Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    I have a 2000 LX, white arriving any day. I also have a 2001 LX SS (unsold) for next month. MSRP, we do no add ons, unless you want it.
  • jwhitaker1jwhitaker1 Member Posts: 3
    Price update. Just ordered 01 EX with leather from Boomershine Honda in Cartersville, GA. It is about 35 minutes north of Marietta. They are some of the goof guys. Here’s the deal:

MSRP 26,400
    Delivery 440
    Leather 1,700
    Documents 195

No gouging. No accessories you MUST buy. Just honest folks who don't want to make a killing. I dealt with Ennis. Will be getting SS from their November build and they guarantee I will like the leather or they will have it redone at another place. Can't ask for much more.

I tried Autobytel. They had a salesman from Curry Honda in Chamblee Georgia call me. When he gave me a price $1,350.00 above MSRP and I declined the offer telling him I was looking for MSRP he hung up on me.

I also tried AutoVantage. They had Jeff Deason from Sutherland Honda in Lithia Springs call me. I again stated that I was looking for MSRP and had in fact found a dealer willing to sell for that amount. He told me to take it since there weren't any dealers he knew of in the area doing so. He was at least polite. Might have to call Clark Howard regarding Autobytel.
  • jwhitaker1jwhitaker1 Member Posts: 3
    Even with spell check things slip past. I meant to say they were "good" guys not "goof" guys. Sorry
  • perinaraperinara Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,

I am trying to buy a '01 Ody EX. I talked to Barrington Motorwerks, an Illionis dealer. He wants MSRP, no forced upgrades. Wait of 3 to 6 months based on my choice of colors. Is this the best any one can in the midwest? I am trying few other dealerships. Has any one any experience?

What interior color seems to be the favourite, especially with Granite green,dark Emerald, or SS.

Thank you.
  • oagrdroagrdr Member Posts: 2
    Today we picked up our new '011 SS EX from Steve Bailey Honda in Oklahoma City.

$27,238 including cassette, cargo mat and a $49 documnet fee. No add-ons, paint sealer, protection packages, etc. No pressure, no hassle.

Ordered late August, could have gotten a '00 in two weeks, but opted to wait for the '01. They had an unsold '01 GG EX come in on the same truck that I could have gotten instead, but after seeing them side-by-side, we preferred the SS with the "Quartz" interior vs. the "Fern" interior on the GG.

Someone said earlier they thought the SS looked "white". There was a TW EX parked next to mine this morning, and I can assure you the white looks white, and the SS is definately silver. It is a very nice platinum shade of silver, and is really beautiful.

Bailey did a great job - and a favor. The van came in a week ago, on the 28th, but a new law was passed in Oklahoma effective October 1st that changed the price of a new car tag from 1.25% of MSRP to a flat $85. Bailey agreed to hold the car for delivery until after the 1st, saving me about $250 on the tag.
  • cavillercaviller Member Posts: 331
    I called/emailed about a dozen dealers in the Chicago area, including those represented through Sam's Club and my credit union's buying service. Every one quoted MSRP. Wait time varied from 30-45 days on the low end to 4-6 months on the high end. Most said no packages, upgrades or accessories were required, though many happily offered them. A few hedged on it and gave vague answers. Some were rude and/or completely uninterested. I've heard some people might have negotiated under MSRP at Jacobs Twin Chicago, but I never got the details. Also, you pay almost 1% more there in taxes than, say, Rockford or Ottawa.

I'd also be curious to hear about other's experiences for both sales and service in the Chicago area.

As for interior colors, I don't think you have a choice. Each exterior color has a specific interior color which comes with it.
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Actually, your typo might have been a Freudian slip. I believe that "goof guys" is about the best that one can hope for in car sales people. Therefore your comment, as typed, was just about the highest possible compliment any car dealers could expect to receive.

;-)
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    MSRP for an Ody is not a bad deal. We have a nice allocation each month, 20 or so. They are sold in a matter of minutes.

I am sure that there are some dealers in areas that don't turn them over as fast as we do, especially if they 'add on'.

