Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cgchasercgchaser Member Posts: 2
    I got an outstanding deal on a new 2012 Honda Civic LX automatic coupe polished metal color equipped with tinted windows, pin stripes and the spoiler.

Had numerous dealers in the metroplex competing for the past month and I went in to buy the car on black Friday 11/23/2012 from Rusty Wallace Honda in Garland TX.

Breakdown on what I paid
    $16,255.00 CAR PRICE
    $1015.93 SALES TAX
    $310.62 TITLE LICENSE ETC
    $17,581.55 TOTAL BOTTUM LINE OUT THE DOOR PRICE
  • cgchasercgchaser Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention that I did not have any trade in and paid in full via a personal check.
  • rushin16rushin16 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone got their hands on the new 2013 released last week. I checked with a local dealer and he offered an LX he had for no less than MSRP.

Do you think that will change by the end of december?
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    It will change
  • cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    Can anyone confirm the current dealer cash incentive on the '12 Civic? Lease ends next month, want to just swap for 2012, told by dealer friend a ways away it is now $1,500 as opposed to the currently advertised 1,000....(he is out east, I am in midwest, if that makes a difference if Regional...)

looking at EX 4door sedan..2012
  • musicitytigermusicitytiger Member Posts: 10
    It's a little bit of a hike for you but gives you kind of a baseline for purchasing. Antrim Way Honda in Greencastle, PA recently sold an MY12 EX-L $20,540. See link below for reported price:
    http://www.voiceofthedriver.com/node/70052
  • caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    I'm currently shopping for a 2012 LX Sedan Automatic in the DFW area and all the quotes come back @ $17,200. Is this a good price considering the current incentives?
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    If they have a lot of cars on the lot, you can probably do better. Go out and look. If you're getting quotes at $17,200, try for $16,500.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • pixelvillepixelville Member Posts: 7
    Is anyone able to get the 2013 Civic LX for less than MSRP yet?

Based on your previous experiences, historical years, models, is it likely I can get it for about $800-1000 below MSRP in the next 30-60 days?
    It appears the 2012 Civic was offered at > $1000 discount within <3 months of release. Was that an exception because of the initial reviews and response?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Are the '13 models even out yet? Thought they'd debut early next year?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• pixelvillepixelville Member Posts: 7
    Yes, 2013 Civic was released at the end of November at the LA Auto Show.
  • mmggmmgg Member Posts: 7
    Picked up my 2012 Civic LX Sedan today at $17700 OTD. (Base: $16,1xx + Tax: 7% (approx. $1250) + fees). I thought OTD probably can go lower, but 4 other dealers did not want to beat this OTD.

2013 LX is also available with new tail lights and built in rear view camera; other than that, everything pretty much same.
  • caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    Automatic?
  • joseedwinjoseedwin Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2012 Civic LX today for 17800 OTD, plus 2 years free maintenance.
  • vaiv777vaiv777 Member Posts: 7
    joseedwin - from where did you buy ? What was sale price quoted ?
  • sjw4sjw4 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Just bought a 2012 Civic LX from Ron Norris Honda in Titusville, FL. I requested a price from their website and received a detailed quote with the best price of any Central Florida dealer. I paid $17867.44 OTD including 6% tax. Very happy...in and out in 90 minutes.
  • mmggmmgg Member Posts: 7
    Automatic. ~26-27 mpg in the city.
  • civiclx12civiclx12 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2012 Civic LX Auto for $18,054 OTD from Burns Honda, Marlton NJ on 1/1/13

Sale Price $16,300.00
    Vehicle Theft Protection $99.50
    Sales Tax 7% $1,147.97
    Tire fee $7.50
    4 Year Registration $301.00
    Doc Fee $199.00
    Total $18,054.97 OTD. Got 0.9% Honda Financing.

Vehichle had 9 miles on it with following dealer installed options
    - Wheel locks
    - Window etching
    - mud gaurds
    - trunk tray

I am not sure if this is a good deal or not, but I think I should not have gone for the Vehicle theft protecton $99.50 and questioned the 4 year Registration fees. NV MVC site has a calculator and it comes out to $198.xx for 4 year registration.

Overall it was good experience.

