Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• waiwai Member Posts: 325
    Can you choose any color you like and when is the delivery date?
  • joconnorjoconnor Member Posts: 26
    Yes you can, after I had negotiated a deal with the color I wanted, he had already put it on order and gave me a production number over the phone and the production date of 9/24. I then went to dealer next day and left $500 deposit. They were the only 2 dealers (see above) that even acknowledged you could order an 09 on the date of that Honda posted its news release.
  • mrcoolguy209mrcoolguy209 Member Posts: 29
    I received an email from El Cerrito Honda (Nor Cal) that they still have 18 '08 Civics in stock. I also received emails from many other dealers in my area that they are closing out stock on '08 Civics.

Seems like the supply isn't as tight as they'd like you to believe.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    18 Civics is nothing for a large volume store.

And what are they? Slow selling SI's or 5 speed coupes?

We have some in stock too but not many of the ones that sell the best.
    There is plenty of supply but the problem is finding a dealer with that supply, for example Curry Honda in NY has 30 in stock while still some others only had 5. They tell me they can no longer 'get' cars from other dealerships during the clearance. Also there are NO deals to be had, MSRP to maybe $400 less. This is what I have found.
  • texanbarrtexanbarr Member Posts: 6
    Fernandez Honda. Just bought a 2008 Civic LX for 17,400 plus ttl.
    Very nice, kept their word and worked to make the deal. No funny business.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Can you tell us whether it's a coupe or sedan, and AT or stick? Thanks.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Dealers don't want to trade the fast selling Civics unless they can get one in return that's maybe a different color.

Had a store call us yesterday wanting one of our THREE LX automatic sedans. He wanted us to take a 5 speed LX coupe in return. no thanks!
    It is a 4 door, automatic.
  • elena250elena250 Member Posts: 28
    just curious - did you get an "extras" like tinting or other packages? You did well, I couldn't get that good a deal - maybe they're really trying to move them out.
    No extras. I did have to work for the price. I emailed 4 dealers internet sales departments from SA to San Marcos. Started 5 days ago. 1 replied MSRP. Got replies from 3 that were within 6 dollars of each other in the 17790 range.
    Emailed those 3 and told them they were within 6 dollars of each other. Asked for lower offers. The one simple price guy stuck to the 17790. Another dealer quoted 200 less. Used that offer to negotiate final price with Fernandez. It was worth it as MSRP was 18400's. As they say the rest is history.
  • cuysecocuyseco Member Posts: 45
    17,400 + destination? or not included.
    I wish I can find that price in Dallas :(
    Price included the 670.
    17400 plus ttl. :)
  • jjotravelerjjotraveler Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a Civic EX 2dr Coupe, AT for 19,750 + TTL from Lute Riley Honda. Had another quote for a silver one at 19,800 from the dealership off Lemon. The experience could have been better, but in the end I think we got a fair price. Price includes standard EX with the strips, moon roof guard, flaps, mats + one other feature I got. Happy to discuss any questions.
  • elena250elena250 Member Posts: 28
    Well you did better than I did. At first it seemed that nobody was going to budge from the MSRP then I did see some movement. But only by a 100 or 200. I don't think I negotiated as well as you did - plus I think being a woman usually means they're less likely to reduce the price for you (I think). But in the end I ended up with the discount and tinted windows so I was happy. I really do enjoy the car, though and am glad I got it. Don't know about those people saying they're getting 40mpg, though. Right now the first tank seemed low but that might have been due to the fact that they filled it up but not to the very top. On the second tank I averaged 34.5mpg. How are you doing?
  • uvajuvaj Member Posts: 1
    17,800 OTD at Harrisonburg. The lowest offer I got in Northern VA was 18,200 OTD, but that was over the phone/internet.
    I got today an offer from a dealer in Dallas for 17500 + TTL+ Adds.
    I am looking for a Civic 08 LX sedan AT...do you guys think it is a good price?
    How much is the TTL? How much are the Adds and why do I need to pay that?
    Any advice would be very appreciate.
    Thanks.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hello folks,i purchased a new 08 honda civic lx coupe with auto trans in nov 07..
    i paid 16,500.00 plus TTT.....over this past labor day weekend i traded in the civic for a 09 mitsubishi lancer due to the fact that my wife is expecting a baby in the next few weeks and we needed a bigger car with 4 doors..anyway,the civic had 3000 miles on it when i traded it in...just to give an example of how well the civic holds it's value i got 16,000.00 for it on a trade-in for the 09 lancer which by the way i got for a little under invoice..i loved the civic's mialege,handling,but we needed as i mentioned a bigger safer car...
    I am a woman. I think in the current economy, it just depends on who is hungry and wants to make the comission. I have been told I am tough for a woman by several car salesman. I know what I will pay and if they won't work to make a deal, Tom Dick or Hary have biils to pay so they want to make $$$. You just have to stick to your guns. Also, I think this is a good time of year as the next year model is on the way. This is the second car I have bought in September in my years of buying. I also think purchasing the last 2-3 days of the month help.Taking my 6 ft 4 inch husband to the dealership probably helped curtail any funny business though.
    The civic only has 130 miles on it, so I can't give mileage numbers.

:):)
  • bostongirl1bostongirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 08 EX-L with nav package in Boston, MA area. Paid 21k plus tax, title, etc. All said, paid 25.4k including Guidepoint and extended 7yr, 75k mile warranty, tax, title, registration, etc.

