bridgewater. Give them a try. They gave me a quote over the phone. I can give the person's name to ur personal email if u want it.

Good Luck
  • mikeschmikesch Member Posts: 5
    yes all fees were included the dealer name was Dave Maugnest? sp? On south Lindbergh in St Louis. My brother in-law set it all up I walked in provide ID and proof of insurance got 2.9 on 27002.50 and drove away. 2.5 fee in missouri...
  • myoldriflesmyoldrifles Member Posts: 15
    HI mav8! Thanks for your help. Just a question. Was the 31,094 price with destination and TTL or just the price before extras and TTL? In other words, was that the complete out the door price or the price for which you then apply your down payment and then add destination, tax title and license?

Thanks,

Chris :shades:
    Hi Mav8, absolutely NO Problem, send me the info to my email pzuraw1@hotmail.com or to carspace mail. I will give them a call, I have to start movin before the color selection will be limited, thx. again. Look at the copy of my email from DCH and theirs offer:

Here is the On the Road Price you requested on the :07 Odyssey EXL w/dvd and navi
    INTERNET SELLING PRICE: $31,094
    DESTINATION and HANDLING: $595
    DOCUMENTATION FEE: $199
    NJ TIRE FEE: $7.50

TOTAL PRICE: $34,467.74
  • TuTu Member Posts: 56
    My niece purchased this same model from Bill Page in Falls Church for $32500 OTD. This was 2-3 weeks ago.
  • tpalmer1tpalmer1 Member Posts: 19
    I recently bought an EX-L Res + Nav from Landmark Honda in Alexandria for an even $31,000 including destination, plus tax tags and title. You'll need to go through the internet to get this price, but if you contact me privately at timothyatpalmerelderlawdotcom, I will give the guy's direct e-mail address. When discussing price, be very specific on the color, price, terms and delivery date. I did the whole deal online and was in and out in less than one hour. This was the third time for me buying a car this way and it is the only way to buy a new car.
  • TuTu Member Posts: 56
    I've bought two Hondas from them myself, I've always dealt with the new car sales manager, his name is S***. They have always given me the best deal, the worst place is Tyson's Honda.
  • annadallasannadallas Member Posts: 10
    That sounds a great deal. Good job! Could you forwar me the email offer from dealer to annaying@hotmail.com?
    Thank you!
    myoldrifles,

31,094 is just the invoice excluding destination. OTD they offered me 34,468.6
    So, we went with other dealer.

Thnx.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Thanks Tim, I 'll email you today about further info, also did you get the financing deals..2.9% for 36 mon. ? Again...awesome forum, great help. :)
    mikesch, did you have a trade in ? That dealer is quoting me $28750 plus some other fees for an 07 EX-L. Just curious why the big difference could be.
  • carskumcarskum Member Posts: 12
    bunker5:

Can you mention the dealer/salesperson you got the deal from? This price is worth an out of town trip.

:surprise: