Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fivecentsfivecents Member Posts: 7
    Since the current incentive ends Sept. 4and there appears to still be many odysseys on the lot and more to arrive shortly her in california is there any feel on this forum what Hondas next step will be increase $ or extend current incentive.. thanks Scott
  • mary36mary36 Member Posts: 52
    I'm getting confused with some of the EX L prices listed here since some folks aren't mentioning if they got NAV or RES with it.

I'm trying to work on a 07 EX-L deal right now with Nav/RES... is it possible to get one for $29 (or less)OTD? (TN sales tax inc)
  • fivecentsfivecents Member Posts: 7
    I think if you read back in the forum you will find you can better the 29 you mentioned with add'l reaserch you will find as I did that there is a smal difference in MSRP throught the states..
  • robotdnarobotdna Member Posts: 3
    $29K otd for EX-L+RES+NAV - don't think that is possible unless your state has no taxes ...
  • robotdnarobotdna Member Posts: 3
    Please post/let me know what what to expect and how low price can get. Don't need financing and can buy anytime now or can wait if that might help get better price.
    We DO have sales tax - about 6% on cars.
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    I believe it's going to be tough to get even the $29K for just the sale price. OTD would be almost impossible unless Honda comes out with a much better incensitive that the current one.
  • hieraxhierax Member Posts: 9
    right now in MA/RI EX-L w/RES&NAV is running anywhere from 29687-30187 in direct quotes I've received.

That's with the 2k incentive - but does NOT include TTL.
  • fence1fence1 Member Posts: 12
    I just passed up a deal on EX-L NAV + RES for 29K (only including destination charge) simply because I didnt like the color. Ended up paying $29800 for a nimbus grey.
    29K for EXL RES/NAV is a great price. I think some people got $29.5 or $29.6. But that's not OTD. OTD will include TTL. I just got nimbus grey over the past weekend. But it's EXL with RES only for $29.9K OTD. I am in NJ so the sales tax is 7%.
  • anaky1220anaky1220 Member Posts: 14
    I need help. I am in N. Fl but can travel to S. Fl if necessary for the car. I am interested in an Odyssey EX-L (not sure if I want RES or not)within the next few days. I have been emailing dealerships but they won't negotiate with me at all. They just say to send in a quote from someone else and they will try and beat it. Other than that, they won't budge. The best OTD price I've gotten is $28,147.21 without RES with the sale price being 26,353 (no options). What am I doing wrong or is this just the best I can expect.

Thank you.
  • dexazdexaz Member Posts: 6
    The EX-L we purchased Saturday for $29.300 OTD was with XM radio installed by dealer. No Nav or RES. Also, no pin striping, paint protector package, wheel locks, cross bars etc. Dealer did leave their tint on the front side windows at no charge.

I suspect others who post EX-L w/o mentioning NAV or RES did not buy those up-graded models.
    $26,353 is an ok price. Maybe you can go down another 2 or 3 hundres. But it's an good price, I think.
  • mgrant929mgrant929 Member Posts: 3
    At your conveneice, if possible, please send me the name of the dealer and the agent to mgrant929@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    Invoice less 2k less holdback (using 2% some say it is 3%) is around $26,200 so that should be a good price and the bottom price with most dealers but

check out post 16112, 16132 and 16167 they are under $26,000. This would make you think the holdback is 3% or the incentative is larger.

My current best price from chicago (i'm in ohio) is around your price of 26,353.

I offered one dealer $25,200 including destination and they laughed. But that was in Dayton, Ohio and the dealers get more in this area. The last two I bought (2005 Odyssee and Pilot) I had to go to Cleveland.

Anyway, I got a great deal on my Odyssee in December of 2005 (it was a hot van then)and it was the best deal on the board for months. The deals today are cheaper.
  • littlehappylittlehappy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the great information from this forum! Finally I got my EX-L for $27300.00 OTD.
    And Alex, good work!

I live in the triangle area, NC. I requested quote from Maryland, Virginia, and some local dealer. And the one of the lowest price is from Bryan Honda at Fayetteville. We call the saleman to setup the appointment at afternoon, and he promise to have the car ready without asking deposit or anything. Good for him! The whole transaction was smooth. The only bad thing about Bryan Honda is....they don't have a website, which made me hesitate a little bit. But the salesman there was decent and prompt. Makes it easy to negotiate.

