Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• indymonindymon Member Posts: 20
    A GOOD DEAL ON A CIVIC LX AUTO SEDAN: (My Humble Opinion)

Generally speaking, I think that $300 over invoice is a Good Deal
    $200 over invoice is an Excellent Deal
    (Destination and all dealer fees must be included in the price)
    (Tax, Title, License are extra)

The CIVIC LX AUTO SEDAN has an invoice of $16,856 ($16,261 + $595 Dest)

So, $17,156 + TTL (300 Over Inv) is a Good Deal (all dealer fees included)

$17,056 + TTL (200 Over Inv) is an Excellent Deal (all dealer fees included)

In large metropolitan areas, you should have a greater chance at negotiating an excellent deal. Negotiation may be tougher in areas with fewer dealerships.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Your price is $17544.38 (for the car w/dest and fees) and invoice is $16,856 so you are paying $688.38 over. For a lot of areas that is a nice price for a new Civic. Might you do better? Maybe, but even the dealers who will sell me an Accord or S2000 for invoice or less may not go that low on a new Civic. They just are selling too well in most areas for the dealers to discount them - much.

Dennis
  • dwoolmandwoolman Member Posts: 7
    Hi cj20,

Just to state the obvious, every deal is unique. I concur with Indymon:$200-$300 over invoice is probably where the Civic is right now.

That $199.00 Doc Fee is highly negotiable, or to put it another way, dealer profit.

Good luck cj20
  • wildsandpiperwildsandpiper Member Posts: 14
    I have looked over last posts and discovered that my deal for the Auto LX is probably not a so good deal. I got it for $17,408 (base & destination). I haven;t got the car yet, it is comming in next week. Since I haven't sign any paper works, should I back out? This actually the best deal I've got so far. Should I wait till the demand for the car die down (or when the supplies increase a bit more)? Would the price go much lower in the next month?
    After further consideration, I would like to revise my opinion of what I would consider a good deal for 2007 Civic - NATIONWIDE.

First of all you should always do your negotiating online; not in the dealership. You should not go into A dealership until you have agreed on a price (and clarified all fees). In the dealership, too many people succumb to the smoke&mirrors, timeouts, shinny car, new car smell, and other head games dealers are taught at the secret academy. :mad: (Don't give your real telephone number. Do the negotiating via email only.)

MY REVISED GOOD DEAL ON A CIVIC - NATIONWIDE:

Good Deal: $500 (or less) over Invoice (including all dealer fees)

Real Good Deal: $300 (or less) over Invoice (including all dealer fees)

Excellent Deal: $100 (or less) over Invoice (including all dealer fees)

Partner In Crime: Invoice Price (or less) (including all dealer fees)

The $595 Destination charge is included in the above amounts.

Tax, title and license (TTL) are not included in the above amounts.

ALL CHARGES OTHER THAN THE STATE SALES TAX, STATE TITLE FEE AND STATE LICENSE FEE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE AMOUNTS.

See my post above "SOME GENERAL ADVICE FOR GETTING THE PROCESS STARTED"

If you do your negotiating via email, you will walk into the dealership as a champ; and not a potential sucker.
    MSRP for the LX sedan with auto is $18,355 and invoice is $16,855 so your price is $553 over invoice. That is a nice price, sure you might to a little better but not a LOT better. As long as the dealer's doc fee is included or is really small then I would go for it.

While it would be nice to get the last cent out of every deal, at some point you can just say that you have a nice deal and get your new car. In a lot of areas of the country and with a lot of dealers, $553 over invoice on a new Civic would be a smoking hot deal.

Dennis
  • khung1khung1 Member Posts: 8
    I got my LX Auto Sedan for $17028 +TTL in the Los Angeles area. This is the best deal I could get.
    Thanks for the input. Yes, the dealer fee is included, the only extra fee that I would have to pay is $218 (standard for all cars for registration, DMV...), so the out-of-door price would be $17,626, period. I did the negotiation online, and I have checked all Honda dealers intown before settled down for this one.

Do you have any advice or tips for me when I go to pick up the car? What should I look for or be aware of? Thanks!
    Just make sure the numbers all add up, don't give into the pressure to purchase an over priced GAP coverage or extended warranty, and check the car over to be sure all is OK before you sign anything. If you are interested in a HondaCare warranty you can purchase one online for a nice discount later (up until you hit 6k miles on the new car).

Also if you are financing, arrange this with your bank, credit union, and/or CapitalOne online before you go to the dealership. Challenge the dealer to beat your rate for the same term on a simple interest loan and let them have the business as long as there is no "set up fee" (rare, these days) and they can do a better rate - otherwise use your pre-approved loan.

Dennis
    Wildsandpiper, Invoice is $16,855 for 07 LX Auto Sedan.
    $17,626 is $771 over invoice. NOT A GOOD PRICE. :(

khung1 (above you) paid $17028 + TTL for the same car.
    khung1 paid $173 over invoice

I'm sure you can get the 07 LX-Auto-Sedan for $17, 250 (or less).
    Apply yourself! Don't let them rob you in broad daylight.
    khung1

$173 over invoice is a Great Deal. You make us all proud.
    That's why we are here; to help you get a Great Deal.

You prove that persistent negotating pays off in the end.
    indymon,

1. $17626 is out-of-door price, which include Everything. Yes, the price is $550 over invoice, but not $771.

2. Do you know anyone in Oregon bought the same car for $17250 or less? If you do, please let me know the dealer.

Thanks
    What city/town are you closest to in Oregon?
  • carolinagirl48carolinagirl48 Member Posts: 18
    where in the NE are you located?
    I live in Clackamas. I have contacted Honda dealers in Portland, Milwakie, and Beaverton/Tigard. I haven't check the ones in Salem, but I'm not sure if I want to go that far to get a car for a couple hundreds less. :(
  • bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    A guy has one for sale in my neighborhood and I saw it setting in his driveway with a for sale sign in it. About a week ago I took it for a test drive. It runs and drives perfectly. It has 95K miles and I think it has every factory option that was available at the time. The only thing I can see wrong is it is going to need a new set of tires before too long. However, the guy's asking price is quite high. He's asking $5900. I've priced it on Edmunds ($3925), KBB ($4555), and NADA ($4725). I haven't talked to the guy about price at all, so I have no idea how firm he is with his asking price. I also don't know if the reason the car hasn't sold yet is because the price is too high, or if he's just not advertising it. It's condition is cherry inside and out, and people are usually all over these things the second they go up for sale. I'm hoping it's just because he's not advertising it. My 17 year old daughter really wants it, and it sure looks like it would make her a very good car. I'm going to print off the pages from these sites with the prices to show him what's it valued at and see how much he's willing to come down on his price. He's gonna have to come down at least a grand on his price or I won't be making him any offers.
    Get a CarFax or AutoCheck account and check the VIN and see if there are any problems. I did a comparison recently and in a small sample of test VINs the AutoCheck system showed problems for cars that the Carfax did not - and I KNEW these VINs were for cars with bad titles or wreck damage. There was ONE VIN with showed an accident on Carfax (which I knew to be minor) that did not show on AutoCheck . Since the price is the same ($25 for unlimited checks) and the AutoCheck account runs for 60 days rather than Carfax 30 days - I would get AutoCheck.

If that checks out OK and you can work out a price, then pay a competent mechanic to go over the car BEFORE you buy. It should only cost $100-125 to get this done but could save you a ton down the road.

See if the owner has any service history on the car. Has the timing belt been replaced? Regular oil and filter changes? Fuel filter and plugs replaced?

Also beware of a "curb stoner" - someone acting as a car dealer but working out of their house. The AutoCheck/Carfax may show that the last thing on the list was an auto auction - where this person purchased the car to sell as if they have been driving it the entire time. Another dead giveaway - call them up and say "I am calling about the car for sale" and if they say "which one" just tell me bye-bye. You can also ask to look at the title before you decide to buy, it will tell you that it is titled to the seller or not, and the date the title was issued - how long they have had it.