I ran into a customer that is "on the list" from another local dealer. They receive 8 per month, and will put you on the list for 500 under MSRP...but will not guarantee you a car. Does that make any sense? We guarantee each person a car at allocation day. Good luck to you.
  • mommyof4mommyof4 Member Posts: 46
    I'd say you get the ABSOLUTELY the minimum accessories for your Ody instead ordering a whole bunch of stuff. I learned my lesson: My dealer charged me $319 for cargo cover while their OWN parts department is charging $130.85. Do go to www.honda-accessories.com order all your accessories...don't get ripped off like what happened to me.
  • lvc2lvc2 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a '01 SS LX at DPatrick Motorplex in Evansville IN. The flight from O'Hare to Evansville only took 25 minutes (air time). My salesman (Stephen Schweikarth) picked me up at the airport, we went to the dealership, signed the deal and I drove home. They were very low pressure and the deal was MSRP minus $800 + $75 documentation fee. I'm not the best at keeping up with the forum so if you would like more detail you can e-mail me at LVC2@webzone.net. Good luck.
  • mitchelledmitchelled Member Posts: 4
    Went to Carr's Honda on Western Ave in Chicago to buy an Odyssey EX NAV with all the
    numbers figured out, and the salesman kept asking
    me if I was going to buy options....I didn't
    understand why he was so interested in that until
    he showed up with the contract with the options I'd requested priced out. Their prices on the options were 400% over MSRP! I asked them if these were MSRP and he said yes. I then pulled out a photocopy from the Honda price guide listing the MSRP (which I got from another dealer) and showed him he was lying. He went off and got the sales manager who told me that was what they wanted for the options and that they wouldn't sell the van without the options!!!!!! I could take it or leave.....needless to say....I hauled my [non-permissible content removed] out of there and call Honda corp.

An example of their prices-- they wanted $399 for
    the roof rack crossbars which MSRP at $107.

So if you want to buy a Honda, DON'T go to the
    lying b&^%$#*'s at Carr's Honda on Western Ave in
    Chicago! Unless you want to get taken!

After reading other posts here I see that they are not the only dealers ripping off poor dumb consumers! So I would have to agree with the other people that say "DONT BUY THE OPTIONS" unless you get a good price for them. Here are some example MSRP prices off the list one dealer gave me (the 2nd number is the invoice number where I have it)-
    Splash Guards-$89 ($81)
    Cargo Tray-$99 ($61)
    Bike Attachment-$169 ($125)
    Cargo Cover- $99
    Ski Attachment-$129
    Roof Rack for LX-$299

My dealer in Gurnee was going to sell me the
    options for invoice....so I've got an order in with them for one. Rosen Honda in Gurnee IL has
    treated me very well! If you go there ask for Matt Weiner-he's been a great salesman for us!
    Sorry to hear you had the same experience. I now knows why I got my Ody in 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks: I was dumb enough to agree to those outrageous prices without checking everything. I should have known not to trust ANY car salesman until they prove otherwise.

Yes I did register my complaint with Honda. I doubt that's going to do me any good. I have also talked to the General Sales Manager and he insisted that I got a GREAT deal. Oh well. Price I paid to learn about Deceptive Trade Practice.
  • anafeanafe Member Posts: 5
    It appears as though Honda and its dealers have done an awesome job in marketing the Odyssey. Anytime someone pays MSRP and gets a couple of freebies they think they have been given a fair deal. In reality the manufacturer and dealer have walked away with thousands of YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS. A fair price for any new or late model car, truck or minivan is 100-500 dollars over invoice. I bought my last SUV and minivan at invoice. Even at invoice the dealer makes very good money considering the holdback and hidden factory incentives. By paying MSRP you also lose out on the resale and trade in values. Why do you think Honda is limiting production?? Enjoy being ripped off...
    And what exactly did you pay in total dollars for your minivan? What did you get? If you think just because you paid what the manufacturer chooses to call "invoice" that you have gotten a great deal, then you are the sucker for that company's marketing. As P. T. Barnum pointed out, one is born every minute. I tell you what, we'll ask Honda to raise their MSRP to the ridiculously inflated level of the domestics (which only idiots pay) and then give you invoice at the current MSRP. I think you would find the deal better in total price paid for total product received and you'd then be able to gloat about your superior shopping ability since you could claim to have paid invoice price. The rest of us will realize that the difference is only in the labels used.