To share some quote information for EX-L:
    1.) College Park Honda at MD
    25,859 + 595 destination + 15 tag + 100 process fee + 3% NC HUT tax = 27344.77
    Salesman is decent but wouldn't further lower the price. He mentioned 2000 factory incentive and $300 holdback, added wheel locks, mud guards, and door edge guards

2.) Hendrick Honda at VA
    25,600 + 595 destination + 55 tag + 399 process + 829.74 NC Tax = 27478.74
    Add mud guard and the decoretive stripe at the side.
    From his break down I figure the tax from quote isn't 3%. The salesman got caught and refuse to talk anymore. Gee.... is it really that difficult to be honest?

3.) Concord Honda at NC (close to Charlotte)
    Bring in email quote from any dealer and they'll beat it by $100 = 27244.77
    BUT, the saleman there wouldn't promise to have the car ready until I show up at their door. I talked to two guys there and overall they are not very easy to work with. Maybe living at Chalotte would be ideal to buy a car from there.

4.) Bryan Honda at Fayetteville, NC
    $27300 OTD with mud guard.
    Another buyer, Alex, here from Edmunds.com did all the negotiation with the salesman So I don't know the detail.

Apparently the attitude of the salesman at Bryan Honda is really really good, so Alex insist we give the salesman one more chance to lower the price even the one at Concord is definitely better deal (and Fayettevile is 1 hour closer, too)

5.) Crown Honda at Greensboro, NC
    The salesman said she doesn't know anything about the $2000 incentive and never lower the offer

6.) Auto Park Honda, Cary, NC
    They say something like.."go for it" when I said I got better offer from other dealer. Well, that make sense. With all the rich family living in RTP, and those family don't come to Edmunds.com, I woun't sell the car for below invoice if I was the salesman. Besides, Auto Park Honda/Leith Honda (Same company) basically has no competition within 50 miles.

Last but not least, to all the Odyssey buyers - Be consistant on your target price, you'll get it.
  • momofthree3momofthree3 Member Posts: 2
    For those interested...Just purchased Monday 8/27 from dealer in Ardmore, PA:

$30,300 - incl destination
    $ 1,818 - 6% tax
    $ 118 - Tags, Transfer, etc
    included free accessories - all weather mats(retail would be $205), cargo net($65), cargo tray for back well($115), wheel locks($79).

$32,236 Out the door

We battled it out and almost left over the stupid accessories! They claim they don't have a huge margin on the accessories to work with...blah blah blah. If you can take the "risk", start walking out the door and they will probably chase you down too.

Qualified for the 2.9% financing, but cost with financing deal was $32,300 (crazy!), so we paid $5k on credit card (got them up from $4k credit card allowance...so more travel miles for us-yeah!) and used a Cap One Auto loan check for the remainder.

Wanted the Touring model with the back power tailgate and parking sensors, but NOT the PAX tires ($300+ to replace each)and lower seat option (7 vs EXL's 8!). They wanted $35,300 approximately for the Touring and we could not justify the extra cost for not so many "extras". At that price point we'd go for AWD Sienna, that to us is a worthwhile "extra" in the north!

OTD price was still lower that national average on cars.com and we had another local dealer on the phone who would not match, so we finally gave in. We have been doing this for 3 weeks, so exhaustion was also a factor. I also think it was a "fair" price in our area that still has high demand. Your local supply/demand is a factor that must be considered too.

Dealer was fine, no tricks, no crazy fees on final bill, no warranty hard sell. Offered HondaCare warranty $0 deduct 7yr/80k miles $1,245 and 8yr/100k $1,630. We said no thanks. Do these quotes sound high to others?

Now we are on the search for a decent warranty (anyone have advice on reputable companies?) and trying to sell my favorite car ever...my 1st Accord! If that Accord could fit 3 car seats I would never have upgraded to the van! :)
    Good luck to all buyers.
    Mom of 3 (I also have 3!)... anyway, sounds like a good deal. What options did you get? DVD? NAV?

We got a quote for around $29,500 for an EX-L with DVD+NAV.

That's before TTL.

What is a Cap One Auto Loan??

We're loved to be able to have this same Ody for about $30k OTD... but I don't think it's going to happen.
  • momofthree3momofthree3 Member Posts: 2
    yes, our EXL has NAV with that backup camera and DVD. Your price is great! What state are you in? I guess if you add in the accessories I 'demanded' we are closer in price? I tried parking today and wished I had those parking sensors!!!