Dennis
  • dmbfiredancerdmbfiredancer Member Posts: 8
    i am in southern california (la area) and the lowest i can get right now for a 2007 LX sedan automatic 4 door in silver is $18,888 out the door.

before that i had $18,988 ($17310 for the car total...rest was tax, fees, etc)

has anyone in southern cali gotten the LX much lower OTD?

thanks in advance!
    Sounds like some pretty sound advice to me. I do have a mechanic I use whom I trust 100%, and he probably wouldn't even charge me $100 to check the car over. I would probably do one thing a little differently than you suggested. I would probably have the car checked out by mechanic, THEN talk price with the seller. It wouldn't make much sense to agree on a price, then have the mechanic find something that needs work and have to re-negotiate the price again. But on the other hand, if I were to talk price first, I'd be able to find out if the guy is willing to come down to a reasonable price BEFORE I spend the money to have the car checked out. If he's fairly firm on his asking price, I wouldn't be willing to pursue the sale any further anyway. Hmmmm, this creates a bit of a dilemma......which came first, the chicken or the egg?

He did show me quite a few service receipts that showed all the normal preventive maintenance had been accomplished, along with some other stuff like the brakes being redone, exhaust system, timing belt and water pump replacement, etc.

I don't think the guy is a "curb stoner", but I will take note of what it says in Autocheck and how the title reads. Thanks for the info.
    dmbfiredancer

Yoy say the best you can do for a Civic LX Auto Sedan $18,888 OTD.
    Remember, everything you pay for the car other than the mandatory State costs (TTL) is part of the True Car Price.
    A lot may be hidden in the term "FEES" or "OTD"

Please do the following calculations:
    Add the State Tax, Title & License costs: $
    Subtract the above TTL from your OTD Price: ($18,888 - TTL)= True Car Cost.
    Using the calculation above, what is the True Car Cost?
    True Car Cost: (Civic LX Auto Sedan) $

Please show the calculations so we all can see.
    That is what I meant, if you can't agree to a decent price then all bets are off. If you can get something reasonable, then pay for the inspection. If the seller and AutoCheck/CarFax show only a single owner and the seller has a title in hand in his name then you may have a cream puff on your hands :D . If he has all those receipts then a lot of the parts that may be ready to fail have already been replaced. Keep in mind that a single owner car with an owner with all the receipts - both for the expensive things like timing belt, etc and for routine oil and filter changes - may be worth more (to me) than what the book value of the car would be. So going to some used car lot and finding a similar car you would not want to pay nearly as much as one that someone has owned and can show they cared for from day one.

On most newer cars you can check the VIN stickers to see if all the body panels are original. There should be one on each fender (viewed with the hood open), the hood, doors, quarter panels (viewed with the trunk open), and the trunk lid. If the car has any stickers it should (if all original) have them all. Sometimes the front door stickers are on the underside of the door - a little hard to see. If an OEM VIN sticker is missing, then that panel has been replaced - so there was a wreck in the past - no matter if AutoCheck/CarFax show it or not.

Dennis
    wildsandpiper

indymon,

I did but found nothing :confuse:
  • cmoreno1cmoreno1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote from Spreen Honda. Not sure where it is since I've been working with them through e-mail. They quoted me 18,498 OTD. Gonna try to work them down to 18,300. Always send quotes you receive to other dealers and ask them to beat it. When they beat it, repeat the process.
  • chicago3chicago3 Member Posts: 13
    I should have checked the boards first, but I think I got a good deal on a Civic EX. It had all options but leather and navigation. I got sunroof and dealer options like all weather floor mats, splash guards and door trim.

I drove off at $19K even including all taxes title and license fees. that's everything.

That included $1K on a trade (it was wrecked).

Any thoughts? just trying to vaildate the purchase.
  • rubiesrubies Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a new '07 Civic Hybrid, and when going through the final paperwork, the employee (not the manager or the showroom exec.; this was the financial/paperwork person) said that for an additional $510 (a "discount" from $990) we could get the security system. We pointed out that as the website and specs say, the car comes with the security system, but he insisted this is an anti-theft system that only covers break-in via the doors. Isn't the car already wired for the security system? And is it necessary to go through Honda for them to "initialize" something the car is already wired to do? Many thanks.
    ....and I showed him the price print-out from KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. I told him I was willing to pay the highest price of the 3 (which was the $4725 price from NADA). He said he was looking to get more like $5500 and was in no hurry to sell. Then I told him I would go $5000 tops. He said he would think about it and give me call tomorrow. I also told him the car would have to check out with a mechanic with no problems at that price. We'll see what happens next.
    It looks like all the Civics come with a security system - there is no Honda "upgrade" or system for sale as an accessory that I can see.

I don't know what they are trying to sell you for $510, but I would pretty much assume it is a rip off. You didn't take it, did you?

You can test your system easily, park the car with the windows down and get out and lock it with the remote. Reach in and open a door - the alarm should go off. If there is a hood switch (you should be able to see it) you could do the same test by leaning in and popping the hood.

In any case, your new Honda should have an alarm and no need for you or the dealer to do anything else to make it work. If your door test fails, it is a warranty repair item. If there are hood and trunk switches and they fail the test, it should also be fixed under warranty.

Dennis
    Isn't the dealer required by law to inspect the new car for all parts and functionality before the car is sold? What if the buyers miss testing something while test driving the car and discover the defects later? I know the car has warranty but the buyer would have to go thru process of getting the car fix while it's not their faults. Is there anywhere in the piles of paperwork (buyer's guide) says anything about the fact the dealer guarantee that the car is in its origin and that there's no modifications or fix due to bad quality control or transportation problem (while moving the car from manufacture to dealers)....?
    Yes, they SHOULD go through the car completely before they deliver it to you. It should be clear, full of gas, tires properly inflated, and ready to go. Some dealers will even give you a check list showing what (in theory) was checked.

Do they do it? Depends on the dealership.

The only thing the dealer has to disclose is if the car was damaged while they had it in their possession. So if someone wrecks it on a test drive or an employee does, then they have to disclose that. What happened before the dealer got it, they don't "know" so they don't have to say anything. It is always up to up to go over your new car "with a fine tooth comb" before you accept it and sign any papers. This is to look for things like scratches, dents, dings, etc. The electrical and mechanical stuff is covered by the warranty, so if you don't check everything before you leave it is OK. Be sure to take YOUR CAR on a test drive before you sign anything - and after you have checked it over. Run it up to highway speeds and check for vibrations, etc.

I have had generally good delivery experiences with new Hondas, with Swope leading the way as far and the "Experience" goes.

Anything that does not live up to your expectations should be taken up with the dealer at delivery time and if they fail to follow through then ding them on the dealer survey from Honda.

Dennis
    Thank you very much for a very informative post. I'll make sure I check out as many things as I can when I pick up my car. It's kindda blue to know that a new car can have many problems too. I read the "2006 Civic problem" forum and there's someone who bought a brand new car, yet has to be in and out the service department too many times because it's a problematic car. I cross my fingers for mine :)
  • dmbfiredancerdmbfiredancer Member Posts: 8
    i am done! a huge weight is finally lifted off my shoulders and i now own a LX civic sedan automatic in silver :)

and i feel very good about what i paid today.

sure i could have kept haggling for a few more days and bumped it down a few more bucks, but it got to the point where i just felt "ready" and was done using my energy to keep going lower. dealers were dropping off like flies and i was only down to a few left who would deal with me anymore, so i knew this was as good as i was going to get in my area.

i'm in the LA area and paid:
    sedan LX automatic 2007 civic
    $17081 for car

plus ttl (i live in CA so tax is high)
    brought it to $18749 out the door

thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum - your posts have helped me a lot.

and much thanks and appreciation to this website for the knowledge which gave me the strength to walk out of a dealership (i did just that today)

i couldnt have done it without edmunds.com!
  • easye2easye2 Member Posts: 26
    So what was your price? Before trade and taxes? Did you buy in Chicago? Thanks.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The sale price on the car (not OTD) has been quoted to my father as $17,280 (sticker is $20,105), and they are giving him exactly blue-book on the trade (a Good condition 2005 Accord EX Sedan). I'm not sure of the OTD cost yet, since they haven't done final paperwork, but he's buying the car.

The car had 5 miles on it before he test-drove; and no visible defects or scratches.

The dealership included mudguards (which dad asked to have in the price) as well as 3 year/36k miles free maintenance.

Good deal assuming a $300 or less doc fee? We have used this dealer many times, and they have always been honest and upfront on all fees/deals (this will be car number 17 from the same dealer, SAME SALES MANAGER since 1982!)
  • easye2easye2 Member Posts: 26
    $17,280 + TTL? Are you serious? Where did you get this offer? What state are you in? I am being quoted prices of $17,700 for the LX. And that is the best offer I have received so far. I am in the Minneapolis, MN area. You should scoop that up in a second.

Plus 3years of maintenance for free? Get out of here! What did they give for you 05 Accord EX? This may explain...what cash value did they say? $16,000? $17,000?

I am looking to trade or sell my 04 Accord EX-L. I sure wouldn't mind this type of deal. Fill us in, please. :-)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    It is a 2005 EX Auto Accord, cloth, but has 69,000 miles. Great condition; kbb.com says $12,275 for the car's trade in in "Good" condition, and that's what they are giving us (the high miles killed the value).

I am in central Alabama, Birmingham area. Small dealer, off the interstate a few miles. It's only 5 miles from our house!

To confirm, yes: Blue book on the trade, $17,280 + TTL.
  • mhattrupmhattrup Member Posts: 77
    I'd suggest you try the Honda dealer in The Dalles - their internet manager is a very nice guy to deal with. I haven't actually purchased a car from them but I had a phenomenal price on an Accord Coupe last year but I just didn't LOVE the car so I kept looking. He quoted me a price of $1500 over invoice on an SI which I know will draw some flak from some of the folks on this site as not a good deal but then again they aren't the ones out actually trying to buy an SI. And that $1500 price was BY FAR the best I was able to get out of dealers on the east side of WA state.

Now for a Civic LX my guess is you'd be looking at $300-$500 over invoice from this dealer simply based on the prices he was quoting me on an 06 Ody. Of course there probably isn't as much margin in a Civic as there is in a Ody or an Accord so he might not be able to go to $300 over invoice. Your price sounds pretty good to me for a car that is in demand and is from a dealer close to home. I certainly don't think your getting a bad deal.
    You're right; it's difficult to compare the price at different regions. As I mentioned, that is the "best" deal I've got so far. In fact, yesterday, I was able to have them add an accessory (couple hundred bucks) to my car with no additional charge and that lower the base price even more. I do think I got a good deal and the most important thing is the people at the dealership are very nice and up front. At least they showed me that auto sales people can be nice :)

Of course I might be able to get a better deal if I kept trying, but I think as long as my price range is reasonable, I should call it good!
    Any ideas on the price for extended warranty (8 years bumper to bumper)?. Thanks
  • cartagenacartagena Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am down in S. FLA looking to purchase a Civic EX coupe. I got an offer from a dealer for $18,900 w/o TTL. I think this is a little high. Would some one be able to tell me what invoice price for this really is? I see endmunds say around 17,800 but I've seen it diffrent on other sites.
    Thanks
    You can check out the Honda extended warranty forum here on Edmunds, but last time I looked Bernardi was the cheapest. Note that there are exclusions in the HC warranty - it is not "bumper to bumper" - so read what is on and what is out before deciding to buy. I favor getting one for some folks, but that is just me :D

You should also look in your warranty book (in the glove box) as the hybrid has an 8yr warranty on the hybrid bits - last time I checked.

Anyway, the quote from Bernardi for a Civic HYBRID with less than 6k and just purchased was:

7 years/100,000 miles warranty:$0 deductible = $745.00
    7 years/120,000 miles warranty:$0 deductible = $845.00
    8 years/100,000 miles warranty:$0 deductible = $825.00
    8 years/120,000 miles warranty:$0 deductible = $925.00

The prices are a bit higher than a Civic sedan, I guess due to the cost and complexity of the hybrid?

Dennis
    Invoice for an EX coupe w/o NAV should be $18,452 with auto and $17,722 with manual. Both prices INCLUDE destination fees.

So if you are looking at an auto and the dealer is offering $18,900 you are just $442 over invoice which I don't think is too bad as long as there is no hefty dealer or doc fee on top of that.

Dennis
  • cartagenacartagena Member Posts: 2
    I must have been looking at the Manual invoice and I am looking to purchase an auto.
    Thanks
    Edmunds does not include destination in the invoice until you go to the next step "show price with options" - so that can throw off your number if you don't go to that step and see that added on.

Unless there are high added on fees, the quote you got sounds pretty good. Keep in mind that different parts of the country may have different promos available and some areas the car is selling faster/slower than others. Just because someone 1,000 miles away gets a little better deal does not mean you can - without doing some serious travelling :D

Dennis
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    I haven't seen much in the way of prices paid for the Civic Sedan SI, perhaps because it has only recently become available. I'm considering selling my 94 Civic EX next summer and purchasing a 07 Sedan SI.

I'm wondering if the prognosticators here think that the Sedan Si will be available for a price under MSRP given the smaller numbers imported. I've checked a Honda dealer website nearby that lists their discounted prices on Civic LXs and EXs, but the SI is listed at MSRP, which doesn't surprise me. I'm just wondering if folks here think that discounts can be had in 6 or 8 months after the initial frenzy (if there is one) has died down. Any thoughts?

Gogiboy
    They are mostly asking MSRP for the ones they have or can get now. Your guess is as good as any as to what the future may hold. They could sell out of them while you are waiting for the price to come down. Or if sales are slow then discounting will begin. No matter what the car, once they start stacking up and sitting on the lots they will discount them to sell - at most dealers.

My local dealers "never discount" S2000s so I got mine out of state for less than invoice. Months later I was in a local dealer for an oil change and they still have 5-6 left over prior year S2000s and a couple of current year cars! They had discounted the left overs a bit, but not much. Still more time passes and they have 3-4 or the old ones still, then a bad storm/tornado comes through and hail damages them all. Dinged up they were not much less than what I paid MONTHS before elsewhere. A dealer like that would hold onto an Si until they just HAD to sell it.

So you just have to wait and see. I would say that the new mazdaspeed3, WRX, and GTI offer more performance and would cut into the Si sales. The more competition the better for you if you want the Si.

Dennis
  • jschwartz14jschwartz14 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everybody,

I currently work at a honda dealership in Thousand Oaks, CA. In answer to your questions most of the SI's are going MSRP or very close to it. They are also rather hard to get. We are one of the largest dealerships in Southern California and we currently only have two. A 2dr coupe and a 4 dr. The pricing on those is around 21,000 and 22,000.

As to whether the price of those cars will start to dip of course depends largely on the market for them. Right now they dont stay on the lot too long once we get them. But the more we sell the more we get. I would guess that it would probably be more like a year before you will see a downturn on the price. But that is mostly a guess based on my experience.

any questions or comments please let me know.
    jschwartz14
    I would be surprised if the Si Sedan will be available for much below MSRP anytime soon. As we move into the colder temps and car sales cool the prices might soften a bit. I happened to see a Sedan at a dealership this weekend that had a $1500 markup on it but that same dealership had a $5K markup on an Si coupe a month ago. The salesman said they ended up selling it for about $2K over MSRP, he said the markup on the sedan wasn't as agressive because business has slowed down now that it's winter time... Come spring time when your looking to purchase the new Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution may be out which might futher soften the demand for the Civic.
    I got a call from the internet manager of the Honda dealer in The Dalles late this afternoon and they have new coupe on the ground. I'm in a red Si now (ended up buying a used one that was traded in after 1000 miles at my local dealship). If I hadn't already bought one I'd be on the road tonight because the internet guy doesn't screw around with the typical dealer games. He is very low key and easy to work with so if your in the market for an Si or other Honda and anywhere close to the dealership give them a shout. I actually felt guilty when he called today....
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    Dennis--

Thanks for your response. I too was thinking that there is a fair amount of competition in this segment. I have driven the Subie WRX Wagon and enjoyed it, despite a notchy shifter and tough clutch. I love the Mazdaspeed3, but they are all selling at full MSRP.

I'm nearly 50 with a spotless driving record and am surprised at how much the insurance was/is going to be for the WRX. I would suspect that the Mazdaspeed would be similarly expensive to insure. My insurer told me that with the WRX it was due to the Turbo, and that is why I thought the Civic might be a better choice although I haven't called my insurer for a quote. I have a 92 MR2 that costs me very little to insure although I have the NA engine, not turbo version.

Frankly, I think it would be very hard to drive the Mazdaspeed3 "sensibly" most of the time, but the Civic SI seems less of a problem somehow. I'd also prefer to get a hatchback/small wagon to haul my bikes, too. Anyone think that Honda will eventually offer a peppier version of the Fit or does that violate Honda's entire concept of a frugal economy car?

One of the OKC car dealerships is advertising a $1K off coupon that they are making available in the Friday OKC newspaper for any new or used car on their various dealer lots. I checked their website and they have a couple of SI sedans available (listed at MSRP, but they may have ADM). I could look at the coupon to see if there are any exclusions. We are in the grip of a major winter storm, though, and I really don't see myself driving 65 miles to test drive in these conditions.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Gogiboy