Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    civicamy:

Read owner's manual page 164. Yous don't have to drive @ 50-55 miles per hour. As long as you don't drive with full throttle or hard breaking you should be fine. Make sure you don't rev your engine to redline.

Enjoy your new Ex.

Bjk
  • little9little9 Member Posts: 30
    Bought a 95 del sol si with auto trans at the end of april. Had 63089 miles on it but now has about 3000 more. Only car I've ever owned that I've driven just for the pure fun of it. Too bad Honda stopped making them. No leaks, no squeaks but no headlight on warning and certainly no useful cup holders but what a little dream to drive. Oh yes, every female says ther same thing "It's such a cute car". Too damned bad they never said that about me...but such is my life. Maybe when I win the lottery...I'm willing to believe lies.
  • mogasmogas Member Posts: 8
    Hello!

I purchased my 4th Honda vehicle, a Civic.
    When I returned to America in 1999 I decided to buy a used Civic. When I purchased the car it had been on the road for almost 3 years (21,000 miles at purchase) and already had aftermarket 16" rims and Falken tires along with an Alpine head unit and six speaker set up.

While living Japan I had gotten into sport tuning so I decided to tinker around in the garage with my little Civic. I have made the following upgrades:

Cold air intake (AEM)
    DC Sport Headers (4-2-1)
    Maganaflow cat back
    JR Highflow cat
    JR Fuel Pump
    AEM Fuel Rail
    AEM Fuel Regulator
    Venom Injectors
    Venom Fuel Controller
    Venom Throttlebody
    Venom Intake Manifold
    Holly Digital ignition system
    DC Sport front and rear tower strut bars
    Tokico adjustable shocks and struts
    Neuspeed lowering springs (only .75")
    Crower Cam
    Unorthodox Clutch Kit (Ultra G, street)
    Nology plugs and wires
    Bosch fuel filter
    K&N air and oil filters

The exterior remains stock other than the wheels, and the slight lowering and I plan to keep it that way. Next on the slate is a four wheel disc brake upgrade (may keep drums in rear, not sure yet) and more engine work- pullies!

I did change out the head lamps to an after market set due to condensation build up in the stock pair and I had a power window shelf bracket break that required replacement. Found one at the local junk yard for about $5.00. Other than that I have had no problems at all with this car, even with the extensive upgrades I have made. I keep up on the routine maintenance, and trust me, that helps out alot in the long term! Sport tuning is lots of fun whether it's a '69 GTO or a Datsun 510, just remember one thing- keep it off the street! The place to play is on the track.
  • mgrmgr Member Posts: 40
    Sounds like some great upgrades. My name is Mike, I just purchased my 02 Civic EX coupe in black. I have ground effects and 17" wheels with Goodyear performance tires. I had Sparco pedals and shifter knob installed. Also have a performance exhaust and an AEM cold air induction. I estimate about 147hp at this time.

I am new to sport tuning and am looking forward to adding more. I love this Civic, the first Honda I have owned. It is quick off the line and is great through the gears. I drive mine hard, right up to red line. I live in a big city, so not many places to run this thing. Have only had it up to 105mph. After a few more upgrades, I plan on taking it to the local strip.