Just go to Capitalone.com and click auto loans. Fill out their application, they send you a blank check to use at any dealer. You lock in a rate for 45 days and you have the power of dealing with "cash". We also got a check from Road Loans, but rate was higher. We did not tell the salesman how we were going to finance until close to the end of the deal, just to feel him out.

You kids will LOVE the "magic" doors! My toddlers really think they are opening the doors with a wave of their hand - hahaha.
  • gavanmomgavanmom Member Posts: 32
    We used the bernardi honda website for our ext. warranty and have loved it. They also give a $30 coupon towards any of their accesories for the van and they have great prices. www.bernardiwarranty.com
  • pveravanichpveravanich Member Posts: 4
    Two local dealers have given me slightly differently descriptions of what is in their pro pack for the Odyssey. Anyone know what should be included, or does this in fact vary by dealer?

Dealer 1: mud guards, floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks
    Dealer 2: mud guards, floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, cargo net
  • greddygreddy Member Posts: 5
    I am getting offer for 25970 driveout. From Texas.

Is this a good price? This is a first asking price from email. How much lower should i negotiate?
    I see posting for EX-L and EX-L w/RES.

But don't see any quotes from people getting just the EX.
  • spring1111spring1111 Member Posts: 11
    We recently purchased an EX. Just found no grab handles for the second row. Only four big holes are there. It is very strange to us. Called the dealer. Told us they would look for them, if they could not find them, they will order them. Is it a defected product then? Should we call the manufacture?
    Im getting offer for 26K OTD
  • donkeypunch1donkeypunch1 Member Posts: 119
    Mgrant, tried to send you email and it doesnt go through. email me at awschmidt@comcast.net and I'd be happy to give you some suggestions. you should be able to get better prices in chicago area.
  • intradeintrade Member Posts: 11
    Finally we got our EX, no leather, no DVD, no NAV.

The selling price was $23800+TTL,

Selling price $23800, with wheel locks
    Doc or dealer fee: $599 (rip off)
    Florida Tax : 6% : $1524.00
    New Tag : $190
    Total: : $26114

Also got the extended warranty 7years/80k for $1380, could not bargain because of Florida law regarding warranty.

Thanks and good luck
    Could someone please confirm that there are headset(s) that come with the car. I went through the manual and looked every where but could not find them. Thanks
    2 headsets come with the van... you have to pay extra for more.
  • jrb5jrb5 Member Posts: 1
    S. Florida - Braman Honda

$23400
    + 589 ([non-permissible content removed] dealer services charge)
    + 595 (destination)
    + 29 (bullsh*t batt disposal, tires, tag.. charges)
    $24613
    + 1526 (sales tax)
    $26139

The carsdirect.com price was $24584 (incl dest).. was going to the dealer to check on colors and the sales rep was pretty low pressure.. when his internet guy gave me a $23,989 + $595 price of $24584 I figured I'd go with it. Had I haggled for a few hours, I probably could have cranked out a few more beans I suppose, but then I try to keep my blood pressure low these days...

As the buyers order was written up, they had the pre-printed $589 dealer services fee on the form.. told the sales rep he was a nice guy but not that nice, so he lowered the price to $23,400 to compensate for the $589 and keep me at $23,989... Car included the pin striping and wheel well and door protector deal which was a nice little bonus... not sure if this is normal or dealer added, but it was listed separately on one of the window stickers...

Good luck buying...
    Could you tell me where they are hidden in the car ? I opened all of compartments that I know of and still could not find them ?
  • txdudetxdude Member Posts: 6
    Look in the back seat pockets (of the front row seats). That's where mine were.
    Yes just found it. They were hidden deep in the in-floor compartment. Thanks
  • vamomtobevamomtobe Member Posts: 11
    I'm in northern VA. The best price we've received on an LX is $20,959. If you include freight, dealer processing, tax, tags is works out to $22,595.04 OTD. Tax is 3.17% in VA.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Someone just forgot to install them - damn poor quality control at the Lincoln plant. The dealer will put them in -end of story.
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    I got ripped off at Capitol Honda on upgraded alarm so thought a full disclosure would help many on this forum:

Many dealers (to protect their vehicles on their lot) have Karr alarms pre-installed on them. Good thing for the dealers is that these can be easily programmed and transferred to customers. The customer gets what they call as an EX-1 upgrade which basically includes a shock sensor and a couple of warranties if vehicle is stolen. In the dealer mode it includes a starter-disable feature but not in the cutomer mode. Dealers tag this upgrade at $799 + tax ... but definitely it is not worth this amount. The Honda Ody (2007) comes with a basic alarm system which includes alarm when the door is tampered with, and, most importantly the engine immobilizer which does not allow starting the vehicle without the right key. On gooogling the internet it looks like the dealers have given this away at as low as $180 + tax (some paid $200+ tax/some $250+tax) on some Honda vehicles. Obviously I paid higher than that...

I got ripped off as the existing Ody alarm situation was misrepresented to me by the dealer's finance guys. I am still trying to contact them but they dont pick up the phone.

All Capitol Honda, San Jose, vehicles are armed with this...so the best thing to do is to decline the alarm upgrade [actually the finance guys never use the word "UPGRADE" but keep referring to it as "ALARM". So it seems like if they deactivate the whole alarm would be gone]They would deactivate the shock sensor but the shock sensor and the wiring is left behind in the vehicle. Had I known this ahead of time I would have bought my vehicle elsewhere esp since I had a compteting quote. Once programmed in customer mode I dont know what it takes to get these off.
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    Good that u found it. Many dealers, like mine, keep it inside the dealership to prevent them from being stolen and sold elsewhere ...I got it after signing the papers
  • kcdriscoll12kcdriscoll12 Member Posts: 3
    Just had a very good experience at Honda on Grand. Vince & Brian were very helpful.

$29,500 + TTL for EX-L w/ DVD & Nav. Dealership was VERY busy, so I think the bargain hunters are out.
  • bohrarbohrar Member Posts: 6
    28000 OTD. Almost no negotiation. Requested Quote via email / FAX after contacting all the dealerships. My wife is 8 months pregnant and we did not want to go to dealerships and waste a lot of time.

Dealership ratings and feedback:

Hall of Fame: Autosport Honda, Bridgewater

Hall of Shame: Garden State Honda, Clifton

0 Star
    Garden State Honda,Clifton,NJ
    Lacking values. Lie. Bait & Switch.
    Did not offer a price but said would beat a written offer. Only went there because my wife wanted to go to someone close if possible as she is 8 months pregnant. She told them about her condition and got full assurance that the dealership had the van and would beat the written offer. Once we were there they did an about-face. According to them written offer means buyer's aggreement and not a fax from the dealership that gave the breakdown and a OTD price with a guarantee of the delivery.
    They offered a price $1000 above our price.(we didn't get to other fees & breakdown). Even when my wife told the manager (not sales person) about the guarantee, confirmation on the phone and the promise the manager refused to honor it.
    I told him that their treatment to us will be on the internet today. This then resulted in us getting a visit from the internet department sales person (who had promised us the price & delivery) in the parking lot. He wanted us back in to listen to their offer. He apologised but the damage was done. We had decided not to buy from the dealership and drove out after wasting an hour at the dealership.(Of course they made us wait even though there were no customers around. Wondering what happens when they are busy!)
    If this dealership (under new management/owner) treats pregnant women this way, we can't imagine how they will treat others.
    We would advise you to stay clear of them.

Note: We did get two apology calls from the salesrep.It was nice of him. The treatment we received at the dealership from the management and their tactics means they get their chance of fame (for wrong reasons) in our book.

2 star:
    Willis Honda 28837.21
    Positive: Gave us a competitive quote. Included the dealer cash.
    Negative: Bad communication. Probable Bait & Switch.
    Said would beat the lowest price and had the color we wanted. Before travelling great distance to buy the Van we called to confirm the availability and the price. Wasted three hours (9am - 12PM) before telling us they don't have the color. The reason we were given -- 9-11 - busy with customers. 11 - 11:40 Checking Inventory. We loved the excuse for the lie: "unfortunately we do not have the nimbus gray in stock, that was an incoming
    unit that is not due here untill the end of september"- yeah! if Honda is still making them. We were tempted to put them down to 1 Star but the fact that they gave a competitive quote saved them.
    Metro Honda -- Bad communication. Probable Bait & Switch.
    Said they had the color but reverted once we said we will walk out if they don't. Said would beat the lowest price but wanted us to visit. Did not give us a price quote. Wasted time.

3-Star
    Dealerships that said will send the quotes but never did:
    VIP Honda
    Mahwah Honda
    Planet Honda
    Sussex Honda -- Said is sending the quote when we asked if they received the fax.
    Open Road Honda -- Gave a wrong email address. Emails on their website for different sales managers bounced. Did not respond when we pointed it out on the general sales email.

4-Star
    Following dealerships provided us the quotes. They were also honest in telling us that they cannot beat the price and that we should take it. We did not negotiate but did offer them an opportunity to bid lower. We would recommend them all as they respond and are not out there to take you for a ride. They though were not willing to pass on the dealer cash in the first quote we gave them even though we mentioned we know about it. Thus we have reduced a star for an uncompetitive price quote.
    DCH Kay Honda 29022.5
    Staten Island Honda 29156.47
    Princeton Honda 29485.21
    DCH Paramus Honda 29600
    Potamkin Honda 29672
    Route 22 Honda 29694.78

5 - Star
    Autosport Honda
    Final OTD price -- 28000
    Price - 25676.82 Tax(7%)- 1797.38 Fees - 167.3
    DMV - 351 Tire Tax 7.5
    Bought from them. Great experience overall. Salesperson was very nice. No pressure tactics and no LIES!! An extra star for quoting the lowest price (including dealer cash ) as the first quote and sticking to it .They still have couple of Vans. Give them a try.

There were other dealerships that did not return the messages. I have not included their names here as they did not mislead and showed that they were not interested by not responding.

Hope I was fair and objective in my ratings and that they are helpful in your purchase decision.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Too bad we don't get that TSX wagon in the commercial.. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jt1721jt1721 Member Posts: 1
    Need some help here.. We booked an EX-L with NAV/DVD a week or so back. Agreed to 29,800 and paid a $2000 deposit to hold it. The dealer did not have the color we wanted so they said they will trade one with nearby dealer. Multiple calls in the last week and they say the car is not here yet.
    Today i get a call that they have the new VIN for me but the car is not here yet.. But they want me to come in and do the "buy" paperwork as today is the last day for the deal or I cannot get the deal.. So basically buy the car now, but pick it up later..

Not sure if I want to do this.. Also they don't have a full guarantee on when they will physically get the car. Can they do this?? Back off on the deal if I don't "buy" today.

I don't want to and then not have the car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If they've located the car, and have the VIN, I wonder why they can't guarantee a delivery date?

It wouldn't bother me to sign the papers, as long as you insert a clause stating something like, "Subject to buyer's inspection".

That's assuming the car isn't going to show up any later than say, Tuesday. If they are trading with another dealer, what's the hold up?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Could you change colors and get one on the lot. Color is not that big of a deal.
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda

Foot notes:

1. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.

2. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again.

3. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions.

4. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

5. In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.

6. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewing's" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).

7. When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs.

8. Everything; you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars.

The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.

9. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten.

10. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.!

11. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they
    I don't see a problem. We're in a similar situation as yours. We signed the contract last Saturday and they did not have the color we wanted (nimbus gray), and were told they're going to locate the car this past Monday (they don't work Sundays in NJ), get it delivered on Tuesday and I'd pick it up on Wednesday. Everything happened as said. Got the VIN when they got the van on Tuesday so I informed my insurance company about this. Picked up the van on Wednesday as planned. The only reason I can think off that they want u to sign the paper work today is that it's going to be counted as August sales since today is the last day of the month. But I did state in the contract something like "the car can not have more 100 miles on the odometer". It has 59 when we picked it up. I'd get them to get a more definite deliver date on writing. If it's too long, I'd try to see if they could lower the price a bit in compensate your lost use of the van provided you don't need the van right now.
  • hieraxhierax Member Posts: 9
    You won't have a problem given they have a VIN. Same thing basically happened to me 2 Accords ago - they wanted the papers all signed and sealed on the day of the deal - despite me not taking delivery for 3/4 days. That was fine with me - but I would not pay in full until I took delivery - a deposit was all I left that day.

As to the thread at hand- payed 27686 today for an 07 EX-L with RES , Ocean Mist , for my wife today. TTL's extra.

Very happy with how it went down, except that my 01 Odyssey got low balled a bit for a trade. Extremely happy that I talked my wife out of the navigation unit for 2k+ - I've appeased her by providing a Nuvi 680 which run circles around the Honda NAV features for $650 (imo)
  • rajsdeepsrajsdeeps Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for EX-L. If possible could you please help to get the lowest price you got in anywhere in US. That will help me to bargain with dealers.

Thanks.
    Your deal is about $40 better than mine. Congrats.
  • basketbbasketb Member Posts: 19
    You shouldn't pay more than $26000 incl. destination +ttl. I got several offers around that mark in the SF Bay Area.