Now, all of us will be happier in paying less and will do so when possible. But, in the meantime, it is still pretty much pay MSRP or close to it if you want an Odyssey at all. If you don't then be happy with your choice. But don't be so sure that the fool isn't the one who settled for less value so that he could trick himself with the manufacturer's arbitrary price labels....
  • chip30chip30 Member Posts: 11
    RESALE, RESALE, RESALE!!
    anafe: Yeah, it may be rewarding to battle the dark side in a showroom and ultimately triumph in the end with a "good" deal. For what, so the value of your van or suv can plummet as it seems all domestic products do. Now if you have Toyota products, it's another story. Honda's resale value will be based on MARKET CONDITIONS and if 99% of buyers paid MSRP, you can bet resale value will follow that figure. I'll sleep better at night knowing I have the most popular, best rated and most reliable van on the market. If paying "MSRP" is required for that peace of mind, then so be it.
    anafe: Don't be "ripped off" as well!
  • drlewisdrlewis Member Posts: 3
    FYI : Honda does NOT give their dealers a holdback and there are NO factory incentives to the dealer to sell Oddys. This is a fact verified by me at many commercial info sites AND Honda Corp. YOU KNOW WHY? THEY DON'T NEED IT! And not because we are all suckers, but we are all smart shoppers who know a value when we see one. Try and buy a superior domestic minivan comparable to the Oddy, for the same price! Good Luck!
  • kipple23kipple23 Member Posts: 6
    If "feeling good" about your deal is a priority, then I guess feeling good is better than being smart.

But, if buying something "at invoice" that represents less value in terms of build quality, reliabilty (cost and frequency of repairs), depreciation, resale value and other factors mentioned above, then the joke's on you.

For example, there are a lot of smug Dodge owner's who have bragged about their great "invoice" deal they got, vs. the Odyssey, without realizing thier van wil be worth 40% less than the Odysey in 3 years, and who, based on historical repair data, will be in the shop much more than Honda owners will, and will be drivng a much less safe van.

Great deal, huh?

Besides, all the best built cars sell at a premium. Just try getting a BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes for $500 over invoice.

Thank you, I WILL enjoy being "ripped off".
  • guayhaurguayhaur Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Last Friday, we went to Gene Norris Honda in Mentor, Ohio (about 10 miles northeast to Cleveland). They have several Odysseys in stock and more are coming in. We had a deal with about $300.00 under MSRP on a 01 SS Odyssey EX w/ nav. (documentation fee $69.00).

We picked the van on Saturday and enjoyed it. We have called several dealers around Cleveland area. Gene Norris Honda is the only one have more than 3 Odyssey in stock. My salesman is Leo Tomcany.
  • vickymashvickymash Member Posts: 3
    I need to know if anyone has any suggestions about installing a video system in the van. I'm getting a 2001 at the end of the month and I'm interested in putting some kind of movie watching device (I have 2 small children) any ideas?
    Thanks!
  • vickymashvickymash Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone;

Is there a really big difference between the EX and LX my dealer is able to get the Ex's a lot faster, and I'm not really sure if it makes that much of a difference. Please help!
  • binkybarnesbinkybarnes Member Posts: 69
    imho, you get alot for the price difference between the lx and the ex. chief among the differences is are the power sliding doors which have been terrific and so handy. plus, the things that i considered "gravy" on the ex i will now wonder if i can ever get along without, especially auto climate control.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I have the EX and basic differences and my opinion on each are:

Roof Rack - useful to me for bikes with my Yakima rack attached.

Alloy Wheels - I obsess over scratching them but they are lighter and supposedly fewer vibration issues than steel wheels.

Security System - depends on where you frequent. Discount on insurance is nice.

Power Driver Seat - Allows for extra fine adjustment as I am 6' and wife is 5-3

Power Doors - Why didn't they think of this before. Some people have safety concerns and some problems.

Audio System:
    CD Player - All I own, even the kids' stuff.

Steering Wheel Audio Controls - Honda did not
    do the best job here and as such the dash
    audio controls can be obstructed. I use the
    wheel controls almost exclusively.

Automatic Climate Control - Where have you been all my life? Set it and forget it for the most part.