I'm currently doing research as to what upgrades will do the most for performance. I want to stay away from NOS at this time. Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks
  • jefff4jefff4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am Jeff and I have 95 civic sedan. Unfortunatley there is no indicator sound for leaving your headlights on after you exit your vehicle. Well needless to say 3/4 of a work day in I drained the battery and now have no radio. To top it off I just moved and I can't find the owners manual(no I didn't leave it the glove compartment like a good boy) to enter the code for the radio. Can anybody help me while I feverishly look through a forest of boxes? I appreciate it.
  • jokerluvjokerluv Member Posts: 4
    DO YOU STILL NEED THE CODES? I WORK FOR A HONDA DEALER IN FORT WORTH TX , SINCE YOU CANT FIND YOU CODE YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE RADIO OUT OF YOUR CAR AND GET THE SERIAL NUMBER SO WE CAN GET THE CODE FROM HONDA..... I CAN HELP JUST LET ME KNOW
  • jokerluvjokerluv Member Posts: 4
    Im Dave live in Fort Worth TX i am buying a '95 Honda Civic VX Hatchback with only 50,620 miles on it damn im lucky...........lol
  • access3219access3219 Member Posts: 2
    new old car, my first honda...glad to find it ...49990 miles
    dark green...my old car...chevy nova manual trans (toyota) is still running at 219k. My nova is crying since I moved it to the driveway. My honda is inside with my 91 stick shift S15 sonoma (6) 207k mi....oh well. I love my honda, although its an auto and it is a little of a dog after driving sticks....dont know what to do with my other foot now. tina
  • randyfrischrandyfrisch Member Posts: 9
    Just bought an Eternal Blue Pearl HX, and am having the dealer install A/C Monday. I love the promise of phenominal gas mileage, especially since I expect petrol to top out at over $2.00/gal this winter. Traded in my 1999 Ford F-250 V-10 gas-guzzler because I couldn't afford to pay for it and feed it. :-( I love my new car, and have owned hondas in the past, so I know that they can have very long lifespans. I only have 98 miles on the car, as it was just bought yesterday evening. Still haven't thought of a name for it yet (haven't even figured out the gender). Oh yeah, the dealer charged $13750 + 299 +1200 (A/C). I don't care if it's almost as much as an LX....MPG MPG MPG MPG!!!!!!!
  • gregoryc1gregoryc1 Member Posts: 764
    Hi, my name is Greg, and my wife and I have a 2000 white four door Civic, and a 2000 green four door Accord. We love these vehicles. Both are four cylinder and they run very smooth. I run both vehicles on 92 octane fuel, and I make it a point to add 4oz of Marvel Mystery oil to each 10 gallons of fuel as an upper cylinder lubricant for the valves, the piston rings and the fuel system components, --(fuel injectors and valve guides need lubrication). Both engines run very quiet, and the acceleration is outstanding for a four cylinder car. The idle on both engines is smooth and steady. Marvel oil is "ok" for both the oxygen sensor and / or the cat. coverter. You can purchase this product from Pep Boys auto stores. At 4oz for each ten gallons of fuel, you will not even see it in the gasoline, but it is just enough to supply some lubrication to the fuel system components. I also run this product in the fuel of four and two cycle boat engines. Add the Marvel just before you fill you tank, and the incoming fuel will mix it in the tank. ---Just my opinion. ----Greg
  • arizonasnake16arizonasnake16 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My name is Michael, I'm 30yrs-old, married and I live in Mesa, AZ. I bought my first real new car last year and have been very happy with my Honda. My parents recommended it, they own 3 other Honda's. It's a standard 5-speed with A/C (didn't have A/C for my first 5 years in AZ!!) with factory cassette (I listen to talk radio most of the time), as well as drivers side and passenger side air-bags. But I did a DOH! Either someone hit me or I nicked a pole but my drivers side front bumber has a scratch area about 6 inches long and 4 inches high. How do I repair this. There is no other damage, nothing dented. I want to keep it looking new!!
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    5 years in Arizona without AC? You deserve some kind of medal.

If it's just your bumper with the scratch you could probably have it repainted. It will cost you a few hundred dollars and it should still look like new since all they will do is either tape the bumper off and respray it or remove only the bumper. If it's something you can live with and you don't want to spend alot of money then just touch it up and then you don't have to worry about the bumper never getting back to factory tolerances.

