Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Care and Maintenance

Comments

• micksbuyacarmicksbuyacar Member Posts: 6
    I live in Denver and got an over the phone estimate from a Honda dealership for my wife's '95 Civic VX hatchback of $399 + tax for the 60K service. This is for service as per the owner's manual. Does this seem reasonable? They inspect alot of items and change all of the fluids, but I am surprised at the cost.

This estimate does not include the recommended timing belt change. The estimate for that is $499 + tax.

I am unfamilar with other good mechanics in town, and wonder anyway if they would replace components/fluids with Honda-authorized materials.

Are these fair prices? Should I call around? I appreciate any comments.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Thanks Plasdom and blueiedgod for this discussion on here...I just had a quick question for both of you.

I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX with 107,000 miles on it. The "malfunction" light came on yesterday and so I read the manual about possible problems. Of course, it wasn't a loose gas tank cap. But anyways, I've talked with a few people and they seem to suggest that it's probably the O2 sensor. Today, while driving home from work, I was at a stop sign, upon accelerating the car felt as if it was going to choke and die. Did you experience the same kind of "symptom"? Just thought I'd ask to try to get more information and see if everything leads to the O2 sensor problem. I too am not a big mechanic but with the economy these days, i'd be willing to put in some hours to try and fix it myself. Did you end up doing it yourself Plasdom? Thanks for your time and discussion!

Go to Auto Zone and have them read the code, it is free. It will tell you if the O2 sensor is gone. I am not sure what mileage the extended emission warranty expires at, but check the owener's manual for that. You may get a free replacement from Honda, either through emission warranty, or just as courtesy if you call Honda corporate. Just tell them how much you like the car and that you bought it because of the reliability image Honda projects. Chances are they will either cover it fully, or split the cost with you. If you are willing to get dirty, ask them to pay for the sensor and you will provide the labor to replace it. If they say no, you can buy a replacement sensor from AutoZone (hence the free code reading). Almost all of sensors are made by Bosch, they contain Platinum and thus the high cost.

Good luck
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Question, ---- Why couldn't some "epoxy" be placed over the crack to seal the problem? I have used "epoxy" in repairing items, and they seem to hold up well! ----Best regards. ----- Dwayne
  • collegemancollegeman Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just bought a 98 Civic LX with 96K miles from the original owner. She did not ever change the spark plugs, brakes, timing belt, etc. She did put new tires on a year ago and alignment/rotation. Oil has been changed every 5000miles. I am contemplating getting a 90K maitenence service done by the Honda dealer here in San Diego. $499 total package price for timing belt service, $340 for 90K maintence( replace spark plugs, inspect EVERYTHING, and a few other things) Are these prices reasonable. What are the prospects of going to a different mechanic and having the work done there? Any sacrifice in quality? Besides having the spark plugs and timing belt replaced, what else is really necessary for me to have done at 90K miles? Could I just get the timing belt package done at the dealership and go elsewhere for sparkplugs and inspection? I would really appreciate any advice, this is a big investment for me and I want to make sure I am making a quality decision that will last me the rest of my college career (3yrs) without any hassles. Thanks!
  • micksbuyacarmicksbuyacar Member Posts: 6
    See my post #625. Same question regarding a 60K maintenance on a '95 civic (my own), but have received no replies from this forum. I was quoted $399 for the maintenance (as per manual) and $499 for the timing belt at a dealership in metro Denver (called a 2nd dealership - same prices). So to answer your first question, the prices are similar (if not necessarily reasonable!).

If I bought a used vehicle, I would have budgeted some money for a tuneup and needed service. However, $900 is probably a lot more than you expected to have to pay.

Regarding going elsewhere, if you know a mechanic that you trust, no reason not to have the work done by them. My problem here is that I don't know a good mechanic.

Mick
  • civic02civic02 Member Posts: 1
    I guess it would depend on how bad the crack is...wouldn't it? I am willing to try. I just found out yesterday, mine is cracked on my '02. No longer under the warranty. Quote was over $700 to fix, including O2 sensor.
  • corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    Do you have a sunroof?
  • thomasthanhthomasthanh Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2000 Civic EX with 110k. The malfunction light comes on as well. I brought it to Honda Dealership and they told me that it was a belt rubbing on the wire harness and it is cutting through it. I wasn't sure which harness but I got it fix anyway...
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    $500 for a timing belt is about average.

$400 for a 90,000 mile service is high. Did the dealer say they were doing the recommended services, or did give you a list of the services they were going to perform and you checked the list they gave you against your owners manual? Find out exactly what services they will be doing and check it against your owners manual. Only have the services performed that are in the owners manual.

I checked the owners manual for our '02 Civic (which probably has less service due at 90k than your '95) and it was oil & filter change, air filter change, cabin A/C filter change, tire rotation, and inspections. That's not $400 worth of work. Even if a tune up were included at 90K it's still not $400 IMO.

Good luck.
  • renigaderenigade Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2003 honda civic lx sedan about 7 months ago. the reason i bought the car was for good gas millage. well the gas millage is going good my question is that i am averaging around 4 thousand miles a month. at this rate my car will have over 225,000 miles on it when it is paid off. is it possible for this thing to last. I do follow the recommendations for up keep and maintance and all work is done through the dealership.. also most miles are highway.... :confuse: :sick:
  • rock5rock5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a Honda Civic which is less than 1 year old. it is only 9600 kms now. I don't need to commute long to my work. Do I still need to do the maintenance according to Honda's maintenance chart? I did the first oil change three month ago when it was 8000 kms. they said next maintenance would be 3 months later which should be end of July or 16000 kms; but I only added 1600 kms after the first oil change, do I still need to do it by end of July? can I delay it?
    Thank you very much.
    Rock
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    Absolutely, given no hidden damage during pre-ownership and under your ownership! Their is really no real reason why you should not be able to hit a minimum of 250,000 miles ! Most 10k intervals are visual inspections. The more important maintainance items 10k oil change and 20k oil filter changes, the 120k (whatever the interval is) timing belt, autot ensioner and water pump replacement and of course plug replacement. There are of course others as per the shop manual. Best of luck.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    rock5,

I don't yet own a Civic, but my 2004 Accord's Owner's Manual Maintenance Schedule (for four-cylinder Accords) states:

Replace engine oil Every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or every 6 months, whichever comes first

Replace engine oil filter Every 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or every year, whichever comes first

These are from the Severe Conditions chart. The Normal Conditions chart shows much longer service intervals. Since you asked your question using kilometers, I presume that you reside in Canada. The Maintenance Schedule section of my Accord's Owner's Manual states Canadian Owners - Follow the Maintenance Schedule for Severe Conditions.

You seem to be concerned about three months. What does your Civic's Owner's Manual say?
  • jeepluverjeepluver Member Posts: 4
    The maintenance is worth doing but seems pricey. I would check some local mechanics to have it done, look for a Honda/Acura mechanic in your area. I got lucky, I had a 93 Civic with 202,000 miles on it until someone pulled out in front of me in an older Cadillac and BAM car is totaled. It was very mechanically sound, here is the luck part, my wife works at a Chevy dealership in northern Colorado and one of the mechanics loved to work on Honda's. We buy the parts, he puts them in, we buy him lunch, we all win. I know the cost of the parts for a timing belt/ water pump (which needs replaced along with the timing belt) is around $120 or less from Honda. I did end up with another Civic, this time a 95 4 door with 122,000 miles on it. Bought it at the end of April, had the mechanic check it out and do timing belt/water pump and oil change. I have put over 10,000 miles on it since. No issues at all. He changes oil every 3-4000 and timing every 60,000. I have a stick shift so no tranny fluid to worry about. Normal maintenance saves a lot.

Dave
  • nealintampanealintampa Member Posts: 6
    i am confused as to whether i should follow the "normal" or "severe" schedule in the manual... i live in florida where obviously it is hot most of the time... most of my driving is at speeds of 35-55mph with only moderate stop and go driving... my car is leased so i want to do the minimum but still maintain the car properly and not violate warranty... to add to confusion, the dealer were i leased the car sent me email and regular mail to bring in car for first service at 3,750 miles because otherwise i would lose warranty protection... even severe is at 5,000 miles or 6 months... please advise.
  • neokyleneokyle Member Posts: 1
    Hi. A while back, my driver side window was busted (someone stole my stereo). When I had the window replaced, the guy accidentally cut the rubber seal at the bottem of the window. Not sure what its called... I guess it's the thing that keeps water from getting into the door. Does anyone know what it is actually called and where I could find replacents for both doors? Thanks!

