Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spring1111spring1111 Member Posts: 11
    I googled and found the Illinois Sales Tax Rates Reference Manual as of 07/01/2007. It lists all tax rates for all counties. A lot of counties have the vehicel sales rate for 6.25%. Where did you get 6.5% is the min? If it is the case, there much be something else to add another 0.25%.
  • xplorinxplorin Member Posts: 6
    benrott12201998yahoo.fr . I have tried to email you twice with the information at Honda Cars of Covington here in VA. Email me directly from you email account and I will send you the info. My email is Xplorin3@Hotmail.com
  • danielle29danielle29 Member Posts: 8
    This was for the EX-L with DVD (RES) only. I sent out requests to 4 more dealers and heard back from 3 that will f/u with quotes.

~Danielle
  • ssjarrettssjarrett Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much to everyone for all the suggestions and pricing info posted here--it really helped us in our deal!

Here's what we paid 2 weeks ago for an EX-L:
    $24,959 base price
    $595 destination
    $199 secure etch (automatically done on all their vehicles)
    $487 document fees

$26,240 total + $1574.40 (6 % tax) and $21 (tag, title, and lemon law)

$27,835.40 OTD (no dealer financing)

(The van also had a pin stripe and mud flaps included, though not listed out on the dealer sticker--may just be something like the secure etch that they do there.)

This dealer quoted us the lowest price from the beginning and then told me about the $2000 incentive, which dropped the price accordingly.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences--it really helped us have a much better idea of what was a good price. And, lucky for us, we were still looking when the extra $2000 incentive came out. (The only thing I would have done differently was ask for the cargo tray--did not even know it was an option at the time. :-)
    -Sarah
  • danielle29danielle29 Member Posts: 8
    Sarah~

What dealership was this? And was this an EX-L with RES or Nav?

Thanks in advance,

~Danielle
  • cargirl10cargirl10 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Charles,

I was also on the fence about getting the '07 vs '08. I got more information from the dealer about the differences in the '08 model which I have included below. Initially I was going to purchase the '07 EXL with Navi an RES, but ultimately decided that the power tailgate is a feature that is worth having. Thus, the Touring or the Chrysler T&C are the way to go. In regards to purchasing an '07 Touring, it is not attractive to me because of the PAX tires. Over the life-time of the car, not only are they very costly to replace, but they are also an inconvenience. The '08 Touring has a non PAX option which is what I would most be interested in. I am in a similar position to you and am not in a rush to buy. I think that we will likley see better deals on the '08 models in December as Honda closes out of Q1. I would think that the '08 Touring with non-PAX tires would run at least a couple thousand more than EX-L, but at least a thousand less than the '08 Touring with PAX. Feel free to e-mail me at RCHELL2@yahoo.com if you are interested in teaming up to negotiate with the same dealer later in the year.

Odyssey (all) Exterior and interior design enhancements
    MP3/Auxiliary input jack
    MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability
    Active head restraints
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Odyssey EX 2nd-Row PlusOne Seat? with storage bin
    Tri-zone automatic climate control

Odyssey EX-L Next generation of Honda's VCM® engine technology
    Rearview mirror with monitor (and backup camera)
    XM® Satellite Radio
    Power adjustable passenger seat
    2nd-Row PlusOne Seat? with storage bin

Odyssey EX-L RES Next generation of Honda's VCM® engine technology
    115-volt power outlet
    XM® Satellite Radio

Odyssey EX-L Navi/RES Next generation of Honda's VCM® engine technology
    115-volt power outlet

Odyssey Touring Navi/RES (08M TOURING now available in only Navi/Res trim with a PAX tire option)
    Next generation of Honda's VCM® engine technology
    Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
    Memory Linked Door Mirrors with Reverse Tilt
  • marketmmarketm Member Posts: 8
    All. this is no BS. The prices for the Odyssey have plummeted w/ the new incentives. you can get the prices below if you stick to your guns.