Thanks to Brian and all others contributing to this forum, this is the second car purchase I made based on the information from this forum. It helps a lot!!!
    Congrats. Sounds like a good deal. The vehicle theft and registration are minor compared to the overall discount.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • joseedwinjoseedwin Member Posts: 2
    I bought it from Neil Huffman in Clarksville, Indiana
  • ollie62ollie62 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. I recently purchased a 2013 civic EX with an OTD price of 22432 and was curious if I did okay. The dealer add ons included trunk tray, and wheel locks, tinted windows, mud flaps, and the door liner things I think. I haven't seen anyone else post their purchase price on the 2013 models anywhere else so I thought I'd ask.
  • bck2bck2 Member Posts: 6
    Looking to buy 2012 LX Auto...please post latest prices paid for this model. The information on this board is very useful and helps level the playing field while negotiating with the dealers. Thanks in advance!
  • 03maxmiase03maxmiase Member Posts: 12
    In MD looking for best price for 2013 Civic EX-L (no nav) sedan before tax title, etc. Thanks.
  • bck2bck2 Member Posts: 6
    Ended up buying 2013 LX auto model. Base price 17,850 + TTL = 19,500 OTD.
    Dealership is in central NJ (7% tax).

The best price I was quoted for 2012 LX auto model was 16,700 + TTL. I decided to spent a little more for 2013 model, which comes with Bluetooth, rear camera, better quality interior and stylish exterior. Also, according to Edmunds review, it is quieter (road noise) than 12 and has better suspension. Can't verify this unless you have driven both cars for a while.

Good luck to prospective buyers.
  • 03maxmiase03maxmiase Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    Just picked up 2013 Civic sedan EX-L with nav. MD - 24100 OTD.
  • moshtradamusmoshtradamus Member Posts: 1
    I want to pick up a 2013 Civic EX (L.A., CA) and I'm planning on being able to cut a check for at least $10k at the time of purchase and using this as a negotiating tool. How much do you think I could get it for out OTD?

Hoping they'll see the $$ I'm dropping and be more flexible.
  • cebaceba Member Posts: 1
    What I would do is actually go to a credit union, and try to get a car loan approved first. That way you can negotiate as if you were paying cash, because you would be able to pay the entire thing right then and there. You work out the price that you would want, and once you get there, if they happen to offer you a better rate, you have the option to try for that, or just use your loan @ credit union.
  • hm2013hm2013 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if $18,300 + TTL (OTD is around $19,700) is a good price for 2013 CIVIC LX in Texas? The taxes here are 6.25%.
  • sluggozmomsluggozmom Member Posts: 2
    $23,978 OTD With the remote starter included..
    including $762 60 month finance charge and TTL
    MA tax is 6.25%
    MA tax is 6.25%

I don't want to figure out 6.25% sluggomom. Basically how much did you pay for the car and add on the doc. fee, everything else is irrelevant. ;)
  • sa6osa6o Member Posts: 1
    So I guess I should have done a little more homework before walking into different dealers today.

I knew to negotiate but never even thought to negotiate the PRICE of the car. How crazy is that.
    Anyway I wanted to know if the deal I got was a good one and if it wasn't already obvious this is the first new car I own.

Deal:
    36 month lease, 170$ a month
    3,042 Down Payment to cover Taxes, Title but not license plates.
    The Residual value of the car at the end of the lease term was a little over 12,000

So how badly did I get taken? I only placed a deposit, any way to back out if I was completely screwed over?
    edited February 2013
    As long as you didn't drive off the lot, you should be able.to get out of it. Just ask for your deposit back

With that high down payment you should have a lower monthly.

Local dealership is about $20lessamonth with $3k down. So not bad, but not great.

Can't negotiate residual.
  • sluggozmomsluggozmom Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I got my car for $21,477 with the Honda remote engine starter ll included at Ron Bouchard's Honda in Lancaster, MA
    $299 doc fee
    $75 title
    $25 plate transfer
    $29 inspection sticker

The tax was $1311 and change and the 60 month finance will cost around $762
    When I'm done.

Basically I got it for $1 under invoice with the OEM starter and installation included
    Sounds good. Thanks
  • russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    Went shopping today for a lease. First time going to this NJ dealer. The best offer they gave me for a 2013 Civic EX-L was with $1250 down all fees and licenses included

$269 per month OTD with 39 months 10K
    $289 per month OTD with 36 months 12K

That is it!

Thought they could do better so I left.

Thoughts anyone??
  • mylt4mylt4 Member Posts: 23
    Hello Everyone - Went to the Honda dealer today to look for a used Civic for my 17 year old daughter..... Well they wanted way too much for a user 2009 or 2010 so I entertained my wife and looked at leasing a new one. This is what I got quoted...