1998 Honda Civic Hatchback DX
  • johnl9johnl9 Member Posts: 2
    have a 1997 civic and the the child lock was activated - now the door is unable to be opened from inside or out.
    any solutions?
    nealintampa,

Ignore the dealership's solicitations to do unnecessary, very profitable (for them) services. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations on the Maintenance Schedule in your Owner's Manual. After all, Honda designed, tested, built and warrantees the vehicle.

Follow the "Normal" schedule, using the Honda-specified type of oil, and you'll be fine.
  • perdomoperdomo Member Posts: 1
    my air bag light came on on my dash board. i have not been in any accidents and did all scheduled maintenance on the car. would any one have a clue why this light would come on . i check the fuses and the sensor and everything seems to be good.
  • itzallguditzallgud Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone. Just came across this site and am amazed at all the infomation available in the forums. I just bought a 1997 Civic LX with 117,000 miles, automatic transmission. I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. Thanks in advance!

1.The SRS light was on when I bought it. I'm fairly confident that this car had not deployed its airbags, but I can't be certain. I have heard that this light can come on for a variety of reasons. What should I do? From what I have read, sounds like I should take it to dealership and have them check it and reset if its nothing serious. But I hear that can be $65-100. Any other routes I could take besides this one?

2.One thing that concerned me but currently is not a problem is the check engine light came on. I bought the car, drove it 2 hours on interstate, then ran it through an automatic carwash and a couple of things happened. First, even though the car was in park, the green light for drive on the guage cluster started flashing a few times, then after a sequence of flashes and no flashes it stopped(about1-2 minutes elapsed, this happened while I was in the bay getting washed). Next when I pulled out, the check engine light came on, then after a few minutes of driving, the speedometer dial started bouncing around erratically. I have read a few posts where this may be attributed to a harness around the manifold rubbing. Is that the case here or not? Now the second part of this. The next day I drove and picked up a new air filter, installed it and took the car to have new tires, oil change and have corrosion taken off the battery posts. When I got back in the car, check engine light was off and speedometer now works. So I wonder if disconnecting battery cleared it or if something else caused it to go away? After 20 minutes of driving, stopping and another car wash(first one did a crappy job!) drove on home still with no light on and speedometer working. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. And back to the transmission issue, it hasn't happened again in the 1 day that has elapsed since. Transmission seems to shift ok, the only thing that felt different to me while I have had the car is that it seems to be geared low or possibly taking to long to shift out into OD. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I notice after letting off the gas from mild accelaration, it takes a second or two for it to shift out. My transmission mechanic friend via phone told me if the lockup wasn't working properly the check engine light would be one. But of course, that light came on under different circumstances and now has went back off. Any ideas?

3.The maintenance required slot or whatever it is on the guages cluster is red. What does this mean and how can it be reset. I assumed this probably come on after 100,000 miles or something. Anything to be worried about?

4.I know I need a new timing belt because it has not been changed yet. What will this cost me on average? I hear anywhere from $300 to 500. Are there any other maintenance items I should be doing at 117,000 miles? I have bought this car for commuting so I hope to get another 100,000 miles out of it at least. I hope with diligent maintenance and care this can be accomplished. I have always wanted to own a Civic and I'm excited to have one now. In just two days, I love it even with the issues I have mentioned. I hope none are too serious. Thanks for any feedback guys!

One other thing, I guess if the sticker for the car(yep it was still in the glove box!)says it didn't come with keyless entry then I probably can't add a remote and program it right? I would need to install a system? Just wishful thinking I guess!...
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    1.The SRS light was on when I bought it. I'm fairly confident that this car had not deployed its airbags, but I can't be certain. I have heard that this light can come on for a variety of reasons. What should I do? From what I have read, sounds like I should take it to dealership and have them check it and reset if its nothing serious. But I hear that can be $65-100. Any other routes I could take besides this one?

First of all, ask the seller for the OWNER'S MANUAL!

You should have asked the seller to fix that. Even though it may not be a deployed air bag, an air bag module can cost $600.