EXL 26200 icluding destination + Tax Title Plates
    EXL RES 27600 icluding destination + Tax Title Plates
    EXL RES NAV 29500 icluding destination + Tax Title Plates

Thanks for the insight CJ31

They still tried to rip me off, but I stuck to my guns and got my price!!!!!!

Also, if there are any dealer installed items already on the car (ie, wheel locks, pin stripe, mud flaps, …) offer the dealer 50% of the list price and they will probably give in….
  • ssjarrettssjarrett Member Posts: 2
    hi Danielle,
    It was a plain EX-L. We weren't interested in the RES or Nav, so I don't know about those prices. The dealership was Curry Honda. Email me at ssjarrett@charter.net if you want salesperson details.
    -Sarah
  • kcdriscoll12kcdriscoll12 Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure what the tax question is, but there is big dif in Illinois tax rate. But, if you are an Illinois resident, you pay tax based on where you live, not where the dealership is.
  • kcdriscoll12kcdriscoll12 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday, I got a quote of $27,475 for an EX-L w/ RES (DVD) which included destination. For EX-L w/ RES & NAV, the quote was $30,475, also including destination. Dealer is in west suburban Chicago.

The RES quote seems pretty decent. The RES & Nav quote seems about $800 to $1000 too high, but I'm not sure it is worth $2k to $3k more for the nav.
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    it shouldn't be any higher than the invoice difference. Which i believe is 1988.

Also, that is alot for nav. You can get a garmin for $500 or so.
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    My guess is you can get it around $29,400 OTD.
  • ewl930ewl930 Member Posts: 21
    Informed consensus is that holdback on Odysseys was reduced from 3% to 2% in January.
  • fivecentsfivecents Member Posts: 7
    I am looking for the best prices founf in So. Calif. travel is not an issue for the right price.. Current #;s would be helpful. also trying to understand why MSRP appears to be very close throughout the country with a few exceptions but paid prices vary so much?? Thanks in advance..

ps looking for two vans together one for another friend..
  • rj2007rj2007 Member Posts: 3
    We got the "07 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES+Navi" in Maroone Honda of Hollywood.

Original price OTD price was 31,450.00. But we had some issues on the day we were suppose to pick up the van. They gave me a discount $200.00 for what we went through.

So probably U will get it for 31,450.00. This is Out The Door price. Every thing is included.

I wish U good luck.
    rj2007 .
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    It is a supply-demand issue. Best (over)supply of EXL w/DVD and hence that will get you the best deal
  • mcmanmcman Member Posts: 8
    Hey congrat on your new Ody!! that was one heck of a price we bought one last week (please see posting #16016) You will love the van it rides awsome. Did you buy the extended warranty? I am still shopping around as Florida has a strict policy on the purchase of it. Once again GREAT PRICE!!!

Thanks!!
  • jonfrasierjonfrasier Member Posts: 20
    EWL,

Go ahead and use 2% and pay more if you want to, it's your money. I've got two really good offers on the table and both dealers negotiated deeply into my presented 3% holdback. They are making even less money if holdback is actually 2%.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html

Best of luck.

Jon
    Edmunds is incorrect on this point. Doesn't really make a huge difference since holdback is only one of many undisclosed incentives that the dealer may have access to but that you won't necessarily know about. By all means, if they'll go low, ride the wave!
  • jtinnjjtinnj Member Posts: 15
    If anyone would like to know specifics, please post. This forum is awesome. :)
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    bought 07 EXL with RES in NJ. OTD is 29900. Is this price ok, bad?
  • ekskjkekskjk Member Posts: 2
    I bought an EXL with RES for $27,100, plus about $88.00 in misc fees, plus tax and license two weeks ago from Diamond Bar Honda. I dealt with the internet sales person and didn't have to do much haggling to get the price. The 27,100.00 included the 595.00 destination charge.
    Got exactly the same car, 27800 plus TTL in NJ
    That is great! I got 32,5 for RES+Nav. I would say you did better than me relatively speaking. Anything thrown in? I got cross bars, all season mat/tray, locks & mudguards. Which dealership in NJ; North or South region?
  • zone5zone5 Member Posts: 1
    TIA
    Rear Entertainment System, aka DVD
    Only tray. Clinton Honda, Central Jersey
  • msatvedimsatvedi Member Posts: 7
    Just got home with an 07 EX-L w/RES. Purchased from Honda on Grand in Elmhurst. Below are the numbers.
    OTD with $2000 cash rebate was $29100 (If you take this, make sure to get your own financing before you go in, else they offer 7.99%, and will try to get you to take extended warranty with 6.29%.)
    OTD with 2.9% financing was $31100
    If you want the breakdown I can post, don't have numbers with me now.
    Be patient with the salespersons and stick your ground, don't budge on your numbers. Also make sure to include mudguards, and whatever else you can get. Lots of stock, Grand has about 70 odysseys, and so do other dealers. If color doesn't matter, wait till after 08 come out.