Just my opinion.

We had been leaning towards the LX, but figured over the long haul the EX would fit our needs best.

Did I miss anything guys???
  • chip30chip30 Member Posts: 11
    For what it is worth, the EX has better grade cloth than the LX. Have less than 3 weeks to get our EX, and I prefer, overwhelmingly, the EX over the LX based on exterior appearance and interior features. If going to wait, if going to pay MSRP, then I'm not short-changing my family when it comes to what our Ody has!!
    So, how much money will it take for you to consider short-changing your family? ;-)

Tim, the equal opportunity smart-aleck.

Which reminds me of the old joke:

A guy asks his date, "Will you sleep with me?"
    She answers with an emphatic, "NO!"
    So, he asks, "OK. Will you sleep with me if I give you a million bucks?"
    She says, "Well sure."
    He pursues the matter, "Will you sleep with me for 10 dollars?"
    "What kind of girl do you think I am?!?" She demands indignantly.
    He calmly answers, "Well we've already determined what kind of girl you are. We're simply negotiating the actual price now."

;-0
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I think Honda dropped the ball when they didn't put the EX or LX along with the Odyssey on the back. No way to tell the difference, as a person could add the alloy wheels. I would like to find a set of chrome EX's to add. I am watching different cars etc. to find some. Any help
  • shaganastyshaganasty Member Posts: 23
    From what I have heard, there is one way, with the LX, the body side molding is black and on the EX they match the color...so I heard. That is what it looks like when I view the Odyssey on the Honda site.
    I never said that my SUV or minivan were domestic products but you have obviously assumed as much. I can tell you right now that they are not. I'm glad you have justified that paying MSRP in your mind is a "smart" thing to do. The minivan I bought had an MSRP of 30K. I purchased it for 24K. The SUV listed at 28K I bought it for 24K. I've had the van for 6 years and the SUV for 3. Never had a problem with either one and the resale on both is still excellent. Enjoy making Honda dealers richer.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com

There are more MSRP scam complaints from Honda and Toyota than any other manufacturer.
  • toyotafantoyotafan Member Posts: 3
    I keep hearing about Honda price gouging, and just want to laugh. Honda ain't GM or Ford. They don't have massive production capacity. They can't crank out 450,000 of a given model per year. They will be moving production to a new plant in the US in a couple of years, and productin will increase.

Hey, they made a great minivan. The invoice is relatively low. The MSRP is relatively low. Once the dealer buys the vehicle, it is out of Honda's control. Some dealers charge over MSRP because demand far exceeds supply at MSRP or even higher than MSRP. Yes it is annoying, but if dealers let the vans go at $500 over invoice, can you imagine the waiting list? Frankly, take a look at what you can get in the way of minivans for say $27,000, look at reliability data, and it's easy to see why people pay MSRP or above.

This isn't price gouging....it's free market economics.
  • oagrdroagrdr Member Posts: 2
    What anafe fails to recognize is that the MSRP of comparably equipped GM, Toyota, and Chrysler minivans is, on average, 29-31K, and invoice is 26-28K, the same as the MSRP of the Odyysey EX.

So you can pay "invoice" on a Toyota or GM, etc., and still be paying the same as MSRP on an Odyssey.

Noone pays more for an Odyssey than they do for a comparably equipped van from another carmaker, invoice or not. It amazes me how some people can't figure that out.

For me, driving what is now generally recognized as the best minivan in the world makes the price less relevant, but knowing I didn't pay more than anyone who bought a GM or Toyota at "invoice" makes it even nicer!
  • jph4jph4 Member Posts: 2
    I PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT FOR A 2001 ODYSSEY LAST FRIDAY AND RECEIVED IT THURSDAY. I PAID 26,006 FOR THE LX PLUS KEYLESS ENTRY AND MOONROOF. THIS PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE DEALER HANDLING. THE MOONROOF IS WONDERFUL. IT SEEMS TO BE VERY HIGH QUALITY ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN SNOWING SINCE I PICKED IT UP!! I LOVE MY NEW HONDA!! GLAD I DIDN'T GO WITH THE TOYOTA.
    In post #194 above, anafe wrote the following:

"I never said that my SUV or minivan were domestic
    products but you have obviously assumed as much. I
    can tell you right now that they are not."