My SI rolled down the hill into the mailbox but after considering my options I decided living with the scratches were better than having the bumper resprayed or taken off.
  • azaharchukazaharchuk Member Posts: 22
    Hey Michael....I live in Gilbert, AZ....I had some minor fender damage fixed on my 97 Ford F-150 Truck. I reccomend a place called Gilbert Collision on Cooper Road. They do excellent work. Very professional. I think they charged me about $250 to fix my fender. I HIGHLY reccomend them.
  • iluvbogeneiluvbogene Member Posts: 2
    If you have ignition issues, enter your VIN when you access www.honda.com and register yourself in OwnerLink. You can see if the recall was for your car. I have a 2003 Civic Coupe with 3000mi. I didn't have any starter problems or transmission problems like some people were reporting. Knock on wood! I was glad to see the recall didn't apply to my car.
  • rawn4203rawn4203 Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks. Im jeff, 33, Phoenix. I bought my 2001 EX sedan last feb 2003 for 14K plus the 60K/5 year warranty. It had about 18K miles on it and now about 6 months later is has about 19,500. THe reason is I kept my other car, my 1988 accord, to help keep the miles down on my civic because I have a 25 mile round trip drive to work mon-fri which to me is kinda alot. My 88 accord is still going very strong by the way now almost with 140K and no signs of slowing down anytime soon, maybe because im a maintenance freak. I spent about 1300 bux last march or so in replacing stuff on my accord like the timing belt and a whole bunch of other things on it (for those of u in phx, dont go to joes auto on 7th ave and camelback, they rip u off big time). Anyways to the point. I like my civic even tho as I have said I havent even put 2K on it yet. But it gets great mileage, 30+ mpg (and its an automatic) plus its got ULEV, so it will be a breeze when I take it in for emission testing. I sometimes get nervous when I would take my 88 accord in for that but even that car has never failed it either. I like the speed of the ex, its not bad for a 4 cylinder. My only gripes are (and this is the same for my accord) is DUMP these donut spares!! I hate those things! U cant drive more than 50 on the freeway with em and they are only good for a limited # of miles. (some say 50-150). I mean what if im taking a long trip and I get a flat and I gota put that thing on with a long way to go?? Seems pretty risky to me. Oh yeah another thing about the civic is I wish the cup holder could expand to hold bigger drinks that soda cans. You would think a 2001 car would be sophisticated enuff to handle this but nope, not this one. Bottom line tho is Im pretty pleased with my civic and even tho it may not be as exiciting to drive as a vette or porsche, its good solid reliable transportation with decent speed and a car u will be able to drive for many many miles with few serious problems.
  • sanfrandansanfrandan Member Posts: 20
    My name is Dan, and I'm a Honda owner.

[Hi, Dan!]

My wife got her license in June of last year, and she wanted a small car, so we bought a new '02 EX automatic in silver. I drove our '89 New Yorker, which we have subsequently sold. Now we're a one-car family (us, daughter, 10, and son, 2).

Some positive things about the Honda:
    Comfortable seats
    Nice gas mileage
    Cachet for a economy car
    Zips around corners.
    Heater works like gangbusters

Bad things:
    Lame CD player (doesn't play CD-R's well)
    Weak air conditioning.
    The "we won't let you lock your keys in your car" mechanism drives me insane, when I can't lock the rotten doors without going around the car to do it.

We have 21000 miles on it. No major problems. The plastic rock guard between the front wheels cracked rather easily from pulling up to a concrete parking lot block, and the brakes had to be adjusted after a month or two.

Nice to meet you.

- San Fran Dan
  • jondehaanjondehaan Member Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Jon. I bought my Honda Civic January this year. I like it very much; smooth stick shift, takes corners very well, quiet compared to my old SUV ('89 Isuzu Amigo - please, avoid buying that car). 36 city 38 highway, can't beat that. I don't have enough cojones to test out the 127 hp, but you never know when you need it. I just joined the club. Thanks for having me. I'm looking forward to learning more about Hondas ( I used to sneak out my Dad's '90 Accord when I was in high school. by the way, I'm 30, living in Sunny So. Cal.
  • 93civichybrid93civichybrid Member Posts: 7
    hey im stefano i have a 1993 Civic EX coupe. This is my first car and i love to drive it. i had tiny sohc 127hp "monster" hehe removed in favor of an acura integra gsr motor. i LOVE the new power it has given me no longer am i worried about being seen as a guy driving an econobox. i mean its nothing insanely fast but its nice to know that u have a honda that can do 0-60 in about a little over 6 seconds. im 19 and im obviously into the import tuner craze. i have nothing crazy done to the car just some rims have the car lowered a bit and some tints with a good cd player. my engine was my big modification for a while then coems my badly aging paint. oh and honda needs to add discussion forums to their website.
  • srjpsrjp Member Posts: 1
    Hi i'm Si hailing from the UK - i've had my 1996 vti (soon after rebadged as the R-Type!!) for about 3 months now and it;s the best car i've driven so far.