36 months, 12 k year Honda lease in NJ

$1000 down
    LX - 195 month out the door - Taxes fees etc.
    EX - 215 month out the door..

Any thoughts - besides the price - do you get a new driver a new car????

Help in Jersey!!!!
  • deelekdeelek Member Posts: 2
    !8,967 OTD 8% tax in Pa. Very happy with price. Conflicted on Honda Care purchase Opinions?
  • bxmartin1bxmartin1 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2013 Civic EX Automatic this weekend with mud flaps, wheel locks, and cargo tray for $20100 on the road. 6% tax here in Maryland. They are dealing big time on the new civics.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Please post name of dealer. Also what was the price of the car before tax/admin fees? The state tax rates differ for everyone.

e.g.
    Price of car (+ destination) =
    Tax =
    Admin. fees =
    Dealer installed options (tint, mudguards, etc) =
    Total price =

This method will allow ALL of us to get a better view of what the new Civic's are going for. ;)
  • dmesslerdmessler Member Posts: 11
    2013 Civic LX auto with splash guards, wheel locks, door edge guards,
    and wheel well molding 17,817
    License and registration 213
    sales tax 1425
    doc fee 80

OTD price 19,535
    Thanks dmessler for following the 'posting protocol"! Not a bad deal. Enjoy your new car. :)
  • hm2013hm2013 Member Posts: 6
    @mylt4, I was in a similar situation a few years ago when I bought a new corolla for my older daughter. The lesson learned is that when you buy brand new cars for young drivers, the insurance goes through the roof (mine went from about ~$1000/yr to ~$2500/yr, with the addition of 3rd car for my daughter) and you have to be prepared for some dings and dents at the school. Of course, it is a personal choice but that's been my experience.

We recently bought a Honda Civic but my wife will use if for a while before passing on to my younger daughter.
    The lease price you got offered sounds about the same as what they are advertizing here in Texas. However, on this forum I learned that you should STILL negotiate the price of the car as though you are buying it. Lease is nothing but financing the cost of the car +depreciation over the lease period.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33
    I'm planning to buy a EX 2013 this month, anyone bought a EX in Bay Area recently? need advises. Thanks
  • toolshed2toolshed2 Member Posts: 3
    Was wondering if anyone had any experience negotiating for 2013 civic si sedan. I would like to finance it and would like to know what is acceptable to pay for this car.
    There is no "posting protocol" here in these forums...it would be very helpful to all have the same info but not a must. Every few years folks come in here and try to tell the others how to post...folks, it don't work. Us old timers have learned that people are going to post as they see fit and no need for ridiculous rules!

At my job I get to test drive all kinds of new cars and hopefully will finally get to try the new Civic but there aren't very many Honda's in fleet sales. I still love my '06 model but I just hope that the new Civic can beat the new benchmark in this segment, the Hyundai Elantra...a very stellar car in every aspect and in it's 3 different models.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• steveeizzlesteveeizzle Member Posts: 4
    Hi Sandman,

Was looking into purchasing the 2013 Civic EX sedan, when negotiating I want to be within TMV price correct? Also will I be able to negotiate taxes so I can get a fair OTD price? What is a good OTD price for South Florida? Thanks in advance!! ;)
    edited February 2013
    I was just trying to be helpful. "Old timers" like you should know that an organized way of posting will allow ALL of us to know what people ACTUALLY paid for their cars rather than "OTD" prices which have huge variables such as taxes/fees/accessories. I am not trying to do your job but this is after all a "Prices paid" forum and we should be able to tell what people really PAID for their cars.

Anyways..no mood to argue. Enjoy the day! ;)
    The use of your "bold" letters is pretty impressive...but I'm no longer in grade school dude. Whatever floats your boat. If it ain't broke...don't try to fix it!

Wish I could help you but I work at a vehicle transporter company where we move rental cars throughout the state and my Civic is an '06 model with just over 37k on the clock...I will not be in the market for a long time. Just had the headliner repaired at the house this afternoon. Love my car and take excellent care of it.

I'd think that under the tmv price would be doable as even though the new Civic looks great, the Elantra and Focus are both better cars overall. The Civic just didn't evolve far enough.

• steveeizzlesteveeizzle Member Posts: 4
    Were you replying to my post regarding negoating taxes about $1300 I may be getting 2013 Civic EX for $200 over invoice (Good deal??) Do I have power to negotiate taxes or should I request acessories to offset taxes? Thanks in advance! ;) :shades: