Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dandyliondandylion Member Posts: 3
    Crown Honda in Charlotte, NC. I am also getting decent pricing from Hendrick Honda in Charlotte.
  • fumesfumes Member Posts: 11
    Sounds good however the price I have through Zimbrick is initially cheaper than the one I received from Wilde. I have my lowest quote from Valley Honda in Illinois.
  • pjjhawarpjjhawar Member Posts: 3
    I am also interested in buying a similar car. Can you please tell me where you got this quote from and the sales person's name and number. Thank you.
  • naveenknaveenk Member Posts: 2
    Hi rk2u, could you please identify the honda dealer and the point of contact that you got the deal from? I am also looking to buy a similar car without the NAV and wasn't getting such a good deal in San Diego.

thanks
    Naveen
  • pswillowpswillow Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I am going to try and work the same magic!
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    I am getting a quote of ~30K + TTL (CASH PRICE) in the San Francisco/San Jose Bay area. Is that a good deal or prices could go lower ?

Inventory in Bay area seems high...which means that Honda will have to come in with 0% financing
  • msatvedimsatvedi Member Posts: 7
    can you please email me with salesperson name at grand honda

msatvedi@yahoo.com

did you get the cross bars and other options? and price if you did?

tia,
    msatvedi
  • pack76pack76 Member Posts: 10
    what is the price you have from zimbrick.
  • buypilot1buypilot1 Member Posts: 10
    Xplorin: Can you email me your salesman contact? I live in NC and would love to get this deal. What's the sale tax in VA? I believe I only have to pay NC's TTL.
  • vkuttyvkutty Member Posts: 25
    Hi All,
    I have price quote for 2007 EXL OTD $29,300 (this price include NY tax 8.375%, destination charge, all fees, wheel looks, mud flaps and trunk tray). Is this is a good price or I can get better than this price???????
    PACK76

07 EX-L RES (Splash Guards and Destinatin Inc)

We responded to the email with a few questions about the $2k incentive.
  • aahmad232aahmad232 Member Posts: 7
    Fumes,

is that price with the 2.9% financing?
    Don't think so - We haven't mentioned anything about financing yet. They also didn't mention the $2k incentive so we're waiting to hear if that was included.
  • fulcrum81fulcrum81 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for all the info we got from the forum. Finally, we bought the EX-L from Crown Honda at southpoint w/ $27,462 OTD. Sanford Honda has same price, but they have only one EX-L (oceanmist) while Crown has more available. The lowest price I found at autopark is $27,561 OTD when I use Krish's price for price match, and you can find the original post here

w4vku, "Honda Odyssey: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #15900, 13 Aug 2007 6:29 pm
    No
  • mchang1mchang1 Member Posts: 1
    hello,
    can you email me the dealer/sales person you dealt with.
    They tell me that your price is ridiculous.
    I have bought 3 cars already in the past from hersons honda.
    email me at jdsn@comcast.net
  • maa_1456maa_1456 Member Posts: 1
    Could please provide sales person contact details?
    Also did they give any add-ons?

Thanks
  • chicagohondachicagohonda Member Posts: 4
    Hello - I received a quote for $28072 OTD for an EX-L with mud-flaps being the only add-on (6.5% sales tax). This is with self-financing. I was told that if I want the 4.9% for 48-60 months, I have to add on $2000.

Does this sound like a good price? Do you think we'll see better deals in September when the 2008 models are out?
  • smathursmathur Member Posts: 2
    This seems to be a very good deal. What is the tax rate in your county ?
    I'm getting an OTD of 28,000 for EXL without RES in Atlanta area
  • avicalcavicalc Member Posts: 1
    Dealer in Houston,TX area is offering $27,844 for an EX-L w/RES. Out the door price is $29,831 (6.5% sales tax + title + fees). Is this a good price or should I keep shopping?
  • danl08danl08 Member Posts: 2
    We had a few possibilities last weekend, but none ended up panning out. Does anyone have a lead around DC? We are paying cash so it should be fairly straight forward.
  • anaky1220anaky1220 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

Can you tell me which dealership you used?

Thank you.
  • anaky1220anaky1220 Member Posts: 14
    Can you tell me which dealership you purchased from?