2.One thing that concerned me but currently is not a problem is the check engine light came on. I bought the car, drove it 2 hours on interstate, then ran it through an automatic carwash and a couple of things happened. First, even though the car was in park, the green light for drive on the guage cluster started flashing a few times, then after a sequence of flashes and no flashes it stopped(about1-2 minutes elapsed, this happened while I was in the bay getting washed). Next when I pulled out, the check engine light came on, then after a few minutes of driving, the speedometer dial started bouncing around erratically. I have read a few posts where this may be attributed to a harness around the manifold rubbing. Is that the case here or not? Now the second part of this. The next day I drove and picked up a new air filter, installed it and took the car to have new tires, oil change and have corrosion taken off the battery posts. When I got back in the car, check engine light was off and speedometer now works. So I wonder if disconnecting battery cleared it or if something else caused it to go away? After 20 minutes of driving, stopping and another car wash(first one did a crappy job!) drove on home still with no light on and speedometer working. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. And back to the transmission issue, it hasn't happened again in the 1 day that has elapsed since. Transmission seems to shift ok, the only thing that felt different to me while I have had the car is that it seems to be geared low or possibly taking to long to shift out into OD. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I notice after letting off the gas from mild accelaration, it takes a second or two for it to shift out. My transmission mechanic friend via phone told me if the lockup wasn't working properly the check engine light would be one. But of course, that light came on under different circumstances and now has went back off. Any ideas?

Flashing "D" light is an indication of a problem with tranny. Bouncy speedo is an indication of bad wires or faulty speed sensor in the tranny.

3.The maintenance required slot or whatever it is on the guages cluster is red. What does this mean and how can it be reset. I assumed this probably come on after 100,000 miles or something. Anything to be worried about?

You should ask the seller if the maintenance was performed and they forgot to reset the indicator. The owner's manual would tell you how to reset it.

4.I know I need a new timing belt because it has not been changed yet. What will this cost me on average? I hear anywhere from $300 to 500. Are there any other maintenance items I should be doing at 117,000 miles? I have bought this car for commuting so I hope to get another 100,000 miles out of it at least. I hope with diligent maintenance and care this can be accomplished. I have always wanted to own a Civic and I'm excited to have one now. In just two days, I love it even with the issues I have mentioned. I hope none are too serious. Thanks for any feedback guys!

The owner's manual would tell you what to do at what mileage.

One other thing, I guess if the sticker for the car(yep it was still in the glove box!)says it didn't come with keyless entry then I probably can't add a remote and program it right? I would need to install a system? Just wishful thinking I guess!...

LX did not have remote keyless entry. The EX had remote keyless entry built into the stock radio.
  • itzallguditzallgud Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to let my local Honda dealership do their used car inspection to see what they can find. I figure its worth the 90 bucks to get peace of mind and find out what issues there may be. But I'm afraid if they find too many things wrong I will be upset about my purchase.:( I do have a 90 day warranty that will cover a few things, so hopefully anything wrong would fall into that category. We shall see. Thanks again.
  • ahallahall Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2000 Civic with about 95,000 miles. 2 days ago, it started making a noise when put in reverse. It's a high pitched squeal, but it doesn't sound like squeaky brakes. It happens only when reversing. Once the car is in drive, it stops. Any suggestions as to what it might be? Thanks for any help!
  • 2nr2nr Member Posts: 2
    Honda unveiled the new 2006 Civic Si concept car awhile back. They said it's 90% production.

Does anyone think it will come with 18"? the exhaust mounted in the middle?
  • oleg_k_aoleg_k_a Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I got 1998 Civic HX, did all maintnance on it, just replaced the O2 sensor, changed the spark plugs and the spark plug wires, oil, air filter and stuff.
    The gas effeciency is really bad. The car is spect for up to 36mpg in city and 44mpg on freeway, I get only about 29 in the city and the exost pipe has black powder build up on it, if I clean it the black stuff comes back in about a day or so. So I guess the fuel/air mixture is way to rich, I don't know why and what to do.
    I checked the computor readout for any false codes and nothing came up. Added some carb cleaner inthe gas tank and ran some water through the engine to get rid of any build up on the valves and stuff. Nothing seems to help,
    Any ideas???
  • tr20tr20 Member Posts: 76
    While driving my 99 Civic coupe tonight, I noticed the malfunction indicator lamp went on?

I have near 145 000km on it.

Does anyone know what the light came on?
  • tr20tr20 Member Posts: 76
    in my previous message, I posted a problem regarding with the malfunction indicator lamp.