Thanks to all who have posted on this forum, was a very great help.

THanks,
    Msatvedi
    msatvedi@yahoo.com
    Wow, great price, 800 less mine. mine is 27730 plus TTL -> 29900 OTD.
  • sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
    Backed out of plan to buy 07 Touring in favor of waiting on '08 Touring. The option to pass on PAX system, the addition of the Plus One seat to Touring (funny, you could only get that on the EX-L or lower trims), and the addition of memory mirrors and AUX input on stereo head all make it seem worth it. Plus, it gives me a few weeks to sell my '02 X5 instead of taking $18k on the trade-in (I'm in San Diego if anyone's interested :)
    I look forward to all the pricing insight as the '08s show up. This forum has been amazingly helpful.
    Best,
    Paul
    Rt. 31. Man, I didn't even think to check with them. Well, Congrats! I grew up in Hackettstown.
  • lawvillawvil Member Posts: 8
    HI Msatvedi, how do you get 2.9% financing which bank did you finance with cuz I tried bankrate.com the cheapest is still 5.99% or 6.99%. So you are doing very good on your finance as well.
  • ldcavecreekldcavecreek Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased Silver Metallic 07 EXL with DVD & NAV for $32.6K out the door. Puts the price of the car ~$29.3, and included the dealer add-ons (tint, paint protection).
  • dexazdexaz Member Posts: 6
    We bought a 2007 EX-L in Phoenix from Right Honda yesterday.

$26,300 EX-L (desert rock/ivory interior _&_ dealer installed XM radio)
    2,091 7.95 tax
    368 doc fees
    540 plates & registration
    5 tire disposal fee
    -------
    $29,304 OTD

Worked the deal via internet with their fleet mgr. Price OTD was well below other AZ dealers. Many did not even respond to my request for quote or sent a simple, "come in for a test drive or give me a call and we'll talk". A couple seemed down right offended when I asked if their price included the $2,000 incentive Honda is offering pretending they were unaware of it. Get real!

No games, no BS, no tag-team through salesmen/managers/sales mgr/general mgr/director/grand poopa etc to get a price OKed & no pressure to buy dealer add-ons. Open, easy going all the way. Only delt with the fleet mgr and the finance guy. By far, the most enjoyable auto purchase we've ever made.

My thanks to all who have posted here as your experence and advise really helped me with this purchase.

DexAZ
  • msatvedimsatvedi Member Posts: 7
    THe OTD price using the 2.9% financing was $31100
    I took the cash rebate and price was $29100. HOnda offered 7.99% financing for taking the cash rebate.
    They offered me 6.29% if I bought the extended warranty, which was $1995 for 7years or 70K miles.

thanks,
    morrison
    Nice work. Great to hear of your experience. I got tag-teamed once before ultimately walking out. Just sealed internet deal with a different dealer, and nearly had to leave due to "in stock only. Color choice is beige". We put deposit on a delivery. Doesn't it feel great? I love this site.
  • cowdesignercowdesigner Member Posts: 6
    Just bought our EX-L with RES and NAV from Hardin Honda in Anaheim, CA. They are extremely professional and very helpful. Did the whole deal via email. Final price I got was $29,500 + TTL. And this included Mud Guards, Cargo Tray, and Wheel Locks. This was a match for another offer from a different dealer. Total came out to $32,111 OTD.