Thank you.
  • jonfrasierjonfrasier Member Posts: 20
    My initial holdback calculation was correct at $1,172.85 for the Touring model. $1,061.64 is 3% of dealer invoice.
    MSRP.......................... 34895

Dealer Invoice............ 31,592
    Destination Charge.... +595
    Total Dealer Cost....... 32,187
    -------------------------------
    Holdback 3% (from DI) -1046.85
    Cashback................... -2000

Total......................... 29,140.15

If you are getting an EXL with RES/Nav start at this number.
    I did it again. I meant to write (from MSRP). Anyway, the number is correct.
    MSRP.......................... 31,095

Dealer Invoice............ 28,159
    Destination Charge.... +595
    Total Dealer Cost....... 28,754
    -------------------------------
    Holdback 3% (from MSRP) -932.85
    Cashback................... -2000

Total......................... $25,821.15

Of course this is without tax, title, and fees. Subtract this number from the number the dealer gave you to find their profit.
  • xplorinxplorin Member Posts: 6
    buypilot1......... You can email me @ Xplorin3@Hotmail.com. Va sales tax I think is 3%. My tax was $ 872.62. I email you back with the salesperson name and phone number.
  • donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    Not sure that you'll see better in Sept. Might, but less color options. I think you should be able to get that price you've got quoted INCLUDING the financing. Where's the deal from? I'd suggest you get internet quotes from Ohare honda (des plaines), Honda On Grand (McGrath in city)& Carr Honda in Skokie. Back in June July I know several folks that purchased around 26,750 + tax WITH the financing. Dealers did have an extra kick from Honda then, but still worth checking if you haven't.
  • cargirl10cargirl10 Member Posts: 3
    Vaniscool,

I am getting similar quotes for the EXL with Nav and RES in the bay area (~30K not including TTL). I visited Capitol Honda in San Jose this weekend and found that the inventory was excessive (mostly on the Touring model). When were you thinking about purchasing? If timing works out perhaps we could negotiate with one dealer together... sure to bring the price down for both of us. Win win. I'm not in a hurry to buy right now, but will likely purchase something in the next 1.5 months.

Just e-mail me your thoughts. RCHELL2@yahoo.com
  • buypilot1buypilot1 Member Posts: 10
    I am fixing up to buy 1 from Bryan Honda for about the same price. Not sure if they can go any lower than 27,460 on exl.
  • ewl930ewl930 Member Posts: 21
    Just emailed you the info. The key is to work with their internet salespeople. The price is for real!
    It included wheel locks and door edge guards. Happy to send you the contact info, but not allowed to post it here so tell me where to send it!
    Highly recommend Herson's Honda in Rockville.
    My info is that Honda lowered its holdback to 2%. Only goes to 3% if vehicles been on the lot for > 2 months.
    Believe holdback here would be $621.90 (2%, not 3%), changing the total to $26,132.10 plus T/T, close to what we just bought for in MD.
  • nixonnixon Member Posts: 11
    When posting purchase prices, please include the base purchase price before Tax Title and License.

Out the Door pricing varies greatly from state to state.

For instance, Texas, has a sales tax of 6.25% compared to the lucky citizens of Oregon who don't have a sales tax.
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    I also am in NY. EX-L with mud flaps and trunk tray. Price was approximately $28,100 OTD. I had a trade so had to add the tax back in for price equalization to give you a fair comparison price.
    so what is the OTD price include tax and all fee.
    I found the same about inventory. Do you think $29K or $29.5K + TTL is dooable on this one? I got an on the spot price of $30.5K + TTL with small negotiation....I want to buy within a week ...actually close to labor day will be a good time to buy (end of the month plus desperate to move inventory).

Although I like some features on Touring (esp power tailgate) I have ruled it out as they have the PAX run-flat tires which are expensive/hard to replace (if required). Will email you end of the day.

Van-is-cool
  • gasmizrgasmizr Member Posts: 40
    Like I said in my previous post. The full Out The Door price was $28,100. This included price for EX-L with Destination charge, NYS tax 8.325%, title fee and registration/plates transfer. No other fees or dealer adds.
    Is it true that internet guys give a cheaper price or the same or lower price can be had by haggling through salespersons
    If you know your facts (invoice, etc.) and what price you're after, and you can get it by emailing, why bother with the time and frustration of haggling with salespeople? We did ours all by email and there was no discussion of price at all when we actually went in. Plus, at least where we bought, the internet salespeople are paid by how many vehicles they sell, not by the price-- so a very different incentive (and they did admit that this gets the regular salespeople quite frustrated sometimes....)
    Which dealership gave you $29800 on EXL-RES-NAV in bay area ?
    Can please give me the dealership name and sales persons contact info, I am planning to buy on this week or next week. My email markosege@hotmail.com
    Thank you,
  • mcmanmcman Member Posts: 8
    Hi if you give me your email address i will send you the name and address.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I've seen it go both ways. It seems to depend on the store.
  • grizfangrizfan Member Posts: 7
    Sure,

Jay Lee's Gladstone Honda in Gladstone, OR
  • carskumcarskum Member Posts: 12
    I bought mine at Honda on Grand from Bruce Meyer for $27,500 OTD with 6.75% tax. YOu can beat this proce at either Honda on Grand or Valley Honda. Good luck
  • carskumcarskum Member Posts: 12
    I bought mine for $25,570?????? + 59 doc + 143 title + 6.5% tax. Was the dealer selling at a loss?