169 bhp, double overhead cam, always amazing when you hit 5600 revs and the whistle it makes is beautiful. stops dead in a straight line and all the electric luxuries i need.

anyway i'm having trouble finding a UK equivalent of this board. wasn't a problem when i drove a Peugeot 306, hundreds of UK boards for them, but where are the honda drivers? hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. ?

cheers,
    si
  • mattpdxmattpdx Member Posts: 41
    Hi-

I just bought my Civic and I'm loving it. It has just over 1k miles on it (hated the break-in period so I got it over quick!) and just wondering if there is anybody else out there with the same model as mine. I haven't seen any on the road and I'm enjoying the stares I get. I keep getting asked if it is a Mazda and more than a few thought it was one of those Lexus IS330s or whatever their sporty runabouts are.

I love the new for 04 soundsystem, the standard alloy wheels, and the new exterior and red paint. I almost got the Magnesium Metallic but I'm a red fanatic. ;)

Oh, I'm still not getting the best gas mileage (30-31 using mid-grade Chevron w/Techron). Any better gas out there? We have BP and Texaco as well as a few other local stations I'll probably stay away from.

Thanks for any imput!
  • millsorenmillsoren Member Posts: 1
    I just sold my Honda that I've had for over ten years now for $1850 and while I feel it was time to let it go it still represented just under a quarter of my life on the road so saying good bye was really hard. It was so reliable and fun to fling about, especially considering that it had over 222,000 miles with no major work performed. Just hop in and go. Everytime.

My question is, did I do okay on the selling price? Edmunds says a private party value would be about $1,100 so that's a bit of a consolation, but I would like to hear from others what they think.

Thanks!!
  • bd21bd21 Member Posts: 437
    Let see, you got $1,850 for a multi-owner, 13 year old car with 222,000 miles, I'd say you made out like a bandit! Your question makes me think you are suffering from Post Honda Long Term Ownership Syndrome, so you may need some professional counseling to get you through this very traumatic loss or you could just get over it and move on. It was only a car, really!
  • gregoryc1gregoryc1 Member Posts: 764
    My wife and I now own a 2003 Honda Accord and a 2004 Honda Civic. Both are four cylinder / automatic vehicles. To date, we have owned and / or leased five Honda vehicles. Outside of regular maintenance, we have never had a problem with these vehicles. The lease ran out on the other two vehicles. We decided to purchase these vehicles because leasing became a "pain" in the "xxx"! We plan on keeping these vehicles for 7 years or 100,000 miles, so we put an extended warranty on these vehicles for that period of time. We plan on taking some "road trips", so we want the security of having a warranty that can be used throughout the United States at any Honda Dealer. The 2003 Accord is one year old and we already have 20,000 miles on the clock! The 2004 Civic is two months old, and we have 2,200 miles on the clock. ----Greg
  • snarkssnarks Member Posts: 207
    I bought the Civic because it was told it was reliable. It has held up on that end very well. I currently have 202,000 on 95 EX coupe and never had a major mechanical repair and fiance's 96 LX has 160,000 and never a major mechanical repair either. The cars are not very exciting but given the mileage/reliability they are fine. We use 4-5k mile oil change interval using dino. No additives ever nor premium fuel used just followed manual's maintenace schedule.

