Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Interior cleaning products

triple_deke1triple_deke1 Member Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Dodge
What does everyone use for thier dash and trim inside?? I've been using a product by Liquid Glass called Connoseuirs Choice (sp). It seems to work pretty good and has a nice smell to it but sometimes its a little slippery when applied.

TD

Comments

• theparallaxtheparallax Member Posts: 361
    I just use a paper towel and water. I cannot stand that nasty greasy shine that Armor All puts out. I don't see why anyone would want that on their dash.
  • mdamesmdames Member Posts: 79
    Does anyone know of a product that REALLY does remove the smell of smoke from the interior of a car? The seats are leather. Any input will be appreciated.
  • vernlewvernlew Member Posts: 87
    I use Lexol Vinylex on interior/exterior plastics and on my tires.....available at Pep Boys....works well, believe it does not contain silicone...like Armour-All type products...so no glare/greasey residue. Another frequent poster uses Pledge on interior surfaces with good results. Would jus try to stay away from products with silicone...which will eventually discolor rubber surfaces.
    Vern
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    First of all, clean the leather with Lexol or similar and shampoo the carpets. Next, stick a couple of fabric softener dryer sheets under the seats. Change them out every few days for a couple of weeks. If this doesn't work, find a specialty detailing shop that uses an ionizer to zap the smell. My 1988 M6 was owned by a chain smoker but the odor eventually disappeared completely.
  • mike_542mike_542 Member Posts: 128
    If the odors are from the leather, use a leather cleaner, as div2 said. If it is not, and is everywhere, use Meguiar's Odor Elimiator. It removes it and doesn't come back.
  • peterklein1peterklein1 Member Posts: 2
    I hate dust on my dash. Vacuuming is OK, but I hate taking the time to lug it out and put it back. A good alternative is Pledge "grab it" electrostatic cloths. They're about 98% effective in removing the dust without just spreading it around. They leave no residue and they're cheap!
    I hope this helps someone.
  • adc100adc100 Member Posts: 1,521
    they really work.
This discussion has been closed.