However, on the same day, in post #86 in the "Odyssey vs. Dodge Caravan" forum, anafe wrote the following:

"I've owned a 96 Grand Caravan ES with the 3.8
    liter engine since October 95. I purchased it with
    the trailer towing package. I've used it to pull
    two boats and a tent camper all weighing in excess
    of 2700 lbs. I've never had any problems with it
    and still own it. It's been an awesome product with a lot of versatility. One other thing I like about Chrysler is that they are the innovators in thismarket. Honda and everyone else just does a good job of copying what they have developed."

Since more than one individual cannot have the same username, in my opinion, anafe is a liar and a fraud.

Am I wrong? Any comments?
    Did you ever hear of multiple people sharing or using the same work computer. I don't have to justify anything to you or anyone else. You might want to rethink any issues before you make accusations about fraud or someone being a liar. You just make yourself look like a fool.
  • dyer4dyer4 Member Posts: 1
    We just had a pleasant dealer experience at Hansel Honda in Petaluma CA. Our salesman was Tim Scriven -- nice, honest, not pushy at all. They delivered our Honda weeks before we expected and Tim stayed in contact with us throughout the whole process. He even came in on his day off when we came to pick up the vehicle. They were also the only dealer in the Bay Area who allowed us to test drive a model.
  • chip28chip28 Member Posts: 11
    OUCH! That has to hurt! Sorry kipple23, but I was impressed by your investigation.
    anafe: Please do all of us a favor and tell us what brand of autos you do in fact own. Obviously, you have an issue with Honda (particularly the Odyssey).
    Maybe your time would be better spent on a consumer watchdog site as the whole "ripped off Ody owners" is getting old.
    However, this is a free country, so speak your peace in whatever site you wish.--Happy Ody buyer!
  • redondaheadredondahead Member Posts: 4
    Just bought our new Ody for 300 under MSRP at Courtesy Honda in Memphis. I'm fairly sure if I was willing to wait a year, I could get a bigger discount, but fact is, if you are happy with the deal you got, than you got a "good" deal. There will always be somebody somewhere that pays less for it than you or I did, and I will be "dad-gummed" if I'm gonna get so wrapped-up in the numbers that I forget the that the whole point is to get a good, reliable vehicle, at a manageable price. It is sorta like when I lived overseas and would go bargaining at the market. As sure as I came back with a handful of goodies, I would find someone who paid half what I did for twice as much! I learned to stop checking around, and be happy with my deal. If you believe you got a good deal, than you got a good deal. Maybe naive, but it sure makes life more enjoyable!
  • kokonutkokonut Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the tip on the 2001 SS EX-NAVI at Metro Honda. I'm flying down from Northern California on Sunday to pick it up.
  • ustinyustiny Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered an Odyssey EX at MSRP and zero dealer prep. Total price is 26840. I looked at the Toyota Sienna, Dodge Grand Caravan, Nissan Quest, Mazda MPV, and Ford Windstar. Now personally I had a tough time battling myself to pay list price. It is something I had never done before and I was totally against in principal. I also have a buddy who owns 2 Toyota dealers where Icould pick up a Sienna for $300 over cost. But after looking at all these vehicles I tryed to pick out what served my needs best. The Sienna and MPV were lacking on interior room, especially the cargo area with all seats in the proper position. You could not fit more than 4-5 people in these vans with cargo. The Dodge and Ford had more room, however I really do not like to buy domestic because of the slaughter you suffer on resale value. So we narrowed it down the Toyota and the Honda. Although I could get a great deal on the Toyota, the bottom line price I paid to equip it like the Honda would have still come out near $28,000. I would of had to go with the LE and add a ton of options or go for the XLE. So after careful consideration I justified paying list price by assuming the following. I said to myself if I put all of these minivans mentioned above together and equipped them all identical and knew I had to pay $28,640 for any one of them without knowing the invoice or list price which one would I buy. The answer was clearly the Odyssey. So Anafe get over your hang up about paying MSRP.