I looked it up in my driver's manual. Now coming to think of it, I think the problem is when I went to put in some gas, which was last Sunday (July 31), when i closed the gas cap, i only turned it 2 clicks. In the manual, it specifies at least 3.

Last night, (6 days after i put in some gas), while driving the indicator lamp came on and it's still on. Is this normal?

Today, I went to put in gas again, this time I closed it with about 4-5 clicks on the gas cap. I noticed on the gas cap, it says if you don't close it with at least 3 clicks, the engine light may come on------and it did. but after 6 days?

Now that i have closed the gas cap properly, I'm hoping the light will disappear!

In the manual, it says tightening the cap will NOT make the indicator turn off immediately, it takes 3 driving trips. One down, and 2 to go!

If anyone has experienced a similar problem, it would be cool if you share your experience! thanks!
  • rowaxerowaxe Member Posts: 12
    Actually yes, but i already sealed that shut and fixed those leaks. I did find the leak though. apparently a few hondas are known to leak here. Water running down the windscreen runs down into channels in the the sides of the car and one of these had rusted through. to repair it I had to tear out the dashboard and the heater and blower, then rust reverse and putty and seal the area and then put it all back together. it was very messy and frustrating but effective.
  • speterson1speterson1 Member Posts: 228
    If you have an Autozone in your area you can take your car there and they will hook it up to the computer and read the computer codes that are causing your check engine light to be lit (for free!). Once you do that you'll have a much better idea (or at least something more specific) to report to this board or a local mechanic.

Steve
  • ethomsenethomsen Member Posts: 1
    Recently I have noticed that while my 99 Civic LX is idling while at a stop light the exhaust rattles. Once I start accelerating the rattling stops. I haven't brought the car to have it looked at yet because this seems like a minor repair and I don't want to pay someone to fix something I could probably do myself. I know this may sound like an easy fix for most of you but I have absolutely little knowledge of auto repair. If any of you could offer some advice or have encountered the same problem please let me know.
  • myboybluemyboyblue Member Posts: 56
    have a 1997 civic and the the child lock was activated - now the door is unable to be opened from inside or out.
    any solutions?

If you are unable to open from the outside you have more problems than the child locks. They only prevent someone from the inside trying to get out not vice-versa.

Good Luck.
  • carlosm1carlosm1 Member Posts: 2
    My Honda Civic 93 - EX is giving me idling problems. The idle speed when the engine starts is about 1600 rpm. After warms up goes down to 1100 rpm, and it fluctuates up and down on its own. When the A/C is turned on the car looses power intermittently while accelerating. Please help.
  • carlosm1carlosm1 Member Posts: 2
    My Honda Civic 93 - EX is giving me idling problems. The idle speed when the engine starts is about 1600 rpm. After warms up goes down to 1100 rpm, and it fluctuates up and down on its own. When the A/C is turned on the car looses power intermittently while accelerating. Please help.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You might get a quicker response by posting in Honda Civic Owners: Problems & Solutions.
  • chadrappchadrapp Member Posts: 35
    About how much should it cost to replace timing belt on my 02 Civic?
  • mbotmbot Member Posts: 6
    hi. i just stumbled across this site and it is great. i have a problem with my 93' Civic LX (4 Dr Sedan). hopefully someone can help me out:
    when it is wet outside, or it slightly cold, my windows tend to fog up very quickly. not only do they fog up quickly, but it gets so bad that i cannot see anything. is there a remedy for this? i have tried applying an anti-fog coating to the windows, but that doesn't seem to help. any ideas? thanks.
  • d15b7d15b7 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everybody!
    I think my bolt joints are for changing, but understood, that just the labor for that is about $300?!? :surprise: I have plan to buy them and change by myself! Is it possible and can you give me a link to see how to do. :confuse:
    I' m not sure that things are BOLT JOINT or BALL JOINTS?!? :confuse: :blush:
    What's the difference?

Thanks in advance!
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Hi. I am replacing my front brake pads on my 01 Civic. Vehicle was making a metal scraping sound when accelerating, so I took it to the shop yesterday for a brake inspection. For some reason the right front pad is low, but the left front pads look fine. Do you recommend using the OEM brake pads to replace, or just what the repair shop says is an equivalent replacement? Is it necessary to replace both sides, are brake places willing to replace just one side and only charge for one side? Do you recommend going through the dealer, or is a Pepboys or equivalent shop just as good? Thank you for your help!
  • reblack_jrreblack_jr Member Posts: 57
    I just got back from visiting my 91 yr old mother in law. She has a 99 Civic that has not had a oil change since 02' @ ~5200 miles. It is now 3 yrs later and she has added another 750 miles to the odometer. She wonders what maintenance is needed. She is the lady that only drives 5 miles a week inside her retirement village to the Library and Church. Is this car's engine TRASH or what should she do. It has not caused her to breakdown yet. Thanks in advance!
  • 05liz05liz Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I just bought a ’01 Honda civic coupe, automatic with 60,000 miles. This is my first car, so I’m a little concerned about how to care for it. My most immediate concern is rust. The car has been in California for its entire life and I’m about to drive it out to Massachusetts/New York, where it will be parked outside in the snow all winter (I probably won’t drive it more than a couple times a week.). I’ve been reading about undercoating and rust-proofing in general on another forum and the posters were evenly split about whether it’s necessary. Does any one know how Hondas in particular hold up in the New England winters and whether my ‘01 Civic would need any treatment before I introduce it to snow and salt? I’ve also read that I should rinse off the undercarriage of the car about once a month and was wondering how to go about doing this. Is it as easy as bending over and spraying under the car with a hose for a couple minutes, or do I need to lift up the car, crawl underneath it, and spray the parts carefully?

Also, there are a couple of scratches and nicks in the paint. Should I put a primer on those spots or wax the entire car? Any brands would you guys recommend? Finally, is there anything else (snow tires, perhaps?) that I should get or be concerned about or keep my eye on, especially in regards to transitioning it to the northeast climate? I have close to no experience with cars, so any tips, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lizzy
  • sky92_kilsky92_kil Member Posts: 4
    Hi Lizzy, first off I dont think it's really necessary to rinse off the undercarriage for the sole reason that you just dont need too. If there's any chance of black ice anywhere you'll be driving I would definently suggest some studded snow tires. and about scratches in the paint; I would put some kind of primer or sealent on them only if you can see the metal of the car because those could be potential rust spots, and last but not least, about the salty air; I live in the western region of the pacific north-west so Im pretty close to the ocean and as far as the salty air is concerned you dont really need to worry about it. Over a very long extensive period of time the paint could rust and ware but I wouldent worry about it; some "car-nuts" would suggest putting a cover over it when your not driving it and it wouldent hurt but its not too necesary.

Skyler
    Hi, I have a Honda CRX and it's very cold blooded. I have too sit in the thing for five minuites before its warm enough to drive otherwise it dies on me when I back out of the drive way. The idle is also pretty high when its warming up (3000rpm). Any suggestions are appreciated thanks.

Skyler :confuse:
  • thehuacthehuac Member Posts: 11
    When do I need to change the timing belt on my 2004 honda civic ex 2 door coupe 5 spped manual. My car already has 65,000 miles.
    thehuac,

If I were you, I'd locate that information in the Maintenance Schedule section of my Owners Manual. It's probably in your glove compartment.
  • jburkjburk Member Posts: 5
    I'm having trouble taking off my rear wiper blade on my 92 Civic hatchback. I've looked in my maunual but that was no help. Does anybody have any advice on how to do this?
    Thanks for you help
  • manu491manu491 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem, in fact I think we must change all wiper parts (blade+arm).
  • vix4vix4 Member Posts: 52
    How often do people change the fluid in their CVTs?

Honda recommends every 60K but I'm worried given Hondas reputation for transmission failures. Some people say do it every 15K, but thats seem way too frequent. 30K?
  • nyroynyroy Member Posts: 1
    I have an 00 civic in ny. They hold up excellant. according to consumer reports undercoating is useless and in fact detrimental.ditto for rustproofing. as far as nicks go get touchup paint from a dealer(they come in a little lipstick like applicator) change the oil and filter and drive it. Your all season tires are probaly fine
  • themadhattervpthemadhattervp Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for advice on how to beef up the rear suspension of my 2005 Civic Coupe VP. I am from the St. Louis, MO area. I am an electronics technician and use the car to travel all over the country (4000 miles a month). I carry a lot of tools and supplies and need some help to keep the car from sagging and get better handling. I purposely bought this car over a truck or van for the economy, inexpensive maintenance, my loyalty to Honda (4th one),and reliability.
This discussion has been closed.