Not sure it's a good deal, but VERY excited to have a new car. :)
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "hello folks,i purchased a new 08 honda civic lx coupe with auto trans in nov 07.. i paid 16,500.00 plus TTT.....
    the civic had 3000 miles on it when i traded it in...just to give an example of how well the civic holds it's value i got 16,000.00 for it on a trade-in..."
    [emphasis added]

Can someone tell me again why the Civic isn't woth MSRP or at the very least $18K? I mean WORTH, not why you wont pay it.
    How about, for example, if this guy had paid MSRP for his Civic, he would have lost over $2000 in depreciation after less than one year and only 3000 miles. Since he got a good deal on it to begin with, he only lost $500 in depreciation. Call me crazy, but I'd rather lose $500 than $2000 after less than one year of ownership.
  • poobbubespoobbubes Member Posts: 6
    Could someone please tell me if the front tag holder is removable on Civics, and if they are, will there be screw holes showing? If not, is this something you could request of the dealer if you order a car?
  • latkelatke Member Posts: 3
    Hey all- I think I got a great deal today. 2009 Civic LX-S Automatic Sedan, for $17,277 plus $670 destination, plus $150 splash guards, $75 wheel locks, Plus, Tax, Title, License, registration.

Dealer claims I was given invoice price, and I seem to believe that's so.

In NYC area, afraid to give name of dealer for fear they'll be bombarded. But I was straight with them from the beginning, asked them to beat $18,000 (with destination) and they did.

Thoughts?
    Why would it matter to you if the dealer were bombarded with people wanting to buy Civics from them? Maybe they would like that, since they weren't forced to sell to you for that price.
  • poobbubespoobbubes Member Posts: 6
    Was that for an order you placed or did they already have the car on the lot?
    Brand new order- not on lot.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    just to add to my previous post....the msrp on the 08 civic lx coupe with auto in nov 07 when i purchased it was 18,100.00 including destination charge.my price as i mentioned earlier was 16,500.00 plus TTT....price for 09 lancer was 17,100.00 plus TTT....dealer gave me 16,000.00 for the civic..the lancer's roomier interior as well as the longer warranty will come in handy for my wife and i and our soon to be newborn baby..
  • monshmonsh Member Posts: 5
    08 lx civic 4 dr sedan - $17,250 (incl. destn) + ttl

islehondas and mplshondadlr, care to think about this ?
    thank you mrcoolguy for all your views and posts.
    others, dont get discouraged, keep looking and you will find good deals.

honda at dublin and oakland are cheats according to me since they did not respect their emails when I went to them.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Awesome price - about $100.00 over our invoice here in the Minneapolis market. My dealer just marked them down to $17685.00 plus TT&l which is $500.00 over.

Dont bother asking which of the six I work for because I wont tell you!!!
  • pablohoney6907pablohoney6907 Member Posts: 1
    09' civic ex
    got one tonight for 19,700plus tax title license so 21,179 out the door.
    Let me guess Yonkers Honda or Potamkin Honda....
    I dont want to ask :-)....
    ha ha ha
    Nope!
    A dealer just gave the out of the dealer price for $19,497.91 . Includes everything.
    Is it a good price? I live in Texas
  • mrcoolguy209mrcoolguy209 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the kinds words Monsh.

Where did you end up purchasing your Civic? Did you try Berkeley or El Cerrito?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    For the LX model I'd shoot for $17,400.00 and a drive out price of $18,708.80 for Texas.
  • arun196arun196 Member Posts: 1
    $17300 +ttl for 2008 civic lx automatic 4 door sedan....
    Is this a good price?
  • csundealcsundeal Member Posts: 3
    how about the following prices in Los Angeles?Are they ok or too expensive?
    2008 Honda Civic LX Automatic $17,789
    Coupe $17,689

2008 Honda Civic EX Automatic $19,510

2008 Honda Civic EX-L Automatic $20,795

EX NAVI AUTOMATIC $21,155

EX-L NAVI AUTOMATIC $22,890
    GENERAL MANAGER SPECIAL
    1-ONLY ONE WHITE 2007 EXL V-6WITH NAV NEW
    $22,935
    2-ONE BLUE 2007 EX-L V-6 COUPE NEW
    $20,996
  • patel81patel81 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a NEW Honda Civic LX Automatic Sedan 2008 for $17,150 + TTL from a dealer in conshohocken, PA. Do you think I got a good deal?
  • joeschmoavgjoeschmoavg Member Posts: 1
    Hi csundeal. Is there a dealer in LA that actually has the 09 Civic Sedans? Specifically the EX. Thanks!
    Great Price! Thats $800 less than in NYC. Who was the dealer? Thanks
    Conicelli Honda. You should rush if you are planning to buy from there. They just have only couple of 08s left!!
    I was offered the same price in Dallas but when I went to the dealer the salesman increased the price for the accesories already in the car, bulls....
    They wanted 18600 + TTL, and I left the place.
    People who bought Civic 08 LX sedan AT in Texas, could you told me your OTD price please?
    Thanks
    btw I did not add any accessories. I just got whatever comes default with LX Sedan.
    price 17,400 + ttl
    OTD around 18,700.
    San Antonio, TX
    i didnt try berkeley , tried el ceritto though.
    they werent able to match the price :(
    texanbarr,

Did you add accesories to your vehicle?
  • jeopardy999jeopardy999 Member Posts: 1
    Got an 08 Civic LX sedan for $16976 at Honda of Decatur (AL) at the end of last month. They added mudguards, pinstriping and paint sealant for free. No one else around here would come close to that.
    What was your OTD price?