This forum has been such a life saver. Thank you everybody for posting your info. Hope my info above helps others! :D
  • chicagohondachicagohonda Member Posts: 4
    I worked out a deal over the phone with the dealer for an EX-L (no nav or res) in Chicagoland for 26,700 plus TTL, self financed at 6% and including a $700 sport package that my wife wanted (fog lights, auto-dimming mirror, roof rack rails, and cargo liner).

Once my wife showed up at the dealer to buy the car this past weekend, the finance guy sold her on a 7 / 100,000 bumper to bumper extended warranty for $1200. I am looking for input on two questions:

1) Does it seem like I received a fair deal on the price of the vehicle? I know it does not matter now .. just peace of mind I guess.

2) Does anyone have input on how wise it is to take an extended warranty on this vehicle - I am able to cancel it if I decide to do so. Note - I do not have RES or NAV to protect against.

Thanks in advance for any comments!
  • fence1fence1 Member Posts: 12
    Just got mine for $30,800 + tax + doc with the following:

- fog light
    - fenderwell trim
    - mud guard
    - door guard
    - wheel lock
    - Cargo tray

Overpaid $800 for nimbus grey color (ouch! :cry: )
  • dykhmcdykhmc Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to your posting, i arrived at Ourisman with knowledge of their bait and switch tactic. i can confirm that their low out-the door-price quote is not truly OTD price because they add the appearance package (not worth that much). beware of dealer installed options and hidden fees being added to your price quote.
  • jonfrasierjonfrasier Member Posts: 20
    The lowest price I've received negotiating online has been $32,900 + TTL. I've yet to commit because I'm wondering if prices will continue to go down as we hit Sept with '08's due out in October (I've also heard late Sept). Inventory seems rather high at four dealerships I've been looking at - holding 53, 48, 36 and 34 vans - 15 being the model that I want.

The current incentive is over Sept. 4 and dealers have to get rid of these vehicles. Will they offer an even deeper incentive?

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Check out this post: MD deals

Maybe worth a trip?
  • honda321honda321 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please give me the dealership name in chicagoland???
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Please provide your email address. I'll give you the info.
  • esteezeesteeze Member Posts: 102
    Hey, thanks for writing up those 08 model year features.

We're looking to get a new Odyssey later this year, and having the info will help us.
  • sd_dadsd_dad Member Posts: 34
    Anyone seen or heard anything on '08 pricing? I know it won't be as good as the '07s, but any experience on new models from Honda would be appreciated. Also, any estimate on how much the non-PAX touring will save over the PAX version? It's nice to have the option (plus the addition of the Plus One seat for the Touring).
  • quill67quill67 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. Just let you know that our closing went very smoothly--no hassle for our EX (no extras) for 24,385 (only had to pay sales tax and PA tag fee of $122) from
    Ray Price Honda in Stroudsburg PA. Negotiated completely over internet or phone. Only wish it wasn't raining the day we picked it up, could have done some sight-seeing!
    Stroudsburg is a beautiful area. Glad to hear of your Ray Price experience. I worked with Samantha to get as low as she could...which ended up being 33K OTD on an EXL with RES/NAV. I got lower locally, but would have traveled if she came down to 32,5. Great job, you got a deal.
  • jayk77jayk77 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at getting an LX. Anyone with recent experience in buying one or getting quotes? I am in upstate new york and have never negotiated for a car before. So any advice and help would be much appreciated. The only quote I got for it so far is 22,000 from Holtz Honda plus fees and tax, title and registration making it a little more than 24043 OTD. Thanks.
  • jdt1721jdt1721 Member Posts: 3
    They do have some specials on the outgoing 2007 models now..

Look through the Prices Paid section.. Lot of folks are getting the EXL with DVD for 30K or below..

Good time to buy now should you choose to..