On another note I own a 1998 Honda CRV-EX. When I bought that vehicle these babies were also going for MSRP. I was able to get mine at $1000 off MSRP and paid $20,500. The vehicle is 30 months old and has 48000 miles on it. I just sold it for $16,000. So I did not get slaughtered on resale value as you stated earlier Anafe. Even if I would have paid MSRP at $21,500 like most folks did, a $5,500 depriciation for 30 months and 48,000 miles is pretty damn good in my book. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
  • benoblebenoble Member Posts: 2
    It is a violation of Edmunds User agreement for different individuals to post under the same user name. Each user must have their own identity. Perhaps you and your "work group" (yeah-right!) should re-read that part of the agreement.

Nice try.
  • shaganastyshaganasty Member Posts: 23
    Glad to hear you got it. Now, if you come across a White EX, please let me know
  • gil14gil14 Member Posts: 3
    I thought I'd be ordering a 2001 LX at MSRP at Pace Honda/BMW, New Rochelle, NY, this morning, but when I called last night I was told they are now getting 500 over MSRP for 2001's, with no mandatory options, and no games with a waiting list of 3-4 months. So am back to searching for a deal at MSRP (or less). Those Ohio and Indiana prices I've read about sound great, but that's a bit further than I'd like to travel. Can anyone recommend a dealer in the NY/Connecticut area?
    On the Honda board you complain about Hondas and say you don't own a domestic minivan, while on the Caravan board, you complain about Hondas and say that you own a '96 Caravan.

Then, when challenged about your contradiction, you imply that there are mulitple users sharing a your computer and logging onto Edmunds and posting under the same name - "anafe".

Does anyone else believe this guy?
  • alingaling Member Posts: 598
    Come on guys, play nice! All of this is not helping any current, new or potential owners and that is the purpose of this topic.

Anafe, if you feel that the Odyssey is not worth the money, then simply don't buy one. I think that everyone here is clear about your feelings by now, okay?

According to the Townhall user agreement, you agreed to use one consistent login identification name within Town Hall because it is important to the Town Hall community that you maintain a consistent identity.

If you are unclear as the specifics of this agreement, please click here to review it again.

Thanks all!
    Drew/aling
    Townhall Community Leader/Vans Conference
    I didn't mean to come across as 'nasty', but this guy was such an obvious fraud, it brought out the "Joe Friday" in me. I promise no more Dragnet on this board!

If it would only quit raining, I wouldn't spend so much time on the dang internet...but then I probably never would have caught this type of nonsense!
    MSRP is merely a SUGGESTED price from Honda. This means that the dealerships can sell cars any way they want. Unfortunately, with Odyssey being so popular, dealers see a chance to make more $$$ than ever. Yes, I'm still kicking myself for paying a few hundred bucks more than I should have. But, c'est la vie. It could have been a lot worse.

Before you add on any of the accessories, be sure to call the parts department and ask them how much each piece is. That is when I found out my dealership was not being honest about the price. How can you have two different prices for the same piece of equipment within the same dealership???
  • alingaling Member Posts: 598
    Thanks Sara! As Karen said, it's pleasant when
    everyone behaves, plays fair, and stays on the topic in question. I hope that everyone else will co-operate. This topic has been very informative so far (after all, we're on the 7th iteration!), despite the little bumps on the "road".

Forget the rain, send some snow over my way please :-)

Best of luck!
    Drew/aling
    Townhall Community Leader/Vans Conference

P.S. Karen, the scribbled posts above were mine.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    ...Drew.

KarenS
    Vans host
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    want snow, move to Mich. upper pen. They got 10 to 18 inches last night.
  • kelsenkelsen Member Posts: 10
    I picked up my car for MSRP ($26880) in Montgomery, AL. The tax is 2.9%; I know that varies from state to state, and I think it's fairly low here. I also bought (with no choice in the matter) the $89 pinstriping and the $259 'weatherproofing', or whatever they refer to this pack as. I consider it a good value for the price, and essentially agree with those who point out that the ultimate cost compares very well with that of the products selling for "$500 over dealer invoice". That said, I don't think that the dealer has earned or deserves to make $3700 profit for their part in the transaction. Like most of you, I gather, the salesman didn't have to make the sale to me. C'est la vie, however, and I'm pleased with my vehicle. I guess I'll call it Space...;^)

Dave Kelsen.