I plan on keeping mine now till it requires an expensive repair (>$1000) which according to my mechanic could be still a while to come. I'm sick of it but given it only requires about $200-$400 a year recently in maintenance/repairs that beats paying out $300 a month.
  • andyman73andyman73 Member Posts: 322
    Hi, I'm Andrew, I am in my 3rd year ownership of 3rd Honda Civic. Currently have @106K on the 94, I have upgraded the plug wires, K&N filter/3" intake tube, and as of 2 days ago, cat on down replacement. Cat broke at the exit end, so needed a new one, got 2" pipe, straight through resonator,and a nice Magnaflow with dual DTM tips. Sounds great. The 5M shifts nicely enough, since the previous car was a 4M '91 DX hatch stripper. Only took 6 months to stop looking for 5th gear. Pain in my butt! But got @42mpg summer,and 38 mpg winter. Had same upgrades as current '94, but had Flowmaster with dual straight tips. Got it up to 105 downhill, on a cool spring morning. Before that, owned an '88 CRX Si with 1.6l and 5M. Was great to drive, even coming from an '85 325e BMW 5M. CRX had K&N, Jacobs Electronics full ignition upgrade, and catback w/o resonator to 2.5" Flowmaster w/dual 3" tips. Could modulate throttle at coast to make it pop at light throttle tip in, was cool. Only problem was geared out at 125mph. Would go that fast before upgrades, and that fast after, but much much quicker. Interestingly enough I liked the way the rearend would rotate around, the Beemer couldn't touch it in that aspect. Also, never even got a second glance from the folks in blue(or black), eventho' I have heard of people who have been stopped.

By the way, I'm 30, and have owned a Lincoln TC,2 classic Mustangs, the Beemer, '84 300Z turbo, and the 3 Hondas, wife owned a 90 Accord, 94 Beretta w/3.1 V6, and currently owns 99 Contour SE with 24v V6. So, no, I'm not brand loyal, but recognize a good car when I see one. Honda does need to step up to the plate and join the rest of the makes with upgraded hp in the entry level offerings.

Andrew
  • bswansonbswanson Member Posts: 8
    JDM CRX OWN3S
  • timgrogers1timgrogers1 Member Posts: 1
    Your car is only 4 years old. What is the resale value of your vs. if you had bought an 01 Malibu or Altima?

Not much huh?

TR
  • bondgirlpa02bondgirlpa02 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm Emily and I have an 02 Civic LX in Satin silver metallic. I bought it new and still love it
    as much as the day I picked it up from the dealer!
  • hadelstehadelste Member Posts: 1
    My name is Heather, and I just bought my 4th Civc. I got a magnesium metallic Civic EX SE manual. I spent the last two years fantasizing about what my next car would be (thought I wanted something different), drove a Civic to humor my husband, and ended up buying it! I love it! My 97 EX had over 175k on it and it was time.......

This one is so zippy! The CD player that comes with the SE is awesome, and I love the rims. It's a nice upgrade. Anyone else out there with an SE?
  • tretre Member Posts: 1
    What's up all! My name is Tre and I've owned my '86 CRX for a year and some change now. It now has a little over 190K and is still runnin' strong. Wouldn't give it up for anything (well, maybe except for the right price...lol). The only problem I have is that I have an after-market sound system installed and when I turn the head lights on, the bass stays but the words to my music disappears. Go figure. Can anyone tell me anything about this? I'm completely stumped!
  • almostgeorgiaalmostgeorgia Member Posts: 1
    I just bought one an hour ago for my wife for her 30th birthday. It's red with tan interior, drives great for the 8 miles it's got on it. I'm thrilled to hear such great comments about the Civic. I've been driving VWs and got tired of the expense of maintaining and driving them. I am back to Honda (my first was a '96 civic DX hatchback, which I NEVER should have sold).
  • lucyfurlucyfur Member Posts: 1
    Ello,

Im Lucy and i brought a red honda civic 97 model cxi about just over 1 year ago. Since i have purchased the car i have put in a new head unit, new 6 x9s and a 10" sub which is about to be upgraded to a 15" sub. Currently the interior is being painted silver and should look very sweet when it is finished the only problem with this is that the centre console wont come out with out snapping so i have to have it painted in the car!

And Tre it sounds like the wiring to your head unit may be dodgy!!! i found that the head unit that came with the car (aftermarket kenwood) was not wired correctly and neither were the speakers. But i may be wrong may just be the head unit is not any good, how old is it?

Cheers
    Lucy :P
  • tanya2tanya2 Member Posts: 29
    Hi

My name is Tanya, and I own a 2004 4door automatic Honda Civic. I am 25 years old, a second grade teacher, love old country music, love to fish on my dad's 28' Carolina Classic fishing boat, enjoy reading about and working on cars, and I enjoy attending boat shows.

As a young person, I was exposed to the automotive business, since my extended family is involved in the sale and service of vehicles. You might say that I was born with a wrench in my hand.

I am looking forward to making a contribution to this board.
    Tanya
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Welcome to Edmunds Forums! :)
  • eddief1eddief1 Member Posts: 13
    tre congrad with your crx. maybe the dimmer switch is turn towards low and not showing the words, see if your dash light is bright and will go from high to low lighting.
  • eddief1eddief1 Member Posts: 13
    hello honda owners hope all of you have a safe and fun journey with your vehicles.i have just purchused a 1987 civic 1.5 hatchback for the purpose of saving gas money verses my ford f150.when ever i buy a vehicle i do a complete parts update.this vehicle has 130,000 from the original owner all parts are still original the following was replaced. waterpump/ timingbelt/ cap,plugwires,rotor/axles,brakes,drums/added pas side mirror/aftermarket radio,speakers/alloyrims tires.the floor under carriage has some rot and the quarter panels. also the paint is faded which i will prime the car.i guess my hands are full but it is a fun car to drive and the engine runs great.
  • chidorochidoro Member Posts: 125
    I purchased a '98 ex black sedan new a little over seven years ago. Aside from an exhaust system from the catalytic back, it's been a trouble free 128k. My wife owns a '01 black ex as well. She has had a little over 4 years and 54k of trouble free usage.
    She actually said to me yesterday that she really is starting to grow attached to the car. She opted for reliable first, fun second instead of just fun in her car selection this go around so she wasn't really thrilled just to drive. It's good to see her begin to enjoy it fully now as they're both paid off and going to be with us for awhile :D
  • 87civichatch87civichatch Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking for Honda clubs in the DC area where I can get some advice on how to treat my 87 civic hatchback.
    I thought I posted a message along these lines yesterday, but I don't see it in the forum yet, so here goes again.
    Thanks.
  • d15b7d15b7 Member Posts: 4
    Hello everybody!
    My name is Vesko.
    A have a Civic ' 94(D15B7 engine) 4door, stick shift! ;) Almost for a year. I'm very happy about my Civic and looking for Civic lovers in Chicagoland!
    Do you make any meetings around here?!?
  • thaniathania Member Posts: 1
    Hi All!! I just purchased my new 2005 Honda Civic Coupe this Saturday and I love it. It a drastic change from the Grand Jeep Cherokee Laredo I used to drive, both financially and size wise. I have been driving every where since Saturday and it still has not gotten to the 1/4 mark on the gas gage. In the Cherokee I'd be pulling up to the gas pump right about now. Getting use to being so low to ground is going to take some time but it'll be worth it soon enough. I bought the VP model so I am looking for a good security system that can accomodate regular locks and turn into keyless entry. I also need the security because it's a Honda and I live in South Florida.
  • iwantws6iwantws6 Member Posts: 26
    Hi everyone. I'm seriously considering buying a Del Sol but I've read a lot of things about the roof leaking. Does anyone know about how much it costs to repair (the seals I assume) and how long I can expect to go before I experience roof problems?
    Any other issues I should look out for?
    Also, is there a way to tell the S,Si, and Vtech models apart just by looking at them?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • myowndelusionmyowndelusion Member Posts: 1
    I have a green 99 civic ex... auto (yea im a loser, i cant drive a stick), z3 fenders, niche rims, etc etc

i wrecked the darn thing! does anyone know where i can find prepainted honda parts (i need a front bumper)... my boyfriend has a bmw and he found a site that sells prepainted bimmer parts. he said i should look for a site that does the same for hondas. anyone know one?
  • legalpenguinlegalpenguin Member Posts: 30
    I recently bought my first Honda. I bought a 2005 Honda Civic LX SE in magnesium metallic. I bought it from a Milwaukee dealership for under $15,000. I love it!

My parents own a 1993 Honda Civic DX and they want to get another one. They have well over 100k on it and there is absolutely no rust and no major problems with it.
  • black_daemonblack_daemon Member Posts: 1
    My name is M. Douglas Hockett, better known as Shadow to my friends. I have a 2004 Honda Civic Si that is about to be built out into a Tuner Racer and Show Car on the Hot Import Nights Circuit. I am sponsored by www.CarSponsorships.com, and a number of other companies through them as well as through my own searches for sponsors. It is equipped with a GReddy Boost Kit (Turbo, Intercooler, BOV, etc.) and a GReddy Cat-Back Exhaust System. It is about to get a new coil-over suspension (Tein Flex or H&R Racing), rims (Konig 17x7.5 Tuner II's), tires (Nitto 215/45ZR-17's), a Verticle Doors Hydrolic Door Lamborgini Door Kit, a Blaupunkt Stereo System (twin 12" subs in a chamber box with 6x9"s, 6.5"s/1.10 tweeters, and a pair of amps), Buddy Club II Body Kit, and a few other nicks and nacks......I am a prospective member of the Shadowz Car Club International as well. I hope that this describes enough of me to give you an idea of who and what I am about. I intend to tour the HIN Circuit to show the youth of this day and age that one can be into the Tuner Scene and the Clubs without being into the gang banging scene and set - hopefully that will be a positive influence on them and help them to avoid mistakes that we adults made in our pasts ourselves. Dark Blessings be with you all (no offense meant - just that I consider myself of a darker faith than most as a Pagan Druid and Shaman).
  • grehcegrehce Member Posts: 7
    Hi there! I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself, my name is Grace and I own a 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe in Silver. I absolutely love the car and am a huge fan of Civics. Not only are they the most reliable cars out there on the road, but they are amazingly well designed and handle beautifully! I've only driven this one 73k miles but it has not required any major repairs and very minimal maintenance.

What does everyone think about the new 2006 Civic? I'm not sure that I dig the style, I still love the 1997-2000 coupe styling--its totally Honda's flagship car and the look is even better than some of the newer coupes released from other brands (Toyota, Ford, Chevys, etc).
  • timguytimguy Member Posts: 1
    Folks,

This past week, I brought my 2001 Civic EX (200,000 miles!)to the dealer because the car does this litle jerking thing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear at low speeds. I thought that the clutch might be slipping. As it turns out, the dealer's rep told me that the clutch was OK, but the mechanic found non-Honda spark plugs (I had installed these some time ago), and that Hondas REALLY run better with genuine Honda plugs. Of course, each plug is $25 , and with labor the cost would have been $145 (I live in California). I told the guy I'd take care of it myself.

Does this sound bogus? He said the car needs platinums, but I did install Bosch platinums...for about $4 a piece, not $25. Can anyone recommend a good spark plug?

Tim
  • litezoutlitezout Member Posts: 4
    Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. My name is Jeff and I drive a 1995 Honda Civic. I made it to 205,552 miles before the motor gave up. Back in January I put an imported 1.5 L with 35,000 miles on it. I've done quite a few mods to it. Greddy header-back exhaust. Iceman cold air intake. Centerforce clutch. Bigger tires and wheels. It's been a constant work in progress. Next up is to upgrade the suspension.
  • litezoutlitezout Member Posts: 4
    Honda recommends you use NGK spark plugs. You can get them for about $3-$4 each. I have Denso Iridium plugs in my Civic. They are about $12 each. I haven't really noticed the difference and will probably go back to NGK.
  • pawansandypawansandy Member Posts: 2
    I Own and Civic VP 04. This does not have power windows and power locks but has a power moonroof. Is it advisible to get power locks and windows done. if yes, from where can I get this done, also what would be approx. cost of getting this done.
This discussion has been closed.